PDA

View Full Version : Is there any other team in the champions league that has to sell before they can buy??

saintnickle
17-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I have been following the Van Persie saga with interest for the last few weeks .At first i thought Arsenal had learned the lessons from previous seasons,listened to Van Persies concerns and had started to become more adventurous in the transfer market.People on here thought Arsene had changed his aproach to spending and with the arrivals of Podolski,Giroud and Carzola things certainly started too look up.If only Van persie would change his mind and decide to stay there might be a chance of a trophy for the first time in 8 baron years.
The reality was that Arsene had already spent the Van Persie money and even if he apologised and tried decided to sign a new contract he would have to be sold to the highest bidder no matter what, because Arsenal are a club that has to sell first before they can buy.The same reason why we are waiting to see if song is sold before his replacement can be bought (or preferably loaned).So no lessons have been learned from the previous seasons and the league will be out of reach again.
So my question Is there any other team in the champions league similar to arsenal or one that makes a profit every year????

LDG
17-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes. Most of them.

And as far as other teams in the comp. There are only five to seven teams better than us. And most of them have infinite wealth.

I'm quite happy cheers.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Quite a few of them this season, Milan for one, Citeh for another. Sure there are others. The difference is (like you mention) we've been doing it for quite a while though.

I think we've probably spent more than most teams, sure we've got money back in but we could've just sat completely on it.

saintnickle
17-08-2012, 09:47 AM
You are quite happy having the biggest gate reciepts in world football and having to sell all of our best players year on year before you can bring players in??
You are happy selling our best player and captain to our rivals and making them stronger??
You are happy to be lied to constantly by a manager who has a wage cap for everone apart from himself??
You are happy not to of won a trophy in 8 years??
You are happy to have a man who wants to put money into the club so the best players dont have to be sold ,only to be told we dont want your money???
You must be easily pleased.

LDG
17-08-2012, 09:56 AM
You are quite happy having the biggest gate reciepts in world football and having to sell all of our best players year on year before you can bring players in??
You are happy selling our best player and captain to our rivals and making them stronger??
You are happy to be lied to constantly by a manager who has a wage cap for everone apart from himself??
You are happy to have a man who wants to put money into the club so the best players dont have to be sold ,only to be told we dont want your money???

Yes. You should see my missus : dog :

Look man. I'm fucked off with football in general. But I'm reasonably pleased that we do still have some principles, and I honestly believe that Wenger has those good morals. He may be niave at times, but at the heart of our club, is a decent man. Who wants to win fairly, and by the books.

I honestly believe that, and yes, I'm proud of it.

The board? Well they're ****s. Blood sucking ****s. The same type of **** that is at every club in the land. The difference between us, and the filthy rich oil clubs? Well, it's just that the players at those clubs are the ones cashing in, whereas it's our board who are making the money.

It's all fucked dude. Football as we knew it is gone.

The choice is yours. Support the club, or don't.

I choose to support the club, as I believe that while Wenger is there, there is some good. And I have to believe that we will come out on top in the end, doing it the right way.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 09:58 AM

Im sure the leeds and rangers and Pompey fans must be well jealous of us and would hate to be where we are because we sold a few players.

Poor poor Arsenal.

Letters
17-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Look man. I'm fucked off with football in general. But I'm reasonably pleased that we do still have some principles, and I honestly believe that Wenger has those good morals. He may be niave at times, but at the heart of our club, is a decent man. Who wants to win fairly, and by the books.

I honestly believe that, and yes, I'm proud of it.

The board? Well they're ****s. Blood sucking ****s. The same type of **** that is at every club in the land. The difference between us, and the filthy rich oil clubs? Well, it's just that the players at those clubs are the ones cashing in, whereas it's our board who are making the money.

It's all fucked dude. Football as we knew it is gone.

The choice is yours. Support the club, or don't.

I choose to support the club, as I believe that while Wenger is there, there is some good. And I have to believe that we will come out on top in the end, doing it the right way.
:gp:

Letters
17-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Im sure the leeds and rangers and Pompey fans must be well jealous of us and would hate to be where we are because we sold a few players.

Poor poor Arsenal.
Charlie! :hug:

Joker
17-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Poor poor Arsenal.

I don't get this comparison that people make with Portsmouth and Rangers. We are not like those clubs at all, and asking the club to not obsess with making a profit in every transfer window will not lead to financial Armageddon.

GP
17-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Selling before we buy has just as much to do with squad size as money anyway.

selassie
17-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Poor poor Arsenal.

Let him have his say, no need for sarcasm.

LDG
17-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Selling before we buy has just as much to do with squad size as money anyway.

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't get this comparison that people make with Portsmouth and Rangers. We are not like those clubs at all, and asking the club to not obsess with making a profit in every transfer window will not lead to financial Armageddon.

Because those clubs would love to be where we are some Arsenal fans are spoilt and need to be brought back down to earth. Some arsenal fans on here have seen worse times with the club then this but still don't moan.

I know the club should be doing miles better and things do suck at the moment but were not the lowest of the low and one day we win something again. But lets be thankfull we have a team to follow and not have to worry about one not existing.

saintnickle
17-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I will ask another question .What would of happened if we hadnt made the champions league this year???Would we have to sell 40million pounds worth of players to break even???If that is the case where has all the money gone with 60,000 paying the highest prices in world football .