PDA

View Full Version : Cesc to Return?

AKBapologist
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
First Ronaldo, now Fabregas... Barca midfielder unhappy with Nou Camp life
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 19:47, 4 September 2012 | UPDATED: 20:19, 4 September 2012

Comments (0)

Cesc Fabregas has admitted his frustration over his recent inconsistent performances for Barcelona.

The Spain international midfielder, who revealed his frustration at not playing every minute of every game, was substituted only 63 minutes into Barca's narrow victory over Valencia on Sunday.

Despite starting all three Primera Division games so far this term, Fabregas remains far from happy playing a cameo role for his boyhood club, having returned to the Nou Camp last summer for £30million after eight years at Arsenal.

Upset: Cesc Fabregas takes his 'unhappy face' home with him

His complaint echoes that of Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who refused to celebrate his brace against Granada due to feeling 'sad' for 'professional reasons'.

Fabregas told Radio Marca: 'There's no such thing as a great substitute in the world of football.

'I couldn't tell you what makes a great substitute.

'I always wish my team-mates well and put a happy face on.

'If I have to take my unhappy face home then so be it, but I would never let my team-mates or manager see it.'

The versatile 25-year-old competes for a starting berth in the centre of the park with Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Sergio Busquets and new recruit Alex Song, his former Gunners team-mate.

'Everybody likes to play every minute of the season,' he added.

'I've always said that I play for the best team in the world, but I came here to compete, to learn and enjoy, not to sit wracking my brains.

'The manager knows what I can offer. But across the three positions that I can play, I am competing with the three best players in the world.

'I'm delighted to be a part of this team but when a coach tells me I have to go, I'll go.

'But I will not make it easy for him to do so, by any means. I will keep going, looking forward to the time that things change. I came here to see out my career.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html

Wow, that's some serious toys out of the pram shit for a situation that was utterly predictable.

Would you have him back?

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Those cocksucker scumbag motherfucker cockroach leech **** fuck greedy bastard shitbag shareholders who just sold out and robbed the club of half a bill should kick half of it back and let us buy Cesc and Ronaldo and pay them for 4 years. The very fucking least they could do to repair the damage they have done. The very fucking least they could do.

Dream on, dream on. At least the ****s are old and will be dead soon enough.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
What a dummy. Most could see this happening from a mile off.

I can't work out if I would take him back or not, I can see the benefit at the top end of the pitch but something tells me, no, sod him.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2198316/Cesc-Fabregas-complains-life-Barcelona.html

Wow, that's some serious toys out of the pram shit for a situation that was utterly predictable.

Would you have him back?

No way we should take him back, as much as id want him to come back. The guy cried lied like a bitch to go there. That was his dream. well he made his bed so he can lie in it.

Injury Time
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Nah he can go fuck himself and after lots of being subbed he'll have the energy to do so, ungrateful **** the manager is extending his career :doh:

GP
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Do you hear that?

That's the sound of the worlds smallest violin.

Dennis Bendtner
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Wilshere---Arteta

Fabregas---Cazorla---Podolski

Giroud

Sexball, I'd call it.

I read at the time that Arsenal had a buy-back clause put in. Would be a decent panic buy. But if he moved elsewhere Arsenal would get half the money. Keep agitating, you little fuck. Works out well both ways.

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
All the players that have left us, he's the one i'd welcome back. I blame us for him leaving, he played with shit and its only now we're seeing SOME sort of change at the club.

GP
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
All the players that have left us, he's the one i'd welcome back. I blame us for him leaving, he played with shit and its only now we're seeing SOME sort of change at the club.

It's not even that. He just wanted to go home.

I don't begrudge him really, but sorry, we don't want you back Fralexander Hlebregas.

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I never blamed him tbh, each time barca came calling he came out and said he's happy and dismisses the rumours. He may of went on strike that summer but i can't really blame him.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I'd have him back for sure, especially with Arteta here to babysit him. He can go marauding and GHELing all he wants then.

He's a quality player ultimatley and I'm not going to turn my nose up at that. He never disrespected the club and in the unlikely circumstance that he'd like to return, I think Wenget would have him back as well.

January loan bid tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
It's not even that. He just wanted to go home.

I don't begrudge him really, but sorry, we don't want you back Fralexander Hlebregas.

Totally agree with this.

RomfordPele
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
But it would kill diaby...

GP
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
I'd have him back for sure, especially with Arteta here to babysit him. He can go maurading and GHELing all he wants then.

He's a quality player ultimatley and I'm not going to turn my nose up at that.

January loan bid tbf.

He'd come back here, too.
I reckon he knows he's fucked up. Oh well.

AKBapologist
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Straight swap with Walcott...

Xhaka Can’t
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
It aint going to happen.

But if it did, I'd be happy.

I fucking hate Barcelona, they are utter utter **** scum, but they are his boyhood Club and I can't blame anyone wanting to play for the Club they supported as a kid.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
He'd come back here, too.
I reckon he knows he's fucked up. Oh well.

It would obviously batter his ego but if he'd be willing to swallow his pride and return, I'd welcome him back.

Might even get a better level of performance out of him because he'd have it all to prove again.

It's a nice thought but it'll never happen.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
It will happen, for sure. Just like we won't be getting any injuries this season.

Ollie the Optimist
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
It aint going to happen.

But if it did, I'd be happy.

I fucking hate Barcelona, they are utter utter **** scum, but they are his boyhood Club and I can't blame anyone wanting to play for the Club they supported as a kid.

he supposdly went on strike and i think thats the problem, not wanting barca but the way he went about it allegdly. am sure if he just said sorry it would be ok.

tbh i would love him back. he is quality

Xhaka Can’t
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
he supposdly went on strike and i think thats the problem, not wanting barca but the way he went about it allegdly. am sure if he just said sorry it would be ok.

tbh i would love him back. he is quality

But would he go to heaven?

IBK
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Yes - I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

AKBapologist
04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
If he took a pay cut and joined us, then fine - tbh, unlike RVP, Cesc is pretty limited in where he'd go next. PSG, Italy? And don't for get his buy back cause...

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2012, 08:29 PM
But would he go to heaven?

Yes, but only after a purgatorial period of five centuries on the bench at Barca. Or 15 minutes playing for Stoke if he wasn't penitent.

fakeyank
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
All you guys saying there is a buy back clause.. where is this info coming from?

Dennis Bendtner
04-09-2012, 08:41 PM
All you guys saying there is a buy back clause.. where is this info coming from?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8703312/Arsenals-sense-of-loss-from-Cesc-Fabregas-departure-softened-by-clauses-in-his-Barcelona-contract.html

Arsenal basically turned him into someone very efficient and effective in the final third of the pitch. As he acknowledges himself, Tactregas will never have that degree of freedom with Messi and Iniesta in the team. He should probably man up and come back where he'd rack up shitloads of goals and assists again.

And as per other threads, we do want the best of the Spanish reserves...

Özil's Panoramic View
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Those cocksucker scumbag motherfucker cockroach leech **** fuck greedy bastard shitbag shareholders who just sold out and robbed the club of half a bill should kick half of it back and let us buy Cesc and Ronaldo and pay them for 4 years. The very fucking least they could do to repair the damage they have done. The very fucking least they could do.

Top poster on here without a doubt, you sir are a God.

Master Splinter
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure we have enough greaseballs in the team with Arsenal DNA to help him in his crusade to escape his current hell.

We don't have the world's shittest bald goalkeeper either to stick an Arsenal shirt on him.

Can't see this happening.

Although Tactregas could be a decent srtiking option off the bench, especially with his newly-found tactical nous.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
As for Francesc, arms are wide open.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-09-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8703312/Arsenals-sense-of-loss-from-Cesc-Fabregas-departure-softened-by-clauses-in-his-Barcelona-contract.html

Providing Fabregas wins one European Cup and two La Liga titles over the next five years, Arsenal will receive a further €6 million.

:popcorn:

Letters
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Course I'd want him back.
Not going to happen though so it's a moo point.

gooners
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
cesc was one of the best midfielders in spain last season -- and that is saying something considering his competition at barca alone!

he is going to have bad spells as he settles in.

and as he says himself, he is competing with the best players in the world for his position. HE KNEW THAT BEFORE HE WENT BACK.

non-story.

Power n Glory
04-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Yep, he's welcome back in my books.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
No way we should take him back, as much as id want him to come back. The guy cried lied like a bitch to go there. That was his dream. well he made his bed so he can lie in it.

this.

he was part of the problem. he was part of a weak-minded, pussyfied mentality we had at our club which ultimately led to winning fuck all.

he's in the past and we're looking to the future. a new generation and all.

no thanks.

Grebbo
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
In a heartbeat.

Surely one of Xavi/Imiesta must be on the decline soon? Can't think Cesc will have to wait too long tbh.

Master Splinter
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
In a heartbeat.

Surely one of Xavi/Imiesta must be on the decline soon? Can't think Cesc will have to wait too long tbh.

Imiesta :bow:.

Fabregas can't do what they can. He's not technically good enough or disciplined enough to control the game like Xavi. And he doesn't have the dribbling and effortless gliding of Iniesta. They'll be ahead of him for a while.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Fuck him

He cried and moaned about wanting to leave us to join those ****s.

And now he has, hes crying like a **** cos he cant get in to that ****ish team cos he isnt a bigger **** than the ****s ahead of him.

Him and RVC are the biggest ****s in world football if not ever and hope they both are taken out in ther next games.

fakeyank
05-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Dont need him.. he can fuck off tbh. I hope he doesnt get anymore playing time and loses his place in the Spanish team to Cazorla.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2012, 01:54 AM
:popcorn:

Lets hope we never get that money

Cripps_orig
05-09-2012, 01:57 AM
cesc was one of the best midfielders in spain last season -- and that is saying something considering his competition at barca alone!

he is going to have bad spells as he settles in.

and as he says himself, he is competing with the best players in the world for his position. HE KNEW THAT BEFORE HE WENT BACK.

non-story.

:lol:

Oh you were serious. In that case.....:haha:

He had a honeymoon period where i might add he was played up front cos in midfield he couldn't cut it but the honeymoon period ended and he was total and utter shit.

fari
05-09-2012, 02:32 AM
this.

he was part of the problem. he was part of a weak-minded, pussyfied mentality we had at our club which ultimately led to winning fuck all.

no thanks.

for real...we tried to do the suave ball thing but it seems that we need that little edge to our midfield.

-Xs-
05-09-2012, 04:53 AM
for real...we tried to do the suave ball thing but it seems that we need that little edge to our midfield.

One could say, we lacked that little bit of sharpness...

server too busy!
05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Is everyopne missing the bit at the end where he says 'I came here to see out my career'. He doesn't want to leave and nor will he ever come back, geez.

Boss
05-09-2012, 08:08 AM
No chance of him coming back, but of course I'd have him here again.

Never disrespected us and will be the best midfielder in world football in a couple years.

A must get.

I_Killed_Kenny
05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
he wont return but i too would take him back. arteta, caz and fabs, spanish wankfest!

LDG
05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
If we was to leave Barca, it wouldn't be for us.

He'd cost too much, and his wage demands would be too high.

He'd be off to City.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM

He'd be off to City.

Before van Purse I'd have been naive enough to say no way, our ex-captain would never shit on us like that. Now I wonder what's keeping them all from joining City. You're not a proper, ambitious player unless you are shitting on the fans from a great height.

Xhaka Can’t
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM

He'd be off to City.

Thing is though, his wage demands are not that high. He seems more concerned with playing for a team he loves.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Kano
05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
sure why not. he's no different to another other player that wears a football shirt so if he does what is needed on the pitch, bring him in.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-09-2012, 10:21 AM

He'd be off to City.

Nah his wage demands would be ok, as he say he loves this club etc. Only problem is once we got him you know we'd sell him to city in a year or so, go to balance those books.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Is everyopne missing the bit at the end where he says 'I came here to see out my career'. He doesn't want to leave and nor will he ever come back, geez.

No I think he means, that's what he intended to do - he also says he didn't go there to sit racking his brains but that is what has ended up happening. I just can't see what use they have for him right now, he's relying on injuries I reckon.

Power n Glory
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Best possible option - a loan move because once Xavi is gone, Cesc will want to go back and finish his career.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2012, 11:38 AM
So we let him fuck us over twice?

Fuck that

He cried like a bitch for a move. He got it and he doesnt like it now. Fuck him. Hope he rots

Syn
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Nah, don't want him he's a penis.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Best possible option - a loan move because once Xavi is gone, Cesc will want to go back and finish his career.

I can see how a loan move would lift the fans and the dressing room. But once he left in a year we'd have that same feeling.

So we let him fuck us over twice?

Fuck that

He cried like a bitch for a move. He got it and he doesnt like it now. Fuck him.

Pretty much

Syn
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
This was always going to happen. Hes not a Barcelona player at all. If he's one of the best around its because of his running power, not technique. We can't fit him in to what we're trying but we'd change our system to suit him because he's good enough to warrant that. Barcelona won't change. Cesc should've stayed, he's English not Spanish.

gooners
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM
No I think he means, that's what he intended to do - he also says he didn't go there to sit racking his brains but that is what has ended up happening. I just can't see what use they have for him right now, he's relying on injuries I reckon.

You have missed the entire point.

All he said in that article was that when he is on the bench he is not happy. Which player is? Oh i forgot there is chamakh!

And he says he is competiting with the best players for his 3 positions. He knew he wasnt going to go there and dislodge xavi,iniesta,busquets,pedro,villa just like that.

All that he is saying in that article is that it is challenging -- but of course he is aware of that and accepts that.

I am sure if the sun published that article about arsenal it would have been parsed and dismissed to death.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
You have missed the entire point.

All he said in that article was that when he is on the bench he is not happy. Which player is? Oh i forgot there is chamakh!

And he says he is competiting with the best players for his 3 positions. He knew he wasnt going to go there and dislodge xavi,iniesta,busquets,pedro,villa just like that.

All that he is saying in that article is that it is challenging -- but of course he is aware of that and accepts that.

I am sure if the sun published that article about arsenal it would have been parsed and dismissed to death.

No because you place that in to the context of his recent performances too, he started on Sunday but still looked absolutely miserable and all of that shows in his game, nothing is coming off for him. He's not going to accept it forever. Barring injuries, I don't see much of a change in store for him. We're judging him by the yardstick of how he was for us, not how it is going there.

It's not that he's going to dislodge him just like that; the most pertinent thing is, he's not going to dislodge them.

GP
05-09-2012, 12:37 PM
No because you place that in to the context of his recent performances too, he started on Sunday but still looked absolutely miserable and all of that shows in his game, nothing is coming off for him. He's not going to accept it forever. Barring injuries, I don't see much of a change in store for him. We're judging him by the yardstick of how he was for us, not how it is going there.

It's not that he's going to dislodge him just like that; the most pertinent thing is, he's not going to dislodge them.

And when they shit the next one out, he'll be in the queue before Cesc anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Indeed. And if it's not Sergi Roberto or Thiago that takes over from Xavi, it might well be Busquets. Cesc is too far gone from that role anyway now.

gooners
05-09-2012, 12:45 PM

I dont think any player is going to go to barca and dislodge any of their current players in the first eleven.

I made this point in another thread --- barca is a very well oiled machine. The team they've got at tje minute is a once in a lifetime team. And unless any coach is stupid enough they are not going to just tamper with it needlessly.

Cesc will bide his time - and he is aware and accepts this. An injury to xavi and he is got the chance s to stamp his mark in his role. He is different from xavi which means the rest of the team will have to be adapted slightly -- something no coach will do at this stage when there is no need for it.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 12:57 PM
He isn't the automatic next choice for that role you seem to think he is, regardless of how he might differ from Xavi. Like I have mentioned a gazillion times, Thiago probably is. He made just as many appearances as Cesc did roughly, only he wasn't played as a second striker. And as you concur, in all likelihood, Tito is not going to change that.

You say he will bide his time but I don't know how you can be that confident, he has already spoken out on radio of his displeasure and he has only had a 'rough time' of it for about six months!

It's clear to me, he made a career decision based on emotion and that always carries a danger when it involves going to another team.

gooners
05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
He isn't the automatic next choice for that role you seem to think he is, regardless of how he might differ from Xavi. Like I have mentioned a gazillion times, Thiago probably is. He made just as many appearances as Cesc did roughly, only he wasn't played as a second striker. And as you concur, in all likelihood, Tito is not going to change that.

You say he will bide his time but I don't know how you can be that confident, he has already spoken out on radio of his displeasure and he has only had a 'rough time' of it for about six months!

It's clear to me, he made a career decision based on emotion and that always carries a danger when it involves going to another team.

Your last point seems to be the only lens you want to see cesc through. So i guess i have give up because you are going to great lengths to invalidate his decision to move to barca.

He wont be happy with being subbed and he wont be happy sitting on the bench. i dont know why this is some big talking point. When all of barcas first eleven is fit he will be on the bench. Knowing this is little consolation to any footballer. He says this in the article -- and goes on to say he is at barca to stay!

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
It's not me that invalidated it. It was changing the system to accomodate him, which was to the benefit of he as a player initially but ultimately to the detriment of the team; for that reason it's why Guardiola called him anarchic and asked him to perform a different role, a role he was not able to contribute in the same way as before. He himself is 'invalidating' it because he doesn't make mention of the trophies he won last season, he is only talking about how he feels, not about what they did or did not achieve as a team.

You side him with any other footballer being displeased with lack of playing time which is fine but just like any other player, if it continues (and I can't see why it won't), he'll leave.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Of all the ones that jumped the good ship Arsenal. . .he is the most welcome!

He kept his mouth satisfactorily shut during the whole fiasco and didnt harp on about trophies, money etc although I am sure they were somewhere in the equation. He wanted to go back to his boyhood club and most accepted that, would have preferred him to see out his contract but when the wheels started in motion there wasnt much we could do.

I think that a Cesc returning to this Arsenal would make us a better team than had he returned to last years squad, although where would he fit in is a good question, cause Santi is proving to be the new darling. . .Cesc Jan loan? Would be interesting!

Fats
05-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I said a couple of years before he went that he would be a benchwarmer at best and that he was far to inconsistant and lazy for the modern Barca player. He has never had a good full season in his whole career.

I think he will leave eventually as he will never be good enough to take over a Xavi role. He is more a support striker now anyhow. No disipline or tactical nouse.

Having said that I would take him back.

Xhaka Can’t
05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
It might be interesting to have a poll on this, even though it wouldnt happen.

Can one of the mods add a poll to this?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Will do.

Xhaka Can’t
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks Maccy.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I dont think any player is going to go to barca and dislodge any of their current players in the first eleven.

I made this point in another thread --- barca is a very well oiled machine. The team they've got at tje minute is a once in a lifetime team. And unless any coach is stupid enough they are not going to just tamper with it needlessly.

Cesc will bide his time - and he is aware and accepts this. An injury to xavi and he is got the chance s to stamp his mark in his role. He is different from xavi which means the rest of the team will have to be adapted slightly -- something no coach will do at this stage when there is no need for it.

Thats the problem he should not have to bide his time he should be a stater by now hence why he went there not to wait 5 years before he has a chance to be a started ot be Xavi's replacement.

Like maccy said his decsion to go there was emotional and had he thought with his head he'd have knows waiting a couple of years then going would have been better for him.

Its like Sinclair going to city then moaning about it cause he never has game time etc when it was obvious he was going to be on the bench.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
this.

no thanks.

He was also a petulant little shit, but he was our petulant lil shit.

LDG
05-09-2012, 02:42 PM
He was also a petchulant little shit, but he was our petchulant lil shit.

Petchulance :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Petchulance :bow:

Yeah yeah yeah.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
:)

jelgoon
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Theyre not that old. Old Etonians like Hill Wood ( the one I really hate) live into their 90s cos they are so rich and priveleged that they have had very little stress in their lives. Hill Wood even said yesterday in the Standard interview that he is going to stay until he is completely senile. Hold on - shouldnt that be now then?

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
It might be interesting to have a poll on this, even though it wouldnt happen.

Can one of the mods add a poll to this?

He originally said he'd probably stay in Barca for 18 months and then come back to Arsenal. No reason to doubt him. He said he go to Barca, he went. He said he'd come back so that's what he'll do.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Theyre not that old. Old Etonians like Hill Wood ( the one I really hate) live into their 90s cos they are so rich and priveleged that they have had very little stress in their lives. Hill Wood even said yesterday in the Standard interview that he is going to stay until he is completely senile. Hold on - shouldnt that be now then?

Well if I stop drinking every night (and day) and sniffing glue and shooting oven cleaner they'll die before me and I'll be able to celebrate.

gooners
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Thats the problem he should not have to bide his time he should be a stater by now hence why he went there not to wait 5 years before he has a chance to be a started ot be Xavi's replacement.

Like maccy said his decsion to go there was emotional and had he thought with his head he'd have knows waiting a couple of years then going would have been better for him.

Its like Sinclair going to city then moaning about it cause he never has game time etc when it was obvious he was going to be on the bench.

cesc was not moaning!

press: are you happy coming of the bench?

cesc: absolutley fucking not! why should i be? but i am in competition with the best players in the world for my position so there is nothing to complain about. I knew that would be the case so i accept the challenge and i am here to stay.

press: you didnt seem happy coming off during the match against valencia?

cesc:absolutley fucking not! why should i be? but i am in competition with the best players in the world for my position so there is nothing to complain about. I knew that would be the case so i accept the challenge and i am here to stay.

******end of story****

GP
05-09-2012, 06:20 PM

:gp:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM

footballers don't have any common sense. if they did they wouldn't be a footballer.

Cripps_orig
06-09-2012, 12:40 AM
n

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
office workers don't have any common sense. if they did they'd be a footballer.

Fixed it

Fist of Lehmann
06-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I wonder, a season or so on, whether those who thought Fabregas slowed our play down too much, are those who'd have him back now?

He's a top, top player. But so influential that our style of play would have to evolve again.

Anyway, it's moo in my view.

AKBapologist
06-09-2012, 03:35 PM
The way Fabregas plays for spain is the way I'd want him to play at Arsenal, less deep laying playmaker, more front free, incisive wide forward. With him and Cazorla interchanging, and Cesc using is new found talent for scoring, we'd then be a top center forward away from being as good as the invincibles (aibeit a completely different style of play)

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 03:48 PM
He was often partnered by garbage in the middle for us, players like Arteta and Cozola were the ones we needed to sign 3-4 years ago to play with him. I think he'd slot in well in the current set up, I could easily see him doing what Scholes did 10 years ago with those runs into the box.

Syn
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM
The position Cesc would have to take is Giroud's. Go all out 4-6-0.

That's what I hope we do if Wilshere's not broken ( :haha: ), in which case we send Oxlade in the false-but-little-bit-true-as-well-you-know no.9 position. Cesc would be even better.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-09-2012, 03:58 PM
He was often partnered by garbage in the middle for us, players like Arteta and Cozola were the ones we needed to sign 3-4 years ago to play with him. I think he'd slot in well in the current set up, I could easily see him doing what Scholes did 10 years ago with those runs into the box.

good point.

if he wasn't stuck with a shower of shit we may have won something.

Syn
06-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Yup, inspired.

LDG
06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
good point.

if he wasn't stuck with a shower of shit we may have won something.

Just think. When he comes back, we will have sold Cazorla, and most of the rest of the team.

Ceac :pal:

GP
06-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Ceac :bow:

V-Pig
06-09-2012, 04:14 PM
:bow:

LDG
06-09-2012, 04:21 PM
:lol:

<_<

V-Pig