PDA

View Full Version : In Wenger I Trust!

I_Killed_Kenny
17-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Fuck all the nonsense! Fuck all the negativity! Fuck RVP! I am bored with this shit now! The season is about to start and we need to now get behind the boys!

I like the fact it seems Arsene has grown some balls and now is not taking any shit anymore! I like the new attitude! It must be the specs! His patience has been tested and he seems like he is up for a fight again.

I think this has been needed for a few years and it has finally been realised. If you dont want to be at the arsenal then jog on son!

We have got 2 world class players, 1, by all accounts, very good striker plus hopefully more to come! With the additions from last year I am really happy that this seems to be a new era for us. Could be the start of a bright new future!

So:

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!!

LDG
17-08-2012, 11:24 AM
:scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Fuck all the nonsense! Fuck all the negativity! Fuck RVP! I am bored with this shit now! The season is about to start and we need to now get behind the boys!

I like the fact it seems Arsene has grown some balls and now is not taking any shit anymore! I like the new attitude! It must be the specs! His patience has been tested and he seems like he is up for a fight again.

I think this has been needed for a few years and it has finally been realised. If you dont want to be at the arsenal then jog on son!

We have got 2 world class players, 1, by all accounts, very good striker plus hopefully more to come! With the additions from last year I am really happy that this seems to be a new era for us. Could be the start of a bright new future!

So:

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!!

Don't trust him but its good to see he is growing balls. Once the season starts and he is our manager of course ill back him even if i think he should go.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 11:37 AM
He seems to have grown a set

Just hope he doesnt fuck it up

GP
17-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Wenget :bow:

Marc Overmars
17-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Wenget with glasses. :bow:

LDG
17-08-2012, 11:46 AM
The new WengBOT has arrived.

Gone has the dithering version. Deleted. Hard drive wiped.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/polopoly_fs/arsene_wenger_2_good_1_1484987!image/4204387163.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/4204387163.jpg

I_Killed_Kenny
17-08-2012, 11:50 AM
all this time and all that was needed was a trip down specsavers ffs

The Wengerbabies
17-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Me too. A £20m+ profit on Van Persie job well done.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 12:04 PM
He seems to have grown a set

Just hope he doesnt fuck it up

WTF he is a **** you said so, wtf is going on this forums has changed.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 12:07 PM
WTF he is a **** you said so, wtf is going on this forums has changed.

Ive always been a Wenger fan :blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Ive always been a Wenger fan :blink:

You go away for a few months and it seems you loose your mind.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Wenger is having a good summer/pre-season - we still have a season of tactical changes to get through. . .so everyone dont hold your breath

Özim
17-08-2012, 01:13 PM
This summer has been much better than usual, we have lost RVP and we may yet lose another first teamers but at least we signed some players to cover for once. It's good to be seeing some change, hopefully we'll see a couple more come in.

We needed to change things around and change the personnel, so losing Song and RVP may not end up being as bad as it would appear.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2012, 01:16 PM
:gp:

Looks as if its catching. . . Zimm's summer :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 01:18 PM
This summer has been much better than usual, we have lost RVP and we may yet lose another first teamers but at least we signed some players to cover for once. It's good to be seeing some change, hopefully we'll see a couple more come in.

We needed to change things around and change the personnel, so losing Song and RVP may not end up being as bad as it would appear.

:faint: who the fucked hacked into Zimms account, Lettice, Ollie?

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2012, 01:22 PM
:faint: who the fucked hacked into Zimms account, Lettice, Ollie?

Charlie, you been away too long. . .its all Zen and lentil curry on here now man!

GP only comments about his own face rather others'

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Charlie, you been away too long. . .its all Zen and lentil curry on here now man!

seems that way wow just wow.

GP
17-08-2012, 01:32 PM

Those in glass houses etc...

Japan Shaking All Over
17-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Those in glass houses etc...

Only when provoked. . given the choice of who I would want to say anything about my face it would be. . .you :wink:

GP
17-08-2012, 01:43 PM
:gp:

Marc Overmars
17-08-2012, 01:47 PM
GP. :lol:

Awful general practitioner.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 02:06 PM
You go away for a few months and it seems you loose your mind.

No idea what youre on about

I've always been a Wenger fan. Some would say ridiculously so. I am the eternal optimist

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 02:26 PM
No idea what youre on about

I've always been a Wenger fan. Some would say ridiculously so. I am the eternal optimist

Yeah last season you was his biggest fan even, wanted him out the club.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah last season you was his biggest fan even, wanted him out the club.

:blink:

I dont think me and you have even spoken on here

I_Killed_Kenny
17-08-2012, 02:40 PM
leave the handbags aside girls, this thread is to get some feelgood factor back and to remember we are all arsenal and we should embrace our new start and say bye bye to the twats that dont want to be here.

tpyo
17-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I approve of the message in this thread. GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO ARSENAL!!!!!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 03:43 PM
:blink:

I dont think me and you have even spoken on here

Still the greatest wum ever, but lets leave it at that. you love Aw end of.

AKBapologist
17-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Confusing Ach with Ash, I do it all the time. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Confusing Ach with Ash, I do it all the time. :coffee:

Ah ok.

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Brilliant thread!

WWG :bow:

Come on arsenal! We're gonna win something this year, I can feel it!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2012, 05:13 PM
SATSH.

Sell all the shit heads. :bow:

Master Splinter
17-08-2012, 05:20 PM
CBI.

Charlie Is Back :bow:.

GP
17-08-2012, 05:22 PM
SATSH.

Sell all the shit heads. :bow:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25057681.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2012, 05:47 PM
:lol:

A GP image works. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2012, 07:23 PM
"LOUD NOISES!!"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I love how Wenger tries to assure everyone that things will be ok with the sale of key players "we have a massive squad!"

Yeah that's comforting, we have a massive squad because you seem to think it's ok to reward average players with massive salaries and long contracts so that invariably even if they were good once, they get complacent and lazy and are happy to be paid by us week in week out and never play a minute's football. Can you blame them?....if you were paid 60k a week to do nothing...would you take the moral high ground...I certainly wouldn't.

And so when we do spend in what appears a promising transfer summer it's immediately offset by selling players, so when Wenger says "I had no choice" but to sell Van Persie what he more specifically means is that I spent 20 million of the club's money buying two strikers and had to get that money back somehow....because heaven forbid we might spend more in transfer fees for incoming players than we accumulate in transfer fees for outgoing players.

And it's abundantly clear that Song is being sold so that we can make back the money we spent on Cazorla.....we are hoping to get 15 million for him, the same amount we paid for Cazorla......and we have sold Van Persie for the same amount we paid for the two strikers we have got in....bringing our transfer spending to a net amount of zero.

And obviously to fill the void for a defensive midfielder like song, we attempt to breach the gap with the signing of a creative midfielder in Nuri Sahin (on loan i might add, let's not forget we don't spend more than we accumulate in the transfer market) who is blatantly being brought in for a year until we can find someone to replace Jack Wilshere who no-one should be in any doubt is not ever coming back from injury.

So instead of the partner we needed for Song to give our back four the protection we need, we decide to sell song as well and play purely creative midfielders whom with the exception of possibly Arteta wouldn't be able to win the ball back if their lives depended on it.......novel approach.

I am as guilty as many people of thinking this summer might be difference, I am not enough of a hardened pragmatist not to hope that we might finally, finally get it right. And having my deepest doubts reaffirmed makes the crushing of my tentative idealism all the more soul-destroying.

And seeing the likes of squillaci, park, chamakh, bendtner, arshavin, djourou et all on the squad list at the back of an Arsenal program come the first match after the first round of autumn internationals will reaffirm what a mug I was for daring to hope

GP
17-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I agree, things are looking good.

V-Pig
17-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2012, 08:42 PM

yep looking good for the board, with all the money we are getting back in transfer fees we won't have had to spend a net penny this summer.

gooners
17-08-2012, 08:43 PM
you are a mug HCZ!

AW finally spent 15mil on a player! In 2012! You should be jumping for joy. Might not ever happen again! ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2012, 08:55 PM
you are a mug HCZ!

AW finally spent 15mil on a player! In 2012! You should be jumping for joy. Might not ever happen again! ;)

Did I dream the days when we used to win things?.....I think I must have done.

Oh No we can't possibly win things because the big bad city, united and chelsea can spend more than us in the transfer market.

There are thousands of players out there and you can only play 11 players in a game, and have so many in your squad for a premier league campaign.

Does it honestly not concern anyone?....how we are supposed to have a big transfer budget as promised by the board yet never actually spend anything, because whatever we spend we hurriedly make back by selling our best players.

I wouldn't have a problem with selling Van Persie if a) we hadn't sold him to Man United....if we couldn't have sold him abroad we should have let him run down his contract and b) We won't actually spend any of the money we gained in the transfer because the board believe that money has already been spent on other players so effectively we are selling players to cover a cash shortfall.

And that when Song goes, with Coquelin having to fill in the slot at right back until Sagna/Jenkinson come back and Frimpong unlikely to be back until mid-autumn at earliest we will have exactly zero defensive midfielders/ball winners.

gooners
17-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Did I dream the days when we used to win things?.....I think I must have done.

Oh No we can't possibly win things because the big bad city, united and chelsea can spend more than us in the transfer market.

There are thousands of players out there and you can only play 11 players in a game, and have so many in your squad for a premier league campaign.

Does it honestly not concern anyone?....how we are supposed to have a big transfer budget as promised by the board yet never actually spend anything, because whatever we spend we hurriedly make back by selling our best players.

I wouldn't have a problem with selling Van Persie if a) we hadn't sold him to Man United....if we couldn't have sold him abroad we should have let him run down his contract and b) We won't actually spend any of the money we gained in the transfer because the board believe that money has already been spent on other players so effectively we are selling players to cover a cash shortfall.

And that when Song goes, with Coquelin having to fill in the slot at right back until Sagna/Jenkinson come back and Frimpong unlikely to be back until mid-autumn at earliest we will have exactly zero defensive midfielders/ball winners.

the logic is this:

it is ok for players like song,diaby ,denilson,squallaci,etc to be on 50,60k a week.

but when players like RVP supposedly demand 4x what fuckers like squallaci earn, it is obscene!

you know what is obscene? How a fucker like denilson got paid at all! At least RVP had talent when he was out injured.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't understand, first you call me a mug...and then you seem to be agreeing with me!

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh well.

Didn't take long for this thread to turn to shit as well :sulk:

gooners
17-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't understand, first you call me a mug...and then you seem to be agreeing with me!

you missed the wink, buddy

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-08-2012, 09:38 PM
wink doesn't necessarily denote sarcasm, you might have been making a pass at me!

gooners
17-08-2012, 09:39 PM
wink doesn't necessarily denote sarcasm, you might have been making a pass at me!

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 10:00 PM

LOL

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh well.

Didn't take long for this thread to turn to shit as well :sulk:

Only on GW this could happen lol. You make a light hearted thread and someone spoilts it with all their negative shite.

GP
17-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Only on GW this could happen lol. You make a light hearted thread and someone spoilts it with all their negative shite.

Especially WUMs who aren't even arsenal fans.

Not naming names tho...

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Especially WUMs who aren't even arsenal fans.

Not naming names tho...

Oh well, thats why i won't be posting alot like last time need to keep my sanity lol.

Ollie the Optimist
17-08-2012, 10:17 PM
can we jsut clear this up, we are not selling song as said on the other page to balance the books, we are selling him because he has had a piss poor attiude this summer and has told the club he should be elsewhere so wenger has told him to fuck off

GP
17-08-2012, 10:21 PM
can we jsut clear this up, we are not selling song as said on the other page to balance the books, we are selling him because he has had a piss poor attiude this summer and has told the club he should be elsewhere so wenger has told him to fuck off

Once again Ollie is the sane voice of reason.

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I've already warned LDG about coming on here and throwing facts around.

Tut tut.

GP
17-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I've already warned LDG about coming on here and throwing facts around.

Tut tut.

Yeah, people aren't interested in facts really, nonsensical rants are much better.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 06:16 AM
so it's purely coincidence that with the sale of song we will have received in transfer fees exactly what we spent. With the sale of Vela and others probably more....Song's attitude is irrelevant he would have been sold irregardless, just it so happens he has decided to be a big head which creates a misleading perception of Wenger having big cahones.

GP
18-08-2012, 07:42 AM

Joker
18-08-2012, 08:47 AM
so it's purely coincidence that with the sale of song we will have received in transfer fees exactly what we spent. With the sale of Vela and others probably more....Song's attitude is irrelevant he would have been sold irregardless, just it so happens he has decided to be a big head which creates a misleading perception of Wenger having big cahones.

There's no point, there's a clique of Kroenke apologists here who'll defend every single decision the board makes, no matter how detrimental it is to the long term welfare of the club. If you try to point that out, you'll be accused of being a City fan, because these people don't seem to understand the difference between criticising the "board" and criticising the club. Try to have a different opinion and they will smother you with sarcastic digs, or misrepresent your opinion to make you sound unreasonable.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Joker, firstly, you're wrong and secondly I don't think that is what this thread was about.

Joker
18-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Joker, firstly, you're wrong and secondly I don't think that is what this thread was about.

Yeah sorry about that, it's off topic tbh (but the point about the clique is true IMO)

Marc Overmars
18-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Rise above hate.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah sorry about that, it's off topic tbh (but the point about the clique is true IMO)

It isn't, nobody is a 'Kroenke apologist' and saying things like that just makes you as guilty of being the Pravda writer you constantly complain of Arseblog being.

In any case, this is about the coming season - therefore:

Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes it is about the coming season and i cannot be optimistic about it, because it's frustrating that with the size and structure of the club we are more than able to challenge for major honors but we are constrained by mismanagement at board and management level.
I don't buy into the hype about only being able to buy the league otherwise i would have given up on football a long time ago and i think Arsenal are the best placed club to prove that, I am not against the self-sufficiency model but the name is being perverted to defend incompetency and corporate greed.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2012, 09:33 AM
That's fine but we get about a million threads for viewpoints like that. The thread was created with not having negativity in it, we have the Wenger slaughterhouse thread for well, slaughtering him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 10:34 AM
what's the point of having forums and message boards if you are simply going to try and reguate and control debate.

I'm not slaughtering Wenger anyway i'm pointing out what happens to be the case, if you think he hasn't mishandled the wage bill, the defence coaching, player's contracts etc than that's up to you.....this isn't a black and white polarised viewpoint....I don't see how you can either love everything wenger does or hate everything about him.

I'm frustrated because neither he or the board learn from their mistakes, even though they seem to try and placate us by acknowledging mistakes were made. I don't think Wenger should go but i think his role at the Emirates should be restricted, to what it was before David Dein left and if he is too stubborn to give back some of the control he has taken up than we should let him leave.

No manager in the league has taken up the same responsibility that Arsene Wenger has, it's too much for one person...especially a fallable person who cannot and will not take on board criticism.

The subject says "In Arsene I trust" so my reservations are valid to the topic, because the topic doesn't say "mindless cheerleaders only!"

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2012, 10:42 AM
The point is, we haven't really had debate because people were getting tired of every single thread descending in to the same argument - anger at the board or Wenger.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 10:47 AM
The op quite clearly explains that this thread is geared towards being positive about the coming season.

Unai Tea
18-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm very positive about the upcoming season. That's in no small part based on the assumption that we'll get Sahin and a replacement for Song in over the course of the next week. If that does happen, we're a better team than we were last year. Stronger in terms of the players we have and also have high hopes that Bould can help shape up the defense a bit.

I'd rather have Podolski/Giroud than RVP. Cazorla replaces some of the creativity we lost with Cesc/Nasri. If Wilshere does come back alive, then we're beginning to look good again.

I_Killed_Kenny
18-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Not long to go now, cant wait! Leave the slanging match forother threads lads n thanks for people trying to do so

COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Can't really say there hasn't been a change with the club. The sale of Song and RVP are disappointing and it looks like we're going to balance the books, but we've made some good signings this year. Usually, we'd let players go and the young players would fill the void. Now it finally looks like we're doing what everyone has been calling for. Replace want away players with experienced talent. We're making a fresh start. Looks like project youth is over. Djourou, Diaby and Walcott are the last remaining players of that generation.

Syn
18-08-2012, 12:26 PM
One more signing in the Podolski/Giroud/Cazorla category for central midfield and I think our squad is in good shape. And, yes, it's exciting that the 'star' players of the team (if there are any) are fresh faces and not those that have played in our previous squads with a weak mentality. The good thing with signing a 27 year old star player is that Arsenal is their big move. Unless they totally Arshavin it up, you can expect them to be committed to the cause.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 12:37 PM
what's the point of having forums and message boards if you are simply going to try and reguate and control debate.

I'm not slaughtering Wenger anyway i'm pointing out what happens to be the case, if you think he hasn't mishandled the wage bill, the defence coaching, player's contracts etc than that's up to you.....this isn't a black and white polarised viewpoint....I don't see how you can either love everything wenger does or hate everything about him.

I'm frustrated because neither he or the board learn from their mistakes, even though they seem to try and placate us by acknowledging mistakes were made. I don't think Wenger should go but i think his role at the Emirates should be restricted, to what it was before David Dein left and if he is too stubborn to give back some of the control he has taken up than we should let him leave.

No manager in the league has taken up the same responsibility that Arsene Wenger has, it's too much for one person...especially a fallable person who cannot and will not take on board criticism.

The subject says "In Arsene I trust" so my reservations are valid to the topic, because the topic doesn't say "mindless cheerleaders only!"

You have a right not to feel negative but then make a thread for it instead of being negative in every thread. this is not what this thread is about.

You want to should about how you hate this and that make a thread for it.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I am not going along with that there has been a deliberate attempt to balance books but nor do I think the board aint a bunch of crooks.

However I do think Wenger has had a decent summer which I do not think is over, I expect Song to be replaced with a signing of recognised quality and I still think some action could be seen with the strikers too.

Penguin
18-08-2012, 12:53 PM
This is a refreshing thread, fair play to the OP.

To me it seems like Wenger has accepted we are a 3rd/4th place team rather than a title challenging team. Which is about right considering our lack of financial power compared to our rivals. 6 years ago Wenger wouldn't have dreamed of selling our best players to our league 'rivals', but the goalposts have moved and at least we are signing some proven quality.

I personally wont be disappointed if we are scrapping for 4th at the end of the season (although I'm expecting us to get it). But I will be if we don't put up a fight for domestic cups (particularly the FA cup).

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 12:55 PM
This is a refreshing thread, fair play to the OP.

To me it seems like Wenger has accepted we are a 3rd/4th place team rather than a title challenging team. Which is about right considering our lack of financial power compared to our rivals. 6 years ago Wenger wouldn't have dreamed of selling our best players to our league 'rivals', but the goalposts have moved and at least we are signing some proven quality.

I personally wont be disappointed if we are scrapping for 4th at the end of the season (although I'm expecting us to get it). But I will be if we don't put up a fight for domestic cups (particularly the FA cup).

Spot on its clear we were never going to win the league but we must get a cup don't care which but one at least.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Dont get this either. . .I dont see how getting rid of players who no longer wish to play for us and bringing in quality that obviously do is a sign of rolling over and playing dead.

We can hopefully bring in Sahin and at least one other and I see no reason why we can,play for more than the crumbs off the table.

gooners
18-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Dont get this either. . .I dont see how getting rid of players who no longer wish to play for us and bringing in quality that obviously do is a sign of rolling over and playing dead.

We can hopefully bring in Sahin and at least one other and I see no reason why we can,play for more than the crumbs off the table.

until they decide to fuck off (join a team that can win trophies) next summer, and we hit the repeat button?

Ernesto
18-08-2012, 01:13 PM
It's nice to see a little bit of optimism going into this season. I probably won't be able to bring myself to watch the 2 (or possibly more) games against Manchester United this term, but come on Arsenal.

Penguin
18-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Frankly I'm looking forward to this season. The first time I have for a long, long time. I've also accepted we can't compete with the manchester duo but so what? I would rather sit back and enjoy the football than pull all my hair out. I don't want to turn into a bitter spurs fan who can't understand that their club isn't at the top anymore, wallowing in self pity and hate.

Power n Glory
18-08-2012, 01:23 PM

The bringing in quality players part is different but selling our players when a top club comes calling is no different to what we've done in the past. I'm not convinced that Wenger was pissed off and told people to pack as suggested. From the sounds of things, it took a personal call from Fergie and RVP telling the club he wants to go to Man Utd....same with Song, we've given in. But at least we have players coming in. But selling RVP to Man Utd is just foolish because we've strengthened a rival.

12gaugepump
18-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Come on Arsenal. In Wenger I trust! I am just going to ignore Chapman and Joker. Come on you Gooners, This will be a good year!:title: The Arsenal to finish in the top 3 with a Trophy! Our most important name on a contract is Arsene Wenger!

gooners
18-08-2012, 01:25 PM
The bringing in quality players part is different but selling our players when a top club comes calling is no different to what we've done in the past. I'm not convinced that Wenger was pissed off and told people to pack as suggested. From the sounds of things, it took a personal call from Fergie and RVP telling the club he wants to go to Man Utd....same with Song, we've given in. But at least we have players coming in. But selling RVP to Man Utd is just foolish because we've strengthened a rival.

iIt was good business! That is where our priorities lie.

ITK :cheer:

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2012, 01:39 PM

RvP going to UTD means they have been strengthened but it is obviously something Wenger thought about long and hard, selling him overseas was the preference, he said as much. . .but the risk of selling him to one of domestic rivals was not too great. . .we can only wait and see if he is right, hence in Wenger I trust

Mr. Lahey
18-08-2012, 03:55 PM
he did great at bringing in some quality players early. however he needs to spend that RVP money on more of the same. he gets credit for the early business but i still dont trust him, even with the tactical side of things.

Özim
18-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't think he's done a great job with our season's preparations, expected better (signings are good, just not overly impressed today, rather a lot of tippy tappy again and lack of end product).

Needs to spend some of the RVP (and most likely Song) cash quicksmart.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Don't think he's done a great job with our season's preparations, expected better (signings are good, just not overly impressed today, rather a lot of tippy tappy again and lack of end product).

Needs to spend some of the RVP (and most likely Song) cash quicksmart.

Well his minds been on RVP/Song so of course he has not been near the team and this is why Managers should not get involved in transfers.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 08:42 PM
you say this is a positive comments board but i have just seen one poster say "it's clear we were never going to win the league"

the problem was this was said in the spirit of being positive, and this is my problem.

Why shouldn't we be challenging for the league, and why should we know in the back of our heads that when wenger comes out and says we are challenging for the title it's little more than a propaganda exercise, we buy into this nonsense that we can't compete with the likes of man city, chelsea, united.....well to an extent we cannot challenge them in the transfer market, but I feel that we have had squads good enough at challenging for the title but because of the badly handled contracts situation, transfer negotiations, wage structure, defensive coaching.....we never manage it because we have a manager with too much power and a board that doesn't care as long as they get the champions league revenue and we slavishly give them the money in gate receipts.
It's horrific negligence and incompitence that makes us sell a player that we all know that Wenger did nothing to try and address our over reliance on for goals, today's result makes the sale of Van Persie completely irresponsible, because a club interested in winning trophies would let this player run down his contract in the hope that one more season's worth of goals would have an impact and would ensure we weren't chucking in his replacements at the deep end as we clearly did today.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 08:50 PM
you say this is a positive comments board but i have just seen one poster say "it's clear we were never going to win the league"

the problem was this was said in the spirit of being positive, and this is my problem.

Why shouldn't we be challenging for the league, and why should we know in the back of our heads that when wenger comes out and says we are challenging for the title it's little more than a propaganda exercise, we buy into this nonsense that we can't compete with the likes of man city, chelsea, united.....well to an extent we cannot challenge them in the transfer market, but I feel that we have had squads good enough at challenging for the title but because of the badly handled contracts situation, transfer negotiations, wage structure, defensive coaching.....we never manage it because we have a manager with too much power and a board that doesn't care as long as they get the champions league revenue and we slavishly give them the money in gate receipts.
It's horrific negligence and incompitence that makes us sell a player that we all know that Wenger did nothing to try and address our over reliance on for goals, today's result makes the sale of Van Persie completely irresponsible, because a club interested in winning trophies would let this player run down his contract in the hope that one more season's worth of goals would have an impact and would ensure we weren't chucking in his replacements at the deep end as we clearly did today.

No i said it because its reaslistic. I did not saying we should not be challenging for the league but its clear this season we won't and its common sense nothing else.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 08:59 PM
but surely that's not something to be positive about, we are not challenging for the title not because we are incapable but because we insist on playing with one arm behind our own backs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-08-2012, 09:04 PM
it's a bit like if you have a son who is of high intelligence, but he comes back with a report card that gives him all C's....but because you know he is lazy you can't expect him to be getting A's and B's....you shouldn't be congratulating him for getting passing grades you should be asking him why he's not putting in more effort.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2012, 09:16 PM
it's a bit like if you have a son who is of high intelligence, but he comes back with a report card that gives him all C's....but because you know he is lazy you can't expect him to be getting A's and B's....you shouldn't be congratulating him for getting passing grades you should be asking him why he's not putting in more effort.

Maybe it would be better to teach him how to play football instead, get him signed up with Arsenal and then take 50% of his £70K a week? And there'd be your cut from the signing bonus from Barca too. Not sure your ambitions are lofty enough. And be careful, because you could kill a potential cash cow if you agitate for ambition at Arsenal. How will your son claim he's moving to win medals if he has already won plenty? Think of the children.

gooners
18-08-2012, 09:17 PM

nah; would be easier to blame the parents of his rich classmates who pay huge sums for after-class tutoring for their kids.

they are bank robbers, fucking bankers etc who are using the monies they've acquired to dope their kids grades/education

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2012, 09:22 PM
but surely that's not something to be positive about, we are not challenging for the title not because we are incapable but because we insist on playing with one arm behind our own backs.

I never said it was positive were not going to win the league, and not sure if this is a positive thread any more anyways.

But for me we won't win the league this season because of what we lost and even if we kept the too id still think we need a bit more quality to win the league.

Of course we should be aiming to win the league i get that but this season were not going too.

Yes its our own faults we won't win it but see it i can see us lifting a cup maybe if we get lucky though.