PDA

View Full Version : Carl Jenkinson

Kano
18-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Deserves his own thread. A true Arsenal hero.

The rest are wankers, Fuck em. Until he gets into the England squad, he's the beating heart of the club on the pitch.

All hail Jenko.

Marc Overmars
18-09-2012, 09:05 PM
He's still got a lot to learn but there's no doubting he is a capable back-up to Sagan.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2012, 09:07 PM
awful player

plays too many suicide passes

wouldnt get into most mid-table teams let alone a top 4 team

has improved but thats not hard is it?

need sagna back asap

GP
18-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Best haircut I've ever seen.

Master Splinter
18-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Sagan :lol:.

GHELkers is the future.

selassie
18-09-2012, 09:36 PM
He's improving rapidly, I like him.

Ollie the Optimist
18-09-2012, 09:38 PM
if he was as bad as ww says he is then we wouldnt have conceded just two goals this season (both of which cannot be blamed on him at all) he has been a brilliant part of this defence, he has kept that right side rock solid, put in an assist (today) and looks good.

fari
18-09-2012, 09:41 PM
if he was as bad as ww says he is then we wouldnt have conceded just two goals this season (both of which cannot be blamed on him at all) he has been a brilliant part of this defence, he has kept that right side rock solid, put in an assist (today) and looks good.

i agree...dude has come on leaps and bounds over the past year. he looked like a deer in headlights against manu at old trafford last year but not anymore. part of it too is that ox helps him out defensively on that side

gunnerrrrr
18-09-2012, 09:42 PM
awful player

plays too many suicide passes

wouldnt get into most mid-table teams let alone a top 4 team

has improved but thats not hard is it?

need sagna back asap
do you watch our games at all?

the lad, bar a few bad passes early on in the season has been excellent, and has done a credible job in Sagna " the big mouth" absence

GP
18-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Yep. It's a shame some people can't admit they're wrong.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I just noticed what a great job Jenkinson did for Belhanda's chance, raced in to block the left side of goal (as Belhanda saw it) and probably stopped Belhanda choosing that side to shoot towards.

Kano
18-09-2012, 09:49 PM
and if denilson and every other average player that has passed through or retained on our books can get a quick payrise, give this lad a salary bump.

Ollie the Optimist
18-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Yep. It's a shame some people can't admit they're wrong.

i know it sad really. especially with this guy, he is a real gunner, been a fan all his life and runs in the family. he cares and you can tell that when he plays.

read an interview somewhere with him last week and his favourite moment from last season was not making his debut, not winning his first game, you know the usual stuff. it was the team beating spurs because as a fan he said, tahts the best game to win.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2012, 10:15 PM

wont win anything with the likes of jenkinson in the team. id put our great run down to the defence working as a unit and being well drilled, not jenkinson specifically doing anything amazing. we know most of our defenders are individually good but as a unit they used to be terrible. that seems to have been sorted now and we're reaping the rewards.

he still plays suicide passes which will prove fatal against top teams. 3 vs pool, 1 vs southampton and 1 tonight.

he has improved but that wasn't hard was it? he was crap

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2012, 10:17 PM
i know it sad really. especially with this guy, he is a real gunner, been a fan all his life and runs in the family. he cares and you can tell that when he plays.

read an interview somewhere with him last week and his favourite moment from last season was not making his debut, not winning his first game, you know the usual stuff. it was the team beating spurs because as a fan he said, tahts the best game to win.

:lol: whats that got to do with anything? does that make him a better player? it that supposed to make supporters give him more time even though we've waited 7 years for success? ashley was a gooner. van ****sie was a gooner. song said he'd cry if we ever told him to leave.

it means fuck all. the sooner you get that the better.

GP
18-09-2012, 10:20 PM
wont win anything with the likes of jenkinson in the team. id put our great run down to the defence working as a unit and being well drilled, not jenkinson specifically doing anything amazing. we know most of our defenders are individually good but as a unit they used to be terrible. that seems to have been sorted now and we're reaping the rewards.

he still plays suicide passes which will prove fatal against top teams. 3 vs pool, 1 vs southampton and 1 tonight.

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Jenks was decent last year and he's decent this year. You listen to all these hotshots on big money going on about time to settle, this kid was chucked in head first in the deep end with zero experience. It's plain he's swimming rather than sinking. Certainly not a flair player but a good and solid backup to that other whinging bloke who wants to be away.

Cripps_orig
18-09-2012, 11:12 PM
He was awful last season so the only way he could go was up this season and tbf to the dude, hes done well.

Still, he gives away the ball a bit too much for my liking

Decent squad filler

Need Sagna back asap though

Finland can be proud regardless

Boss
19-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Decent performance yesterday.

Love this lad :bow: :bow:

Syn
19-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I want him to do very well. He is only one of two players I have a personal interest in (no homo).

And he has done a good job so far this season - especially defensively, which is his main role. His decision-making wrt passing could've landed us in trouble a fair few times so someone should have a word and tell him to hoof it if in danger. Liking his one-on-one defending. Works extremely hard - the type of player I can get behind regardless of quality. For me, that's what it's all about; as long as the players are doing their absolute best, they get my support.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 09:41 AM

We did not win anything with RVP/Cesc/Ade/Nasri/ inthe team whats your point. give the guy credit for how he has done this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 09:45 AM
He was awful last season

No he was not, He was inexprienced at this level but that a diffrent thing.

LDG
19-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't get where he was awful last year :unsure:

When Sagan got injured he was playing well until he got injured himself.

Only bad game he had was against Utd. But quite clearly, it wasn't just him that day.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-09-2012, 09:55 AM
We did not win anything with RVP/Cesc/Ade/Nasri/ inthe team whats your point. give the guy credit for how he has done this season.

if we won nothing with them in the team we'll win nothing with the likes of jenkinson. he's not good enough for a team supposedly challenging for trophies. thats my point.

i have no problem giving him credit, in fact ive already admitted he's improved from last season. but im refusing to jump on this continuous bandwaggon we create for some of our players because one thing ive learnt over the past 7 years is that it usually follows with disappointment. djourou had 1 good season and now look at him, hated by a majority. senderos had a couple of great seasons then went awol. denilson stormed the carling cup final against chelsea and his career fell apart quicker than chamakh could say shisha.

im rightly cautious about some of our players because ive seen careers nosedive and players fuck off. jenkinson's been part of a good defensive unit but he has bigger tests to face over the next couple of seasons. one day if he turns into a better right back than sagna, believe me, ill be there to hand him an apology on a silver plate.

but for now, hes shite.

Kano
19-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I want him to do very well. He is only one of two players I have a personal interest in (no homo).

And he has done a good job so far this season - especially defensively, which is his main role. His decision-making wrt passing could've landed us in trouble a fair few times so someone should have a word and tell him to hoof it if in danger. Liking his one-on-one defending. Works extremely hard - the type of player I can get behind regardless of quality. For me, that's what it's all about; as long as the players are doing their absolute best, they get my support.

exactly my thoughts. love this kid and couldn't care less how 'world class' he becomes.

his energy and more importantly willingness to play for the club is what really matters and is much needed in a time when 99.99999999999999999% of footballers in the world are utter ****balls. the rest of the knobheads in our team will all fuck off one day without a second thought and if we can keep this lad out of the national team, he'll want to stay forever.

homo.

fakeyank
19-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Improved incredibly from last season. Still no where near Sagna.. good back up player to have. Gotta sign Sagna up to a new deal asap!

LDG
19-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Fuck me, he's only 20 years old :lol:

Give the lad a break. He may not be as techical as Santi fucking Cazorla, but he's doing his job. Long may it continue.

He's doing brilliantly at this moment in time. Hopefully he will carry on improving. Competition for places is what we want, and hopefuly Jenks can provide that.

Gooner :bow:

bignev
19-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Give the lad a break. He may not be as techical as Santi fucking Cazorla, but he's doing his job. Long may it continue.

He's doing brilliantly at this moment in time. Hopefully he will carry on improving. Competition for places is what we want, and hopefuly Jenks can provide that.

:gp:

People expect players to be world class by 19/20 these days. It's crazy.

milla
19-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Good job so far though I can't wait for Bac to start again. :coffee:

Kano
19-09-2012, 10:16 AM
bac is a better defender of course.

but he wants to fuck off.

so he can fuck right off.

sit on the bench, sort your move and lets have someone who wants to play for us in the team.

GP
19-09-2012, 10:16 AM

Exactly. He's doing a good job. He's improving game by game, but he has at no point been shit or awful.

Unlike Letters' face.

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2012, 10:21 AM
He may not be as techical as Santi fucking Cazorla.

I've heard enough. Sell him he's shit.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Joker
19-09-2012, 10:25 AM
He had a good game yesterday, but still think he gives the ball away in dangerous areas too often.
However, he's a very good crosser of the ball and offers a good attacking threat.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 10:31 AM
No he was not, He was inexprienced at this level but that a diffrent thing.

Inexperienced is just a fancy word for shit and he was that last season therefore whilst hes been pretty good so far this season, im not ready to call him the best right back the world has ever seen as you and some others are

Syn
19-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Inexperienced is just a fancy word for shit and he was that last season therefore whilst hes been pretty good so far this season, im not ready to call him the best right back the world has ever seen as you and some others are

You're better than the straw man. Worrying times if that's all there is left in the tank.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Yes, there are lots of people calling him the best right back the world has ever seen. He's playing okay, he's not bitching for more money, he's not trying to scarper out the door, he's not crying about the position he plays in, he's not up in court for being pissed in public and he has a stupid haircut - I'd leave well alone.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 10:37 AM
:wacko:

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 10:40 AM
:wacko:

FFS

I set it all up for the Charlie classic line starting with "I never said......"

You failed me

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Jenksinon. :bow:

Pride of Finland.

Özim
19-09-2012, 10:46 AM
he's not bitching for more money, he's not trying to scarper out the door, he's not crying about the position he plays in, he's not up in court for being pissed in public and he has a stupid haircut - I'd leave well alone.
To be fair he's pretty damn lucky to be where he is, a year ago he wasn't even playing for Charlton, not many players like him would be in a top clubs 1st team.

You can't expect him to complain, he must be in dreamland right now, in addition he's not high profile enough to hanker for a move and isn't wanted by other big clubs, not saying that he will be in future just saying that you can't compare him to the top players we've lost who have basically had plenty of options.

IMO way too much is being said about how good our defence is so far, we've done well in the 1st few games but it's early days and I did think we looked a bit dodgy yesterday at times, we got away with one definite penalty appeal (gave one away which Verm admitted was as he didn't touch the ball) and gave them two easy chances to score against a team who have really struggled so far this season.

All in all satisfactory work but people are getting a bit carried away with our start.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 10:47 AM
To be fair he's pretty damn lucky to be where he is, a year ago he wasn't even playing for Charlton, not many players like him would be in a top clubs 1st team.

You can't expect him to complain, he must be in dreamland right now, in addition he's not high profile enough to hanker for a move and isn't wanted by other big clubs, not saying that he will be in future just saying that you can't compare him to the top players we've lost who have basically had plenty of options.

Pretty much

Kano
19-09-2012, 10:51 AM

IMO way too much is being said about how good our defence is so far, we've done well in the 1st few games but it's early days and I did think we looked a bit dodgy yesterday at times, we got away with one definite penalty appeal (gave one away which Verm admitted was as he didn't touch the ball) and gave them two easy chances to score against a team who have really struggled so far this season.

All in all satisfactory work but people are getting a bit carried away with our start.
i'd much rather have him in the team than any of the other mercenary fucks in our ranks.

LDG
19-09-2012, 10:57 AM

I don't think anyone is getting carried away.

There is no harm in being pleased though, and giving it a bit of :bow:

We do support Arsenal you know. It's nice when we're playing well.

For the love of...

Özim
19-09-2012, 10:58 AM
i'd much rather have him in the team than any of the other mercenary fucks in our ranks.
The thing is though we have no idea if in future he'll be loyal or not, he may well be but at this stage there's no way of telling.

If he turns out to be top notch and Barca or another top club show interest then we'll see what he's made of.

Özim
19-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't think anyone is getting carried away.

There is no harm in being pleased though, and giving it a bit of :bow:

We do support Arsenal you know. It's nice when we're playing well.

For the love of...
I think we see this every season to be fair (at some stage). Yes it's great we've started reasonably well (we didn't play well yesterday though, certainly not in the 2nd half) but a few games isn't really a good reflection on what has and hasn't changed.

Last season we had a mare for the 1st few games and look how that changed after the initial bad run.

Kano
19-09-2012, 11:03 AM
The thing is though we have no idea if in future he'll be loyal or not, he may well be but at this stage there's no way of telling.

If he turns out to be top notch and Barca or another top club show interest then we'll see what he's made of.

very true. the biggest worry is getting near the ****s in the england team.

at the moment though, we can only go on what he is currently doing and where he has come from.

if fans really want a player to believe in on the pitch, this is the guy.

may not ever be the best in his position - even in the club - but as it stands playing for us means more to him than anyone else in the squad and that is a rare thing.

it should be appreciated far more in times when so many fans are disillusioned with the club.

LDG
19-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I think we see this every season to be fair (at some stage). Yes it's great we've started reasonably well (we didn't play well yesterday though, certainly not in the 2nd half) but a few games isn't really a good reflection on what has and hasn't changed.

Last season we had a mare for the 1st few games and look how that changed after the initial bad run.

Read through the match thread. Everyone is saying the same thing as you about last night in terms of thoughts on the game.

But most people are happy.

Happy doesn't equal getting carried away. It equals "Yes!! We won!! Arsenal :bow:"

Just because you're not happy, doesn't mean everyone else can't be.

Miserable git <_<

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Read through the match thread. Everyone is saying the same thing as you about last night in terms of thoughts on the game.

But most people are happy.

Happy doesn't equal getting carried away. It equals "Yes!! We won!! Arsenal :bow:"

Just because you're not happy, doesn't mean everyone else can't be.

Miserable git <_<

Bergkampwonderland10
19-09-2012, 11:35 AM
This kid grew up in the Highbury terraces...he's whole family are gooners...not too much question about his loyalty. Let's just hope he continues to progress as he's been doing.

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 11:40 AM
As i have said many times, who a player supports means f all to players.

I agree with Zimm.

All this crap being said about Jenks here about how he will never leave cos hes a gooner blah blah blah was said about Cole in 2001, RVP a few years later

The rest is history.

If Jenks turns out to be as good as them, hes gone. Only way he'll stay is if he remains a bit shit and knows this is as good as it will get for him

Bergkampwonderland10
19-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Not all players. Look at Steven Gerrard, sure his loyalty was tested by Chelsea...but it doesn;t mean f all to 'all players'. Anyways - it's all hypothetical, really not sure how good jenkinson will get to be fair, but I like him and I think he likes us.

As i have said many times, who a player supports means f all to players.

I agree with Zimm.

All this crap being said about Jenks here about how he will never leave cos hes a gooner blah blah blah was said about Cole in 2001, RVP a few years later

The rest is history.

If Jenks turns out to be as good as them, hes gone. Only way he'll stay is if he remains a bit shit and knows this is as good as it will get for him

Bergkampwonderland10
19-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I agree with Zimm.

Love this collector's item :)

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Love this collector's item :)

Remember the days they use to Argue over who was better Denilson or Diaby :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-09-2012, 11:55 AM

maybe but remember we shipped in 15+ goals by this point last season against teams like blackburn.

the work that has been done in the space of 2 months is nothing short of remarkable. credit where its due.

just enjoying these couple of weeks because the inevitable will happen and wenger will start restricting boulds input as he'll feel under threat knowing bould is a capable successor and will carry on showing him up. then we'll be at square 1 again.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 11:57 AM
maybe but remember we shipped in 15+ goals by this point last season against teams like blackburn.

Would not call Man Utd a team, like Blackburn, well....

Cripps_orig
19-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Would not all Man Utd a tea, like Blackburn, well....

What?

Olivier's xmas twist
19-09-2012, 12:18 PM
What?
Would not call Utd a team like Blackburn tbf.

Alpha
20-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Something must really be wrong with Arsenal fans . They should be happy with Jerkinson and encouraging him with Sagna whose commitment is now questioned . Carl is just 20 and is making huge progress . I don't think Sagna was that good at that age . When we bought him he was 24 and I'm sure at 24 Jerkinson will be top notch . His all game is improving and he has shown he can deal well in tricky games . Every player make mistakes we need got look at the big picture . His defending , his attacking , his crosses are not bad at all . Leave the boy alone .He is Wenger's new jewelry .

Xhaka Can’t
20-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Alpha, you need to consider who it is that are slagging him off.

Jenko has been effective this season and I have no recollection of him being shit when he played last season.

Syn
20-09-2012, 10:33 AM
@alpha, I don't think Jenkinson will ever be top notch. He is village filth but he can carve out a good career as someone who goes around kicking wingers. There is big demand for that right now.

Gibbs is the one to watch out for. He looks like he has a very nice ceiling in his cave.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Alpha, you need to consider who it is that are slagging him off.

Jenko has been effective this season and I have no recollection of him being shit when he played last season.

He made some mistakes last season but he also fixed one of the biggest problems we had - Sagna's comical crossing.

selassie
20-09-2012, 11:15 AM
@alpha, I don't think Jenkinson will ever be top notch. He is village filth but he can carve out a good career as someone who goes around kicking wingers. There is big demand for that right now.

Gibbs is the one to watch out for. He looks like he has a very nice ceiling in his cave.

Yep I agree with this.

Gibbs is playing at a high level this season and IMHO will be knocking on Ashley Cole's spot for a starting place in the NT if he keeps on developing and stays fit.

I think long term he will be a far superior player to Baines or Bertrand, IMHO Gibbs has a higher ceiling.

Alpha
20-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Gibbs is a product of our academy . He had a chance to learn from all top players we had . He benefited from a top coach like wenger . But Jerky comes from a pub team without facility of Arsenal standard . No role model . No top coach . But on the pitch I think Jerkinson looks more comfortable than Gibbs . They are both good going forward but Jerky has the better cross . They can all defend but Jerky has the better tackle . Sometimes , Gibbs worries me when he ushers players from the middle of the park to our goal .
People may contradict me but in my opinion Jerkinson looks safe hand at the right than Gibbs is at the left . They are still both learning their trade though .

Alpha
20-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Yep I agree with this.

Gibbs is playing at a high level this season and IMHO will be knocking on Ashley Cole's spot for a starting place in the NT if he keeps on developing and stays fit.

I think long term he will be a far superior player to Baines or Bertrand, IMHO Gibbs has a higher ceiling.

Gibbs looks more high profile than Jerkinson as he is English . Being half -english doesn't help Carl's case on this occasion . His only chance is wenger not looking at the passport .

SayNoMore
20-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Gibbs looks more high profile than Jerkinson as he is English . Being half -english doesn't help Carl's case on this occasion . His only chance is wenger not looking at the passport .

No its because he is a much better FB at the moment, hasnt really put a foot wrong and the consistency he has shown this season is very impressive. Jenkinson is an okay player, he will get better and not really expecting him to be anything else, get the basic defending right is what i expect.

Alpha
20-09-2012, 12:09 PM
No its because he is a much better FB at the moment, hasnt really put a foot wrong and the consistency he has shown this season is very impressive. Jenkinson is an okay player, he will get better and not really expecting him to be anything else, get the basic defending right is what i expect.

TV5 covers many of Gibbs mistakes and makes him look better than he is . Put Squillaci there and both will be exposed .

SayNoMore
20-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Perhaps, but thats because Gibbs ventures beyond the half way line and provides a viable attacking contribution. Either way Gibbs looks far more promising than Jenko and rightly so! Still think Jenkinson will turn into a solid rb.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 01:00 PM
TV5 covers many of Gibbs mistakes and makes him look better than he is . Put Squillaci there and both will be exposed .

TBF Gibbs has had 1st team exprience for a while now, and if you remeember that game in the Cl against UTD where he had a mare, he had the time to learn to imrpove, where as Jenkinson Came up from league 1 or 2, so for where he was he has done well, but he has a lot to prove before being called world class etc.

selassie
20-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Or more like that Gibbs is a better player. I like Jenkinson, I think he's come on leaps and bounds but IMHO he won't ever develop into a top player, I think he can be very useful for us and is a good squad player to have but that's all. Gibbs IMHO has the potential to be a top class full back.

LDG
20-09-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't remember Gary Neville being anything more than utter filth, but he did what it says on the tin when it comes to being a defender. Jenko can replicate that, and he's quicker too. We played for 15-odd years with a left back who had one foot FFS.

Arsenal fans are such fucking snobs. Everyone has to play like Robert Pires before he's classed as half decent.

Anyone remember Sagna getting arse-raped by that Moses dude last season? And he can't cross a ball to save his life. But he's still one of the best fullbacks in the league.

There are about 4 super super dooper quality fullbacks in the world who can attack and defend at the same time. Our boys do a pretty good job of it, and will get better.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't remember Gary Neville being anything more than utter filth, but he did what it says on the tin when it comes to being a defender. Jenko can replicate that, and he's quicker too. We played for 15-odd years with a left back who had one foot FFS.

Arsenal fans are such fucking snobs. Everyone has to play like Robert Pires before he's classed as half decent.

Anyone remember Sagna getting arse-raped by that Moses dude last season? And he can't cross a ball to save his life. But he's still one of the best fullbacks in the league.

There are about 4 super super dooper quality fullbacks in the world who can attack and defend at the same time. Our boys do a pretty good job of it, and will get better.

Spot on LDG

Syn
20-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Yeah it's getting ridiculous these days. It has gone completely reverse to what it was a few years ago. I don't understand this self-loathing guilt that we seem to carry 'round. You can't make a comment like "[token squaddy] had a good game" without having to qualify it with a "but we'll find out more after the next 73 games".

LDG
20-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah it's getting ridiculous these days. It has gone completely reverse to what it was a few years ago. I don't understand this self-loathing guilt that we seem to carry 'round. You can't make a comment like "[token squaddy] had a good game" without having to qualify it with a "but we'll find out more after the next 73 games".

The worst one is at games when we're five nil up, and someone misplaces a pass. The collective *sigh* of around 40,000 people is truly atonishing.

Özim
20-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh for a fullback who can actually cross as well as defend. Why is it that all our full backs can't master the art of the cross.

I suggest sticking a target in the penalty area and let them keep crossing until they start to become accurate.

LDG
20-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh for a fullback who can actually cross as well as defend. Why is it that all our ful backs can't master the art of the cross.

Because we never practice it. It hasn't been part of our game for a while.

Jenko's a great crosser of the ball though. He's got that nice way of taking the ball early for the cross.

Problem is, nobody is ever in the box :lol:

Özim
20-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Because we never practice it. It hasn't been part of our game for a while.

Jenko's a great crosser of the ball though. He's got that nice way of taking the ball early for the cross.

Problem is, nobody is ever in the box :lol:
It's a shame really because whippping crosses cause havoc.

Haven't seen too much of him, but he's got to be an improvement on the other guys which can only be good :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2012, 02:05 PM

well you cant blame fans can you? i mean we were sold a vision when we moved to the emirates with a bunch of youngsters but it turned out to be the opposite. we've had players like denilson, djourou, bendtner and eboue filling our ranks and they continually left us disappointed. its created an air of scepticism which means for once, fans aren't jumping on a bandwaggon when certain players churn out a few half-decent performances. we're more cautious in our approach and won't be entrenched into forming potentially misguided views. i remember denilson after the carling cup final defeat to chelsea a few years back, fans hailed him as the son of god. tbf he comes from the same country as gilberto so he probably was. or djourou after his excellent season in 2010-2011, people hailed him as the future kingpin of our defence. we know what happened next. you blame fans for having a go at players if they aren't up to standard but the flip argument can be said for you- its fans like you that continually set up this trap for disappointment. jenkinson has improved - thats not even in question - but riding his dick after a few performances is a bit over the top. especially when he's still making silly mistakes aka suicide passes.

i dont see why we have to constantly put a tag on players such as 'hes going to be better than sagna' or 'x is going to be better than clichy'. why dont we just sit back and see how it goes. everyone to their own and that, after all, it wouldnt be fun if we all agreed would it?

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Tbf after 7 years of shit and waiting to see young players turn class which never happened, fans have lost patience and cba waiting to see more young players coming good in a few years. We want to see them come good now

Fair enough on Jenks. After being utter shite last season, he has improved considerably this season but the horrors of last season can not be forgotten after just 4 games

LDG
20-09-2012, 02:27 PM
well you cant blame fans can you? i mean we were sold a vision when we moved to the emirates with a bunch of youngsters but it turned out to be the opposite. we've had players like denilson, djourou, bendtner and eboue filling our ranks and they continually left us disappointed. its created an air of scepticism which means for once, fans aren't jumping on a bandwaggon when certain players churn out a few half-decent performances. we're more cautious in our approach and won't be entrenched into forming potentially misguided views. i remember denilson after the carling cup final defeat to chelsea a few years back, fans hailed him as the son of god. tbf he comes from the same country as gilberto so he probably was. or djourou after his excellent season in 2010-2011, people hailed him as the future kingpin of our defence. we know what happened next. you blame fans for having a go at players if they aren't up to standard but the flip argument can be said for you- its fans like you that continually set up this trap for disappointment. jenkinson has improved - thats not even in question - but riding his dick after a few performances is a bit over the top. especially when he's still making silly mistakes aka suicide passes.

i dont see why we have to constantly put a tag on players such as 'hes going to be better than sagna' or 'x is going to be better than clichy'. why dont we just sit back and see how it goes. everyone to their own and that, after all, it wouldnt be fun if we all agreed would it?

I haven't said anything about what he's going to be. If you read my posts about him so far...I'm saying he's done a good job and has played well. Surely giving a 20 yr old a pat on the back is slightly better than saying he's shit?

All I was doing was highlighting how so many people are getting ****y, because everyone seems to expect some poncy foriegn puff with rainbows coming out of his arse, when in fact, all you need (aka Gary Neville) is a gritty little bastard who doesn't mind digging in. It was not about the player per say.

LDG
20-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Tbf after 7 years of shit and waiting to see young players turn class which never happened, fans have lost patience and cba waiting to see more young players coming good in a few years. We want to see them come good now

Fair enough on Jenks. After being utter shite last season, he has improved considerably this season but the horrors of last season can not be forgotten after just 4 games

I wouldn't say it was all shit. We just haven't won a trophy, that's all.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't say it was all shit. We just haven't won a trophy, that's all.

Add that to the average players getting so much game time, same mistakes being made over and over again tactically or otherwise by Wenger, top players being sold and not being replaced by quality and so on, fans have lost patience.

Cant really blame them

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Yeah but LDG is not only talking about Youngsters is he. Even if we bought Llorente there will be some saying how overrated he is, if he did not score many goals etc.

Even when we got Eduardo who was quality, fans moaned because he was not Henry. Funnily enough Fans where happy when Clichy replaced cole, cause most thought we have a replacement who was better.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Add that to the average players getting so much game time, same mistakes being made over and over again tactically or otherwise by Wenger, top players being sold and not being replaced by quality and so on, fans have lost patience.

Cant really blame them

Yep thats why 60,000 of them still turn up each week to watch us play.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Yep thats why 60,000 of them still turn up each week to watch us play.

Dont judge the fans reaction by attendance. We support the club, not the regime.

There is a difference.

When you are older, you will see the difference

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Dont judge the fans reaction by attendance. We support the club, not the regime.

There is a difference.

When you are older, you will see the difference
Each to their own, all i know is if id paid a season ticked and lost patience as you say you have. Then no way id be renewing it for next season. That does not make me less of a fan.

Its easy to sit on a computer and moan etc about how the fans a fed up, but when their still adding to the cause you have to laugh sometimes.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Each to their own, all i know is if id paid a season ticked and lost patience as you say you have. Then no way id be renewing it for next season. That does not make me less of a fan.

Its easy to sit on a computer and moan etc about how the fans a fed up, but when their still adding to the cause you have to laugh sometimes.
We were just talking about how fans sigh when a pass is misplaced or a clown drops a clanger, yes that is really behind a computer :rolleyes:

Many people have not renewed. Just cos i havent doesnt means others havent.

2 years ago before we got the call about the season ticket, we were 10,000+ on the waiting list and werent expecting a ST for few years yet but proof in the pudding and thousands havent replied.

Games going to General sale, many more games being available to red members is also proof. Different people will go to one off games, The seats to the right of me are always different people, not season ticket holders

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 02:45 PM
We were just talking about how fans sigh when a pass is misplaced or a clown drops a clanger, yes that is really behind a computer :rolleyes:

Many people have not renewed. Just cos i havent doesnt means others havent.

2 years ago before we got the call about the season ticket, we were 10,000+ on the waiting list and werent expecting a ST for few years yet but proof in the pudding and thousands havent replied.

Games going to General sale, many more games being available to red members is also proof. Different people will go to one off games, The seats to the right of me are always different people, not season ticket holders

Season ticket holders on not, there are still people going. Heck id like to go to games and Cheer on the boys, but i'll be dammed if i give those people my money while the club is run like this no effing way.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Season ticket holders on not, there are still people going. Heck id like to go to games and Cheer on the boys, but i'll be dammed if i give those people my money while the club is run like this no effing way.

People will always go

We are the Arsenal

Not Arsene Wenger FC.

Doesnt change what i said

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I haven't said anything about what he's going to be. If you read my posts about him so far...I'm saying he's done a good job and has played well. Surely giving a 20 yr old a pat on the back is slightly better than saying he's shit?

All I was doing was highlighting how so many people are getting ****y, because everyone seems to expect some poncy foriegn puff with rainbows coming out of his arse, when in fact, all you need (aka Gary Neville) is a gritty little bastard who doesn't mind digging in. It was not about the player per say.

i said fans like you, not you specifically. im talking about the bandwagon effect when one great performance emerges. people hail a player as the next arsenal legend or potential superstar but as others have already stated, fans are a little bit more reserved about young players now. lets face it, we've got every right to be because we've been left disappointed a number of times. most of our players either a. walk b. get sold or c. are crap. i dont see why we should jump on the jenkinson bandwagon when he's had a couple of half-decent games. it sets you up for a great fall, a fall we've had to endure too many times. ill judge him in the long run and for now ill stick to my own conclusions, which i think is fair.

in terms of giving the 20 year old a pat on his back then ive already done that. i said he's improved and ive spoken glowingly about our defence this season. if you want me to take it onto the next level and give him extraordinary recognition then no i wont. and i think i have a right not to judging by previous.

LDG
20-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Cant really blame them

Quite happy to call the club out for their mistakes. And I have done, plenty.

All I can say, is that we're lucky we were not in the previous generation watching Arsenal.

We've hat it pretty good, because sides before and under GG were utter, utter shite for years and years and years. Lucky if we got top ten.

LDG
20-09-2012, 03:09 PM
i said fans like you, not you specifically. im talking about the bandwagon effect when one great performance emerges. people hail a player as the next arsenal legend or potential superstar but as others have already stated, fans are a little bit more reserved about young players now. lets face it, we've got every right to be because we've been left disappointed a number of times. most of our players either a. walk b. get sold or c. are crap. i dont see why we should jump on the jenkinson bandwagon when he's had a couple of half-decent games. it sets you up for a great fall, a fall we've had to endure too many times. ill judge him in the long run and for now ill stick to my own conclusions, which i think is fair.

in terms of giving the 20 year old a pat on his back then ive already done that. i said he's improved and ive spoken glowingly about our defence this season. if you want me to take it onto the next level and give him extraordinary recognition then no i wont. and i think i have a right not to judging by previous.

Erm....yes....not asking you too either :wacko:

Kano
20-09-2012, 03:14 PM
no one, not one person has marked him as the next superstar.

if i'm wrong, pull up the multiple posts from here.

i recognise that he will never be a great player but i couldn't care less about that. he wants to play for us. he is a fan of the club. a real fan. in times like this with a team full of spastic ****s only interested in money, then it is a massive relief that we have a player who understands what the club is and its history. that shared knowledge with us fans is a rare thing and should be lauded.

i was sitting on the sofa with my son watching the game the other night and he asked me a very simple question that i struggled with for a while. 'Who is your favourite Arsenal player at the moment'. I looked at them and thought 'fuck knows, none of the ****s'. they are a bunch of strangers to me that will only be replaced by another bunch in a season or two. then i saw jenkinson and his rough around the edges game and thought 'well at least he gives a rats arse about being here, rather than playing for his next pay rise'. that's what i'm interested in nowadays, as the rest of the football world has left me completely disillusioned with the whole fucking caboodle. if one half decent right back who gives his all for our club is the best we have, then i'm right behind supporting him, because players who give a shit are a dying breed.

Alpha
20-09-2012, 03:16 PM
well you cant blame fans can you? i mean we were sold a vision when we moved to the emirates with a bunch of youngsters but it turned out to be the opposite. we've had players like denilson, djourou, bendtner and eboue filling our ranks and they continually left us disappointed. its created an air of scepticism which means for once, fans aren't jumping on a bandwaggon when certain players churn out a few half-decent performances. we're more cautious in our approach and won't be entrenched into forming potentially misguided views. i remember denilson after the carling cup final defeat to chelsea a few years back, fans hailed him as the son of god. tbf he comes from the same country as gilberto so he probably was. or djourou after his excellent season in 2010-2011, people hailed him as the future kingpin of our defence. we know what happened next. you blame fans for having a go at players if they aren't up to standard but the flip argument can be said for you- its fans like you that continually set up this

trap for disappointment. jenkinson has improved - thats not even in question - but riding his dick after a few performances is a bit over the top. especially when he's still making silly mistakes aka suicide passes.

Problem with Emirates fans they want their team to win but they don't push them to victory . It's not surprising that most of time opposite fans are louder than ourselves in our own ground . It is unacceptable . Go to places like Turkey , fans create a very intimidating atmosphere for any visiting team and make life hell for them . That is what we suppose to do . We have a chance of having Wenger as a coach but how many times has he been booed by his own fans ? You can only see that at the emirates . We win together and we lose together . Being skeptical about a player when the jury is still open is one thing but discouraging a young player who is making visible progress is out of order IMO .

LDG
20-09-2012, 03:16 PM

i recognise that he will never be a great player but i couldn't care less about that. he wants to play for us. he is a fan of the club. a real fan. in times like this with a team full of spastic ****s only interested in money, then it is a massive relief that we have a player who understands what the club is and its history. that shared knowledge with us fans is a rare thing and should be lauded.

i was sitting on the sofa with my son watching the game the other night and he asked me a very simple question that i struggled with for a while. 'Who is your favourite Arsenal player at the moment'. I looked at them and thought 'fuck knows, none of the ****s'. they are a bunch of strangers to me that will only be replaced by another bunch in a season or two. then i saw jenkinson and his rough around the edges game and thought 'well at least he gives a rats arse about being here, rather than playing for his next pay rise'. that's what i'm interested in nowadays, as the rest of the football world has left me completely disillusioned with the whole fucking caboodle. if one half decent right back who gives his all for our club is the best we have, then i'm right behind supporting him, because players who give a shit are a dying breed.

Fuck it.

Have two.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Quite happy to call the club out for their mistakes. And I have done, plenty.

All I can say, is that we're lucky we were not in the previous generation watching Arsenal.

We've hat it pretty good, because sides before and under GG were utter, utter shite for years and years and years. Lucky if we got top ten.

good post, i lived through the GG years and at times it was utter hell. some people just dont know what its like to support a mid to high table club cos thats what we roughlly were.

Syn
20-09-2012, 03:26 PM
It's true that I thought Van Persie had a connection to the club, but now I've learned my lesson. People will point to the Cashley example but as we've discussed before, it is an anomaly. I'm only willing to trust two players to be genuine Arsenal fans who'd stay even when wanted elsewhere.

Vermaelen, Sagna, Koscielny, Szczesny - fuck them all. They'll all fuck off when Barca come calling. Arteta, Cazorla etc...well they won't be going anywhere because they came at too late an age. If they were 23 they'd also fuck off in a year.

I don't really care about any player, individually, than Wilshere and Jenkinson.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Problem with Emirates fans they want their team to win but they don't push them to victory . It's not surprising that most of time opposite fans are louder than ourselves in our own ground . It is unacceptable . Go to places like Turkey , fans create a very intimidating atmosphere for any visiting team and make life hell for them . That is what we suppose to do . We have a chance of having Wenger as a coach but how many times has he been booed by his own fans ? You can only see that at the emirates . We win together and we lose together . Being skeptical about a player when the jury is still open is one thing but discouraging a young player who is making visible progress is out of order IMO .

thats what you get when you price out the real fans. we have a new wave of middle class snobs who know little about the club, history or the game in general but believe they have a divine opinion just because they have a season ticket with their name on it. in general i tend to avoid the emirates because it's crap for atmosphere, away fans have much more fun even when things arent going right. tbh its like that at most grounds now, we focus on the emirates because its our home of course. i go on liverpool forums and there's 50 page threads about how the atmosphere at anfield is the worst its been for 50 years. even old trafford is quiet compared to what it used to be.

get used to it mate. prices keep going up and the hardcore fans will keep getting priced out.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I think it shows on the pitch that he's perhaps technically inferior to his teammates but he's clearly good enough to hold his own. Yes there is an element of village to his game, but then we're not talking about a playmaker or striker here, all a RB needs to do is cover his ground up and down the pitch, and GHELkinson does that. The technical things come next and he stands a damn good chance of improving that side to his game here than Charlton or whatever pub team he used to play for.

No one has jumped the gun with him, all thats been said is he's doing fine.

Being a genuine Gooner gives him some extra props but then so it should anyway.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 03:29 PM
so far this season he has held his own pretty damn well for being so inexperienced. puts a shift in and seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and work for the collective, cant ask for much more than that. his game will get better with experience and the addition of bouldy and banfield to the 1st team.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 03:31 PM
thats what you get when you price out the real fans. we have a new wave of middle class snobs who know little about the club, history or the game in general but believe they have a divine opinion just because they have a season ticket with their name on it. in general i tend to avoid the emirates because it's crap for atmosphere, away fans have much more fun even when things arent going right. tbh its like that at most grounds now, we focus on the emirates because its our home of course. i go on liverpool forums and there's 50 page threads about how the atmosphere at anfield is the worst its been for 50 years. even old trafford is quiet compared to what it used to be.

get used to it mate. prices keep going up and the hardcore fans will keep getting priced out.

Spot on WW, too many Prawn sandwhich ****s.

Our away support is amazing and considering how they said we used to be so quite.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Our away support is amazing and considering how they said we used to be so quite.

personally i dont give a fuck if they are prawn sandwich brigade. i go to watch the arsenal not to watch the other 60K odd of fans.

so yes, i disagree with whats going on but i still love the arsenal and will still go and pay to watch them, if you think i am a mug for doing so, then so be it. as WW said, one day i will be priced out but at the moment i can afford to go and i will go.

but yes, away fans do seem to have much more fun, winning or losing i must say.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Erm....yes....not asking you too either :wacko:

you did.

it flashed up on the sky sports news bar.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 03:43 PM
personally i dont give a fuck if they are prawn sandwich brigade. i go to watch the arsenal not to watch the other 60K odd of fans.

so yes, i disagree with whats going on but i still love the arsenal and will still go and pay to watch them, if you think i am a mug for doing so, then so be it. as WW said, one day i will be priced out but at the moment i can afford to go and i will go.

but yes, away fans do seem to have much more fun, winning or losing i must say.
Never said you were a mug, nor do i think you are, was talking about the PS brigade, not all the fans. I do beileve we have a lot of real fans who go to the games, but like WW said about being priced out.

This but then i think it comes down to a generational thing. I mean take Liverpool fans now, they'd be pissed with how things are going. Where as their dads and Grandads in their time growing up saw wonderful Pool sides.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Same shit was said about Cole 10 years ago...

We've been let down too many times by players who are so called Arsenal fans. Jenks unfortunately is a victim of other players actions.

Plus hes a bit shit

Considering he was utterly shit last season, its a big improvement

Oh and favourite player? Should have said Podolski

/thread

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Never said you were a mug, nor do i think you are, was talking about the PS brigade, not all the fans. I do beileve we have a lot of real fans who go to the games, but like WW said about being priced out.

This but then i think it comes down to a generational thing. I mean take Liverpool fans now, they'd be pissed with how things are going. Where as their dads and Grandads in their time growing up saw wonderful Pool sides.

i know you werent calling me a mug mate, just a figure of speach

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Never been to an away game

Home support though is annoying. Too loud for my liking. Need to STFU and let me watch the game in peace

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 03:54 PM
do you actually need to be a away member or something. been thinking of going to our away matches but havent looked into it

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 03:57 PM
No idea. Never looked in to it

I get bored enough watching Arsenal at home and getting to home games is a hassle in itself so fuck going miles away to get bored.

Maybe if we be a little less shit, might look in to it

LDG
20-09-2012, 03:59 PM
do you actually need to be a away member or something. been thinking of going to our away matches but havent looked into it

You can apply as a red member I think.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 04:03 PM
cheers-ish i been too lazy to look into it. finally became a silver member so they better bloody let me have away tickets considering the price of the dam membership! wouldnt be happy if you had to join an away scheme as well!

LDG
20-09-2012, 04:12 PM
cheers-ish i been too lazy to look into it. finally became a silver member so they better bloody let me have away tickets considering the price of the dam membership! wouldnt be happy if you had to join an away scheme as well!

Think you just apply by form or something....read about it the other day. It's quite popular now though because of the atmosphere.

It's great fun, I must admit. Trying to get some tickets for Saints later in the season, as it's close by.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Think you just apply by form or something....read about it the other day. It's quite popular now though because of the atmosphere.

It's great fun, I must admit. Trying to get some tickets for Saints later in the season, as it's close by.

nice one fella. just had a quick look online and didnt seem very obvious to me

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2012, 05:38 PM

depends what you want.

there's the AST which are away season ticket holders, basically those that get completely mugged off by the board. they go to every away game including certain cup games.

then there's the travel club. you build up points over a number of seasons to get priority. the more points you get the sooner you can buy tickets when they go on sale. in order to build up points you usually end up going to shitty northern games that no-one else goes to. over time your points build up and you can go to the in-demand games e.g. those that sell out quicker. membership for this isnt always open, i think it opens every couple of years.

then there's gold, silver and red members. gold members still need to build up away points, they dont get priority just because they've splashed out £1000+ on a season ticket. madness right?

leftovers go to general sale. usually the carling cup games.

tickets go in this order:
season ticket with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits and travel club with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits. if any are left they go to silver then reds.

me and a few friends have travel club memberships, two also have season tickets so we make sure theres plenty of points racked up in order to get first dibs on the big games. starting with the etihad this sunday :beer:

Alpha
22-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Jenkinson will be much better defender than Sagna . He can attack and cross better than him . He can defend as well as him . What Sagna got more than Jenky is just experience and how to read a game which the boy will get with time .

7sam
22-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Really this guy cought my eye this year, say what you say but he has put on some great efforts with no fatal mistake. I don't care what he has done last season, I care about now, he is young and don't see him leaving any time soon. Let Sagna have someone to compeet with him and also give him some rest when needed. As for who could replace Jenkinson if he get injured right now (God forbid) the answer is scary, Djouro is simply horrible playing at that position.:run:

Alpha
22-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Really this guy cought my eye this year, say what you say but he has put on some great efforts with no fatal mistake. I don't care what he has done last season, I care about now, he is young and don't see him leaving any time soon. Let Sagna have someone to compeet with him and also give him some rest when needed. As for who could replace Jenkinson if he get injured right now (God forbid) the answer is scary, Djouro is simply horrible playing at that position.:run:

I still think Nico Yenaris and Coquelin can do a good job on the right in case neither of Sagna nor Jenkinson are available . So we shouldn't worry too much unless Wenger got mad and drafts Djourou in which would be totally nonsense as he is a pointless defender ATM .

Ernesto
22-09-2012, 11:17 AM
me and a few friends have travel club memberships, two also have season tickets so we make sure theres plenty of points racked up in order to get first dibs on the big games. starting with the etihad this sunday :beer:

49 quid for away to Man City, wasn't it?

Disgusting for a club who were plying their trade in the 2nd division 10 years ago to be charging that much now....

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-09-2012, 11:57 AM
yeah.

upton park's £49 quid and they're newly promoted.

selassie
23-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought that was his best game for us today. Defensively and offensively superb.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Very good. Shame Javi Garcia pulled off the most cynical foul of all time right at the end.

GP
23-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah, really good performance today.

He's really quick too!

Olivier's xmas twist
23-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I thought that was his best game for us today. Defensively and offensively superb.

Was our best player today, not that he will be given any credit.

Cripps_orig
23-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Neville waxing lyrical about him

Neville :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
23-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Very good. Shame Javi Garcia pulled off the most cynical foul of all time right at the end.

That and when he burned Lescott in the first half showed his stamina. I think he's improving on the ball as well.

Master Splinter
23-09-2012, 05:41 PM
He did what Theo should do to defenders three times today.

He has been awlsome :bow:.

Time for a GHELkers statue in place of Henry's tbf.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Jenkinson will be much better defender than Sagna . He can attack and cross better than him . He can defend as well as him . What Sagna got more than Jenky is just experience and how to read a game which the boy will get with time .

We'll see. The real test for him is when he moves from being the kid from Cheltenham who's doing well - bless, to the serious footballer who could make a few quid for the hangers-on. Then we'll see what his temperament is like. No point even trying to guess beforehand.

Alpha
24-09-2012, 09:31 AM
We'll see. The real test for him is when he moves from being the kid from Cheltenham who's doing well - bless, to the serious footballer who could make a few quid for the hangers-on. Then we'll see what his temperament is like. No point even trying to guess beforehand.

When it comes to money , you can't trust any player anymore . Ronaldo , RVP , Rooney ,Barry ..etc.. give us a good lesson .
But you can't deny the obvious progress the kid is making in such a short time . I bet he will be a fantastic footballer . Whether we will keep him for a long time or not is another question . Every player need some financial assurance for their future and some trophy for their pride . We need to match that at some stage . We can't continue to blame them forever . Who would want to remain in mediocrity ? No even you , I suppose .

Alpha
24-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Are you still convinced Jenkinson will not be a top defender ? I would like to hear from you again . I know it is too early to judge his progress but what we are seeing now is very very positive . Good sign of a star in the making .

Syn
24-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Are you still convinced Jenkinson will not be a top defender ? I would like to hear from you again . I know it is too early to judge his progress but what we are seeing now is very very positive . Good sign of a star in the making .

Had a nice game. The his stamina is mental. And physical. No-one I'd rather see 'make it' so hope you're right.

LDG
24-09-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article787733.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Arsenal-v-Liverpool-Premie-League-Carl-Jenkinson+cropped

Syn
24-09-2012, 09:53 AM
That's beautiful.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 11:04 AM
He did what Theo should do to defenders three times today.

He has been awlsome :bow:.

Time for a GHELkers statue in place of Henry's tbf.

Spot on.

fakeyank
24-09-2012, 12:02 PM
He was MOTM for me against City. Turning out to be a top player.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 12:15 PM
He was MOTM for me against City. Turning out to be a top player.

Same.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Plays with immense heart, can be prone to the odd suicide pass, there was one moment yesterday when Arteta called the the ball when he was quite clearly unavailable but you could see Carl willing for away to get it to him, thank fuck he didnt in the end. . .funny to watch though

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Plays with immense heart, can be prone to the odd suicide pass, there was one moment yesterday when Arteta called the the ball when he was quite clearly unavailable but you could see Carl willing for away to get it to him, thank fuck he didnt in the end. . .funny to watch though

The boy works hard thats for sure, not the best RB but like you says plays with alot of heart.

Kano
24-09-2012, 01:06 PM
very heart warming.

nice to see everyone coming round to get behind the lad.

arsenal ledge in the making.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 03:38 PM
very heart warming.

nice to see everyone coming round to get behind the lad.

arsenal ledge in the making.

Carl Jenkinson>Kyle Walker> Glen Johnson tbh.

GP
24-09-2012, 03:58 PM
GHELkers is miles better than Walker, and as far as I know he's never stolen a toilet seat.

GHELkers for EnglandFinland!

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 04:00 PM
GHELkers is miles better than Walker, and as far as I know he's never stolen a toilet seat.

Walker has been shocking this season, 1 season wonder tbh.

Cripps_orig
24-09-2012, 04:08 PM
GW reverting to type about a player whos had 5 good games after a season of shite

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 04:16 PM
GW reverting to type about a player whos had 5 good games after a season of shite

GW does not have an Opinion tbh.

Cripps_orig
24-09-2012, 04:19 PM
GW does not have an Opinion tbh.

Never said it did

The Emirates Gallactico
24-09-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g91WVLiKAg

Amazing performance. Him alongside Per were my Men of the match. Had Sinclair and Rodwell in his back pocket the whole game, though not to dampen things those two are incredibly shit. Bigger tests will come against the likes of Nani, Hazard et al but I'm confident he will rise up to the challenge.

Anyway if keeps up the hard work I'm certain he'll become a legend. Unlike the likes of Coquelin, Diaby and the OX, who I worry about, he seems to be a lot more humble and down to earth. Most likely appreciative of where he is and just glad he gets to play weekly for the club who he supports.

Was Hodgson at the game? Not that it's a massive issue but it would be good to have another England lad in the team. Jack, Gibbs, Ox, Theo, Jenkinson ...... the future of England is Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Never said it did

Never said, you said it did.

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2012, 05:21 PM
my favourtie jenkinson moment yesterday was when he chased down a ball that he had no right to win, yet he beat lescott to it and set up a podolski shot.

it just summed him up, strong, quick but above determined to never ever give up

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Never said, you said it did.

You could say that he implied it did.

But you never said that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-09-2012, 05:35 PM
awful last season and fucking crap yeste....

in all seriousness he played well. he kept things simple for once instead of trying to overcomplicate. when he does that it benefits everyone. it was also the first game he didn't try a suicide pass, think bouldy's had a word.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-09-2012, 07:16 PM
You could say that he implied it did.

But you never said that.

Well......

Olivier's xmas twist
29-09-2012, 04:02 PM
This dude is becoming a fave of mine, once again he did well. If he can keep it up then alll the better for us.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Cafurl Jenkinson. :bow:

Marc Overmars
29-09-2012, 04:50 PM
He has an awesome GHELcut.

fakeyank
29-09-2012, 05:08 PM
His crossing was Sagna-level today.. Wengeritis affecting him

fari
29-09-2012, 05:26 PM
This dude is becoming a fave of mine, once again he did well. If he can keep it up then alll the better for us.

yeah...dude has really stepped up his game, his confidence is high his decision making is intelligent and he has loads of desire and grit...last year he was thrown in at the deep end but this year dude is motherfcuking swimming

Kyle?
30-09-2012, 12:34 AM
You do realise it's Kos who was referred to as "the white cafu". Why do people attribute it to Jenkinson?

As for Jenkinson, he deserves an England callup. Totally outplaying Johnson and Walker at the moment.

Xhaka Can’t
30-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I would rather Jenks not getting called up. He is young, still needs to improve and we have to see how he deals with a personal dip in form for the Club before the pressure and increased obligations of playing for his national side kick in.

Dennis Bendtner
30-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Pretty sure it will happen soon. Woy has given out loads of first call-ups to lesser performers. Suppose they'll want to secure him away from Finland as well.

Marc Overmars
30-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I think there's a chance he'll be selected for the next set of qualifiers. Johnson is suspended so he'll probably be back-up to Walker.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah but once Micah Richards comes back jenjo will be further down the que.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-09-2012, 11:30 AM
cafu was a right back

kos is a centre back

calling him cafu makes no sense whatsoever

jenkinson is and always will be cafu

Olivier's xmas twist
30-09-2012, 11:48 AM
cafu was a right back

kos is a centre back

calling him cafu makes no sense whatsoever

jenkinson is and always will be cafu

I know right could you make it any more obvious.

Kyle?
30-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Google "the white cafu" and it'll show old articles about Koscielny, when he was forced to cover at RB last season. I'm not an idiot.

GP
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Apparently his dad is a professional singer.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-10-2012, 12:32 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8165260/Arsenal-defender-Carl-Jenkinson-has-trained-with-the-England-squad

cafu :bow:

Marc Overmars
15-10-2012, 07:27 AM
One step closer to becoming a fully fledged GHEL.

Kano
15-10-2012, 12:19 PM
One step closer to becoming a fully fledged GHEL.

:rose:

Cripps_orig
15-10-2012, 10:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19956858

Looks like hes chosen England

Jenkinsons international career :rose:

Hymmpi :pal:

Kano
31-10-2012, 06:18 PM
sir jenks got his first goal last night

theo did ok with a couple but they'll be forgotten when he leaves.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 06:23 PM
sir jenks got his first goal last night

theo did ok with a couple but they'll be forgotten when he leaves.

The goal was given to Walcott

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Goals been given to Theo apparently

Kano
31-10-2012, 06:26 PM
only god decides

and he has chosen carl

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 06:41 PM
only god decides

and he has chosen carl

Jenks :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
word is cafu has signed a new 5 year contract :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
really pleased for him, he is one of us living the dream

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Jenks :bow:

Cripps_orig
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM

£70k a week?

Ollie the Optimist
11-11-2012, 10:41 PM
£70k a week?

25k i believe. nice to see someone sign a long term deal without high wages just so they can play for the club they love

Marc Overmars
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
25k i believe. nice to see someone sign a long term deal without high wages just so they can play for the club they love

Wait till he gets together with his new international colleagues. :rose:

Cripps_orig
11-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Surprised

Jenkinson has been very good this season and usually when a player plays well and we offer them a contract, we offer them stupid ass wages and then cant get rid of them when they turn shit which is all too often

Not saying Jenks will turn shit again but its a possibility.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-11-2012, 10:58 PM
no its a certainty

3 years and the BWK's will be out in full force mocking him

for now lets try to enjoy the moment.

Ollie the Optimist
11-11-2012, 11:09 PM
i dont think it matters if he turns shit because we know with jenkinson that every time he wears the shirt on the pitch, he will give everything on the pitch and thats something that we can all get behind no matter what is happening

-Xs-
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Ashley Cole used to be like that with Arsenal...just saying is all.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2012, 11:15 PM
i dont think it matters if he turns shit because we know with jenkinson that every time he wears the shirt on the pitch, he will give everything on the pitch and thats something that we can all get behind no matter what is happening

:blink:

Well yes, yes it does

Ollie the Optimist
11-11-2012, 11:19 PM
:blink:

Well yes, yes it does

of course you ignore the rest of my post. i would rather watch 11 shit carl jenkinson's playing for us because we know they will give 100% every second they are on the pitch, then watch better players not giving a shit and jogging through matches

Cripps_orig
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
of course you ignore the rest of my post. i would rather watch 11 shit carl jenkinson's playing for us because we know they will give 100% every second they are on the pitch, then watch better players not giving a shit and jogging through matches

Like Ashley Cole?

All this "he supports Arsenal" BS is just that. No doubt he supports us but if he is offered a better contract elsewhere, he will be off asap.

Plenty of players support other clubs and play for their rivals. Means f all.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2012, 11:26 PM
no its a certainty

3 years and the BWK's will be out in full force mocking him

for now lets try to enjoy the moment.

BWK's ?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Like Ashley Cole?

All this "he supports Arsenal" BS is just that. No doubt he supports us but if he is offered a better contract elsewhere, he will be off asap.Plenty of players support other clubs and play for their rivals. Means f all.

Don't think Ollie said that or meant that, he just said he is happy to see a player who is playing for the shirt right now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-11-2012, 11:40 PM
BWK's ?

Bandwaggon Knobs

ach likes to call them The Clueless

we both like to call them fools.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Like Ashley Cole?

All this "he supports Arsenal" BS is just that. No doubt he supports us but if he is offered a better contract elsewhere, he will be off asap.

Plenty of players support other clubs and play for their rivals. Means f all.

He can't be criticised for being an Ashley Cole at this stage, at least give him a chance to fuck the club over before laying into him. Maybe he won't. Maybe there's one player still left who appreciates the incredible privilege it is to be virtually handed a freebie life when pretty much everyone else has to bail shit for a living.

Cripps_orig
12-11-2012, 12:13 AM
He can't be criticised for being an Ashley Cole at this stage, at least give him a chance to fuck the club over before laying into him. Maybe he won't. Maybe there's one player still left who appreciates the incredible privilege it is to be virtually handed a freebie life when pretty much everyone else has to bail shit for a living.

Harsh on Jenks of course but like many of our young players today, they bear the brunt of the critisism due to others failures through no fault of their own.

The likes of Jenks, Ox, Gnabry etc have to come in and hit the ground running cos the patience has gone as the youngsters before them, Bendtner, Vela, Diaby etc have all come in and flopped after waiting years for all of them to come good.

No longer are we willing to wait

All that is down to Wenger

Master Splinter
22-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Jenkinson - Arsenal can always count on me

Carl Jenkinson believes that his new contract with Arsenal is a big pledge of commitment from both player and club.

The 20 year-old right back penned a long-term deal this week, along with four of his team-mates, and says he is thrilled to form part of what could well be the Club’s backbone for many years to come.

“Obviously I’m over the moon - really happy,” Jenkinson told Arsenal.com. “I see my future at this football club and I’m delighted they see things the same way.

"Signing the contract shows commitment from me, which Arsenal can always count on, but it’s a big commitment from them as well. People here clearly have belief in me, and now I have to make sure I prove them right.”

The lifelong Gooner was plying his trade for Charlton Athletic, then of League One, just 18 months ago, and he admits that he has been on quite a journey during that time.

“I’m obviously really pleased with my progress over the past 18 months,” he said. “Of course there have been some challenging times along the way, and I’ve had to work really hard, but I’m pleased with where I am now and I’m so happy with the new contract.

"Now I just need to take every day as it comes, working and training hard.”

Fellow young British players Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs and Aaron Ramsey joined Carl in signing new contracts.

“A big thing has been made of the fact that we’re all British boys, and obviously that’s great,” said Jenkinson. “The guys who signed at the same time as me are all excellent young players and close friends of mine.

"I’m delighted not just for myself but for everyone else – it’s great for the Club as a whole, as well as for the players. We want to be playing with the best and believe we can do that here.”

If that means forming part of a team with an English base, then it will only be a positive thing in Carl’s eyes.

“We’re an English club and I think the core of the squad should reflect that,” he said. “That’s why I’m delighted the other boys have signed up with me.

"Arsenal has such a vast scouting system that it can pick up great players from numerous other countries, and that will always be the case, but I think it’s fantastic and appropriate to have an English core. It’s something the [English] fans can relate to.”
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/jenkinson-arsenal-can-always-count-on-me

GHELkers :bow:.

Although we won't be able to count on him when Fergie realises he needs a right-back who can actually defend. His transformation into The New Gary Neville will then be complete.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/jenkinson-arsenal-can-always-count-on-me

GHELkers :bow:.

Although we won't be able to count on him when Fergie realises he needs a right-back who can actually defend. His transformation into The New Gary Neville will then be complete.

Fergie

Alwsome Darth Sidious :bow:

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:42 PM
As usual on here players a player is being overrated and some nonsense about loyalty is being spouted out.

He's an OK player but let's not go over the top, there's a lot better out there certainly at this stage. As for loyalty, it's easy when noone else wants you, the test comes when you make it and big clubs come knocking....gets a bit harder then.

If that happens and we're still 4th every season he'll leave for sure, no top player wants to spend his career at a club where 4th place is all they ever have to hope for.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 12:45 PM
As usual on here players a player is being overrated and some nonsense about loyalty is being spouted out.

He's an OK player but let's not go over the top, there's a lot better out there certainly at this stage. As for loyalty, it's easy when noone else wants you, the test comes when you make it and big clubs come knocking....gets a bit harder then.

If that happens and we're still 4th every season he'll leave for sure, no top player wants to spend his career at a club where 4th place is all they ever have to hope for.

No one is overrating him, no one so stop twisting peoples words. Just cause you don't like him don't mean others don't have to.

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:48 PM
No one is overrating him, no one so stop twisting peoples words. Just cause you don't like him don't mean others don't have to.
Don't tell me that, I've seen the sh*t spouted on here about him and that IMO shows he's being overrated. I don't dislike him, he's OK, just don't think he's anything to get overexcited about and if he left I wouldn't be bothered.

Kano
22-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Jesus, seriously. What does it take to put a smile on your face? So what if people overrate and so what if he spouts about loyalty.

Right now, as fans, we are looking for little glimmers of light wherever they can be found. Some may be right, others might be misplaced but who is 100% right all of the time? I know you're not. So just lighten up and don't moan when fans are just getting behind a 'homegrown' player, who is a supporter of the club and as such has become a favourite just for those reasons. Is that ok, is that allowed at all?

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Jesus, seriously. What does it take to put a smile on your face? So what if people overrate and so what if he spouts about loyalty.

Right now, as fans, we are looking for little glimmers of light wherever they can be found. Some may be right, others might be misplaced but who is 100% right all of the time? I know you're not. So just lighten up and don't moan when fans are just getting behind a 'homegrown' player, who is a supporter of the club and as such has become a favourite just for those reasons. Is that ok, is that allowed at all?
He's not homegrown though is he, we signed him from Charlton.

I just don't rate him that's all and IMO we can do better.

If you want glimmers of light then look at Wilshere and Ox Chamberlain.

Kano
22-12-2012, 12:58 PM
He's not homegrown though is he, we signed him from Charlton.

I just don't rate him that's all and IMO we can do better.
oh jesus, homegrown as in a fan of our team and english.

yes you don't rate him etc etc. we know that. but fans like him for simple reasons that fans do. that's football. that's supporting your team.

just don't moan if others like him because the they are only supporting the club and team. Is that ok by you?

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:00 PM
oh jesus, homegrown as in a fan of our team and english.

yes you don't rate him etc etc. we know that. but fans like him for simple reasons that fans do. that's football. that's supporting your team.

just don't moan if others like him because the they are only supporting the club and team. Is that ok by you?
I'm not moaning just stating the facts.

People act like he's some sort of world beater on here which is a long way from the truth, when it comes to his loyalty well there's no way of knowing, he's not a product of the clubs youth policy (which IMO strengthens a players ties) and noone has shown any interest in him yet. He's still starting off his career, but if we go 5+ years following the same cycle as we have been doing and he somehow becomes good and there is a demand for him, I think we'll find his ties aren't as strong as some thought.

Kano
22-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm not moaning just stating the facts.

People act like he's some sort of world beater on here which is a long way from the truth, when it comes to his loyalty well there's no way of knowing, he's not a product of the clubs youth policy (which IMO strengthens a players ties) and noone has shown any interest in him yet. He's still starting off his career, but if we go 5+ years following the same cycle as we have been doing and he somehow becomes good and there is a demand for him, I think we'll find his ties aren't as strong as some thought.

no they don't. show me the posts where they call him a world beater. go on, or your argument falls to pieces.

you know, you are the most miserable supporter i've come across on here. i don't get you. nothing, literally nothing is positive about the club. regardless of wenger and co, you moan about everything.

so what if people are wrong? when you call everything 100% right then come back to me, until then fans will do as fans and put trust, whether misplaced or not, into players they like. that is what a fan is supposed to do. if you can't do that, then i would question what the point of following a club is.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:12 PM
no they don't. show me the posts where they call him a world beater. go on, or your argument falls to pieces.

you know, you are the most miserable supporter i've come across on here. i don't get you. nothing, literally nothing is positive about the club. regardless of wenger and co, you moan about everything.

so what if people are wrong? when you call everything 100% right then come back to me, until then fans will do as fans and put trust, whether misplaced or not, into players they like. that is what a fan is supposed to do. if you can't do that, then i would question what the point of following a club is.
I was exaggerating somewhat but they certainly overrate him, he really hasn't been that good.

I don't feel positive about the club, it's the worst Arsenal team I've seen in 20 years and frankly I don't see why I should sugercoat that fact by prentending to be happy about it.

It's time for people to be a bit more realistic after living in a dreamworld for 7 years IMO, things aren't good and the team isn't great and that includes Jenkinson.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Don't tell me that, I've seen the sh*t spouted on here about him and that IMO shows he's being overrated. I don't dislike him, he's OK, just don't think he's anything to get overexcited about and if he left I wouldn't be bothered.

if he was overrated then people would say he is the best RB in the world, no one has said that, they are just happy at his development.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:17 PM
if he was overrated then people would say he is the best RB in the world, no one has said that, they are just happy at his development.

They don't have to say that for him to be overrated, his performances have been "ok" nothing more, so he's not a player to get overly excited about.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I was exaggerating somewhat but they certainly overrate him, he really hasn't been that good.

I don't feel positive about the club, it's the worst Arsenal team I've seen in 20 years and frankly I don't see why I should sugercoat that fact by prentending to be happy about it.

It's time for people to be a bit more realistic after living in a dreamworld for 7 years IMO, things aren't good and the team isn't great and that includes Jenkinson.

No people love this club and theyu always will. Being a suppoter is not just being happy during the good times, its bad times and well. I have never see this club have bad times, but i will stick by it. Don't matter who the manager is owner it etc. I love this club and i always will.

Does not mean their is a need to moan at every single thing. I could understand if you went to games and they conned you out of money, but you don't even those who go to support the team don't moan as half as you do.

Kano
22-12-2012, 01:21 PM

just as i thought, you have no argument.

no one is living in a dreamworld. everyone is awake to the fact of where we stand. the difference is, proper fans will always find a reason to keep coming back. that might be completely alien to you but let me assure you, it is the norm. your stance of complaining about everything and not finding anything to enjoy is certainly not the norm.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:25 PM
just as i thought, you have no argument.

no one is living in a dreamworld. everyone is awake to the fact of where we stand. the difference is, proper fans will always find a reason to keep coming back. that might be completely alien to you but let me assure you, it is the norm. your stance of complaining about everything and not finding anything to enjoy is certainly not the norm.
It's good to be different, we can't all be sheep :lol:

Some people still live in a dreamworld where "things can change" where one win changes everything, that's not true to life.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:27 PM
No people love this club and theyu always will. Being a suppoter is not just being happy during the good times, its bad times and well. I have never see this club have bad times, but i will stick by it. Don't matter who the manager is owner it etc. I love this club and i always will.

Does not mean their is a need to moan at every single thing. I could understand if you went to games and they conned you out of money, but you don't even those who go to support the team don't moan as half as you do.
This is different from bad times, we've got loads of money but sh*t management which we put up with, if we were struggling financially and there was a good reason for our struggles I could put up with it, but not this sh*t.

I don't moan about every single thing, that's you exaggerating, I appreciate that the manager and most of the team are sub standard however and don't pretend they aren't.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:32 PM
This is different from bad times, we've got loads of money but sh*t management which we put up with, if we were struggling financially and there was a good reason for our struggles I could put up with it, but not this sh*t.

I don't moan about every single thing, that's you exaggerating, I appreciate that the manager and most of the team are sub standard however and don't pretend they aren't.

You post don't make sense.

If you dod not know this is bad times, then you never will. If you think a new manager is going to come in and everything will be hunky dory then you live in a dream world.

And you do moan about everything. The only person who is making football shite for you is you.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:35 PM
You post don't make sense.

If you dod not know this is bad times, then you never will. If you think a new manager is going to come in and everything will be hunky dory then you live in a dream world.

And you do moan about everything. The only person who is making football shite for you is you.
It makes perfect sense, we're creating our own problems it's not something that just happening.

We're allowing this to happen and doing nothing about it, this isn't like being a club with no resources or options to fix the problems....we've got plenty of options we just choose never to change anything.

What makes football shite for me is the manager, his players, his tactics, his signings and everything about they way he does things, we're regularly getting outplayed by small clubs these days.

In addition you have no idea what effect a new manager will have, for all you know he may come in and transform the club, the way I see it it can't be any worse than now, we're frankly awful in almost every way, I'd rather have an outside chance of winning a trophy then have no chance at all and end up 4th every season like now.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:36 PM
It makes perfect sense, we're creating our own problems it's not something that just happening.

We're allowing this to happen and doing nothing about it, this isn't like being a club with no resources or options to fix the problems....we've got plenty of options we just choose never to change anything.

What makes football shite for me is the manager, his players, his tactics, his signings and everything about they way he does things, we're regularly getting outplayed by small clubs these days.

Yet you still watch the games. Not sure it makes sense if you hate is so much.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Yet you still watch the games. Not sure it makes sense if you hate is so much.
I don't hate the club, I'm an Arsenal fan...but I hate what's happening to it.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 01:40 PM

This

Charlie is a Wenger fan. We are Arsenal fans. Wenger has destroyed the club for all true gooners. Charlie is loving it though

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:42 PM
This

Charlie is a Wenger fan. We are Arsenal fans. Wenger has destroyed the club for all true gooners. Charlie is loving it though

Your replys are so Limited its funny.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 01:43 PM
When it comes to you, it doesnt have to be anything else. You are that easy

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Fair enough can't argue with that. Just try to smile abit more. I know its shit, but remember 1 think it will get better again.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:45 PM
When it comes to you, it doesnt have to be anything else. You are that easy

Shut mofo.

When it comes to Easternders then your the best there is tbh, but on here well what can isay.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Shut mofo.

When it comes to Easternders then your the best there is tbh, but on here well what can isay.

Eastenders>Arsenal tbh

Last nights episode :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Eastenders>Arsenal tbh

Last nights episode :bow:

Derek is a boss tbh.

GP
22-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Derek is a boss tbh.

To be fair he does look like Boss Nass from Star Wars.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:26 AM
To be fair he does look like Boss Nass from Star Wars.

:lol: