PDA

View Full Version : Mutliple attacking threats

Toronto Gooner
03-09-2012, 04:35 AM
I have finished watching the first half of the Liverpool match; I had things to do this morning.

Anyway, after this half and the earlier two games, it seems to me that Arsenal are developing three different attacking threats and if they all come to fruition then things could be very interesting.

First, and the weakest at the moment, is the traditonal centre forward fronted by Giroud. At the moment there are two things not working: Giroud has not found his stride (goals) and his confidence yet; and the rest of the team have not yet got used to having a tall centre forward in the middle and their crosses are too high.

Second, they are developing the quick, short passing style (Spanish) with Cazorla at the centre of it. Again, it is a work in progress but the movement of the attacking group (Podolski and Giroud) will be key.

Third, they seem to have developed the electric counter-attacking style again. The Podolski goal was a perfect example of it. Quick and simple and devastating. [I did read the commment about last season's stats.]

I might be in the minority but I believe that Giroud is a key component of this transformation and all three styles. He may not be scoring goals yet, but he is helping create them. I am confident that the goals will come. Let's not forget that he is a late bloomer and does not have the experience of Podolski and Cazorla.

That not withstanding, if Arsenal can develop these different styles, it is going to be an interesting season.

AKBapologist
03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
What happens when Giroud or Cazorla gets injured? What happens when we play more than 1 game a week?