PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs. Wham.

GP
06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Good result.

Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Merts, all excellent.

GP
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Dowd is dodgy as fuck.

GP
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Fat sam is a fat walrus.

fakeyank
06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Ramsey needs to be removed asap.

Giroud's movement is brilliant.. his finishing, not so much.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Great win.

Always particularly great to have win going in to the international break.

Vaz Te is a moran.

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2012, 06:36 PM
George Michael is a queer fuck.

Master Splinter
Good performance for the most part. Very good win against Dowd.

Cazorla :bow:.

Giroud the assist master :bow:.

Podolski :bow:.

Theo :bow:.

Jenkinson had a slightly dodgy game, but it was a good team performance overall. Ramsey improved in the second half. Some good saves from Mannone too.

Arsenal :bow:.

Fat Sam :haha:.

Carroll MOTM.

GP
I'll be laughing at Vaz Te for a long, long time.

hymppi
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Well done, 3 points in the bag.
It's very exciting to watch Cazorla, what a player!
Glad to see Giroud score.
Theo's goal was sharp and well executed.
I hope Gibbs isn't injured, Santos was a bit crap.
Good idea from AW to play BFG against West Ham's big strikers.

milla
06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Great win.

Always particularly great to have win going in to the international break.

Save me two weeks of anti depression meds tbh. :coffee:

milla
06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Ramsey is a good player IMO :haha:

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Rubbish for 89 of the 90 minutes. Both teams lack quality, Hammers are going backwards fast under Fat Fuck. Ramsey garbage, Gervinho garbage, as usual. Cazorla and Arteta hold together what is essentially an average team. Mannone shouldn't be playing at this level. All the old deafensive problems back but Jenks continues to perform above his pay grade. Giroud continues to demonstrate he's not going to be able to replace even a small fraction of **** faces goals. 3 points but no sign we an challenge for anything significant. Far too poor in the final third and at the back.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Save me two weeks of anti depression meds tbh. :coffee:

Yeah, pretty much.

Only one **** in NQ's post, must be mellowing.

GP
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Rubbish for 89 of the 90 minutes. Both teams lack quality, Hammers are going backwards fast under Fat Fuck. Ramsey garbage, Gervinho garbage, as usual. Cazorla and Arteta hold together what is essentially an average team. Mannone shouldn't be playing at this level. All the old deafensive problems back but Jenks continues to perform above his pay grade. Giroud continues to demonstrate he's not going to be able to replace even a small fraction of **** faces goals. 3 points but no sign we an challenge for anything significant. Far too poor in the final third and at the back.

Do you enjoy being wrong, because you're quite prolific recently.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
A welcomed 3 points. Keeps us within range of our self-actualized 3rd/4th table placing.

V-Pig
06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Santi Cazorla: "It is a pleasure to watch him. It's a delight to see what he does on the pitch. I hope every young football player in England watches him. We started [the season] with many questions about us, but of course we need to build up belief and convince people around us we have a chance. Apart from the Chelsea game we have been convincing and we have belief we can do something special."

What a signing :bow:

Asthmatic Kitty
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
looked like it could go either way in the second half, we didn't cope with carroll at all well - he won basically every header which came his way, until merts went into boss-mode at the end.

us + corners :haha: what was it, 17? and we didn't look like scoring from any of them.

mannone is an absolute liability. he is terrible with aerial balls. that carroll header towards the end, jesus. praying that ches/fab are back for the next game.

cazorla was excellent, giroud, merts and theo were impressive. gervinho had an off day, but w/e.

god, i love it when we beat the big fat walrus, you could tell how much he was desperate to get one over on wenger. i pity hammers fans having to watch that dross every week.

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Do you enjoy being wrong, because you're quite prolific recently.

Be a brave man to bet the other way. Nothing new here, same style, same weaknesses, so same outcome. Theres no control in any of these performances, Southampton excluded because they were so awful. We're on for a 70-76 point season, not bad but not top level. As always, we need quality in 2-3 positions. If we could ever get that then the possibilities would emerge.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Vaz Te will be out for quite a while. Shame.

Globalgunner
06-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Won the game despite the best efforts of that imbecile Dowd. How he is not brought up for betting conspiracy i do not know. Either that or he caught letters doing his missus with our kit on. He hates us. We also won despite our not defending well and having a mediocre keeper in goal. Handanovic should have been keeping for us for 2 seasons now, instead he is at Inter. Wenger ...always wants to prove he can succeed with a team half full of bargain basement dross.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Good result.

Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Merts, all excellent.

Could not have said it better myself. I was so glad Giroud for his goal tbh, well deserved.

Santi just a stunner anyone who doubts him now is a numpty tbh.

Guns of Gibraltar
06-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Strangely enough there´s not a lot of traffic here after a fine win in a tricky away fixture.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Strangely enough there´s not a lot of traffic here after a fine win in a tricky away fixture.

That's how it is after every win tbh. Think it would take for us winning the league or Cl for it to be bigger tbh.

Guns of Gibraltar
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
That's how it is after every win tbh. Think it would take for us winning the league or Cl for it to be bigger tbh.

I suppose it´s a nice change that away win in London is taken for granted as opposed to a few years ago. Only goes to show that this team is not be messed about with. Seems like we don´t take any shit from the likes of Fat Sam anymore.

jelgoon
06-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Good post. You can actually talk quite a lot of sense when ure not ranting on about `queers'.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I suppose it´s a nice change that away win in London is taken for granted as opposed to a few years ago. Only goes to show that this team is not be messed about with. Seems like we don´t take any shit from the likes of Fat Sam anymore

Pretty much a few seasons ago we'd have lost that game, by the ususal bully boy tactics. In fact i think the team has got used to that and found a way to win games, just need to iron out silly mistakes e make.

Injury Time
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I fcukin hate west ham n fat Sam so don't care how we played so long as we did them. :scarf:

Cripps_orig
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Hope West Ham stay up

They should do

Big Sam is a legend. They have improved vastly under him so this is a genuine good win and not a GW good win

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 09:30 PM
A wins A win, genuine or Gw good.

Özim
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Good win and a good 3 points, but last week told us all we needed to know.

selassie
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Good win, this game had the potential for us to drop points. Some good performances too, Cazorla outstanding, Merts very good, Poldi, Giroud & Theo.

Injury Time
06-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Theo actually looked bothered that he scored...interesting...

selassie
06-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Maybe he actually wants to stay.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe he actually wants to stay.

He said he does

So whats the problem Arsene?

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Theo actually looked bothered that he scored...interesting...

Statment of intent tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 11:02 PM
He said he does

So whats the problem Arsene?

Well no Arsene has said he wants him to stay, can't keep him if he does not sign a new deal can he.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Well no Arsene has said he wants him to stay, can't keep him if he does not sign a new deal can he.

Arsene also said Theo will play upfront

Said that years ago

Natural born liar so you can understand Theo not signing

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Arsene also said Theo will play upfront

Said that years ago

Natural born liar so you can understand Theo not signing

Who cares what Arsene said years go. Did Theo not play upfront today?

Cripps_orig
06-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Who cares what Arsene said years go. Did Theo not play upfront today?

Dont know

Didnt watch it

Syn
06-10-2012, 11:46 PM
West Ham will take points off good teams this year so this is a better result than it looks. Cazorla had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt and still produced the moment of the match - that's what the assurance of quality brings. Giroud with a goal and a tidy assist should set him on his way. Walcott got the game's crucial goal. Got about 4 legit sources for goals these days as opposed to the 1 last year...that's quite nice.

Xhaka Can’t
07-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Got about 4 legit sources for goals these days as opposed to the 1 last year...that's quite nice.

And none of them are ****s.

Yet.

Power n Glory
07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
3 points in the bag to be honest, I thought we'd either get hit with a sucker punch or draw. We don't have the best record against Fat Sam's team or West Ham so I wasn't so sure we'd pull it off once we kicked off. We just looked flat for most parts of the game.

Their goal....Aaron Ramsey. Poor defending from him really and had a poor game in general. But Wenger will continue to play him as usual.

Giroud's goal - Giroud was unlucky with some of his early attempts but once Podolski delivered that cross he made sure he got a foot on it. Showed great desire to get in the box and it was a nice cross and finish. Giroud needs to have a word with Gibbs and tell him to watch that goal over and over again. Gibbs just can't deliver crosses and if he keeps over hitting them and he needs to stop going forward or make it his business to get the ball to Poldoski so he can cross.

The game went a bit flat after that and we were in danger of going a goal down. Well...it was open, but we seemed flat. We weren't creating anything. A good tackle from Merts saved our bacon when Nolan was alone in the box and Manonne had a decent game too. Glad that prick Vaz Te done himself after leaving a foot in on Manonne. That could have been dangerous but I'm glad he came in the worst off.

Good sub from Wenger to take Gervinho off cause he was having a poor game. Produced nothing all game and looked terrible on the right. Theo made his mark once he came on and it was superb touch and finish from him. Made the right run, Giroud picked him out for the pass, perfect first touch to take him in on goal and a smart finish. Bent it around the keeper at his near post. Cool, calm and collective with the finish. It wasn't easy. He has a strikers eye when on goal and just knew how to beat the keeper. That was good technique and it showed intelligence. Someone else may have just tried to go for power or hit the ball across the keeper.

Next goal...Theo gets and assist. He gets tackled but wins the ball back and pokes it over to Santi. Then he lets rip with that left footed belter. It was a beauty. Had a quiet game but that was a heck of a shot to seal the deal. About time he got one of those cause I was starting to doubt his shooting ability. Fantastic goal.

Also, he was unlucky not to get an assist. That pass to Giroud was sublime. I'm glad they spoke about it on MOTD. How the heck did he spot that. The keeper did well though. Good run from Giroud as well but a finish would have been better.

Overall, we got our 3 points and our attacking players scored but we really do struggle against defensive teams. Theo's sub made the difference and he got a goal and assist. It was a crucial moment and we got the win but we still have work to do. Ideally, it shouldn't take a sub appearance to win the game for us, but that's football. I think Wenger needs to tinker with the team a bit. Ramsey doesn't cut it in the middle, Podolski is a wasted man out wide. He has so much quality and more to offer and I would like to see him play as striker or behind the striker. He's bloody German when it comes to delivering... efficient but I would like to see him influence the game more somehow.

Well, international break and I hope all of our players come back in one piece.

Boss
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Great performance, good three points, good to see we have many scoring options now. Giroud continues to show he has the quality to play for us, oh and Cazorla/Mertesacker :bow: :bow: :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I'll be laughing at Vaz Te for a long, long time.

What's the story?

GP
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
What's the story?

Left his foot in on Mannone's head, then fell over in the process and broke his arm.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Left his foot in on Mannone's head, then fell over in the process and broke his arm.

:haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Waiting to watch the game when I get back home Monday. . .happy to see it will be a win. Had a feeling we would but not expecting it was going easu which it sounds like it wasnt.

Glad to see Giroud get a goal and hope it continues.

Zimm saying that last week showed us what we really are. . .not sure I agree because Chelsea are doing s lot of things right at the moment which I dont see lasting. . .(they will be around near the end though) and we played with a low degree of passion, which we cant afford to do.. . .but still seem to do!

If we dont leave that passion in the dressing room then I think we have the technical players to give anyone a game. Chelsea did boss our midfield and seemed to cintrolling the pace of the game but they by no means looked like scoring at will.. . .so I dont think we need to be worried about facing them again, same goes for Citeh.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM

Now thats a story :good:

Thought Dowd might have booked his Shalamar haircut

Harland
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Good to see Giroud get a goal finally in the PL. Thought he had a really good game and was our biggest threat. Scoring that 2nd from Cazorla would have been sweet icing on the cake.

Great goal by Cazorla.

Not a fan of Theo but he did make his presence felt, turned the game for us thats for sure.

With that being said, making his presence felt wasn't difficult as he replaced Gervinho who couldn't even get a simple 5 yard pass right all game. His touch is exceedingly poor as well. One of the worst performances in an Arsenal shirt I've seen.

Ramsey was poor this game as well, gave the ball away very needlessly and he seemed to be struggling to make unpressured 5 yard passes as well. I am a fan of Ramsey but that performance was just not acceptable for a club that wants to mount a serious challenge.

Podolski is a really hard worker, but I do agree that his attacking prowess is being compromised on the wing. But he does put in a hell of a defensive shift and seems to be full of energy and determination. Need more players of those qualities.

LDG
07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Cracking win. Fucking hate that fat **** from wham. Amd Nolan. And jaskelinen (sp).

Get in.

Alpha
07-10-2012, 11:20 AM
So many sweet comments on this thread . Oh I forgot that Arsenal won . We have so many emotional fans whose reactions depend on the final score .

Özim
07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Zimm saying that last week showed us what we really are. . .not sure I agree because Chelsea are doing s lot of things right at the moment which I dont see lasting. . .(they will be around near the end though) and we played with a low degree of passion, which we cant afford to do.. . .but still seem to do!
Think Chelsea have a much better team at the moment, the football they play is always much better than ours. Di Matteo won the CL last season and has signed some quality players which really improve their style of play, they're quick, clever on the ball and link up very well.

IMO we can't live with them and will be nowhere near them come the end of the season. I just don't see that much has chnaged with us, generally we're pretty good this time of year.

jelgoon
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Im not convinced by that at all. Last week against Chelski we were crying out for RVC with 20 minutes to go. Sure West Ham are decent but theyre not in the same class as Chelsea or Man City so lets keep our feet on the ground here.
And none of them are ****s.

Yet.

jelgoon
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Youre right Zim.. Chelsea are class and can defend better than us. Theyve also got better ball-winners in midfield. Ramirez shat all over us last week. Even with Jack back, who is going to win the ball ( dont say Frimpong)
Think Chelsea have a much better team at the moment, the football they play is always much better than ours. Di Matteo won the CL last season and has signed some quality players which really improve their style of play, they're quick, clever on the ball and link up very well.

IMO we can't live with them and will be nowhere near them come the end of the season. I just don't see that much has chnaged with us, generally we're pretty good this time of year.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM

No Roman did that, not Di Matteo. Lets be honest They had to0 sign players its not as if they would have won the league had they kept that same team.

For me City are the team to beat this season still.

yes Chelsea have better players then us, but they did not beat us last week because they were miles better then us or even the fact they may go and win the league.

They beat us cause we defended shit.

they won the Cl so what that was last season

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Ramirez shat all over us last week.

No he did not.

Marc Overmars
07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Only seen the goals but a great win, West Ham will be strong at home this year.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2012, 05:57 PM
So many sweet comments on this thread . Oh I forgot that Arsenal won . We have so many emotional fans whose reactions depend on the final score .

:lol:

Ollie the Optimist
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM

the only top team they have played this year in teh league is us. the rest hvae been easy games. their next run of games will determine how good they are. they have all the big games i think coming up in the next few games. lets see then

Ollie the Optimist
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM
also i dont understand the fuss made about andy carrol yesterday. all he did was jump up and head a ball aimlessly into space. didnt do anything. why is he getting so much praise. its so easy to defend him. leave him unmarked, let him head the ball, and clear it when it lands.

typical fat sam tatics, boot the ball to the big man, bank on arsenal having shit defence, score, look smug

Marc Overmars
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Carroll could actually be a very effective player but it sounds like we dealt with him well yesterday.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
He has good touch for a big man but nobody bothers to find out because they instinctively just lump it up to him.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2012, 10:55 PM
also i dont understand the fuss made about andy carrol yesterday. all he did was jump up and head a ball aimlessly into space. didnt do anything. why is he getting so much praise. its so easy to defend him. leave him unmarked, let him head the ball, and clear it when it lands.

typical fat sam tatics, boot the ball to the big man, bank on arsenal having shit defence, score, look smug

He played ok and was unlucky not to get a goal tbh. Would not say all they did was lump it up to him, they did change it up tbf.

Caroll actually defended very well for them otherwise we could have scored more, then again it would have helped if we were not putting in balls to where he was.

Oh and he's English too.

mastermind84
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
He has good touch for a big man but nobody bothers to find out because they instinctively just lump it up to him.

cant agree with that. They tried to feed him the ball on the ground at Liverpool, and he was poor.

The guy is a carthorse.

GP
08-10-2012, 06:44 AM
cant agree with that. They tried to feed him the ball on the ground at Liverpool, and he was poor.

The guy is a carthorse.

That's really unfair.

He's a £35m cart horse.

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2012, 08:31 AM

The guy is a carthorse.

Well, yeah, he is but just hoofing it up to him doesn't actually do him many favours as a striker. I'd say Liverpool mainly did the same thing too, granted he did miss a gabillion close range chances.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 10:07 AM
What was the deal with Podolski when Giroud tried to jump on him to celebrate his goal? Just looked a bit of an awkward reaction.

Syn
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Germans don't like to be touched by non-Germans.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Germans don't like to be touched by non-Germans.

Usually starts a war. . .

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2012, 11:45 AM
What was the deal with Podolski when Giroud tried to jump on him to celebrate his goal? Just looked a bit of an awkward reaction.

Germans aren't used to being invaded by the French.

selassie
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Only seen the goals but a great win, West Ham will be strong at home this year.

It was a good result but the bare minimum we need to achieve for a top 4 finish is to win at places like West Ham. I'm fairly happy with our start and like the look of our team but we're going to be in a real battle with the Scum for 4th place. I personally think Chelsea, Man U & Man City will all finish above us, not sure of the order though.

IBK
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
It was a good result but the bare minimum we need to achieve for a top 4 finish is to win at places like West Ham. I'm fairly happy with our start and like the look of our team but we're going to be in a real battle with the Scum for 4th place. I personally think Chelsea, Man U & Man City will all finish above us, not sure of the order though.

I'd second that view...

Kano
08-10-2012, 01:18 PM
fifth place

tops

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Third.

Syn
08-10-2012, 01:26 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibg9T0jrvbW1cY.gif

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
No end product some would say. :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Cartzola. :bow:

Syn
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
He's on another level. Best player of all time imo.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
We should only sign Spanish players from now on.

Power n Glory
08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Beautiful stuff. That would have been an awesome goal.

Master Splinter
08-10-2012, 08:37 PM
No end product some would say. :rolleyes:

Just remember who you're referring to.

Master Splinter
08-10-2012, 08:38 PM
We should only sign Spanish players from now on.

As a great man once inferred, "A team full of Spanish bench players would still be the second/third best team in the world."

Master Splinter
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.ovenbakedtradition.com/wp-content/uploads/communaute/2012/04/ginger-cat.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x3uujrHIXwQ/TBzb2zfk15I/AAAAAAAAAIc/2-65OX87jgs/s1600/Gianfranco%2BZola.jpg

:bow: