PDA

View Full Version : Wobbers. Brave or Cowardly?

Letters
06-09-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-19503922

The prime minister has said burglars are "cowards" after a judge described a drug-addicted serial thief as "courageous".

I'm with the judge tbh. Not in a way that should be admired but it's a pretty ballsy thing to do IMO.

GP
06-09-2012, 10:07 AM
It takes a greater strength of character to work hard for things in life.

Syn
06-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Smokers are jokers IMO.

V-Pig
06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Point of order...

Robbery is different crime from burglary, although they both centre around simple theft.

:geek:

V-Pig
06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
What a non-story though, tbh:

The judge reportedly told the offender: "It takes a huge amount of courage, as far as I can see, for somebody to burgle somebody's house. I wouldn't have the nerve."

Speaking to ITV's Daybreak programme, Mr Cameron said: "I haven't seen the specific case.

"Judges sometimes say things that, you have to read the full context and the rest of it.

"But I'm very clear; burglary is not bravery, burglary is cowardice, burglary is a hateful crime.

So Cameron doesn't know the context anyway. It seems unlikely that the judge was actually praising the male for his burglary-related actions.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-19503922

I'm with the judge tbh. Not in a way that should be admired but it's a pretty ballsy thing to do IMO.

Depends.

If the criminal has nothing to lose and is driven desperation, then being ballsy has nothing to do with it.

If you were to do it for a "dare", then it would take some guts because you'd have everything to lose.

GP
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
The charge is bank robbery. Now, my caddie's chauffeur informs me that a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested. Therefore, robbing a bank is tantamount to that most heinous of crimes, theft of money.

V-Pig
06-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry, I thought you was corn.

Hump
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Stupid springs to mind, I can't believe there's a house in Redcar with anything worth nicking