Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Poor just poor.

milla
20-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Wenger out :coffee:

RomfordPele
20-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Wenger's been at them about conserving energy for Wednesday night. 60% effort today boys, it's only Norwich.

Same old shit. Can we have a new manager yet?

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 06:24 PM
shit. just shit.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 06:24 PM
The last 25 minutes were the best.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

selassie
20-10-2012, 06:25 PM
what an embarrasment. truly awful

fakeyank
Wenger's been at them about conserving energy for Wednesday night. 60% effort today boys, it's only Norwich.

Same old shit. Can we have a new manager yet?

Shouldve got a new manager 4 years back

hymppi
I wish they'd have to walk home.
Embarrassing shit.
I can't find anything optimistic about this crap other than Gnabry getting some playtime.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I forward a motion that we play our CC team for matches after intl.break because that was. . .crap end of

Dennis Bendtner
What can you say. Players running through treacle. Constantly falling over. Sidewaysing to make Denilson proud. Handling to make Almunia proud.

http://www.betonwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/wenger-facepalm-300x197.jpg

All round.

McNamara That Ghost...
That was so bad I don't actually feel that bad.

gunnerrrrr
20-10-2012, 06:27 PM
yep...deffo need a new manager

topgun
20-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Shocking, total lack of character,no passion or desire,got exactly what they deserved,absolute rubbish:fury:

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Shit result, shit performance.

3 wins out of 8. We're not even 10 games in and we're already 10 points off the pace. A title challenge is once again proving to be too much for us. Fucking annoying, we've looked good in parts this season but I care very little if the wins aren't being chalked up.

Ah well, 3rd/4th place is where it's at for us once more, not that we were expecting anything different.

Roll on midweek.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 06:29 PM
The last 25 minutes were the best.

The Simpsons :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I couldn't stick with the last 25 min, there was only so much of that I could take.

Only one question is appropriate after that. Wtf?

hymppi
20-10-2012, 06:31 PM

3 wins out of 8. We're not even 10 games in and we're already 10 points off the pace. A title challenge is once again proving to be too much for us, again. Fucking annoying, we've looked good in parts this season but I care very little if the wins aren't being chalked up.

Ah well, 3rd/4th place is where it's at for us once more, not that we were expecting anything different.

Roll on midweek.

It'll be a huge task to get into top 4 with this dross... This season could be the shittest in a while.

Olivier's xmas twist
yep...deffo need a new manager

Its not about needing a new manager. Results like these were always going to happen when we sold our best players and replaced them with shite.

All the begining of the season did is paper over the cracks. We are only seeing what we all knew would happen but did not want to admit it.

We sit 10 points adrift of the leaders and 6 points of the mancs only saving grace is spuds loosing and pool not starting off well.

Lets be honest we were never going to win the league and you'd have to be a fool to think we would. End of the day we are fighting for 4th and thats exactly what this result showed us.

Master Splinter
It's not even worth a quick wrist slash.

Come on tennis.

And come on cycling.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 06:32 PM
You can't expect anything if you have Giroud, Gervinho and Ramsey on the same pitch. That's just too much shit for the rest to carry. Then stick a complete clown in goal and the result is sealed. And this before the injury apocalypse hits, we only have nine out at the moment which is nothing for us.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:33 PM

3 wins out of 8. We're not even 10 games in and we're already 10 points off the pace. A title challenge is once again proving to be too much for us again. Fucking annoying, we've looked good in parts this season but I care very little if the wins aren't being chalked up.

Roll on midweek.

Oh come on we was never going to challenge lets be realistic. Sold out best player and replaced him with no one of quality. We started of well with the defence looking good and we all thought we'd be up there bould working miracles etc.

nah least now we know where we are and always have been.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Oh come on we was never going to challenge lets be realistic. Sold out best player and replaced him with no one of quality. We started of well with the defence looking good and we all thought we'd be up there bould working miracles etc.

nah least now we know where we are and always have been.

Well that's the annoying thing. Same shit, different season.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Shouldve got a new manager 4 years back

Should have and maybe your right. Maybe we should have solfd to the russian but thats all if's and buts. Do agree Wenge needs to go come may.

Syn
20-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Wenger's personality is ingrained in the way we play. Spineless. If he wants to save any dignity he has left, he should fuck off as quickly and as far as possible.

jelgoon
20-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Well we wont get in the top three, thats for certain. With Jack back we will probably get fourth ahead of the Spuds. And we've always got Diaby to come back which will be like a new signing hahahah! i dont really give a toss anymore - I just dont understand why people on here get so excited when we win a couple of games. The mental side of the game comes from the manager and our manager hasnt had it for 7 years. Im sick of people blaming the board for everything - failing to beat shitty, crap Norwich is nothing to do with the board.

It'll be a huge task to get into top 4 with this dross... This season could be the shittest in a while.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Wenger is silly for making TV5 captain. That is coming back to bite us on the ass. The guy did not lead today, he was terrible and has been for a few games now, but can't be dropped why, cause he is the captain ffs.

jelgoon
20-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Course ure right. Its all in the mind. Dont anyone say that we coulldnt beat Norwich ( or even draw wtih them) with the team and bench we had today.

Wenger's personality is ingrained in the way we play. Spineless. If he wants to save any dignity he has left, he should fuck off as quickly and as far as possible.

dazthegooner
Watched up until the 75th minute could tell they were never going to score Norwich have been letting in on average 3 goals per game and we couldn't even score one Wenger out!!!

Seaman's Ponytail
Out-managed, simple as that. Houghton got his tactics spot on, AW forgot to employ any tactics....

Master Splinter
we only have nine out at the moment which is nothing for us.

Do not forget we have also Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski, who have shown great injury-developing potential. I believe they have the right ingredients.

jelgoon
20-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Its more than that. Sure, he wasnt much good today but we couldnt score and hardly created a chance.

Wenger is silly for making TV5 captain. That is coming back to bite us on the ass. The guy did not lead today, he was terrible and has been for a few games now, but can't be dropped why, cause he is the captain ffs.

Joker
No longer have the energy to be annoyed tbh. This season is playing out exactly the way most people expected, with occasional good performances interrupted with plenty of garbage, and dropping points against teams we should really be beating. It seems that if Cazorla's off form, no one is willing to step up to the plate and try to create. We had a lot of the ball but barely looked threatening until we started pumping the ball up to Mertesacker and Giroud. We've seen this sort of game with far too much regularity over the last 6 years, and yet Wenger does not seem to be learning.

Having said all that, I expect that somehow, we'll stumble into 4th place by the end of the season and the board will pat Wenger on the back who'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Marc Overmars

We'll probably do enough to finish 4th but the amount of improvement shown will be minimal at best.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Well we wont get in the top three, thats for certain. With Jack back we will probably get fourth ahead of the Spuds. And we've always got Diaby to come back which will be like a new signing hahahah! i dont really give a toss anymore - I just dont understand why people on here get so excited when we win a couple of games. The mental side of the game comes from the manager and our manager hasnt had it for 7 years. Im sick of people blaming the board for everything - failing to beat shitty, crap Norwich is nothing to do with the board.

No its to do with not having quality and players who look like they want to play none of us did. Yes the manager has to take the flack cause he has to motivate them. But when you only have 1 or 2 peices of quality you will always struggle. The board are happy to let his happen and by this i mean the way we go on.

Niall_Quinn

It's a collective effort. The board has done really well focusing all their attention on the share price. The manager has done well deluding himself about players like Ramsey. The players have done well moaning on for money and shitting on the fans. That just leaves the fans. What have they done for the club? Nothing. ****s.

fakeyank

What you talking about? Its all the board's fault.. I am sure there is some conspiracy theory going on and AW is actually the helpless goat with no power over the team.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Have QPR won a game yet?

Wenget will probably be feeling charitable next week as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:44 PM
No longer have the energy to be annoyed tbh. This season is playing out exactly the way most people expected, with occasional good performances interrupted with plenty of garbage, and dropping points against teams we should really be beating. It seems that if Cazorla's off form, no one is willing to step up to the plate and try to create. We had a lot of the ball but barely looked threatening until we started pumping the ball up to Mertesacker and Giroud. We've seen this sort of game with far too much regularity over the last 6 years, and yet Wenger does not seem to be learning.

Having said all that, I expect that somehow, we'll stumble into 4th place by the end of the season and the board will pat Wenger on the back who'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

You so spot on Joker its predictable mate and its sucks. You know whats funny i was not really excited about this game leading up to this week

Normally id miss the Pl when its International week but this season i have not missed the epl once its gone on break.

Its more than that. Sure, he wasnt much good today but we couldnt score and hardly created a chance.

Yeah but he is the leader i mean give them a grilling at HT or something, they all came out like they could not be bothered.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:45 PM
What you talking about? Its all the board's fault.. I am sure there is some conspiracy theory going on and AW is actually the helpless goat with no power over the team.

:haha:

Your right the manager takes the blame on the pitch, but in the board room both share the blame.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Players come and go but the only constant in our mediocrity is the manager. Every team is a reflection of the manager, especially when he makes sure his is the dominant personality in the club. It doesnt matter who he buys unless he makes a mistake and buys a hardnut like Roy Keane or Vieira who wont be subdued by anyone. This is a man whos epitath will likely read..."HE could have been great, but he got in his own way". Thanks Wenger for cheering up the spuds tonight.

Özim
20-10-2012, 06:47 PM
We see this every season, somehow, somehow the manager convince people things have changed, he's turned the corner, he see's the problem, it holds up for a bit of the season then eventually reality sets in we lose games and people realise nothing has changed.

Then we win a few games at the tail end of the season, summer comes and goes and the same cycle begins again, it'll be the same next season and the season after that.

Wenger doesn't have it in him to win stuff anymore, he's just a vital cog in the Bank of Arsenal. Football isn't about winning on the pitch at Arsenal, it's about winning off it and Wenger does a great job on that score.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:48 PM
We see this every season, somehow, somehow the manager convince people things have changed, he's turned the corner, he see's the problem, it holds up for a bit of the season then eventually reality sets in we lose games and people realise nothing has changed.

Then we win a few games at the tail end of the season, summer comes and goes and the same cycle begins again, it'll be the same next season and the season after that.

Wenger doesn't have it in him to win stuff anymore, he's just a vital cog in the Bank of Arsenal. Football isn't about winning on the pitch at Arsenal, it's about winning off it and Wenger does a great job on that score.

Well blame the people who employ him then. But lets be honest we were never going towin the league anyways.

Fuck it lets go for the cups might as well not even sure we will get 4th this season.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 06:49 PM
This season got off to such a positive start. I missed every game. What a fuck up it is now though, I've watched three in a row and have no expectation of missing the match on Wednesday.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyway, I'm sticking by the team through thin and thin.

fakeyank
20-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Has the c*nt given his post match reaction yet? Cant wait to hear the handbrake BS

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 06:51 PM
that was fucking diabolical.

our lack of depth is hitting us and its only october. its going to be a long season. when you're relying on someone who's just turned 17 to change the game then you know you have problems.

chelsea invested sufficiently to improve their squad over the summer and they're in debt. we on the other hand have money sitting in the bank and refuse to buy. in fact, not only do we refuse to buy, we sell our best players to our rivals. where does this end? when will it end?

mannone plays well for a couple of weeks then fucks something up as usual. gervinho doesnt know if he's in africa or mars. giroud is starting to test my patience. then again i dont know what i was expecting, i mean we didnt replace song, we relied on diaby who has managed a handful of games in the past decade, we have players that get injured when they shoot or overstretch for a ball.

we're gonna stroll into 4th with fuck all to show at the end of it.

again.

absolutely useless.

Gervinho's Forehead
Has the c*nt given his post match reaction yet? Cant wait to hear the handbrake BS

Don't forget about the little bit of sharpness.

Niall_Quinn
Players should have their wages on the back of their shirts, the we could be shocked and amused and furious when we watched Gervinho attempting to play.

Özim
20-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Well blame the people who employ him then.
I do believe me, I can't stand them but ultimately the fans are also indirectly accountable, they put money into their pockets, allow them to get away with this and buy into the constant BS, without fans buying into this sh*t and paying to fill the stadium this wouldn't happen.

Olivier's xmas twist
that was fucking diabolical.

our lack of depth is hitting us and its only october. its going to be a long season. when you're relying on someone who's just turned 17 to change the game then you know you have problems.

chelsea invested sufficiently to improve their squad over the summer and they're in debt. we on the other hand have money sitting in the bank and refuse to buy. in fact, not only do we refuse to buy, we sell our best players to our rivals. where does this end? when will it end?

mannone plays well for a couple of weeks then fucks something up as usual. gervinho doesnt know if he's in africa or mars. giroud is starting to test my patience. then again i dont know what i was expecting, i mean we didnt replace song, we relied on diaby who has managed a handful of games in the past decade, we have players that get injured when they shoot or overstretch for a ball.

we're gonna stroll into 4th with fuck all to show at the end of it.

again.

absolutely useless.

Maybe not.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

hope to god that senile c*nt leaves when his contract is up. cant bear another few seasons with him in charge.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I do believe me, I can't stand them but ultimately the fans are also indirectly accountable, they put money into their pockets, allow them to get away with this and buy into the constant BS, without fans buying into this sh*t and paying to fill the stadium this wouldn't happen.

Yeah their all ****s AW included FY (Jk) lol. But i get what you mean.

Id love to go watch the boys but won't till they all piss off.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 06:54 PM
hope to god that senile c*nt leaves when his contract is up. cant bear another few seasons with him in charge.

Leave PHW alone.

gooners
Wenger's just a vital cog in the Bank of Arsenal.

:bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Maybe not.

thats the worry.

we keep saying it but eventually our lack of investment will catch up.

chelsea are 10 points clear of us already. seeing as the title was decided on goal difference and 3rd was decided by a point, its worrying.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah their all ****s AW included FY (Jk) lol. But i get what you mean.

Id love to go watch the boys but won't till they all piss off.

How can you watch them if they have all pissed off?

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Your right the manager takes the blame on the pitch, but in the board room both share the blame..

Every time youre on here trying to deflect from Wenger by blaming the board. Player for player we are so much better than Norwich. We lose because we always try and buy cheap. The main proponent of this is Wenger himself, he gets his rocks by being lauded for buying unknown gems and he compounds this by drilling them all in his unique spinelessness. IT becomes contagious. We can blame the players for leaving, it makes us feel betterm but I dont blame anyone who refuses to hang around for this shit. We could have bought Habdanovic 2 seasons ago for 10m, but no,,,,,that would be akin to buying success, something that Wenger hates witha a passion.

Özim
20-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm expecting him to sign a new contract soon enough, he said he judges his own performance and that he'll leave if he feels he's not performing well enough however he always seem proud of his achievements so in his mind he's delivering a world class team who are not only the most entertaining but also highly successful.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Come on, and can the wumming.

jelgoon
20-10-2012, 07:01 PM
BRILLIANT POST. 100% RIGHT. The board have nothing to do with this result. The squad out there should have beaten shit, bottom-of-the-table Norwich with their eyes closed. Its the manager responsiblity - end of. Also I totally agree about Wenger trying to make a name for himelf by discovering unknown players. For the first few years he discovered players and made them brilliant. The media wet themselves about it and it went to Wenger's head. He cant do it anymore; in fact he makes talented young players worse not better.

Every time youre on here trying to deflect from Wenger by blaming the board. Player for player we are so much better than Norwich. We lose because we always try and buy cheap. The main proponent of this is Wenger himself, he gets his rocks by being lauded for buying unknown gems and he compounds this by drilling them all in his unique spinelessness. IT becomes contagious. We can blame the players for leaving, it makes us feel betterm but I dont blame anyone who refuses to hang around for this shit. We could have bought Habdanovic 2 seasons ago for 10m, but no,,,,,that would be akin to buying success, something that Wenger hates witha a passion.

Kano
20-10-2012, 07:02 PM
i've said this before - you just do not get the mentally of fans who want to go to every game they can. you should try to go to watch football somewhere, anywhere, more often. it's not as simple as 'just don't go to the stadium'.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:04 PM
thats the worry.

we keep saying it but eventually our lack of investment will catch up.

chelsea are 10 points clear of us already. seeing as the title was decided on goal difference and 3rd was decided by a point, its worrying.

We have no right to assume we will finish 4th. Like i said all that is happening is the result of not replacing quality with quality.

Yes Theo and Gerv will have 1 or 2 good games but we all know they will fade away for a few more. Giroud well he is settling in, Poldi started off well but looks to have faded.

Santi well it seems when he has a poor game the rest do.

We have a captain who has not been at his best for a while. A keeper who is not focused enough and worries more about twitter then playing, then we have a replacement who is not good enough then we have mannone who is worsre.

We have a midfield that is getting exposed because we have shite like ramsey and Diaby always being injured ffs wenger :doh:

Our defending has been better ok so some has been questionable, but Bould has made a diffrence.

Like you said in the other thread. Chavs strenghend and looks what happend. End of the day you reap what you so.

We buy in jan then we may get 4th we don't we probs won't and this won't be the last shock result.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-10-2012, 07:05 PM

Player for player we are so much better than Norwich. We lose because we always try and buy cheap.

That doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense fella? If we're better player for player that indicates that the buying of players isn't the problem. The tactics (or lack of them) seemed to be the clear porblem today

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 07:06 PM
i've said this before - you just do not get the mentally of fans who want to go to every game they can. you should try to go to watch football somewhere, anywhere, more often. it's not as simple as 'just don't go to the stadium'.

:gp:

jelgoon
20-10-2012, 07:07 PM
People also dont realise that there is huge support for Arsenal all over the world -not just Africa but China, the South East Asian countries and eastern Europe. An increasing number of people from abroad come to the Emirates without giving a shit if we lost the last match to Norwich.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Show me 10 times where i have done that. End off the day Its the manager on the field he takes the blame and maybe buying players too.

Can he go and tell the shareholders to sell to he russian or the americans maybe he can and i'm missing something.

But lets blame it all on wenger and nothing on the board i mean they are not happy with whats going on and are unhappy too they just keep the guy in employment for some reason.

I have never blamed the board only and said its not Wengers fault.

We could have bought Habdanovic 2 seasons ago for 10m, but no,,,,,that would be akin to buying success, something that Wenger hates witha a passion.

And Stick him on the bench. I mean its clear Ches was AW's no1.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Look, they are all complicit in this and Wenger is well rewarded for his complicity.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Come back international break, all is forgiven.

Özim
20-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Other clubs fans don't seem to have a problem making their views known and acting to change things. At the end of the day if people are happy to accept whatever is served up then don't ever expect anything to change.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Come back US Open Tennis all is forgiven.

A month of tennis would do.

Come on Muzza.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 07:11 PM
That doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense fella? If we're better player for player that indicates that the buying of players isn't the problem. The tactics (or lack of them) seemed to be the clear porblem today. It only doesnt make sense becuse you wont think about it. Every one of our players is an international of some sort mostly playing for top ten ranked international teams. To held your thinking, ask yourself which player in the Norwich team would you rather have than the Arenal equivalent playing today, Maybe the keeper Ruddy or 1 more, who else?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 07:11 PM

bang on.

it was only the other day i heard him say he wont apply for an emergency keeper even though chez is out for months (everyone knows it he just doesnt want to admit it cause he knows he fucked up in the summer by not buying a back up) and fabianski's out for the season. we're relying on our third choice keeper to get us through the season. so if he gets injured we're fucked.

thats not good enough for a team aiming to win trophies.

it all comes down to money, wenger clearly doesnt want to spend wages on a back up keeper even though its the sensible thing to do because he's a tight c*nt and wants to exhaust the profit maximisation model. why spend 50k a week on an experienced back up keeper when he can call up martinez from the reserves on 80p a week?

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:15 PM
. It only doesnt make sense becuse you wont think about it. Every one of our players is an international of some sort mostly playing for top ten ranked international teams. To held your thinking, ask yourself which player in the Norwich team would you rather have than the Arenal equivalent playing today, Maybe the keeper Ruddy or 1 more, who else?

Which is why like the poster said its the tactics that are the problem not the players.

Kano
20-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Other clubs fans don't seem to have a problem making their views known and acting to change things.
what have man utd fans achieved? or chelsea fans upset about the voting system over buying back their club? liverpool fans, well they must be demented by now.

how many fans have stopped going to those stadiums? packed houses every week. i'm sure there have been many who have stopped on principle, like I have, but not many in comparison. there have been small demonstrations about Arsenal but really what do you expect? fans continue to go because they love the club. not the board, manager or players but the club. as jelgoon also rightly said, there are thousands of fans who can only get there once in a blue moon and worries about shares and power struggles are the last thing on their minds. they want to see their team win a football match.

going to a game isn't analytical or based on discussion its instinctive and not just something most people just turn on and off.

Özim
20-10-2012, 07:16 PM
bang on.

it was only the other day i heard him say he wont apply for an emergency keeper even though chez is out for months (everyone knows it he just doesnt want to admit it cause he knows he fucked up in the summer by not buying a back up) and fabianski's out for the season. we're relying on our third choice keeper to get us through the season. so if he gets injured we're fucked.

it all comes down to money, wenger clearly doesnt want to spend wages on a back up keeper even though its the sensible thing to do because he's a tight c*nt and wants to exhaust the profit maximisation model. why spend 50k a week on an experienced back up keeper when he can call up martinez from the reserves on 80p a week?
Wenger is cheap, always has been always will be. In the old days when scouting networks weren't so developed it worked out well, nowadays though it rarely does.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Grebbo
20-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Dreadful.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:18 PM
bang on.

He is out for about 3 weeks is Fabianski who is out for months but i get your point.

Xhaka Can’t
I think Martinez from the reserves should be called up. It'll make no difference mind.

Joker
Next week's AGM will be interesting. The pro-Kroenke blogs (we all know which ones they are) will obviously be under instruction to underplay any discontent voiced but I expect Gazidis and co to get a proper grilling.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
We have no right to assume we will finish 4th. Like i said all that is happening is the result of not replacing quality with quality.

Yes Theo and Gerv will have 1 or 2 good games but we all know they will fade away for a few more. Giroud well he is settling in, Poldi started off well but looks to have faded.

Santi well it seems when he has a poor game the rest do.

We have a captain who has not been at his best for a while. A keeper who is not focused enough and worries more about twitter then playing, then we have a replacement who is not good enough then we have mannone who is worsre.

We have a midfield that is getting exposed because we have shite like ramsey and Diaby always being injured ffs wenger :doh:

Our defending has been better ok so some has been questionable, but Bould has made a diffrence.

Like you said in the other thread. Chavs strenghend and looks what happend. End of the day you reap what you so.

We buy in jan then we may get 4th we don't we probs won't and this won't be the last shock result.

some good points there charlie.

giroud needs a season just to get accustomed to the league so im not sure why people were expecting him to come in and set the league on fire.

we relied on diaby again, and once again, it backfired.

we have ramsey in the team, who dare i say, is more infuriating than freddy was in his last season with us. keeps losing the ball and running into dead ends. i mean chelsea replace meireles with oscar yet we persist with ramsey. they even trumped on sturridge by buying hazard and they're reaping the rewards. he looks unstoppable.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I think Martinez from the reserves should be called up. It'll make no difference mind.

James Shea tbh we need a Ghel keeper tbh.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Which is why like the poster said its the tactics that are the problem not the players.

Yes but player for player are we better than Chellsea or Machester, C or U, who are supposed to be our real competition

LDG
20-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Utter utter rubbish.

Words cannot dascribe how livid i am.

notwist
I don't see the point in blaming individual players when everybody was so poor. I mean 62% possession and their keeper doesn't have a shot to save until the 86th minute. What kind of football is that? Norwich had more chances just by hoofing the ball forward. What is the point of all this pointless passing? It's just so predictable and frankly boring.

McNamara That Ghost...
some good points there charlie.

giroud needs a season just to get accustomed to the league so im not sure why people were expecting him to come in and set the league on fire.

we relied on diaby again, and once again, it backfired.

we have ramsey in the team, who dare i say, is more infuriating than freddy was in his last season with us. keeps losing the ball and running into dead ends. i mean chelsea replace meireles with oscar yet we persist with ramsey. they even trumped on sturridge by buying hazard and they're reaping the rewards. he looks unstoppable.

The comparisons to Chelsea are a bit spurious, even if we do spend decent money without selling we're not going to spend £32 million one player and £25 million on another.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 07:22 PM
The comparisons to Chelsea are a bit spurious, even if we do spend decent money without selling we're not going to spend £32 million one player and £25 million on another.
Thats for sure.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 07:23 PM
He is out for about 3 weeks is Fabianski who is out for months but i get your point.

he's not charlie. he's not.

he's been out for two weeks for the past 4 weeks. i mean im no genius in maths but it doesnt add up.

several people have reported seeing him in an ankle brace which tells us he isnt coming back anytime soon. i think wenger knows he fucked up by not getting a back up keeper over the summer so he's trying to gloss over it.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes but player for player are we better than Chellsea or Machester, C or U, who are supposed to be our real competition

We are?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 07:26 PM

yeah thats true, probably not the best team to use as an example but its just to show that they're happy to spend even though they're stuck in the red yet we're well in the green but continually underinvest.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-10-2012, 07:26 PM
. It only doesnt make sense becuse you wont think about it. Every one of our players is an international of some sort mostly playing for top ten ranked international teams. To held your thinking, ask yourself which player in the Norwich team would you rather have than the Arenal equivalent playing today, Maybe the keeper Ruddy or 1 more, who else?

Mate i don't disagree with that at all. It was your implication that our buying of cheap players was the main problem. If player for player we are better than them (which we are Ruddy aside as you point out) then the buying of players isn't the core problem (or at least wasn't today)

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:27 PM
he's not charlie. he's not.

he's been out for two weeks for the past 4 weeks. i mean im no genius in maths but it doesnt add up.

several people have reported seeing him in an ankle brace which tells us he isnt coming back anytime soon. i think wenger knows he fucked up by not getting a back up keeper over the summer so he's trying to gloss over it.

Sucks if true.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 07:28 PM
yeah thats true, probably not the best team to use as an example but its just to show that they're happy to spend even though they're stuck in the red yet we're well in the green but continually underinvest.

Black.

We're in the black.

#financenazi

Seaman's Ponytail
20-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't see the point in blaming individual players when everybody was so poor. I mean 62% possession and their keeper doesn't have a shot to save until the 86th minute. What kind of football is that? Norwich had more chances just by hoofing the ball forward. What is the point of all this pointless passing? It's just so predictable and frankly boring.

:gp: Exactly. Tactics today were horrendous

Kano
Utter utter rubbish.

it's obvious you think the german contingent are to blame.

Olivier's xmas twist

Right you are mr maccy right you are sir.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 07:30 PM

I think in this instance they probably used all the money they've got from their Champions League run - Abramaovich wants sexy football and he knows he'd have to pay a lot for that to come to Chelsea. Also, talking about lack of spending from someone who (probably fairly) wants rid of AW really is letting Wenget off the hook to an extent this time.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Utter utter rubbish.

dascribe :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Right you are mr maccy right you are sir.

Thanks.

Globalgunner
This is the cop out that Wenger and now us fans always use, How come Dortmund can win the league 2ce in the face of the might of bayern. Because they have a better manager. We have a clunk as a manager and we sooth ourselves by saying we cant compete anyway. If so how come we were dissappointed with losing aainst the Russkies 2 weeks ago. We should have stayed truee to form and celebrated it like a win, at least the score was close.

Ollie the Optimist
ive calmed down, and want to give a logical opinion on how the game went and how there were some positives...

no fuck it, i cant do it, there werent any, sack the ****s. fucking diabolical

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm giving Wenger one more season, if he doesn't sort it out, then it might be time for him to go.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 07:35 PM
This is the cop out that Wenger and now us fans always use, How come Dortmund can win the league 2ce in the face of the might of bayern. Because they have a better manager. We have a clunk as a manager and we sooth ourselves by saying we cant compete anyway. If so how come we were dissappointed with losing aainst the Russkies 2 weeks ago. We should have stayed truee to form and celebrated it like a win, at least the score was close.

No I think you're misunderstanding, recognising we're not going to spend that kind of money isn't me saying we can't compete but it's me saying, if you want that kind of quality, that is how much we would need to pay. Something we just won't do.

Germany is a different league. If you can survive selling all your best players to Bayern Munich, such are the ownership laws there (so stringent on clubs having losses) that gives Dortmund a great platform to compete from.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Well that's the annoying thing. Same shit, different season.

Better to know where we are now then to get disappointed in March.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Yeah but only bayern rival them and Bayen were terrible last season. no one else in that league even touched them.

You can't compare this league with ours.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I think in this instance they probably used all the money they've got from their Champions League run - Abramaovich wants sexy football and he knows he'd have to pay a lot for that to come to Chelsea. Also, talking about lack of spending from someone who (probably fairly) wants rid of AW really is letting Wenget off the hook to an extent this time.

you've lost me, how so? wenger calls all the shots, ive always maintained that

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 07:39 PM
you've lost me, how so? wenger calls all the shots, ive always maintained that

Simply because we aren't talking about the failings in terms of match management but back to talking about player recruitment. That part of it isn't really the discussion that should be occuring.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah but only bayern rival them and Bayen were terrible last season. no one else in that league even touched them.

Schalke beat them this morning. Roll on Wednesday....

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Schalke beat them this morning. Roll on Wednesday....

Meant last season. Never knew they were 12 points behind bayern.

Seaman's Ponytail
20-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Meant last season.

I know. Still doesn't lessen my on-coming feeling of dread

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I know. Still doesn't lessen my on-coming feeling of dread

Don't worry we have Merts who will stop them and Poldi and Gnabry oh and eisfeld

:bow: Germans

Joker
20-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Wenger's reaction:

on the defeat…
Norwich had a good defensive performance; they were focused and committed. We had a lot of the ball but did not create much with it. It was an illusionary domination. It was a disappointing performance for our side.

on the reasons for the defeat…
I felt we lacked a bit of sharpness. We tried to get into the game after 20 minutes. But we missed what makes the success at the top level - that is complete focus, and they were sharper than us.

on the goal...
We do not blame anybody, we many made mistakes today. We have to put that performance behind us and realise that is not good enough and come out on Wednesday with a different performance.

The attitude of the team has been excellent but that was not at the level of what we have produced until now. It was the first time of the season we were way below par. And we were well below today.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injury...
It was a kick on his hip. It is not long-term. But he will be out for Wednesday.

on Jack Wilshere...
We have to be conscious he has not played for 14 months. I would have brought him on if the game had allowed it today, but it was too intense. He will play on Monday with the reserves and then we will see where we go from there. He needs games.

on the reaction from the defeat…
I hope it will have a positive impact. It was a shock to the system today. But you have to give credit to Norwich today. They played well and were completely committed and they deserved the win. Maybe we underrated the difficulty we would face. But the Premier League is the Premier League. If you are not ready for the fight then you will always have bad surprises. There is a big difference between the amount of possession we had and the amount of chances we created. That is down to the fact that Norwich defended well and we did not create a lot.

on losing players during the international break…
It is not an excuse. We have to deal with that. You could say we have better players but there is only one way to show that – one the football pitch.

on players coming back…
I don’t see anyone new being [back] for Wednesday night. The closest will be Gibbs but he will not be ready. Walcott will not be ready [either].

"Little bit sharpness" :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Illusionary domination. I think I like that.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Can someone tell me how Chelseas millions stopped us from trying to buy a good keeper for circa 10m 2 seasons ago when we has shit written all over Mannone, Almunia and fabianski, or why we considered 8m too much for Cahill when we spent 10m on the unkown Koscileny 6 months later. Had a good laugh when some Gooners on here were saying that Kozzer is a better defender anyway.

IBK
20-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I could only watch when we were 1-0 down. Had to go out. Just came back and I felt trepidation finding the final score. When I saw it I wasn't surprised. Says it all, really. We aren't very good. :crying:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:54 PM
on losing players during the international break…
It is not an excuse. We have to deal with that. You could say we have better players but there is only one way to show that – one the football pitch.

Least he did not blame the international week or say any rubbish. Well apart from the sharpness stuff.

Joker
20-10-2012, 07:55 PM
"Maybe we underrated the difficulty we would face.". Isn't it the job of the manager to make sure the players don't take anything for granted? We've had players like Clichy and Walcott in the past admit we've sometimes underestimated the so called lesser teams and have suffered for it.

dazthegooner
20-10-2012, 07:59 PM
"Maybe we underrated the difficulty we would face.". Isn't it the job of the manager to make sure the players don't take anything for granted? We've had players like Clichy and Walcott in the past admit we've sometimes underestimated the so called lesser teams and have suffered for it.

:gp: I actually think that if we had a manager say Fergie in charge of this team we would probably do alot better as he is more of a motivator.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Yes, and at HT he should have (maybe he did). But lets be honest it was Nowrich The players we have should not be scared playing them or find it difficult.

LDG
20-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Little bit illusionary sharpness.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Can someone tell me how Chelseas millions stopped us from trying to buy a good keeper for circa 10m 2 seasons ago when we has shit written all over Mannone, Almunia and fabianski, or why we considered 8m too much for Cahill when we spent 10m on the unkown Koscileny 6 months later. Had a good laugh when some Gooners on here were saying that Kozzer is a better defender anyway.

I'm not sure exactly what you're responding to because I nor SWAYR were talking about defenders/goalkeepers.

Cahill isn't that great though.

LDG
20-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, and at HT he should have (maybe he did). But lets be honest it was Nowrich The players we have should not be scared playing them or find it difficult.

Do not forget we have also gervinho who is fucking shit there.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:02 PM

Giroud should go in goal. There's no chance of a goal when he's anywhere near it.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:03 PM
:gp: I actually think that if we had a manager say Fergie in charge of this team we would probably do alot better as he is more of a motivator.

This. We need a good head Coach, because most of the top teams in europe have them. Someone who can motivate players.

If you remember chavs brought in Hank ten Cate and he became Assitant coach, till they made him assistant manager. That is what we need.

Wenger good manager but bad Coach.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Thats for sure.

Although we will spend £32million on several shit players, no problem. Provided we get £32million and a penny back from underselling our decent players.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Simply because we aren't talking about the failings in terms of match management but back to talking about player recruitment. That part of it isn't really the discussion that should be occuring.

thats true. its hard not to diverge into the subject though, if we spent sufficiently in the summer we'd have enough depth to cover our arses in these type of games. we wouldnt throw on a newly turned 17 year old, we wouldnt be relying on ramsey etc.

we're only in october and already we're seeing the same problems. its ridiculous. does my nut in.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:06 PM

The guys is frustating as feck. Thing is if he was actually terrible then you could understand. Problem is a lack concentration and brain farts.

Can be good at times but then can be a knob also.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Those extra players would only get injured anyway. :ninja:

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:10 PM

And Chamakh who can take the biscuit there.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I give up chaps Barca are playing now and so is Song at CB and fabregas. 2-0 already with a comically good goal by Tello. Tippy tappy that you can root for

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:14 PM
thats true. its hard not to diverge into the subject though, if we spent sufficiently in the summer we'd have enough depth to cover our arses in these type of games. we wouldnt throw on a newly turned 17 year old, we wouldnt be relying on ramsey etc.

we're only in october and already we're seeing the same problems. its ridiculous. does my nut in.

Its true we need cover. Though no one expected Ox to get Injured (ironic that) I see what your saying, we could have got a dempsey maybe Mvilla and isco and we have spent 30 mill and been better off.

Love him or hate him (NQ) We deffo missed Theo today.

dazthegooner
20-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Yep think Walcott might have given us more of a threat attacking wise today but then again Norwich didn't give us much space to work with and as someone said earlier Houghton out smarted Wenger today.

milla
20-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Yep think Walcott might have given us more of a threat attacking wise today but then again Norwich didn't give us much space to work with and as someone said earlier Houghton out smarted Wenger today.

Stevie Wonder can out smart Wumger at football tactics. :coffee:

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, this sort of result has always been on the cards. We're struggling against teams that are set up to be more defensive or counter. We have a much better chance against teams that come out to attack and space is more open but after all these years, we still have no answer for these lower league teams. We're lucky to have lost 1 nil.

No idea why Wenger keeps on picking Ramsey. A complete passenger that doesn't deserve to be playing right now. Poor game from Poldoski. Shouldn't be playing on the wing anyway. Had no influence. Giroud is a service striker and he wasn't really getting anything. Was isolated a lot because Cazorla wasn't able to play in between the lines and that's partly because Ramsey was so shit. He can't be trusted to hold and play the ball while Cazorla gets into good positions, so Caz was dropping deep and playing off Arteta a lot. If he's going to play deep like that, then the wide players most contribute more to help our lone striker, but they were shit.

Not surprised but we should really be picking up 3 points for that game. As for Mannone...rubbish goalkeeping. Same shit different toilet.

dazthegooner
20-10-2012, 08:22 PM

I didn't see that coming ;)

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Fuck the sharpness shit and the 'attitude of the team being excellent'.

Just say the performance was unacceptable and the attitude has to improve or else we can look forward to another season of fuck all and anyone who thinks that is ok can fuck the fuck off out of the ****ing team.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Its true we need cover. Though no one expected Ox to get Injured (ironic that) I see what your saying, we could have got a dempsey maybe Mvilla and isco and we have spent 30 mill and been better off.

Love him or hate him (NQ) We deffo missed Theo today.

with them 3 id have us winning the league.

mvila>ramsey
isco>rosicky
dempsey>chamakh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 08:27 PM
you know it's bad when GB goes awol.

arsenal :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, this sort of result has always been on the cards. We're struggling against teams that are set up to be more defensive or counter. We have a much better chance against teams that come out to attack and space is more open but after all these years, we still have no answer for these lower league teams. We're lucky to have lost 1 nil.

No idea why Wenger keeps on picking Ramsey. A complete passenger that doesn't deserve to be playing right now. Poor game from Poldoski. Shouldn't be playing on the wing anyway. Had no influence. Giroud is a service striker and he wasn't really getting anything. Was isolated a lot because Cazorla wasn't able to play in between the lines and that's partly because Ramsey was so shit. He can't be trusted to hold and play the ball while Cazorla gets into good positions, so Caz was dropping deep and playing off Arteta a lot. If he's going to play deep like that, then the wide players most contribute more to help our lone striker, but they were shit.

Not surprised but we should really be picking up 3 points for that game. As for Mannone...rubbish goalkeeping. Same shit different toilet.

Its his secret son :ninja: I agree, even Coleman saw how bad he was.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:30 PM
you know it's bad when GB goes awol.

arsenal :rose:

Angry GB scares me.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Stevie Wonder was actually an exceptional football manager before becoming a stage performer.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 08:36 PM
The guys is frustating as feck. Thing is if he was actually terrible then you could understand. Problem is a lack concentration and brain farts.

ach :rose:

tried his hardest to be the funny man around here but lost out to charlie :haha: :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Yet it will still be Wenger who says "i did not see it" at the end of the game :coffee:

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Just say the performance was unacceptable and the attitude has to improve or else we can look forward to another season of fuck all and anyone who thinks that is ok can fuck the fuck off out of the ****ing team.

I knew it wasn't going to take much for the new found faith to be lost and I'm guilty of losing it too, but what do people expect when we are now starting to see just a repeat of last season and the season before that and the season before that...

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I knew it wasn't going to take much for the new found faith to be lost and I'm guilty of losing it too, but what do people expect when we are now starting to see just a repeat of last season and the season before that and the season before that...

Give it 2 weeks we'll beat the mancs and the failth will be back :ninja:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Yet it will still be Wenger who says "i did not see it" at the end of the game :coffee:

:haha: :haha:

chaz on top form tonight.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Are you suggesting the same thing that has happened for the last 7 years is happening again?

milla
20-10-2012, 08:42 PM

This has been our set up since we lost Diaby and we lost the balanced in midfield. Ramsey is shit, at least with Le Coq we can allow Cazorla his free role behind CF. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:42 PM

This has been our set up since we lost Diaby and we lost the balanced in midfield. Ramsey is shit, at least with Le Coq we can allow Cazorla his free role behind CF. :coffee:

The only problem is Diaby and Le Coq are shit too.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Anyway, anything that makes it harder for them to increase the ticket prices is a good result.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:44 PM

This, slamming him all you want but its clear we miss the lad and he would have been big for us if not for his stupid injuries.
Ramsey is woeful id rather have Denilson back :Coffee:

LDG
20-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Attitude was shit. But we're mid table. And players like ramsby are mid tablers. Felt sorry for cazorla today. He finally saw what he'd let himself in for.

Grant fucking Holt. Grant FUCKING HOLT!!!!!!

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Are you suggesting the same thing that has happened for the last 7 years is happening again?

Yes. :upset:

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 08:46 PM

I agree. The conversation has to move away from talking about Chelsea, Man City and buying quality players. The problems boil down to this sort of game. Wenger has struggled for years to beat these sort of teams. Tactically, he's not up to scratch and that's what is killing us. You could just tell we weren't going to win this game and with the squad we have, we should have won easily. With so many creative players, we weren't able to carve out any decent chances. How is that possible? He has a blind spot and doesn't have the answers to sort this out.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Attitude was shit. But we're mid table. And players like ramsby are mid tablers. Felt sorry for cazorla today. He finally saw what he'd let himself in for.

Catzola will be off to Barca the year after next fo 'sho.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 08:48 PM

NO ONE today can come out with any credit today, (about from perhaps Jenks with a a Smidgen.) Cazorla did nothing and his corners were bloody terrible.

But yes grant FUCKING holt! C*NT!

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:50 PM

He know what we were like when he signed for us, his problem tbh. He was poor today no excues.

But yes Grant fucking Holt. Grant FUCKING HOLT!!!!!! :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Catzola will be off to Barca the year after next fo 'sho.

That would not be a shock at all lol. another 25 mill in the bank.

milla
20-10-2012, 08:51 PM

With Xavi getting a bit more injury prone this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Cazorla moves to Barcelona next year. It doesn't take Michael Corleone to make an offer the club can't refuse. :coffee:

-Xs-
20-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Ramsey is shit, but in true Wenger style, he'll keep playing him until eventually, after a few more years of abject failure he'll suddenly realise what everyone sees and then get rid. Either that or Ramsey will ask for more money, then he'll be shown the door

With that said, this match didn't cost us the league, we were never in the running for the league after we sold our top scorer to the mancs.

Be interesting to see us scrape 4th this year

Kano
20-10-2012, 09:07 PM

yeah we're midtable but that doesn't mean much right now. we'll miss out on the top four this season in fifth due to lack of goals but that doesn't mean we aren't very good. we are but not good enough to win things - you have to be up another few levels from us to do that.

notwist
20-10-2012, 09:08 PM
".....negative possession....going nowhere....." You said it Arsene. I'm not sure if he realises that he just summed up the last 7 years, right there.

Ok - the first stage in changing something is to realise what is wrong. FINALLY Arsene has reached that point.

Now maybe he will change.

Or is this just crazy talk?

Someone for f sake flying a plane over London Colney on Monday with that banner. Believe me it will be worth it. I pledge my £10 to the fund. Can Goonersweb organise the collection perhaps?

Kano
20-10-2012, 09:09 PM
sorry to say you might need that head checked - ain't shit changing for now.

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Ramsey is shit, but in true Wenger style, he'll keep playing him until eventually, after a few more years of abject failure he'll suddenly realise what everyone sees and then get rid. Either that or Ramsey will ask for more money, then he'll be shown the door

With that said, this match didn't cost us the league, we were never in the running for the league after we sold our top scorer to the mancs.

Be interesting to see us scrape 4th this year

In a few year time ramsey will be on 100k per week and we will not be able to get rid as he will have 3 yrs left on his freshly signed new contract and so we will have to loan him out to Wigan where we will be paying 80k and wigan the rest as no one else will want a washed up welshman getting paid more than anyone else in the club.

milla
20-10-2012, 09:16 PM
The only problem is Diaby and Le Coq are shit too.

They are not great but better than Ramsey. At least they will allow Wumger to play Cazorla higher up the pitch. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 09:17 PM
yeah we're midtable but that doesn't mean much right now. we'll miss out on the top four this season in fifth due to lack of goals but that doesn't mean we aren't very good. we are but not good enough to win things - you have to be up another few levels from us to do that.

We can easily win the CC of fa cup depends how much we want it. Or if we have no chance like you say, lets withdraw from all comps now.

milla
20-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I didn't see that coming ;)

So did Wumger :doh:

Kano
20-10-2012, 09:19 PM
We can easily win the CC of fa cup depends how much we want it. Or if we have no chance like you say, lets withdraw from all comps now.
alright calm down. we never bother with those comps, so based on numerous years of doing that, i'd say that won't change this season.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 09:20 PM
They are not great but better than Ramsey. At least they will allow Wumger to play Cazorla higher up the pitch. :coffee:

Luckily, Wilshere is fit and will take Ramsey' place.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 09:21 PM
".....negative possession....going nowhere....." You said it Arsene. I'm not sure if he realises that he just summed up the last 7 years, right there.

Ok - the first stage in changing something is to realise what is wrong. FINALLY Arsene has reached that point.

Now maybe he will change.

Or is this just crazy talk?

Someone for f sake flying a plane over London Colney on Monday with that banner. Believe me it will be worth it. I pledge my £10 to the fund. Can Goonersweb organise the collection perhaps?

Wenger won't change anything.

dazthegooner
20-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Luckily, Wilshere is fit and will take Ramsey' place.

But for how long? :(

milla
20-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Although we will spend £32million on several shit players, no problem. Provided we get £32million and a penny back from underselling our decent players.

We should spend £32million to get Diaby fit. :lol:

milla
20-10-2012, 09:23 PM
But for how long? :(

It was only 2 weeks 16 months ago. :coffee:

Syn
20-10-2012, 09:24 PM

It was obvious Wenger underestimated the opponents. He picked Wilshere (who he said yesterday was only 80% match fit) to use because he thought there was a fair chance we would be cruising and be allowed to give Wilshere a run-out. What kind of message does that send out?

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 09:25 PM
We should spend £32million to get Diaby fit. :lol:

Why!? What is it with Arsenal fans that make players 10x better than they actually are depending on their injury lay offs.

dazthegooner
20-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Well look at this way if Diaby had had been fit most of his Arsenal career he would have been sold years ago!

milla
20-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Why!? What is it with Arsenal fans that make players 10x better than they actually are depending on their injury lay offs.

It's a joke stupid forehead. :coffee:

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 09:28 PM
It's a joke stupid forehead. :coffee:

Sorry milla..... :getcoat:

Globalgunner
20-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Globalgunner

. It only doesnt make sense becuse you wont think about it. Every one of our players is an international of some sort mostly playing for top ten ranked international teams. To help your thinking, ask yourself which player in the Norwich team would you rather have than the Arenal equivalent playing today, Maybe the keeper Ruddy or 1 more, who else?

Mate i don't disagree with that at all. It was your implication that our buying of cheap players was the main problem. If player for player we are better than them (which we are Ruddy aside as you point out) then the buying of players isn't the core problem (or at least wasn't today)

So the way it seems to be with Arsenal is that we cant win against Chelsea because they have better players and we cant win against the likes of Norwich because though we have better players we have a shit manager.........ARSENAL caught in between the mother of all conundrums.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 09:42 PM
alright calm down. we never bother with those comps, so based on numerous years of doing that, i'd say that won't change this season.

Maybe :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 09:44 PM
It was obvious Wenger underestimated the opponents. He picked Wilshere (who he said yesterday was only 80% match fit) to use because he thought there was a fair chance we would be cruising and be allowed to give Wilshere a run-out. What kind of message does that send out?

Its was Norwich FFS, don't matter who was said to play we should be beating them. Whether understimating them or not. its not like they are a west brom or stoke, Everton or barcodes.

We could have beat then with our CC team.

Xhaka Can’t
20-10-2012, 09:47 PM

A very bad one.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Its was Norwich FFS, don't matter who was said to play we should be beating them. Whether understimating them or not. its not like they are a west brom or stoke, Everton or barcodes.

We could have beat then with our CC team.

As disprespecting as it sounds to norwich, they're are shit! You're right we should have beaten them, but nooooooooo! We let fucking grant holt score! FFS!

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 09:49 PM
A very bad one.

I agree with this too, but are footballers that thick (we know they are) but that thick to not actually do the job they are paid to do and claim they enjoy?

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree with this too, but are footballers that thick (we know they are) but that thick to not actually do the job they are paid to do and claim they enjoy?

They got paid didn't they? What more do you want from them?

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 09:59 PM
As disprespecting as it sounds to norwich, they're are shit! You're right we should have beaten them, but nooooooooo! We let fucking grant holt score! FFS!

Pretty much, Upton Park was a harder game then this, but we still beat them. maybe we underestimated them too.

End of the day we should be beating them. Not saying we should not turn up on the pitch and expect to beat them. But with what ever team aw puts out we should be beating them.

Its not as if we played a reserve team etc.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Pretty much, Upton Park was a harder game then this, but we still beat them. maybe we underestimated them too.

End of the day we should be beating them. Not saying we should not turn up on the pitch and expect to beat them. But with what ever team aw puts out we should be beating them.

Its not as if we played a reserve team etc.

We won that game because Theo came on but before that we were struggling like we were today.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:09 PM
They got paid didn't they? What more do you want from them?

They did, but I wrongly thought we had a a different team and mentality this year. Silly me eh?

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 10:15 PM
We won that game because Theo came on but before that we were struggling like we were today.

Even so we one, and that was a harder game. We should no need Theo to come one to win this game, yes we missed him but we should not have needed too.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 10:19 PM
They did, but I wrongly thought we had a a different team and mentality this year. Silly me eh?

It's the same as always, we appear to improve in certain areas but then begin to lack in lack in others. We have half a chance in the cups depending on the draws and how seriously we take them, but as for the league and CL, not a chance in hell and that's what is so frustrating.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 10:24 PM

I think we were set up badly and it's not just about the mentality. Giroud is the type of striker that relies on service and he needs a lot of support around him because unlike Gervinho, he's not that mobile outside of the box and he's not floating around dragging defenders out of position and being a nuisance. We needed Cazorla to play higher up to support and play him through and get play flowing between Poldoski, Giroud and Gervinho but that wasn't happening. I blame Ramsey for this mostly because he contributes nothing from deep or higher up field. Can't thread a ball through when high up or be trusted to play the right pass and protect the ball when deep.

Add Polsolski in the mix who doesn't really run at defenders or acts as a pass master from the flanks, wasteful Gervinho and his hit and miss dribbling...we really struggled to break down Norwich. If a team sits deep, we're screwed. QPR next and Hughes already knows how to play against Wenger and despite their poor form, I think we could have a tricky game against them as well.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:26 PM
It's the same as always, we appear to improve in certain areas but then begin in lack in others. We have half a chance in the cups depending on the draws and how seriously we take them, but as for the league and CL, not a chance in hell and that's what is so frustrating.

Do we though? Have a chance in the cups that is? I can see us getting fairly deep in to the cup competetions (apart from CL) until we meet a decent team or just a team that wants it more than us.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Even so we one, and that was a harder game. We should no need Theo to come one to win this game, yes we missed him but we should not have needed too.

But we needed him to come on against West Ham otherwise we could have drawn or lost the game. It was a hard game but we drew last season at home to Norwich 3-3 and we were lucky to get a draw. It doesn't even matter too much about the opposition anymore these days. Just set your team up to defend and we'll struggle. Wenger can't deal with teams like that.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I think we were set up badly and it's not just about the mentality. Giroud is the type of striker that relies on service and he needs a lot of support around him because unlike Gervinho, he's not that mobile outside of the box and he's not floating around dragging defenders out of position and being a nuisance. We needed Cazorla to play higher up to support and play him through and get play flowing between Poldoski, Giroud and Gervinho but that wasn't happening. I blame Ramsey for this mostly because he contributes nothing from deep or higher up field. Can't thread a ball through when high up or be trusted to play the right pass and protect the ball when deep.

Add Polsolski in the mix who doesn't really run at defenders or acts as a pass master from the flanks, wasteful Gervinho and his hit and miss dribbling...we really struggled to break down Norwich. If a team sits deep, we're screwed. QPR next and Hughes already knows how to play against Wenger and despite their poor form, I think we could have a tricky game against them as well.

As has been said before, this was norwich we were playing, a team that hadn't won a game this season until we gifted them a goal through bad defending and a very poor goalkeeper. Although I will say I think it had 0-0 written all over it because we did nothing.

Power n Glory
20-10-2012, 10:37 PM
We drew against Norwich last season and they played us off the park. It's Norwich but there is a fundamental problem with the way Wenger sets his teams up. We should have beaten them with the players we had and it shouldn't take a bunch of world class players to deal with them but it's not as if we haven't had these sort of results in the past. Last season it was QPR, Wigan, Swansea. Season before...West Brom, Birmingham.....we always lose to teams like this.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 10:40 PM
It will be good to get Windshire back in. We fucked up not buying a midfielder when Song left, but dare I say Wolfsheer may actually be like a new signing.

Ramsey is well below standard right now and there's no point relying on Diaby whenever he's fit for his normal 2-3 game beast spell.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 10:42 PM
But we needed him to come on against West Ham otherwise we could have drawn or lost the game. It was a hard game but we drew last season at home to Norwich 3-3 and we were lucky to get a draw. It doesn't even matter too much about the opposition anymore these days. Just set your team up to defend and we'll struggle. Wenger can't deal with teams like that.

He was injured so therefore we could not use him. But even so she should have been ok against a team who have not 1 a game all season.

Mind you we always seem to gift wins to these type of teams. Seem it alot down the years. Team does shit gets battered by every team don't win in 10 play us and beat us.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:43 PM
It will be good to get Windshire back in. We fucked up not buying a midfielder when Song left, but dare I say Wolfsheer may actually be like a new signing.

Ramsey is well below standard right now and there's no point relying on Diaby whenever he's fit for his normal 2-3 game beast spell.

Again with Arsenal fans thinking injured players are 10x better than they actually are! Ramsey was a better player than Whilshere until he got injured and everyone spent a year putting Rambo on a pedestal, but now he's the shittest player that ever wore an Arsenal shirt!

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:44 PM
He was injured so therefore we could not use him. But even so she should have been ok against a team who have not 1 a game all season.

Mind you we always seem to gift wins to these type of teams. Seem it alot down the years. Team does shit gets battered by every team don't win in 10 play us and beat us.

That and the whole scores with their first shot on target(ish) makes it even worse.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 10:44 PM
We drew against Norwich last season and they played us off the park. It's Norwich but there is a fundamental problem with the way Wenger sets his teams up. We should have beaten them with the players we had and it shouldn't take a bunch of world class players to deal with them but it's not as if we haven't had these sort of results in the past. Last season it was QPR, Wigan, Swansea. Season before...West Brom, Birmingham.....we always lose to teams like this.

Lat year we beat them at their home, we should have done the same drawing 3-3 at home wa diffrent cause there was pressure of not getting that 4th place.

Today we had no pressure. Lets not pretend they are ok cause we drew 3-3 with them, that said it was kind of in the stars we'd struggle. They had not 1 a game in 7 and our players hate playing away after the Iternational break, especially up there.

Even thought we should be beating them i kind of expected this. This team has improved lots but mentally its still poor and that stems from Wenger and him only.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Lat year we beat them at their home, we should have done the same drawing 3-3 at home wa diffrent cause there was pressure of not getting that 4th place.

Today we had no pressure. Lets not pretend they are ok cause we drew 3-3 with them, that said it was kind of in the stars we'd struggle. They had not 1 a game in 7 so they were bound to end it and shame it was us.

Yeah but why always us? Debut goalscorer us, first goal of the season against us, first win against us, first clean sheet against us. etc. etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 10:48 PM
That and the whole scores with their first shot on target(ish) makes it even worse.

Pretty much, it was clear all they do is defend once they scored. They got Villa next week, watch how they will get a beating (then again maybe not)

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Again with Arsenal fans thinking injured players are 10x better than they actually are! Ramsey was a better player than Whilshere until he got injured and everyone spent a year putting Rambo on a pedestal, but now he's the shittest player that ever wore an Arsenal shirt!

I mean it will be good to have a new and different option in there. He's never played with Arteta and Catzola so that's got to be something we can look forward to.

No one thinks he's 10x better, the saviour or anything of the sort. :rolleyes:

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Pretty much, it was clear all they do is defend once they scored. They got Villa next week, watch how they will get a beating (then again maybe not)

Yeah maybe a bad example going by their next fixture. :lol:

Where's Rors? :unsure: has Maccy killed him because he found out that Rors was actually his parents favourite son?

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I mean it will be good to have a new and different option in there. He's never played with Arteta and Catzola so that's got to be something we can look forward to.

No one thinks he's 10x better, the saviour or anything of the sort. :rolleyes:

Well no he hasn't, but it does seem the way people are talking about his iminant return is that he'll make everything ok.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-10-2012, 10:53 PM
You're obsessed with brothers, brother.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Well no he hasn't, but it does seem the way people are talking about his iminant return is that he'll make everything ok.

Everything won't be ok until Gazidis and WUMger fuck off into the sunset.

Gervinho's Forehead
20-10-2012, 10:58 PM
You're obsessed with brothers, brother.

:lol:

I'm not gay though.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah but why always us? Debut goalscorer us, first goal of the season against us, first win against us, first clean sheet against us. etc. etc.

Maybe we do Underestimate teams. Like NQ says lots of footballers don't care once they get paid. Don't matter which club they play for only diffrence is unlike out team there is lots of quality in other teams so they can get away with it.

Clubs like Newcastle etc have something to play for so they will go for it.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Do we though? Have a chance in the cups that is? I can see us getting fairly deep in to the cup competetions (apart from CL) until we meet a decent team or just a team that wants it more than us.

We always have a chance, its whether we take it is the issue. The comps are aim now, lets hope we take them seriously. But hey we can only take it game buy game. We need to beat reading in thr 4th round of the cc before we worry about winning it.

Yeah maybe a bad example going by their next fixture. :lol:

Where's Rors? :unsure: has Maccy killed him because he found out that Rors was actually his parents favourite son?

I just still can't belive their brothers lol still shocked.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-10-2012, 11:35 PM
the players 'lacked sharpness'? you get paid £7m a year, what the fuck are they doing in training?

Ralpheroo72
21-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Utter wank is the best way to describe that game/team/manager

hobson's choice
21-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Santos looked better than anyone of our attacking players going forward. How in the hell has this manage to score goals this season, with this bunch. Awful, predictable, clueless, and down right mediocre attacking football.

And nothing against the young man, but I seriously hope Wenger wises up and just get rid of Gibbs, Jenkinson, and Sagna. Fullbacks who don't have the ability to produce anything positive gong forward in today's football are just useless, it's not like fullbacks actually have to defend anymore.

hobson's choice
21-10-2012, 05:34 AM

It's not about attitude, these players aren't that good, so expect inconsistency .

Power n Glory
21-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Hallmark of a Wenger team. The team is unrecognisable and has been stripped to the bone, but that performance was just bad as some of the Arsenal teams that player 3-4 years ago. No point in moaning about players lacking character and effort. We've been through so many different players now, it all points towards the manager and our playing style.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 09:02 AM
the players 'lacked sharpness'? you get paid £7m a year, what the fuck are they doing in training?

Nah he delegates to Steve bould tbh. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Hallmark of a Wenger team. The team is unrecognisable and has been stripped to the bone, but that performance was just bad as some of the Arsenal teams that player 3-4 years ago. No point in moaning about players lacking character and effort. We've been through so many different players now, it all points towards the manager and our playing style.

Not really, were just going through what we went through last season, only we had a better start this season. lets remember even with RVC we got beat 8-2 at Old trafford.

So when we did so well at the start of the season it looked like we turned a corner well to me anyway and i was willing to give it till the end of jan to see where we were and who be brought in, then it would have been easier to see what as what.

We lack character, because of Wenger yes, not because he does not have any, because he did not buy any. Wenger is not mentally strong and this for me was shown along time ago. Us blowing everything after the CC final showed he is not a great motivator.

Lets be honest though. this is not the 1st shock result we have had or even before the last 7 years. We had them in the days of Hamiltion Ricard, or when Quinn used to play for sunderland and these team would beat us at home cause of stupid mistakes.

Lets not forget when Edu arrived how many times he messed up.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 09:18 AM
And nothing against the young man, but I seriously hope Wenger wises up and just get rid of Gibbs, Jenkinson, and Sagna. Fullbacks who don't have the ability to produce anything positive gong forward in today's football are just useless, it's not like fullbacks actually have to defend anymore.
l
Nah thats unfair Gibbs and Jenks have been awesome this season, personally i thought Santos was poor yesterday. But i don't see him as a LB anyways more as a LM. Sagna is the best RB in the league.

It's not about attitude, these players aren't that good, so expect inconsistency .

You may have a point and most times id say we are disadvantage from the start if you look at the team we put out and the subs which most of the time has not quality in it for when needed. However in games against teams like this you should not need that.

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I want is to win every match we play and that will always be my mindset ahead of games. However, I feel the only escape from this rut will come from a failure to qualify for the ECL or the real prospect of doing so ahead of negotiation of commercial deals.

There will be no impetus on the money men to do anything while the cash rolls in.

It is depressing to think our hope of reform lies in how the Board views the potential value of assets and income

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Club run by those who want to win on the pitch instead of the balance sheet?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I want is to win every match we play and that will always be my mindset ahead of games. However, I feel the only escape from this rut will come from a failure to qualify for the ECL or the real prospect of doing so ahead of negotiation of commercial deals.

There will be no impetus on the money men to do anything while the cash rolls in.

It is depressing to think our hope of reform lies in how the Board views the potential value of assets and income

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Club run by those who want to win on the pitch instead of the balance sheet?

Let Aw step down at the end of the season and bring in Guardiola. He may not change how the board run things but on the pitch he will. I still believe Wenger has a lot to give this club just not as manager.

Spot fucking on.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 10:37 AM

We'll see. Ramsey is a nothing player since his injury. Worrying because at this age he should have been able to recover. Jack isn't going to step back in at the same level he was at when he picked up the injury. It will take time. And when you watched how blatantly Norwich took Ox out of the game yesterday you can be sure Jack will be getting plenty of the same. Cazorla got it too yesterday but he looks a tough little bastard. Still missing Vieria - a nasty bastard who can dish it out to teams who come hunting our playmakers. Song did some of that, Diaby for all his size is a girl's blouse, Frimpong looks like he couldn't blow his own hat off if his brains were made of dynamite. Maybe that bastard De Jong would have been a good signing after all.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Everything won't be ok until Gazidis and WUMger fuck off into the sunset.

It'll be fine when the Fat Ally takes over in 2017. He'll splash the cash and there will be protection rackets, prostitutes rings and all sorts of other shit to keep the players from leaving.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 10:43 AM

They learn lots in training. Contract law, body language, brinkmanship, marketing, it's all covered.

milla
21-10-2012, 10:43 AM

But Ramsey is the shittest player ever. It has nothing to do with his injury, he has always been like the way he is now. :penguin:

jelgoon
21-10-2012, 10:48 AM
What's Sagna done wrong. Silly post really. Not that he is gong to stay anyway - hell be out the door as soon as he can
Santos looked better than anyone of our attacking players going forward. How in the hell has this manage to score goals this season, with this bunch. Awful, predictable, clueless, and down right mediocre attacking football.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Being at Arsenal is like any other day job. You're there because you need to pay your way in life, but if you work hard (at certain times) and catch the eye then an exciting company that's going places might come along and sign you up. You can't go over half a decade with zero ambition to win anything other than the share price sprint and expect there to be a culture of desire in the club. It starts at the top with those vile ****s who configured the club in such a way as to ensure their pay day. Now we have a new **** in charge who's setting us up for round two. Wenger seems to pride himself on being able to sustain mediocrity while shovelling cash as his paymasters, the players soon learn the score and take the money while they wait for a knock at the door. This is a limbo club and not in the dancing way. All about the money. Football doesn't even register here any more. Tip tap, tip tap, slllooooooooow, 99% possession, aren't we wonderful, just look at all those past glories we have to live on. We need Mourinho in here just to disrupt everything and cause a bad atmosphere. I'd rather have chaos than this self satisfied complacency. We have players that know they won't play but won't leave either. Chamakh. That's an incredible indictment of any sporting outfit and shows just how badly wrong the focus is.

Dennis Bendtner
21-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I think a lot can be said from the fact that even the consistent 7/10 types (Arteta, Mertesacker) were terrible. You know things won't go well when that happens. Awful performance, one of the most listless of the Wenger era. Gnabry stuffed up a couple of times after coming on, but he did two things most others couldn't manage all night; a forward pass into space to create a chance (for Gervais), and the impression that he wasn't actually running through treacle. Really there was nothing more to be taken from it.

jelgoon
21-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Just about right. But Mourinho wouldnt touch us with a bargepole. Can you imagine him having to listen to fat, stuck-up, bloated, red-faced Old Etonian toff Hill Wood telling him what a great club we are, and how happy the board have been over the last 8 years coming fourth each season and getting into the Champions League. Mouirnhou would shit himself laughing and walk out.
Being at Arsenal is like any other day job. You're there because you need to pay your way in life, but if you work hard (at certain times) and catch the eye then an exciting company that's going places might come along and sign you up. You can't go over half a decade with zero ambition to win anything other than the share price sprint and expect there to be a culture of desire in the club. It starts at the top with those vile ****s who configured the club in such a way as to ensure their pay day. Now we have a new **** in charge who's setting us up for round two. Wenger seems to pride himself on being able to sustain mediocrity while shovelling cash as his paymasters, the players soon learn the score and take the money while they wait for a knock at the door. This is a limbo club and not in the dancing way. All about the money. Football doesn't even register here any more. Tip tap, tip tap, slllooooooooow, 99% possession, aren't we wonderful, just look at all those past glories we have to live on. We need Mourinho in here just to disrupt everything and cause a bad atmosphere. I'd rather have chaos than this self satisfied complacency. We have players that know they won't play but won't leave either. Chamakh. That's an incredible indictment of any sporting outfit and shows just how badly wrong the focus is.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Didn't think Arteta was bad at all. Thought he fought well in a fairly violent encounter where space was a rare commodity. Same with Cazorla. But they had nothing to hit. The front three were invisible. Ox caused a fuss when he came on so Norwich quickly kicked him out of the game. It's tough fighting these half-football/ half-wrestling teams that populate the lower half of the table. You have to be up for it. Our lot plainly weren't apart from the couple I mentioned who seemed okay in the fight. Cazorla's corner taking, that will have to improve though.

milla
21-10-2012, 11:27 AM
It'll be fine when the Fat Ally takes over in 2017. He'll splash the cash and there will be protection rackets, prostitutes rings and all sorts of other shit to keep the players from leaving.

And cheap young russian brides at Armoury, no more painful 5 hours flight to Russia. :patrice:

jelgoon
21-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Was it me or did Wenger not even seem pissed off when he was inteviewed on the box. Maybe he doesnt really give a toss anymore.

milla
21-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Was it me or did Wenger not even seem pissed off when he was inteviewed on the box. Maybe he doesnt really give a toss anymore.

As long has he gets his 70k every week, he couldn't give a flyin fuck. :coffee:

LDG
21-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Anyone want a ticket for RPQ?

Gervinho's Forehead
21-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Anyone want a ticket for RPQ?

It's not like you to be so defeatist after one shit game, don't blame you though. :(

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Letting RvC go to Utd has damaged this club in several major and fundamental ways. The message that sent won't be shaken off easily. You couple that with a string of false dawns and even a good run won't shake the doubts. The atmosphere around this club stinks. For the past 3-4 years anyone who has been paying attention could have predicted the outcome of each season in advance - same goes for this season. So it must eventually get difficult to muster enthusiasm for the inevitable.

In fact why not do this.

Whew! We got 4th. Thank fuck for that, thought we were going to be caught and we would have been if the season went two games longer. So then, does anyone think Cazorla will stay? He says he loves the club - I think (hope) he'll stay. Word is Messi is coming, don't think it will happen but you never know. Roll on 2014.

selassie
21-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Wenger is delivering the goods so to speak. To make the club profit and achieve top 4 football. That's the reality. I mean when was the last time you heard anybody from within the club confidently speak about the club challenging for the title?

We've given up, we won't and can't compete with the "financially doped" clubs so instead of trying to do as much as we can to bridge the gap we sell them our best players.

If they don't care why should we?

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Wenger is delivering the goods so to speak. To make the club profit and achieve top 4 football. That's the reality. I mean when was the last time you heard anybody from within the club confidently speak about the club challenging for the title?

We've given up, we won't and can't compete with the "financially doped" clubs so instead of trying to do as much as we can to bridge the gap we sell them our best players.

We probably just need to forget about all that shit now and just watch the games for love of football and the entertainment it provides... oh shit, tip, tap, tip, tap, Chinese water torture, any second now he'll pass it forwards, any second now, any second now...

LDG
21-10-2012, 12:09 PM
It's not like you to be so defeatist after one shit game, don't blame you though. :(

That's the rub of it though innit. It's not just one shit game.

It's happened too often, year after year. I can accept defeat. It's enevitable sometimes....I wasn't happy about Chelsea game, but I could just about stomach it...even though I thought we should have won the game (they were there for the taking IMO).

I can't take watching shit like we saw yesterday though. I'm still fuming at it. It was possibly in the top ten of the worst performances I've watched since I started supporting the team.

No desire. No quality. No thought.

We were a shambles at half time. The whole team should have been kicked up the arse. But we got 45 minutes of exactly the same...possibly worse.

Utterly disgusted with the lot of them.

Syn
21-10-2012, 12:13 PM

It's happened too often, year after year. I can accept defeat. It's enevitable sometimes....I wasn't happy about Chelsea game, but I could just about stomach it...even though I thought we should have won the game (they were there for the taking IMO).

I can't take watching shit like we saw yesterday though. I'm still fuming at it. It was possibly in the top ten of the worst performances I've watched since I started supporting the team.

We were a shambles at half time. The whole team should have been kicked up the arse. But we got 45 minutes of exactly the same...possibly worse.

The return of Jack next game against QPR. You should go. I'll happily take your ticket off you if you cba. For the 10/11 season, the only reason I bothered watching at times was because of Wilshere (homo).

LDG
21-10-2012, 12:16 PM
The return of Jack next game against QPR. You should go. I'll happily take your ticket off you if you cba. For the 10/11 season, the only reason I bothered watching at times was because of Wilshere (homo).

Of course I'll go. I'm a fuckin mug. That's how they get you. The utter ****s. 29 fucking years I've supported this lot. 29 years. Before most of them were born.

Arrrgghghghghhghgghghg :fury:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2012, 12:27 PM
You'll have married life to keep you calm soon.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 12:30 PM
You'll have married life to keep you calm soon.

Fucking irresponsible comment that one! Heartless. The poor **** is already on the deck.

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2012, 12:32 PM

I am not embellishing when I say I thought it was the most lacklustre and disinterested performance I've seen in years. We were behind by a single goal against the worst team in the league and I knew there was no prospect of us coming back or even stepping up a gear.

I couldn't stomach watching anymore so after the umpteenth pathetic corner by Cazorla in the 67th minute, I switched over and didn't even bother to switch back during adverts to see what was happening.

I can't remember being so fed up before and doing that. I even considered sending my brother in Oz a text telling him he would get more enjoyment from setting fire to his pvr and sticking rusty knives in his eyes.

LDG
21-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Fucking irresponsible comment that one! Heartless. The poor **** is already on the deck.

:lol:

:crying:

jelgoon
21-10-2012, 12:57 PM
70k a week. Dream on - more like 70k a day. He's on a lot more that 3.5 million quid a year im certain of that.
As long has he gets his 70k every week, he couldn't give a flyin fuck. :coffee:

jelgoon
21-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I though Redknapp hit the nail on the head on MOTD when he ripped shit out of the idea that we are a more balanced team without RVP.
Letting RvC go to Utd has damaged this club in several major and fundamental ways. The message that sent won't be shaken off easily. You couple that with a string of false dawns and even a good run won't shake the doubts. The atmosphere around this club stinks. For the past 3-4 years anyone who has been paying attention could have predicted the outcome of each season in advance - same goes for this season. So it must eventually get difficult to muster enthusiasm for the inevitable.

In fact why not do this.

Whew! We got 4th. Thank fuck for that, thought we were going to be caught and we would have been if the season went two games longer. So then, does anyone think Cazorla will stay? He says he loves the club - I think (hope) he'll stay. Word is Messi is coming, don't think it will happen but you never know. Roll on 2014.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 01:12 PM
When LDG is pissed of you know its bad.

Did not see the interview, but whats the point in seeming pissed off if it will only happen again season after season.
Not bothered about that i want to see him take action not just to angry words in an interview.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Everything won't be ok until Gazidis and WUMger And PhW and Stan fuck off into the sunset.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Bang on the money.

The only Bs they come out with is how we can compete and how we have the money and all that crap. You can see for years now even Wenger don't believe half the shit he spouts. The **** is just a proud man who won't admit his mistakes.

Wenger Out :coffee: and take all those ****s with you.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm giving Wenger one more season, if he doesn't sort it out, then it might be time for him to go.

Why. Nah people on here no how much i supported the guy, but enough is enough. For me he can go Ill be sad in a way but time for freshness. Not that it will make much diffrence with Ivan and ****s still around. Least we may see decent tactics.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Wenger will not be going unless he chooses to go. He is absolutely perfect for this club. No other manager could manage the priorities of the board so efficiently.

1. Make them richer.
2. Get us into Europe to keep cash flowing.
3. Other stuff connected to the finances of the club.
993. Give the fans a equitable return on their investment.
994. Entertain.