PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Song!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

LDG
22-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Surely Arsenal are going to try and shut this guy up? He's got his full name and a photo of himself on twitter and he's selling training gear and signed shirts on ebay. I doubt Arsenal want the world and his wife knowing their business before they've announced it.

:shrug:

Maybe they want someone like him as a media presence? They can distance themselves from it, and have some "insider" "leaking" all the "fachts".

Though, I doubt the people at Arsenal follow twitter all that much. Just look at what Wilshere, Frimpong and Ches got away with.

Ollie the Optimist
22-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Surely Arsenal are going to try and shut this guy up? He's got his full name and a photo of himself on twitter and he's selling training gear and signed shirts on ebay. I doubt Arsenal want the world and his wife knowing their business before they've announced it.

think they would have more issue with the selling of the shirts etc then leaking of the transfers. santos and frimpong boht said song was gone on twitter before clubs had etc

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of not wanting people to know that Bould almost had song round the throat.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I'd want everyone to know Bould will go postal on you if you mess with the club.

V-Pig
22-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Too fucking right. Mr Rice probably indulged him and tickled his belly when he was rude and obnoxious. Mr Bould contemplated murder.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2012, 05:29 PM

there's nothing they can do. he's a 20 year old university student who has a very good contact at arsenal, most probably more than 1. im guessing he knows a youth player or coach and someone in the admin department who oversees transfers because some of the stuff he reveals are well in advance of the media catching a sniff.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Too fucking right. Mr Rice probably indulged him and tickled his belly when he was rude and obnoxious. Mr Bould contemplated murder.

He'd use those cones as a shuriken.

IBK
23-08-2012, 03:05 PM
We can do better in every department. His passing never left us exposed and you'd rarely see him get caught in possession. If you want to see an example of that, watch Ramsey with his blind passes across field or silly back heels. Song was the least of our worries in midfield and the fact that Barca have come calling is proof of that. I still won't forget how you backed Denilson over Song. :lol: Look at the outcome.

Nothing you have said has shown my post to be wrong. I'm not Ramsey's fan either, and IMO he is out of his depth at Arsenal. Song wasn't in the end, but neither was he anything super special. Like I say, Song linked well with RVP and gave us goals last season, but in doing so he left us plenty exposed, which considering his day job, did as much harm as he did good going forwards. If what we are hearing about attitude/indecision is correct - and the cap seems to fit - then we are better off shot of him.

As for Denilson. Don't see what he has got to do with it. If you are having a go at my judgment - fire away - I don't profess to be a footballing genius. What I do know is that both Denilson and Song were nobodies, both improved under Wemger and at one time Denilson seemed the better prospect. That hindsight suggests otherwise shows nothing other that on there is no al predicting how development players turn out. Plenty have left Arsenal and done a Denilson elsewhere. Let's see how Song's career progresses now - because one thing's for sure - Mourinho won't have Arsene's patience, and he's going to have to up his game big stylee to make it at Barca.

LDG
23-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I thought Denilson would develop into a #decent player too, tbf. Lots of people did. He had all the attributes, but, unfortunately, none of the application.

He was lazy, and didn't put the required effort in to develop as a player, or in helping his team out on match day.

He was, however, playing exactly the same role as Arteta does now. So many people still overlook the importance of the guy who ticks everything over. Because they pass sideways, or backwards or anywhere but fuckin Hollywood. It's simple, but very important. Ome of the reasons so many people love what Arteta has done for us.

V-Pig
23-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Also, Ramsey is fucking awesome.

Marc Overmars
23-08-2012, 10:12 PM
lol wut?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 10:15 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of not wanting people to know that Bould almost had song round the throat.

Hardly it was in the Daily mail anyways.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I thought Denilson would develop into a #decent player too, tbf. Lots of people did. He had all the attributes, but, unfortunately, none of the application.

He was lazy, and didn't put the required effort in to develop as a player, or in helping his team out on match day.

He was, however, playing exactly the same role as Arteta does now. So many people still overlook the importance of the guy who ticks everything over. Because they pass sideways, or backwards or anywhere but fuckin Hollywood. It's simple, but very important. Ome of the reasons so many people love what Arteta has done for us.

This, had he been more motivated he would have been so much better. Song on the other hand imo left us exposed to many times and seem dumb not to know how to do a cyncial foul, he let his man go past him when near our goal. not all the time though.