PDA

View Full Version : Post Match Reaction v Liverpool

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Make sure no one forgets that the owners have still robbed us of money and we are still very short in strength in dept despite us winning.

AKBapologist
02-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I thought you've had enough?

GP
Excellent performance.

Solid in midfield and defence. 3 clean sheets on the spin, goals starting to come now.

It's on.

McNamara That Ghost...
Great stuff.

Arsenal at Anfield. :bow:

And two weeks to bask in a win. :dance:

Shaqiri Is Boss
You were the better team. The worst thing for us is that you didn't really have to do much to win it either.

Boss
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Quite pleased with that.

New signings look classy as fuck, Diaby starting to beast out as well.

Arsenal :bow: :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
Defensively solid, won 2-0 at anfield, Diaby was immense, good 3 points before the international break.

all in all good game from us

Giroud needs to get confidence but once he does he will be ok.

Dicks and chicks

Park just needs confidence in his loan in Celta and Chamak will be ok

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I thought you've had enough?

i have except when we win.

AKBapologist
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Much has been made about our defence, but we certainly had a few ropey bits in there, won't like to see what compitent strikers would do to it, especially if Vermealen is out.

Our midfield looks amazing though.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Defensively solid, won 2-0 at anfield, Diaby was immense, good 3 points before the international break.

all in all good game from us

You just said that ;)

McNamara That Ghost...
Diaby and Poldi interview on now.

Boss
First time we've started with 3 clean sheets in 88 years if I heard right.

Bould :bow: :bow:

gunnerrrrr
Diaby, Jenko, Arteta, Carzola, Verms were all immense.

The team looks very mature, and our bench doesn't look that bad, especially when Wilshire comes back.

Giroud will come good, he has that look about him, but just needs to net a few goals

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
You just said that ;)

deleted it.

Power n Glory
Jenkinson, Merts and Diaby were great. Diaby deserved man of the match and really started to take over in the middle.

Dicks and chicks
Diaby, Jenko, Arteta, Carzola, Verms were all immense.

The team looks very mature, and our bench doesn't look that bad, especially when Wilshire comes back.

Giroud will come good, he has that look about him, but just needs to net a few goals
Stan has brainwashed you well done

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Park just needs confidence in his loan in Celta and Chamak will be ok

That maybe but thats Celta's problem not ours. least give the lad 10 games before you right him off ffs.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
That maybe but thats Celta's problem not ours. least give the lad 10 games before you right him off ffs.

we didn't even give park 10 games and we still wrote him off, why does Giroud deserve more? Simply not fair

hobson's choice
02-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Great win, good game by Lukas, Santi, Diaby, and great performance by Jenkinson and Vermaelan

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
we didn't even give park 10 games and we still wrote him off, why does Giroud deserve more? Simply not fair

No one wrote park off actually so get facts before you talk rubbish. Thought you gave up anyways.

McNamara That Ghost...
Jamie Redknapp is little bit in love with Cazorla.

Me too tbf.

gunnerrrrr
Stan has brainwashed you well done

mate we just won 2 nil at Anfield...a win is a win, and we had some supurb performances....i was annoyed like everyone else with the lack of signings....but time to move on and get behind the team

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Didn't see this apart from the last five minutes - a pleasing result. Podolski's goal looked good.

And yep, Boss you heard right - 88 years.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
No one wrote park off actually so get facts before you talk rubbish. Thought you gave up anyways.

don't come crawling back to me when we lose 5 in a row after diaby,podolski and carloza get injured.

Syn
Diaby was damn good. Didn't think he had a game like that in him. Liverpool aren't Man City or Man Utd but I still think a 0-2 win at Anfield is a fucking good result.

Still more worried about keeping goals out than scoring but hope Koscielny and Szczesny can make it more solid.

Olivier's xmas twist

Bould :bow: he deffo has changed the defence and had a positve effect on the team.

Japan Shaking All Over
Diaby played excellent. . .and there I was shitting myself about not replacing Song. . .the answer was staring me right in the face (said tongue in cheeek)

Defensively Ghelkinson was good today and I thought Gibbs and Pods looked good on the left

Giroud will come good, my only worry is he looks a bit forlorn at times but early days. . .Arteta was quietly efficient

Xhaka Can’t

Bergkamp would have been on his way back to Inter if you had your way.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Much has been made about our defence, but we certainly had a few ropey bits in there, won't like to see what compitent strikers would do to it, especially if Vermealen is out.

Our midfield looks amazing though.

agreed. good performance but im not getting carried away right now. this team has always had the ability to mess things up when things are looking rosy. saying that our defence looked good, it's plainly evident that there's more communication and organisation on the pitch so credit must be given for that. giving verm the captaincy was a great idea as you need a leader out from the back. we're still giving the ball away too many times, i counted at least 4 times in the first half. need to step up in that department.

my biggest worry is when the champions league starts and the carling cup too. players like diaby will be asked to play at least twice a week and that might be too much to ask for, which provides problems due to our lack of squad depth. but ill worry about that when the time comes.

great win today

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM

we're the only team in all 4 divisions to not concede a goal this season.

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Really good away performance. Well done Arsenal. Midfield three had a nice balance. Diaby was excellent. Podolski scored the type of goal we want to see from a supporting forward. Only one hairy moment for Mannone but Vermaelen dealt with it well.

Marc Overmars
Awesome result!

Missed most of the game and only caught the last 10 minutes, sounds like a pretty solid performance though. Great to see the new boys scoring and also Diaby playing like the Diaby we all know he can be.

Clean sheets. :bow:

Defending. :bow:

Bould. :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
Bergkamp would have been on his way back to Inter if you had your way.

Joker mark II?

Globalgunner
Podolski was great covered every inch of that LHS. He could turn out to e a real hero. I wouldnt give up on Giroud just yet. Un like Chamak he actually is a real goalscorer. He will come good and also unlike Chamack he can actually hold the all up against monster defenders. AKB? Who knows

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
don't come crawling back to me when we lose 5 in a row after diaby,podolski and carloza get injured.

We won 2-0 today all i care about, did i or anyone say it fixed all the clubs problems we know its their just enjoying the result if you don't want to that your problem.

AKBapologist
We have enough to cope with midweek games, if we pick up no more injuries....

Olivier's xmas twist
Joker mark II?

Makes Joker seems like a top poster on gw

Joker
02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
A very good performance on the whole. Cazorla was excellent again, while Diaby ran the game. The way he runs with the ball really relieves pressure which is just what we need; some of our counter attacking play was also pleasing to watch. There was less of that laboured, tippy tappy approach and more direct running with the ball, which made us more dangerous.

However, we do have a tendency to become sloppy at times. Especially in the first half, we gave the ball away in dangerous areas and an on form Liverpool may have punished us.

Shame it's the international break now, would have been good to build up a head of steam.

Gooner23
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM
mate we just won 2 nil at Anfield...a win is a win, and we had some supurb performances....i was annoyed like everyone else with the lack of signings....but time to move on and get behind the team

Unless of course your not actually an Arsenal fan, and are just on here wumming..

The Wengerbabies
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
The league is ours.

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Don't think they are completely there attacking-wise yet. But there was progression today. If Podolski can keep finding those positions from the left, he will have many chances to score. The midfield is more than good enough to provide.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Makes Joker seems like a top poster on gw

Its in the name if you ask me!

Gooner23
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Only caught the 2nd half, but really impressed. Apart from maybe the last 10 mins we completely controlled it.

After all the negativity in the last few days its nice just to enjoy an Arsenal win..

Syn
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Not worried about Giroud yet. I think he's clearly got more about him than he's showing now. You can just tell from the technique, movement, hold-up play that he is a good striker, but he needs to start sticking them away. The goals have to be a team effort. We're not going to have a striker like Van Persie getting 30+ in the league, so midfield and wide-forwards have to chip in a lot. Reckon Theo's in for a few goals this season but I get the feeling he won't play much until his future is sorted out.

How it generally works with the tippy-tappys (the proper ones) is that they don't need an 'adjustment period'. Cazorla looks like he's been playing in this league for years. The midfield balance looked very good (and it has in the previous 2 matches too, in fairness). Diaby's running power is exactly the reason I think we have badly needed a more dynamic player in there because Song and Arteta simply couldn't cover enough ground. But not convinced by Diaby yet - needs to stay fit and play this good all the time. I would keep Oxlade in midfield too if one of the other 3 are out, and if Wilshere's back soon and half as good as he was, we'll have a solid midfield.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Its in the name if you ask me!

Pretty much

Wums :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't know what team was playing in Purple today, but it wasn't Arsenal

This imposter team could defend from set pieces, man marked a striker out of the game, every player tracked back to help out the defence, drew fouls from the opposition to help break up attacking spells....got stuck in, in midfield and were reasonably clinical.

If anyone knows where the real Arsenal has got to, make sure it stays where it is!

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Conceded 10 goals after three games last season. :lol: :doh:

Letters
02-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Wenger :bow:

What?

Very pleasing today. Didn't expect that. Defence is looking solid. Mannone saved well a couple of times but flapped a bit too, will be happier when Chez is back. Midfield looks good. Nice to see Podolski and Carzola get off the mark - with new players it can take a while, we needed them to get going quickly. Giroud is a worry but he's getting in the right positions so hopefully he'll come good. All in all - best performance for a long time. Think we're going to be OK this year. Not champions, but I fancy us for another top 4 trophy.

:scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Wenger :bow:

What?

Very pleasing today. Didn't expect that. Defence is looking solid. Mannone saved well a couple of times but flapped a bit too, will be happier when Chez is back. Midfield looks good. Nice to see Podolski and Carzola get off the mark - with new players it can take a while, we needed them to get going quickly. Giroud is a worry but he's getting in the right positions so hopefully he'll come good. All in all - best performance for a long time. Think we're going to be OK this year. Not champions, but I fancy us for another top 4 trophy.

:scarf:

:gp:

Thats how we should be playing instead of worrying about possession all the time.

north bank nutter
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM
LOL at goonerswebbers, and this isn't a wum. The swing between the persistent moaning to the we are world beaters in 2 hours is why I cba with forums anymore.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Diaby, Jenkinson and Mannone are Like New Signings.

Diaby was brilliant. Even defensively. Injured on international duty?

Jenkinson, Vermaelen and Mertesacker were superb. Gibbs was out of position a few times, but was a good outlet again and much like Diaby, a run of games shows he can be a top, top, top player. Mannone did well too.

Arteta is just fantastic and has been for most of his Arsenal career so far. No-one can be questioning what he brings to the team. Keeps play flowing, rarely misplaces a pass, sets up attacks, cooly intercepts and with his tackling looks like the best defensive midfielder we never had.

With the space afforded against a team who actually tried to play football, Podolski and Cazorla showed what they can do. It's hard to express yourself fully against the 10-man defences of Sunderland and Stoke. Podolski was also hard-working all over the pitch again. Actually, most of the team were. Strange to see an Arsenal team working hard throughout a game.

Giroud missed a couple of chances again, but if he keeps getting into the right positions as he has done, the goals will definitely come.

With Szczesny, Sagna, Wilshere and Rosicky to come back, the options should be decent. At least until November when they all start dropping like flies that drop little bit physically.

Letters
02-09-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL at goonerswebbers, and this isn't a wum. The swing between the persistent moaning to the we are world beaters in 2 hours is why I cba with forums anymore.Who has said (seriously) that we're suddenly world beaters?
Some have whined so much that they can't bear to praise the team but most are just pleased with the result and performance.
What's wrong with that?

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
LOL at goonerswebbers, and this isn't a wum. The swing between the persistent moaning to the we are world beaters in 2 hours is why I cba with forums anymore.

People have praised an impressive performance and result, that's all.

north bank nutter
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Who has said (seriously) that we're suddenly world beaters?
Some have whined so much that they can't bear to praise the team but most are just pleased with the result and performance.
What's wrong with that?

Letters old bean, its more the sentiment that we are world beaters and the swing from the whining that I am getting at. As you would expect I am very happy we got a result.

Sometimes you can get caught up in a vacuum on here. There are things fundamentally wrong with Arsenal at the moment but a lot of posters go way over the top, thats all I am saying.

Tara

Letters
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
:wave:

People certainly do kneejerk a lot but I haven't seen too much of it on this thread.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM

That term and any reference to it appears a grand total of once in this thread. :coffee:

Don't let the metaphorical door hit you on your metaphorical ass on the way out.

Letters
02-09-2012, 03:22 PM
That term and any reference to it appears a grand total of once in this thread. :coffee:

Don't let the metaphorical door hit you on your metaphorical ass on the way out.
Do not forget we also have Cripps who can WUM here.
Do. Not. Forget.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Who has said (seriously) that we're suddenly world beaters?
What's wrong with that?

A good result in a match reaction thread is likely to get an....erm...good reaction.

cheesy bites
02-09-2012, 03:23 PM
What a performance. The team was outstanding in particular Diaby who looked like an absolute monster in midfield.

I think I love Cazorla.

Syn
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney
Diaby is a player don't know why he doesn't play more games

:rolleyes:

Bacary Sagna ‏@Sagnaofficial
Hey!!!! Abou !!!!!!! Everyone already knew he was very good..for the ones who still wonder...he answered properly to your questions lool

north bank nutter
02-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Same old GB, goonerswebbers recruiter extraodinaire. Or do you like your own voice in a closed shop rather than at the emirates. Oppps WUM offence, lifetime ban.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
That was a very different game for us. More open and against an attacking oppenent. It's rare to see us counter like that.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
That was a very different game for us. More open and against an attacking oppenent. It's rare to see us counter like that.

Which is what we need to do instead of pass pass and worry about possession.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I missed most of the match, but really enjoyed the replay of our first goal. We used to be blessed with goal after goal after goal like that.

Hopefully there is more to come.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't think the situation changes, to me we still look very light in terms of personnel up front, and lose our talismanic striker as well as seeing him score goals for your hated rivals is a very painful blow and won't be set right overnight.....today's result was a very nice tonic though

mastermind84
02-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Giroud's movement is good but his finishing is scary.

great defending tho, Jenks, Verms, Merts, Gibbs, and Mikel were excellent in defense. As was Podolski in tracking back and defending 1v1.

Diaby was immaculate, best player on the pitch.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Didn't watch it, don't care if we won, lost or drew. Kroenke out, that's what it's all about.

Tipsychubbs
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
A disciplined performance where everyone worked hard as a team on and off the ball for most of the game. Diaby showing us the potential he has again in driving a midfield, just needs to stay fit and be consistent. Cazorla pulling the strings, Podolski linking up well and playing in a very determined style again. His workrate is really good, getting back to defend and cover gibbs, you can see why he’s picked on the left for away games, he adds some steel to the side. Jenkinson and Gibbs again were solid, although Gibbs needs to be careful when he leaves gaps running forward, timing his runs better.

Arteta’s defense and discipline is very classy, he’s like Gilberto, sitting deep and intercepting, then keeping the ball and distributing it well. Shape off the ball was again good as well as the organization of the back four, although in the last 15 minutes we started to drop off a bit and allow Liverpool to hem us in, still an impressive performance.

Olivier's xmas twist
Didn't watch it, don't care if we won, lost or drew. Kroenke out, that's what it's all about.

:lol:

Globalgunner
Cheer up NQ
"Your girlfriend left you for another man
Don`t worry, Be happy
The council came to tow your van
Don`t worry, Be happy"
etc.....

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
It's rare to see us counter like that.

Orbinho ‏@Orbinho (http://twitter.com/Orbinho)

Arsenal scored a divisional-high nine goals from counter attacks in the Premier League last season

Perception. Perhaps Fat Sam was right about it.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Perception. Perhaps Fat Sam was right about it.

It was less tippy tappy and Liverpool had a large chunk of possession. Against teams set up to defend, as seen with our first two games, we won't get to counter as much.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Agreed, this was more reminiscent of past teams. Not that I am suggesting we are anywhere near the competency of those teams - it is just a comment on the style.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
It was less tippy tappy and Liverpool had a large chunk of possession. Against teams set up to defend, as seen with our first two games, we won't get to counter as much.

The point is that we are supposedly terrible at counter-attacking these days, but this shows that we are joint-best in the League at it.

You can't counter against teams like Sunderland who barely venture out of their own box.

Syn
02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
MS, I genuinely can't remember one counter-attacking goal we scored last season. Maybe their definition of 'counter attack' is a Song dink and a Van Persie volley?

I think the only solution to opening up the '10 men behind the ball' teams is filling the midfield and attack with tekkers. If many of Cathedral, Wheelshare, Oxlade, Pod are injured, we'll struggle.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
The point is that we are supposedly terrible at counter-attacking these days, but this shows that we are joint-best in the League at it.

You can't counter against teams like Sunderland who barely venture out of their own box.

Which is exactly the point I'm making, which is why i said it was a different game and that it's rare because most teams will sit deep against us. I didn't say we were rubbish at it.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
MS, I genuinely can't remember one counter-attacking goal we scored last season. Maybe their definition of 'counter attack' is a Song dink and a Van Persie volley?

I think the only solution to opening up the '10 men behind the ball' teams is filling the midfield and attack with tekkers. If many of Cathedral, Wheelshare, Oxlade, Pod are injured, we'll struggle.

Yeah, I think this sort of game would have been perfect for Theo. Poldoski did well today too but we need to come up
with a system for the teams that park the bus. Diaby was also perfect for this sort of open game. He's able to turn on the ball quickly and make great powerful runs on the ball. It was really impressive. Grew in confidence as the came went on.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Which is exactly the point I'm making, which is why i said it was a different game and that it's rare because most teams will sit deep against us. I didn't say we were rubbish at it.

You said it was rare. Which it perhaps is. But it seems rare for most teams these days.

And it's often said on here how we can't and never do score on the counter.

The blinding brilliance of the Henry-Pires-Bergkamp-Ljunberg axis often warps people's memories so that everything then was perfect and everything now is deficient.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Off the top of my head, I can recall three RVC counter-attacking goals against Dortmund, Chelsea and United.

I'm sure Maccy can help out with some others.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Cheer up NQ
"Your girlfriend left you for another man
Don`t worry, Be happy
The council came to tow your van
Don`t worry, Be happy"
etc.....

It wasn't for another man.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
You said it was rare. Which it perhaps is. But it seems rare for most teams these days.

And it's often said on here how we can't and never do score on the counter.

The blinding brilliance of the Henry-Pires-Bergkamp-Ljunberg axis often warps people's memories so that everything then was perfect and everything now is deficient.

MS, this has nothing to do with warped memories, it's just a fact. We rarely play against attacking teams that can pin us back for long. This is a rare game and it's we're unlikely to play this way all season because most of the team we go up against park the bus. I'm more interested in how we play against teams that aren't set up to be so open because those are they games where we can struggle.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
MS, this has nothing to do with warped memories, it's just a fact. We rarely play against attacking teams that can pin us back for long. This is a rare game and it's we're unlikely to play this way all season because most of the team we go up against park the bus. I'm more interested in how we play against teams that aren't set up to be so open because those are they games where we can struggle.

Last season, I noticed many more teams having a real go at us. We don't come up against as many bus parkers as in the past.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 05:01 PM

I think we're on the same page.

There is criticism from far and wide for our supposed lack of counter-attacking ability though. Even the best teams can't do anything against the Sunderlands of this world. As seen with Barcelona v Chelsea last season.

It was probably because of the Invincibles team that so many managers just set out with one block of ten to stop the better teams playing.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Last season, I noticed many more teams having a real go at us. We don't come up against as many bus parkers as in the past.

Quite true. Norwich, Newcastle, Fulham...but I think we were really poor with our passing last year. The midfield lacked cohesion and there was no end product and a lot of teams were taken advantage of our mistakes and countering us. But as seen with Sunderland and Stoke, I think a few teams will get pinned back because our central midfield is better compared to last seasons.

Alpha
02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
It is very hard to please the so-called Arsenal fans . We lose they get angry . We draw they moan . We win they try to find weaknesses to put the team down .
That was a very good performance against a very good Liverpool . Well done boys .

Globalgunner
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Last season we played Ramsey at CM. No team can survive that. No pace, no movement, no vision,,,,,,,,Nothing

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
It is very hard to please the so-called Arsenal fans . We lose they get angry . We draw they moan . We win they try to find weaknesses to put the team down .
That was a very good performance against a very good Liverpool . Well done boys .

Thats football fans in general, love a good moan, they be lost without it tbh.

Globalgunner
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
It wasn't for another man.

A woman?. You dont say!!!

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Thats football fans in general, love a good moan, they be lost without it tbh.

if we lost you would moan too tbh.

Özim
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Very good win that was needed (didn't see the game though). Should help us at the end of the season when 4th is up for grabs.

Saw some comments in the press about Wenger being vindicated. Vindicated my arse, let's see if we've won anything at the end of the season shall we. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
if we lost you would moan too tbh.

:doh: Oh dear learn to read.

hymppi
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
3 games, 3 clean sheets :bow: Bould

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Very good win that was needed (didn't see the game though). Should help us at the end of the season when 4th is up for grabs.

Saw some comments in the press about Wenger being vindicated. Vindicated my arse, let's see if we've won anything at the end of the season shall we. :lol:

It would be nice if after a good result, you could just enjoy it. If you can't, why do you even bother following football.

Where is the enjoyment?

What do you get out of it?

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
It would be nice if after a good result, you could just enjoy it. If you can't, why do you even bother following football.

Where is the enjoyment?

You do remember who your replying to ?

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Podolski has a very German voice.

Gut day für Arzenal

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Where is the enjoyment?

Bit like a violent death, some of us can't move on. So we haunt you instead.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Bit like a violent death, some of us can't move on. So we haunt you instead.

I've already got enough demons.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I've already got enough demons.

Thought it was skeletons?

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Thought it was skeletons?

It was.

Then the demons burned down my closet.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
So Back on subject Stan out (just for NQ)

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Excellent performance. Arteta, Diaby and Verms stood out for me but all of them were mostly excellent.

However, I'm worried as fuck about Giroud. Not that he didn't score, I don't care about that at this stage. It was the rest of his game that I found very worrying - he hasn't got anything! I thought he was supposed to be a grafter, closi g down defenders etc, didn't see much of it.

We should have bought another striker as well. Crazy

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Gibbs' reaction to Giroud's miss

:haha:

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Excellent performance. Arteta, Diaby and Verms stood out for me but all of them were mostly excellent.

However, I'm worried as fuck about Giroud. Not that he didn't score, I don't care about that at this stage. It was the rest of his game that I found very worrying - he hasn't got anything! I thought he was supposed to be a grafter, closi g down defenders etc, didn't see much of it.

We should have bought another striker as well. Crazy
could we bring in Sturridge on loan or michael owen?

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Why? We've spent the whole summer shovelling shit out the door, why build a sluice to let more in?

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Why? We've spent the whole summer shovelling shit out the door, why build a sluice to let more in?

loaning out shit is hardly shovelling it out because it will come back eventually, Owen could be worth it tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM

No The window is shut and owen is shit.

Power n Glory
02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Gibbs' reaction to Giroud's miss

That was funny. :lol: But I think he'll learn over time that he needs to drop deep a bit to get touches on the ball. So far, he's just focused on making off the ball runs behind defenders and getting a few knock downs.

Dennis Bendtner
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
See Wenger talking about Cazorla here :lol: it's actually genuine awe. Like some 'I have no words' shit. I don't think I've seen that before. Fair play, Thanti Cathorla

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19458514

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Abu Dhabi. :lol:

gooners
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
loaning out shit is hardly shovelling it out because it will come back eventually

talking from experience?

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
talking from experience?

arshavin is still here isn't he?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
podolski's tracking back is awesome. really helped gibbs out which gives kieran plenty of confidence when the opposition attack. also our shape was much better compared to last season, towards the end you didn't see our midfield surge to try and get a loose ball. they stayed compact and reserved which meant we were tight all round.

also apart from the toon, do we have the best away fans in the league? some of those songs were outrageously good- 'he drives how he wants, he drives how he wants, andre santos, he drives how he wants' :haha:

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 08:28 PM
So Back on subject Stan out (just for NQ)

this is the passion i wanna see on these forums

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 08:28 PM
edit: @ WW's post

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
i caught a new one for cazorla too, the one man city sing about mancini- 'cazorla ohhho cazorla ohhho he comes from malaga, to play with arteta'

to sahin- 'you should have signed for a big club'

and to the anfield crowd- 'you're the spurs of merseyside' :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Can't be a conicidence Gev never played and we played better. Looks like Theo won't be playing again till he signs that deal.

Globalgunner
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Can't be a conicidence Gev never played and we played better. Looks like Theo won't be playing again till he signs that deal. with Gervinho in yr side you might as well be a man down with both Gervinho AND Walcott, You might as well not show up, they are together that bad

Grebbo
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
To be fair Walcott is, and always has been, a super sub. When players are tired and he his fresh he's devastating. When he starts and is of equal freshness as his opponent he's crap.

Good to see Wenger not giving him a sniff.

The little twat.

£100k per week player he is not

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
To be fair Walcott is, and always has been, a super sub. When players are tired and he his fresh he's devastating. When he starts and is of equal freshness as his opponent he's crap.

The little twat.

guess he's gooooonee

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM

The little twat.

This, player power is something that has taken the piss, time to put a stop to it. Whist i think its good we did not sell theo in the window(more for the media BS about another player leaving) Don't think he should get what he wants either.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
This, player power is something that has taken the piss, time to put a stop to it. Whist i think its good we did not sell theo in the window(more for the media BS about another player leaving) Don't think he should get what he wants either.

will anyone else pay theo a 100k a week though?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m717ckuffg1qi3i5y.png

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
:blink:

was that the first time since the invincibles era that motd highlighted our defence and were completely complementary? hansen being nice for once. i genuinely cant remember the last time they focused on our defence and were so positive. also done a highlight on one of our players (diaby) which they haven't done for years. are things changing?

jelgoon
02-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Walcott's not that bad. I think people are getting a bit carried away on here cos we (and Diaby in particular) had one great game. We have been down this road a lot in the last few years.In a few weeks time people on here may be calling for Walcott to come back in the team

with Gervinho in yr side you might as well be a man down with both Gervinho AND Walcott, You might as well not show up, they are together that bad

Cripps_orig
02-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Didnt watch any of the match. Havent seen any highlights either so whilst im pleased we won, the excitement isnt there and its more a case of "we won at Anfield last season and we were awful that season and we have a good record against them over the yeard and still have been shit so nothing will change" feel about it

Ollie the Optimist
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
love the fact that ever since reina put that barca shirt on cesc at the celebrations, he has generally been shit against us and made massive fuck ups.

karmas a bitch.

also reina is a bit shit

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 11:23 PM
love the fact that ever since reina put that barca shirt on cesc at the celebrations, he has generally been shit against us and made massive fuck ups.

karmas a bitch.

also reina is a bit shit

is it karma? does karma exist?

Cripps_orig
02-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Anyone got any highlights?

Cripps_orig
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
is it karma? does karma exist?

Not anymore since she was let go

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
when we scored the two goals that was probably the two highlights from the game

Harry
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Santi Carzola FUCK YEAAAAAHHHHHHH

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Seen the goals although just the pass and shot both times

I want to see Gerrards pass ffs

Reina :doh:

No longer is he 47 million times better than Sir Ches.

Just the 42 million now

Kyle?
03-09-2012, 12:52 AM

Just the 42 million now

Mannone is 490 billion trillion times better than Reina.

At howlers.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 01:20 AM

Sky

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Cba going all the way downstairs at this time

As good as the win was, it doesnt change much or anything about how i feel about Wenger and co and they arent worth the effort of me going downstairs.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Cba going all the way downstairs at this time

As good as the win was, it doesnt change much or anything about how i feel about Wenger and co and they arent worth the effort of me going downstairs.

Are you still 70? I thought old people don't sleep much (and soil their pants)

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Are you still 70? I thought old people don't sleep much (and soil their pants)

Atm i feel 47

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Atm i feel 47

47 is the new 43 tbf, so you are even younger than you thought. Can't blame you for not going downstairs, I'd rather shit my pants too than sit through 90 mins of tippy-tappy.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Is that what it was?

Pass pass pass shit?

And we got lucky with a Gerrard and Reina howler for the goals otherwise we'd be looking at another 0-0

Boss
03-09-2012, 02:24 AM
NQ is the new Zimm... although at least Zimm spoke sense :rose:

fakeyank
03-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Reina is one of the worst keepers in the PL.

Mannone on the other hand :bow:

LDG
03-09-2012, 08:37 AM

Just the 42 million now

Gerrards pass was nothing disasterous tbf. Just got intercepeted just outside our box.

We still had shitloads to do before we scored, so blaming Gerrard (much as I'd like to) isn't really the key point in the goal.

As far as Cazorla's goes, it's about time we Fat Franked one or two in. The point is, he keeps having a pop at goal, inside and outside the box. If you keep having a go, eventually you score. And it was more than deserved.

Syn
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
I get the feeling we could've won 1-7 and the fans wouldn't be as pleased. It's been so rare for us to start a season (and relatively tough games) without conceding. When we concede our first goal, it's going to be a massive downer. The problem isn't so much conceding 1 goal it's when, after you concede one goal, you concede 2 or 3 more. We had absolutely no filter for large parts of last season. As soon as one went in it's like the players don't care about what the number is.

LDG
03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Well, quite. This is the problem now. As it's been widely highlighted that we look more solid, how do we react when we do concede one.

I guess that's where Vermaelen has to prove he's worthy of the captaincy.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
A good win against a good Liverpool team. Was exactly the kinda result required after 2 goaless stalemates.

I'm very concerned about our 4-5-1 formation thou. Would be great if we possibly reverted to a 4-4-2, especially since Giroud doesn't appear that much of a prolific striker. I can't see him doing the 25+ goals per season rounds.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
A good Liverpool team? :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote of the weekend

"Diaby is a player don't know why he doesn't play more games "

– Wayne Rooney, probably wondering why he and his gashed leg were left out against Southampton.

Apparently a tweet from Wazza :lol:

selassie
03-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Was kind of surprised we won yesterday which was a plus. I wasn't necessarily expecting to lose but was fearing another 0-0.

From the highlights I saw, we played very well, solid again defensively and we look dangerous offensively. Midfield was where we won it from what I can see, Diaby outstanding, Cazorla outstanding, Arteta outstanding.

It's going to be interesting watching this team develop because I actually think for the first time in a long time Arsene has addressed the balance in many areas of the team. Balance in terms of a good physical mix of players and a nice blend of youth & experience.

Potentially exciting times ahead if we can keep everybody fit!

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Was kind of surprised we won yesterday which was a plus. I wasn't necessarily expecting to lose but was fearing another 0-0.

From the highlights I saw, we played very well, solid again defensively and we look dangerous offensively. Midfield was where we won it from what I can see, Diaby outstanding, Cazorla outstanding, Arteta outstanding.

It's going to be interesting watching this team develop because I actually think for the first time in a long time Arsene has the balance of Youth & Experience right. We also have a lot of strength in this team so don't look lightweight.

2 things

1 - This team wont develop cos players will be sold this summer as the latest fashion of yachts will be out and Wenger and the board will need money

2 - Chances of keeping everyone fit is as likely as Diaby having 2 good games in a row. Just doesnt happen

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 10:21 AM

It's going to be interesting watching this team develop because I actually think for the first time in a long time Arsene has the balance of Youth & Experience right. We also have a lot of strength in this team so don't look lightweight.

Honestly though, this is the bit where Arsene waves and shouts he has a little bit ice cream waiting when the ride ends. Meanwhile around we go again.

Grebbo
03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I think we're gonna have to flood the midfield Spain style this season and hope our midfielders get the goals because I have a feeling Giroud is gonna be a disaster. Knee-jerk I know but I didn't think he offered anything yesterday or against Stoke.

If Spain can win the Euros with no striker/Torres then we can get 4th spot doing similar.

Just hoping we sign a striker in Jan.

I thought Liverpool looked very ordinary but were dangerous in the last 10 minutes as we kind of let them into the game. I didn't relax until the 93rd minute. The holding by Merts on Sur**** was a pen and they had a couple of other decent chances. It was still a comfortable game considering it was Liverpool away and they raped City the week before.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Just seen better highlights and more than just the goals on Arsenal website

Cant really blame Gerrard for that. Still, hes a bit shit these days :lol:

Dear god, Giroud is alwful.

Santi and Lukas :bow:

AKBapologist
03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Just hoping we sign a striker in Jan.

We all know that striker will be Henry for a 2 week loan.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
We all know that striker will be Henry for a 2 week loan.

No problems with that. At least he'll want to be here.

selassie
03-09-2012, 10:40 AM
2 things

1 - This team wont develop cos players will be sold this summer as the latest fashion of yachts will be out and Wenger and the board will need money

2 - Chances of keeping everyone fit is as likely as Diaby having 2 good games in a row. Just doesnt happen

Yeah I know Ach. We might aswell enjoy the season before our standout performers are sold in the Summer.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah I know Ach. We might aswell enjoy the season before our standout performers are sold in the Summer.

I wish i could but its a bit like watching a film. If you already know how it ends, you just dont enjoy watching it

We have no real connection with any of the players and if the likes of Cazorla and Podolski continue on their form from yesterday, they'll be sold next summer so no chance of having a connection with them

selassie
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Honestly though, this is the bit where Arsene waves and shouts he has a little bit ice cream waiting when the ride ends. Meanwhile around we go again.

I know NQ, don't get me wrong I'm far from happy, we're one or two injuries away from a meltdown IMHO and I've not been impressed with Giroud thus far but...we do look fairly solid this season which is pleasing.

I'm not expecting a credible title challenge or any trophies this season, well not unless significant investment is made in the January Window, we all know that won't happen. We have done OK so far though considering we more or less have another new team!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I wish i could but its a bit like watching a film. If you already know how it ends, you just dont enjoy watching it

We have no real connection with any of the players and if the likes of Cazorla and Podolski continue on their form from yesterday, they'll be sold next summer so no chance of having a connection with them

Got no reason to sell those too plus we only sell them if they had one year left on the contracts tbh thats how we roll.

Only players we will sell next are Jack and OX in a few years don't think no one will want any of our players maybe theo if his contract thing is not fixed by jan.

Lukaz is going no where yet.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Only thing the fans can do is make a very clear statement there will be severe financial penalties if the board sells the guts out of the team again. Something like a pact that says zero shirt sales if Jack is sold, zero food consumed at the ground if Ox is sold, zero attendance if it's worse than that. The only way the fans can have in input is if they register as something other than a sure thing on the balance sheet. Stand won't even get upset, he'll just have his beancounters recalculate. And if it then becomes financially beneficial to keep a few players next year, that's what he'll do. Don't know what the supporters club is up to. They just moan once a year and then leave it at that. It's like an election, the politicians lie for a while, the people get to "choose" from two establishment candidates, nothing changes and the few rape the many. You have to disrupt their system, break the money chain. Trouble is, people will continue to vote and the fans will continue to shell out at Arsenal. You can't really blame the rapists if the victims are bowling up and begging for it.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Got no reason to sell those too plus we only sell them if they had one year left on the contracts tbh thats how we roll.

Only players we will sell next are Jack and OX in a few years don't think no one will want any of our players maybe theo if his contract thing is not fixed by jan.

Lukaz is going no where yet.

Have you not been following Arsenal last few years? Whoever impresses is out

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Only thing the fans can do is make a very clear statement there will be severe financial penalties if the board sells the guts out of the team again. Something like a pact that says zero shirt sales if Jack is sold, zero food consumed at the ground if Ox is sold, zero attendance if it's worse than that. The only way the fans can have in input is if they register as something other than a sure thing on the balance sheet. Stand won't even get upset, he'll just have his beancounters recalculate. And if it then becomes financially beneficial to keep a few players next year, that's what he'll do. Don't know what the supporters club is up to. They just moan once a year and then leave it at that. It's like an election, the politicians lie for a while, the people get to "choose" from two establishment candidates, nothing changes and the few rape the many. You have to disrupt their system, break the money chain. Trouble is, people will continue to vote and the fans will continue to shell out at Arsenal. You can't really blame the rapists if the victims are bowling up and begging for it.

This people say the club is conning the fans, You only get conned if you left yourself.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Have you not been following Arsenal last few years? Whoever impresses is out

No who ever impress but has one year left on his contract is out.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
No who ever impress but has one year left on his contract is out.
Very true

How long does Wilshere have left?

Only reason he is still here imo cos of his injury. Had he played last season, he'd have been awesome and he'd be in a Man City shirt right having sold him for £15m despite being worth twice as much but Wenger will say he made £15m profit so its good business

Letters
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Balls to the negativity on here. Football is FUBAR, the way Arsenal are run makes your head spin. But yesterday was a good performance and a great result. If you can’t enjoy that then you might as well give up watching completely.

Loved the first goal in particular – moving the ball forward and a great striker’s goal from Podolski. Nothing spectacular, just a good first touch and finish.

Come on Arsenal.

:dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
The match is on LFCTV tonight at 9pm if you wish. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
03-09-2012, 11:48 AM
if you are writing giroud off after this three games, you clearly havnt watch the games. his movement is supberb, he draws defenders away creating space for others, he did this yesterday for podolskis goal. he is a threat.

Xhaka Can’t
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
The match is on LFCTV tonight at 9pm if you wish. :lol:

Picture quality on that channel is awful.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
SD on a HDTV just looks terrible I concur.

Letters
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
SD on a HDTV just looks terrible I concur.Luckily my eyes are pretty rubbish :cool:

:(

GP
03-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Luckily my eyes are pretty rubbish :cool:

:(

Specky four-eyes :pal:

Power n Glory
03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I know NQ, don't get me wrong I'm far from happy, we're one or two injuries away from a meltdown IMHO and I've not been impressed with Giroud thus far but...we do look fairly solid this season which is pleasing.

I'm not expecting a credible title challenge or any trophies this season, well not unless significant investment is made in the January Window, we all know that won't happen. We have done OK so far though considering we more or less have another new team!

We should really be pushing for the domestic cups at least. Teams can't sit back and defend all day for cup comps and we really should have won something by now. This should be the year if we can't win the league. The defence looks solid enough.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 01:52 PM
We should really be pushing for the domestic cups at least. Teams can't sit back and defend all day for cup comps and we really should have won something by now. This should be the year if we can't win the league. The defence looks solid enough.

Spot on. no reason we can't win a cup if we actually bother to want to.

Kano
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
The supply chain goes much higher than that, Sky being the main providers (but not the feeders) of the stream of dirge that has ruined what was once our game. fans can do as they please at arsenal but it won’t affect a club still guaranteed a healthy dose of money ejaculated into their mouths every season from the TV ****s. Apparently, this 24/7 stream of unconscious media feed that is jacking up the game to an unsustainable level is what we wanted after Gazza shed a few tears, the fat prick. So keep smiling when we win, booing when we lose and panicing when we don’t buy, buy,buy with only minutes left on the transfer window clock.

Toronto Gooner
03-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I meant to quote Selassie's comment about Arsenal being one or two injuries away from a mealtdown.

I would suggest that most clubs are only one or two key injuries away from a "meltdown". If Man U lose van Persie due to an injury while with the national team (which we have seen), where are their goals coming from? If Chelsea lose Hazard and Torres, they drop down a few pegs. Man City are probably the only English club than can afford to lose one or two of their major players.

AKBapologist
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I meant to quote Selassie's comment about Arsenal being one or two injuries away from a mealtdown.

I would suggest that most clubs are only one or two key injuries away from a "meltdown". If Man U lose van Persie due to an injury while with the national team (which we have seen), where are their goals coming from? If Chelsea lose Hazard and Torres, they drop down a few pegs. Man City are probably the only English club than can afford to lose one or two of their major players.

United had already lost Rooney, so you're holding them up to a higher standard than us already. And because city can afford to lose Aguero for months without flinching is exactly why there the most likely to win the league.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 04:33 PM
The supply chain goes much higher than that, Sky being the main providers (but not the feeders) of the stream of dirge that has ruined what was once our game. fans can do as they please at arsenal but it won’t affect a club still guaranteed a healthy dose of money ejaculated into their mouths every season from the TV ****s. Apparently, this 24/7 stream of unconscious media feed that is jacking up the game to an unsustainable level is what we wanted after Gazza shed a few tears, the fat prick. So keep smiling when we win, booing when we lose and panicing when we don’t buy, buy,buy with only minutes left on the transfer window clock.

I think any disturbance in the force would be picked up in moneybags central and adjustments would be made to contain, accommodate and keep the cash flowing. I'm not advocating destroying the game, only snapping the ****s that run it out of their money trance to remind them we are still around and there are human beings attached to that revenue stream. Don't think we have long to do it either because the next logical step is the removal of the fans full stop, for replacement with a 100% TV audience. Hell, they could even have virtual players, run the whole thing using computers. You could have 3D game helmets that allowed you to immerse yourself in the action, almost as if you were there in the stadium. We could have technology mimicking the sights and sounds and smells... It could be almost like what we have now but without those dreadful expenses that savage the margins. And it could always be a happy ending, there could be 20 different endings, just pick the one where your team wins. Hell, that's what City are doing already in effect. The world is shallow enough to take such bold steps. Artificial is where it's at.