PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction Vs QPR

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Good 3 points after 2 horrid games, we need to improve. Jack looked fantastic which was a bonus. On to the next one.

Syn
27-10-2012, 03:56 PM
It was another poor team performance but: 1. Win. 2. Clean sheet. 3. Wilshere looks class and leaves unharmed. I cba to moan so I’ll take it.

Gervinho's Forehead
27-10-2012, 03:57 PM
craptacular.

PGFC
27-10-2012, 03:57 PM
:shrug: It was QPhahahaha so papering over the cracks.

Özil's Panoramic View
27-10-2012, 03:58 PM
An invaluable win/3 points

/thread

McNamara That Ghost...
We're up to fourth and that can only mean one thing: It's on!

Well except that we have Man Utd away in the league but nevermind.

hymppi
I don't think it was mentioned but Mannone won us this game in addition to Arteta's off side goal.
Our left side in defense is so shit it reeks all the way to Finland.
Very important 3 points.

Can't wait to get Gibbs back.

milla
27-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Shitacular. :coffee:

Ramsey fekinbastradcular. :coffee:

Wumgercular :coffee:

gooners
craptacular.

not really...

according to wenger, there are five trophies --- and we are fighting for the one that matters most: fourth place :good:

Özil's Panoramic View
I don't think it was mentioned but Mannone won us this game in addition to Arteta's off side goal.
Our left side in defense is so shit it reeks all the way to Finland.
Very important 3 points.

Can't wait to get Gibbs back.

In case you haven't noticed, Mannone is part of the team.

Marc Overmars
27-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Sounded fairly shit again but 3 points is always welcome.

milla
27-10-2012, 04:03 PM
It was another poor team performance but: 1. Win. 2. Clean sheet. 3. Wilshere looks class and leaves unharmed. I cba to moan so I’ll take it.

With Gerv out, Feo's contract is still no where, Ramsey is now guaranteed a place on the right wing.

Get Miyachi back or at least get Arshavin (proven talent) to play again FFS. :coffee:

hymppi
27-10-2012, 04:04 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Mannone is part of the team.
I know that.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough:
Mannone gets a lot of shit but he saved us at the end of the match when out defense went AWOL.

Joker
27-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Important 3 points but a crap performance and a lucky win tbh. We only really started looking very dangerous when they went down to 10 men (and Vermaelen did make a meal of it although he'd probably have got a red for intent). What's more, Arteta's goal was offside so we got a break there. But even after taking the lead, they had 2 excellent chances to equalise, which shows the same defensive frailties still exist. We had them pinned back and yet after the goal, they carve us open and we're on the backfoot. This has happened so often in the past and resulted in us conceding late equalisers that it beggars belief that Wenger hasn't done anything to rectify the situation.

Marc Overmars
27-10-2012, 04:06 PM
How did Windcheer do?

gooners
27-10-2012, 04:07 PM
we are 4th in the league -- it's no disaster (ignore everything else).

milla
27-10-2012, 04:07 PM
How did Windcheer do?

There is no such a thing as Windcheer. :coffee:

Dennis Bendtner
27-10-2012, 04:08 PM
It is about time the phoney war with Walcott ends. Things can't be so one-paced and static from now. Giroud and Podolski have very little chemistry.

Syn
27-10-2012, 04:10 PM
How did Windcheer do?

Was easily our most threatening player (though that wasn't hard). Seemed to take Cazorla's role, but tbh I don't know what Cazorla was doing in this game. Can clearly see he's not sharp but I think that's easily fixed with a few more run-outs. The assurance of class that you only get with little bit super quality players is there, and that's why an unfit Wilshere was still above Arteta, Ramsey and probably even Cazorla. Both Sagna and Wilshere were probably our best performers today which shows what bad shape the team is in atm.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:12 PM
How did Windcheer do?

He as good as expected, then he got a little knock, but all in all was excellent.

gooners
27-10-2012, 04:12 PM
i see the carzola hype has subsided.

it is going to be a looooooooong long season!

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:13 PM
It is about time the phoney war with Walcott ends. Things can't be so one-paced and static from now. Giroud and Podolski have very little chemistry.

Cazorla's miss was shocking too lol

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:13 PM
i see the carzola hype has subsided.

it is going to be a looooooooong long season!

Did you never rate him?

milla
27-10-2012, 04:14 PM
It is about time the phoney war with Walcott ends.

:gp:

Get Arshavin to play as well. He is a lazy fuk, short and fat but is still head and shoulders above Gerv and Wumger's Welsh bastard. :coffee:

milla
27-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Cazorla's miss was shocking too lol

Eboue could do better than that tbh. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-10-2012, 04:15 PM
That was close. . . Caesar should be shot for taking his job far too seriously. . .however some of our own need to be lined up. . .it wasnt Rambos worst performance but Wenger needs to dispense with this pointless exercise. . .he makes our right side half effective as does Santos on the other side
SAF is going to have no probs working us out

Start Theo

Joker
27-10-2012, 04:15 PM
arseblog ‏@arseblog

Genuinely, I don't give a fuck how shit you might have thought it was, we won. Fuck off.

:rolleyes: So according to Arseblog, there's no reason to feel concerned about the way we're playing, with the lack of creativity upfront and the defensive jitters we saw when QPR put us under a bit of pressure at the end.

milla
27-10-2012, 04:16 PM
That was close. . . Caesar should be shot for taking his job far too seriously. . .however some of our own need to be lined up. . .it wasnt Rambos worst performance but Wenger needs to dispense with this pointless exercise. . .he makes our right side half effective as does Santos on the other side

Start Theo

To be fair to Santos, he was the best winger on the pitch. :coffee:

gooners
Did you never rate him?

not as someone who was gonna take us anywhere cesc and rvp and even post-invincibles henry couldn't.

Japan Shaking All Over

Shocker from Milla

Olivier's xmas twist
Important 3 points but a crap performance and a lucky win tbh. We only really started looking very dangerous when they went down to 10 men (and Vermaelen did make a meal of it although he'd probably have got a red for intent). What's more, Arteta's goal was offside so we got a break there. But even after taking the lead, they had 2 excellent chances to equalise, which shows the same defensive frailties still exist. We had them pinned back and yet after the goal, they carve us open and we're on the backfoot. This has happened so often in the past and resulted in us conceding late equalisers that it beggars belief that Wenger hasn't done anything to rectify the situation.

TBF they should have had 2 players sent off before that anways. And isn't Bould meant to be in charge of the defence?

McNamara That Ghost...
The most important to take from this game is:

Mark Hughes. :haha:

Syn
27-10-2012, 04:17 PM
The most important to take from this game is:

Mark Hughes. :haha:

And Nelsen :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:18 PM
:haha: Never knew you were such a top wum.

Start Theo

Think Ones Gibbs and Diaby and Ox are Jack and Frimpong are fit don't think Ramsey will see much action neither will Santos. If Arshavin contiunes how he was today then we'd have a few decent CM's to choose from.

hymppi
27-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Get Arshavin to play as well. He is a lazy fuk, short and fat but is still head and shoulders above Gerv and Wumger's Welsh bastard. :coffee:
I'd like Arshy there if he wasn't so bloody lazy. He was merely watching the game and let the defense in trouble. On the other hand it was his great pass that led to goal.

Alpha
27-10-2012, 04:20 PM
A win . Yes . 3 points . yes . Wilshere is back . Oh yes .But what about the team performance ? hmmm , Below par and something must be done and .. quickly .
We need a good surgery as we are not good enough at the moment . The beginning of the season was so promising . How did we get to this mess that quick ?
Who's fault ? Arsene's or players's ? But I still hope we will have a good surprise come end of the season .

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:20 PM
arseblog ‏@arseblog

Genuinely, I don't give a fuck how shit you might have thought it was, we won. Fuck off.

:rolleyes: So according to Arseblog, there's no reason to feel concerned about the way we're playing, with the lack of creativity upfront and the defensive jitters we saw when QPR put us under a bit of pressure at the end.

You can only improve as each game goes by, yes it was not our best game, but need to forget about that and worry about the next one and how we can improve.

And who the feck is arseblog.

not as someone who was gonna take us anywhere cesc and rvp and even post-invincibles henry couldn't.
Fair play.

gooners
27-10-2012, 04:21 PM
arseblog ‏@arseblog

the problem with idots like arseblog is that the fail to recognise patterns of mediocrity --- and if and when they do because it hits them in the face, they mask it with 'i am better fan than you'. Moron

milla
27-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd like Arshy there if he wasn't so bloody lazy. He was merely watching the game and let the defense in trouble. On the other hand it was his great pass that led to goal.

If Ramsey is allowed to be so shit all over the pitch, we surely have enough space to accommodate Arshavin. I am damn sure fatty has learnt his lesson. At least he no longer panting on the pitch to catch his breath. :coffee:

hymppi
27-10-2012, 04:24 PM
If Ramsey is allowed to be so shit all over the pitch, we surely have enough space to accommodate Arshavin. I am damn sure fatty has learnt his lesson. At least he no longer panting on the pitch to catch his breath. :coffee:
Fuck Ramsey, Lolcott should start. And you are drinking awfully lot coffee.

milla
27-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Fuck Ramsey, Lolcott should start. And you are drinking awfully lot coffee.

TBH it is not coffee but http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/Smileys/FantasticSmileys/sipping-tea.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:26 PM
the problem with idots like arseblog is that the fail to recognise patterns of mediocrity --- and if and when they do because it hits them in the face, they mask it with 'i am better fan than you'. Moron

Yeah but had we lost im sure they'd have recognised it. Guess they were just happy after 2 poor games we got the points. Or maybe just a biased blog.

hymppi
27-10-2012, 04:27 PM
:lol:

edit- to milla.
cheers, mate, I'm having a beer.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:28 PM

True, id give him ago till he decides to be lazy again.
@hymppi Walcott won't start till he signs a deal.

Dennis Bendtner
27-10-2012, 04:40 PM
W_U_F at Old Trafford? Something has to happen to make the front three more threatening. I think Wenget is going to stick with Ramsey in the wider role for that game. Can't see Arshavin starting. Maybe Chamberlain will.

milla
27-10-2012, 04:42 PM
W_U_F at Old Trafford? Something has to happen to make the front three more threatening. I think Wenget is going to stick with Ramsey in the wider role for that game. Can't see Arshavin starting. Maybe Chamberlain will.

Not to mention RVP will shit all over his former team mates, lol. :coffee:

jelgoon
27-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeh Diaby is really going to be fit. What planet do you live on?

:haha: Never knew you were such a top wum.

Think Ones Gibbs and Diaby and Ox are Jack and Frimpong are fit don't think Ramsey will see much action neither will Santos. If Arshavin contiunes how he was today then we'd have a few decent CM's to choose from.

Kano
27-10-2012, 04:54 PM
arseblog ‏@arseblog

you couldn't find an axe grind with the blog midweek as he didn't really defend the agm as you predicted so you follow on with picking out lame tweets.

this guy really must have hurt your feelings some time in the past

Power n Glory
27-10-2012, 04:57 PM

He's not the only one. The arguments about Wenger, his tactics and players have been going on for years an it's only now that people are seeing the pattern.

We got 3 points but we can't turn a blind eye to how the game went. Wenger can't play the same team and tactics against Man Utd.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 04:59 PM
He's not the only one. The arguments about Wenger, his tactics and players have been going on for years an it's only now that people are seeing the pattern.

We got 3 points but we can't turn a blind eye to how the game went. Wenger can't play the same team and tactics against Man Utd.

Spot on.

Yeh Diaby is really going to be fit. What planet do you live on?

I meant a fully fit Diaby.

Joker
27-10-2012, 05:04 PM
you couldn't find an axe grind with the blog midweek as he didn't really defend the agm as you predicted so you follow on with picking out lame tweets.

this guy really must have hurt your feelings some time in the past

Don't think he should be telling people to "fuck off" just because they're concerned with our performances. It's as if his opinion counts more than anyone else's.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Don't think he should be telling people to "fuck off" just because they're concerned with our performances. It's as if his opinion counts more than anyone else's.

Well you did highlight his opinion above those from others so I guess it does.

milla
27-10-2012, 05:08 PM

lol SAF will have a grin on his ugly face when he watches our replay tonight. :coffee:

Kano
27-10-2012, 05:09 PM

why not? he only runs a fan blog, he holds no social responsibility. people do it online all the time. sure he has followers but they don't have to listen do they - its not like being a slave to the club having to watch the club no matter what.

spot on from mcnamara tbh.

Gervinho's Forehead
27-10-2012, 05:30 PM
lol SAF will have a grin on his ugly face when he watches our replay tonight. :coffee:

He was there, but no doubt he'll have trouble containing his laughter when he watches it back. I bet his looking forward to his 3 points gifted to him by Wenger, fergies little bitch.

Xhaka Can’t
27-10-2012, 05:54 PM
That was a terrible match and we are sorely lacking in leadership and confidence. We have a fragile glass jaw. At 1-0 up at home to the worst team in the league who were down to ten men we contrived to fall apart, lose all shape and did just about everything in our power to gift them an equaliser.

I've been pretty critical of Mannone of late but have to acknowledge that he saved us 2 points today. Which cancels out the 2 points he cost us last week. He genuinely looked pleased with his performance and acknowledged those of us behind his goal with a beaming smile and appreciative clapping. He was well chuffed and appreciated our acknowledgement of his contribution in earning those points.

Hopefully he can build on this because aside from his performance when called upon and Wilshere's return there was hardly anything to cheer today.

Maestro
27-10-2012, 06:15 PM
That was a terrible match and we are sorely lacking in leadership and confidence. We have a fragile glass jaw. At 1-0 up at home to the worst team in the league who were down to ten men we contrived to fall apart, lose all shape and did just about everything in our power to gift them an equaliser.

I've been pretty critical of Mannone of late but have to acknowledge that he saved us 2 points today. Which cancels out the 2 points he cost us last week. He genuinely looked pleased with his performance and acknowledged those of us behind his goal with a beaming smile and appreciative clapping. He was well chuffed and appreciated our acknowledgement of his contribution in earning those points.

Hopefully he can build on this because aside from his performance when called upon and Wilshere's return there was hardly anything to cheer today.

Spot on .....aint nothing going on but the rent at the Emirates. Like you said at least the Wheel is back to Cheer for

RomfordPele
27-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Tactically inept from wenger again. No width, no incision, no lessons learnt from Wednesday. As underwhelming a three points as we'll ever win.

Globalgunner
27-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Shit team, shit tactics, Shit manager and dont let me start on QPR. As usual we almost let the 3 points get away in the end against 10 men. Why is it that we can never have any composure defending a lead. Ramsey serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, He should have started Gervinho on the wing or even played Jenkinson in front of Sagna, but as usual Wenger prefers to go down to hell with his mistakes, and take evryone else down along with him. It gonns be another long season with the same predictable result. Wenger somehow does enough to scramble 4th, which is all he aims for from the start anyway.

Ernesto
27-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Is there not any way that we can incorporate Podolski as our main attacking threat? He seems to be doing way too much work at the minute, right the way back in left-back sometimes. The way he and Giroud are partnered up, and the results it has, has a stark similarity to the Adebayor and RVP coupling we had a few years back. The better striker doing all the work, while the langurous one reamins off-side.

It would, inevitably, mean a 4-5-1, so it's interesting to see what our best possible midfield would be to help Podolski...

Cripps_orig
27-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Played shit and won?

As a great man once said, "its the stuff of champions"

Havent seen the match or any highlights. Heard Arteta was offside for his goal?

What happened with Mbia?

Bergkampwonderland10
27-10-2012, 08:16 PM
It's funny but maybe our goal wasn't as offside as it seemed...when Giroud heads ball Cesar saves, Ramsey is tackled by QPR defender who def gets a touch as well so not offside when it goes on to Arteta's head...then when it rebounds - Arteta not offiside at all for the finish - played on by at least 2 QPR defenders. Have a close look...have seen far more offside goals than that!
That said we were crap yet again. Not sure what's happened but we've remembered how to pass backwards again and forget to shoot! Cazorla's miss was pretty unacceptable - if he can bang them in for Spain he should be affording us the same level of effort EVERY game! My only other comment is that we didn't get him on the ball enough. Ramsey is not a right midfielder nor a left...and it doesn't look like he's quite ready to play in the middle just yet either...but a useful squad player and was involved in goal and had another good shot saved...doesn't deserve the level of stick he gets on here.
Giroud...needs to just score...his positioning is always good but I think he'd be better with a strike partner - ala podolski or walcott if he ever signs on! 4-4-2 is a better system when Giroud plays.
Great to see both Sagna and Wilshere back - how we've missed them...bet they were thinking wtf is going on half the time.
I would play Vermaelen at left back over santos (i don't care if he moans) and Kos and Mert in the middle - or kos at left back...am sure he's adaptable enough. Santos is def a weak link..and luckily QPR didn't exploit that as much as norwich and schalke! When is gibbs back?
I think we deserved the 3points just...and good to see mark hughes annoyed obviously. Thought the ref was shocking for us in addition...esp the number of tackles on wilshere - who was that number 4 for them?
We need someone to step up and lead...I was hoping it would be Arteta today and he jsut about managed it...but he needs to do even more for us imo. Need to improve vastly if we are to get anything out of the man u game! Lets hope Chelski stick a few late tackles in on their fwd line tomorrow.

Globalgunner
27-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Is there not any way that we can incorporate Podolski as our main attacking threat? He seems to be doing way too much work at the minute, right the way back in left-back sometimes. The way he and Giroud are partnered up, and the results it has, has a stark similarity to the Adebayor and RVP coupling we had a few years back. The better striker doing all the work, while the langurous one reamins off-side.

It would, inevitably, mean a 4-5-1, so it's interesting to see what our best possible midfield would be to help Podolski...

Probably the reason why he has to come off after 70 mins in every game. He has to function as a defacto left back, cum left winger+striker all in one, partly because we have no left back of worth in the squad and i include Gibbs in this becuause he is as poor as any other player in the squad, except probaby Ramsey who words cannot decribe. We need a proper left back in the transfer window as well as a midfielder with some grit and attcking nous, otherwise Wenger will play Wilshire into oblivion again. A keeper is also a must as 2 bumbling idiots and 1 cocksure kid are not going to take us anywhere.

Bergkampwonderland10
27-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Played shit and won?

As a great man once said, "its the stuff of champions"

Havent seen the match or any highlights. Heard Arteta was offside for his goal? What happened with Mbia?

Shoulder to shoulder challenge with vermaelen to get the ball before a throw in - vermaelen stronger mbia flattened, Ref awarded QPR yet another soft free-kick but within a millisecond Mbia whilst still on the floor swings a nasty leg towards vermaelen's knee but only reaches his shin, hard enough to cause damage had he got his knee! As clearer red card as ever you'll see. 3 match ban?

Arteta goal
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xunc1p

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Pure undiluted shit for 90 mins. lucky to steal the three points. Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and Gervinho shit. Such a poor team I'm even open to giving Chamakh a run out. We've never been a poor as ths.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Pure undiluted shit for 90 mins. lucky to steal the three points. Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and Gervinho shit. Such a poor team I'm even open to giving Chamakh a run out. We've never been a poor as ths.

Think your being unfair on Theo, He was not fully fit and he only played about 20 mins. Ramsey was quite good today.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 09:29 PM

Yeah wait till the chavs tear his boys a new 1

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 09:31 PM
It's funny but maybe our goal wasn't as offside as it seemed...when Giroud heads ball Cesar saves, Ramsey is tackled by QPR defender who def gets a touch as well so not offside when it goes on to Arteta's head...then when it rebounds - Arteta not offiside at all for the finish - played on by at least 2 QPR defenders. Have a close look...have seen far more offside goals than that!
That said we were crap yet again. Not sure what's happened but we've remembered how to pass backwards again and forget to shoot! Cazorla's miss was pretty unacceptable - if he can bang them in for Spain he should be affording us the same level of effort EVERY game! My only other comment is that we didn't get him on the ball enough. Ramsey is not a right midfielder nor a left...and it doesn't look like he's quite ready to play in the middle just yet either...but a useful squad player and was involved in goal and had another good shot saved...doesn't deserve the level of stick he gets on here.
Giroud...needs to just score...his positioning is always good but I think he'd be better with a strike partner - ala podolski or walcott if he ever signs on! 4-4-2 is a better system when Giroud plays.
Great to see both Sagna and Wilshere back - how we've missed them...bet they were thinking wtf is going on half the time.
I would play Vermaelen at left back over santos (i don't care if he moans) and Kos and Mert in the middle - or kos at left back...am sure he's adaptable enough. Santos is def a weak link..and luckily QPR didn't exploit that as much as norwich and schalke! When is gibbs back?
I think we deserved the 3points just...and good to see mark hughes annoyed obviously. Thought the ref was shocking for us in addition...esp the number of tackles on wilshere - who was that number 4 for them?
We need someone to step up and lead...I was hoping it would be Arteta today and he jsut about managed it...but he needs to do even more for us imo. Need to improve vastly if we are to get anything out of the man u game! Lets hope Chelski stick a few late tackles in on their fwd line tomorrow.

Yep same here. Santos is poor and TV5 bombs ae the pitch anyways. As long as Kos and merts stay back and defend it will be all good.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I'd blotted santos out. Travesty he wears the shirt.

Cripps_orig
27-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Watching MOTD

Oh dear god Santi

He needs to learn how to shoot

Cripps_orig
27-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Mbia :doh:

Verm :lol:

Arteta was offside

Injury Time
27-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Hughes :pal: wanker

Syn
27-10-2012, 09:55 PM
"The referee has conjured up some cock and bull story" "the referee killed the game"....

If Arsene said something like that, he'd definitely get a ban.

Injury Time
27-10-2012, 09:58 PM
The ref was shit all round tbf and the linesman was like mr magoo without his glasses O.o

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2012, 10:04 PM
"The referee has conjured up some cock and bull story" "the referee killed the game"....

If Arsene said something like that, he'd definitely get a ban.

When you tell you players to go be thugs, you get what you deserve. Hughes can do one.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-10-2012, 11:43 PM
1. we are shit going forward

2. arshavin changed the game

3. we are getting smashed next week at old trafford

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
4. mark hughes is a c*nt

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
5. jack is a legend

-Xs-
28-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Hmm, don't know what to make of that.

We certainly made more work of it than we should have. I think there are good players in the squad, but half of them are being played out of position. How bad is Ramsey? I honestly don't know, but he is not a wide player ffs. We have players for a different formation, but the team and formation is that of one chosen by a mad fool.

Next week will likely be painful; I just hope we have enough to not get another spanking.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Hmm, don't know what to make of that.

We certainly made more work of it than we should have. I think there are good players in the squad, but half of them are being played out of position. How bad is Ramsey? I honestly don't know, but he is not a wide player ffs. We have players for a different formation, but the team and formation is that of one chosen by a mad fool.

Next week will likely be painful; I just hope we have enough to not get another spanking.

Agree a 100% with part in bold.

I won't go off on a mad rant thou that we're gonna get hammered @ Old Trafford, as we do manage to put in fair enough performances against teams above us. It's the pub teams that are always our achilles heel.

And plz, no need for any grim reminders of what happened @ the start of last season.

Ralpheroo72
28-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Watching that was like being forced to watch the box set of that shit BBC show El Dorado.

1 goal against the 2 worst teams in the division. No creativity in midfield, and we may as well have no one up front.

Gervinho's Forehead
28-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Watching that was like being forced to watch the box set of that shit BBC show El Dorado.

1 goal against the 2 worst teams in the division. No creativity in midfield, and we may as well have no one up front.

errrrrrrrrr we don't have anyone up front.

Ralpheroo72
28-10-2012, 07:17 AM
I know that.......

.......exactly my point........

errrrrrrrrr we don't have anyone up front.

GP
28-10-2012, 09:08 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_locp7rs8EG1qbd9ipo2_250.gif

Letters
28-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Ug. Awful, awful, awlful.

But it was 3 points and we desperately needed a win today so I'll take it.

Santos' sense of positioning is...well, he has no sense of positioning. Always out of position and leaving us exposed down the left. Just a poor performance all round, very few positives to take from today other than the win.

ManYoo will tear us a new one next week :(

Marc Overmars
28-10-2012, 10:31 AM
It won't quite be the holocaust it was last year and I expect us to actually play well, whether we can get a result though is an entirely different thing and I doubt it.

Syn
28-10-2012, 10:40 AM
It generally goes one of two ways - a thumping or a game where we look the better team, fail to convert when we're playing well and end up losing 2-1. I agree it'll probably be the latter provided we had the same team out as yesterday. Our On Paper quality was, I must say you know, tremendous.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2012, 11:11 AM
You can maybe get away with playing Ramsey IF you have 10 other good players on the pitch. Ramsey is like the broken part in a machine, can the machine compensate or will the fucked part seize everything else? It's borderline with Ramsey. Now you add Gervinho. Now add Santos. Now add Mannone (who saved us points yesterday but I'm talking 38 games). Theo is on the blink, sometimes he works, sometimes he's 100% non-functional, like yesterday. The parts are fragile too, we have to put extra strain on the Wilsheres and Artetas and Cazorlas so there's more chance of them getting fucked up for half their career. The few genuinely decent players we have left (who we will sell) cannot carry the shite AND compete with the opponent. What's more, as soon as he's fit again Diaby will be put back in that team to make it even worse. Giroud? What a joke. A player whose sole responsibility is to make expansive Gallic gestures as he fucks up everything that comes his way. Chamakh used to look the worst player we ever signed. Now he's starting to blend in with the other shit. Lazy Arshavin is starting to look a worldbeater again, in comparison to the dross we have on the pitch. Then team has been sold, the dregs are in the majority now. Peter Hill Wood thanks us for our interest in the pillaging that's going on, how kind of him.

We go into another Utd match with zero chance of a result and hoping it's not another low point in the history of the club. This is failure by all concerned whichever way you cut or spin it.

Maestro
28-10-2012, 11:42 AM
You can maybe get away with playing Ramsey IF you have 10 other good players on the pitch. Ramsey is like the broken part in a machine, can the machine compensate or will the fucked part seize everything else? It's borderline with Ramsey. Now you add Gervinho. Now add Santos. Now add Mannone (who saved us points yesterday but I'm talking 38 games). Theo is on the blink, sometimes he works, sometimes he's 100% non-functional, like yesterday. The parts are fragile too, we have to put extra strain on the Wilsheres and Artetas and Cazorlas so there's more chance of them getting fucked up for half their career. The few genuinely decent players we have left (who we will sell) cannot carry the shite AND compete with the opponent. What's more, as soon as he's fit again Diaby will be put back in that team to make it even worse. Giroud? What a joke. A player whose sole responsibility is to make expansive Gallic gestures as he fucks up everything that comes his way. Chamakh used to look the worst player we ever signed. Now he's starting to blend in with the other shit. Lazy Arshavin is starting to look a worldbeater again, in comparison to the dross we have on the pitch. Then team has been sold, the dregs are in the majority now. Peter Hill Wood thanks us for our interest in the pillaging that's going on, how kind of him.

We go into another Utd match with zero chance of a result and hoping it's not another low point in the history of the club. This is failure by all concerned whichever way you cut or spin it.

:good:

simply put, a turd is a turd

Syn
28-10-2012, 11:55 AM
He hit the bar, good hit on target from distance, made the tackle which led to our winning goal. He did more good than even Cazorla yesterday. He's useful enough as a squad player but it's not his problem injuries allow him a way in. He has to wait for 2 out of Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshere and Diaby to be injured before he can have a go at CM. And Oxlade will take his role out-wide. The more worrying thing about Ramsey is that he doesn't seem to have anything special about him - he'll be decent enough to have around as a squad player (and we do need the jack of all trades types to fill-in) but, for his career, he has to become better than everyone else at something..otherwise he'll just stay a mid-table player. I think his strengths are playing in the Cazorla role and getting the ball on the edge of the area. He thinks quite fast and wriggles his way through when defenders are scared to bring him down (like against Southampton). His passing game is below par.

Dennis Bendtner
28-10-2012, 12:12 PM
His best hope is as a Steven Gerrard type as an advanced midfielder, be that central or from wide. I mean he's the only one on the team who plays Hollywood balls, Vermaelen aside. For that he would need to really improve as a goalscorer and his dynamism in his running. It would be a pretty lame fall if he was reduced to playing the Benayoun run-up-and-down role for the rest of his career. Everyone seems to hate the guy but I do still think he'll be good for us.

jelgoon
28-10-2012, 12:22 PM
He does go on a bit doesnt he. Its tiring on a Sunday morning having to plow through one page essays without even paragraphs to keep you awake!

:good:

simply put, a turd is a turd

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 12:41 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_locp7rs8EG1qbd9ipo2_250.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 12:42 PM
He does go on a bit doesnt he. Its tiring on a Sunday morning having to plow through one page essays without even paragraphs to keep you awake!

:lol:

NQ :pal:

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2012, 01:54 PM
The turd being the team, not Ramsey. Ramsey's an average player who could do well somewhere like Norwich where they don't have delusions of grandeur.

Maestro
28-10-2012, 02:08 PM
The turd being the team, not Ramsey. Ramsey's an average player who could do well somewhere like Norwich where they don't have delusions of grandeur.

indeed the team, from what i read in your post. i am beginning to think our Lazaresque ability to always make the top four is more an indictment on the poor quality of the league (i.e. teams below us), rather than proof of any real quality on our part.

Power n Glory
28-10-2012, 03:44 PM
indeed the team, from what i read in your post. i am beginning to think our Lazaresque ability to always make the top four is more an indictment on the poor quality of the league (i.e. teams below us), rather than proof of any real quality on our part.

That is how I feel about it. There has never been a team that we've had consistent scraps with each season to get top four. With the league title, you can usually identify the three too teams that will be title contenders. It's never the case for the top 4 because teams can never build on their success from the previous season. This year may be different but we've seen Spurs, Villa, Everton, all challenge one season then they're abysmal the following year.

In La Liga, Valencia are probably the team more comparable to us in regards to success and league position but they always have to worry about teams like Sevilla, Althletico Madrid and Villareal. We've never really seen that sort of threat in our league. For all talk about La Liga being weak, those teams could give any of our teams a run for their money in a match.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 03:52 PM
That is how I feel about it. There has never been a team that we've had consistent scraps with each season to get top four. With the league title, you can usually identify the three too teams that will be title contenders. It's never the case for the top 4 because teams can never build on their success from the previous season. This year may be different but we've seen Spurs, Villa, Everton, all challenge one season then they're abysmal the following year.

In La Liga, Valencia are probably the team more comparable to us in regards to success and league position but they always have to worry about teams like Sevilla, Althletico Madrid and Villareal. We've never really seen that sort of threat in our league. For all talk about La Liga being weak, those teams could give any of our teams a run for their money in a match.

Athletico Madrid look like they could win La liga this season tbh. I think the reason people say its a weak league is because its always been won by Real or Barca. Least thiis league you have a few teams that can win it or challenge for it.

LDG
28-10-2012, 04:08 PM
3 points we really needed. That'll do for now.

Power n Glory
28-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Athletico Madrid look like they could win La liga this season tbh. I think the reason people say its a weak league is because its always been won by Real or Barca. Least thiis league you have a few teams that can win it or challenge for it.

Barca and Real live on a different planet compared to the other teams. It's like Man Utd, Chelsea and City in this league but even better because besides the money, they also have the tradition and appeal. They share the world's best players between them. World Player of the Year candidates and winners. People say it's a weak league but I always disagree with that. They have the best players, besides having the most feared teams in the Champs League, they also do well in the Eurorpa League. Our English teams hardly ever win it or do well in that comp. Spain are the best international team. Two European Cups and a World Cup...England...no point in going there. The Prem is an exciting league but not the best.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Barca and Real live on a different planet compared to the other teams. It's like Man Utd, Chelsea and City in this league but even better because besides the money, they also have the tradition and appeal. They share the world's best players between them. World Player of the Year candidates and winners. People say it's a weak league but I always disagree with that. They have the best players, besides having the most feared teams in the Champs League, they also do well in the Eurorpa League. Our English teams hardly ever win it or do well in that comp. Spain are the best international team. Two European Cups and a World Cup...England...no point in going there. The Prem is an exciting league but not the best.

La liga is a good league and probs the world best, they have a few good teams, the big 2 Athletico Madrid,Malaga, Valencia. I still think the Epls is the most Exciting league.

Kano
28-10-2012, 06:25 PM
His best hope is as a Steven Gerrard type as an advanced midfielder, be that central or from wide. I mean he's the only one on the team who plays Hollywood balls, Vermaelen aside. For that he would need to really improve as a goalscorer and his dynamism in his running. It would be a pretty lame fall if he was reduced to playing the Benayoun run-up-and-down role for the rest of his career. Everyone seems to hate the guy but I do still think he'll be good for us.
same here. he will turn out to be a fantastic player somewhere, if not for us. not his fault he is being another wenger experiment out on the wing killing his game. he has become scapegoat of the moment for arsenal fans.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-10-2012, 06:52 PM
same here. he will turn out to be a fantastic player somewhere, if not for us. not his fault he is being another wenger experiment out on the wing killing his game. he has become scapegoat of the moment for arsenal fans.

Lets be honest h has not been the same since he broke is leg, Ramsey has something but i think he will take a few years to develop into a quality player.

Power n Glory
28-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Disagree with that statement. He's been fine since coming back from injury. He's always been a reckless passer. In early games I remember him doing blind passes across the middle of the park that got intercepted and leading to goals or dangerous moments. He hasn't grown out of that and still lacks awareness. Lack of awareness is more down to menality and intelligence. He lacks in that area and since losing Cesc and Nasri, the creativity, the responsibility to play possession play and on the pivot has fallen on to his shoulders and he can't handle it. As said, his awareness has always been a bit poor. He hasn't lost his ability to shoot though and when Cesc, Wilshere and Nasri were in the team, he'd often get shooting space and that's when people started to rate him.

GP
28-10-2012, 07:25 PM
He has definitely lost sharpness since the injury.

jelgoon
28-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree. The Spuds collapse last season is a good case in point. It was actually quite hard for them to fuck it up that badly without suggestions of match fixing. I still think itll be between us and the scum for fourth spot - forget about us getting in the top three.

Fist of Lehmann
29-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Strange, because many claimed he had his best game against City where he played wide right, and against Everton last season, wide left.

Equally, I agree he looked more comfortable when he moved inside on Saturday.

It's almost as if his position is largely irrelevant, and that his ability to play badly or well is down to chance.

His passing and dispossession stats are actually much better this year compared to last, so hopefully he's working on his technical weaknesses. What's clear is that he definitely needs to because right now, he is a long hard road from fantastic.

Ollie the Optimist
29-10-2012, 01:49 PM
i read somewhere (one of the papers) that are goal wasnt offside because one of their players was off the pitch behind the goal but was active play and deemed to be playing everyone onside?

true or not?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Nelsen wasn't off the pitch no but I don't know if the fact Ramsey's touch was intended means it should've been allowed. Either way, nevermind.

selassie
29-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I turned off the stream after 75 mins, was disgusted couldn't take anymore of it.

Glad we won, this season is going to make for painful viewing, too many gaps of quality in the team and squad...we're effectively playing with no striker too.

Kano
29-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Strange, because many claimed he had his best game against City where he played wide right, and against Everton last season, wide left.

Equally, I agree he looked more comfortable when he moved inside on Saturday.

It's almost as if his position is largely irrelevant, and that his ability to play badly or well is down to chance.

His passing and dispossession stats are actually much better this year compared to last, so hopefully he's working on his technical weaknesses. What's clear is that he definitely needs to because right now, he is a long hard road from fantastic.
he is deployed there in games particularly away from home where keeping possession is paramount and he is not strictly a winger as he is used more to increase the numbers in the middle and keep our pretty little triangles going. doing that does not help his game at all, especially for a young player coming back from a leg break and trying to develop his own game.

of course, he has played quite a number of games in the middle and has had a stinker too, so his bad performances are not exclusively down to that reason.

selassie
30-10-2012, 01:14 PM
he is deployed there in games particularly away from home where keeping possession is paramount and he is not strictly a winger as he is used more to increase the numbers in the middle and keep our pretty little triangles going. doing that does not help his game at all, especially for a young player coming back from a leg break and trying to develop his own game.

of course, he has played quite a number of games in the middle and has had a stinker too, so his bad performances are not exclusively down to that reason.

The Flanks have traditionaly been the "nursery" for Wenger's project players. Denilson, Eboue, Diaby & et al have all played there.

To be fair to Rambo he's turned in a few really decent performances on the flanks, I thought he had a great game up at City a few weeks ago, he did well when moved into the middle too.

Rambo is clearly Wenger's "Pet Project" this season, there's always one every season. :rolleyes: