PDA

View Full Version : Match Reacton thread Vs Southampton

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Good win, not sure what more then is to say.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-09-2012, 03:58 PM
excellent performance

must be put down to wenger throwing his arms up in the air throughout the game

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Arsenal. :bow:

Best GD in the league. Where will the goals come from though?

Syn
15-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Szczesny ruined everything. I rather we drew 0-0. It's all going horribly wrong. Panic!!! :ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Arsenal. :bow:

Best GD in the league. Where will the goals come from though?

RVC :pal:

Globalgunner
15-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Only negative was Giroud not getting on the scoresheet. Wenger should have brought him on at HT. I guess Schezny cockup gave him the collywobbles, aside from that ........I think we can win the league.....and everything else too. Lets make Wenger an offer he cant refuse.

Static
15-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Good win. 4 pts from the next two would be nice.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2012, 04:10 PM
RVC :pal:

:lol:

He can't score coming off the bench anymore.

Aida
15-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Do reckon Gervinho should play striker more often ?

Dennis Bendtner
15-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Took the chances when it was important. Fully exploited Southampton being all over the place. Took a bit of a stroll thereafter. Good to score some goals! Negative being Szczesny was poor at everything today. But that was basically the only one as those in front of him all had good games.

Alpha
15-09-2012, 04:11 PM
That was a perfect game for the Arsenal new look to show the fans what they are made of . Still waiting for bashers to put the team down as usual . I wouldn't be surprised if anyone says they are not happy because we didn't score 10 . Well done boys . What a game ? Wonder why it was not live on skysports ?

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Only negative was Giroud not getting on the scoresheet. Wenger should have brought him on at HT. I guess Schezny cockup gave him the collywobbles, aside from that ........I think we can win the league.....and everything else too. Lets make Wenger an offer he cant refuse.

Had theo not beena tit he would have had an easy tap in today, But i did not see anu fault from him today.

He can't score coming off the bench anymore.

:haha:

Got to say after RVC left did not think we'd see anyone here take a free kick as good as his, but Poldy Change that, what a goal that was.

And they said we'd not score without rvp.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 04:24 PM
That was a perfect game for the Arsenal new look to show the fans what they are made of . Still waiting for bashers to put the team down as usual . I wouldn't be surprised if anyone says they are not happy because we didn't score 10 . Well done boys . What a game ? Wonder why it was not live on skysports ?

Oh they will be on here, we'll bw told it was only saints etc. Giroud failed again etc. i say just enjoy the win tbh feck everything else.

Syn
15-09-2012, 04:25 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8029/7988725631_395fac99c2_z.jpg

Dennis Bendtner
15-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Was a very good free-kick, in spite of the lame attempt at a save. I was expecting a very German piledriver before he combed it.

Syn
15-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Indeed he passed it in. At about 70mph.

Master Splinter
15-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Podolski, Cazorla, Gervinho, Gibbs and Arteta killed them. Coquelin solid. Defence untroubled and composed, apart from early in the second half when the midfield went missing for a bit.

Oxo was a bit erratic, but still had loads of chances. Ramsey looked good too when he came on.

Szczesny :doh:. A bit dodgy. Hopefully some oil can sort out his engine too.

Playing as a team for the most part, goals from everywhere. Just need Giroud to pub in a few now.

Arsenal :bow:.

Marc Overmars
15-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Good stuff.

Apart from Chesney's fuck up.

Tipsychubbs
15-09-2012, 05:00 PM
To repeat what I said in the match thread, the movement against a packed defense was better. The scoreline was slightly flattering but we played well. Glad that AW is continuing to make good use of subs.

hobson's choice
15-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Good win, and performance, nice fluid play, the pace of our play has picked up these past two games. Good on Wenger for starting Gerv, no matter what people think of him, we are going to need Gervinho. We don't have one player who is gonna get us 25 plus goals. So we need all our attacking players providing goals and contributing something, hope this game gets his confidence back.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Near perfect performance

10 of the 11 starters were very good

Theo excellent when he came on as was Ramsey

Giroud, poor chap. Hope he gets the goal asap

The one starter that was terrible? Ches. Fucked up for the goal, distribution awful. Had one thing to do all game and he fucked that up. Average to shit keeper. Mannone in til January and depending on how he does, we might need a new one then. Ches to be sold

Santi is fucking awesome. His first touch, close control is brilliant. Unfortunately and most importantly, you dont get FFL points for that so he needs to produce assists/goals against Pub Teamers

Mertemaelen are brilliant. Said at the start of last season that they would be our best CB pairing and was laughed at. Whos laughing now?

Gibbs assisted the 2 OGs :bow: Jenkinson is enthusiastic but he does worry me at times.

Arteta played his first forward pass of the season and what ball it was to Gerv :bow: Speaking of Gerv, you know Southampton are shit if he scores 2 past you.

Ox did nothing of note. Time Theo came back in. Great goal and he should have been more selfish instead of trying to play Giroud in but at 5-1 up, you can see why he tried to get Giroud to score

My motm though, the Pod :bow: fucking love this player. CK :haha: Still think hes shit? Knew his FK was in as soon as he hit it. Was right behind it and it would have taken a wonder save to stop it. Fortunately the Saints keeper is someone no ones heard of and couldnt produce it and his strength and never give up attitude for the first goal was awlsome. RVC who?

On another note, the song for Giroud is great :bow: Its to the tune of Hey Jude :bow:

Doesnt get much better than that.

Ollie the Optimist
15-09-2012, 05:31 PM
what a win, what a performance.

after four games i would have loved this next stat
Played 4

Won 2

Drawn 2

Lost 0

GF 8

GA 1

GD +7

esp as one draw is at stoke and a win at anfield. great start to the season, onwards and upwards.

Ollie the Optimist
15-09-2012, 05:32 PM
also the most important thing today is knowing what happened last time we beat southampton 6-1 at home. yep it was the first game of the unbeatables and we won the league unbeaten.

Invincibles mark II - ITS ON

gunnerrrrr
15-09-2012, 05:40 PM
lets offer Carzola a 99 year contract extension...just to be safe!

What a fucking football player...best midfielder in the league already...by a country mile

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Hazard is better tbh

But very pleased with Santi regardless

Alpha
15-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Oh they will be on here, we'll bw told it was only saints etc. Giroud failed again etc. i say just enjoy the win tbh feck everything else.
Giroud not scoring was the only negative of the game . But he will come good . I was also happy to see walcott scoring against his former team and not celebrating like crazy Ade . It was very healthy to show respect to that team who is generous for us with young talents .

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Ive seen a couple of posts saying Giroud not scoring is the only negative in the game

Really?

Did no one see our clown of a keeper?

I wouldnt say Giroud was a negative either. If he had started then maybe

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Giroud not scoring was the only negative of the game . But he will come good . I was also happy to see walcott scoring against his former team and not celebrating like crazy Ade . It was very healthy to show respect to that team who is generous for us with young talents .

Yeah that was good of Theo tbf, can't argue he is good like that tbf.

Xhaka Can’t
15-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Looks like I picked a good first ever match for my son. I'll forgive him if he thinks Gervinho is a world beater.

Gerv had a great match. Actually the whole team looked good except for a dodgy performance from Ches.

I'm over the moon that this was my son's first game - he had a wonderful time - was jumping around like mad!!!

Alpha
15-09-2012, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Ach;193738]Ive seen a couple of posts saying Giroud not scoring is the only negative in the game

Really?

Cesny had a blunder . Wenger should have kept Mannone . Why did he try to fix it when it was not broken ? I think he got eggs on his face on this one . Giroud didn't play that bad . But him not scoring worries people as he will be under more pressure and Chamakhtise . We want him to start banging them in the sooner the better .

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Looks like I picked a good first ever match for my son. I'll forgive him if he thinks Gervinho is a world beater.

Gerv had a great match. Actually the whole team looked good except for a dodgy performance from Ches.

I'm over the moon that this was my son's first game - he had a wonderful time - was jumping around like mad!!!:goodpost:

Where were you guys sitting/jumping around?

fakeyank
15-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Missed the game coz the place I went to watch in Bangladesh wasnt showing it :banghead:

Glad we won though.. :bow:

AW :bow:

fakeyank
15-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone with links to the goals?

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 06:05 PM
on the performance...
Especially in the first 45 minutes we had a high level. We had a good combination of pace, speed in our passing, quick combinations, and the movement was excellent. We were a bit lucky as well because they conceded two own goals, but overall I think it was a level of continuity with what we have shown at Liverpool and today. The game was very interesting to watch. In the second half we lost a bit of urgency, that is human, but we controlled the game and remained serious.

on a big month ahead…
We have a big week coming up because we go on Tuesday now to Montpellier. On Sunday we play at Man City and we have two interesting weeks coming up because we play Chelsea as well. We will know more about our team then but there is a positive energy in this team, a desire to play well together, and real team play. It is very exciting.

on Gervinho playing through the middle…
You know we transform all wingers into central strikers and all the strikers into wingers! I decided that during our tour of Asia when I tried to play Gervinho there against Man City in that position. I liked what he did and it was in the back of my mind. It is interesting because he is such a great mover and he is so quick so when he is central, once he gets ahead of the central defender it is difficult to catch him back.

on Santi Cazorla…
Cazorla is a player who is just a pleasure to watch. You want him to have the ball. He typifies what Spain's midfielders are today - he is technically perfect, he has great vision and a great team attitude. We did fight with Malaga at the time [to get him last summer] and they were in Spain, they were quick to do the deal. But we remained on the ball, we were quite advanced with him last season.

on Lukas Podolski…
First of all Lukas has 101 caps for Germany. In our job, once you get the ball every time at the right moment, when you want it, with the right quality of the pass, it is easier to adapt. So when a team plays as well as it did today, the adaptation is easy. When you have to fight, and then you are exposed to the real English game, it is much more difficult. He is physically strong and he is a fantastic finisher. I had a little hesitation today to play him at centre forward because I had played him only once there. He gives us a balance on the left and I didn't want to destroy that because he did well at Liverpool.

on Francis Coquelin…
I didn't go on the [transfer] market because of him, because of Frimpong, because of Wilshere coming back - he is not far away now. Frimpong is joining in now on Monday in full training. Diaby as well, he plays in this position. We have no real defensive midfielder because we all go forward when we have the ball.

on leaving Giroud on the bench…
I felt that he is under much pressure at the moment and sometimes to get a little breather is good. What I will do on Tuesday I honestly don't know. I just felt that the time has come for him to not be under too much pressure.

on Walcott through the centre…
Walcott can play up front as well. We work on it with him. He was sick the whole week, he only had one training session.

on Diaby's fitness…
Diaby should be fit for Montpellier. He could even have played today, he had a good training session but we didn't want to take a risk.

on Szczesny's error for Southampton's goal…
I think he was disappointed. That's the negative of the day, that we conceded a goal, but we can swallow that. You have to concede at some stage but it happened like it happened.
Fair points

Master Splinter
15-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Anyone with links to the goals?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/live-video-updates-arsenal-v-southampton/

jelgoon
15-09-2012, 06:07 PM
How can he have gone off so much? Last season he was allegedly the best young keeper in the world! It couldnt be our coaching staff by any chance could it? ( I hate to sound a negative note on the day, according to everyone on here, we became odds-on to win the PL and CL ( on the back of killing the most shit team in the league at home)

Ive seen a couple of posts saying Giroud not scoring is the only negative in the game

Really?

I wouldnt say Giroud was a negative either. If he had started then maybe

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 06:11 PM
How can he have gone off so much? Last season he was allegedly the best young keeper in the world! It couldnt be our coaching staff by any chance could it? ( I hate to sound a negative note on the day, according to everyone on here, we became odds-on to win the PL and CL ( on the back of killing the most shit team in the league at home)

I think people are joking.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2012, 06:14 PM
It's on!

Xhaka Can’t
15-09-2012, 06:23 PM
:goodpost:

Where were you guys sitting/jumping around?

Opposite end to you it seems if you were behind the goal for the Podolski FK. In the North Bank Upper - Block 103.

We are in the Junior Gunners section for RPQ and Fulham.

Alpha
15-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Good win, and performance, nice fluid play, the pace of our play has picked up these past two games. Good on Wenger for starting Gerv, no matter what people think of him, we are going to need Gervinho. We don't have one player who is gonna get us 25 plus goals. So we need all our attacking players providing goals and contributing something, hope this game gets his confidence back.

Gervinho had the game of his life today . But in ideal world I would have preferred Podolski on the left and Walcott and Chambo fighting for the other side unless gervinho can reproduce the same performance week in week out . I wouldn't say it is unlikely but I have my doubts .

Niall_Quinn
15-09-2012, 07:09 PM
There are three class players in this team and they stand out a mile, Cazorla, Podolski and Arteta. The defence seems to have benefited from time with somebody who has a clue.

Letters
15-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Very pleasing result.
Chesney had a shocker but apart from that a great performance in the first half. Not so much in the 2nd but once we got the 5th goal we livened up again. Cazorla is outstanding.

Master Splinter
15-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Five British players on at the end.

With Wheelchair and Dench to come back.

Project GHEL :bow:.

And do not forget we have also Eastmond who can play. Play where? We do not like to say. But yes, we see him as a striker.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Opposite end to you it seems if you were behind the goal for the Podolski FK. In the North Bank Upper - Block 103.

We are in the Junior Gunners section for RPQ and Fulham.

Nah i was behind Podolski so pretty close to you. In 106. Pretty good view of the free kick from where i was though.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Five British players on at the end.

With Wheelchair and Dench to come back.

Project GHEL :bow:.

And do not forget we have also Eastmond who can play. Play where? We do not like to say. But yes, we see him as a striker.

Gibbs, Ramsey, Ox and Theo

Thats 4 tbh

Xhaka Can’t
15-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Nah i was behind Podolski so pretty close to you. In 106. Pretty good view of the free kick from where i was though.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was going in. Easy to say after the fact, but I genuinely thought that.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Gibbs, Ramsey, Ox and Theo

Thats 4 tbh

Jenkinson is the 5th.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Jenkinson is the 5th.

He's Finnish

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 09:31 PM
He's Finnish

Half and Half English.

Cripps_orig
15-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Half and Half English.

You're eithe Full English or a nobody

Japan Shaking All Over
16-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Near perfect performance

10 of the 11 starters were very good

Theo excellent when he came on as was Ramsey

Giroud, poor chap. Hope he gets the goal asap

The one starter that was terrible? Ches. Fucked up for the goal, distribution awful. Had one thing to do all game and he fucked that up. Average to shit keeper. Mannone in til January and depending on how he does, we might need a new one then. Ches to be sold

Santi is fucking awesome. His first touch, close control is brilliant. Unfortunately and most importantly, you dont get FFL points for that so he needs to produce assists/goals against Pub Teamers

Mertemaelen are brilliant. Said at the start of last season that they would be our best CB pairing and was laughed at. Whos laughing now?

Gibbs assisted the 2 OGs :bow: Jenkinson is enthusiastic but he does worry me at times.

Arteta played his first forward pass of the season and what ball it was to Gerv :bow: Speaking of Gerv, you know Southampton are shit if he scores 2 past you.

Ox did nothing of note. Time Theo came back in. Great goal and he should have been more selfish instead of trying to play Giroud in but at 5-1 up, you can see why he tried to get Giroud to score

My motm though, the Pod :bow: fucking love this player. CK :haha: Still think hes shit? Knew his FK was in as soon as he hit it. Was right behind it and it would have taken a wonder save to stop it. Fortunately the Saints keeper is someone no ones heard of and couldnt produce it and his strength and never give up attitude for the first goal was awlsome. RVC who?

On another note, the song for Giroud is great :bow: Its to the tune of Hey Jude :bow:

Doesnt get much better than that.

Good Post Cripps

But save me the claim of visionary abilities of picking Merts ahead of Kos, I dont think there is any Arsenal fan who is disappointed with our three first choice CBs, I just think a few believe that Kos is the better player but whether it is Merts ahead of Kos or visa versa its a good place to be. Merts is playing well with TV5 now and there is no way we should break up the happy home.

For me, based on the first four games I think the team are playing even more like a team than in the past, nowhere near the standards set by the Invincibles but no longer a team that has to rely on one player being on their game.

Players are looking to bring one another into the game, can be tappy tappy and Soton made us look great but a good team performance.

I thought Gibbs played well, against stronger teams he will need to rein himself in though, Ghelkinson was solid again too although he and Ches are brainfart material.

Coq was good too, didnt miss Diaby whose attacking tendencies were not needed.

Pods and Santi :bow: my man Gerv too :good: just hope that he doesnt follow Theos lead of thinking one good performance a month is enough!

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Oh trust me there were plenty on here critisising Mert when we got him last season. Ive been a fan for ages though. I'm glad Kos has stepped up to their level somewhat. Gives us good cover

We dont seem a one man team anymore, i agree. With RVC gone, the rest have stepped up and Pod and Cazorla have been brilliant. Heres hoping Giroud clicks asap as well.

We wont get an easier game than this one this season but it still had to be won and before the game, we all expected a tough game seeing how Southampton ran both Manc clubs close but we were very professional and got the job done.

Liking the look of Gibbs. Will be in the England squad regularly for sure soon. If shite like Bertrand is picked ahead of him, Woy needs to be shot and killed. Jenkinson is someone who i think tried too hard to impress and therefore makes more mistakes. Hes done well this season but hes not someone we can rely on for a whole season so Sagna is a Must Get Fit asap. Ches has been woefully off form since end of last season which continued on in to the Euros and now this season. Mannone should never have been dropped. He did nothing wrong v Stoke and Pool.

Forgot to mention Coq in my initial post. Gave the ball away a few times but did win it back and is ever willing to run for the cause. Cos of him, Arteta could finally push forward and play that ball to Gerv for his first. No way would we see that if Arteta was playing deep.

Definitely the best ive seen Gervinho play. Played some good balls across the area as well and had we had any fucker in the box, he'd have got an assist or 2. Hope he comes good

fakeyank
16-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Has theo signed an extension yet? If not, we dont need poison like him in our team anymore... clear the team of c*nts!

Japan Shaking All Over
16-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Oh trust me there were plenty on here critisising Mert when we got him last season. Ive been a fan for ages though. I'm glad Kos has stepped up to their level somewhat. Gives us good cover

We dont seem a one man team anymore, i agree. With RVC gone, the rest have stepped up and Pod and Cazorla have been brilliant. Heres hoping Giroud clicks asap as well.

We wont get an easier game than this one this season but it still had to be won and before the game, we all expected a tough game seeing how Southampton ran both Manc clubs close but we were very professional and got the job done.

Liking the look of Gibbs. Will be in the England squad regularly for sure soon. If shite like Bertrand is picked ahead of him, Woy needs to be shot and killed. Jenkinson is someone who i think tried too hard to impress and therefore makes more mistakes. Hes done well this season but hes not someone we can rely on for a whole season so Sagna is a Must Get Fit asap. Ches has been woefully off form since end of last season which continued on in to the Euros and now this season. Mannone should never have been dropped. He did nothing wrong v Stoke and Pool.

Forgot to mention Coq in my initial post. Gave the ball away a few times but did win it back and is ever willing to run for the cause. Cos of him, Arteta could finally push forward and play that ball to Gerv for his first. No way would we see that if Arteta was playing deep.

Definitely the best ive seen Gervinho play. Played some good balls across the area as well and had we had any fucker in the box, he'd have got an assist or 2. Hope he comes good

Good Post mate. . .even giving my boy Gervs props. . .:good: although even I waa beginning to show sugns of dispair at his funishing and constant tendency to run the ball out of play. The fluid top three seemed to work but I agree Southampton gave us nothing more than a training exercise.

What we need is to see what we are like against the bigger boys starting next week. . .anyway love the way the team are functioning together

Maestro
16-09-2012, 09:09 AM
just got back in from the match. how was it?

Syn
16-09-2012, 10:12 AM
just got back in from the match. how was it?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/138/244/funny-barack-michelle-obama-face.jpg?1308706785

LDG
16-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Pissed all over that lot. And they ain't as bad a side as people are making out. Hansen typically highlighted the back line for gerviho's first. They were in a good shape, we were just to quick.

Great performance.

AKBapologist
16-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Given that joker never posts when we play well, I felt I should take time to fill the void:

"This result is just papering over the cracks. It won't be long before the full extent of wengers flawed approach to life reveals itself and everyone, even the deluded supporters like AKBappologist will come to their senses and demand wenger to leave!" /joker

I was actually expecting this to be a bit of a Bannana skin. Newly promoted team that scored readily against some of the other top sides - known for playing well and having a go, was expecting them to be this years swansea - and for there luck to turn just in time to face us. Even at 4-1 I was thinking (please don't be another Newcastle)...

New Arsenal :bow:

Chesney should be benched though tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Given that joker and never posts when we play well, I felt I should take time to fill the void:

"This result is just papering over the cracks. It won't be long before the full extent of wengers flawed approach to life reveals itself and everyone, even the deluded supporters like AKBappologist will come to their senses and demand wenger to leave!" /joker

I was actually expecting this to be a bit of a Bannana skin. Newly promoted team that scored readily against some of the other top sides - known for playing well and having a go, was expecting them to be this years swansea - and for there luck to turn just in time to face us. Even at 4-1 I was thinking (please don't be another Newcastle)...

New Arsenal :bow:

Chesney should be benched though tbh.

:gp:

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Hansen and Shearer waxing lyricals about us last night on MOTD

Best in the world at what they do :bow:

Özim
16-09-2012, 11:05 AM
:gp:
I didn't even see the match to be honest, was painting my house. Popped back in 2nd half had lunch then went off again.

All I can say is good result.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I didn't even see the match to be honest, was painting my house. Popped back in 2nd half had lunch then went off again.

All I can say is good result.

Don't worry dude i was just joshing you.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-09-2012, 12:04 PM

which is why we needed to sign a decent back up keeper to knock some sense into the kid. when he comes out with quotes like "my biggest problem is not enough focus in the games without huge stakes. I can’t find the spark in myself" then you have to expect blunders. mannone has played well this season but do you really think chez is worried by him? not at all. he has free reign to perform how he wants knowing there's no other keeper likely to come in. and in true WUMger style we bought no-one to add some pressure. id like to see taffarel come back from retirement or we could give taibi a call? surely both options are better than fabianski.

personally id drop chez for the champions league game but i seem to remember mannone having 2 excellent games a couple of years ago then costing us points at upton park. hopefully he's more focused now.

also im starting to see a bit of flair from chamberlain which im loving. he's not following this tippy tappy rule the rest of our players seem to be following. when he gets the ball he puts his head down and does some tricks ronaldo style. think its what we've been lacking over the past few years, a real stand out player who doesn't give a fuck about passing 2 yards.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-09-2012, 12:05 PM
oh and cazorla is unreal. what a signing.

Letters
16-09-2012, 12:19 PM
All I can say is good result.'Cos if you say anything else you'd have to give us some credit, and we can't have that now can we?

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 12:43 PM
which is why we needed to sign a decent back up keeper to knock some sense into the kid. when he comes out with quotes like "my biggest problem is not enough focus in the games without huge stakes. I can’t find the spark in myself" then you have to expect blunders. mannone has played well this season but do you really think chez is worried by him? not at all. he has free reign to perform how he wants knowing there's no other keeper likely to come in. and in true WUMger style we bought no-one to add some pressure. id like to see taffarel come back from retirement or we could give taibi a call? surely both options are better than fabianski.

personally id drop chez for the champions league game but i seem to remember mannone having 2 excellent games a couple of years ago then costing us points at upton park. hopefully he's more focused now.

You are preaching to the choir. Ive been saying the same for ages. Was laughed at but once again i have been proved right unfortunately i might add.

Hate being right :(

Syn
16-09-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/ibe9cry4sqdp85.gif

Simply amazing. The accuracy of Szczesny's pass, that is.