PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Song!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Unai Tea
17-08-2012, 04:08 PM
So does that mean we should expect to see Sahin being announced soon? Better be the case.

At least we can rest assured that Wenger will no longer be able to suggest that we have forgotten that Song can also play there.

saintnickle
17-08-2012, 04:14 PM
We have already spent the money we get from song on carzola.If only we could sell our deadwood as good as our stars..

Marc Overmars
17-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Feels like the start of something new. Pretty much all the project youth players have fucked off now, the team is unrecognisable to what it was just a couple seasons ago.

Come on New Arsenal.

Syn
17-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Feels like the start of something new. Pretty much all the project youth players have fucked off now, the team is unrecognisable to what it was just a couple seasons ago.

Come on New Arsenal.

It's full of championship manager signings - arteta, mertesacker etc. To reach the next level, we need an Englishman to become a great. Oxlade leads the race so far.

Young Guns 11
17-08-2012, 04:46 PM
From AFCAMDEN;

We've agreed a good price for Song, around £15-20m (Believe closer to £20m). Announcement soon. "Nuri Sahin is close" #AFC

Need a DM

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2012, 05:01 PM
That's a good price to get shot of him tbh.

He also says that song has been 'fucked off out the club'

Angry wenger with glasses :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Song. :lol:

What a douche.

Young Guns 11
17-08-2012, 05:16 PM

What a douche.

:gp:

Had his head turned good and proper.

AKBapologist
17-08-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908926-alex-song-set-for-17m-barca-transfer-after-demanding-to-leave-arsenal
Bye.

Power n Glory
17-08-2012, 06:52 PM
He won't play at Barca.

Syn
17-08-2012, 06:57 PM
He won't play at Barca.

Agreed. Silly move for him. He has hleb'd it all up. Barca will use him as a squaddie, he'll make 20-25 appearances to feature in the 7-0 drubbings against the shit teams, he'll pick up a winners medal and the fans will start saying he has justified his move. Because it doesn't come down to whether you've earned it or how much you've contributed - all that fucking matters is that you have a little medal to show your grandkids.

Master Splinter
17-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Wenger did always say he'd end up as a centre-back. It seems that's exactly what he'll be at Barcelona.

Shame for Song though, as he can't complete his transformation into the second coming of Zidane.

Barcelona have wasted almost as much money (Zlatan, Hleb, Chygsyt98yhiohgxx08 amongst others) as Chelsea and Citeh in recent years. Will Song be another pointless splurge?

fakeyank
17-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I can see Song completely ruining his career. I do not know what transpired but going to Barca has got to be the worst move for him. They have biscuit and Mascherano in his position along with the likes of Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta in the other positions. The only place where he can slot in is CB and that too is doubtful with Puyol being fit.

Dont know what the lad is thinking!! I can understand RVP wanting to go to Utd but I am very certain that 2-3 years down the line, Song will be giving a similar interview like Hleb!

The Wengerbabies
17-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Agreed. Silly move for him. He has hleb'd it all up. Barca will use him as a squaddie, he'll make 20-25 appearances to feature in the 7-0 drubbings against the shit teams, he'll pick up a winners medal and the fans will start saying he has justified his move. Because it doesn't come down to whether you've earned it or how much you've contributed - all that fucking matters is that you have a little medal to show your grandkids.

Success without having to work for it is the best kind though.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 07:00 PM
fuck him

Syn
17-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Success without having to work for it is the best kind though.

So how are you so against the monarchy then?

The Wengerbabies
17-08-2012, 07:10 PM
So how are you so against the monarchy then?

Jealousy.

Young Guns 11
17-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Wenger did always say he'd end up as a centre-back. It seems that's exactly what he'll be at Barcelona.

Shame for Song though, as he can't complete his transformation into the second coming of Zidane.

Barcelona have wasted almost as much money (Zlatan, Hleb, Chygsyt98yhiohgxx08 amongst others) as Chelsea and Citeh in recent years. Will Song be another pointless splurge?

I doubt very much Song has what it takes to be a starting CD at Barca. He'd be a massive weak link. That said he's only 24, got time on his side to improve and mature. But will he get the game time required to mature? Unlikely. What an idiot, he had it all here.

Özim
17-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Looks like he's on his way, wish we'd sorted this before the start of the season though (and found a replacement). Hopefully we're not going to wait till the Champions League deadline like last time.

Let's face it though, which player is going to turn down playing for Barca one of the world's biggest clubs, as we've seen in the past the pull of Real and Barca is huge and it's no surprise for a player to jump at the chance of moving when he get's the call (plus the weather is 100 times better). He may never get the chance again if he turned them down.

V-Pig
17-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Sad about this (if it goes through). I'll remember him as a quiet, self-effacing male and forget that stuff I've heard recently about him being an arrogant twat. And still wear my AS17 shirt. Until I get my Podolski one, of course.

Syn
17-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Jealousy.

:lol:

fari
17-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Sad about this (if it goes through). I'll remember him as a quiet, self-effacing male and forget that stuff I've heard recently about him being an arrogant twat. And still wear my AS17 shirt. Until I get my Podolski one, of course.

one of my fave players...why song...why????

gooners
17-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Jealousy.

:haha:

Marc Overmars
18-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I think Denchpong has essentially confirmed Song has packed his bags.

Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC

Uncle uncle Why did u leave me:(

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 09:32 AM

Songs an idiot for this move. If you're still developing as a player, you have to be smart about where you move to and going to the biggest and best may just stunt your growth. Has he weighed up the consequences? It's like Rodwell's move to City, he'll spend most of his time on the bench.

If he's able to prove his worth out there and show he has the ability, good on him, but he has serious competition on his hands and it's unlikely that he'll be a starter in the middle of the park. Hleb'd it up totally! The stupid thing is, he's only just started to get credit for being more than just the typical defensive African player. Just look how Yaya Toure was treated at Barca. He'd have taken a step back if they force him to play the bouncer role or some stand in wingback/defender. He's an idiot and he fought hard at Arsenal to show people that he's not just a one dimensional player.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I think Denchpong has essentially confirmed Song has packed his bags.

Uncle, Knew song was 40 really.

gooners
18-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Songs an idiot for this move. If you're still developing as a player, you have to be smart about where you move to and going to the biggest and best may just stunt your growth. Has he weighed up the consequences? It's like Rodwell's move to City, he'll spend most of his time on the bench.

If he's able to prove his worth out there and show he has the ability, good on him, but he has serious competition on his hands and it's unlikely that he'll be a starter in the middle of the park. Hleb'd it up totally! The stupid thing is, he's only just started to get credit for being more than just the typical defensive African player. Just look how Yaya Toure was treated at Barca. He'd have taken a step back if they force him to play the bouncer role or some stand in wingback/defender. He's an idiot and he fought hard at Arsenal to show people that he's not just a one dimensional player.

This was the same guy who got booed mercilessly by an entire stadium of so-called arsenal fans when he had a miserable game! Maybe he's thought about everything.

oh how fickle fans can be! Arsenal fans (me included) :haha:

(loyalty my arse)

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 12:49 PM
This was the same guy who got booed mercilessly by an entire stadium of so-called arsenal fans when he had a miserable game! Maybe he's thought about everything.

(loyalty my arse)

So you booed him, you happy he is going then ?

gooners
18-08-2012, 12:50 PM
So you booed him, you happy he is going then ?

i'm happy your face is going. <_<

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Why the need to be so rude.

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 01:11 PM

(loyalty my arse)

In this case, I'm not even stressing that he should show loyalty to the club/fans. I'm pretty sure he's on low wages and should be on more considering his contribution. The guy plays almost every game for us and hardly gets injured. But I think he's making the sort of move that will hamper his progression and set him back. If he wants to leave, at least go somewhere where you're a first team starter and the coach has him in mind for a major role and not some back up player.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2012, 01:14 PM

:doh:

gooners
18-08-2012, 01:19 PM
In this case, I'm not even stressing that he should show loyalty to the club/fans. I'm pretty sure he's on low wages and should be on more considering his contribution. The guy plays almost every game for us and hardly gets injured. But I think he's making the sort of move that will hamper his progression and set him back. If he wants to leave, at least go somewhere where you're a first team starter and the coach has him in mind for a major role and not some back up player.

Perhaps he is disenchanted --- seen toure,flamini,nasri,fabregas,rvp all fuck off. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I would leave too for any reason. Players like Verm,Sagna,Kos etc. haven't been here long enough to want out yet. Fingers crossed :threaten:

I think, he is gonna play as central defender. Puyol is getting on and is injuy prone these days. Barca looking for longterm solution me thinks. Song is skilled enough to play in cd for them. He will do well.

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Perhaps he is disenchanted --- seen toure,flamini,nasri,fabregas,rvp all fuck off. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I would leave too for any reason. Players like Verm,Sagna,Kos etc. haven't been here long enough to want out yet. Fingers crossed :threaten:

I think, he is gonna play as central defender. Puyol is getting on and is injuy prone these days. Barca looking for longterm solution me thinks. Song is skilled enough to play in cd for them. He will do well.

He probably is disenchanted and that's fair enough. But he could end up like Hleb over at Barca or Flamini.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 01:38 PM

(loyalty my arse)

I thought that was Eboue?

Dont remember anyone booing Song.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Song isnt disenchanted.

He thinks he's better than he is, and now Barca have shown some interest its gone to his head.

Thats all there is to it.

gooners
18-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I thought that was Eboue?

Dont remember anyone booing Song.

In 2006, the then 19-year-old started in midfield for Wenger's charges against Fulham. It was another off day for Arsenal and the Cameroon player felt the brunt of the travelling fans angst. Like, Eboue he was roundly booed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/350021-emmanuel-eboue-and-alex-song-personify-the-meaning-of-having-guts

19yrs old; disgusting!

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Song isnt disenchanted.

He thinks he's better than he is, and now Barca have shown some interest its gone to his head.

Thats all there is to it.

Yeah, you would know. I'll take your word for it.

gooners
18-08-2012, 02:05 PM

player bashing, eh?

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 03:20 PM

who the feck is this gooners guy?

Boss
18-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Song's medical is tonight apparently.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19293825

Bye.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Oh forget it.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 04:02 PM
who the feck is this gooners guy?

Fuck knows, just ignore it Charlie :good:

GP
18-08-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barcelona-for-song

Bai

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2012, 04:10 PM
This is ridiculous. It's a disgrace. Why do we have to put up with this from the big clubs? Can they not just send a list of who they want when the season ends and then we can get it out of the way early without it dragging on until the start of the season? It's disrespectful. I know we're a feeder club but that doesn't automatically imply we can be treated like shite. A little bit of respect from our main customers isn't too much to ask. Gazidis should be on the phone taking orders much earlier next time, he needs to step up and do this properly with the Theo, Jack and Ox deals.

gooners
18-08-2012, 04:14 PM
This is ridiculous. It's a disgrace. Why do we have to put up with this from the big clubs? Can they not just send a list of who they want when the season ends and then we can get it out of the way early without it dragging on until the start of the season? It's disrespectful. I know we're a feeder club but that doesn't automatically imply we can be treated like shite. A little bit of respect from our main customers isn't too much to ask. Gazidis should be on the phone taking orders much earlier next time, he needs to step up and do this properly with the Theo, Jack and Ox deals.

you slay me NQ!

Marc Overmars
18-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Clubs know we're always tempted to sell, so I don't blame them if we're their first port of call when they go shopping.

SayNoMore
18-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I still dont understand why we sold him. Why couldnt we have just said No.

GP
18-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Apparently Wenger wanted rid.

Master Splinter
18-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Alex Song's proposed move to Barcelona: "We have Wilshere coming back now, we have Diaby back, as well you know Eastmond has an exceptional quality and we have Rosicky not far away and we might bring someone in."

WUMger :bow:.

gooners
18-08-2012, 04:35 PM

we are runnning a self-sustainable model.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 04:37 PM

Yes we could have but we did not im sure there is a reason why he is going.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 04:38 PM
we are runnning a self-sustainable model.

Never knew city were doing that.

GP
18-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Not city.

Close though...

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2012, 04:40 PM
A statement on Barcelona's website states the fee is €19m, or £15m.

gooners
18-08-2012, 04:40 PM

of course they are not; but ****s always jump to conclusions.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 04:44 PM
of course they are not; but ****s always jump to conclusions.

Well man Utd then big fan eh. Oh and the only **** around his is you matey,

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Not city.

Close though...

RVC his fave player then.

gooners
18-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Well man Utd then big fan eh. Oh and the only **** around his is you matey,

nah, rooney shags grannies; gotta draw a line somewhere.

Jimmy Valmer
18-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Goodbye Alex. Had an abysmal start to his Arsenal career, but vastly improved as the seasons went by. A good player, not a great one and will be an adequate squad filler for Barca. I am fairly confident we will wrap up the Sahin transfer within the next few days.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Have to say I will miss the pothead.

I'm not sure Diaby can provide what he does, time will tell though.

fari
18-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Have to say I will miss the pothead.

I'm not sure Diaby can provide what he does, time will tell though.

i will def miss song...one of my fave players the last few years. i hope we can conjure up a replacement or two

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 05:03 PM
They've slapped a buyout clause of 80m euros on him apparently :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2012, 05:05 PM
A statement on Barcelona's website states the fee is €19m, or £15m.

FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alex Song to the Camp Nou. The fee is 19 million euros

The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million euros

On Monday he’ll have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/agreement-with-arsenal-for-song

AKBapologist
18-08-2012, 05:05 PM
They've slapped a buyout clause of 80m euros on him apparently :lol:

I wonder what Cazorla's buyout clause is... :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder what Cazorla's buyout clause is... :coffee:

£20m probably :coffee:

tpyo
18-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Shame he's off but I have a lot respect for the guy. Didn't talk to the press, kept his head down and worked hard. I wish him the best and hope we get a replacement in just in case the youth replacements don't work out.

AKBapologist
18-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Forced the move otherwise the fee wouldn't have been so low.

I just don't see an end to this shit at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Forced the move otherwise the fee wouldn't have been so low.

I just don't see an end to this shit at all.

Apprently there is a big reason why he was sold but the medial were not allowed to say till he leaves then it will all come out.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Q on arsenal.com - wengers post match comments:

Did song ask to leave?
"he expressed a desire to go to barcelona"

GP
18-08-2012, 06:36 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song is gone, good. The man has been a poison around the training ground lately. Stevie Bould nearly took his head off in Cologne.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 06:49 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song is gone, good. The man has been a poison around the training ground lately. Stevie Bould nearly took his head off in Cologne.

Something has gone on its not a case of just selling him to make a profit.

hobson's choice
18-08-2012, 06:58 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN

I swear I never take those kind of comments seriously, everyone turns to "poison" when they sold

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I swear I never take those kind of comments seriously, everyone turns to "poison" when they sold

Except, that is the reason why Song has been sold.

This guy is very reliable and has been spot on with everything he is posted so far.

fari
18-08-2012, 07:17 PM

i agree....how come we never heard that last season...did he just flip this preseason??

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 07:18 PM
i agree....how come we never heard that last season...did he just flip this preseason??

Well yes otherwise he'd have been out last season. Not all players are innocent as we may think they are.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 07:19 PM

This happend before he was sold or why he was sold. This guy seems to be spot on was about RVP going to the mancs and Santi coming to us.

fari
18-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Well yes otherwise he'd have been out last season. Not all players are innocent as we may think they are.

fair enough

Xhaka Can’t
18-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Now we haven't even got one song.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

The Wengerbabies
18-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I had read somewhere that Song has been mouthing off in training saying how much money he's worth and talking about all the clubs that he could play for of course that could also be bullshit spread from that twitter guy.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Has this **** gone yet?

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Has this **** gone yet?

Yup. Announcement tomorrow I reckon.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2012, 08:15 PM
So no then?

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2012, 08:18 PM
He'll have a medical Monday.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 08:23 PM
So no then?

No, yes he's gone.

Master Splinter
18-08-2012, 08:31 PM
No, yes he's gone.

Just remember who you're replying to.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Just remember who you're replying to.

Me? :unsure:

Joker
19-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Apparently Song is on £55,000 a week, the same as Bendtner and Denilson. Given this is the case, I'm not surprised he wanted to renegotiate his contract and get a better deal. He's been an integral part of our team for 4 years now, and was extremely productive last season. We need to start treating our first team players better, and shifting out the deadwood to make sure their wages are commensurate to their worth.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Apparently Song is on £55,000 a week, the same as Bendtner and Denilson. Given this is the case, I'm not surprised he wanted to renegotiate his contract and get a better deal. He's been an integral part of our team for 4 years now, and was extremely productive last season. We need to start treating our first team players better, and shifting out the deadwood to make sure their wages are commensurate to their worth.

List the clubs who want to pay Bendtner £50K+ a week, or Chamakh £70K+

Hard to and somebody to clean up your shit when you insist on charging a fortune for the privilege.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2012, 01:04 PM

I don't say this alot or maybe its a 1st but i agree with you joker( somebody Tm this now), but your right, this is where Wenger fails well oneof the places insteady of thinking of sqaud harmany he needs to realise better playes deserve better wages simple.

now we are struggling to get rid of the shit, good management that eh Wenger.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Song's Twitter

I can officially confirm to you that i will be moving to Spain to play for Barcelona. This has been a hard decision for me and my family...

All i can say now is that i am thankful to all the arsenal support i have received with my 6 years here. I would be nothing without you all!

Also i must thank Arsene Wenger for everything he has done for me. He noticed me and made me into who i am today, i wish him all the best.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Hard decision. :lol:

Anyway, :wave:

Newguy
19-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Song's Twitter

I think wenger has finally twigged that this notion of Arsenal FC being the club to go to if your young as we'll give you a chance to play first team football has to end. This is why we have seen a lot of older players being purchased, it's lessens the likelihood that these young players will use the oppoertunities they have soley to up their profile. Song and RvP's case is a prime example, there is minimal loyalty in this game these days, Song wishing Wenger the best after noticing him and making him into the player he is must must feel like a slap in the face...Robin talking about the "little kid" inside him screaming for Man United after the support and patience Wenger has shown him must give him a migraine LOL

V-Pig
19-08-2012, 09:36 PM
:(

My AS17 shirt is less cool now.

Time for a Chamakh one, I guess.

GP
19-08-2012, 09:37 PM
:(

My AS17 shirt is less cool now.

Time for a Chamakh one, I guess.

Chamakh :lol:

Awful hair

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 09:50 PM
rsene Wenger decided to sell Alex Song to Barcelona (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-agree-1267962) after completely losing patience with the Arsenal midfielder.The Gunners boss offloaded Song in a £15million move, with a deal already lined up for Real Madrid starlet Nuri Sahin to bolster the midfield.
But the truth behind the Cameroon star’s departure is that the club decided to sell after he continually turned up late for training, was seen as being lazy, drove the coaching staff to distraction and lacked defensive discipline.
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1172289.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Arsenal+FC+Training+Session+in+ChinaTraining grounds for concern: Arsene Wenger has not been impressed with Alex Song's performances off the pitch
Lintao Zhang
Song, whose contract was due to expire in 2015, also pushed for a new deal but the club became suspicious when they were told Barcelona were interested.
Song then told Arsenal he wanted to leave last week and the club made no attempt to stand in his way.
But the fact he wanted out forced Arsenal’s hand – and they decided to sell, even though they were under no pressure to move on a player who had the club’s leading assists record, with 11 last season.
Barcelona moved to set up the deal quickly and Arsenal are now looking to tie up Sahin on a one-year loan deal, even though he is a different style of player.
Song flew to Barcelona yesterday to undergo a medical and agree personal terms of around £70,000 a week.
Wenger even alluded to the fact that there was more to the Song deal than he wished to disclose.
The Arsenal boss had doubts midway through last season and that is why they scouted Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila.
And the last few weeks have only confirmed his decision to sell Song.
Wenger said: “There are different reasons, I don’t want to come out with that now, but it happened. Every case is individual and maybe one day I will explain everything.
“We are left with that decision and now we have to face it and deal with it in the correct way.
“Hopefully we can. Possibly we will bring in a player, if not we have plenty of midfielders.
“We make the players here. All that have left were made here or made a name here or came here very young.
“Fabregas, Clichy, Adebayor, Henry, Nasri, all of them. Song came at 17.He had a lot to do but he did it.
“I believe part of our club is to influence people’s lives in a positive way. You would prefer to influence it in a positive way for yourself but it does not always happen.” http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-dumped-alex-song-on-barcelona-1269692

sold for being an unproffesional **** then. good

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 09:54 PM
As was reported by some ITK's.

He wasn't sold to balance the books, it's because he was being a ****.

Ollie the Optimist
19-08-2012, 09:56 PM
those wenger quotes at the bottom, they say a lot. i really cant wait for the book he hopefully will write, i think those qutoes showed how much those players hurt him in fucking off, and htere is more to song being a **** then this article

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 08:24 AM
As was reported by some ITK's.

He wasn't sold to balance the books, it's because he was being a ****.

As with RVP, we wouldn't have sold him if Barca came up with a fee that didn't meet our valuation. It's a win win situation for Board and Wenger. The player is disrupted and wants to leave but we get a good fee to balance out the spending. Would we consider selling if Song was acting the idiot but Barca offered have o what they're paying now?

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 08:27 AM
As with RVP, we wouldn't have sold him if Barca came up with a fee that didn't meet our valuation. It's a win win situation for Board and Wenger. The player is disrupted and wants to leave but we get a good fee to balance out the spending. Would we consider selling if Song was acting the idiot but Barca offered have o what they're paying now?

No, I'm sure he would still be here.

Something has gone on, wenger doesn't usually comment about 'things that can't be said' when he sells someone.

IBK
20-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Big Meh from me. Song worked well with RVP last season, but little discipline and his 'Hollywood' pass obsession denied us plenty of goals. A player whose rep is greater than his talent, IMO. We can do as well if not better transfer wise.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Big Meh from me. Song worked well with RVP last season, but little discipline and his 'Hollywood' pass obsession denied us plenty of goals. A player whose rep is greater than his talent, IMO. We can do as well if not better transfer wise.

'Denied us plenty of goals'? :lol: Come on now. Credit where credit is due.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 09:01 AM
No, I'm sure he would still be here.

Something has gone on, wenger doesn't usually comment about 'things that can't be said' when he sells someone.

Yeah, I think he probably requested a move or more money.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Im pretty sure that Darren dein tried to get him more money by hawking him around and used it to get a better deal with us.

Thankfully he doesn't represent anyone else at the club now.

IBK
20-08-2012, 11:36 AM
'Denied us plenty of goals'? :lol: Come on now. Credit where credit is due.

He gets credit for.his assists. But he was never the most disciplined and he often tended to leave us exposed when trying difficult passes and IMO we can do better.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 11:38 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02314/song_getty_2314690b.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Im pretty sure that Darren dein tried to get him more money by hawking him around and used it to get a better deal with us.

Thankfully he doesn't represent anyone else at the club now.

hopefully wenger bans him from the club

LDG
20-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Another **** bites the dust...

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 11:41 AM
hopefully wenger bans him from the club

Unfortunatley Wenget can't decide for the players who represents them.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Time to move this one then I guess.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Unfortunatley Wenget can't decide for the players who represents them.

They've already suspended all contact with Darren Dein/Kees Vos during RVP contract negociations. The club are fully within their rights to do, and not do business with who ever they please.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 12:18 PM
They've already suspended all contact with Darren Dein/Kees Vos during RVP contract negociations. The club are fully within their rights to do, and not do business with who ever they please.

That's fine but can we as a club stop say for example, Vermaelen from ditching his current agent and appointing Dein if that's what he wanted. :shrug:

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 12:22 PM
article from goal.com (yes. i know!) but just shows that even they are a bit confused about his sale.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/20/3319274/barcelona-beware-why-alex-song-is-one-of-the-most-overrated?source=breakingnews

gooners
20-08-2012, 12:29 PM

I would too if denilson earned the same as me! And chamakh more than me.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 12:43 PM
That's fine but can we as a club stop say for example, Vermaelen from ditching his current agent and appointing Dein if that's what he wanted. :shrug:

We couldn't do that, but we could make it very clear that we wouldn't deal with him - so unless Vermaelen expressly wanted to move out, he'd be best getting another agent.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Can we save the Vermaelen leaving talk til the summer plskthx

He'll be captain for at least a season

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 12:56 PM
santos has confirmed it on his twitter

Another loss, we will all miss you #Song specially me as you are my client number 1.. Good luck and success my friend ;))

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 12:58 PM
He gets credit for.his assists. But he was never the most disciplined and he often tended to leave us exposed when trying difficult passes and IMO we can do better.

We can do better in every department. His passing never left us exposed and you'd rarely see him get caught in possession. If you want to see an example of that, watch Ramsey with his blind passes across field or silly back heels. Song was the least of our worries in midfield and the fact that Barca have come calling is proof of that. I still won't forget how you backed Denilson over Song. :lol: Look at the outcome.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 01:00 PM
We can do better in every department. His passing never left us exposed and you'd rarely see him get caught in possession. If you want to see an example of that, watch Ramsey with his blind passes across field or silly back heels. Song was the least of our worries in midfield and the fact that Barca have come calling is proof of that. I still won't forget how you backed Denilson over Song. :lol: Look at the outcome.

his passing never left us exposed you are right there, however his lack of awarness and forward runs did. he was a good player indeed but if that attidue thing is correct then good ridance

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Was his biggest fan but now that hes joined the ****s, hope he dies tbh

gooners
20-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Suddenly after 6yrs he developed an attitude problem? Yeah i buy that.
I can however imagine with all the shit going on at the club, he had his fill and wanted out. But thatll be an unpopular opinion.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Suddenly after 6yrs he developed an attitude problem? Yeah i buy that.
I can however imagine with all the shit going on at the club, he had his fill and wanted out. But thatll be an unpopular opinion.

according to almost all of those who have insiders in the club yes. but of course its the boards fault etc not the players

cricketsi
20-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Sad to see Song go. If he did have an attitude problem I guess it's the right call though.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 01:09 PM
his passing never left us exposed you are right there, however his lack of awarness and forward runs did. he was a good player indeed but if that attidue thing is correct then good ridance

He stopped being the holding midfield player and was becoming more a box to box player. It's justified considering the amount of assists he got last season and some the goals he scored the season before.

LDG
20-08-2012, 01:12 PM
He was always stoned anyway.

Decent player, but money isn't the reason we sold this time. More to it than that, else we would be holding out for a bigger payday.

Syn
20-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Always thought he was massively overrated, sluggish and wasteful. Been saying it for a long time. When he's playing with an average midfield and poor wide-players, we were looking to him and he did ok. But in proportion to the number of attempts, I thought he wasn't good. If Barca want a personality and a pure squad player as cover for CM or CB positions, he's value for his experience at a young age. Does Barcelona's interest act as proof that he's great? I think it shows he's good and guarantees you no atrocious performances. Proof that he's any better than that? Only to the extent that the ball-less Hleb ended up as a treble-winner.

Anyway it seems quite clear that there was a falling out of some sort, Arsenal were happy to get rid and Barca were able to pick up him no fuss. He's no loss if his replacement is a good footballer. If it's Diaby or Ramsey then obviously it's a step down.

gooners
20-08-2012, 01:13 PM
according to almost all of those who have insiders in the club yes. but of course its the boards fault etc not the players

I am referring to the CAUSE of it. But of course that is irrelevant --- players are greedy traitors.

Until it happens again TO US and the same mantra gets repeated!

The Wengerbabies
20-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Bigger loss then RVP :Merse:

LDG
20-08-2012, 01:23 PM

Fist of Lehmann
20-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Didn't he pass the ball away leading to Norwich scoring last season?

Anyway, if Saturday did anything it re-inforced the impression that Diaby is no replacement for Song.

Song is a very good, all-round, modern CM. He has vision, and an excellent range of passing. He is strong in the tackle and works fairly hard both forward and back.

Diaby on the other had, is a dribbler by nature, albeit an atypically built one. This means a couple of things, one he tends to play with his head down rather than up. Two, he likes to take 5 touches when 1 will do. For my money, unless he learns to play the ball earlier, and switch his brain on, his career is going nowhere, just like one of his dribbles.

Ramsey, is nowhere near as diligent in his defensive work as Song, nor as tough in the tackle. He also turns the ball over more than anyone in our side. He is a poor replacement also.

Rocisky, possibly. And Le Coq has potential in this role, although it's still early in his learning curve.

Not surprised we are being relinked to M'vila in addition to Sahin. I accept that he is not irreplacable, but Song is a significant loss to the Arsenal spine imo.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Always thought he was massively overrated, sluggish and wasteful. Been saying it for a long time. When he's playing with an average midfield and poor wide-players, we were looking to him and he did ok. But in proportion to the number of attempts, I thought he wasn't good. If Barca want a personality and a pure squad player as cover for CM or CB positions, he's value for his experience at a young age. Does Barcelona's interest act as proof that he's great? I think it shows he's good and guarantees you no atrocious performances. Proof that he's any better than that? Only to the extent that the ball-less Hleb ended up as a treble-winner.

Anyway it seems quite clear that there was a falling out of some sort, Arsenal were happy to get rid and Barca were able to pick up him no fuss. He's no loss if his replacement is a good footballer. If it's Diaby or Ramsey then obviously it's a step down.

He divides opinion and goes unrecognised by the media so I wouldn't say overrated. But he plays in a key position and he's not the reason why play breaks down. The risky passes he goes for (wastefulness)...we need more people to take chances when teams lock up shop instead of trying going safety passes all the time and playing the numbers game. He usually does it in the final third when nothing is happening and we're just tipping the ball about and doing nothing. On fast breaks or key opening moments he makes the right decision and usually executes. It's not like what we've seen with Ramsey or Diaby. I've hardly blasted Song for failing to play through a ball at a key moment.

When he plays it simple, he spreads the ball around with little fuss and you won't see him dwelling on the ball for ages looking unaware of his surroundings. Ramsey and Denilson would get caught all the time. Gilberto was the same. This is a key position and we have to get the right player in. When Flamini was on fire it was instantly noticeable. When he left and wasted our time with Denilson, it was very noticeable. As soon as Denilson was dropped and Song came in, you could tell we were playing with more confidence and looked a better team. Can't underestimate the importance of the midfield and Song was one of our best players in that area.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Didn't he pass the ball away leading to Norwich scoring last season?

Anyway, if Saturday did anything it re-inforced the impression that Diaby is no replacement for Song.

Song is a very good, all-round, modern CM. He has vision, and an excellent range of passing. He is strong in the tackle and works fairly hard both forward and back.

Diaby on the other had, is a dribbler by nature, albeit an atypically built one. This means a couple of things, one he tends to play with his head down rather than up. Two, he likes to take 5 touches when 1 will do. For my money, unless he learns to play the ball earlier, and switch his brain on, his career is going nowhere, just like one of his dribbles.

Ramsey, is nowhere near as diligent in his defensive work as Song, nor as tough in the tackle. He also turns the ball over more than anyone in our side. He is a poor replacement also.

Rocisky, possibly. And Le Coq has potential in this role, although it's still early in his learning curve.

Not surprised we are being relinked to M'vila in addition to Sahin. I accept that he is not irreplacable, but Song is a significant loss to the Arsenal spine imo.

Yeah nobody is perfect. :lol:

But I agree with your post and you've broken it down nicely.

Syn
20-08-2012, 01:46 PM
He divides opinion and goes unrecognised by the media so I wouldn't say overrated. But he plays in a key position and he's not the reason why play breaks down. The risky passes he goes for (wastefulness)...we need more people to take chances when teams lock up shop instead of trying going safety passes all the time and playing the numbers game. He usually does it in the final third when nothing is happening and we're just tipping the ball about and doing nothing. On fast breaks or key opening moments he makes the right decision and usually executes. It's not like what we've seen with Ramsey or Diaby. I've hardly blasted Song for failing to play through a ball at a key moment.

When he plays it simple, he spreads the ball around with little fuss and you won't see him dwelling on the ball for ages looking unaware of his surroundings. Ramsey and Denilson would get caught all the time. Gilberto was the same. This is a key position and we have to get the right player in. When Flamini was on fire it was instantly noticeable. When he left and wasted our time with Denilson, it was very noticeable. As soon as Denilson was dropped and Song came in, you could tell we were playing with more confidence and looked a better team. Can't underestimate the importance of the midfield and Song was one of our best players in that area.

Well that's what I mean. Last season we were missing all our creative players of the previous season: Wilshere, Nasri and Fabregas. So we were instantly short on a bit of invention in the front 6 and Song did a reasonable job. If we're going to compare him with Ramsey, Denilson or Diaby, of course he's going to come out very favourably. But that's not the benchmark we should be looking at right now if we want to progress. I wouldn't even class Song as particularly a weak link but he's one of the players that has a limit and he's not capable of being more than a 7/10 performer.

If we want to progress we need more genuine quality on the ball - the type of quality that only the naturally gifted have. And you know when you see one. For me, Song isn't it. I accept he could still do a job in the same way Arteta is (I don't consider Arteta to be one of those naturally gifted footballers) but I don't think a back-seat role is something that Song would be willing to take on. That is, of course, exactly what he'll get at Barca but maybe the attraction of the prestige (and just fancying a change) was too much to turn down.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't say he's a 7/10 performer. He's had MOTM performances and he's still young. He's only 24 and has shown that he can get better. We can do better, but it comes with a price tag and doubt we're willing to pay it. Not sure what you mean by naturally gifted because for me, Song is that player. He's not clumsy on the ball, has great awareness, strong, can pass, quick feet....quick enough to turn his man and to play one touch football...there aren't many players of his build that can play such a role.

Syn
20-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Not sure what you mean by naturally gifted because for me, Song is that player. He's not clumsy on the ball, has great awareness, strong, can pass, quick feet....quick enough to turn his man and to play one touch football...there aren't many players of his build that can play such a role.

Strongly disagree. But other than trading a couple of examples, I don't think there's much else to be said.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbazhvwBe4

I mean come on....look at the touches, passing and the last dribble.

Nothing left to said, might as well show you. :lol:

How can you say that he's not naturally gifted? Crazy talk.

Master Splinter
20-08-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/609843.jpg

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/641034666.jpg?key=640360&Expires=1345472630&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=dfVKlru71yRAx7USRHgtHfVoKAHwipkpikNA1Aqw kfW9H1MTsRSTJeZYErdjKbcVtJJOit7xM2O1WOCji9ujZZx4Rx 6hoTXdhCJapT8kBnX7y8Mpx209Lys7HSdQRu474S-H4sI0tZDh1WWSzChbidvhHrLg2pWoHVXap~NGABo_

http://img.skysports.com/09/08/218x298/Arsene-Wenger-water-bottle-Manchester-United-_2354032.jpg

Syn
20-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Nothing left to said, might as well show you. :lol:

How can you say that he's not naturally gifted? Crazy talk.

Nah, it's stupid to be blinded by Lee Trundle-esque qualities. As I said, nobody's going to convince either that there's a right answer here. You can create Youtube compilations to make anyone look great.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 02:15 PM
If you are a member of an Alexandre Song fan club, you should click out of this article right now as the next 700 words will not be pleasant reading. If you are an Arsenal supporter, please do stay because this feature may just cheer you up following a frustrating past seven days.

The above paragraph will probably sound like a paradox because over the last few years, Song has developed into a real fan favourite at the Emirates. So much so that in 2011-12 he finished second behind Robin van Persie in Arsenal's Player of the Season award, as voted for by the club's fans.

Arsenal.com's congratulations to Song exalted: "Over the years, Alex has been an essential anchor at the base of Arsenal’s midfield, providing defensive cover for a free-flowing side committed to attack."

While official websites are naturally positive towards their own staff, never could an analysis be so wide of the mark. The hard truth is that Alex Song is incapable of anchoring the midfield and incapable of providing defensive cover. In the last four campaigns, Arsenal have conceded a whopping 170 league goals. In every one of these seasons (except 2009-10 when Tottenham shipped the same amount), Arsenal have let in more strikes than every other team in the Premier League top four.

The main reason for this is not a shaky back five or Arsene Wenger's tactical naivety – even if both are very significant factors – it is because Song cannot protect his defence.

In modern football where you can count on one hand the number of genuinely world-class stoppers, controlling and managing the midfield is the best form of defence. This is why teams with feeble backlines have still been relatively successful. An example is Netherlands' journey to the 2010 World Cup final, where Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong expertly shielded a modest quartet of Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen and Van Bronckhorst.
Mark of a great | Song is unable to protect his defence like Van Bommel used to

Song is too undisciplined to be an anchorman. When his team-mates are in possession, he can't resist the urge to join in offensively – thus vacating his post and leaving his side open to punishing counterattacks. When the opposition has the ball, Song's spatial awareness, positioning and reading of the game are poor. These are skills that cannot be taught, you either have them or you don't. And Song's sluggish speed and acceleration prevent him from recovering situations that he fails to foresee.

There are too many games to recount where Arsenal have been fatally exploited due to gaping holes in Song's territory. The most high-profile recent example is February's 4-0 Champions League pummelling in Italy at the hands of AC Milan.

Supporters cite Song's 14 assists last season as evidence of his quality, but the midfielder's job at Arsenal was to prevent goals, not create them. Rogerio Ceni has scored more than 100 times for Sao Paulo, but that doesn't make him a great goalkeeper.

Barcelona's signing of Song is certainly a peculiar one. A much over-looked aspect of the Blaugrana philosophy is their ferocious pressing tactics. Not only is Song slow and cumbersome in closing down opponents, he is often accused of being lazy too. This will not be tolerated in Catalunya if he is to be a success.

The 24-year-old does not move the ball on quickly and seems ill-suited to the Blaugrana's fast one-touch, tiki-taka, pass-and-move game. While Song is certainly a better passer than Javier Mascherano, there are concerns that just like the Argentine he may struggle executing the short and sharp triangles with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi and Co.

Song seems ill-suited to the Blaugrana's fast one-touch, tiki-taka, pass-and-move game. He may struggle executing short and sharp triangles

Mascherano was subsequently shifted into defence in an attempt to cover for the persistent injuries to captain Carles Puyol – and he has not looked back since. There is every possibility Song could also be used at the back, but this would be far from advisable in a big game against a Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Manchester City. In his past outings in defence, Song has looked awkward and insecure.

Song will start his Barcelona career as a squad player, and will certainly deepen a rather thin senior roster. But €19 million (£15m) is a lot of money to spend on a benchwarmer, and Tito Vilanova – who personally requested the midfielder – is leaving himself open to criticism.

While Vilanova's predecessor Pep Guardiola made a few bad signings himself – Dmytro Chygrynskiy at €25m (£19.6m) the most infamous - it is hard to imagine Guardiola ever sanctioning a move for such an overrated and ill-suited player as Song. Not for the first time in a transfer dealing between Arsenal and Barcelona, it is the English side who will get the better side of the bargain.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/20/3319274/barcelona-beware-why-alex-song-is-one-of-the-most-overrated

Cant disagree with any of that. As a DM which was his main job, he was a bit shit but offensively he offered more than Arteta, Wilshere etc

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Strongly disagree. But other than trading a couple of examples, I don't think there's much else to be said.

His gangly appearance and style doesn't give off the impression he has much natural ability, but either way I do think we've lost quite an effective player.

How much his loss is felt remains to be seen though, either someone else will need to step up or Wenget will buy in a strong replacement.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 02:20 PM
We need to replace his creativity tbh

Doubt Mvila can do what Song did offensively although he might be better defensively but against cloggers like Sunderland, Stoke, etc who will park the bus, needing a DM isnt essential.

Cant see anyone else within the squad who can create as much as Song.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 02:30 PM
His gangly appearance and style doesn't give off the impression he has much natural ability, but either way I do think we've lost quite an effective player.

How much his loss is felt remains to be seen though, either someone else will need to step up or Wenget will buy in a strong replacement.

Appearance is everything and if he was European and not African, if he wasn't such a big lad and strong on the ball, the assumption wouldn't be there. People assume his role is to defend.

We've seen players that look vulnerable on the ball in the middle of the park and those that look real comfortable and you never have to worry about them doing something reckless or what they'll do when under pressure. Cesc and Wilshere get plaudits for having it in there locker, but it goes unnoticed with Song but it's obvious he has it in his game because he rarely gets caught out like that.

LDG
20-08-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/609843.jpg

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/641034666.jpg?key=640360&Expires=1345472630&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=dfVKlru71yRAx7USRHgtHfVoKAHwipkpikNA1Aqw kfW9H1MTsRSTJeZYErdjKbcVtJJOit7xM2O1WOCji9ujZZx4Rx 6hoTXdhCJapT8kBnX7y8Mpx209Lys7HSdQRu474S-H4sI0tZDh1WWSzChbidvhHrLg2pWoHVXap~NGABo_

http://img.skysports.com/09/08/218x298/Arsene-Wenger-water-bottle-Manchester-United-_2354032.jpg

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Arsenal did not sell Alex Song to Barcelona because of his unprofessional attitude, midfielder's agent insists
Alex Song’s representatives have reacted angrily to claims the former Arsenal midfielder has been dumped by Arsène Wenger over his supposedly unprofessional attitude.

Having undergone a medical on Monday, the Cameroon international will soon be unveiled as a £15 million signing at Barcelona.

Song’s departure has been accompanied by reports he was repeatedly late for training, was lazy and lacked discipline.

However this has provoked an angry reaction from those in the Song camp, who hotly denied the suggestions. “Alex Song was massively committed to Arsenal, he loved the club and was dying to sign a new contract,” Song's representative told Telegraph Sport.

“We tried six times to renegotiate his contract. They kept saying it has three years to run.

"They’d say things like ‘we’ll sit down in September, October,’ when at first they’d said it would happen in the summer.

“Then Barcelona came in and yet Alex still said he wanted a new contract. When they said we’d all sit down on 1 September that was the final straw.

“That shows disrespect to the player. Barcelona is a once-in-a-lifetime thing; you have to jump on that train when it comes.”

The reports about Song’s attitude were unusual. He is only the latest to tread the path from north London to Catalonia following Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petit, Alex Hleb and Cesc Fábregas last season, yet none other has been accompanied by negative articles.

Not even Samir Nasri, a pariah among Arsenal fans following his turbulent transfer to Manchester City last summer, was subjected to disparagement through the press about his attitude.

This led the Song camp to allege the Arsenal hierarchy had deliberately conducted the briefing to deflect attention from what was an unexpected departure.

“They’re covering themselves because they’re being killed by the fans,” claimed the source. “I know it’s [a senior Arsenal executive] covering his a***.”

But Song at least has the succour of an improved pay packet. He has reportedly signed a £70,000-a-week deal at the Camp Nou, which is an improvement on what the source claimed were his terms at the Emirates Stadium.

“He was one of the worst paid at the club,” said the source. “He was on about £55,000 a week and his performances deserved a pay rise. He became dissatisfied and upset. You can work out what’s going on there — the same’s happened with Robin van Persie and Samir Nasri.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude-midfielders-agent-insists.html

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude-midfielders-agent-insists.html

so i was right to question why after 7yrs song had supposedly suddenly developed a bad attitude then?
Chamakh earning more than him? :hahaha:

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:09 PM
At least we don't lose him to the Acon.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Song has developed into a real fan favourite at the Emirates. So much so that in 2011-12 he finished second behind Robin van Persie in Arsenal's Player of the Season award, as voted for by the club's fans.

Time to get voting for Chamakh and Ramsey.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 03:18 PM
so i was right to question why after 7yrs song had supposedly developed a bad attitude then?

Yeah, you were right to question it because it's never that straight forward as seen with the RVP case. It's all PR and it gets the fans on the back of the players instead of the club. They're protecting themselves because the backlash last season was severe.

Unai Tea
20-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I suppose it's possible he developed a 'bad attitude' when it was clear he wasn't getting improved contract terms? Or is that inconceivable?

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 03:24 PM
It's possible but it didn't look like we wanted to keep him either way.

Kyle?
20-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Time to get voting for Chamakh and Ramsey.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I suppose it's possible he developed a 'bad attitude' when it was clear he wasn't getting improved contract terms? Or is that inconceivable?

its also possible the agent is chatting shite so that his player doesnt take the blame

Kyle?
20-08-2012, 03:33 PM
its also possible the agent is chatting shite so that his player doesnt take the blame

His agent is Darren Dein, he's obviously full of shite.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Song did say to the press that he was happy at Arsenal though. Who knows.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 03:34 PM
well there you go then. its never the players fault according to their agents.

Unai Tea
20-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Well, it's hard to know exactly what goes on. I don't believe the agent much. I also find it hard to believe that Song has been a problem player for years. It does make sense though that he was never perhaps perfect in his professionalism but close enough to where he needed to be. This may have changed as he wanted improved terms and his reaction to not getting what he wanted was to be unprofessional, etc.

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Of course. But it is a lot easier to call the players and agents ****s rather than look at a trend that keeps recurring at afc. Aw & phw know this works very well with the fans

I_Killed_Kenny
20-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Or maybe he stepped on Wengers shoes and now the new arse kicking wenger was not best pleased and told him to shine that shit or fuck off!

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I would like to know why the club should have to renegotiate his contract with when it's still got 3 years left to run.
2 years yes fair enough but not 3. All clubs need to have a certain amount of control over their players or they would forever be trying to renegotiate to get more money.

I do agree that Song should be paid at least on a par with chakma though.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Song has previous with his national side, probably not a huge leap to think he may have been a little bit of a **** with us.

I think he was just sold because Wenget wants to reshape the team and he viewed Song as expendable.

GP
20-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Or maybe he stepped on Wengers shoes and now the new arse kicking wenger was not best pleased and told him to shine that shit or fuck off!

Wenger told him to go and get his fuckin shinebox.

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I would like to know why the club should have to renegotiate his contract with when it's still got 3 years left to run.
2 years yes fair enough but not 3. All clubs need to have a certain amount of control over their players or they would forever be trying to renegotiate to get more money.

if his role changed then i am sure he has every right to ask for a new contract pr improved terms. It is standard practice!

But then again its afc we are talking about. The cheap way is the best way.

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:45 PM

He should have renegotiated it when he signed his last deal then.

How can his agent claim "poor player" if he negotiated a shit deal for him in the first place?

GP
20-08-2012, 03:50 PM
That's the thing though, isn't it?

People complain that we pay our young players too much, and their contracts are too long, well this is a prime example.

I bet he fuckin loved that contract when everyone thought he was shit.

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:50 PM
He should have renegotiated it when he signed his last deal then.

How can his agent claim "poor player" if he negotiated a shit deal for him in the first place?

Errm standard practice anywhere is that when your role change, the terms of your contract br reviewed.

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/song-completes-transfer-to-barcelona

Official.

Thread >>>>>

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Never liked the ****

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:53 PM
That's the thing though, isn't it?

People complain that we pay our young players too much, and their contracts are too long, well this is a prime example.

I bet he fuckin loved that contract when everyone thought he was shit.

Well yes.

OMFG, how can *insert player not leaving arsenal here* be on that much money.

OMFG, Song is leaving. Why didn't we pay him more!

OMFG, I have no earthly idea how a business works, and I think we should go to the supermarket and buy Messi. Now!!!

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 03:54 PM
http://media2.fcbarcelona.com/media/asset_publics/resources/000/026/057/size_640x360/song02.v1345476425.JPG

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 03:54 PM
:wave:

Off to Other Football you go.

LDG
20-08-2012, 03:55 PM
http://media2.fcbarcelona.com/media/asset_publics/resources/000/026/057/size_640x360/song02.v1345476425.JPG

They can't even afford picture hooks. How will they be able to afford Song's wage demands :o

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2012, 03:56 PM
well there you go then. its never the players fault according to their agents.

You'd be pretty broke if you were an agent that suggested otherwise.

gooners
20-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Well yes.

OMFG, I have no earthly idea how a business works, and I think we should go to the supermarket and buy Messi. Now!!!

Omfg, i have no clue about contracts. So if my role changes in my current job i should be happy with my origunal contract and not bother asking for a raise. Footballers get paid too much so why should basic terms of employment not apply to them.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Errm standard practice anywhere is that when your role change, the terms of your contract br reviewed.

But his role hasn't changed since he signed his last contract.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2012, 04:02 PM
They can't even afford picture hooks. How will they be able to afford Song's wage demands :o

Don't be stupid.

They are sitting at the hovertable.

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Well yes.

People complain that we pay our bench warmers too much which means we can't pay key players more. That's the silly part. Also, Song's replacement will probably cost us around £15m plus £60k - £75k in wages. That's if we're going for someone experienced. Whoever we get has to be a lot better than Song if we're going to pay a huge fee and wages. It makes no sense to bring in a lesser payer yet pay him more than what Song was asking for.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 04:05 PM
so i was right to question why after 7yrs song had supposedly suddenly developed a bad attitude then?

if you want to blame anyone blame his agent for getting his client a fucking shit contract dont blame the fucking club ffs. song never moaned about it when he was unproven did he? his agent got him a shit deal then blames us?

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 04:06 PM
People complain that we pay our bench warmers too much which means we can't pay key players more. That's the silly part. Also, Song's replacement will probably cost us around £15m plus £60k - £75k in wages. That's if we're going for someone experienced. Whoever we get has to be a lot better than Song if we're going to pay a huge fee and wages. It makes no sense to bring in a lesser payer yet pay him more than what Song was asking for.
Which would indicate that there was more truth in what the club said about him than what his agent/camp etc are saying.

gooners
20-08-2012, 04:09 PM
But his role hasn't changed since he signed his last contract.

How do you know?

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 04:09 PM
'Massively committed to Arsenal' so kept trying to re-negotiate. Had 3 yrs left, you've just admitted he was committed to getting more money
from @sianymacalarny on twitter. spot on

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 04:10 PM
How do you know?

because his job is to play football, how can that role change?

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2012, 04:11 PM

There is also the possibility Wengwe wanted him replaced.

gooners
20-08-2012, 04:12 PM
because his job is to play football, how can that role change?

Oh dear.

You do realise there squad roles,first team roles and key member roles in the team?

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 04:13 PM
There is also the possibility that we sold him cos players are bought and sold in football all the time and not every transfer needs to inspected to the smallest detail

gooners
20-08-2012, 04:13 PM
There is also the possibility Wengwe wanted him replaced.

Yes. For asking for improved terms

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 04:16 PM
How do you know?

Wait.....what?

Xhaka Can’t
Yes. For asking for improved terms

Your face needs improved terms.

KSE Comedy Club
Oh dear.

You do realise there squad roles,first team roles and key member roles in the team?And songs hasn't changed for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 04:18 PM
There is also the possibility that we sold him cos players are bought and sold in football all the time and not every transfer needs to inspected to the smallest detail:gp:

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Which would indicate that there was more truth in what the club said about him than what his agent/camp etc are saying.

That's not the point I'm making. Plus being upset about contract talks doesn't necessarily mean you start to act unprofessionally. I'm not really fussed by what either camp says because they both have agendas and will miss out key parts of information. They both can be talking shit.

But the point is, our wage policy is stupid and causes strife. We're trying to shift on players like Denilson and Chamakh because they offer nothing yet take home very good wages but at the same time we have players that contribute a lot and it's not reflected in their pay. It causes unrest and leaves us vulnerable to big clubs. It's unbalanced and we'll always find ourselves in this position if we continue on like this. The club knows that wages play an important part which is why they're quick to give pay rises to young players that look promising but they're neglecting the talent right in front of them.

Also, it makes no sense to let a player like Song go, someone we've developed from young, to deny him the wage increase, then to go out and splash £15m on a player like M'Villa and give him £60k - £75k a week. Just give Song the pay rise. It's highly unlikely that we'll be able to get anyone as good as him to accept anything less than £60k a week.

LDG
20-08-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure too many Arsenal fans give a fuck about Song leaving anyway. Apart from possibly the most miserable ones.

gooners
20-08-2012, 04:21 PM
And songs hasn't changed for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

He begs to differ. He's got an improved one at barca anyway. Moot

LDG
20-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Now rumoured that Song had threatened to refuse to play :lol:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Just like Cesc then

gooners
20-08-2012, 04:25 PM

I admit it does. It does indeed. Well spotted

Power n Glory
20-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Just like Cesc then

Just like RVP refused to train.....speculation, speculation

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Just like RVP refused to train.....speculation, speculation

RVP didnt go to Asia. He wasnt injured, hes not a new player so didnt need to stay in England to acclimatize and he was our captain and star player so we sure as hell didnt tell him to stay behind.

Common sense really

As for Cesc, we had injury problems galore at the start of last season, so much so that even Nasri played for us v Liverpool and he was our best player as well but Cesc invented an "injury" so he couldnt play, signs for Barca a couple of days later and plays for them a couple of days after that

Again, common sense would suggest he refused to play

GP
20-08-2012, 04:51 PM

Worst WUM ever.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh dear.

You do realise there squad roles,first team roles and key member roles in the team?

blame his agent then for not getting in a clause that allowed an increase. why blame the club when the player and agent accepted a 5 year contract?

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 05:02 PM
also instead of blaming the board, could you please explain to me what the problem was for song and agent to have to wait till september to reneogatiate a new deal?

i know the answer, he tried to blackmail the club into more money, using the transfer window as blackmail but the club just told him to fuck off. he knew in spetember he would ahve to stay

gooners
20-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Worst WUM ever.

Still havn't recovered your dummy to stick back in your mouth?

Dennis Bendtner
20-08-2012, 05:05 PM
£15m? Why? This transfer is strange. Has he done that ball-juggling hala Madrid shit at the Camp Nou yet? Bit of a step up for the stoned kid nutmegged by Bergkamp.

GP
20-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Still havn't recovered your dummy to stick back in your mouth?

after 9 years?

Uhuh?

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 05:19 PM
gooners is MW.

GP
20-08-2012, 05:21 PM
gooners is MW.

Oh

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 05:32 PM
gooners is MW.

deep joy.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 05:47 PM
If it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity as his rep suggests, what difference would a new contract have made?

V-Pig
20-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh dear.

Football manager :bow:

V-Pig
20-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm genuinely sad to see Song foxtrot oscar. But he's dead to me now. He's not even in the same league as our current players (so to speak). So bye. I'll keep the shirt because it'll remind me of a happy time when he was that cool stoner marauding in front of the back four.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2012, 09:26 PM
gooners is MW.

Whos MW ? thanks in advance.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Whos MW ? thanks in advance.

Gooners

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Gooners

Well duh but who was MW.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Well duh but who was MW.

I dont actually think gooners is MW nor do i care if he was. Dont have a problem with gooners. Dont agree with everything he says but its his opinion and i respect it.

As for MW, he was known as SJT and also CMR on the old board

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Now rumoured that Song had threatened to refuse to play :lol:

That's what myles palmer said last Monday on anr.

He also said that song was going and rvp was off to man u.

Myles knows :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 11:14 PM
If it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity as his rep suggests, what difference would a new contract have made?

Agreed, I was gonna post something similar.

I can understand the lure of playing for a club like barca for any player though tbf.

Even if they are ****s.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Well spotted

Like your face.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2012, 07:21 AM

Hey!

Stop thinking things through! :angry:

Ollie the Optimist
21-08-2012, 10:39 AM
this is a quote frmm song at his press conference
"Last week, I was holding renewal(talks with Arsenal, but when Barça showed interest, I didn't doubt. You only gEt this chance once.

so he wasn4 comitted at all to us and wanted out txe first chance. plus his agent now looks like a **** in claimink that we wouldnt have tclks beccuse we obviousl

Joker
21-08-2012, 10:59 AM
this is a quote from song at his press conference

so he wasnt comitted at all to us and wanted out the first chance. plus his agent now looks like a **** in claiming that we wouldnt have talks because we obviously were. so my theory that we called his bluff was wrong but my theory that he was a disloyal **** is correct

Where did you get that quote from?

Ollie the Optimist
21-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Where did you get that quote from?

from the twitter account @barcastuff which is live tweeting his press conference, or was

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Like your face.

What Gooners has a spotty face?

LDG
21-08-2012, 11:33 AM
What Gooners has a spotty face?

Maybe.

He may also look like Anderson / Oprah.

Dennis Bendtner
21-08-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmWsMGNwTVY

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe.

You mean Andesron.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Maybe.

He may look like Jenkinson/Sharon Osbourne.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Song calls Barca the best team in the world :lol:

Think hes still high

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Song calls Barca the best team in the world :lol:

Think hes still high

What did he say about Real then.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:28 PM
What did he say about Real then.

Nothing...he didnt join them

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Nothing...he didnt join them

I know Joined the "best club in the world"

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:30 PM

What? :blink:

GP
21-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 02:36 PM
What? :blink:

Song said they were the best club in the world did he not.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Song said they were the best club in the world did he not.

Barcelona? Yes, that is what i posted and then you for some reason mention ask what he said about Real and thats around the time i died with confusion

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Barcelona? Yes, that is what i posted and then you for some reason mention ask what he said about Real and thats around the time i died with confusion

Well Since they are rivals i thught he might have got a dig inabout real.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 09:57 AM
"I was just about to renew my contract (with Arsenal) when I found out I could go to Barça. I didn't have to think about it. I have two sons that are big fans of Lionel Messi and they are very excited."

So again, not really Arsenal's fault.

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/i-respect-madrid-but-for/20120821dasdenspo_3/Ten

LDG
22-08-2012, 10:01 AM
We get 5mil up front. Followed by two further installments of 5mil over the next two years.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that's what Barca do. Wouldn't surprise me if they owed us money for other players.

GP
22-08-2012, 10:25 AM
We get 5mil up front. Followed by two further installments of 5mil over the next two years.

Most clubs will pay in that way.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 10:27 AM

I remember him.

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Glad we wont have to hear "We've only got one Song" being sung anymore. Always thought that was shit.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Pretty much all of our football songs are a bit shit

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Most transfer payments aresettled that way.

LDG
22-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Pretty much all of our football songs are a bit shit

Podolski upfront
Podolski upfrooooonnnnnt
We've got Podolski
Van Persie's a ****

I quite like that at the weekend.

LDG
22-08-2012, 12:49 PM
http://sulia.com/source/S-46013441/?source=twitter&guid=829521b7-b6ef-44b3-b589-41f2ef0aec73

Ollie the Optimist
22-08-2012, 12:53 PM
http://sulia.com/source/S-46013441/?source=twitter&guid=829521b7-b6ef-44b3-b589-41f2ef0aec73

good that we can put this bullshit that we only sold song to balance the books to bed. we sold him because he was a ****.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Sounds about right to me

Bould :bow:

Has impressed especially the way he put out the cones during the warm up on saturday :bow:

Also Darren Dein literally is the son of the devil

LDG
22-08-2012, 12:55 PM
EDIT: @Ollie

Dude, that's still that bloke from twitter.

I happen to think it's about the size of it, but it isn't definitive. We'll never know.

Ollie the Optimist
22-08-2012, 12:57 PM

I happen to think it's about the size of it, but it isn't definitive. We'll never know.

yeah true it is the bloke from twitter however, other media outlets have reported similar stories to it, add in wengers comments which are unusual when selling a player and i think thats correct

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 01:37 PM
EDIT: @Ollie

Surely Arsenal are going to try and shut this guy up? He's got his full name and a photo of himself on twitter and he's selling training gear and signed shirts on ebay. I doubt Arsenal want the world and his wife knowing their business before they've announced it.