30-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Can't wait for the DVD...

Gervinho's Forehead
30-10-2012, 10:23 PM
:haha:

WOW!

IBK
30-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I didn't think we did this anymore! I loved the team tonight. Despite the defending.

Özim
What a game! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gooners
Bring on Mancs

are you sure?

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:26 PM
are you sure?

Fuck yes.

We'll rape them good

And beat them at football

McNamara That Ghost...
What can I say other than that was the most mental game I have ever seen.

12 goals. I mean FFS. :haha:

Marc Overmars
Utterly absurd game.

Players having shockers all over the pitch but still managing to pull it off.

Funniest game I've ever witnessed.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Kano
30-10-2012, 10:27 PM
sir jenks, man of the match

showed composure in the eye of the storm to take us into extra time

the pivotal moment

what a boy

:savile:

Olivier's xmas twist
Fuck yes.

We'll rape them good

And beat them at football

Optamistic Ach im loving this guy.

Gervinho's Forehead
are you sure?

Remember who you're replying to.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:28 PM
What a game! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet you did not think you'd be saying this at half time.

PGFC
Mental, absolutely mental, still laughing at the '4-0 and we're still happy" and the "sit down if you're 5-4 down" best away fans ever.

Olivier's xmas twist
Remember who you're replying to.

Olivier's xmas twist
Best game i have ever seen

Arise Sir Theo

Simply awesome

Chamakh played well

What a goal from him at the end

Fuck the first 45 mins

I love this club

I love football

Bring on Mancs

I actually don't know what just happend lol.

Letters
30-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Arsenal providing a great advert for the COC. :bow:
We love a bit of coc :bow:

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Theo is about to get MotM presumably. :scarf:

GHELkinson is there. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2012, 10:31 PM
They seem to be taking this match seriously in the post match interviews.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2012, 10:33 PM
So we have won 6-1 6-1 7-5 this season.

What a match, straight sets. :bow:

Who do we have next?

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Theo gives the goal to Jenkinson

What a guy

Has single handedly restored my faith in football

Him leaving would hurt us more than RVC, Cesc, Henry etc leaving

2nd only to Bergkamp as favourite Arsenal player ever

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2012, 10:34 PM
So we have won 6-1 6-1 7-5 this season.

What a match, straight sets. :bow:

Who do we have next?

Well the tennis analogy will be out the window because you can't have 18-0

Marc Overmars
We deserve another pub team after that.

We'll get Chelsea or United though.

Gervinho's Forehead

What a guy

:haha: Brilliant

gooners
They seem to be taking this match seriously in the post match interviews.

of course, they managed to win -------- aw to come out with "character and spirit" soon.

another false dawn ---- but for now :scarf:

Niall_Quinn

What a guy

Joker
Complete car crash of a game :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 10:36 PM
i think this is a game we file under "what the fuck" enjoy the win and dont analyse anything about it

4-0 AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

Kano
30-10-2012, 10:36 PM
my son would struggle to get this scoreline on fifa

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 10:37 PM
There's no point in analysing this game.

An absolute pub team affair.

The only thing to say is;

Arsenal. :bow:

Kano
30-10-2012, 10:37 PM
i think this is a game we file under "what the fuck" enjoy the win and dont analyse anything about it
we need to build an extension

Letters
30-10-2012, 10:38 PM
:gp:

Pretty much.

Ridiculous game. Moments like this remind me why I still (just about) love football even if a lot of it smells these days.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2012, 10:39 PM

4-0 AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

Dog and Duck meets fear and loathing in las Vegas

gooners
we need to build an extension

we dont even need to analyse our season -- been there....

Olivier's xmas twist

4-0 AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

Pretty much, who cares about the perfomance any of the day we got through it was a cracking game on to the mancs.

Gervinho's Forehead
McDermott will be found hanging somewhere in the morning....

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 10:41 PM
theo played very very well and im pleased for him. that was a contract winning performance, more of the same.

but for me the game changed when giroud and eisfield came on. they were up for it the moment they stepped on the pitch, stunning header from giroud, and that eisfield kid looked superb but their workrates were stunning, chasing down everything. a lot of credit to those two players

WMUG
30-10-2012, 10:42 PM
What

The fuck

Just happened?
:blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:42 PM

Pretty much.

Ridiculous game. Moments like this remind me why I still (just about) love football even if a lot of it smells these days.

Yep. Just enjoy the win and the rest of the night and tommorow we can worry about the rest.

gooners
30-10-2012, 10:43 PM

Pretty much.

cant say that myself........why? because we wont get away with that on saturday ----- it will end 8 - 0; arrghh nevermind

Olivier's xmas twist
theo played very very well and im pleased for him. that was a contract winning performance, more of the same.

but for me the game changed when giroud and eisfield came on. they were up for it the moment they stepped on the pitch, stunning header from giroud, and that eisfield kid looked superb but their workrates were stunning, chasing down everything. a lot of credit to those two players

RomfordPele
Wow. Just wow.

Eisfeld looks a player.

Walcott made wenger look a plonker.

Defence made Bould look like yet another yes man.

Massive change still needed but you wonder whether a game like today can change the mood in the club.

Olivier's xmas twist
cant say that myself........why? because we wont get away with that on saturday ----- it will end 8 - 0; arrghh nevermind

Who gives a fuck about Satherday, worry about that when it comes, stop being a moody git and enjoy the win.

Gervinho's Forehead
What

The fuck

Just happened?

Don't try and understand it!

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Eisfeld looks a player.

People said he was shit when we signed him :haha:

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Matt Lucas crying about the additional time. :lol:

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 10:45 PM
The only thing to be said after that:

Chamakh :bow:.

N_Q :haha:.

gooners
McDermott will be found hanging somewhere in the morning....

that will even be too kind! even a pub team like reading should not be completely surrendering a 4nil lead -- even against barca!

Gervinho's Forehead
Matt Lucas crying about the additional time. :lol:

He seriously shouldn't be left alone tonight.

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Prettu much, who cares about the perfomance any of the day we got through it was a cracking game on to the mancs.

Prettu much :bow:.

Bergkampwonderland10
Have to say, Giroud and Eisfeld were great substitutions...and I was actually very impressed with the work-rate of Arshavin! He drove most things down that left hand side second half.
Pleased Chamakh finally scored again and Walcott and Jenkinson were the outstanding players for me.
Give Walcott whatever he wants - seriously just pay him what ever he wants. Give him the signing on fee and a good salary for the next 5yrs - just do it already.

Syn
There's no point in analysing this game.

An absolute pub team affair.

The only thing to say is;

Arsenal. :bow:

You wouldn't get poorer quality games in the Sunday leagues. The pitch was littered with retards. There was no shape or organisation. It was worse than a kickabout in a park.

I don't know what the fuck that was.

But we're into the last 8 and lets hope we face another a bunch of retards in the quarters.

Gervinho's Forehead
Wenger calls it a tennis game :lol:

Globalgunner
30-10-2012, 10:47 PM

What a guy

Steady on man. You doth go too far

milla
30-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Have to say, Giroud and Eisfeld were great substitutions...and I was actually very impressed with the work-rate of Arshavin! He drove most things down that left hand side second half.
Pleased Chamakh finally scored again and Walcott and Jenkinson were the outstanding players for me.
Give Walcott whatever he wants - seriously just pay him what ever he wants. Give him the signing on fee and a good salary for the next 5yrs - just do it already.

Now just to need to get rid of Ramsey this Saturday and play Arshavin. The boy had learnt his lesson, he knows he has to works his ass or he won't play. Eisfeld is so good, he has everything in his locker.. a bit like Iniesta IMO. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
30-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Was never in doubt tbh

I kept the faith

Syn
30-10-2012, 10:53 PM
@Wengerknowsbest: I believe we got it right tonight tactically, by deciding to drop little bit physically in the first half.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Steady on man. You doth go too far

Remember who your, well you know the rest :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:54 PM
League cup :bow:

4th place trohpy :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 10:54 PM

tbf only about two players from tonight will play on saturday

GP
30-10-2012, 10:55 PM
tbf only about two players from tonight will play on saturday

Mate, you don't even need to reply to such an obvious WUM.

Just use the ignore function.

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Martinez: ‘I want the players to be confident in me’

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-want-the-players-to-be-confident-in-me-

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Mate, you don't even need to reply to such an obvious WUM.

Just use the ignore function.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Repeat at 00:30 on SS1.

Put on record. :popcorn:

GP
30-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Repeat at 00:30 on SS1.

Put on record. :popcorn:

Lightweight.

Stay up and watch it.

Power n Glory
30-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you, Arsenal.

Had scumbag fans rubbing in the beating we were getting but we came back and won!! Fantastic.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 10:59 PM
been confirmed on Arsenals twitter that it was in fact Carl Jenkinson who scored the fourth goal. no hatrick for Theo but so glad jenkinson was there, even though it was theo's goal as it crossed the line. just shows how important it is to play to the whistle

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:01 PM
been confirmed on Arsenals twitter that it was in fact Carl Jenkinson who scored the fourth goal. no hatrick for Theo but so glad jenkinson was there, even though it was theo's goal as it crossed the line. just shows how important it is to play to the whistle

Fair play to Theo, for doing that.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 11:02 PM
There are certain moments in football that just stick with you because of their significance.

Chakma lobbing the keeper to put an end to the madness is one I won't ever forget. That will be his lasting legacy.

Just as Baptista's was his 4 goal Anfield haul.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Fair play to Theo, for doing that.

theo didnt do anything, it was decided by the someone else. i just mean that it should be theos goal because it clearly crossed the line

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:03 PM
theo didnt do anything, it was decided by the someone else. i just mean that it should be theos goal because it clearly crossed the line

Don't worry Geoff Shreeves broke it to him.

Ollie the Optimist
30-10-2012, 11:03 PM
also apparenlty the guy sky showed leaving the game at 4-0 has confirmed he went to get a pint as he has tweeted pictures of him being at ground later on.

sky in trying to make Arsenal fans look bad shock

Fist of Lehmann
30-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, that was weird.

And Chamakh played well.

What what in the fuck fuck?

Power n Glory
30-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Theo needs to be in the line up for the weekend. Arshavin should be on the bench too. Kos and Djourou should be released from their contracts after that performance. Awful!

Giroud was fantastic. Chamakh...fantastic. We had some players that showed some heart in that game. Wenger did his part in giving a bollocking at half time and making sure they stepped their game up. I'm just glad we weren't totally embarrassed tonight!

GP
30-10-2012, 11:09 PM
There are certain moments in football that just stick with you because of their significance.

Chakma lobbing the keeper to put an end to the madness is one I won't ever forget. That will be his lasting legacy.

Just as Baptista's was his 4 goal Anfield haul.

Hopefully Chamakh can be a useful player for us now.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Hopefully Chamakh can be a useful player for us now.

Nah, he's still a ****.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:12 PM
. Kos and Djourou should be released from their contracts after that performance.

Id agree with the latter, but Kos come on he has had much better games then this.

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 11:13 PM
To be serious for a moment, Eisfeld completely changed the game. Having a midfielder who can do the simple things like control a ball, make space for himself and pass competently to a teammate to keep the move going meant that we weren't overrun every time Arshavin/Theo/Chamakh/Frimpong gave it away. Arshavin should have the ability to do these things, especially against a second-string Reading, but we had to rely on a twelve year-old to calm the game down and make us look somewhat like a functioning football team. Eisfeld seems to have made his name as a finisher for the reserves, but he showed he's got an all-round game tonight. Hopefully he gets some more chances in the team. We could do with players who can execute the basics effectively at the moment.

Giroud was everywhere when he came on too. Made us penetrative up front and linked the midfield and forwards. Defensively (relatively) good too.

Credit to Jenkinson for doing an impression of Sagna v Spurs from last season too. A player who for some reason actually cares about putting in a genuine shift every game despite getting paid handsome amounts of money.

Power n Glory
30-10-2012, 11:13 PM
YI hope that gives him a confidence boost. The guy hits a shot from outside the box and scores and then chips the keeper. He has to be buzzing after that. - Chamakh that is.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:18 PM
To be serious for a moment, Eisfeld completely changed the game. Having a midfielder who can do the simple things like control a ball, make space for himself and pass competently to a teammate to keep the move going meant that we weren't overrun every time Arshavin/Theo/Chamakh/Frimpong gave it away. Arshavin should have the ability to do these things, especially against a second-string Reading, but we had to rely on a twelve year-old to calm the game down and make us look somewhat like a functioning football team. Eisfeld seems to have made his name as a finisher for the reserves, but he showed he's got an all-round game tonight. Hopefully he gets some more chances in the team. We could do with players who can execute the basics effectively at the moment.

Giroud was everywhere when he came on too. Made us penetrative up front and linked the midfield and forwards. Defensively (relatively) good too.

Credit to Jenkinson for doing an impression of Sagna v Spurs from last season too. A player who for some reason actually cares about putting in a genuine shift every game despite getting paid handsome amounts of money.

Spot on.

Eisfeld is actually ans exciting player. I know when we signed him he was written off before he even played a game, but he looks good.

Syn
30-10-2012, 11:20 PM

You can tell he's a natural footballer. And he's 19 - at the age where he should be starting to get some appearances. But I get the feeling he isn't being involved too much because he looks incredibly skinny. Cannot read much into this game though - anyone with a bit of ability and motivation could've scored.

GP
30-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Funnily enough, a Chamakh/Giroud partnership seems to be a good one.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Funnily enough, a Chamakh/Giroud partnership seems to be a good one.

Bendtner :pal:

Serious though. they played well together and maybe both scoring will give them confidence. I think we need to use Chamakh more its not like we have any thing to loose.

Both scored good goals. Giroud's was an important 1 it got us back into it.

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Agree about Eisfeld, he looks very composed.

On the note of GHELmans, I was disappointed with Segrio Gnabbers.

Globalgunner
30-10-2012, 11:25 PM
I hope u guys know that this means we wont be signing a striker in Jan.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I hope u guys know that this means we wont be signing a striker in Jan.

Yeah we were nailed on certainties to beforehand.

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Agree about Eisfeld, he looks very composed.

On the note of GHELmans, I was disappointed with Segrio Gnabbers.

Segrio was probably our most dangerous player in the first half. Made some good runs and almost scored one. It would have been hard for Pires to do anything with the bunch of miners, welders and carpenters that were trying to play football for the first 60 minutes.

Joker
30-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I think Theo should be given a chance up front now, his finishing has always been quality and he showed that again today. What's more his positional play has improved as well. Although the 3rd goal was simple he had to be in the right place at the right time, same with Jenkinson's goal.

I don't think he can learn much more playing on the right. He's not a naturally gifted dribbler, and surely 5 years is enough to learn about defensive awareness, etc? Some say he can still get goals from the right, but given his skillset he'd be much more effective up front (you wouldn't think of playing Owen out wide would you?)

gooners
30-10-2012, 11:39 PM
(you wouldn't think of playing Owen out wide would you?)

no...........but then wenger would -- he knows best; cue 'it worked with henry'

gooners
30-10-2012, 11:40 PM
YI hope that gives him a confidence boost. The guy hits a shot from outside the box and scores and then chips the keeper. He has to be buzzing after that. - Chamakh that is.

worth 60k a week <_<

Marc Overmars
I think Theo should be given a chance up front now, his finishing has always been quality and he showed that again today. What's more his positional play has improved as well. Although the 3rd goal was simple he had to be in the right place at the right time, same with Jenkinson's goal.

I don't think he can learn much more playing on the right. He's not a naturally gifted dribbler, and surely 5 years is enough to learn about defensive awareness, etc? Some say he can still get goals from the right, but given his skillset he'd be much more effective up front (you wouldn't think of playing Owen out wide would you?)

He's the best finisher in the squad and it's a great weapon for us to exploit. I think the writing is on the wall though, Wenget just doesn't fancy him.

He'll be off.

Olivier's xmas twist
Arsene Wenger described Arsenal's astonishing victory at Reading in the Capital One Cup as a miracle after watching his side win a 7-5 classic.

The Gunners looked like they were going to be dumped out in the fourth round at the Madejski Stadium after falling 4-0 down in the opening 37 minutes.

But Theo Walcott inspired an epic comeback in the final seconds of normal time of a see-saw contest, which ultimately saw Arsenal progress to the quarter-finals after extra time.

"You always see new things in our game," Wenger told Sky Sports. "That is why it is never boring.

"It finished well for us but they (Reading) made a fantastic start. We were not sharp, beaten in every single one-against-one and it was 4-0. It could have been one or two more.

"After that, I believe, in the second half, we came back after 4-1.

"We created chance after chance and it was 4-2 but, at 89 minutes, we still needed to score two goals.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8213828/Arsene-Wenger-thinks-Arsenal-s-Capital-One-Cup-win-at-Reading-was-a-miracle

Fist of Lehmann
30-10-2012, 11:42 PM
The Eisman Commeth :bow:
Rock solid technique and really composed. Germans know how to teach the basics right.

But GerNabry wasn't helped by the fact that the whole team played like mongs in the first half, only 17, bags of time yet.

Joker
30-10-2012, 11:42 PM
He's the best finisher in the squad and it's a great weapon for us to exploit. I think the writing is on the wall though, Wenget just doesn't fancy him.

He'll be off.

It would be a shame if he did leave. He's limited yes, but hardly anyone in the squad is the sort of "total footballer" that Wenger likes.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:46 PM

He'll be off.

Yup he does not like that type of Cf it is not in his game or the way he likes his team to play footie.

gooners
30-10-2012, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Fist of Lehmann;211428]The Eisman Commeth :bow:
[QUOTE]

you mean iceman? cool as ice :scarf:

Marc Overmars
30-10-2012, 11:47 PM
It would be a shame if he did leave. He's limited yes, but hardly anyone in the squad is the sort of "total footballer" that Wenger likes.

His son Ramsey is, apparently.

gooners
30-10-2012, 11:49 PM

:o illegimate son, apparently (denilson's twin)

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 11:52 PM
on the game…
We went from disaster to, I must say at least at some stage, pride - because we at least came back in the second half with a decent performance.

Little bit disaster to little bit pride.

on how he felt when Reading went 4-0 up…
Overall, I just felt sorry for our fans because at 2-0, they stayed behind the team. At 3-0, they stayed behind the team. At 4-0, they stayed behind the team. I would like to give them credit tonight.

on some fans leaving at 4-0…
Yes. I give them less credit.

on what he told the team at half time…
That is dressing room talk.

We do not comment on speculation.

on if this is one of his greatest victories…
Maybe, yes. I don’t know.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-went-from-disaster-to-pride-

WUMger :bow:.

GP
30-10-2012, 11:53 PM
:o illegimate son, apparently (denilson's twin)

Looks nothing like Denilson

Master Splinter
30-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Looks nothing like Denilson

He never said he was an identical twin.

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Went to eat, had a little time to think about the game and can post reasonably and rationally on it

What a fucking game. Best game of all time. Dont think there is one ive seen that comes close to it.

They all played a part. The tards from Reading did their bit. They were as good as we were poor in the first half and they took full advantage. Fortunately as is the case with tards, they will always make themselves look like idiots eventually as we have seen on GW many a time and thus it came to pass on the football pitch. Fell for McDermott. Never heard of him before the game but hes a former Arsenal player so Must Get tbh

As for us

Martinez - Couple of great saves. Plenty of shockers. Not the answer to our very obvious keeper problem

Defence - Jenks was terrible in the first half. Thought he had gone back to the days of the whole of last season when he played where he was shocking beyond relief. 2nd half, we was brilliant. Constant threat down the right and linked well with Theo. Miquel, poor lad. He isnt a left back. Should be played at CB where he is far better than the awful duo we had today. Hope he isnt injured badly. Quite clearly our 3rd choice CB now. Djourou, stick a fork in him. Hes done. Ludicrously given the captains armband. Adams will be rolling in his grave when he dies. Hes a mistake waiting to happen. Been here for ages and has been given enough chances and never impressed. Kos, :lol: terrible. Might as well stick him upfront for all the good he does at the back. Scored at both ends, Roberts will never have an easier game ever. Kos is a car crash and cant be risked anymore. Hes done

Midfield - Frimpong is a nothing player. More famous for quoting Judi Dench or whatever than anything he does on the pitch. People will say he is coming back from injury. I will say he was shit before that as well so doesnt make a difference. Coquelin i like as a player. Not the best of first halfs but grew in the 2nd. Gnabry was a bit shit. Back to the drawing board for him

Attack - Chamakh scored 2 great goals. Was a constant menace upfront in the last 75 mins of the game. Hes back :bow: Arshavin is a trier. He has been affected more than most by Wengeritis but he is showing signs of recovery. He doesnt go with the pass pass pass shite. He tries to be creative and he got assists today and then theres the motm, best player on the park by a mile Sir Theo of Walcott. Only one thing needs to be said here

NQ :haha:

Subs - Giroud scored a goal and actually moved for once in his arsenal career, More of the same is needed. Eisfeld looked good on the ball. Bit shit with end product but that will improve if Wenger fucks off but wont if he doesnt. Adequate game. Meade, didnt notice him

All in all, we are through. Hoping for a home game in the next round

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:04 AM
on the game…
We went from disaster to, I must say at least at some stage, pride - because we at least came back in the second half with a decent performance. We had just hope, but it didn’t look like we would go through. At least in the second half, we got our disastrous first half out of the system. Then, once it was 4-4, I think it looked like we would be the winner of the game. Reading had given a lot, and [were] mentally of course down and in extra time, the maximum they could have got was a penalty shoot out. We looked quite comfortable in the second half. They [Reading] had a fantastic first half. I know what it is to be pulled back when you’re 4-0 up. It happened to me as well. They should take credit from that performance and not be too disappointed.

on if he thought the comeback was possible at 4-0 down…
Yes. At 4-1, I thought yes. In the second half we played 4-2-4, basically 4-1-5 because Eisfeld is an offensive midfielder. We created many chances and from then on, I always had hope we could come back. We had some free-kicks around the box [but] we couldn’t score. With 15 minutes to go, I thought that’s the moment to score the 4-3. We didn’t. Seven minutes to go, we had a great chance [to score]. We didn’t [take it] so I thought it will be short now. It’s strange to explain. At 4-0, you think you have won the game. At 4-1 you still think you have won the game. At 4-2, you suddenly realise that it’s not over - and then the panic kicks in and no matter how good a player you are, that goes through the team.

on how he felt when Reading went 4-0 up…
I didn’t feel great. I just thought ‘what can I do about that?’ I started to think about my half-time speech. It was not difficult to find an inspiration at half time, because there was enough there to talk about. Overall, I just felt sorry for our fans because at 2-0, they stayed behind the team. At 3-0, they stayed behind the team. At 4-0, they stayed behind the team. I would like to give them credit tonight.

on some fans leaving at 4-0…
Yes. I give them less credit. The big part of the fans stayed behind the team and I’m happy we paid them back in the second half.

on what he told the team at half time…
That is dressing room talk. Anyway it was difficult to be worse in the second half than in the first.

on if this is one of his greatest victories…
Maybe, yes. I don’t know. It is not one of our priorities but had we gone out - the way we could have gone out in the first half - that would not have been one of my proudest moments at the Club. I’m very happy that we responded the way we did in the second.

Wenger critisising the fans :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Went to eat, had a little time to think about the game and can post reasonably and rationally on it

What a fucking game. Best game of all time. Dont think there is one ive seen that comes close to it.

They all played a part. The tards from Reading did their bit. They were as good as we were poor in the first half and they took full advantage. Fortunately as is the case with tards, they will always make themselves look like idiots eventually as we have seen on GW many a time and thus it came to pass on the football pitch. Fell for McDermott. Never heard of him before the game but hes a former Arsenal player so Must Get tbh

As for us

Martinez - Couple of great saves. Plenty of shockers. Not the answer to our very obvious keeper problem

Defence - Jenks was terrible in the first half. Thought he had gone back to the days of the whole of last season when he played where he was shocking beyond relief. 2nd half, we was brilliant. Constant threat down the right and linked well with Theo. Miquel, poor lad. He isnt a left back. Should be played at CB where he is far better than the awful duo we had today. Hope he isnt injured badly. Quite clearly our 3rd choice CB now. Djourou, stick a fork in him. Hes done. Ludicrously given the captains armband. Adams will be rolling in his grave when he dies. Hes a mistake waiting to happen. Been here for ages and has been given enough chances and never impressed. Kos, :lol: terrible. Might as well stick him upfront for all the good he does at the back. Scored at both ends, Roberts will never have an easier game ever. Kos is a car crash and cant be risked anymore. Hes done

Midfield - Frimpong is a nothing player. More famous for quoting Judi Dench or whatever than anything he does on the pitch. People will say he is coming back from injury. I will say he was shit before that as well so doesnt make a difference. Coquelin i like as a player. Not the best of first halfs but grew in the 2nd. Gnabry was a bit shit. Back to the drawing board for him

Attack - Chamakh scored 2 great goals. Was a constant menace upfront in the last 75 mins of the game. Hes back :bow: Arshavin is a trier. He has been affected more than most by Wengeritis but he is showing signs of recovery. He doesnt go with the pass pass pass shite. He tries to be creative and he got assists today and then theres the motm, best player on the park by a mile Sir Theo of Walcott. Only one thing needs to be said here

NQ :haha:

Subs - Giroud scored a goal and actually moved for once in his arsenal career, More of the same is needed. Eisfeld looked good on the ball. Bit shit with end product but that will improve if Wenger fucks off but wont if he doesnt. Adequate game. Meade, didnt notice him

All in all, we are through. Hoping for a home game in the next round

Turned the game on its head when he came on.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Wenger critisising the fans :popcorn:

Been posted already.

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Well no he didnt

Reading sitting back and holding on to what they had and allowing us to have the ball is what turned the game

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Been posted already.

As a great man once said

"i didnt see it"

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Well no he didnt

Reading sitting back and holding on to what they had and allowing us to have the ball is what turned the game

Well him and Giroud coming on changed the game.

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Time to play 2 up top

Case of Theo and one other

Chamakh impressed today so should get the nod

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2012, 12:41 AM
I am going to post before reading the whole of the thread but I can see Ach's last post and I do agree and have said in the past that 2 up front should be how we consider starting some games, Giroud does not have it to play the point by himself.

Walcott if a striker needs to play off someone, running on to balls won by the likes of Giroud and dare I say it Chamakh or a similar kind of player.

Anyway......woke up to see the game was still going on.......no good for me though, the CC doesnt ignite an interest over here till final day so had to make do with BBC streaming, saw Walcott score the 4th and then it was a case of eperiodically choking on my Sugarpuffs!!!!

Cant comment on what I didnt see......but the defence must have been playing kamikaze footie, right?

anyway a win in a game I would love to see.....well done, could be a little boost for the trip to the Mancs?.....lets hope so!

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Defence were playing their usual game tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-10-2012, 01:04 AM
just got back

thats the best way to sum it up.

from rock bottom to complete high- the night had everything. emotions, love, hatred and passion.

first thing's first, giroud and eisfeld changed the game. eisfeld gave us more control in midfield and giroud was a fucking beast up top. everytime he's on the pitch he makes us more direct and makes us more dangerous. it was the same at city and it was the same tonight.

second thing is that we need to play giroud and walcott up top. the big man small man partnership worked so well and they complement each other brilliantly. i dont think walcott's good enough to be leading our line on his own, a striker needs more than just great finishing; he needs strength, the ability to hold up play, aerial threat etc. at the same time, i dont think playing giroud on his own makes the best use of him either because he likes to drop deep and pick teams off from there. the thing that was clear tonight was that everytime walcott was near giroud it clicked; they worked off each other and made some great runs in behind. when they were far apart reading had more control of the game.

arshavin :blink: im not sure what to make of him. was abysmal in the first half but he got 3 assists in the end (i think) and everything seemed to go through him, it's just a shame he's a fat lazy fuck. he grated on everyone tonight. but stats would prove otherwise so dunno what to make of him.

chamakh can actually shoot :blink: why the fuck doesn't he grow a pair more often? his first goal was a case of 'fuck im on my own here... errr fuck... ok ill shoot then...' and bang it went in. he needs to try it more often.

defensively we were a shambles. jason roberts ran us ragged. we didn't get into the game during the first half and we couldn't string 2 passes together. second half was a complete turnaround.

funniest moment of the night goes to giroud, who after 90 minutes thought the game was over and headed over to the fans and chucked his shirt into the crowd, only to be reminded by the physio that there were still another 30 minutes left to be played :haha: :haha: the whole stand was in bits and laughter and singing the giroud song proud.

and a shout out to the guy next to me who left after 40 minutes. i bet you feel like a dick. you wanker.

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Coq did the shirt throwing thing as well :haha:

That was awesome

Arsenal players :bow:

Proving that footballers really arent that bright.

As for the fans who left, :lol: Always said aways fans are a bit alwful. The homers are the real fans

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2012, 01:22 AM
just got back

from rock bottom to complete high- the night had everything. emotions, love, hatred and passion.

first thing's first, giroud and eisfeld changed the game. eisfeld gave us more control in midfield and giroud was a fucking beast up top. everytime he's on the pitch he makes us more direct and makes us more dangerous. it was the same at city and it was the same tonight.

second thing is that we need to play giroud and walcott up top. the big man small man partnership worked so well and they complement each other brilliantly. i dont think walcott's good enough to be leading our line on his own, a striker needs more than just great finishing; he needs strength, the ability to hold up play, aerial threat etc. at the same time, i dont think playing giroud on his own makes the best use of him either because he likes to drop deep and pick teams off from there. the thing that was clear tonight was that everytime walcott was near giroud it clicked; they worked off each other and made some great runs in behind. when they were far apart reading had more control of the game.

arshavin :blink: im not sure what to make of him. was abysmal in the first half but he got 3 assists in the end (i think) and everything seemed to go through him, it's just a shame he's a fat lazy fuck. he grated on everyone tonight. but stats would prove otherwise so dunno what to make of him.

chamakh can actually shoot :blink: why the fuck doesn't he grow a pair more often? his first goal was a case of 'fuck im on my own here... errr fuck... ok ill shoot then...' and bang it went in. he needs to try it more often.

defensively we were a shambles. jason roberts ran us ragged. we didn't get into the game during the first half and we couldn't string 2 passes together. second half was a complete turnaround.

funniest moment of the night goes to giroud, who after 90 minutes thought the game was over and headed over to the fans and chucked his shirt into the crowd, only to be reminded by the physio that there were still another 30 minutes left to be played :haha: :haha: the whole stand was in bits and laughter and singing the giroud song proud.

and a shout out to the guy next to me who left after 40 minutes. i bet you feel like a dick. you wanker.

Thanks for that.... respect to the away fans......must have been a great night.

Agree with a lot of that.....not sure that either Girourd or Theo should be playing up front by themselves......Gerv certainly shouldnt, there is an obvious case play two up top Giro/Theo or Pods......sadly I think that Wenger will have his eyes closed to this possibility

Gooner23
31-10-2012, 07:07 AM

Agree with a lot of that.....not sure that either Girourd or Theo should be playing up front by themselves......Gerv certainly shouldnt, there is an obvious case play two up top Giro/Theo or Pods......sadly I think that Wenger will have his eyes closed to this possibility

In Wilshere and Arteta I think we have two centre mids who could play in a 442, both work their socks off, like a tackle and rarely lose the ball when they do have it. Pods and Cazorla on the wings. Feo and Giroud up top. Would like to see it at least given a go.

On the game, that was ridiculous. First half we were appaling, but every player stepped it up after the break and put in a shift. Christ, even Fat Fuck and Shitmack were still sprinting in extra time. As has been said, Eisfeld was very impressive. Coq upped his game big time in the 2nd half as well. Giroud was immense and showed that with a bit of confidence he can be a beast. As for Feo; he can be maddenly frustrating at times, but last night he was absolutely brilliant. Nicky Shorey will be having nightmares for a long time after that. I think it would be a massive mistake if we lost him in January as he is finally starting to deliver on a consistent basis.

Gervinho's Forehead
31-10-2012, 08:05 AM
5 fucking 7!!!! We only went and won 5 fucking 7!!!!!

GP
31-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Reading are the first team in the history of the League Cup to score 5 at home and still lose.

Globalgunner
31-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I think this game finally put paid to the legend of Frimpong........He is proving that it is actually possible to be a worse midfielder than Ramsey

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 08:41 AM
He was terrible. No discipline, poor passing and first touch. Same goes for Coquelin. They were really bad.

Gervinho's Forehead
31-10-2012, 08:49 AM
He was terrible. No discipline, poor passing and first touch. Same goes for Coquelin. They were really bad.

I did think coq was a bit limp which was disappointing and I agree that frimpong is out of his depth at a club like Arsenal, I think he's a championship player.

Gooner23
31-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Coq was very flacid first half. but he did perk up a bit after the break.

RomfordPele
31-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Complete aside, but did anyone notice how bloody quick the ref was to jump on our keeper for time wasting last night.

Sincerely hope that's the new benchmark for away teams at the emirates...

Gervinho's Forehead
31-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Complete aside, but did anyone notice how bloody quick the ref was to jump on our keeper for time wasting last night.

Sincerely hope that's the new benchmark for away teams at the emirates...

I noticed that too!

GP
31-10-2012, 09:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kIyCR.jpg

Gervinho's Forehead
31-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Has anyone found McDermott in his garage yet?

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 10:20 AM
That was mental. Absolutely fabulous come back.

Giroud and Walcott were fantastic. Arshavin, although frustrating, never stopped running. Even Chamspak produced the goods.

:scarf:

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Wenget's troll grin. :bow:

Matt Lucas. :lol:

Awful manager.

GP
31-10-2012, 10:33 AM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/WUMger.jpg

What are the scores, George Dawes?

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 10:33 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5twftQLVp1qgqytao1_500.png

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 10:38 AM

Problem is the way we, play, we don't play 442 and i can't see AW changing that. So the problem we have is we play 433 but only one can play in the middle, like Png says both Theo and Poldi are suited to the middle who plays there and who goes on the wing.

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I bet Adams was gutted with our comeback. He must have been itching to have a moan.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I bet Adams was gutted with our comeback. He must have been itching to have a moan.

Was probs drunk at full time anyways.

Kano
31-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I think that game is the perfect summary of wengers time at our club.

Little bit spirit, attacking verve, desire and hunger.

Poor attitude, terrible defending, disorganisation and absolute despair.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 10:56 AM

1st half last 7 years, 2nd half 1st 7 years.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Thought Giroud played well last night, just needs a bit more confidence and a little bit of sharpness and he'll be fine.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 11:04 AM

And a hint at what we have in store if the traditional injury crisis deepens.

LDG
31-10-2012, 11:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kIyCR.jpg

He was pissed off with Chamahk for giving it the "game over" celebration. He apologised to McDermott straight away.

I hope he gave him (Shitmack) a fucking bollocking for that. Completely disrespectful, especially give his lack of anything resembling a footballer over the last 18 months.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Thought Giroud played well last night, just needs a bit more confidence and a little bit of sharpness and he'll be fine.

He played excellently last night, albeit against a poor defence. You can only hope the manager spotted it and decides to play him in the role which surely we bought him to fill. Enough of this Gervinho nonsense.

LDG

:haha: :haha:

Kano
And a hint at what we have in store if the traditional injury crisis deepens.

"if" :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:07 AM
just got back

TBF when he left could you blame him.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 11:07 AM
"if" :rolleyes:

Yes, I am little bit carried away by last night's disastrous triumph.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:08 AM
He played excellently last night, albeit against a poor defence. You can only hope the manager spotted it and decides to play him in the role which surely we bought him to fill. Enough of this Gervinho nonsense.

Yep Yep Yep. Just feel They don't want to pressure him and have the fans on his back, but i feel he will start more games now.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:11 AM

Yes they were and both are better then that no excuse. Both are not bad players but they need to earn the spots in the team. Frimpong was good with Wolves and had he not got injured, that loan would have improved him. Coq was good last season but needs more games.

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2012, 11:11 AM

Stick him in goal!

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I did think coq was a bit limp which was disappointing and I agree that frimpong is out of his depth at a club like Arsenal, I think he's a championship player.

Thats rubbish, he do well at a Villa or a Sunderland. He is by no means a bad player. Personally like Jack did not think he is fully fit yet but that was no excuse for how we played.

LDG
31-10-2012, 11:12 AM
That match tells you everything you need to know about the starting line up, or (at least) what it should be, and where we need replacements.

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2012, 11:15 AM
He was pissed off with Chamahk for giving it the "game over" celebration. He apologised to McDermott straight away.

I hope he gave him (Shitmack) a fucking bollocking for that. Completely disrespectful, especially give his lack of anything resembling a footballer over the last 18 months.

completely agree with that, also he was probs still fucking pissed at martinez for kicking hte ball away straight after making a save instead of holding onto it

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:17 AM
That match tells you everything you need to know about the starting line up, or (at least) what it should be, and where we need replacements.

Also tells us how much of a pub team reading are.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:18 AM
completely agree with that, also he was probs still fucking pissed at martinez for kicking hte ball away straight after making a save instead of holding onto it

Should never have played him last night, id have played Shea tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Should never have played him last night, id have played Shea tbh.

i thought he was alright actually. one goal was 100% his fault, but he made some very good saves towards the end. for his second game for the club it wasnt too bad. more problems with the defence then him. willing to give him another chance to impress

GP
31-10-2012, 11:23 AM
i thought he was alright actually. one goal was 100% his fault, but he made some very good saves towards the end. for his second game for the club it wasnt too bad. more problems with the defence then him. willing to give him another chance to impress

He was dreadful. Couldn't catch a cold.

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2012, 11:24 AM
He was dreadful. Couldn't catch a cold.

i need to watch it again then, but i thought he made some very good saves towards the end. could have been defenders deflecting them but though they were his. oh well, we have man none

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Completely out of his depth. But then again, so are all our keepers apart from Ches from time to time.

LDG
31-10-2012, 11:28 AM
I just felt sorry for the fans, they stuck with us. A big part stayed and supported us and I give them credit. I give the ones who left less credit.

Eh?

Harsh from Wenger there.

Whilst I don't believe in walking out on games, I can see why some left. After everything we suffer as Gooners these past few years; to see us 4-0 down after 37 minutes was an embarassment....and it wasn't giving up on the club, it was more a showing of dissatisfaction with the regime. As the rest of the fans sang, it was more a question of wanting our Arsenal back.

That still stands.

That said, I thought those who stayed and cheered us on were phenominal. That's what it's all about for us lot. It really is, and somebody should take notice of that. If last night wasn't wake up call enough, I don't know what is anymore.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Eh?

Harsh from Wenger there.

Whilst I don't believe in walking out on games, I can see why some left. After everything we suffer as Gooners these past few years; to see us 4-0 down after 37 minutes was an embarassment....and it wasn't giving up on the club, it was more a showing of dissatisfaction with the regime. As the rest of the fans sang, it was more a question of wanting our Arsenal back.

That still stands.

That said, I thought those who stayed and cheered us on were phenominal. That's what it's all about for us lot. It really is, and somebody should take notice of that. If last night wasn't wake up call enough, I don't know what is anymore.

It started out so incredibly badly everyone must have had the thought we couldn't keep the performance at a level that low, there was only one way to go from the very bottom of the barrel so it was surprising people left considering they'd paid. Would have been better to protest by not paying at all, that's the only way to make a point with the likes of Kroenke and PHW.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-10-2012, 11:37 AM
still riding high on the arsenal wave. what a roller coaster :scarf:

4-0 down and we still managed to win :scarf: its only the league cup but its gone down in our history books as one of those unforgettable moments.

never seen away fans jumping and hugging each other like they did last night. wont ever forget it either.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Eh?

Harsh from Wenger there.

That still stands.

It was so bad even my stream died, with a few mins left of the 1st half to go.
@SWAYR good to know you had fun, but you always say away games are better.

Dennis Bendtner
31-10-2012, 11:44 AM
:haha: fucking hell! What a game! Best I've been to by a mile. Sitting with the Reading lot weirded it out a bit but I'll take it :haha:

The away fans were amazing, even if a lot of the uninformed are criticising them.

Eisfeld looks like a very nice footballer. Hadn't seen much of him other than his goals prior to yesterday. And Walcott was fantastic. Cannot accuse him of lacking little bit oil in his engine. Guy never stopped running at them.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-10-2012, 11:54 AM
our away fans have been germanized. we wouldnt look out of place in the bundesliga stadiums :bow:

im liking this german movement at arsenal from players to fans.

efficiency :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:57 AM
"We want our Arsenal back" HT

"And its Arsenal, Arsenal FC were by far the greatest team the word has ever seen" FT

:haha: Arsenal fans you got to love em.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Good to see him pissed even though we won. Shows he knows they were poor and even though we won lots for work has to be done.

GP
31-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll just leave this here...

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=201736

LDG
31-10-2012, 12:06 PM

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=201736

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 12:15 PM
:lol: Bunch of idiots!

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Arsenal are still in the competition at the moment.

Yes, laughing at Arsenal is funny, but we didn't make it past the first hurdle and that was at home to a First Division side.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I thought I was going mad. Wasn't there a thread last night about racism that seems to have disappeared.

Did the thread get out of hand or did the pc brigade strike?

Even their own Forum members can stand them :haha:

Did you see Jason Roberts at the end of the 90 mins? giving it all the arms, being intimidating and effing ang blinding? He has just acted like the kind of people he wants out :(

wrong thread mate, read racism one ;)

LDG
31-10-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2268-**Official-Other-Teams-amp-Games-Thread-Season-2012-13**/page187

:rolleyes:

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2268-**Official-Other-Teams-amp-Games-Thread-Season-2012-13**/page188

Doesn't matter how crap Reading were; that kind of comeback is the sort of thing that gives teams confidence. Unfortunately.

I think this guy is talking sense and it's something some Gooners need to remember. Some shambolic performances, especially the first half, but we needed some players to step it up with the creativity and goals. We've been struggling in that department for a few games now.

LDG
31-10-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2268-**Official-Other-Teams-amp-Games-Thread-Season-2012-13**/page188

I think this guy is talking sense and it's something some Gooners need to remember. Some shambolic performances, especially the first half, but we needed some players to step it up with the creativity and goals. We've been struggling in that department for a few games now.

I think we need to look at the game, and how we pulled those goals back.

Most of them came from doing the basics right, and playing percentages. There was a notable difference in the way we played going forward in the second half.

None of the sideways passing. It was all about going forward. Direct, width, pace, danger from set pieces, good delivery......

Of course. We will go back to playing square, with Ramsby on the wing in the next game.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 12:42 PM

The only problem is that it won't be these guys who play on Saturday, it'll be Gervinho and Ramsey...

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Most of them came from doing the basics right, and playing percentages. There was a notable difference in the way we played going forward in the second half.

None of the sideways passing. It was all about going forward. Direct, width, pace, danger from set pieces, good delivery......

Of course. We will go back to playing square, with Ramsby on the wing in the next game.

It's easier to go for broke when you're chasing a big deficit, we never player like that usually because we like to control games and play at our pace, you always see us playing better when we're actually losing. Look at how it got all jittery when we went 4-5 up, that's our problem.

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 12:53 PM

In the first half, we were just awful and couldn't keep possession. We never even got into our usual sideways passing stride.

Come Saturday, Wenger has to really think about how he's going to get Arshavin, Theo and Giroud back into the team. Ramsey and Podolski on the wing has to stop. Would really like to see both Santi and Arshavin playing in the middle with Arteta.

Özil's Panoramic View
31-10-2012, 12:53 PM
The only problem is that it won't be these guys who play on Saturday, it'll be Gervinho and Ramsey...

A very bitter medicine to swallow indeed.

LDG
31-10-2012, 12:54 PM
It's easier to go for broke when you're chasing a big deficit, we never player like that usually because we like to control games and play at our pace, you always see us playing better when we're actually losing. Look at how it got all jittery when we went 4-5 up, that's our problem.

True.

*sigh*

I like mental Arsenal though :(

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 12:56 PM
True.

*sigh*

I like mental Arsenal though :(

Pretty much.

Wenget needs to stop trying to make us a Barca-lite.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 12:57 PM

Gev is injured :haha:

Even so we tend to motivate ourselves for big games anyways. Look at the city game.

LDG
31-10-2012, 12:59 PM
In the first half, we were just awful and couldn't keep possession. We never even got into our usual sideways passing stride.

Come Saturday, Wenger has to really think about how he's going to get Arshavin, Theo and Giroud back into the team. Ramsey and Podolski on the wing has to stop. Would really like to see both Santi and Arshavin playing in the middle with Arteta.

Not sure about the Santi / Arshavin thing, as neither is a great carrier of the ball, and that is what Diaby / Wilshere do for us (Eisfeld last night). When those dudes don't play, we lack any "little bit burst" going forward.

I loke Arhavin out on the left though. He commits the fullback every time. Something you don't get from Poldi. That said, Poldi gives you dicipline....except, it seems when Santos plays.

We have so many misfits in the side, and so getting the balance is tough as old pissflaps to come by.

GP
31-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Not Gervinho

Syn
Can't believe you guys are giving this game a serious thought. Retards vs retards. Stupidest game in history. Space and gaps all over with the game at snail's pace. Embarrassing and hilarious to watch. We're not finding any solutions from that performance.

Maede tho...the new Ashley Cole? Why not.

Olivier's xmas twist

This. We need players that can find a good pass not once who only seem to pass sideways. We also need a yaya toure type in the midfield, close thing to that is a fit Diaby.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Not Gervinho

Out for 4 weeks tbh.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Gervais is injured?

Shame...

LDG
31-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Can't believe you guys are giving this game a serious thought. Retards vs retards. Stupidest game in history. Space and gaps all over with the game at snail's pace. Embarrassing and hilarious to watch. We're not finding any solutions from that performance.

Maede?

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Anyone else nearly have a heart attack when our keeper made a fantastic catch but then threw the ball out straight away?! WTF!

And when Arshavin shot but should have pulled the ball back for Theo?! If Theo hadn't of scored from the rebound I'd have been fuckin livid.

Great entertainment though. Both teams are shit but who cares. We won 7-5 after being 4 nil down.

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 01:09 PM

As said, it's giving a few players confidence and that's what's needed. Wenger has to throw one of the creative players in the mix on Saturday because Podolski and Ramsey on the flanks won't work.

Olivier's xmas twist
Gervais is injured?

Shame...

Yep, from the QPR game.

LDG
I'm logging in to watch the highlights again :popcorn:

Syn
31-10-2012, 01:11 PM
As said, it's giving a few players confidence and that's what's needed. Wenger has to throw one of the creative players in the mix on Saturday because Podolski and Ramsey on the flanks won't work.

If it gives anyone confidence, they have no real sense of perspective. I'm not normally negative but, seriously, that was one of the worst teams we've played in recent years. One of those Pre-season or U21 games would've been more competitive.

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Wonder why Eisfeld didn't start? He's quality.

Power n Glory
31-10-2012, 01:17 PM
If it gives anyone confidence, they have no real sense of perspective. I'm not normally negative but, seriously, that was one of the worst teams we've played in recent years. One of those Pre-season or U21 games would've been more competitive.

It's not as if we haven't been embarrassed by Norwich. We were lucky to get anything against West Ham and QPR. I think Wenger has to bring in some different players to inject something into this flat team.

GP
31-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Did anyone else notice when Giroud scored the camera was focussed on Djourou? :lol:

Fist of Lehmann
31-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Disappointingly stunted.

And so was their thread.

GP
31-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Disappointingly stunted.

And Letters just had a Wedding night flashback...

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Did anyone else notice when Giroud scored the camera was focussed on Djourou? :lol:

Yeah, I first thought it was he who scored considering their names are pronounced similar. :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2012, 01:37 PM
And Letters just had a Wedding night flashback...

'I scored with. . .that?'

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2012, 02:24 PM

sky :haha:

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Disappointingly stunted.

And so was their thread.

Looks like it was chopped. Pulis has said he wants to build a passing team. Stoke have a lot more to be worried about than Arsenal if they want to preserve their farmyard antics. They'd best have a word with their manager instead.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 03:50 PM
sky :haha:

LDG
31-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Courtesy of Arseblog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbZwN5KVo8&feature=player_embedded

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-10-2012, 04:42 PM

thats true.

niall quinn got it spot on. there was no midfield for most of the second half and it was played on pure adrenaline. we were 4-0 down and chasing the game, reading were too afraid to attack. there was a gaping hole in the middle and without eisfeld we would have been screwed. he at least restored a minimal sense of balance.

there was no sense of rationale by both teams and it got worse during extra time. by the time it got to extra time reading began shitting their pants and realised they'd fucked up a 4 goal lead (only a shit club would do that :haha: ) so began attacking more. so it was end to end, heart for heart, pound for pound. literally constant waves of attack from both teams. they'd have a corner, we'd clear and we'd attack. repeat.

that was purely down to the scoreline. if it was 0-0 at halftime then both teams would have had a sense of rationale.

in that sense it was a strange game and nothing like i'd seen before. we wont see another game like that in our lifetime. it was the first for arsenal football club.

and to an extent it was pot luck that we won; on another day we would have lost 7-5. for whatever reason the gods were shining down on us. god bless whoevers up there.

LDG
31-10-2012, 04:44 PM
God bless God?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-10-2012, 04:51 PM
i thought it was charlie?

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Courtesy of Arseblog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbZwN5KVo8&feature=player_embedded

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 05:00 PM
i thought it was charlie?

I thought it was you.

Syn
31-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Football League have given the 4th goal to Theo, which means he got his hat-trick (second for Arsenal, I believe, 3rd overall). Good finishing. He is going to make Chelsea fans very happy. <_<

LDG
31-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Football League have given the 4th goal to Theo, which means he got his hat-trick (second for Arsenal, I believe, 3rd overall). Good finishing. He is going to make Chelsea fans very happy. <_<

I feel sorry for the Corporal :(

Can't wait for his first goal.

Syn
31-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I feel sorry for the Corporal :(

Can't wait for his first goal.

Maede :haha:

Fuck this shit its home time.

Happy Halloween. Come on East Anglia.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Well it was Theo's goal tbf.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Would they have been able to give that goal had GHELkinson not put in the rebound?

Seems odd they can award a goal to someone without it even being flagged by the ref. Unless the lino did actually award it intially and we didn't see.

LDG
31-10-2012, 05:21 PM

LDG
31-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Would they have been able to give that goal had GHELkinson not put in the rebound?

Seems odd they can award a goal to someone without it even being flagged by the ref. Unless the lino did actually award it intially and we didn't see.

The ref was already blowing for something prior to Jenko smashing it in like a fucking torpedo.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 05:24 PM

Was he that bad.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2012, 05:26 PM
The ref was already blowing for something prior to Jenko smashing it in like a fucking torpedo.

Ah ok.

Maede. :haha: