Dicks and chicks
24-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Seems like he's gonna be signing :)

cricketsi
25-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Mods, merge this with the Juan Mata thread :good:

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 01:42 AM
anyone think he's gonna be our long term replacement for theo walcott?

Kano
25-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Santi Cazorla Likes This

https://p.twimg.com/AymB-4-CAAIhNR-.jpg

Injury Time
25-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Santi Cazorla Likes This

https://p.twimg.com/AymB-4-CAAIhNR-.jpg
Letters do they have that pic on the stall you bought your orange Fabgotgas "official" top from?

Flavs
25-07-2012, 07:28 AM
I will "literally" wet myself if this happens

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 07:28 AM
one thing that worries me about him is his loyalty. After one good season with Malaga he decided to jump ship, even though his wages were unpaid for a period of time (however the club have resolved all its financial issues now) If he has one good season for us do people think he will jump ship?

Injury Time
25-07-2012, 07:34 AM
one thing that worries me about him is his loyalty. After one good season with Malaga he decided to jump ship, even though his wages were unpaid for a period of time (however the club have resolved all its financial issues now) If he has one good season for us do people think he will jump ship?
Yes.

-Xs-
25-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Indeed. That goes without saying really.

Flavs
25-07-2012, 07:57 AM
I thought Malaga were cutting their wage budget hence they were trying to offload him, that's not a problem with his loyalty, its also not his fault it didnt work out at Real for him.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I thought Malaga were cutting their wage budget hence they were trying to offload him, that's not a problem with his loyalty, its also not his fault it didnt work out at Real for him.

its never cazorla's fault isn't it?! Why do you always defend him. ffs.

Flavs
25-07-2012, 08:13 AM

:unsure:

IBK
25-07-2012, 08:20 AM
LOL at debating a players' loyalty. If he comes he will be no more, no less loyal than any other football player - ie he won't be loyal.

Kano
25-07-2012, 08:21 AM
:unsure:

http://www.whatknows.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/angry_computer_guy.jpg

Flavs
25-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Apparently my post not only angered him but also effected his sentence composition.

LDG
25-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Quaresma :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 08:32 AM
LOL at debating a players' loyalty. If he comes he will be no more, no less loyal than any other football player - ie he won't be loyal.

Pretty much.

Infact I'd expect him to do one after 3 seasons anyway.

Syn
25-07-2012, 08:35 AM
He'll be 30 by then anyway. The arsenal pensioner scheme doesn't attract the names it used to.

Letters
25-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Letters do they have that pic on the stall you bought your orange Fabgotgas "official" top from?
:p

My mummy got that for me <_<

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2012, 09:47 AM

:doh:

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Apparently my post not only angered him but also effected his sentence composition.

Well it is his thread so you the right to throw one's toys out of one's pram are reserved soley for the thread starter. . .so your opinion, no matter hownon confrontational it may be must be kept to yourself. . .shit are you new around here?

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 09:57 AM
true loyalty is demonstrated by the players who stayed at Juventus when they got relegated to Serie B Trezeguet, buffon, del peiero, Also that rangers romanian international player who's staying with them despite relegation to the 3rd division.

Joker
25-07-2012, 10:26 AM
This would be a great signing, exactly the sort of player we should be going in for. An experienced, quality international who won't cost the earth and none of the big clubs are after him either, so no excuse.

The Ogg Monster
25-07-2012, 10:43 AM

He wont jump ship because we'll actually pay him for his job.

EDIT- Ive never heard of this guy where does he play? is he any good? Its funny we all spend so long trying to find transfers and this happeneds over night.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2012, 11:16 AM
interesting. wenger was asked about transfers today and gave his answer here:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-want-to-bring-more-players-in

but then arsenal decided to edit and remove a part he talked about cazorla. you can see it highlighed in blue in the link below

https://twitter.com/GunnerGalactico/status/228082897821786113/photo/1/large

wishful thinking..

Syn
25-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Twitter's fantastic. The lengths people go to.

Asthmatic Kitty
25-07-2012, 11:27 AM
what was the story with cazorla and real madrid in (i think) 2008?

in a youtube video where they did a 'player profile' on him they said he rejected a move to real "to show the big clubs they couldn't always get what they want" or something along those lines. which sounds weird.

kinda feel we don't have to worry about his loyalty in this case anyway because of his age.

will be pretty excited if this deal happens (because of his reputation, haven't seen him much), but after the mata saga last year i'm not getting my hopes up until its confirmed!

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 12:10 PM
what was the story with cazorla and real madrid in (i think) 2008?

in a youtube video where they did a 'player profile' on him they said he rejected a move to real "to show the big clubs they couldn't always get what they want" or something along those lines. which sounds weird.

kinda feel we don't have to worry about his loyalty in this case anyway because of his age.

will be pretty excited if this deal happens (because of his reputation, haven't seen him much), but after the mata saga last year i'm not getting my hopes up until its confirmed!

sounds like he's got an ego

Kano
25-07-2012, 12:14 PM

who hasn't?

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 12:15 PM
who hasn't?

Junichi Inamoto

Flavs
25-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Junichi Inamoto

Hee you're freaky

Kano
25-07-2012, 12:17 PM
he's japanese - he has no s(e)oul.

Dicks and chicks
25-07-2012, 12:17 PM
he's japanese - he has no s(e)oul.

they have more soul than any type of race, just look how much they spend on pensions

selassie
25-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I will "literally" wet myself if this happens

You'll be dry for a long time! I dunno..I'm really skeptical about this, I would love it to happen too but we'll find a way to screw up the deal.

One thing I am certain of is we're definitely in for him.

Syn
25-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd be a little surprised too. I know we need an attacking player but I would've thought - if we were going to make another big (by our standards) signing, it'd be at defensive mid, with oxlade pencilled in to play at acm, podolski and walcott wide. I'm not saying we don't need a cazorla, but from wenger's perspective we need someone who can defend in midfield a bit more.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 01:59 PM
At the moment we don't have a creative central midfielder so it's a priority. Cazorla's preferred position is ACM.

He'd be a great signing but it's going to be Mata all over again IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 02:02 PM

He's an ambidextrous footballer, I'd have an ego too.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-07-2012, 02:08 PM
i think he's a must get..... transfer rumours are sounding kind of similar to that of Giroud's and we all know how that went.

Syn
25-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Seems to have the Maccy seal of approval. All the chuckle brothers, Arsene and Ivan, need to wait for now is for Cripps saying Cazorla's rubbish before adding a couple of zeros to their current offer and walking away.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 02:20 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/ao6bkj.png

Me. :bow:

Syn
25-07-2012, 02:20 PM
:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2012, 02:51 PM
:good:

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Having someone like Cazorla would be good in the tight games, where chances are limited. I felt we lacked a bit of spark at times last season, especially without Cesc and his ability to pass.

LDG
25-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Have we not signed this twat yet?

Cripps_orig
25-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Would be funny if we didnt get him

Unai Tea
25-07-2012, 08:00 PM
At the moment we don't have a creative central midfielder so it's a priority. Cazorla's preferred position is ACM.

He'd be a great signing but it's going to be Mata all over again IMO.

I've been wondering about Mata last year. Could we have missed out on Mata because Cazorla was our first option? We dithered a long time with Mata but maybe we were waiting to get Cazorla so never pushed for Mata. By the time the Cazorla thing fell through Chelsea was all over Mata like stink on shit.

No idea if that's right but seems like a possibility.

GP
25-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Chelsea just outbid us. Simple as that.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I've been wondering about Mata last year. Could we have missed out on Mata because Cazorla was our first option? We dithered a long time with Mata but maybe we were waiting to get Cazorla so never pushed for Mata. By the time the Cazorla thing fell through Chelsea was all over Mata like stink on shit.

No idea if that's right but seems like a possibility.

I was thinking the same thing

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't think it's true, with no offence to Santi Cazorla who i like as a player, Mata is a better player than him, it annoys me every time I see Juan Mata in a chelsea shirt....because he's such a good player and should have come to us!

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 08:30 PM
It was well documented that Mata was available for around 20m because of the release clause he had, however for one reason or another we never stumped up the cash in time. Then his contract was renewed, the release clause trebled and we were priced out.

I think we were too wrapped up in the Cesc and Nasri sagas. If we had just told them to fuck off earlier in the window we might have landed Mata.

Oh well.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 08:35 PM
It was well documented that Mata was available for around 20m because of the release clause he had, however for one reason or another we never stumped up the cash in time. Then his contract was renewed, the release clause trebled and we were priced out.

I think we were too wrapped up in the Cesc and Nasri sagas. If we had just told them to fuck off earlier in the window we might have landed Mata.

Oh well.

Didn't Chelsea buy him for £18m though?

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Can't remember, I thought it was closer to the 30m mark?

Either way we had a decent chance to get him but I doubt our intentions were strong enough at the time.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 08:57 PM
£23.5 million I believe.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah so his release clause didn't treble cos then it would have been £60m

Either way we missed out but I'm not sure he's all that tbh. He's not a regular at Chelsea is he?

Bottom line is we cannot sign players if Chelsea want the same player and that's the same for all but 3 clubs in the world.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 09:30 PM
He was very much a regular at Chelsea last season, he played 53 times last season and I don't believe many of those were as a sub. However they've gone creative crazy now so it's possible it will all get a bit messy there. Hope so, think he's brilliant tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Hazard, Romeu, Mata, Lampard, Ramires, Merieles, Benayoun, Malouda, Mikel, Essien, McEachran, little Hazard, Sturridge, Marin and now Oscar.

Granted little Hazard and McEachran will be mostly reserves, and possibly Meireles, Yossi and Malouda will be sold, but even so...

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Marin, Oscar, Water Hazard and Fire Hazard all in one window. :lol:

Mad.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I guess that plan for being "self sufficient" has gone out the window as well...

Has Roman just gone off on one after people renaming "parking the bus" to be "doing a Chelsea"?

Kano
25-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Hazard, Romeu, Mata, Lampard, Ramires, Merieles, Benayoun, Malouda, Mikel, Essien, McEachran, little Hazard, Sturridge, Marin and now Oscar.

Granted little Hazard and McEachran will be mostly reserves, and possibly Meireles, Yossi and Malouda will be sold, but even so...
and moses shall return to rule them all...

let's not forget that they also had bids for schuerrle and willian turned down. for now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah so his release clause didn't treble cos then it would have been £60m

Either way we missed out but I'm not sure he's all that tbh. He's not a regular at Chelsea is he?

Bottom line is we cannot sign players if Chelsea want the same player and that's the same for all but 3 clubs in the world.

http://i.qkme.me/35g930.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2012, 10:25 PM

cant wait til FFP kicks in. if it actually works then clubs like chelsea are fucked. once the current crop of players they've bought grow old and retire, they'll have fuck all to fall back on because their academy is shite. they've already tried investing millions to improve their academy but it hasn't worked.

so they've gone for one last splash in the ocean before FFP comes in but in 10 years time they'll be back to square one again. only problem is, theoretically, they wouldn't be able to spunk £100m+ in one transfer window to regenerate an ageing squad. and as their academy's crap they'll be screwed.

GP
25-07-2012, 10:32 PM
There was an interview with one of our younguns a few days ago (Olsson?) who said before he joined us, a scout arranged a trial for him with Chelsea, but when he got there they turned him away because Abramovich had cancelled all youth team activities permanently :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2012, 10:44 PM
not surprised mate.

frank arnesen was portrayed as some sort of saviour for chelsea's academy but he gave up and left for hamburg last summer. what's the point in trying to build an academy when you have an owner with zero patience? he saw light and packed his bags. fair play to him.

their academy's all over the place and it isn't looking good. from what ive seen that mceachran is a decent little player and if i was them id have bedded him into the team by now. but he's been getting no game time and will probably be off next year.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 11:07 PM
http://i.qkme.me/35g930.jpg

I seem to remember he was used as sub most of the time. I must be wrong!

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 11:07 PM
cant wait til FFP kicks in. if it actually works then clubs like chelsea are fucked. once the current crop of players they've bought grow old and retire, they'll have fuck all to fall back on because their academy is shite. they've already tried investing millions to improve their academy but it hasn't worked.

so they've gone for one last splash in the ocean before FFP comes in but in 10 years time they'll be back to square one again. only problem is, theoretically, they wouldn't be able to spunk £100m+ in one transfer window to regenerate an ageing squad. and as their academy's crap they'll be screwed.

So just another 10 yrs to wait then

Keith
26-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Didn't winning the champions league give them millions of prize money?

Flavs
26-07-2012, 08:08 AM
not surprised mate.

frank arnesen was portrayed as some sort of saviour for chelsea's academy but he gave up and left for hamburg last summer. what's the point in trying to build an academy when you have an owner with zero patience? he saw light and packed his bags. fair play to him.

their academy's all over the place and it isn't looking good. from what ive seen that mceachran is a decent little player and if i was them id have bedded him into the team by now. but he's been getting no game time and will probably be off next year.

Dont forget they had 2 pay Leeds £12mil in damages for poaching Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods. Where are they now? Taiwo plays for Yevil and Woods plays for Carlisle

Flavs
26-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Have we not signed this twat yet?

I've left my signature on few throughout the years tbf

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I've left my signature on few throughout the years tbf

Not with permanent marker?....the humanity!

Fist of Lehmann
26-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Marin, Oscar, Water Hazard and Fire Hazard all in one window. :lol:

Mad.:lol:

Really hope he turns out to be mentally weak.

Then I can call him Choking Hazard.

Ahahaha. Sorry.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2012, 04:36 PM
FFS.

Fist of Lehmann
26-07-2012, 04:44 PM
FFS.

Harsh, but ***tish.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I may have chuckled though tbf.

Bergkampwonderland10
26-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I seem to remember he was used as sub most of the time. I must be wrong!
He pretty much turned their season around..scored a few, got a lot of assists and even made Torres look good again...no easy feat. He's a great player and we were slack not to sign him up before chelsea caught wind of a deal.
Here's some stats...12 goals in your debut season from midfield isn't bad really...more than Walcott...and probably more assists too. Some stats.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=47417

Unai Tea
26-07-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7937524/Cazorla-won-t-come-cheap

First comment from Malaga was no way he's being sold. Now it's £15m transfer fee would be giving him away and need more money.

Interesting.

Özim
26-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Is this another one of these pipedream deals we pursue for ages, deals we have no hope of completing?

Unai Tea
26-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Is this another one of these pipedream deals we pursue for ages, deals we have no hope of completing?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Proof is invariably in the pudding.

Özim
26-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Yup we'll see I guess, I don't like those comments from Malaga though, thought it was looking promising before those.

Unai Tea
26-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Yup we'll see I guess, I don't like those comments from Malaga though, thought it was looking promising before those.

The quote below was from Malaga a day or so ago... then the ones above came after. So their stance seems less adamant about selling him.

Some reports in England have even claimed that the Gunners have held talks with the player.

But Malaga have told Sky Sports that they are not in the market to sell their star man.

"Cazorla is not for sale, we do not talk about rumours in the press and our plans are not to even negotiate his exit," a source confirmed to Sky Sports.

Going from 'not for sale' and 'not to even negotiate', to 'will take more than £15m to buy him, and we're not really keen to sell'

Özim
26-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I think they probably would sell, it's the money thing though, they sound like they want top whack for him, I can't see us paying that.

16 million was feasible, not sure more than that it for us.

Ollie the Optimist
26-07-2012, 09:50 PM

I like the quotes from winger too. It was none of this crap about if the right deal etc but he actually said we will sign 1 or 2 players, gives me hope for this deal

Özim
26-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I like the quotes from winger too. It was none of this crap about if the right deal etc but he actually said we will sign 1 or 2 players, gives me hope for this deal
He says that every summer to be fair, doesn't always pan out.

He always says "one maybe two players"

Ollie the Optimist
26-07-2012, 09:52 PM

Ah but he said we will sign players, not maybe etc but will sign players. Different to last few years

Unai Tea
26-07-2012, 09:53 PM

I think it's fair to say that Wenger will do what he wants. And what he wants does not always match up with what he says.

Özim
26-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I think it's fair to say that Wenger will do what he wants. And what he wants does not always match up with what he says.
Pretty much, if he signs players that will be great, I won't be getting excited till they've signed on the dotted line though.

Unai Tea
26-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Pretty much, if he signs players that will be great, I won't be getting excited till they've signed on the dotted line though.

That's a prudent approach and nothing wrong with it. We've been let down repeatedly in the transfer window where one or two smart buys would have gone a long way to maybe getting a trophy in the last 7 years. Hopefully we'll see a bit more of a splurge this summer which translates to a greater chance of a trophy. I'm not expecting a £100m splurge but it seems bringing in 2-3 more useful players would go a long way.

-Xs-
26-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Nah. Nothing doing with this one.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2012, 08:57 AM
John Cross has got involved with this now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-line-up-santi-cazorla-1172343

SC Week. :rose:

LDG
27-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Another John Cross exclusive.

I don't know where he digs up all of this stuff. So ahead of the game that man :bow:

GP
27-07-2012, 09:12 AM
He must have found it written on the back of a team sheet.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2012, 09:44 AM
He has another piece written, I'll post it in the appropriate thread. :lol:

Master Splinter
27-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Will be some classic WUMger material if he decides on Sahin for a season and doesn't bother with Cazorla.

Baptista :bow:.

SC week :rose:.

GunnerFan4Life
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
The guy who announced on twitter (AFCCAMDEN?) we'd be signing a spanish player, who got it right, who then announced it would be Carzola, got it right before every other 'source' mentioned, got it right, who last week said that he'll likely will be having a medical this week, has got it right again.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7954704/Cazorla-due-to-fly-in

Apparently BBC have it somewhere as well but can't find it. This guy works for AFC in some capacity

LDG
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
:woohoo:

Spunk everywhere is this happens!

fakeyank
01-08-2012, 04:07 PM
:dance:

Fuck Bitches, Get Money! :cool:

Ernesto
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
not surprised mate.

You're right about Chelsea. I'm more worried about Manchester City, though. Even when they were shit, they were churning out a fair few half-decent players through their academy. Intersperse them among 5 kick-ass world-beaters, and they could STILL be the team to beat....

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
played 5 games in central midfield last season.
7 games as a DM.
17 on the right.
9 on the left.

a versatile player which is good seeing as our wingers and attacking midfielders always seem to be injured.

Kyle?
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
played 5 games in central midfield last season.
7 games as a DM.
17 on the right.
9 on the left.

a versatile player which is good seeing as our wingers and attacking midfielders always seem to be injured.

I wasn't aware he could play DM too? Jeez, how gifted is this guy, the PSG fans will be loving it when they outbid us.

AKBapologist
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhVGH4-4z5w

Injury Time
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Ss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhVGH4-4z5w
Dont worry Wenger will train all that sort of nonsense out of him :thumb: : crying:

Kyle?
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Ss
Dont worry Wenger will train all that sort of nonsense out of him :thumb: : crying:

I've noticed Oxo playing a more wengerised style lately. If he ruins Cazorla too, we really are in the shit.

GP
02-08-2012, 08:03 AM
I've noticed Oxo playing a more wengerised style lately. If he ruins Cazorla too, we really are in the shit.

That doesn't make sense.

Ollie the Optimist
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM

That doesn't make sense.

ach never does :good:

Cripps_orig
02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
ach never does :good:Um what? :blink:

:doh:

You really are an idiot

Grebbo
02-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Cazorla at an airport supposedly on his way for Arsenal medical this afternoon

http://twitter.com/#!/AFCAMDEN/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Ff6NeBYta

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
:popcorn:

Asthmatic Kitty
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Cazorla at an airport supposedly on his way for Arsenal medical this afternoon

http://twitter.com/#!/AFCAMDEN/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Ff6NeBYta

in before someone posts the original picture again :lol:

The Ogg Monster
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Midfield overload.

What now for Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey and Arteta. Or does this mean Wilsheres dead?

Flavs
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Apparently he is at Colney having a medical as we speak :unsure:

Flavs
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Midfield overload.

What now for Rosicky, Diaby, Ramsey and Arteta. Or does this mean Wilsheres dead?

I thinkw e have just got him as an alternative to Walcott tbh. Also Ramsey is on Team GB detail, Rosicky, Frimpong and Wilshere are all injured and Diaby is, well Diaby

The Ogg Monster
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I think we might be looking at a change in formation. Just a hunch.

Grebbo
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Midfield overload.

Rosicky is always injured and isn't world class
Diaby...is there anything left to say about Diaby?
Ramsey is shit
Arteta will still start

Cazorla is a top top player. Better than anything we've got by a country mile - including Wilshere.

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Read an interesting piece on bleacherreport.com (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1280408-arsenal-transfer-what-you-must-know-about-arsenal-transfer-target-santi-cazorla#/articles/1280408-arsenal-transfer-what-you-must-know-about-arsenal-transfer-target-santi-cazorla/page/3) which describes Cazorla as a "false 11", playmaker who starts wide but drifts.

I could be that Wenget is planning on replacing our lost creativity by tweaking the formation slightly - provided he get the playmaking winger he wants.

I_Killed_Kenny
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
some dude on another shitty forum says carzola has just tweeted "since this moment i am a gunner".

can anyone cofirm this shit on twatter?

Boss
02-08-2012, 03:10 PM
This is supposed to be his official twitter which backs the above up:

http://twitter.com/SCazorla12

:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Not verified but who he follows seems to suggest legitimacy tbf.

Syn
02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Look at it - it has to be fake. Been there since Dec and only has 5000 followers? (half of whom I assume have been got in the last hour).

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
This signing is looking literally unstoppable now.

But I do wish all this Twitter shite would just feck off.

I_Killed_Kenny
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
indeed, how dare twatter get in the way of top class journalism!

Power n Glory
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Read an interesting piece on bleacherreport.com (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1280408-arsenal-transfer-what-you-must-know-about-arsenal-transfer-target-santi-cazorla#/articles/1280408-arsenal-transfer-what-you-must-know-about-arsenal-transfer-target-santi-cazorla/page/3) which describes Cazorla as a "false 11", playmaker who starts wide but drifts.

I could be that Wenget is planning on replacing our lost creativity by tweaking the formation slightly - provided he get the playmaking winger he wants.

He'll play the same role as what Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky played when out wide. But if he's used to playing outwide and drifting in, he should be much better at the role.

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
indeed, how dare twatter get in the way of top class journalism!
Or, you know, fact.

It just seems to encourage trolling fakery.

I_Killed_Kenny
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
absolutley agree mate. i normally dont belive fuckall on twatter and not on it myself. just kinda got excited when i saw that post tbh. twatter is a world of gobshite

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
He'll play the same role as what Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky played when out wide. But if he's used to playing outwide and drifting in, he should be much better at the role.
I thought Arshavin and Nasri, when at their most effective did tend to drift and swap sides naturally. It didn't really seem to be in evidence for an entire season though, so maybe it wasn't an intentional tactic, or Wenget wanted it to occur organically, or once the confidence goes everything becomes more laboured.

Optimistically speaking, Cazorla looks like being a round peg bought for a round hole.

GP
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I thought Arshavin and Nasri, when at their most effective did tend to drift and swap sides naturally. It didn't really seem to be in evidence for an entire season though, so maybe it wasn't an intentional tactic, or Wenget wanted it to occur organically, or once the confidence goes everything becomes more laboured.

Optimistically speaking, Cazorla looks like being a round peg bought for a round hole.

Cazorla's round hole ##

Kyle?
02-08-2012, 04:11 PM

That doesn't make sense.

Wengerised = Tippy tappy, try and score the perfect goal, never beat your man. Or the dictionary definition, Theo Walcott.

Syn
02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Wengerised = Tippy tappy, try and score the perfect goal, never beat your man. Or the dictionary definition, Theo Walcott.

You could've pretty much picked any other player. But you picked Walcott - who is the most unArsenal, unArsene, un-tappy-tappy player you could get.

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Wengerisation Effect can do whatever people want it to do, even contradict itself.

Kyle?
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
You could've pretty much picked any other player. But you picked Walcott - who is the most unArsenal, unArsene, un-tappy-tappy player you could get.

Good point, maybe i've been wengerised too. "What mistake, i didn't see it......"

GP
02-08-2012, 04:35 PM
'I didn't see it' :lol:

Something he said once in 1996

Kyle?
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
'I didn't see it' :lol:

Something he said once in 1996

Come on, it's a cult trademarked Wenger line now. even if someone like Pulis uses it every week.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
And anyway, he wears glasses now.

I_Killed_Kenny
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Probably why his signings have been good this summer

KSE Comedy Club
02-08-2012, 09:55 PM
L'equipe and the guardian are both saying deal is done.

£16m, 4 year deal, £70k pw.

Announcement tomorrow.

Ollie the Optimist
02-08-2012, 10:22 PM
we wanted a massive marquee signing, well now we have it. well done wenger

selassie
02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Arsene isn't messing about this summer, he's been bloody ruthless in the market, like the Arsene of old. :tiphat:

Just need to get rid of the rubbish now...any offers for Bendy, Park, Squillaci & Chamakh? :coffee:

selassie
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Rosicky is always injured and isn't world class
Diaby...is there anything left to say about Diaby?
Ramsey is shit
Arteta will still start

Cazorla is a top top player. Better than anything we've got by a country mile - including Wilshere.

Yup, if Cazorla plays at the same level as he has been in La Liga for the past 5 seasons then he'll be our star player, he's an upgrade on Nasri a couple of seasons back if he can produce like he has been in La Liga.

Kyle?
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Arsene isn't messing about this summer, he's been bloody ruthless in the market, like the Arsene of old. :tiphat:

Just need to get rid of the rubbish now...any offers for Bendy, Park, Squillaci & Chamakh? :coffee:

Good to have the real Arsene back, the one who took us to where we are now.

Power n Glory
02-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Great stuff from Wenger if we pull this off. Exciting times for once. Gazidis deserves some credit too.

Cripps_orig
03-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Have we bought this **** yet?

Kyle?
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Great stuff from Wenger if we pull this off. Exciting times for once. Gazidis deserves some credit too.

Something i never thought i'd read.

Master Splinter
03-08-2012, 01:30 AM
SC Week has proved a success :bow:.

FL Week :lol:.

LB Week next :scarf:.

Cripps_orig
03-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Leon Best?

fakeyank
03-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Looking at the signings, how many of you would agree that the 8-2 loss to Utd was probably one of the best things that happened to us in years?

server too busy!
03-08-2012, 07:58 AM
You mean the signings of Arteta etc, because these have nothing to do with it...

fakeyank
03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
You mean the signings of Arteta etc, because these have nothing to do with it...

No, I mean not waiting till the last minute to see what happens in the transfer market, covering our own backside and doing the business early into the transfer window, getting experienced internationals and not the next 'Messi embryo'

GP
03-08-2012, 08:05 AM
No

server too busy!
03-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't think we've ever just waited till the last minute to see what happens. I suspect its more to do with trying to get targets that have fallen through...we were apparently in for a whole number of people last season that didn't work out. Mata is an example of that, Cazorla another!

Also don't forget Squillaci was an experienced international when he joined us!

Grebbo
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
'Tiny' Cazorla is at the training ground again this morning - medical being completed right now!! Hopeful for an announcement later #AFC

He's the guy who broke the Niang trial and Cazorla interest before anyone else. This was about an hour ago....

GP
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
He also reckons Cazorla has introduced to Vermaelen.

So that's our captain.

Grebbo
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that Vermaelen was our new captain? Unless RVP does a u-turn of course.

AKBapologist
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
No, I mean not waiting till the last minute to see what happens in the transfer market, covering our own backside and doing the business early into the transfer window, getting experienced internationals and not the next 'Messi embryo'
Yeah, I'm sure champions league qualification didn't have anything to do with it at all.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that Vermaelen was our new captain? Unless RVP does a u-turn of course.

I was going to ask about that, so RvP does do a u-turn, can he really expect to keep the caps armband. . .not yhat he will or anythinh

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Great to see we got our man. . . .next :popcorn: Sahin :pray:

Munchies
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
@YoungGunsBlog

Santi Cazorla at the Arsenal training ground this morning to complete move. Met the players. Medical done. Virtually done now.
Arsenal just waiting on Málaga to sign it off. Up to them.

--
Regarding the Sahin deal, apparently Wenger wants a clause so we have the option to buy him at the end which is slowing it abit.

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Just seen someone on twitter saying that he might not be announced until Monday now.

Maybe waiting on sahin to announce a double signing?

Marc Overmars
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
SSN reckon there could be a slight delay because Malaga are in the process of getting new owners, so there's no official word yet as to who will basically sign on their side of things.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM

i hope so. but then i go back to the giroud signing and the fact rvp announced he's leaving a few days later. i cant help but feel walcott is not going to sign a new contract so cazorla is his replacement. when was the last time wenger splashed so much on an experienced, established player, in order to increase competition in the squad? it rarely happens. at least post invincibles it hasn't.

i hope walcott stays because it gives us real strength and depth, something we've not had since the invincibles.

on the bright side, in the last 2 years we've signed koscielny (26), squillaci (31), chamakh (28), santos (29), arteta (30) and mertesacker (27). add to that podolski (27), giroud (25) and cazorla (27), and it tells us project youth is well and truly dead. we're heading for a new direction.

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
http://t.co/Mh6kU6UG

Anyone know if this is real? I can't tell on my iPhone but the neck looks photoshopped.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
That looks like a sketch. It does have the Arsenal.com watermark though.

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeh but it looks like the heads been photoshopped on.

I really cant tell at this resolution.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
It's probably someone getting overeager.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Have we brought him yet?

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes.

He has passed a medical and signed. Just waiting for Malaga to sign it off their end, then we can announce it officially.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2012, 12:32 AM
So no?

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Unofficially, yes.

accountproblem
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM
http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/063/431/63431.jpg

me when it's confirmed tomorrow

Kyle?
05-08-2012, 08:23 PM
http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/063/431/63431.jpg

me when it's confirmed tomorrow

Is it going to be confirmed tomorrow? I've heard nothing about it. As far as i'm aware, nobody at malaga has signed off on their end of the deal yet.

GunnerFan4Life
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
According to the FIFA Website - "#Arsenal have completed the signing of Spanish international midfielder Santiago Cazorla"

GunnerFan4Life
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
http://touch.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1675878.html

Marc Overmars
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Just waiting for Arsenal.com to confirm it now.

Santi. :bow:

Cripps_orig
06-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Have we signed this **** yet?

We've been close to signing him for weeks now

Arsenal taking ages to sign one player :doh:

Young Guns 11
06-08-2012, 01:01 AM

Arsenal taking ages to sign one player :doh:

:rolleyes:

Lord Nelson
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
He will probably sign for Chelsea.....LOL!

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Arsenal taking ages to sign one player :doh:Yes we have already signed him.

Fist of Lehmann
06-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Also, how long is it taking Real to sign Modric?

Even if it's not holding up the Sahin transfer I still want to see the back of this guy and his middle-aged woman looking face.

Kano
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
and the hazard saga

i think we can safely say that we have been the busiest buyers so far this summer along with chelsea, whilst everyone else has sat on their arse

GP
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Cazorla is apparently travelling to Koln with the squad.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I genuinely think we are trying to finalise the loan deal for sahib so we can announce both together.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Cazorla is apparently travelling to Colne with the squad.

I'll be ready to greet him.

Fist of Lehmann
06-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I genuinely think we are trying to finalise the loan deal for sahib so we can announce both together.

One press conference cheaper than two. :good:

GP
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I'll be ready to greet him.

Best get some bacon on :good:

I_Killed_Kenny
06-08-2012, 03:19 PM
is that allowed though? surely if the paperwork isnt signed then we cant be allowed to take a player on a tour as he isnt ours, no matter how close the deal may be to completion.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Best get some bacon on :good:

True. But not for him.

Master Splinter
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Bacon :lol:.

He'd spit it out in disgust anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19086404

So, tomorrow it should be official.

GP
06-08-2012, 08:01 PM
David Ornstein knows his eggs, tbh.

And as everyone knows, eggs are the perfect accompaniment to bacon.

Kyle?
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19086404

So, tomorrow it should be official.

About time

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
David Ornstein knows his eggs, tbh.

And as everyone knows, eggs are the perfect accompaniment to bacon.

Pretty much. Need fried bread there though too tbf.

Kyle?
06-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Pretty much. Need fried bread there though too tbf.

At this rate you may as well just hire a chef. Don't ask for lasagne though.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 08:43 PM
At this rate you may as well just hire a chef. Don't ask for lasagne though.

So long as you aren't in competition, lasagnes should be ok.

Kyle?
06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
So long as you aren't in competition, lasagnes should be ok.

:haha:

GunnerFan4Life
06-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Carzola is WITH arsenal squad in Germany.

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla in action on Sunday?

Community Shield :haha:.

RVP :haha:.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2012, 02:17 AM
A player we havent bought yet is on tour for us?

When we tap up, we do it the best way

Also whats the CS got to do with anything?

I_Killed_Kenny
07-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Seems like malaga hav given special permission for him to go to germany. Just sign off the papers then while ur at it!

Feck knows what the CS gotta do with it all!

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 09:19 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL!!

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/aug_12/gun__1344326609_cazorla04.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-sign-spain-midfielder-santi-cazorla

:bow:

KSE Comedy Club
07-08-2012, 09:20 AM
:scarf:

GP
07-08-2012, 09:21 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL!!

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/images/aug_12/gun__1344326609_cazorla04.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-sign-spain-midfielder-santi-cazorla

Maccy, you're the expert, how good is he?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Pretty good, put it this way, he has been the main guy of both Villarreal and more recently Malaga. Plus, he is two footed, so even if he was 'average', he'd double up.

GP
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27453474@N02/7731809570/

:scarf:

I_Killed_Kenny
07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Sweet! now deal with RVP one way or another and get another/proper DM and LB and I will jizz in my pants!

4-3-3
07-08-2012, 09:34 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL!!

yess honestly who saw this comming. :dance:

GP
07-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Wenger :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santi-cazorla-picture-gallery

Arteta. :bow:

Our new manager.

LDG
07-08-2012, 09:42 AM
What's wrong with his pants :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I_Killed_Kenny to blame probably.

Also,
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official

I'm so happy to hear that my mate Santi Cazorla is finally a gooner. Top guy, special player. A great signing! Come onnn!

I_Killed_Kenny
07-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Also,

I havent jizzed just yet. well, maybe a lil

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
What a man. :bow:

Cripps_orig
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Good signing

LDG
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Also,

Thethk should Thut up, tbf.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I think he will improve our attacking ability no end, our best high profile signing in a long time IMO.

4-3-3
07-08-2012, 10:19 AM
“I could not miss this opportunity - I am 27 years old so it was the last train I could catch.”

he is already a legend.:scarf:

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 10:25 AM
If you include the flurry at the end of last summer, our most recent signings have all been in in the prime of their careers. I think we have now certainly seen a change of approach.

Cripps_orig
07-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Too early to say imo

I_Killed_Kenny
its been good to see that happening. now we can complement project youth with experienced pros. players that can carry the team and show the young uns whats needed and when. good blend at the moment

Ollie the Optimist
If you include the flurry at the end of last summer, our most recent signings have all been in in the prime of their careers. I think we have now certainly seen a change of approach.

maybe rvp perferred the youth policy direction then

GP
07-08-2012, 10:35 AM
maybe rvp perferred the youth policy direction then

Maybe he prefers a cock in his mouth

Asthmatic Kitty
07-08-2012, 10:46 AM
woohoo!

really excited to see this guy play for us.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE CUP

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Don't!

It's cursed.

AKBapologist
07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Sign a quality DM and Mirallas if RVP leaves and we'll probably win the league (as in the EPL, not Cup) tbh. <

Fist of Lehmann
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Have not been this excited about a Gifted Inventive Spanish Midget (GISM) since Reyes.

And that went enormously well.

Thantiago Cathorrrla Gontháleth :bow:

Hump
07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
At the Press conference Philip Barclay asked about the the buy out arrangements in Cazorla's contract to which Arsene replied " There is no Santi Clause".It's a black Harrington with tartan lining.

dazthegooner
07-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Have not been this excited about a Gifted Inventive Spanish Midget (GISM) since Reyes.

And that went enormously well.

Thantiago Cathorrrla Gontháleth :bow:

Well tbf Reyes looked quite good untill he got assulted by the Neville sisters.

Fist of Lehmann
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Well tbf Reyes looked quite good untill he got assulted by the Neville sisters.
I think that may be giving the Manc cloggers too much credit.

Homesickness, an inability to learn the language, and that racism row all contributed.

We probably didn't give him enough help to integrate, and he was too young to cope with it.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Spanish midgets seem to be built of stronger stuff these days, so I don't think he'll have any trouble settling in.

Unless he really gets fucked up at the Britannia in a few weeks.

Joker
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
A great signing, these are the sorts of players we should have been in the market for over the last 5 years. Even if he fails, I won't criticise Wenger or the board because all the evidence suggests he's a top quality player and should add much needed creativity to our midfield.

bignev
07-08-2012, 11:58 AM
A great signing, these are the sorts of players we should have been in the market for over the last 5 years. Even if he fails, I won't criticise Wenger or the board because all the evidence suggests he's a top quality player and should add much needed creativity to our midfield.

Screenshot taken so that we can come back this post later :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
these are the types of signings we made when we were at our prime. players that are experienced, skillful and have lots to offer. we never asked for £30m signings because that just isn't us. all we wanted were solid, quality players, and that's what we are finally getting. i hope gazidis and wenger are taking note at the excitement fans are showing. more of the same please.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
also much has been made about gazidis and wenger for their role in some of the negotiations/contracts we've had over the past few years. well podolski, giroud and cazorla for £35m is exceptional business. credit where it's due.

Power n Glory
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Gazadis gets a lot of stick around here but"I think he's had a positive influence on Wenger* In the past, we'd have let players go and then attempt to repl!ce them with yowng players we already have in the camp. That doesn't seem to be the casd now. We're back to looking for value il the transfer market and bringing in exterienced player

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-08-2012, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Wiltord's Ginner;173841]also much has been made about gazidis and enger for their role in some of the neg/tiations/contracts we've had over the past few years. wEll [B]podolski, giroud `nd cazorla for

LDG
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Suarez Is Boss;173848]http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2011/03/james-van-der-beek-crying.gif[.QUOTE]

The Ogg Monster
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Todolski was £11m

Giroud £12m

Cazorla £18m apparently

£41m

Apparently, you dont know what your talking about.

GP
07-08-2012, 12:45 PM

Boss
07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Good stuff :bow: :bow:

Quite happy with all this.

Get in Sahin as well and I will jizz all over Letters' face.

GP
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Join the queue haha lol jk

Super Ghel
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
LTTP but :woohoo:

http://theuglydance.com/?v=ywjocmixyg

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM

Just remember who you're replying to.

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Wilshere and Cathorla in the same team :bow:.

We should promote those two kids we stole from Barca and stick them in to the team as well.

Project midget :bow:.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Gazidis gets a lot of stick around here but I think he's had a positive influence on Wenger. In the past, we'd have let players go and then attempt to replace them with young players we already have in the camp. That doesn't seem to be the case now. We're back to looking for value in the transfer market and bringing in experienced players.

yeah i agree. i think we tend to devalue ivan's role mainly because of things that have happened way before he arrived; he walked into a hot cauldron and came to arsenal when fan tension was at an all time high. i wouldn't have wanted to take the job, thats for sure. but he's done an okay job, it's not his fault players aren't signing the contracts he puts in front of them. as i say, most of what he's had to deal with have come from accumulated failings way before gazidis arrived; he came to arsenal midway through a failed youth project and had to pick up the pieces. he gets lambasted because he's the public face of arsenal and seems to churn out the usual PR crap like all the others do, but if he keeps doing what he's been doing over the past 12 months, he'll turn into a hero. dare i say, maybe even more loved than dein?

KSE Comedy Club
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
At a press conference, a journalist asked what the buyout arrangements were for cazorla, to which wenger replied:

"there is no santi clause"

The Ogg Monster
07-08-2012, 09:06 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01108/wenger_1108448c.jpg

Kyle?
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm not willing to praise Gazidis, but whoever got the deal sorted did an excellent job. Lets hope more top teams go bankrupt so we can steal their players. Next up: Atletico Madrid. As they're financial fucked anyway, i wouldn't mind Falcao as an RvP replacement.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:47 AM

Oh the irony :haha:

Letters
08-08-2012, 05:39 AM

:(

Özim
08-08-2012, 04:54 PM
We seem to have made some good signings so far this summer, so it's looking pretty good, we're not quite sure who is and isn't going to be leaving yet though.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 05:14 PM
All we can do is bolster the squad to offset any potential departures, and that's what we've done this summer. So those who want to go can go, we're prepared this time and that's the least we had to do this time after the farce of last year.

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:16 PM
We seem to have made some good signings so far this summer, so it's looking pretty good, we're not quite sure who is and isn't going to be leaving yet though.

it's a strange market with everyone being very cautious about taking on big wage earners - us and city are both in the same boat with offloading players. once the season starts in a week and a half clubs will either realise they have to take some hits on letting players go, or it will be more of the same.

Syn
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Fantastic signing. Lovely to have a player with Hleb's technique and style back at the Arsenal. Any midfielder that makes the Spanish squad these days is on another level as far as I'm concerned.

We've strengthened the most (or, maybe 2nd after Chelsea) as it stands. Massively important we keep Van Persie for next season and look to close the gap at the top.

bignev
10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Fantastic signing. Lovely to have a player with Hleb's technique and style back at the Arsenal. Any midfielder that makes the Spanish squad these days is on another level as far as I'm concerned.

We've strengthened the most (or, maybe 2nd after Chelsea) as it stands. Massively important we keep Van Persie for next season and look to close the gap at the top.

Hopefully Hleb's technique with some end product!