PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Sanga?

Pages : [1] 2

AKBapologist
06-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Arsenal's Bacary Sagna questions sales of Robin Van Persie and Alex Song
• France full-back says sales leave 'a lot of questions'
• Sagna: 'I understand why the supporters are nervous'

Bacary Sagna has questioned Arsenal's decision to sell two key players before the new season. Photograph: Glyn Kirk/AFP/Getty Images
The Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna feels the sales of their former captain Robin van Persie and the midfielder Alex Song have left "a lot of questions".

The France full-back, who is currently recovering from a broken leg, said he does not understand why the club chose to lose two key players in quick succession before the start of the new season.

Speaking to L'Equipe, Sagna said: "Everyone was expecting Robin van Persie to leave, but Alex Song, that was a surprise. I don't understand that at all. It is a big loss for the club.

"When you see two of the best players from last season leave, you ask a lot of questions. I understand why the supporters are nervous."

The 29-year-old Sagna was signed from Auxerre four years ago, and in that time has seen several of his team-mates leave, including Gaël Clichy and Samir Nasri, who went on to win the Premier League title with Manchester City.

He continued: "I am the only starting player left from 2007. In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir and Gaël lift the trophy. I want that [feeling]."

The France defender will be entering the final year of his current deal at the end of the season, and maintains as yet there has been no talk over an extension.

He said: "For the moment, I want to play with Arsenal, and find my level again."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/06/arsenal-bacary-sagna-persie-song
:violin:

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Another one bites the dust.

LDG
06-09-2012, 11:52 AM
8 million?

Kano
i'm sure this is not the clubs fault either...

LDG
Also

Sanga :bow:

Syn
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
New contract. At 29 with 2 seasons (inc. this) left on this contract?

http://arseblogg.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/wenger-smile.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
06-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Indeed, Sanga. :bow:

He should STFU though.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
if anyone needs any reassurances as to how the youth project is still affecting us then look at mr sagna's comments. inadvertently doubting our ability to win trophies, all of which stem from the fact we haven't won anything for so long thanks to a dumbfounded loyalty to a flawed youth project. he looks at former teammates who have gone on and won titles at other clubs and wonders why he shouldn't do the same. don't blame him tbh.

letting the contract run down for the best RB in the league if not europe :lol:

what an embarrassment.

Joker
06-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm sure if (when) he leaves the Arsenal propaganda machine fronted by Arseblog will be spreading stories about his unprofessionalism, bad attitude, disruptive influence etc.

Kano
06-09-2012, 12:27 PM
oh dear. now that's embarrassing.

Özim
06-09-2012, 12:35 PM
ROFL

selassie
06-09-2012, 12:37 PM
He'll be gone soon.

Kyle?
06-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm sure if (when) he leaves the Arsenal propaganda machine fronted by Arseblog will be spreading stories about his unprofessionalism, bad attitude, disruptive influence etc.

I'd love to see them try. It's common knowledge he's a model pro.

Fist of Lehmann
06-09-2012, 12:54 PM
"In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir and Gaël lift their petrodollars. I want that [feeling]."

Indeed.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 01:05 PM
New contract. At 29 with 2 seasons (inc. this) left on this contract?

http://arseblogg.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/wenger-smile.jpg

http://www.oohtobeagooner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Ivan-Gazidis-150x141.jpg

Kyle?
06-09-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.oohtobeagooner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Ivan-Gazidis-150x141.jpg

Oh my god, it's Kojak.

The Ogg Monster
06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Hes clearly not going anywhere

Injury Time
06-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Hes clearly not going anywhere
until Janaury

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 01:50 PM
You're right, we have no reason to be concerned over a player entering his penultimate year who has questioned the goings on at the club and specifically mentioned his mates who have left and won something.

Grebbo
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
What a twat. Keep your thoughts to yourself and then fuck off, don't start spouting off to the press.

Us fans are sick of hearing shit like this.

If you don't like it then piss off you fag.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Harsh, I have just as much right to post here as you.

Grebbo
06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
:lol:

LDG
06-09-2012, 02:29 PM

:haha:

Özim
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
He pretty much saying it as he see's it, we've had plenty of players say the same thing for quite some time now (maybe the management and board should start listening).

If he leaves, which he probably will judging from those words, he leaves......part of the course with us now. We're use to losing 2 1st teamers every summer, will probably carry on for the foreseeable future until we have noone anyone wants.

Never mind, pretty use to it now.

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Neither the players or the club give a flying fuck about the fans. So I ignore it when I hear players talking on my behalf. Whatever they are saying, the motive is cash. Always cash. Same with the club. When they say they want to do well by the fans it means the ticket prices are going up and the capatin is being sold. That's all. Players and staff - all shit.

Kano
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
i heard the canteen staff are alryte

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 02:48 PM

No - they are utter ****s.

Kano
06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
you got milk instead of cream right?

Fist of Lehmann
06-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Sure, just don't ask for flaming sambuca.

AKBapologist
06-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Ollie the Optimist
06-09-2012, 03:59 PM
i think these quotes are spun a bit by the media to make us look more in crisis and i think i have osme relative proof for it.

back when chelsea won the champions league in may, sagna tweeted during the presentation, that he wanted that feeling with Arsenal and would work harder next year (this season) to make it happen.

now i cant remember the actual tweet but it was basically what i just said, thats a more posistive quote then the one said today by the media as it makes out he wants to leave, however his twitter is from him to us with no one in between to spin it.

fakeyank
06-09-2012, 04:11 PM

jelgoon
06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
He's fucked off and, if he wants to say so, it its up to him.Im not sick of hearing `shit like this' in fact we need more of it to make the board change driection very quickly.

QUOTE=Grebbo;189665]What a twat. Keep your thoughts to yourself and then fuck off, don't start spouting off to the press.

Us fans are sick of hearing shit like this.

If you don't like it then piss off you fag.[/QUOTE]

jelgoon
06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I disagree that the players are solely motivated by cash. Players like Sagna want to win things - thats the motivation

Neither the players or the club give a flying fuck about the fans. So I ignore it when I hear players talking on my behalf. Whatever they are saying, the motive is cash. Always cash. Same with the club. When they say they want to do well by the fans it means the ticket prices are going up and the capatin is being sold. That's all. Players and staff - all shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 04:32 PM
. Keep your thoughts to yourself and then fuck off, don't start spouting off to the press.

This, I know where he is comming from, but he knew once song has gone what he was staying with, if he so unhappy then put in a transfer request.

If he that daft to come out with this then he better be prepared to sit on the bench this season.

He'll deffo be sold next season anways. i expect the links to Barca/Real/Mancs/Chavs to start soon.

Keith
06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
It was hello for me as I just waved to him in his Bentley

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
i think these quotes are spun a bit by the media to make us look more in crisis and i think i have osme relative proof for it.

back when chelsea won the champions league in may, sagna tweeted during the presentation, that he wanted that feeling with Arsenal and would work harder next year (this season) to make it happen.

now i cant remember the actual tweet but it was basically what i just said, thats a more posistive quote then the one said today by the media as it makes out he wants to leave, however his twitter is from him to us with no one in between to spin it.

We had not sold song then or RVP so its clearly new Quotes but expect him to deny it this week as he will.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Not a huge Sagna fan and he can be replaced but that's not the point. Each time we sell a player, it's like we're passing on an infection. We can't start a fresh this way. I hear people justify the sales by saying these guys have been failures and won nothing with their loser mentality, but fail to connect the dots. We're always playing catch up when we keep selling. It's a cycle and if we sell Sagna, that doubt and negativity moves on to another batch of players and of we go without silverware again....wash and repeat.

Also, why haven't the club opened contract talks with him? We're a slow club. Was watching Sunday Supplement and according to one of the journalist's, we were slow to open talks with Theo on his contract deal. There has been some bullshit being spread (Arseblog) suggesting Theo's people pulled out of the talks but I remember with Theo's last contract, he was eager to sign a new deal and they were taking their time. He said they shouldn't take him granted and assume he's going to sign a deal. Now you look what Sagna has said, what Song was saying and it doesn't look good. We're dragging our heels with this and the club need to step their game up.

gooners
06-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Not a huge Sagna fan and he can be replaced but that's not the point. Each time we sell a player, it's like we're passing on an infection. We can't start a fresh this way. I hear people justify the sales by saying these guys have been failures and won nothing with their loser mentality, but fail to connect the dots. We're always playing catch up when we keep selling. It's a cycle and if we sell Sagna, that doubt and negativity moves on to another batch of players and of we go without silverware again....wash and repeat.

Also, why haven't the club opened contract talks with him? We're a slow club. Was watching Sunday Supplement and according to one of the journalist's, we were slow to open talks with Theo on his contract deal. There has been some bullshit being spread (Arseblog) suggesting Theo's people pulled out of the talks but I remember with Theo's last contract, he was eager to sign a new deal and they were taking their time. He said they shouldn't take him granted and assume he's going to sign a deal. Now you look what Sagna has said, what Song was saying and it doesn't look good. We're dragging our heels with this and the club need to step their game up.

:blah:

AFC rules! Come on Arsenal!!!!!! :scarf:

:wink:

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 06:45 PM

:gp:

The only thing i can think of maybe the clube may not want to give him a new deal while he seems to get injured alot. however IMo we have jenkinson and yannris. So selling sagan for a profit is something they probs will do.

You can't blame Sagna for thinking he will be the next one pushed out the door.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Who still believes Song was moved on because of an attitude problem?

GP
06-09-2012, 06:55 PM

Everyone.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Everyone.

Everyone is on crack.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Don't know and don't care. no use crying over spilt milk.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 07:04 PM

There are plenty people who make up or exacerbate excuses to absolve the club of any potential incompetence.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 07:06 PM
There are plenty people who make up or exacerbate excuses to absolve the club of any potential incompetence.

Yep, and well played on your earlier post - funny as fuck.

Syn
06-09-2012, 07:31 PM
@wengerknowsbest:

I must say, I am not surprised Bacary Sagna was surprised that we let Alex Song join Barcelona. Song was surprised too.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 07:45 PM
@wengerknowsbest:

gunnerrrrr
06-09-2012, 08:31 PM
stupid timing from Sagna.

After our Liverpool perfromance you can see the confidence coming back, and that is HUGE....wtf is the point of these comments now?

Only thing that this highlights is how shit Gadizas is, how can we not have approached him to renew his deal?

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Absolute bollocks put out by the club and certain blogsites.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 09:04 PM
stupid timing from Sagna.

After our Liverpool perfromance you can see the confidence coming back, and that is HUGE....wtf is the point of these comments now?

Only thing that this highlights is how shit Gadizas is, how can we not have approached him to renew his deal?

Either to get a new bumper deal or to highlight how shit the club is run. either way i agree he was dumb to come out with it now. Even RVP did not say nout till the season had finished.

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM

Yeah. Why not? What difference does it make?

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah. Why not? What difference does it make?

None.

You're still the **** you always were.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 09:10 PM
None.

I miss you being a mod tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Absolute bollocks put out by the club and certain blogsites.

Didn't Wenger say it was his choice anyways.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 09:12 PM

I miss you being a mod tbh.

I miss moderating your posts.

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
None.

Consistency.

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I miss moderating your posts.

I miss pissing on your parade.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I miss pissing on your parade.

We had a gay old time.

Ollie the Optimist
06-09-2012, 09:27 PM

i cant see why else we would sell him tbh. it wasnt a contract issue, because he had 3 years left and there is no way we should be even considering neogeoatiing his contract until next year at the earliest, given that gibbs, kos, rvp, theo, sagna all had hit two or one year left.

he used his contract to get more money and blackmail the club, hoping that they would see the threat of him leaving and just throw money at him. the club turned this around and tested his loyalty by asking him to wait till september after we have dealt with transfers and more urgent contracts first. song claimed he loved us and always wanted to stay yet he clearly didnt because he would have said, fine sort out the more urgent things first then deal with me. he didnt, he wanted more money and started being disruptive so the club said fuck off.

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
No, the club balanced the books. Plain and simple.

Ollie the Optimist
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM

i really dont think they did this time, i think there is more evidence supporting my theory then yours. song was sold for acting like a prick

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
you have no evidence at all.

Ollie the Optimist
06-09-2012, 09:38 PM
you have no evidence at all.

in terms of basically all the media running that story, song denying it and claiming it was because we wouldnt open talks suggests it more to favour my theory then balancing books one.

im not saying i have evidence, however i just mean that the story of song being unprofesional has been doing the rounds both on twitter as well as the media. his agent denying it adds fuel to the fire imo.

Xhaka Can’t
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
in terms of basically all the media running that story, song denying it and claiming it was because we wouldnt open talks suggests it more to favour my theory then balancing books one.

I never realised you had such a cast iron case.

My mistake.

Ollie the Optimist
06-09-2012, 09:41 PM

My mistake.

ive never said i have a cast iron case. all i said was this is my theory, from waht hte media have been saying etc. belive what you want, i will believe what i want. dont give a fuck anymore.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 09:58 PM

We were always going to Balance the books whether song went or not, we always knew too top players would go, we knew RVP would and most would have said Theo too which would have been enough to balance the books.

Likes its been Said it was the clubs decison to sell Song that does not mean he never wanted to leave once Barca came calling.

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 09:59 PM

My mistake.

It's really comical. We made a profit in the window again and that's what I'm going on.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
ive never said i have a cast iron case. all i said was this is my theory, from waht hte media have been saying etc. belive what you want, i will believe what i want. dont give a fuck anymore.

think its a case of both tbh

song acted like a c*nt then barca showed interest

if he was disruptive then it was the perfect opportunity to sell

if we wanted to balance our spending then it was the perfect opportunity to sell

either way he's a c*nt

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
We were always going to Balance the books whether song went or not, we always knew too top players would go, we knew RVP would and most would have said Theo too which would have been enough to balance the books.

Likes its been Said it was the clubs decison to sell Song that does not mean he never wanted to leave once Barca came calling.

The desire to balance the books was greater than keeping a hold of one of our best players. That's the issue. We have no resolve in these sort of situations and this was handled badly. We didn't want to tie him down to a longer contract and we didn't value him as a player.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM

im not saying i have evidence, however i just mean that the story of song being unprofesional has been doing the rounds both on twitter as well as the media. his agent denying it adds fuel to the fire imo.

Ollie the only source of the story was that AFC bloke, all the media did was relay it. None of us have a clue what went on but it would be naive to think the club was innocent.

Kano
06-09-2012, 10:26 PM
It's really comical. We made a profit in the window again and that's what I'm going on.

exactly. that is the only evidence we have.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 10:28 PM
think its a case of both tbh

song acted like a c*nt then barca showed interest

if he was disruptive then it was the perfect opportunity to sell

if we wanted to balance our spending then it was the perfect opportunity to sell

either way he's a c*nt

Think you have something there tbh. We all know the club would balance the books maybe this gave them the opportunity they needed and it would not look bad on them.

The desire to balance the books was greater than keeping a hold of one of our best players. That's the issue. We have no resolve in these sort of situations and this was handled badly. We didn't want to tie him down to a longer contract and we didn't value him as a player.

Why should we have he had 3 years on his deal and had no need to discuss a new deal yet, this could have been sorted this year.

Now Theo on the other hand is a diffrent matter.

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Give the ****s in charge the slightest excuse or encouragement and they'll sell. If it hadn't been Song it would have been Walcott. They make profits every year by selling so no surprise this year was more of the same. Or they are absolutely desperate to spend on players but Wenger won't let them and instead prefers to see the team sold off for a profit that doesn't even benefit him but does make him look like a failure and a ****. Whichever reason you prefer.

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Think you have something there tbh. We all know the club would balance the books maybe this gave them the opportunity they needed and it would not look bad on them.

Why should we have he had 3 years on his deal and had no need to discuss a new deal yet, this could have been sorted this year.

Now Theo on the other hand is a diffrent matter.

So it makes sense to sell a player with three years left on his contract? We didn't value him as a player.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
So it makes sense to sell a player with three years left on his contract? We didn't value him as a player.

Nope it does not make sense to sell a player with 3 years on his deal for £15 Million, when we should have got at least £10 mill more. Or to the fact we could have sold him for the same next season.

We all know he wanted more money thats clear and mabe he started acting out and the board and manager saw it easy to sell and Balance the books at the same time.

Power n Glory
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
All too easy to start a rumour that becomes fact. the clubs trying to cover their own ass.

Özim
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
The tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa Claus. Rumour has it the Sandman does as well, but some say that's one of Wenger's well known smokescreens.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Sajma :wave:

Kano
07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
From today:

Ideally, those doubts wouldn't be made as public but I don't imagine that Sagna sat down and said 'Today I will talk to a journalist about my concerns over Arsenal's transfer policy'. I suspect he's answering questions put to him in a pre-arranged interview and I guess he's just being honest and making public his worries about the way players are sold and seemingly not replaced. But this is the same Sagna who was lauding Diaby after his performance against Liverpool so he's hardly sitting at home self-harming himself in the face because of it all.

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

we tied him down to a five year contract two years ago. we had more urgent things to deal with this summer then some **** who wants more money. how can you moan about the club not tieing plaeyrs down when they had given a player a five year contract and he wanted a new one a year into it when his agent fucked up

Letters
07-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Oscar Wildean wit as always

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Ollie the only source of the story was that AFC bloke, all the media did was relay it. None of us have a clue what went on but it would be naive to think the club was innocent.

if the media have just repeated what he said then fine, nothing, but if i remember correctly one or two of them ran the story before afcamden did. could br wrong but pretty sure im not.

also just look at wengers quotes about song, he has never been like that before with a departing player, it all just suggest to me that this wasnt a balacning the books sale.

this is just one quote from his press conference when song left
“It is always the decision of both the club and the player when somebody is sold, but Song *expressed a desire to go to *Barcelona. It is *frustrating when players decide they want to move on, but we have learned to deal with that. The *financial potential of some clubs is massive.”

so that quote shows my theory is more likely to be correct taht song wanted to leave and started bragging about it at training if the media are to be believed. it now comes down ot believe wenger or not.

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
From today:

Ideally, those doubts wouldn't be made as public but I don't imagine that Sagna sat down and said 'Today I will talk to a journalist about my concerns over Arsenal's transfer policy'. I suspect he's answering questions put to him in a pre-arranged interview and I guess he's just being honest and making public his worries about the way players are sold and seemingly not replaced. But this is the same Sagna who was lauding Diaby after his performance against Liverpool so he's hardly sitting at home self-harming himself in the face because of it all.

nothing wrong with that, balanced from both sides and doesnt call one shit etc.

bignev
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Sagna says what we are all thinking.

Why is everyone so up in arms about this? Why aren't players allowed to have an opinion on the club they play for?

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Why is everyone so up in arms about this? Why aren't players allowed to have an opinion on the club they play for?

Because they are paid a fortune to shut their pie hole and get on with the job. We are paid fucking peanuts which we then have to throw at these players in the hope we'll distract them from moving to another club. Why are all the rules in the favour of players? They want normal employment conditions even though their job is completely abnormal, but they don't want all those conditions, just the good shit. If you gave a negative interview to the local paper about your firm you'd be in the manager's office and he'd have grounds to kick you out the door. Good luck trying to sack Sagna, he'd be even richer if those sort of normal conditions really applied. He might be right, he might be wrong, most likely somewhere in the middle and we all know this club is run by uber-shits. Why don't the players just shut up and get on with training/ recovery?

Power n Glory
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I really don't agree with that. It's why I can't stand Wenger these days. No integrity.

Letters
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM

They're allowed to have an opinion, is it helpful of them to spout it to the nearest journalist?

Özim
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
So if Wenger says something it's because someone asked him the question, but if a player does they're a pr*ck and should shut the f*ck up. I personally think they should all shup up but since the manager spouts sh*t to the press all the time don't see why the players can't...maybe he should set a better example.

I don't see what's wrong with what he's said anyway, players have been calling for us to spend and bring in quality for years, we do the opposite and sell our best players...hence the reason RVP decided it was time to move on.

Good to see Wenger's own players continue to doubt the methods, if hsi own team has doubts how does he expect us to compete?

Özim
07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
we tied him down to a five year contract two years ago. we had more urgent things to deal with this summer then some **** who wants more money. how can you moan about the club not tieing plaeyrs down when they had given a player a five year contract and he wanted a new one a year into it when his agent fucked up
Urgent things...what you mean like selling of two of our first teamers?

Fact is if we want to hold onto players we need to start contract talks early, experience should tell us that. Start with a year or two left and you're already in trouble....those are the hard facts.

If we want to keep hold of players we should be negotiating with them with 2 to 3 years left on their contracts to make sure we don't lose them.

Had we done with others, we'd have a) got a lot more money or b) not sold them.

This summer really takes the biscuit for me, it appears on the face of it that they planned to make a few signings to make sure season tickets etc are sold, once done they sell off two players and make sure we make a tidy profit. F*cking sickening to be honest.

Letters
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM
So if Wenger says something it's because someone asked him the question
As ever you twist and shift goalposts, desperate for any way of attacking Wenger. I bet you hated our win on Sunday.
The pretty clear difference, and you know this of course, is that Wenger isn't saying negative things.
He comes out with some shit, I'll give you that, but at least it's positive shit about out players.
There's nothing wrong with what Sagna said in the sense that he's obviously right. Whether he needs to express it so publicly though, I don't see how that helps us.

Özim
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
As ever you twist and shift goalposts, desperate for any way of attacking Wenger. I bet you hated our win on Sunday.
The pretty clear difference, and you know this of course, is that Wenger isn't saying negative things.
He comes out with some shit, I'll give you that, but at least it's positive shit about out players.
There's nothing wrong with what Sagna said in the sense that he's obviously right. Whether he needs to express it so publicly though, I don't see how that helps us.
I'm not twisting anything, people defend Wenger all the time when he makes comments (even if they're are stupid and ridiculous), but players aren't allowed to voice what are genuine opinions on the direction of the club.

Maybe the problem is that the club just don't give a damn about what the players or the fans think and that may well be the reason we lose so many players, he may well have said it out of frustration at the club never changing things. I don't really see how this changes anything or is negative to be honest, he's stating the obvious, everyone knows what he says is true.

We need a change and the more people that voice their concerns about it the better IMO, most fans seem to scared to do anything.

GP
07-09-2012, 12:37 PM
If I publicly criticised the company I work for I'm pretty sure they'd call that gross misconduct and I'd soon find myself on the dole.

It makes no difference if what Sagna has said is true or not. He should keep his bitch mouth shut.

Letters
07-09-2012, 12:38 PM
We need a change and the more people that voice their concerns about it the better IMO, most fans seem to scared to do anything.
What do you think the fans should do?

bignev
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Well yes Sagna probably should have kept quiet but this is a footballer. They are generally stupid.

The vitriol on here is way over the top.

Maybe what Wenger needs is someone close to him (ie. in his team) to actually force this point home. RVP said the same thing.

Perhaps Wenger will finally get the message that top 4 is not enough.

Kano
07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
i think when the clubs owners have so blatantly shown disrespect for the fans and pissed away any sort of integrity left, then i don't think it makes a difference what a player says. the message from the very top is exactly the same.

the players are ****s. football owners are ****s. let them all fuck each other over and if people want to pay to see the results of that every week, then go for it.

jelgoon
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
You're right to a certain extent. Problem is that he's absolutely right in what he's saying. Whatever people think on here, a lot of top players like RVP and Sagna do want success as much as money (and we are no longer a successful club.

Because they are paid a fortune to shut their pie hole and get on with the job. We are paid fucking peanuts which we then have to throw at these players in the hope we'll distract them from moving to another club. Why are all the rules in the favour of players? They want normal employment conditions even though their job is completely abnormal, but they don't want all those conditions, just the good shit. If you gave a negative interview to the local paper about your firm you'd be in the manager's office and he'd have grounds to kick you out the door. Good luck trying to sack Sagna, he'd be even richer if those sort of normal conditions really applied. He might be right, he might be wrong, most likely somewhere in the middle and we all know this club is run by uber-shits. Why don't the players just shut up and get on with training/ recovery?

Özim
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
If I publicly criticised the company I work for I'm pretty sure they'd call that gross misconduct and I'd soon find myself on the dole.

It makes no difference if what Sagna has said is true or not. He should keep his bitch mouth shut.
Depends on whether you make them a lot of money, if you do they'll apologise to you.

He wasn't specifically criticising the club either, he was just said was just voicing concern.

Özim
07-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Voice their concerns more at the way things are being handled, if that doesn't work the only thing that would work would be not buying the tickets.

Whilst I don't really like the latter, maybe that's the only way the club will actually start listening, I don't like their untouchable attitude.

Fist of Lehmann
07-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Nope it does not make sense to sell a player with 3 years on his deal for £15 Million, when we should have got at least £10 mill more. Or to the fact we could have sold him for the same next season.

We all know he wanted more money thats clear and mabe he started acting out and the board and manager saw it easy to sell and Balance the books at the same time.£25m+ for Song?

Xhaka Can’t
07-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Take their sons to their first ever match. My boy was so happy when I told him, I've now booked RPQ as well.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Özim
07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Take their sons to their first ever match. My boy was so happy when I told him, I've now booked RPQ as well.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that will work as well.

Letters
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2You're sticking it to the man :bow:

Letters
07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Voice their concerns more at the way things are being handled, if that doesn't work the only thing that would work would be not buying the tickets.

Whilst I don't really like the latter, maybe that's the only way the club will actually start listening, I don't like their untouchable attitude.
Basically agree but unfortunately (in a way) Wenger keeps delivering decent results and top 4 finishes. He keeps doing enough to keep people reasonably content with what they're seeing even if they're not happy overall with the way the club is being run. Even last year our home results were W12 D4 L3 which is pretty respectable, you're not going to get the home crowd booing while we're winning most of our home games. I don't imagine I'll renew next season but that's more because dad is losing interest and I've long since become disillusioned with the game as a whole.

jelgoon
07-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree with your last bit. Im as sickened as you by the way the board has operated over the last couple of years in particular; however, to be fair, if he has three years left on a five year contract, I dont believe that the board should have to start negotiating with him. Its ridiculous

Fact is if we want to hold onto players we need to start contract talks early, experience should tell us that. Start with a year or two left and you're already in trouble....those are the hard facts.

If we want to keep hold of players we should be negotiating with them with 2 to 3 years left on their contracts to make sure we don't lose them.

This summer really takes the biscuit for me, it appears on the face of it that they planned to make a few signings to make sure season tickets etc are sold, once done they sell off two players and make sure we make a tidy profit. F*cking sickening to be honest.

Power n Glory
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I agree with your last bit. Im as sickened as you by the way the board has operated over the last couple of years in particular; however, to be fair, if he has three years left on a five year contract, I dont believe that the board should have to start negotiating with him. Its ridiculous

With 3 years left on his deal, they don't have to renegotiate. But then it makes no sense to let him leave. If we're holding someone to their contract because he has 3 years left, then I'd assume it's because he's a player we want to keep. How did it go from a player wanting a new deal to wanting to leave? It's all well and good blaming the player, but I think back to the Bergkamp situation where the club left him hanging all year and he did not even know if it was his last season. That's disgraceful and people need to keep that sort of situation in mind. This was Dennis Bergkamp and they handled that situation badly. If it was any other player, they'd have left the club and stuck two fingers up but because he's a legend and been with us for ages, he held his tongue.

fakeyank
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Gazidis needs to be execute Kazakh style

Fist of Lehmann
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
With 3 years left on his deal, they don't have to renegotiate. But then it makes no sense to let him leave. If we're holding someone to their contract because he has 3 years left, then I'd assume it's because he's a player we want to keep. How did it go from a player wanting a new deal to wanting to leave? It's all well and good blaming the player, but I think back to the Bergkamp situation where the club left him hanging all year and he did not even know if it was his last season. That's disgraceful and people need to keep that sort of situation in mind. This was Dennis Bergkamp and they handled that situation badly. If it was any other player, they'd have left the club and stuck two fingers up but because he's a legend and been with us for ages, he held his tongue.

Bergkamp spoke of his frustration at having been left hanging by the club, I think. Fortunately, he was a smart guy, invested his money wisely, so the declining wage packets were less of an issue to him. He genuinely felt something for the club as well, so he was willing to accept short contracts. But Bergkamp was the exception, a classy guy in a sea of footballing turds. And his situation has more to do with the 1 yr contract for over 30's rule.

The Song situation was different. Song wanted a pay rise 2 years into a 5 year contract. Barca offered a sum equalling or exceeding our valution of him. I'm pretty sure that we would have preferred to keep him, but given the choice, increase the wage bill or cash in, the choice for the management was easy.

Cash in, all day long.

Fact is, if someone offered me more than my house is worth, I'd take it. I'd use the money to buy somewhere better mind, not sleep rough and stuff the money in my underwear.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
So if Wenger says something it's because someone asked him the question, but if a player does they're a pr*ck and should shut the f*ck up. I personally think they should all shup up but since the manager spouts sh*t to the press all the time don't see why the players can't...maybe he should set a better example.

I don't see what's wrong with what he's said anyway, players have been calling for us to spend and bring in quality for years, we do the opposite and sell our best players...hence the reason RVP decided it was time to move on.

Good to see Wenger's own players continue to doubt the methods, if hsi own team has doubts how does he expect us to compete?

Diffrence is Wenger picks Sagna to play and if he keeps spouting off he never will again. if your thick enough to insult your employers while you still work for them then you deserve the sack simples. All Sagna has done is made it easy for the board to sell him in the summer really.

Not even Cesc or Nasri or RVP came out at this stage of the season and spouting these things.

He is not wrong but say it when you leave the club not when your fucking injured and not even in the team.
All he is doing is disrupting the dressing room not the board or manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
£25m+ for Song?

Why not, he is worth that after all was only 24 and had 3 years left on his deal.

Spot on.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 04:22 PM

problem is too many keyboard warriors who say they win but when it comes to the crunch they take it.

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM

ok fine i agree leaving it two years is a bit risky, and i hope the club change it. however lets use song as an example here, he signed a five year contract two years ago, his agent said that song wanted a new one a year ago and wanted meetings and arsenal said no. so thats one year into a five year deal and he wants a new contract?

last year, we had kos, sagna, gibbs, theo, rvp and rosicky all nearing the two year or one year mark left. they were the urgent ones to deal with and thats why i say urgent. also with three years left on your deal, blackmailing arsenal into talks during a transfer window is only likely to end one way ands taht being told to fuck off.

going back to song, yes 3 years is probably a good point to open talks, however song wanted talks for over a year now, meaning he awnted them one year into his deal and that is not acceptable when others are more important imo. contract talks for players with three years left should start once the summer transfer window ahs closed because there will be others that are more important to sort out

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 05:21 PM
going back to song, yes 3 years is probably a good point to open talks, however song wanted talks for over a year now, meaning he awnted them one year into his deal and that is not acceptable when others are more important imo. contract talks for players with three years left should start once the summer transfer window ahs closed because there will be others that are more important to sort out

More his agents wanted a bigger pay day. Song was a 1st teamer that does not mean he should be able to dictate terms. However the clubs need to learn to sort out contracts better then they do.

Alpha
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Sagna should shut up and work to return to the team . He is not helping his teammates with his useless interview . We will never know the truth about players who are leaving or being sold . Van persie wanted out and you could tell through his statement . Song was not doing his defensive duties properly . He had a good season creating chances for Van Persie but his main task of protecting the back five was always let to be desired .

The truth is we lost two players . Was it to balance the books as some claim ? Or because the club lack ambition according to RVP ? OR simply because one (RVP) refuse to sign the contract and the other ( Song ) was disruptive and was pushed to the exit door ? Media and fans will only speculate but the truth remains a mystery .
All that doesn't count anymore and we should move on . Song and RVP don't care about Arsenal anymore , why should they ? The question we should ask whether the team has moved forward or not since their departure . Based on the three games played so far there seem to be some improvement . Their sale can turn out to be a blessing in disguise .

Marc Overmars
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
If his teammates share the same feelings, which I think there's a good chance they do, then I don't think his comments potentially having an adverse effect is really an issue.

gooners
07-09-2012, 09:16 PM
the only 'truth' that will remain a mystery is how football fans can be duped out of their hard-earned cash by multimillionaires over and over again and still think they have a some sacred stake in their clubs to protect.

stan,phw & co. must enjoy this while smoking their cigars and shitting down on these fans!

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
If his teammates share the same feelings, which I think there's a good chance they do, then I don't think his comments potentially having an adverse effect is really an issue.

Yet none og his team mates came out and said anything even if they were feeling it. Was this suppose to be some lead from the back thing?

Im sure TV5 may feel the same way but he did not say anything now. Sagna not wrong to say what he said but this was not the right time.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Sagna should shut up and work to return to the team . He is not helping his teammates with his useless interview .

Would not say it was a useless interview but it was a wrong time one. Rather then not helping his team mates he is not helping himself and it would not supprise me if Jenkinson got a longer run in the team cause off this.

Marc Overmars
07-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Yet none og his team mates came out and said anything even if they were feeling it. Was this suppose to be some lead from the back thing?

Im sure TV5 may feel the same way but he did not say anything now. Sagna not wrong to say what he said but this was not the right time.

The more pressing concern surely is how many feel the same, not what one guy said in an interview.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 09:30 PM
The more pressing concern surely is how many feel the same, not what one guy said in an interview.

Not many id say since most our players have seemed positve, but im sure a few might feel this way, but its down to them to change it try working as a team and win something.

Marc Overmars
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Not many id say since most our players have seemed positve, but im sure a few might feel this way, but its down to them to change it try working as a team and win something.

I think there is a greater measure of honesty in Sagna's comments than a generic +1 interview saying we're good enough to win things etc.

gooners
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
I think there is a greater measure of honesty in Sagna's comments than a generic +1 interview saying we're good enough to win things etc.

he should shut the fuk up an help his teammates win the 4th place trophy! -- he is greedy; and he makes too much money to care about any honours in his profession :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 09:52 PM

Never did i say there was not Honesty in what he said, jsut said it was not the right time to say it. What are his comments really going to change besides him getting a new contract possibly.

Like GP say if you or i did that to our employers we'd be down the dole office the same day.

Özim
07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Totally agree, I'm also pretty sure a number of our senior players will also feel the same way, how can you not when you see 2 first teamers walk away every summer....you'd have to be as blind as Arsene Wenger not to.

I don't think his comments will have any effect.

Özim
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Never did i say there was not Honesty in what he said, jsut said it was not t he right time to say it. Like GP say if you or i did that to our employers we'd be down the dole office the same day.
Totally disagree, he didn't say anything that was insutling his employers, you couldn't sack someone for that....in fact if you did they would take you to court and take you to the cleaners.

He given his opinion on something, not made any derogatory remarks about his employers.

Marc Overmars
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Totally disagree, he didn't say anything that was insutling his employers, you couldn't sack someone for that....in fact if you did they would take you to court and take you to the cleaners.

He given his opinion on something, not made any derogatory remarks about his employers.

Pretty much, there's no point in relating what goes on in the real world to this fucked up sport.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Totally agree, I'm also pretty sure a number of our senior players will also feel the same way, how can you not when you see 2 first teamers walk away every summer....you'd have to be as blind as Arsene Wenger not to.

I don't think his comments will have any effect.

Yet none said anything not even our captain or our Vice captain i mean they could have said this too so why did they not. are they unambitious then.

Even Theo who has not signed a deal has not said anything and his situation is still not sorted.

You may be right players may be pissed but there is a time and a place to say this shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Ok so he may not have directly said anything bad and i don't think the article was bad if you read it as a whole. However if you look at the media shit it creates its just something i don't think the dressing room needs. Also i don't think it will change much this season except gaining him a new deal.

Alpha
08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Would not say it was a useless interview but it was a wrong time one. Rather then not helping his team mates he is not helping himself and it would not supprise me if Jenkinson got a longer run in the team cause off this.

Maybe , Sagna should have waited the end of his Arsenal career to voice his concern . Look at TV5 . He was so close to RVP . I know that RVP move to Man United shocked him but he remains professional and don't say any bullshit in public .
Sagna is a good player . One of whom the team should rely on . He is one of the seniors . He should have behaved accordingly . When asked by the media , he should have been diplomatic and say something like : " I don't really know anything about it . Please go and ask the Board or the manager . I'm just a player and I'm more concerned about my performance on the pitch than how the team is being run . Of course , it is painful to lose such good players who were also good friends . But that is part of life . Good luck to them and Arsenal will move on " .

Syn
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Maybe , Sagna should have waited the end of his Arsenal career to voice his concern . Look at TV5 . He was so close to RVP . I know that RVP move to Man United shocked him but he remains professional and don't say any bullshit in public .
Sagna is a good player . One of whom the team should rely on . He is one of the seniors . He should have behaved accordingly . When asked by the media , he should have been diplomatic and say something like : " I don't really know anything about it . Please go and ask the Board or the manager . I'm just a player and I'm more concerned about my performance on the pitch than how the team is being run . Of course , it is painful to lose such good players who were also good friends . But that is part of life . Good luck to them and Arsenal will move on " .

FFS.

I bet you practice acceptance speeches in the shower.

Marc Overmars
08-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Power n Glory
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Think of this as insight into what's going on behind the scenes. When players leave, many fans jump to the wrong conclusion and always assume it's the player being greedy for more money. With this interview, you can at least see that some players are just as shocked and frustrated by our policies. It's all well and good saying Sagna should keep quiet but I think it's time the fans knew what's really going on. We know we're only going to get spin and lies from PHW, Wenger and Gazidis.

I've always suspected our transfer dealing dents the morale of the team. We had a terrible start last year, we also had that horrible season where all the players were fighting after we sold Hleb and Flamini, I also suspect morale takes a hit every January when we don't sign players when we're in desperate need of back up. It's no coincidence that our longest serving players aren't committee because they have seen it all. RVP, Theo, Song and now Sagna.

Besides getting an insight into what some of the players are thinking, we have also heard, not for the first time, how slow we are to open contract talks. They need to sort that out as well.

Alpha
08-09-2012, 09:51 AM
FFS.

I bet you practice acceptance speeches in the shower.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Joker
08-09-2012, 10:19 AM
From today:

That completely contradicts his position on RVP's comments. When RVP made that statement, Arseblog criticised him while now he says what Sagna is saying is understandable (which is nevertheless true).

Olivier's xmas twist
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
That completely contradicts his position on RVP's comments. When RVP made that statement, Arseblog criticised him while now he says what Sagna is saying is understandable (which is nevertheless true).

RVP was Our Captain and while he was right to air his personal thoughts he could have done it in a better way which is why he got a lot of stick.

Where as Sagna like people are saying is only saying how he is feeling like i guess most in the dressing room though i think its the wrong time to say it.

Guess it depends on the person being spouting off, had Denilson or Chamack said this, bet it owuld be a non story tbh.

Newguy
08-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Sagna should shut up and work to return to the team . He is not helping his teammates with his useless interview . We will never know the truth about players who are leaving or being sold . Van persie wanted out and you could tell through his statement . Song was not doing his defensive duties properly . He had a good season creating chances for Van Persie but his main task of protecting the back five was always let to be desired .

The truth is we lost two players . Was it to balance the books as some claim ? Or because the club lack ambition according to RVP ? OR simply because one (RVP) refuse to sign the contract and the other ( Song ) was disruptive and was pushed to the exit door ? Media and fans will only speculate but the truth remains a mystery .
All that doesn't count anymore and we should move on . Song and RVP don't care about Arsenal anymore , why should they ? The question we should ask whether the team has moved forward or not since their departure . Based on the three games played so far there seem to be some improvement . Their sale can turn out to be a blessing in disguise .

I agree with this...Sagna's injured, so bottom line it...doesnt matter what he thinks right now!! I wanna see players working for the shirt and wearing it with pride, not complaining. Sagna was always gonna moan sooner or later, have we forgot that he's the guy always blaming someone else on the field when things fuck up? The famed "it wasnt my fault" shrug of the shoulders.. LOL. He's not a leader, those who were saying he could be captain need to have a word with themselves LOL.

Then theres this talk about the senior players feeling the same as he does....Really?? The senior players that would feel the same are gone or going. Im surprised some of you havent grasped that Wenger is changing the squad dynamics, the losers are going, those with question marks about their commitment are going....fuck all the "the clubs made a profit again..."talk aswell, in my eyes we will hopefully have a dressing room of players willing to fight for each other and the club, not wish they were Clichy, Nasri or some other dude at a different club. We have extended the contracts of players that we want i.e Vermaelen, Kos and with Gibbs, Jenkinson (who is showing masses of improvement) Per and Santos I dont hear much dissension in the defence, so Sagna is the odd one out in my eyes.

Sagna is moaning that he hasnt had an approach by the club to extend his contract...maybe the club see a future with him out because he does shit like complain about wanting to be Nasri and Clichy to the fucking press instead of holding his own counsel, getting fit and fighting for the team. Imagine having a desk job where all you do is type and you break your hands and your employer still pays you full pay (not SSP) while you recover?? Sagna needs to get his priorities in order.

See for me....publicly I support the club, if im not happy with how the club is run then that can be discussed with gooners but they also in the end...support the club, we can keep it in house, but for example im not having some manc or spud dissing my club...it's not happening...and I will publically back the model of how the club is run if I can see strides being made to change things. Ive been waiting for Bould and Banfield, Bould in particular to be pushed into the first team coaching staff, that he is assistant manager is a massive bonus. This will change things, do you think Bouldy will accept players, senior ones at that, not setting the right example to the younger players coming in?? Of course not...Sagna is a loser if he's not up for the challenge plain and simple...hand in a transfer request and shut your mouth. Bould is the biggest signing of our Summer guys, believe that.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with being envious of the clubs that can throw big money at good players, hence building super squads, which lead to the higher possibility of trophies, but this "player support" of those publicly destabilising the dressing room from some of you on here is borderline "suspect" and is kinda weak. Right now I think we haver a group of players that have belief, but we also have a group of players with a lot of quality IMO. If you go through our current squad, barring Sagna and Arshavin I dont see anyone still at the club that would not be positive about their arsenal career, thats a new foundation in my eyes and I'm willing to see how it goes...

Fuck Sagna, Fuck RvP, Fuck Song, if Walcott dont wanna stay fuck him aswell. These players havent/didnt win us shit, one of them is playing for MAN U FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

The season has begun and it's time to start getting behind the players that want to play for the club and see us do well. We're building a new foundation, this may take some time and i have a feeling some "fans" wont have the time to wait, but then you aren't the "fans" the club need in times such as these...if you cant see when The Arsenal need to be backed when dicks like Sagna start bringing their insecurities to the forefront while attempting to find a fresh can of fuel so he can start a new fire...I dont know what to tell you except that......Sagna is a prick.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree with this...Sagna's injured, so bottom line it...doesnt matter what he thinks right now!! I wanna see players working for the shirt and wearing it with pride, not complaining. Sagna was always gonna moan sooner or later, have we forgot that he's the guy always blaming someone else on the field when things fuck up? The famed "it wasnt my fault" shrug of the shoulders.. LOL. He's not a leader, those who were saying he could be captain need to have a word with themselves LOL.

Then theres this talk about the senior players feeling the same as he does....Really?? The senior players that would feel the same are gone or going. Im surprised some of you havent grasped that Wenger is changing the squad dynamics, the losers are going, those with question marks about their commitment are going....fuck all the "the clubs made a profit again..."talk aswell, in my eyes we will hopefully have a dressing room of players willing to fight for each other and the club, not wish they were Clichy, Nasri or some other dude at a different club. We have extended the contracts of players that we want i.e Vermaelen, Kos and with Gibbs, Jenkinson (who is showing masses of improvement) Per and Santos I dont hear much dissension in the defence, so Sagna is the odd one out in my eyes.

Sagna is moaning that he hasnt had an approach by the club to extend his contract...maybe the club see a future with him out because he does shit like complain about wanting to be Nasri and Clichy to the fucking press instead of holding his own counsel, getting fit and fighting for the team. Imagine having a desk job where all you do is type and you break your hands and your employer still pays you full pay (not SSP) while you recover?? Sagna needs to get his priorities in order.

See for me....publicly I support the club, if im not happy with how the club is run then that can be discussed with gooners but they also in the end...support the club, we can keep it in house, but for example im not having some manc or spud dissing my club...it's not happening...and I will publically back the model of how the club is run if I can see strides being made to change things. Ive been waiting for Bould and Banfield, Bould in particular to be pushed into the first team coaching staff, that he is assistant manager is a massive bonus. This will change things, do you think Bouldy will accept players, senior ones at that, not setting the right example to the younger players coming in?? Of course not...Sagna is a loser if he's not up for the challenge plain and simple...hand in a transfer request and shut your mouth. Bould is the biggest signing of our Summer guys, believe that.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with being envious of the clubs that can throw big money at good players, hence building super squads, which lead to the higher possibility of trophies, but this "player support" of those publicly destabilising the dressing room from some of you on here is borderline "suspect" and is kinda weak. Right now I think we haver a group of players that have belief, but we also have a group of players with a lot of quality IMO. If you go through our current squad, barring Sagna and Arshavin I dont see anyone still at the club that would not be positive about their arsenal career, thats a new foundation in my eyes and I'm willing to see how it goes...

Fuck Sagna, Fuck RvP, Fuck Song, if Walcott dont wanna stay fuck him aswell. These players havent/didnt win us shit, one of them is playing for MAN U FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

The season has begun and it's time to start getting behind the players that want to play for the club and see us do well. We're building a new foundation, this may take some time and i have a feeling some "fans" wont have the time to wait, but then you aren't the "fans" the club need in times such as these...if you cant see when The Arsenal need to be backed when dicks like Sagna start bringing their insecurities to the forefront while attempting to find a fresh can of fuel so he can start a new fire...I dont know what to tell you except that......Sagna is a prick.

So what your saying is Sagna needs to Stfu

GP
08-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Sagan :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Master Splinter
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Have we sold Sagan yet?

GHELkers :bow:.

Xhaka Can’t
08-09-2012, 06:10 PM

FUCK YEAH!!!!

Mr. Lahey
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
here we go again, another one of our best players is concerned about the clubs policy and he is being blasted for it. instead of using these comments to spark change the fans would rather say fuck Sagna, Song, RVP, Cesc, Nasri...Henry, Vieria, Freddie etc...im glad these guys are coming out with this...the management need to be called out by someobody with a voice!

but some fans would rather stay quiet and except the bullshit for the way it is. a bunch of pussy's who are too scared for a change at the club. guess what though, it will never change as long as this lot are still in charge. you can forget about the titles and the great football we used to play. that was all dependant on building a team, a team with consistent players who know the system and who have experience playing it. we are not in that business, we dismantle teams and sell players on for the almighty dollar.i used to say fuck every player who wanted to leave us, but the fact is, they are right! but people still want them to shut the fuck up, I dont get it to be honest.

Xhaka Can’t
08-09-2012, 07:08 PM
We are three games into the season. There is no window open - nor is there one on the immediate horizon. Everybody on the team, even if their bitch ass is on the treatment table, should be 100% committed to working towards the success of the Club. They are rewarded enough for doing so.

What Sagna said and when he said it, does none of the above.

gooners
08-09-2012, 07:17 PM
sajma should shut the fuck up and help his team mates WIN 4th place :good:

Xhaka Can’t
08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Fuck it - let everyone air their grievances whenever they want, whenever they want. That should help the team along.

GP
08-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Fuck it - let everyone air their grievances whenever they want, whenever they want. That should help the team along.

You know what's weird? The amount of effort someone will go to to pretend to be an Arsenal fan.

gooners
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
fuck that; who knows what we would have acheived without the bitching by trophy-hungry moneygrabbing players.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Players walking, players bitching, a silent board, a manager who states both opposites at the same time, and all of it passed down through the fans who are fuck this, fuck that. Not the signature of a club going anywhere but down. In footballing terms. The share price continues to rise. It has been about the share price for a long time now. For every problem, every negative sentiment, every footballing failure and every chip away at the prestige of the club you can look to that share price. It's at the heart of it all. A bunch of grubby thieves who have already dug out half the gold and a grubby yank with a sack ready to get his. And a grubby Russian waiting in the wings. The only decision fans have to make is whether they will spend another year playing along or whether they have had enough and decide to get off the merry-go-round. The cheer your club come what may argument only holds water for as long as the fuckers actually at the club are pulling in the same direction as you. They aren't. Supporting them is actually harming the club. The worst aspect for a fan is looking for the alternative. There isn't one. This is how football is now. You let the wrongs sorts in, like your Abramovich or 40 thieves from the desert or that sorry excuse for a human being Rupert Murdoch and this is what you get. We need a forest fire now, we need the game to burn to the ground before it can grow again. In the grand scheme of things, who is this bloke Sagna? Nobody at all.

Alpha
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM
here we go again, another one of our best players is concerned about the clubs policy and he is being blasted for it. instead of using these comments to spark change the fans would rather say fuck Sagna, Song, RVP, Cesc, Nasri...Henry, Vieria, Freddie etc...im glad these guys are coming out with this...the management need to be called out by someobody with a voice!

but some fans would rather stay quiet and except the bullshit for the way it is. a bunch of pussy's who are too scared for a change at the club. guess what though, it will never change as long as this lot are still in charge. you can forget about the titles and the great football we used to play. that was all dependant on building a team, a team with

consistent players who know the system and who have experience playing it. we are not in that business, we dismantle teams and sell players on for the almighty dollar.i used to say fuck every player who wanted to leave us, but the fact is, they are right! but people still want them to shut the fuck up, I dont get it to be honest.

NO player is bigger than Arsenal . Players , no matters how good they are , they come and go . But Arsenal remains always Arsenal . A positive view or critic from any player is welcome as long as it can help the team . but any excuse from any player who has secretly got an improved contract with other teams shouldn't be applauded at all .When a player betrays Arsenal and becomes a rebel , he shouldn't have any support from true Arsenal fans . RVP was my favorite player . During his injury time when people were backing Ade , I was behind RVP . But I was hurt and felt betrayed the way he left the club . His statement was backstabbing . He could have left the club in a honorable way and remain a hero or a legend .No player will stay at Arsenal forever . Fans know that . But we ask for a bit a dignity from players who want out . Every one know that Arsenal fans are not happy the way their team is being run . No one is happy with 7 trophyless years . The issue has been raised in more than two AGMs . The Board knows it . Arsene knows .And even the players themselves know it .I think it is inappropriate for players to use that as an excuse for their potential financial ambitions . They are earning millions and can leave Arsenal any time they want . Most Arsenal fans work hard and earn peanut and sacrifice themselves to make the likes of sagna , RVP , Fabregas , Ade , Clichy ,Nasri...millionaires . Fans deserve more respect as they are the ones who get more hurt when anything goes wrong in the team .

gooners
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Players walking, players bitching, a silent board, a manager who states both opposites at the same time, and all of it passed down through the fans who are fuck this, fuck that. Not the signature of a club going anywhere but down. In footballing terms. The share price continues to rise. It has been about the share price for a long time now. For every problem, every negative sentiment, every footballing failure and every chip away at the prestige of the club you can look to that share price. It's at the heart of it all. A bunch of grubby thieves who have already dug out half the gold and a grubby yank with a sack ready to get his. And a grubby Russian waiting in the wings. The only decision fans have to make is whether they will spend another year playing along or whether they have had enough and decide to get off the merry-go-round. The cheer your club come what may argument only holds water for as long as the fuckers actually at the club are pulling in the same direction as you. They aren't. Supporting them is actually harming the club. The worst aspect for a fan is looking for the alternative. There isn't one. This is how football is now. You let the wrongs sorts in, like your Abramovich or 40 thieves from the desert or that sorry excuse for a human being Rupert Murdoch and this is what you get. We need a forest fire now, we need the game to burn to the ground before it can grow again. In the grand scheme of things, who is this bloke Sagna? Nobody at all.

fuck this; sajma is one in the line of many stupid greedy moneygrabbing footballers that have to learn to keep their gobs shut and help the club to success. There is a place and a time for that --- like when the season is over; in which case he will be a disloyal cu unt and just agitating for a move. Or he could wait till midseason --- in which case wtf is he spewing such shit when we are battling for CL qualification.

There is a time and place for such shit! Sajma should stfu

gooners
08-09-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190888/Santi-Cazorla-says-Arsenal-need-replace-Robin-van-Persie-Alex-Song.html

PUBLISHED:11:04, 20 August 2012 | UPDATED:11:04, 20 August 2012

goodbye carzola?

GP
08-09-2012, 09:33 PM
You know what's weird? The amount of effort someone will go to to pretend to be an Arsenal fan.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2012, 10:15 PM
fuck this; sajma is one in the line of many stupid greedy moneygrabbing footballers that have to learn to keep their gobs shut and help the club to success. There is a place and a time for that --- like when the season is over; in which case he will be a disloyal cu unt and just agitating for a move. Or he could wait till midseason --- in which case wtf is he spewing such shit when we are battling for CL qualification.

There is a time and place for such shit! Sajma should stfu

Sagna needs to get religion. to thank God for creating a world where a bloke who is moderately decent at kicking a ball around gets elevated above that world and can live on the backs of a crowd of people who are only too happy to be stepped on. Instead of pissing down he needs to say thanks. But he's just a footballer so it would never cross his mind to be anything other than a self obsessed and entitled prick. The **** will say what he wants, when he wants - just like any of them would the minute things stopped going their way. Let him speak, not speak, slag the club, praise the club. I thought I cared, now I realise it's old habits dying hard and not genuine sentiment. Not that we have any say in it anyway and not that we'd enter his thoughts before his mouth starts flapping. The outrage of fans is a like rain on a roof, you think the people under the roof give a shit beyond getting irritated by the noise? Besides it's shit stew, not something anybody would want to eat but if it's the only thing on the menu and the alternative is starvation then you get a spoon. The players know this. Owners know it, media knows it. For every fucked off fan another ten are queuing. So really, what are the consequences if a player wants to shit on you? The only thing he'll be worried about is whether the advice he just got from is agent will get him the move and the required pay rise and signing bonus. Probably better not to give this **** any more time or thought. He's not worth it. None of them are.

Power n Glory
08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190888/Santi-Cazorla-says-Arsenal-need-replace-Robin-van-Persie-Alex-Song.html

PUBLISHED:11:04, 20 August 2012 | UPDATED:11:04, 20 August 2012

goodbye carzola?

Brush that under the carpet. He gets a pass because he's new. :lol:

This is like a domino effect and the club will have to do something different to stop this sort of thing.

Kyle?
08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Brush that under the carpet. He gets a pass because he's new. :lol:

This is like a domino effect and the club will have to do something different to stop this sort of thing.

How about sign someone who isn't an under 17 goalkeeper?

Power n Glory
08-09-2012, 10:55 PM

Exact same things were said when Henry and co were talking out loud. This is a glitch in the Matrix. De javu. :lol:

I don't even like Sagna that much, he's takes no responsibility on the pitch, is far from a leader and he's not that good at crossing the ball either. If the club decide to sell him, as an individual, I don't think it will hurt us that much. But the message it sends out if we don't replace him with a solid player just spreads that doubt and frustration on to another player if we go trophyless again. It's a domino effect and hasn't stopped since Vieira. We cleared out the Invincible team, started fresh with players like Cesc, RVP, Hleb, Ade, Flamini, Senderos, Rosicky, Toure, Gallas, Nasri.....they all had the hunger to win like we're seeing with the new boys now, but that slowly was drained away from the club because of stupid transfer decisions. Selling Hleb, Flamini and that Ade business set us back badly and all could have been avoided.

We've seen the glitch again with RVP, Nasri, Song and Cesc and you've got to wonder whether or not the club will learn again from their past mistakes. An attitude adjustment from the players and fans won't change anything. Something has to happen at the top. Will we see that this year....time will tell. But until the club sort out the way we do business, we will continue to have this discussion like we've had 5/6 years ago.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Exact same things were said when Henry and co were talking out loud. This is a glitch in the Matrix. De javu. :lol:

I don't even like Sagna that much, he's takes no responsibility on the pitch, is far from a leader and he's not that good at crossing the ball either. If the club decide to sell him, as an individual, I don't think it will hurt us that much. But the message it sends out if we don't replace him with a solid player just spreads that doubt and frustration on to another player if we go trophyless again. It's a domino effect and hasn't stopped since Vieira. We cleared out the Invincible team, started fresh with players like Cesc, RVP, Hleb, Ade, Flamini, Senderos, Rosicky, Toure, Gallas, Nasri.....they all had the hunger to win like we're seeing with the new boys now, but that slowly was drained away from the club because of stupid transfer decisions. Selling Hleb, Flamini and that Ade business set us back badly and all could have been avoided.

We've seen the glitch again with RVP, Nasri, Song and Cesc and you've got to wonder whether or not the club will learn again from their past mistakes. An attitude adjustment from the players and fans won't change anything. Something has to happen at the top. Will we see that this year....time will tell. But until the club sort out the way we do business, we will continue to have this discussion like we've had 5/6 years ago.

What if the club doesn't see the last 6-7 years as a mistake? What if they view those years as success? Certainly the shareholders who cashed out will see things at least a little differently to the average fan.

Power n Glory
09-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Then the fans need to start asking the right sort of questions if that's the case. It's not as if Sagna is the first player to talk out loud. I'm just tired of the déjà vu.

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 12:20 AM

but some fans would rather stay quiet and except the bullshit for the way it is. a bunch of pussy's who are too scared for a change at the club. guess what though, it will never change as long as this lot are still in charge. you can forget about the titles and the great football we used to play. that was all dependant on building a team, a team with consistent players who know the system and who have experience playing it. we are not in that business, we dismantle teams and sell players on for the almighty dollar.i used to say fuck every player who wanted to leave us, but the fact is, they are right! but people still want them to shut the fuck up, I dont get it to be honest.

This

Every thing Sagna said was right and if it changes the way the dumbasses in charge change then its for the greater good.

Fans can say all that til they are blue in the face but the board/manager will never pay attention. If a player does it, it will hopefully make them sit up and notice that they are destroying this great club from within.

Power n Glory
09-09-2012, 12:45 AM

:gp: by the way.

When you're getting paid a handsome sum, it makes it easier to stay silent. It's why Wenger is able to compromise so much even though he should be leading the charge for more silverware. The players aren't getting paid enough to compromise like that.

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4528205/Bacary-Sagna-slams-Wayne-Rooney.html

:blink:

Is Sajma bored or something?

Why talk about something that happened ages ago and has f all to do with him?

Hes right though again

The English :haha:

-Xs-
09-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Slow news day today

The Ogg Monster
09-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Sanga needs to shut the fuck up and stop getting his legs broken. The only person he needs to moan at is himself for not being good enough to win a trophy here. Iwouldnt give a shit if he's sold he's easily replaceable.

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2012, 02:08 PM
This

Every thing Sagna said was right and if it changes the way the dumbasses in charge change then its for the greater good.

Fans can say all that til they are blue in the face but the board/manager will never pay attention. If a player does it, it will hopefully make them sit up and notice that they are destroying this great club from within.

So Sagna is some sort of heroic figure here? Like all the other heroes that have moaned publicly and then (coincidentally no doubt) left the club for apparently greener pastures? Extrapolating, if ALL the players started behaving this way the shareholders would suddenly change course. I don't think that's true. If Sagna doesn't like his job (for some reason that's beyond all comprehension given what his job actually is) then he can put in a transfer request, can't he? He can try to find some other club to pay him millions and do things in a way that suit him better. Seems pretty obvious what this pre-departure player dancing is all about though. It's the easiest way for a player to force his way out of a contract while deceitfully trying to maintain the high ground. I don't buy it. He's banking on the majority being fooled though and he'll probably succeed in that. It's like that other guy who went to Man Utd. Poor him, club captain, £130K a week on the table, an emerging legend in a team brimming with history - not enough for him, time to leave for our biggest rivals, time to shit and piss all over the fans and add a little insult to the injury by claiming it's done with us in mind. He was trying to help us, wasn't he? A right fucking martyr, someone to be praised and there are plenty waiting to do the job. Quite a signal to be sending to the next guy hunting for the easy exit. We'll see how many fans still have patience with this when Walcott, Jack and then Ox are on the way out.

Syn
09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Sagna was moaning about not being offered a contract as next year he will have 1 year left. He's a top defender, really, and we probably should move quickly to try to tie him down. If it doesn't work, oh well - at least we tried. He does have this tendency to pick up long injury spells but we've got to take a gamble on that I suppose.

And that also reminds me - Koscielny only has 3 years left on his contract. Next summer he'll only have 2. And then then he'll go away with the French World Cup squad with only a year or so remaining. How the fuck haven't we offered him a new contract yet? The club need to wake the fuck up. We can't keep allowing this to happen!

Master Splinter
09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Eastmond has a twelve year contract. By next year, it will be eleven. If we don't sort this out now, he'll do the same as Sagan.

Can't blame the players if we're not offering them a new contract every week.

gooners
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
So Sagna is some sort of heroic figure here? Like all the other heroes that have moaned publicly and then (coincidentally no doubt) left the club for apparently greener pastures? Extrapolating, if ALL the players started behaving this way the shareholders would suddenly change course. I don't think that's true. If Sagna doesn't like his job (for some reason that's beyond all comprehension given what his job actually is) then he can put in a transfer request, can't he? He can try to find some other club to pay him millions and do things in a way that suit him better. Seems pretty obvious what this pre-departure player dancing is all about though. It's the easiest way for a player to force his way out of a contract while deceitfully trying to maintain the high ground. I don't buy it. He's banking on the majority being fooled though and he'll probably succeed in that. It's like that other guy who went to Man Utd. Poor him, club captain, £130K a week on the table, an emerging legend in a team brimming with history - not enough for him, time to leave for our biggest rivals, time to shit and piss all over the fans and add a little insult to the injury by claiming it's done with us in mind. He was trying to help us, wasn't he? A right fucking martyr, someone to be praised and there are plenty waiting to do the job. Quite a signal to be sending to the next guy hunting for the easy exit. We'll see how many fans still have patience with this when Walcott, Jack and then Ox are on the way out.

No, he is not a hero.

He should be happy he gets paid a bucket load of money, suffers morbid injuries and has no chance of winning any honours in his sport. Apparently, 'fans' pay his wages so he owes them his life, career and lifestyle.

Back in the day, players played for free and for the shirt :good:

then he can put in a transfer request, can't he? He can try to find some other club to pay him millions and do things in a way that suit him better.

and if they do, the mantra invariably reverts to 'there is no loyalty in the game anymore'.

methinks it is REALITY that eludes most fans and our saintly, pro bono - working manager these days.

Power n Glory
09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
No, he is not a hero.

He should be happy he gets paid a bucket load of money, suffers morbid injuries and has no chance of winning any honours in his sport. Apparently, 'fans' pay his wages so he owes them his life, career and lifestyle.

Back in the day, players played for free and for the shirt :good:

and if they do, the mantra invariably reverts to 'there is no loyalty in the game anymore'.

methinks it is REALITY that eludes most fans and our saintly, pro bono - working manager these days.

Wouldn't it be strange if the players were content with 4th place every season while picking up their weekly wages? Wouldn't that just make them as bad as Wenger and the Board? Is that what we're asking of them? To keep quiet and just accept that this is the way it is at Arsenal? Sounds like a line out of PHW's book if you ask me.

It's time to turn the attention away from the players and focus on the people that constantly take the piss and treat us like idiots. The stuff that PHW and Wenger come out with and fans accept it. How many times have we heard some real insulting crap come from these guys and nothing is done about it? This is the one and only time Sagna has spoken out like this and he's speaking out against the very things we've got a major gripe with. Selling off key players and bad contract management.

The fans need to be more vocal about the way the club is run. Last season, I think 'you don't know what you're doing' chants caught the attention of Gazidis and co. They're now trying to get the fans back on side with some of their moves. The moves are sneaky and manipulative but at least it's some sort of a reaction. The loan deal for Henry was well played. A great PR move and it really lifted the fans for a couple of months. It helped disguise the fact that we didn't buy what we needed during the winter break even though Wenger and Gazidis said money was available to spend and that he'd buy. This summer, they were smart to buy players early and sell later to dupe fans into renewing their season tickets and thinking things have finally changed. Also, they have been smart with the way we've sold players and have leaked certain things that wouldn't usually stay behind closed doors. It's helped to tar the image of certain players and keep the heat of their back. But we can't ease off them. They're aware that the fans are pissed and have been crafty this summer. If it all works out on the pitch and we finally break that cycle, great, but if not, we can't wait another 7 years for these picks to get their act together.

Alpha
09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Sagna was moaning about not being offered a contract as next year he will have 1 year left. He's a top defender, really, and we probably should move quickly to try to tie him down. If it doesn't work, oh well - at least we tried. He does have this tendency to pick up long injury spells but we've got to take a gamble on that I suppose.

And that also reminds me - Koscielny only has 3 years left on his contract. Next summer he'll only have 2. And then then he'll go away with the French World Cup squad with only a year or so remaining. How the fuck haven't we offered him a new contract yet? The club need to wake the fuck up. We can't keep allowing this to happen!

I don't think you are naive enough to believe every thing these people put on your ears . Bottom line is player and club are playing dog and cat to fool the fans who are funding their profit .
When a player starts making noise , the only thing which should cross your mind is they want more money . We can see where Sagna is coming from . All his friend are now getting more than 120 grands a week . Why will he still want on 60 grands ?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Wouldn't it be strange if the players were content with 4th place every season while picking up their weekly wages? Wouldn't that just make them as bad as Wenger and the Board? Is that what we're asking of them? To keep quiet and just accept that this is the way it is at Arsenal? Sounds like a line out of PHW's book if you ask me.

It's time to turn the attention away from the players and focus on the people that constantly take the piss and treat us like idiots. The stuff that PHW and Wenger come out with and fans accept it. How many times have we heard some real insulting crap come from these guys and nothing is done about it? This is the one and only time Sagna has spoken out like this and he's speaking out against the very things we've got a major gripe with. Selling off key players and bad contract management.

The fans need to be more vocal about the way the club is run. Last season, I think 'you don't know what you're doing' chants caught the attention of Gazidis and co. They're now trying to get the fans back on side with some of their moves. The moves are sneaky and manipulative but at least it's some sort of a reaction. The loan deal for Henry was well played. A great PR move and it really lifted the fans for a couple of months. It helped disguise the fact that we didn't buy what we needed during the winter break even though Wenger and Gazidis said money was available to spend and that he'd buy. This summer, they were smart to buy players early and sell later to dupe fans into renewing their season tickets and thinking things have finally changed. Also, they have been smart with the way we've sold players and have leaked certain things that wouldn't usually stay behind closed doors. It's helped to tar the image of certain players and keep the heat of their back. But we can't ease off them. They're aware that the fans are pissed and have been crafty this summer. If it all works out on the pitch and we finally break that cycle, great, but if not, we can't wait another 7 years for these picks to get their act together.

shush. cant be speaking up about our policy, uncle stan wants to deepen his pockets.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Pretty much:gp:

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Whatever we're doing now hasnt worked so i say we try out GBs suggestion as well

Olivier's xmas twist
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 10:33 PM

Just remember who you're replying to

selassie
10-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't think you are naive enough to believe every thing these people put on your ears . Bottom line is player and club are playing dog and cat to fool the fans who are funding their profit .
When a player starts making noise , the only thing which should cross your mind is they want more money . We can see where Sagna is coming from . All his friend are now getting more than 120 grands a week . Why will he still want on 60 grands ?

Or he may actually want to win things too? His friends have been picking up trophies and lots of them since they left. Let's not pretend all of our players just leave for financial gain, there is a lot more to it than that.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Just remember who you're replying to

GP, The best in the world at what he does ?

Kano
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
how he plays has nothing to do with what he says. the words coming out of his mouth will only reflect how he feels, which may or may not be reflected in his play.

if he wants out, the players in the squad will already know that. and let's face it, every player is used to be talked about in the media or hearing about one of their colleagues - so it's just another day at the office.

it's the fans it affects more than anything to do with the squad - which is the real reason everyone has got so upset about this. whether or not his team mates hear about him saying things in the media is irrelevant - they will say it all behind closed doors anyway.

it is also not ! case of 'allowing' or 'letting' players talk - they do so when they want anyway. so when they do, guaranteed their team mates are way ahead of us already.

Power n Glory
10-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Of course it does,whats to say when he is fit agaim and playing he will give his all now. Infact who's to say Wenger will even give him games. If this is the Case like GB said let all the team talk to papers and say the same thing.

What abput Cazorla? He was the first to say we need to replace Song and RVP.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
What abput Cazorla? He was the first to say we need to replace Song and RVP.

Im sure he wants quality but least he is getting his head down for now anyways. And yes if things don't change in a year id expect him to get frustated.

Özim
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Of course it does,whats to say when he is fit again and playing he will give his all now. Infact who's to say Wenger will even give him games. If this is the Case like GB said let all the team talk to papers and say the same thing.
Whether he says it or not is irrelevant, had he not said anything he'd still be thinking it.

Every player will have been left surprised at the fact we sold 1st teamers and chose to cash the money rather than investing some. We've spent nothing this summer effectively, in fact we've made a profit.

Özim
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Im sure he wants quality but least he is getting his head down for now anyways. And yes if things don't change in a year id expect him to get frustated.
I don't understand this, he's played well yes...but what's to say Sagna won't? Cazorla pretty much came out with something similar before the window shut.

Power n Glory
10-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't understand this, he's played well yes...but what's to say Sagna won't? Cazorla pretty much came out with something similar before the window shut.

Cazorla's comments are being excused because he's a new signing, playing well and people are excited to see him play.

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
My feeling is that Carl Sagan is probably off in the Summer, most likely to City, and this is just the opening gambit of the usual 'I want a transfer without losing my loyalty bonus' dance.

From Arsenal's point of view, he fits the profile. 29, and his stock is high. He'll have 1 year left and the number of games he missed with injury last season, albeit with impact injuries, probably will inform that descision too. Any new contract will involve rising wages for diminishing returns - at least that's the rationale behind the over 30's policy. Like Van Persie, this looks like the perfect time to cash in.

From Sanga's point of view, this is also the perfect time to cash in. I don't doubt he wants to win things, but would he take a pay cut to do so? Does the Pope shit on bears? No.

He is a fantastic right back, one I would happily keep at the club till 32-33. So losing him would be another gutpunch to the team and the fans. But this is the reality. Doesn't matter how much they pose in 'Number 1 Fan' shirts, or talk about Spurs as 'the enemy'. Players don't love the club in the same way as we do, and they won't stay because of it.

For the record, I don't like what Saang has done. It's not 'honesty' to say whatever you feel.
Honesty is facing up to the situation, it's attending to your responsibilities. He agreed to accept large amounts of money in exchange for certain responsibilties, among them, discretion in the press. Most companies with a public profile have this in a standard Code of Conduct.
Why? Because public negativity causes loss of confidence, and loss of confidence impacts everything from brand value to team morale. You only have to look at Ratners for the ultimate example of a PR disaster.

He may only be voicing what a lot a fans are thinking, but as an insider, his voice carries more weight than ours, saying he understands why fans are nervous is a de facto vote of no confidence. If he wanted freedom of speech he shouldn't have sold it.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
how he plays has nothing to do with what he says. the words coming out of his mouth will only reflect how he feels, which may or may not be reflected in his play.

if he wants out, the players in the squad will already know that. and let's face it, every player is used to be talked about in the media or hearing about one of their colleagues - so it's just another day at the office.

it's the fans it affects more than anything to do with the squad - which is the real reason everyone has got so upset about this. whether or not his team mates hear about him saying things in the media is irrelevant - they will say it all behind closed doors anyway.

it is also not a case of 'allowing' or 'letting' players talk - they do so when they want anyway. so when they do, guaranteed their team mates are way ahead of us already.

Agree with this. The talk is aimed at the fans. He wants out but doesn't want to be the bad guy, so bullshit the fans and pretend to give a fuck about the team. I suppose he could even mean it but how unlikely is that? Players leaving doesn't really bother me, I'm an Arsenal fan after all. Players pretending to be my mate fucks me off. They're not my mate, they don't have my interests at heart, they don't give a shit what I want, in fact they have no respect for me at all. So my answer when they start playing their games is, "Fuck off then, but don't insult me with your bullshit."

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 01:13 PM
My feeling is that Carl Sagan is probably off in the Summer, most likely to City, and this is just the opening gambit of the usual 'I want a transfer without losing my loyalty bonus' dance.

From Arsenal's point of view, he fits the profile. 29, and his stock is high. He'll have 1 year left and the number of games he missed with injury last season, albeit with impact injuries, probably will inform that descision too. Any new contract will involve rising wages for diminishing returns - at least that's the rationale behind the over 30's policy. Like Van Persie, this looks like the perfect time to cash in.

From Sanga's point of view, this is also the perfect time to cash in. I don't doubt he wants to win things, but would he take a pay cut to do so? Does the Pope shit on bears? No.

He is a fantastic right back, one I would happily keep at the club till 32-33. So losing him would be another gutpunch to the team and the fans. But this is the reality. Doesn't matter how much they pose in 'Number 1 Fan' shirts, or talk about Spurs as 'the enemy'. Players don't love the club in the same way as we do, and they won't stay because of it.

For the record, I don't like what Saang has done. It's not 'honesty' to say whatever you feel.
Honesty is facing up to the situation, it's attending to your responsibilities. He agreed to accept large amounts of money in exchange for certain responsibilties, among them, discretion in the press. Most companies with a public profile have this in a standard Code of Conduct.
Why? Because public negativity causes loss of confidence, and loss of confidence impacts everything from brand value to team morale. You only have to look at Ratners for the ultimate example of a PR disaster.

He may only be voicing what a lot a fans are thinking, but as an insider, his voice carries more weight than ours, saying he understands why fans are nervous is a de facto vote of no confidence. If he wanted freedom of speech he shouldn't have sold it.

Sensible post. Players want to be treated like regular employees because of the liberty and advantages that brings, but they want to shun the standard conditions of a regular work contract because that often suits them too. Have their cake, eat it, then shit it out on the fans. Not good enough really.

Kano
10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Does the Pope shit on bears?
what happens in the vatican, stays in the vatican.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
what happens in the vatican, stays in the vatican.

Apart from the molestation which has been globalised.

GP
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Kano
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Apart from the molestation which has been globalised.
you can't hold back the best stuff all of the time

LDG
10-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Do you just shut your eyes and pretend it's someone else doing it to you?

GP
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Do you just shut your eyes and pretend it's someone else doing it to you?

lol, no.

IBK
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM

I'm afraid its a sign of the times when an up to now model professional feels it necessary to go public with this. Sad times.

Kano
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
i would definitely argue that any loss of confidence and devaluation of the arsenal 'brand' is a direct result of the boards strategy over the years, rather than just another -1 interview.

our next raft of sponsorship deals will tell us more no doubt.

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
i would definitely argue that any loss of confidence and devaluation of the arsenal 'brand' is a direct result of the boards strategy over the years, rather than just another -1 interview.

our next raft of sponsorship deals will tell us more no doubt.
Just because the negative effect is relatively small, does that make it ok?

When someone is lying bleeding in a car wreck, do you run in and have a sneaky kick?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Whether he says it or not is irrelevant, had he not said anything he'd still be thinking it.

Every player will have been left surprised at the fact we sold 1st teamers and chose to cash the money rather than investing some. We've spent nothing this summer effectively, in fact we've made a profit.

Then thats his issue and if he feels he needs to leave at the end of the season good luck to him.

Im sure every player was left suprised but only one went to the media, who he knows will twist his words to say how he felt.

Would be better if he was not injured and actually showed why he is valued. or he has done is 1of 2 things.

Bagged himself a new deal or become the next player to be sold. Lets not pretend what he did was for the fans or that he cares about the club either.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Not saying Sagna won't. All i said was Carzola now has put his head down even though he maybe thinking things. TV5 might be thinking the same, he was close to RVP not to mention are captain he spent his time away praising Bould when he could have said the same.

Kano
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
When someone is lying bleeding in a car wreck, do you run in and have a sneaky kick?
i tend to spit from a distance.

i'm not disputing whether it is ok or not. what is clear are the comparative effects. if he wasn't allowed to do so by the club, he would not pipe up or would be fined - along with many others.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Spot fecking on. Top post FOL

LDG
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM

i'm not disputing whether it is ok or not. what is clear are the comparative effects. if he wasn't allowed to do so by the club, he would not pipe up or would be fined - along with many others.

What are you disputing?

Kano
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
if you don't get my post, it really isn't that important to drag on

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
if you don't get my post, it really isn't that important to drag on

Agree. No fucks given.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Just because the negative effect is relatively small, does that make it ok?

Yes, always.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Interesting though. In the years I've been posting to the site the attitude of many people (and creatures) here, at least, has changed dramatically. Fans are getting fucked off, sick of the club and its bullshit, sick of the players and their bullshit. I'm not sure at all it's just about trophies or lack of them. Seems to me more and more fans can now smell what has been going on for a long time. I don't think the club or the players will care either way, unless if starts affecting revenue and earnings potential. But I hope they have at least figured some of the fans can see right through them. I hope they know we are impotently outraged. I hope they aren't laughing behind their hands because I'll get very, very cross if they are - and that will be about it because what else can you do to the ****s except make hand gestures through the bulletproof glass?

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, always.

Have you considered a career as player agent?

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
GP, The best in the world at what he does ?

Who?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Who?

Grimandi's Perm (GP)

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
:shrug:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
the guy who prides himself on being a jamaican sex offender

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted defender Bacary Sagna remains committed to the club.

The French full-back recently criticised the north London club's transfer policy following the sale of last season's Premier League top goalscorer Robin van Persie to rivals Manchester United.

However, the 62-year-old has expressed his belief that the former Auxerre man has no desire to leave the Emirates Stadium.

"Bacary loves the club and I think he will stay here," he told the club's official website.

"Bacary's interview doesn't reflect the love he has for this club. He has always given full commitment."

The 29-year-old joined the Gunners in 2007 following an £8.8 million move from Ligue 1.

The France international missed this summer's European Championship after sustaining a broken leg in a Premier League clash with Norwich in May.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/13/3373107/wenger-sagna-loves-arsenal-and-will-not-leave

Yeah hes gone

Özim
13-09-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/13/3373107/wenger-sagna-loves-arsenal-and-will-not-leave

Yeah hes gone
Wenger always says this about players, about him being confident they'll stay, that they won't be leaving, that we won't be able to be considered a big club if they leave.

It's a bit mystifying that he's not tired of getting egg in his face.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Wenger always says this about players, about him being confident they'll stay, that they won't be leaving, that we won't be able to be considered a big club if they leave.

It's a bit mystifying that he's not tired of getting egg in his face.

Well he'd not going to say he's is not commited and we will sell him is he that would be stupid now would'nt it.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Well he'd not going to say he's is not commited and we will sell him is he that would be stupid now would'nt it.

As stupid as saying hes committed and then selling him anyway?

Özim
13-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Pretty much :lol:

He could just say nothing, it's not that hard.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Not really no, You not going to break your players confidence in mid season by saying he don't care etc. what you do at the end of the season is a diffrent issue all together.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Not really no, You not going to break your players confidence in mid season by saying he don't care etc. what you do at the end of the season is a diffrent issue all together.

Sagnas season not started yet tbh and he wont be fit til March at least

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Sagnas season not started yet tbh and he wont be fit til March at least

So. he is still part of the sqaud.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:02 PM
So. he is still part of the sqaud.

Not for long

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Not for long

Sold in jan tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 12:04 PM

no, because thats not a stupid answer. by saying sagna is commited it means he drives the price up because otherwise if he says he will sell him, the clubs wont bid as much because they know we want to sell.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Nah no ones going to buy an injury prone player whilst hes still injured.

He'll see out the season with us, get back fit and on form and on form he is the best RB in the league and then be sold cos we dont want to kill Jenkinson

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:06 PM
no, because thats not a stupid answer. by saying sagna is commited it means he drives the price up because otherwise if he says he will sell him, the clubs wont bid as much because they know we want to sell.
Or better yet as a great man once said, "you say it best when you say nothing at all"

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Or better yet as a great man once said, "you say it best when you say nothing at all"

Gary Barlow :bow:

Ollie the Optimist

but he was asked a question in a press conference. if he says no comment, then the press will go mad saying wenger refuses to answer sagna questions, must mean he is off etc.

the best answer is the one he gave

Ollie the Optimist
Gary Barlow :bow:

it was ronan keating wasnt it?

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:08 PM
it was ronan keating wasnt it?

FFS i was joking, i know who sang it.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:09 PM
but he was asked a question in a press conference. if he says no comment, then the press will go mad saying wenger refuses to answer sagna questions, must mean he is off etc.

the best answer is the one he gave

Nah should have said he's getting sold in june now piss off, tbh.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Ah the old "he was asked a question" chestnut to try and excuse managers and players alike. There are ways around that as you well know.

They are professional enough to know they cant answer everything.

If Wenger was asked what his tactics were for the next game, do you think he'd answer that? Fuck no so why answer this?

On a sidenote the tactics will be the same, pass pass pass pass pass pass, lose the ball, concede, pass pass pass pass pass pass, hope for defensive errors ala Liverpool and maybe score

Yeah we're fucked

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah the old "he was asked a question" chestnut to try and excuse managers and players alike. There are ways around that as you well know.

If Wenger was asked what his tactics were for the next game, do you think he'd answer that? Fuck no so why answer this?

On a sidenote the tactics will be the same, pass pass pass pass pass pass, lose the ball, concede, pass pass pass pass pass pass, hope for defensive errors ala Liverpool and maybe score

Yeah we're fucked

Yes because asking what tactics your going to use againt Man Utd is exactly the same as asking if your going to sell you no1 right back. :doh:

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Yes because asking what tactics your going to use againt Man Utd is exactly the same as asking if your going to sell you no1 right back. :doh:

Missed the point completely as only you can

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Missed the point completely as only you can

Not really no.

Özim
13-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Sorry but he's looked like a total plank many a time before with regards players he said we're staying. Looks like he might have done it again.

As for giving the player confidence, what nonsense, how is Wenger saying he doesn't want to leave make any difference to that, the player knows his own mind. Wenger should have said there's nothing to discuss on the matter.....let the press think what they want.....as it is everyone thinks he's gonna leave anyway.

So yeah Wenger will end up with egg on his face one again, it's happened so many times now you could fry an omelette big enough to feed a small country in Africa by now.

I'm confident about one thing, Wenger doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Sorry but he's looked like a total plank many a time before with regards players he said we're staying. Looks like he might have done it again.

As for giving the player confidence, what nonsense, how is Wenger saying he doesn't want to leave make any difference to that, the player knows his own mind. Wenger should have said there's nothing to discuss on the matter.....let the press think what they want.....as it is everyone thinks he's gonna leave anyway.

So yeah Wenger will end up with egg on his face one again, it's happened so many times now you could fry an omelette big enough to feed a small country in Africa by now.

Someone shoves a micropone in your face you hardly say nothing do you. He was asked a question he answered it, if he ends up with egg on his face so be it do you think he gives a shit by now cause if you do your naive.

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Yeah we're fucked

right so either we go two ways, we ban journalists from asking a question about a certain subject (this case sagna) and they will write headlines anyway because we refused to asnwer so therefore in their minds something is going on or we do a fergie and ban any journalists who ask a question wenger doesnt like
not very sensible is it?

your point about being asked tatics is just stupid, no journalist would ask that because they know they wouldnt get an answer, however with regards to player sales etc they can ask because they will get an answer, and even no comment is an answer they can use to sell papers

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 12:24 PM

I'm confident about one thing, Wenger doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time.

the player knows his own mind, which is why wenger has to say they are comited and staying etc. if he says we will sell, the bidding clubs will just put in 5 million bids because they know we will sell, the player wants to go and arsenal lose out in the deal or just reject it and we have a fabregas situation on our hands of a player not caring

Özim
13-09-2012, 12:28 PM
the player knows his own mind, which is why wenger has to say they are comited and staying etc. if he says we will sell, the bidding clubs will just put in 5 million bids because they know we will sell, the player wants to go and arsenal lose out in the deal or just reject it and we have a fabregas situation on our hands of a player not caring
He doesn't have to say anything, at the end of the day Sagna will decide if it's time to move on not Wenger (as we've seen many a time).

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Woah Woah Woah, Fabregas did care lets not get it twisted despite what you and Ach may think. The boy just wanted to go home( not that its working for him so far).

With Sagna its more a case he is 29, injury prone as ach says, so if were going to get a good deal for him it will be now would it not.

Sagna does not have no Barca dna etc, so selling him should be a bit easy. And All Wenger is doing like to say is driving the price up for the summer.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 12:34 PM
He doesn't have to say anything, at the end of the day Sagna will decide if it's time to move on not Wenger (as we've seen many a time).

No the Board and Wenger will decide to Cash in on Sagna if they feel the time is right.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Woah Woah Woah, Fabregas did care lets not get it twisted despite what you and Ach may think. The boy just wanted to go home( not that its working for him so far).

And why is he wanting to go home used as a reason to defend him? Plenty of players in the world dont play for their home town club and they dont cry and moan about it as this **** did

They also dont make up injuries to get out of playing for us and then play for Barca a few days later when the move takes place

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 12:53 PM

yep thats fine, but why shouldnt the club cash in on him? thats all wenger is doing right now, is making sure if he does decide to go, no one knows about it right not so we get a better price

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Reporter: Were you disappointed Sagna went public with what he said?
AW: Any player or employee should defend the company they work for And if hes not happy he should go somewhere else.

wenger is getting ruthless again. good

Joker
13-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't agree that any player or employee should defend the company they work for no matter what they've done. What if the company's using forced labour, involved in corruption etc? Should an employee defend the company even if he knows this is going on? (I'm not saying Arsenal PLC are responsible for any of this, it's the principle I'm arguing against).

According to Wenger, employees are simply slaves to the company and its shareholders, and must accept all the decisions made by the management. He's stuck in a 19th century mindset of industrial relations.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Wenger should learn to STFU

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't agree that any player or employee should defend the company they work for no matter what they've done. What if the company's using forced labour, involved in corruption etc? Should an employee defend the company even if he knows this is going on? (I'm not saying Arsenal PLC are responsible for any of this, it's the principle I'm arguing against).

According to Wenger, employees are simply slaves to the company and its shareholders, and must accept all the decisions made by the management. He's stuck in a 19th century mindset of industrial relations.

If your not happy with what they are doing then leave its simple, no point saying "i hate the way harrods treats its staff" then continue working for them.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Any player or employee should defend the company they work for And if hes not happy he should go somewhere else.

The Ogg Monster
13-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Sagna should learn to STFU

^

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Wenger should learn to STFU

^

:goodpost:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2012, 03:33 PM

Wenger is 100% correct in a limited sense and 100% wrong in that he avoids the bigger picture. When you take the cash it's a given you shut your mouth. If you knowingly work for a corrupt company that uses forced labour then you're complicit and a criminal. Arsenal is most certainly a corrupt company by any realistic definition - a few at the top who invest very little and extract the maximum to the detriment of the majority. Fraud and theft when you don't have friends who write the law. White collar crime vs blue collar crime. A blinkered world view can help disguise these facts. Most people prefer to brush knowing participation under a mental carpet, others have principles. Some people value ignorance and the peace of mind it brings, others have respect for themselves. Sagna is a whore, just like Wenger and just like (almost) anyone else who works for a corporation. The stated aim of a corporation is to maximise profits for the shareholders as a priority to all other considerations. Therefore, in most cases (there are a very few exceptions now mostly expired), modern corporations are the very definition of evil and indeed insanity. Few will appreciate this because few understand what profit and money really is. I don't want to come across as a **** and there's a definite danger I've failed in that, but isn't it about time people got educated about the world they live in? Corporations hoard profit and funnel it upwards (check the published financial and economic data since 1970 and prior to 1920 for proof beyond reasonable doubt, plus the regularity of the "accidental" boom-bust cycle prior to those dates). Corporations socialise harm (ditto). Anyone involved in this process is a criminal, from the tea lady through to the top officers. Lots of excuses can be made to forgive these simple facts but the excuses don't mitigate the harm. I wonder where Arsenal gets all those shirts and baubles sold in their shop? Enslaving people through criminal manipulation of the economy is self evidently evil. Man Utd have already been caught for this and done nothing, yes? So Wenger is correct in one respect. When you are part of a criminal enterprise you play along, keep up the pretence, make sure the game endures uninterrupted. Don't get greedy, wait for your turn at the trough. Sagna took the cash, he should shut his hole, bend over and take it up the arse because that's what he signed up for. That's what the cash is for. Poor **** is only a mediocre footballer so the money is not for that, right?

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Wenger is 100% correct in a limited sense and 100% wrong in that he avoids the bigger picture. When you take the cash it's a given you shut your mouth. If you knowingly work for a corrupt company that uses forced labour then you're complicit and a criminal. Arsenal is most certainly a corrupt company by any realistic definition - a few at the top who invest very little and extract the maximum to the detriment of the majority. Fraud and theft when you don't have friends who write the law. White collar crime vs blue collar crime. A blinkered world view can help disguise these facts. Most people prefer to brush knowing participation under a mental carpet, others have principles. Some people value ignorance and the peace of mind it brings, others have respect for themselves. Sagna is a whore, just like Wenger and just like (almost) anyone else who works for a corporation. The stated aim of a corporation is to maximise profits for the shareholders as a priority to all other considerations. Therefore, in most cases (there are a very few exceptions now mostly expired), modern corporations are the very definition of evil and indeed insanity. Few will appreciate this because few understand what profit and money really is. I don't want to come across as a **** and there's a definite danger I've failed in that, but isn't it about time people got educated about the world they live in? Corporations hoard profit and funnel it upwards (check the published financial and economic data since 1970 and prior to 1920 for proof beyond reasonable doubt, plus the regularity of the "accidental" boom-bust cycle prior to those dates). Corporations socialise harm (ditto). Anyone involved in this process is a criminal, from the tea lady through to the top officers. Lots of excuses can be made to forgive these simple facts but the excuses don't mitigate the harm. I wonder where Arsenal gets all those shirts and baubles sold in their shop? Enslaving people through criminal manipulation of the economy is self evidently evil. Man Utd have already been caught for this and done nothing, yes? So Wenger is correct in one respect. When you are part of a criminal enterprise you play along, keep up the pretence, make sure the game endures uninterrupted. Don't get greedy, wait for your turn at the trough. Sagna took the cash, he should shut his hole, bend over and take it up the arse because that's what he signed up for. That's what the cash is for. Poor **** is only a mediocre footballer so the money is not for that, right?