PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Robson on our defence

jelgoon
25-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I dont know what people think of Robson but he seems to talk sense a lot of the time. He was saying on Talk Sport that there is already a rift between Wenger and Bould due to Wenger not allowing Bould to train the defence properly. This doesnt surprise me at all - Wenger has become extremely arrogant which is another reason why he should piss off. People on here who think that we are better defensively this season are wrong. We still make pathetic mistakes all the time and have gone 9 games now without keeping a clean sheet.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-10-2012, 11:25 PM
I dont know what people think of Robson but he seems to talk sense a lot of the time. He was saying on Talk Sport that there is already a rift between Wenger and Bould due to Wenger not allowing Bould to train the defence properly. This doesnt surprise me at all - Wenger has become extremely arrogant which is another reason why he should piss off. People on here who think that we are better defensively this season are wrong. We still make pathetic mistakes all the time and have gone 9 games now without keeping a clean sheet.

Talks sport chat shit and so does Robson. How the hell would he know if their was a rift anyways. Funny how no one like Palour or Winterburn have said the same thing.

jelgoon
26-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Course he would know. He's better connected to Arsenal than the other two through his online commentaries and stuff and has no reason to make it up - particularly as it will piss Arsenal off. So what if Parlour and Winterburn havent said anything - its utterly irrelevant. Do five ex-players have to corroborate a story before its believed. Anyhow I think its important as we cant defend again after a better start and are entitled to know why

Talks sport chat shit and so does Robson. How the hell would he know if their was a rift anyways. Funny how no one like Palour or Winterburn have said the same thing.

Kano
26-10-2012, 06:56 AM
pure speculation but i guess a **** like robson can spread his shit with so much access to the media

"I hoped that [when Steve Bould was appointed] he would do more with the defence but I'm not sure whether he's being allowed to do that by Arsene Wenger.

"I think there might be a rift in the camp between those two from what I've heard."
holds about as much weight as a forum post

Power n Glory
26-10-2012, 07:44 AM
He has close links to Arsenal and the football world so it's not the same as a poster on here. If he has said he's heard something, it could be from someone close to Arsenal or staff on the training ground.

Kano
26-10-2012, 07:46 AM
oh he's a bitter **** who moans his tits off about every thing in football - so I guess he's unbiased in that way.

it's a very very vague quote and really offers no insight to anything at all.

Power n Glory
26-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Maybe, but he's still closer to the club than any poster on here. Plus, we all know Wenger has a reputation for being a control freak. Robson has been critical of the club and Wenger in the past but given that he's actually close to football and the Emirates, shouldn't his opinion hold a little more weight?

Power n Glory
26-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Also, as a journalist, you're not supposed to reveal your source. He could be talking rubbish and stirring but is it that far fetched considering Wenger has worked with the same staff since arriving at Arsenal?

Özim
26-10-2012, 08:00 AM
This isn't so far fetched considering he was basically Wenger's lemming on Wednesday, he wasn't even given the choice to make decisions on substitutes, sound like control freak behaviour from Wenger to me.

Had he been allowed to surely Santos wouldn't have been stuck on the pitch for 90 minutes leaving us exposed time and time again.

Kano
26-10-2012, 08:10 AM
if most of our goals were like schalke or players hadn't talked of changes in training, then i'd think he's onto something. there have been obvious changes in the main, it won't be perfect yet but you can see things are more disciplined in terms of our shape.

Özim
26-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Things started off OK defensively, but I always felt a few games at the start of the season meant little, right now our defence still looks a complete mess. Let's see where we are are the end of the season.

Letters
26-10-2012, 08:20 AM
We've got the best defensive record in the league. Only Chelsea have conceded the same number, everyone else has conceded more. For once, that doesn't seem to be the problem, now we're not scoring enough.
Who'd a thunk it after selling the best striker in the league?
:doh:

Marc Overmars
26-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Generally we've defended better, the other night was the first time we've really been run ragged. Most of the goals we've conceded have been down to weak individual errors and set pieces, things that can be worked on.

My only concern right now is how blunt we look up top. You can usually rely on us to create 10 chances a game but at the moment we're struggling to even create one.

GP
26-10-2012, 09:29 AM
We've got the best defensive record in the league. Only Chelsea have conceded the same number, everyone else has conceded more. For once, that doesn't seem to be the problem, now we're not scoring enough.
Who'd a thunk it after selling the best striker in the league?
:doh:

So what?

Letters
26-10-2012, 09:31 AM
:rimshot:

Japan Shaking All Over
26-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Generally we've defended better, the other night was the first time we've really been run ragged. Most of the goals we've conceded have been down to weak individual errors and set pieces, things that can be worked on.

My only concern right now is how blunt we look up top. You can usually rely on us to create 10 chances a game but at the moment we're struggling to even create one.

TBH set pieces have been our achilles heel for some time now and I would hope that we would have worked on them enough already but I think overall we look better defensively. Santos though is a fecking liability and I dont how much he smiles his arse off during a game, giving the impression that life couldnt be better, Gibbs needs to get back sharpish. Even TV5 out there would be better.

Blunt up top, recently yes, Gervinho cannot lead the line, he can play in the fluid three but not a the point man, the guy is a fecking woss, Pods needs to be there when Giro isnt

LDG
26-10-2012, 11:03 AM
TBH set pieces have been our achilles heel for some time now and I would hope that we would have worked on them enough already but I think overall we look better defensively. Santos though is a fecking liability and I dont how much he smiles his arse off during a game, giving the impression that life couldnt be better, Gibbs needs to get back sharpish. Even TV5 out there would be better.

Blunt up top, recently yes, Gervinho cannot lead the line, he can play in the fluid three but not a the point man, the guy is a fecking woss, Pods needs to be there when Giro isnt

Tbf, I care not if Santos is playing, so long as Ramsby is dropped.

Syn
26-10-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd rather Ramsey was left back.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I'd rather Ramsey was left back.

Or left out.

Syn
26-10-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRildGCw64

Özim
26-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Tbf, I care not if Santos is playing, so long as Ramsby is dropped.
Running on the pitch is overrated IMO, jogging or fast walking are where it's at.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Left back in the changing room.

LDG
26-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Running on the pitch is overrated IMO, jogging or fast walking are where it's at.

Problem is, that Ramsby's fast walk, is akin to the pace you have to walk when letting an old man onto the bus.

Fist of Lehmann
26-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I see his legs moving, but it's like he's running in zero gravity.

I'm afraid he may have lost his little burst, if indeed he ever had one.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2012, 01:14 PM
im not racist against good defending.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2012, 01:44 PM
im not racist against good defending.

No, but you are racist against white people.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Course he would know. He's better connected to Arsenal than the other two through his online commentaries and stuff and has no reason to make it up - particularly as it will piss Arsenal off. So what if Parlour and Winterburn havent said anything - its utterly irrelevant. Do five ex-players have to corroborate a story before its believed. Anyhow I think its important as we cant defend again after a better start and are entitled to know why

"I hoped that [when Steve Bould was appointed] he would do more with the defence but I'm not sure whether he's being allowed to do that by Arsene Wenger.

"I think there might be a rift in the camp between those two from what I've heard."

Is what he said he thinks, did not say he knows but he thinks, just idoits in the media.

Robson's just bitter they never gave him the job on Arsenal TV.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Or left out.

:lol: