PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs the Mancs

Pages : [1] 2

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Bad performance, Decent scoreline. Have to do better onto the next one.

GP
Unlucky.

When you look at their goals, the first from a silly mistake and the 2nd from a corner that should never have been given.

A draw would have been fair. Still, on we go.

cheesy bites
Giroud may be slowly developing into Chamakh v.2.0.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Unlucky.

When you look at their goals, the first from a silly mistake and the 2nd from a corner that should never have been given.

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
A -1 is the best we can expect from Old Trafford. On we go.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Pathetic error and we concede.

We start playing well, they score again.

So predictable, in fact I'm gutted I didn't put money on it.

Not bothered in the slightest, on we go.

Cripps_orig
03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
We were terrible

Mancs not much better yet they played us off the park

Still, 2-1 is better than 8-2

Progress :bow:

cheesy bites
03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
If/when Tottenham beat Wigan, they'll go 5 points clear of us. Just saying.

Dennis Bendtner
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I hate this fixture. Players haven't actually turned up for it for about five years. So fucking lame.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Utd beat us without having to show up. Should have been a right hiding but we fluked a respectable shoreline. Wenger sees things nobody else sees, in a bad way I mean, in a way that normally gets people sectioned under the mental health act.

Dennis Bendtner
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
9 yellow cards (+ a red) and a last minute goal. Anyone would think this was actually interesting.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Yeah don't need to worry about them, need to worry about us.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
at least last year we could blame the loss on injuries. that was basically close to our strongest team.

how many fucking defensive mistakes are we doing to make? its EVERY FUCKING WEEK. to top it off, santos the fat c*nt grabs van persie's shirt at half time. WTF? what a disgrace. thats me done with santos, couldnt give a flying fuck if you choose to be a lazy prick but do not embarrass the fans and make us a laughing stock in front of millions of people. you dont care about the club because you come from some shithole in brazil- fine, but at least pretend you care for 90 mins when the cameras are switched on. i will never ever support santos in an arsenal shirt again. we're done and i will gladly boo him next time im at an away game.

last year we had a world class striker who could change the game. we had song, one of the most creative midfielders in the league, playing behind him. both gone and not replaced properly. not only did we sell RVP but we pocketed the money and strengthened one of our rivals.

this is the year we drop out of the top 4. we are absolutely average and have no attacking threat. we are so narrow and have no width, our full backs dont even bother overlapping. we slow the tempo right down when we're on the attack which gives the opposition a chance to get 10 men behind the ball. then we wonder why we cant open teams up.

podolski was woeful. ramsey uninspiring. why do we start with a 6ft+ striker when we dont plan on giving him any service? we play with ramsey instead of a proper winger, giroud gets no service FFS. no crosses, no balls in behind. nothing

rivals strengthen year on year and last year we scraped champions league football through pure luck. you would have thought that c*nt in charge would have had good reason to strengthen the team over the summer but we didnt. we are gonna pay for it this year, believe me.

Olivier's xmas twist
9 yellow cards (+ a red) and a last minute goal. Anyone would think this was actually interesting.

Was actually a boring game tbh.

Letters
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Predictable. Van Persie scored, ManYoo won. We were 2nd best, we're just not at their level any more.

Our away support is absolutely outstanding.

jelgoon
Nonsense.The defending was shit and we should have lost by four.

Unlucky.

Power n Glory
Unlucky.

A draw wouldn't have been fair. If you can't defend you don't deserve anything. We only managed two shots on target after 90 minutes.

Olivier's xmas twist
at least last year we could blame the loss on injuries. that was basically close to our strongest team.

how many fucking defensive mistakes are we doing to make? its EVERY FUCKING WEEK. to top it off, santos the fat c*nt grabs van persie's shirt at half time. WTF? what a disgrace. thats me done with santos, couldnt give a flying fuck if you choose to be a lazy prick but do not embarrass the fans and make us a laughing stock in front of millions of people. you dont care about the club because you come from some shithole in brazil- fine, but at least pretend you care for 90 mins when the cameras are switched on. i will never ever support santos in an arsenal shirt again. we're done and i will gladly boo him next time im at an away game.

last year we had a world class striker who could change the game. we had song, one of the most creative midfielders in the league, playing behind him. both gone and not replaced properly. not only did we sell RVP but we pocketed the money and strengthened one of our rivals.

this is the year we drop out of the top 4. we are absolutely average and have no attacking threat. we are so narrow and have no width, our full backs dont even bother overlapping. we slow the tempo right down when we're on the attack which gives the opposition a chance to get 10 men behind the ball. then we wonder why we cant open teams up.

podolski was woeful. ramsey uninspiring. why do we start with a 6ft+ striker when we dont plan on giving him any service? we play with ramsey instead of a proper winger, giroud gets no service FFS. no crosses, no balls in behind. nothing

rivals strengthen year on year and last year we scraped champions league football through pure luck. you would have thought that c*nts in charge would have had good reason to strengthen the team over the summer but we didnt. we are gonna pay for it this year, believe me.

Fixed it for ya.

Dicks and chicks
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
fuck everything.

Marc Overmars
Arsenal at home is always one of United's home bankers.

I guess it doesn't help when your manager thinks a languid midfielder with an eye for a pass is better served out on the wing.

Newguy
I was hoping that we wouldnt lose..

We actually looked a lot more balanced when the subs were made. Who would have thought that playing wingers on the wing would make such a difference??

Wenger's team selection is just plain wrong. Podolski should either start upfront all hold the bench as he is garbage on the left (Santos could be a factor). Ramsey again starting wide right is laughable.

CL football next season is going to be a stretch.

The only positive is that the balance was better towards the end, but there are fundamental problems with this squad. Arteta is decent, but I just don't think he's dynamic enough to have that role, but thats whole another thread.

Anyway next up Fulham

Özil's Panoramic View
03-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Nothing to react to really, we were shit as scripted.

Awful team selection but anything else and Wenger appear to be thinking - something he can ill-afford if he has any plans of staying on as manager under Kroenke, PHW, Mobster and rest of cohorts.

Olivier's xmas twist
Arsenal at home is always one of United's home bankers.

I guess it doesn't help when your manager thinks a languid midfielder with an eye for a pass is better served out on the wing.

If its a homebanker what does it matter what team we put out.

jelgoon
Exactly - dont know what Grimandi is on about. It wasnt a silly mistake - it was shit defending coming on the back of shit defending at Reading when Kos did exactly the same thing.

A draw wouldn't have been fair. If you can't defend you don't deserve anything. We only managed two shots on target after 90 minutes.

Joker
Unlucky.

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Its disgusting how GP Opinions are treated on here.

Syn
Very important goal by Cazorla at the end. Wenger can work with this scoreline for the post-match interview. Not scoring would've been a bit more difficult to sell.

LDG
Load of shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
a draw a fair result? :lol:

they were all over us in the first half, we didn't manage a shot on goal til the 80th+ minute.

completely overpowered. it was men against boys.

Özim
Deservedly beaten by a superior team, with that said....

Not much in it. Just one mistake separating the sides.

GP
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Its disgusting how GP Opinions are treated on here.

Only slit-your-wrist, jump-off-a-bridge WUM opinions get spouted on here tbh.

jelgoon
Yeh our away support is good. They go up north, all bevvied up, and sing Arsene Wenger's name as we are being killed. I used to do that for years

Predictable. Van Persie scored, ManYoo won. We were 2nd best, we're just not at their level any more.

Our away support is absolutely outstanding.

Dennis Bendtner
Was actually a boring game tbh.

Yeah exactly. The ref probably expended the most energy. That's been the case with Arsenal at Old Trafford for about five seasons. The game I least look forward to on the fixture list. Everyone had the Giroud trademark resigned face on today.

Press Box Gooner
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM

rivals strengthen year on year and last year we scraped champions league football through pure luck. you would have thought that c*nt in charge would have had good reason to strengthen the team over the summer but we didnt. we are gonna pay for it this year, believe me.

couldn't agree more

Özim
Utd beat us without having to show up. Should have been a right hiding but we fluked a respectable shoreline. Wenger sees things nobody else sees, in a bad way I mean, in a way that normally gets people sectioned under the mental health act.
Pretty much anyway who thinks any different is deluded IMO :lol:

jelgoon
i think there was quite a bit between the teams in terms of defending.

Deservedly beaten by a superior team, with that said....

Not much in it. Just one mistake separating the sides.

Joker
Yeah I have no idea how anyone can say we deserved a draw :haha: Unfortunately, I can see Wenger complaining that Cleverely should have been sent off, that the 2nd goal came from a corner that shouldn't have happened, Wilshere was unlucky to go etc and completely ignoring how Man Utd were able to cruise through in 2nd gear. Some supporters seem to be of this mindset as well.

Özim
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
a draw a fair result? :lol:

they were all over us in the first half, we didn't manage a shot on goal til the 80th+ minute.

completely overpowered. it was men against boys.
Pretty much you'd have to be a clown to think we deserved a draw, they were superior in every way and deserved the win.

Marc Overmars
Podolski has been terrible over the past month.

Actually, terrible might be harsh because that implies he's done things that haven't come off. He's barely been involved at all.

jelgoon
`We had a lot of spirit up to the end. We never gave up'.

Very important goal by Cazorla at the end. Wenger can work with this scoreline for the post-match interview. Not scoring would've been a bit more difficult to sell.

Olivier's xmas twist
Only slit-your-wrist, jump-off-a-bridge WUM opinions get spouted on here tbh.

What i find funny, before the game its were gonna lose, i don't care anyway. Then now its all moaning about team selections etc. For people who don't seem to care they act diffrently.

cheesy bites

Actually, terrible might be harsh because that implies he's done things that haven't come off. He's barely been involved at all.

He's been a complete disappointment. Not saying he can't turn it around, but man I expected a lot more when we signed him.

Niall_Quinn
So easy for Utd today they could even assign Rooney to marking Arteta. They won't get an easier three points all season.

Joker

Should be played upfront, he's useless on the left.

Özim
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
What i find funny, before the game its were gonna lose, i don't care anyway. Then now its all moaning about team selections etc. For people who don't seem to care they act diffrently.
Noone gives a sh*t we knew this was going to happen we just want ******* out!

Özim
He's been a complete disappointment. Not saying he can't turn it around, but man I expected a lot more when we signed him.
Can we swap Podolski and Giroud for RVP?

Joker

Can you link to any posts where someone has said they don't care? A lot of people said they expected us to lose, not that they don't care. And this I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining about team selection.

Niall_Quinn
Pretty much anyway who thinks any different is deluded IMO :lol:

Possibly got the shoreline bit wrong but otherwise spot on by me.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Load of shit.

Its disgusting how GPs opinions are treated on here. . .

Seriously. . .the goal at the end showed that in order to get anything from a game, you need to put the ball in the opposition net. . .we played for 93 minutes as if we didnt know that pure fact

Ramsey is not a fuckin winger and Santit is not a football player. . .both need to feck off. . .I would play Arshavin, at least he wants to take on players. . .Theo. . .oh dear
at the moment we have nothing up front. . .

Olivier's xmas twist
Yeah exactly. The ref probably expended the most energy. That's been the case with Arsenal at Old Trafford for about five seasons. The game I least look forward to on the fixture list. Everyone had the Giroud trademark resigned face on today.

Don't think we have won there many times not even with the Invincibles, do its not a big shock loosing, but you just know what to expect. Pass pass from us and they score a mistake from us and another silly goal.

Niall_Quinn
Can we swap Podolski and Giroud for RVP?

No,but we can swap jack for Hargreaves if that will do you? Or joe cole maybe?

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Noone gives a sh*t we knew this was going to happen we just want ******* out!

Then why you moaning and have been all the wat through the game.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Pretty much you'd have to be a clown to think we deserved a draw, they were superior in every way and deserved the win.

its the same lot who blindly call wenger a genius before the season even starts.

how can we expect change when he is labelled a genius prior to results?

RomfordPele
03-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Poor old santi. Bet he wishes he'd stayed in sunny Malaga with some proper footballers around him.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Fergie has the formula for beating us nailed down to a tee. They've looked shaky at the back and in midfield all season but today they looked rock solid. It's not a fluke.

Joker
Then why you moaning and have been all the wat through the game.

People are annoyed at another limp, lifeless display at Old Trafford. Surely they're allowed to air their opinions?

Olivier's xmas twist
Because I want to?

I don't like seeing this shower of sh*t we see every week and I'm not about the pretend it's all Ok after we win the next game. Some people are so fickle, couple games and it's all good they think just like *******, we're miles from being good enough, we can't compete and don't even try, we have a loser of a manager who settles for losing and a board bleeding the club dry...and yet a couple wins and it's all good.....please....

But you said you don't care. Makes no sense, if you don't care about something you don't moan. so you obvioulsy do care about the result despite the face you said you were not bothered.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
People are annoyed at another limp, lifeless display at Old Trafford. Surely they're allowed to air their opinions?

Yeah but they said they knew it was going to happen anways. So why moan about it if you knew it.

Who'd be a football fan eh.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
its the same lot who blindly call wenger a genius before the season even starts.

how can we expect change when he is labelled a genius prior to results?
Totally delusional, I don't know if it's blind faith or just stupidity.

The guy's repuation is shattered IMO, he's failed to deliver season after season and every season it's the same nothing changes...yes he jumps up and down on the sidelines and waves his arms up and down in his penguin suit, but what does that actually mean when the guy won't change the losing formula at any cost?

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Because I want to?

I don't like seeing this shower of sh*t we see every week and I'm not about the pretend it's all Ok after we win the next game. Some people are so fickle, couple games and it's all good they think just like *******, we're miles from being good enough, we can't compete and don't even try, we have a loser of a manager who settles for losing and a board bleeding the club dry...and yet a couple wins and it's all good.....please....

Did we, or did we not, beat Reading in the Cock Cup? You see, there goes you're whole argument up in smoke.

Cripps_orig

Its a game that had everything

Probably the worst game that has had everything of all time

LDG
Thought we'd get murdered. If Utd hadn't been guff in front of goal we'd gave lost seven. Easy.

We are awful.

No passion. No thought. No respect for the opposition. It was almost ad if they took pity on us.

Worst Arsenal team in years. Truly dire.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Fergie has the formula for beating us nailed down to a tee. They've looked shaky at the back and in midfield all season but today they looked rock solid. It's not a fluke.
Well we use to be sh*t at the back, no we're sh*t at the back and up front...that's progress for you.

The defence hasn't improved IMO, I've seen enough games recently to tell me that, we've been horribly exposed loads of times. Fergie is clever and adapts to the opposition and tries to exploit their weaknesses unlike the bloke who's managing us.

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
even Fergason cant believe what has happened to the quality games between these two teams lol

i can tell you mate, we have sold all our quality footballers, you should know you bought one lol

Cripps_orig
03-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Our midfield is a bit shit

Arteta has never been good enough for us and its beginning to show

Cazorlas honeymoon period is over

Wilshere will need time but he never had end product before the injury.

Olivier's xmas twist
Thought we'd get murdered. If Utd hadn't been guff in front of goal we'd gave lost seven. Easy.

We are awful.

No passion. No thought. No respect for the opposition. It was almost ad if they took pity on us.

Pretty much, though the team last year lost 8-2 and they were much better.

Funny how football is.

gunnerrrrr

We are awful.

Have to agree with the last part big time.

Power n Glory
We never had a chance. That team struggled to score against weaker teams so we had no chance today. Podolski was anonymous again and really starting to piss me off. Arshavin did more down the left then he did all game. No idea why Wenger started Ramsey as well. We got more into the game and finally scored once we had proper wingers.

But before we can talk about squad selection, we need to talk about defence and Vermaelen. We were on the back foot before the game could start. Terrible defending.

Master Splinter
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
The results are sadly predictable based on team selection most of the time now. It's just madness to play a team and players who have been off-form for a while now. The injured players would give us options, but this time we had enough players to compete if the right selections had been made from kick-off. The fact that we played quite well in the second half and could somehow have drawn 2-2 at the end is all the more frustrating.

Sagna, Mertesacker, Arteta were the only players who were switched on. These players rarely let the team down. Giroud caused them some problems and could have had a hat-trick, crazily enough. Imagine what he could do with movement, urgency and a functioning team around him.

Vermaelen has been poor too many times recently. Santos on the same side as him makes him worse, but Koscielny with a run of games showed he was the better defender last season. Vermaelen should be third choice. But he's the captain. If Gibbs isn't available, then Sagna or Jenkinson have to play there. Or even Meade.

Olivier's xmas twist
Well we use to be sh*t at the back, no we're sh*t at the back and up front...that's progress for you.

The defence hasn't improved IMO, I've seen enough games recently to tell me that, we've been horribly exposed loads of times. Fergie is clever and adapts to the opposition and tries to exploit their weaknesses unlike the bloke who's managing us.

Did you read what he said, he was not talking about our defence.

Özim
But you said you don't care. Makes no sense, if you don't care about something you don't moan. so you obvioulsy do care about the result despite the face you said you were not bothered.
I'm not happy about it happening obviously, just more indifferent than before as it's expected now.

We lost I expected, just want things to change....but it seems there's still a large percentage of people who don't...it's odd to say the least.

notwist
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Best result of the season so far. We haven't been humiliated and it has no effect on our ambition to win the second league within this league.

Joker
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM

The guy's repuation is shattered IMO, he's failed to deliver season after season and every season it's the same nothing changes...yes he jumps up and down on the sidelines and waves his arms up and down in his penguin suit, but what does that actually mean when the guy won't change the losing formula at any cost?

Some fans will continue to support Wenger even if he makes us into a mid-table side, and blame our demise on referees, oil money, bad luck, greedy players etc.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Did you read what he said, he was not talking about our defence.
Yeah he was talking about Ferguson hence the bit at the end...just added the rest for effect.

cheesy bites
The results are sadly predictable based on team selection most of the time now. It's just madness to play a team and players who have been off-form for a while now. The injured players would give us options, but this time we had enough players to compete if the right selections had been made from kick-off. The fact that we played quite well in the second half and could somehow have drawn 2-2 at the end is all the more frustrating.

Sagna, Mertesacker, Arteta were the only players who were switched on. These players rarely let the team down. Giroud caused them some problems and could have had a hat-trick, crazily enough. Imagine what he could do with movement, urgency and a functioning team around him.

Vermaelen has been poor too many times recently. Santos on the same side as him makes him worse, but Koscielny with a run of games showed he was the better defender last season. Vermaelen should be third choice. But he's the captain. If Gibbs isn't available, then Sagna or Jenkinson have to play there. Or even Meade.

Agree, except for the Meade bit. I don't rate Santos at all, and Gibbs is marginally better.

Marc Overmars

I think the shape of the team is generally better (although today was not the best example) but we have some awful error prone defenders. It's not something you can legislate for.

Olivier's xmas twist
I'm not happy about it happening obviously, just more indifferent than before as it's expected now.

We lost I expected, just want things to change....but it seems there's still a large percentage of people who don't...it's odd to say the least.

Thats my point you care, why cause your a fan. Its not just you, im the same as well. We all seem to accept defeat easily because in our minds its easier to prepare for when we loose games like these.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
not one player in that team stepped out onto that pitch with the belief that they could win.

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Some fans will continue to support Wenger even if he makes us into a mid-table side, and blame our demise on referees, oil money, bad luck, greedy players etc.

have to agre about the Wenger part, it hurts us all to admit how much he has lost it

Dennis Bendtner
Don't think we have won there many times not even with the Invincibles, do its not a big shock loosing, but you just know what to expect. Pass pass from us and they score a mistake from us and another silly goal.

Wouldn't go into the invincibles as I can't be bothered. True enough, our record there is pretty poor relatively. This lifeless and resigned to defeat pile of wank is a phenomenon from about 2008. I can recall one game where we got a point, but that was a dead rubber and even more boring than today. Consistently the same irrespective of circumstance - last year only accentuated by how many they put away. Too easy too predictable and Wenger's fault.

Olivier's xmas twist

So, thats their problem. Just cause you don't, don't mean others should not, don't agree with it but its up to them.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I think the shape of the team is generally better (although today was not the best example) but we have some awful error prone defenders. It's not something you can legislate for.
At the end of the day we cherry pick these defenders, if we knew what we were doing we'd sign players who are more reliable and not so error prone.

Problem is we always look for a cheap fix to major problems in the team, this is the result of that. Sometimes you get lucky and find someone top notch, most of the time you end up with error prone cr*p.

RomfordPele
Sky baiting wenger over second Wilshere yellow. Perfect day for them.

cheesy bites
not one player in that team stepped out onto that pitch with the belief that they could win.

Nailed it. There's been this air of fear and resignation to defeat around this team for too long. You'll get some games (like the mental Reading game) where we have the balls to fight back, but too often we just accept our lot and shuffle off with a defeat.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:11 PM
So, thats their problem. Just cause you don't, don't mean others should not, don't agree with it but its up to them.
It is our problem them because as long as people don't turn against him he'll have a greater chance of staying on...and who the f*ck want that?

Olivier's xmas twist
have to agre about the Wenger part, it hurts us all to admit how much he has lost it

jelgoon
Gary Neville saying we wont win the league. Manc **** -so biased never liked us. Of course we have a massive chance of winning the league. Remember we have Diaby to come back

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM

the first step towards reality is acceptance. unfortunately too many of our fans are unwilling to accept that beloved wenger is not good enough and hasn't been for years.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Didnt you see what colour shirt RvC was wearing today? How do you factor that into your one dimensional assessment? Do you really believe we'd be up there competing if only Wenger would ring you up for the team selection and tactics? there's more to it than your crayola analysis.

LDG

Zimm. Wenger is not a shit manager. For the love of God.

He is a fucking legend, and that should never ever be doubted. He bought the club forward. And managed to keep us champs league with no money. Simple. He is bloody awesome.

BUT. He has played to many games of chance. We are fucked unless something massuve happens at the club. He is too attached to the board. Too attached to the business model. Too attached to his players. Too stubborn. Too arrogant. And too far gone to change it around.

We are utterly unable to change anything at this stinking club. I'm so gutted.

To hear those fans, singing "we love you Arsenal" for 15 mins straight. And nothing will change.

Gutted.

Olivier's xmas twist
It is our problem them because as long as people don't turn against him he'll have a greater chance of staying on...and who the f*ck want that?

Thats down to the board if he stays on, not a few fans who say Wenger Knows Best. People wanna say Wenger knows better i don't be grudge them. People wanna call him a ****, good enough for me.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
the first step towards reality is acceptance. unfortunately too many of our fans are unwilling to accept that beloved wenger is not good enough and hasn't been for years.

Is he not good enough or is he sucking the boards nuts and being their bum boy?

notwist
In the matches against United, City and Chelsea, Arsenal must adopt the approach and have the expectations of other small teams in the league, which is to hope to get lucky and nick the odd point here or there, but mainly try to come out with a bit of pride and team morale intact. That was surely achieved, so job done. We are a (self-imposed) second tier team.

Ollie the Optimist
we were shit, united were shit, the referee was shit. we gave them the two goals by being slightly shitter then they were.

Özil's Panoramic View
Nothing will change till the club is rid of Kroenke, Gazidis and PHW. Blood sucking leeches pillage the club by selling off our best players every season to secure their profits. This after investing fuck all into the club.

Wenger staying on and putting up with this shit does nothing for his image. He used to be a winner prior to the arrival of this cadre of Board members and change in ownership, so the problem can't be just him. But it seems he's made a pact with the devil (our Board of course) and has to keep silent for fear of losing his high profile job should he utter a word of being straddled with a tight, almost non-existent transfer budget, season after season.

This shit is beyond frustrating now.

Olivier's xmas twist
Gary Neville saying we wont win the league. Manc **** -so biased never liked us. Of course we have a massive chance of winning the league. Remember we have Diaby to come back

They should call him bullet he is so fast.

Joker
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Didnt you see what colour shirt RvC was wearing today? How do you factor that into your one dimensional assessment? Do you really believe we'd be up there competing if only Wenger would ring you up for the team selection and tactics? there's more to it than your crayola analysis.

That's true actually, we need the board out as well, because at the moment they share the same ideology (I've said numerous times before that I am strongly against Kroenke and his lackeys)

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
we were shit, united were shit, the referee was shit. we gave them the two goals by being slightly shitter then they were.

The game was shit. Miss the old Keane Vs Vieira Days tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Sky baiting wenger over second Wilshere yellow. Perfect day for them.

why shouldn't they?

fergie's management was excellent today. saw cleverly was close to a red and took him off immediately.

wenger - who has already driven wilshere into the ground once before - tried testing his luck again and it didn't pay off. mind you, our bench is shit so im not sure he had a choice.

but he did have a choice over the summer and he failed to strengthen.

you create your own luck.

topgun
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Because I want to?

I don't like seeing this shower of sh*t we see every week and I'm not about the pretend it's all Ok after we win the next game. Some people are so fickle, couple games and it's all good they think just like *******, we're miles from being good enough, we can't compete and don't even try, we have a loser of a manager who settles for losing and a board bleeding the club dry...and yet a couple wins and it's all good.....please....[/QUOTE]

About time it is called as it is,well said.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM
That's true actually, we need the board out as well, because at the moment they share the same ideology (I've said numerous times before that I am strongly against Kroenke and his lackeys)

Of course we do. We need the whole place fumigated and that includes at least half the losers we have on the players roster.

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
why shouldn't they?

fergie's management was excellent today. saw cleverly was close to a red and took him off immediately.

wenger - who has already driven wilshere into the ground once before - tried testing his luck again and it didn't pay off. mind you, our bench is shit so im not sure he had a choice.

he should have been off though, so should ****face. one for that tackle, was very very late, and two for the yellow he should have got for kicking ball away after the whistle.

however we needed jack today more then they needed cleverly because we were losing. he was the only one who actually tried to do things

topgun
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM

It might have something to do with us making them look that way.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't go into the invincibles as I can't be bothered. True enough, our record there is pretty poor relatively. This lifeless and resigned to defeat pile of wank is a phenomenon from about 2008. I can recall one game where we got a point, but that was a dead rubber and even more boring than today. Consistently the same irrespective of circumstance - last year only accentuated by how many they put away. Too easy too predictable and Wenger's fault.

Pretty much, used to love the old Keane vs Paddy V days, even though we may not have won aload of them games, the football, punch ups, were amazing. Though Reyes did not enjoy them.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Nailed it. There's been this air of fear and resignation to defeat around this team for too long. You'll get some games (like the mental Reading game) where we have the balls to fight back, but too often we just accept our lot and shuffle off with a defeat.

two things can change that:

1. a complete change of players
2. a complete change of manager

our turnover rate since 2008 has been extraordinarily high, in fact only 1 of our players from OT last year started today (i think).

that tells us changing players wont help.

that leaves only 1 option.

Joker
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
he should have been off though, so should ****face. one for that tackle, was very very late, and two for the yellow he should have got for kicking ball away after the whistle.

however we needed jack today more then they needed cleverly because we were losing. he was the only one who actually tried to do things

Do you really think RVC should have been sent off???! That tackle was a clear yellow, you're never going to get a red for that. And he didn't kick the ball away "after" the whistle, there was hardly any gap between the offside call and the shot.

And Cleverly was given a warning, as did Jack for his tackle on RVC. We can't complain about the referee, we deserved to lose. If we don't accept that we'll never improve.

Syn
03-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Zimm. Wenger is not a shit manager. For the love of God.

He is a fucking legend, and that should never ever be doubted. He bought the club forward. And managed to keep us champs league with no money. Simple. He is bloody awesome.

BUT. He has played to many games of chance. We are fucked unless something massuve happens at the club. He is too attached to the board. Too attached to the business model. Too attached to his players. Too stubborn. Too arrogant. And too far gone to change it around.

We are utterly unable to change anything at this stinking club. I'm so gutted.

To hear those fans, singing "we love you Arsenal" for 15 mins straight. And nothing will change.

Gutted.

He's a good manager. On the whole he does some fantastic things but also some ridiculous things - everyone knew Santos was going to get raped today. We had Jenkinson who did well at RB and Sagna could've played at LB and been much better. That was an obvious choice that would've benefited us but he doesn't see those type of things.

Wenger was a legend. Now I have lost all respect for him because he is not putting the club first. He is allowing himself to be the board's puppet. He can see the club being bled dry and he doesn't want to speak out because he's seemingly ok on his salary. You're right - we can't change anything. But Wenger can. He can do something. He chooses not to. And that is spineless.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Im sure sure he'll be off when he makes his money, its about who he sells his shares too you can bet it will be to one of his own, who will probs do the same too.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
It might have something to do with us making them look that way.

Exactly. We're a very predictable team with a style of play that is neither here nor there.

Not intelligent enough to be on the level as Barca and other continental teams and not robust enough to overcome domestic challenges either.

Dire.

RomfordPele
why shouldn't they?

I think the observation was:

a.) the relish the interviewer showed in doing it; and
b.) the palpable lack of respect they showed wenger in the process

You can say Wenger's fault for the shite he's come out with over the years, but don't think you'd ever catch a journo behave that way to red nose.

Minor point maybe, sour grapes possibly on my part - but if you're a ref making a 50/50 decision surely it's a no-brainer to swing behind the decision sky are going to endorse.

Happens time and time again. Didn't matter today, but will do over course of the season.

Olivier's xmas twist
two things can change that:

1. a complete change of players
2. a complete change of manager

our turnover rate since 2008 has been extraordinarily high, in fact only 1 of our players from OT last year started today (i think).

that tells us changing players wont help.

that leaves only 1 option.

Buy better players, then the ones we have.

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Do you really think RVC should have been sent off???! That tackle was a clear yellow, you're never going to get a red for that. And he didn't kick the ball away "after" the whistle, there was hardly any gap between the offside call and the shot.

And Cleverly was given a warning, as did Jack for his tackle on RVC. We can't complain about the referee, we deserved to lose. If we don't accept that we'll never improve.

surely a yellow card is a warning though. im not saying jack shouldnt have gone, he should, however cleverlys was a bad tackle. a final warning should be the yellow card really but if you are going to warn a player after that, at least make sure its not when it is a stonewall yellow card foul.

and yes rvc shoud have gone for two yellows. it was a long gap imo. seen players booked for less.

however i haven't blamed the defeat at all on the ref. ive just said he was shit, he was, but i also said we were shit

jelgoon
03-11-2012, 03:26 PM
He's not good enough anymore. Even if he was to be given £50million a season we wouldnt win anything. He is terrible now mentally and doesnt inspire the players at all. The difference between Wenger and Mourinho/Ferguson in terms of motivation and man-management is enormous. Wenger has been there too long - very few managers last that long and sadly those who do dont have a clue when to leave (as they feel they are invincible)
Is he not good enough or is he sucking the boards nuts and being their bum boy?

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
He's not good enough anymore. Even if he was to be given £50million a season we wouldnt win anything. He is terrible now mentally and doesnt inspire the players at all. The difference between Wenger and Mourinho/Ferguson in terms of motivation and man-management is enormous. Wenger has been there too long - very few managers last that long and sadly those who do dont have a clue when to leave (as they feel they are invincible)

But people say if he wanted to he could have brought better players who could have won us stuff, so why the moaning if he does not spend big money if he is not good enough.

I here if he wanted to he could win the league, Or he is a loser he settles for 4th.

GP
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
surely a yellow card is a warning though. im not saying jack shouldnt have gone, he should, however cleverlys was a bad tackle. a final warning should be the yellow card really but if you are going to warn a player after that, at least make sure its not when it is a stonewall yellow card foul.

and yes rvc shoud have gone for two yellows. it was a long gap imo. seen players booked for less.

however i haven't blamed the defeat at all on the ref. ive just said he was shit, he was, but i also said we were shit

Yep. Referee doesn't give cards to Cleverley or RvC, then books Arshavin for his first tackle.

Officials were shocking and cost us a point.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Dean's a **** and we knew that before today, and we all expected crummy decisions from him, not a shock. We were poor today even if the scoreline says something else.

But hey time to put that behind us and on to wednesday i guess.

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Yep. Referee doesn't give cards to Cleverley or RvC, then books Arshavin for his first tackle.

Officials were shocking and cost us a point.

i forget that they missed the offside that led to the second goal.

we were shit, we lost because of htat, however the ref didnt help. he was fucking awful. (stil we were worse)

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
The manager won't that's pretty clear.

LDG
He's a good manager. On the whole he does some fantastic things but also some ridiculous things - everyone knew Santos was going to get raped today. We had Jenkinson who did well at RB and Sagna could've played at LB and been much better. That was an obvious choice that would've benefited us but he doesn't see those type of things.

Wenger was a legend. Now I have lost all respect for him because he is not putting the club first. He is allowing himself to be the board's puppet. He can see the club being bled dry and he doesn't want to speak out because he's seemingly ok on his salary. You're right - we can't change anything. But Wenger can. He can do something. He chooses not to. And that is spineless.

Spot fucking on.

Look at the team I penciled in the match thread. Not saying I'm a football manager. Far from it. But Sagna LB and jenks RB was easy. Theo on the wing, Ramsey dropped. Easy.

Fergie? "stop them playing. Rooney, you follow Arteta all over the place. Carrick, don't give Cazorla a sniff. Congest Jack, as they have no width. We may not play well, but I'm sure we'll get a couple against that defence. Just be diciplined and your chance will come"

Wenger "we shall play our game. Do what tou do so nicely in training and enjoy yourselves"

Utter turd.

Niall_Quinn
No point analysing this game because it didn't involve us, we weren't in it. Walk in the park for Utd, they didn't get out of first gear. Should have been five or six but they were sloppy. A late and meaningless flourish from us made it look unreasonably respectable. Gulf in quality, tactics and desire between these teams. We can't be viewed as a serious football team if we let individuals like Santos wear the shirt.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I think the observation was:

a.) the relish the interviewer showed in doing it; and
b.) the palpable lack of respect they showed wenger in the process

You can say Wenger's fault for the shite he's come out with over the years, but don't think you'd ever catch a journo behave that way to red nose.

Minor point maybe, sour grapes possibly on my part - but if you're a ref making a 50/50 decision surely it's a no-brainer to swing behind the decision sky are going to endorse.

Happens time and time again. Didn't matter today, but will do over course of the season.

i suppose they've had enough of him just like everyone else.

has excuses every week, moans all the time and constantly insults people's intelligence. he's a journo's nightmare. no wonder they dont take a liking to him anymore.

when things are so bleeding obvious people like john hartson and paul walsh call you out on it then you know there's something wrong.

Olivier's xmas twist
The manager won't that's pretty clear.

Never said he would :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

i wouldn't trust wenger with a £50m transfer kitty.

thats the problem.

Cripps_orig
I remember when the head to head record between Fergie and **** was pretty close

In fact i believe **** even had more wins at one point

Fergie must be miles ahead by now

Globalgunner
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Utterly predictable result from an utterly predictable team. How the hell does Wenger think he can keep getting away with this crap. The fans have been taken for granted. The scoreline flatters us as we were absolutely woeful. why do we have to hope the team fails in order to get rid of this delusional fool. Thing is even now he could still somehow fluke a 4th place. that would mean a new contract and 7 more years.

Did you all see how Vermaelen tried to repeat his 3rd min gift to united at the start of the 2nd half,

Arsenal 3 crap keepers, 3 crap CB`s, 3 crap CMs (OK 1 crap+ 2 invisible Diaby, rosicky) how much dross can 1 team carry?

Olivier's xmas twist
No point analysing this game because it didn't involve us, we weren't in it. Walk in the park for Utd, they didn't get out of first gear. Should have been five or six but they were sloppy. A late and meaningless flourish from us made it look unreasonably respectable. Gulf in quality, tactics and desire between these teams. We can't be viewed as a serious football team if we let individuals like Santos wear the shirt.

Least Theo changed the game for us when he came on.

Joker
He didn't give a card to Cleverly after his first foul after his yellow card, and gave Wilshere the same leniency. So I don't see how we can criticise the referee for not sending Cleverly off. And did the people who think RVP should have been booked for kicking the ball away saying the same thing when he was sent off for us against Barca?

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:35 PM
i wouldn't trust wenger with a £50p transfer kitty.

thats the problem.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
He didn't give a card to Cleverly after his first foul after his yellow card, and gave Wilshere the same leniency. So I don't see how we can criticise the referee for not sending Cleverly off. And did the people who think RVP should have been booked for kicking the ball away saying the same thing when he was sent off for us against Barca?

the referee had nothing to do with the fact that ramsey was on the wing, santos was at left back and we didn't have a single shot on target til the 80th+ minute.

Özim

has excuses every week, moans all the time and constantly insults people's intelligence. he's a journo's nightmare. no wonder they dont take a liking to him anymore.

when things are so bleeding obvious people like john hartson and paul walsh call you out on it then you know there's something wrong.
Pretty much, his interviews are predictable and boring, he makes himself look like an absolute fool and yet maintains he's right.

He's brought it on himself, even his own fans have turned against him.

Ollie the Optimist

fergie insults journalists too. they ask a slightly awkward question and he bans them.

however journalists could help us but they dont, they never ask questions on why wenger didnt play this player, or make that sub, or change formation etc.
they always always ask, waht injuries do you have, and then about hte latest contract issue.

Özim
I remember when the head to head record between Fergie and **** was pretty close

In fact i believe **** even had more wins at one point

Fergie must be miles ahead by now
Pot luck has to run out at some stage I guess :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Pretty much, his interviews are predictable and boring, he makes himself look like an absolute fool and yet maintains he's right.

He's brought it on himself, even his own fans have turned against him.

The money in his bank account would suggest he don't give a rats ass :coffee:

Heck if they paid me as much as him you could call me **** whenever you wanted.

Dennis Bendtner
03-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Pretty laughable how RVP was basically treating Santos like an official mascot pre-game and at half-time. He's probably got the shirt signed and all. Good game gays!

LDG
Pot luck has to run out at some stage I guess :lol:

Leave it out.

Marc Overmars

No one really believes we didn't get a result today because of the officiating, don't take the bait. :lol:

Cripps_orig
Referee was fine

Yes he made couple of mistakes but nothing major.

Cleverley should have been sent off but was warned. He did the same with Wilshere so cant complain. Difference is they have the best manager in the world, he saw a problem and fixed it. We have an awlful one.

The offside thing before the 2nd goal, yes it was offside but the ball went for a corner afterwards therefore the offside decision is null and void. We should have done much better than to let their smallest player get a free header

The penalty was spot on as well

Dean was fine

We were shit and thats why we lost

Özim
No apparently we were robbed we should have got a draw :lol:

Like you said we didn't turn up and for that to happen in such a big game is borderline criminal, the players the manager all underprepared, lacking motivation hunger and fight.

We have a bunch of losers basically from top to bottom.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
The money in his bank account would suggest he don't give a rats ass :coffee:

Heck if they paid me as much as him you could call me **** whenever you wanted.
You're right, perhaps money is his game now, he gets his cut so who cares eh?

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
fergie insults journalists too. they ask a slightly awkward question and he bans them.

however journalists could help us but they dont, they never ask questions on why wenger didnt play this player, or make that sub, or change formation etc.
they always always ask, waht injuries do you have, and then about hte latest contract issue.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Leave it out.

Joker
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
No one really believes we didn't get a result today because of the officiating, don't take the bait. :lol:

True, it's pretty blatant WUMming :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

fergie has won 4 premier league titles, 1 champions league, 3 league cups and 4 community shields since 2005.

wenger has won nothing.

i think fergie can tell the press whatever he wants tbh.

notwist
I think people are being unrealistic if they think we can go to Old Trafford and win these days. The club's ambitions are clear. They want to finish 4th and you don't need to win at OT to achieve that. We were playing for damage limitation from the first minute. We weren't actually playing to try to win, so why on earth expect it? Time for some people to wake up and smell the coffee.

RomfordPele

I suppose my point was more about how Wenger's poor standing with the British media might affect refereeing decisions, not so much whether that reputation is justified or not.

Why give arsenal a 50/50 call when you know sky and espn (who are even worse) are going to lynch you for it.

kas
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Spot fucking on.

Look at the team I penciled in the match thread. Not saying I'm a football manager. Far from it. But Sagna LB and jenks RB was easy. Theo on the wing, Ramsey dropped. Easy.

Fergie? "stop them playing. Rooney, you follow Arteta all over the place. Carrick, don't give Cazorla a sniff. Congest Jack, as they have no width. We may not play well, but I'm sure we'll get a couple against that defence. Just be diciplined and your chance will come"

Wenger "we shall play our game. Do what tou do so nicely in training and enjoy yourselves"

Utter turd.

Am presuming in the 2nd half & extra time v Reading the reserves totally IGNORED Wengers instructions. They went for it, no pissing around with back & sideways passes & slow slow build ups. That's the only conclusion!

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
fergie has won 4 premier league titles, 1 champions league, 3 league cups and 4 community shields since 2005.

wenger has won nothing.

i think fergie can tell the press whatever he wants tbh.

no fair enough.

however if you were a journalist and you wanted to wind wenger up, surely teh best way to do it is to grill him on tatics, subs etc and watch him squirm.

they need to do that, none of this when will theo sign crap. grill him about tatics

Master Splinter
03-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Agree, except for the Meade bit. I don't rate Santos at all, and Gibbs is marginally better.

Gibbs is at least four million times better. The left side has completely crumbled since he died. Gibbs may make some poor decisions, but then so do most full-backs. Whenever he's been fit and had a run of games, Gibbs has shown he's an excellent player.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Leave it out.
It was a joke lighten up :lol:

What I will say though is I've lost complete respect for the guy with everything he's done since 2005. You can praise about get CL football and no money etc...but he's made some many mistakes, has been so rigid and at time insulting that you can't respect a guy like this.

Despite what goes on he still harps on about nonsense, I'm sorry but that's insulting people's intelligence, he's become arrogant and thinks he's untouchable, the sh*t about doing the best for the club would be ok if he practiced what he preached. He gets his cut and despite what he says in public his actions don't point to a man who cares about the fans.....hell he never seems to hear any of their concerns, he just counters with things like...2% away from domination, morally superior comments, injured players being like new signings etc etc stuff you'd be a fool to believe in basically.

Letters
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I think people are being unrealistic if they think we can go to Old Trafford and win these days. The club's ambitions are clear. They want to finish 4th and you don't need to win at OT to achieve that. We were playing for damage limitation from the first minute. We weren't actually playing to try to win, so why on earth expect it? Time for some people to wake up and smell the coffee.
Pretty much.

We sold them our captain and best player. You couldn't get a clearer admission that we don't see ourselves as credible rivals to them now.

I'm not going to wring my hands about a defeat away at Old Trafford. We're competing with teams like Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle now, not Chelsea or the Manchester clubs.

LDG
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Referee was fine

Yes he made couple of mistakes but nothing major.

Cleverley should have been sent off but was warned. He did the same with Wilshere so cant complain. Difference is they have the best manager in the world, he saw a problem and fixed it. We have an awlful one.

The offside thing before the 2nd goal, yes it was offside but the ball went for a corner afterwards therefore the offside decision is null and void. We should have done much better than to let their smallest player get a free header

The penalty was spot on as well

Dean was fine

We were shit and thats why we lost

Agreed.

(zimm and Ach in one day. Jesus.)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I suppose my point was more about how Wenger's poor standing with the British media might affect refereeing decisions, not so much whether that reputation is justified or not.

Why give arsenal a 50/50 call when you know sky and espn (who are even worse) are going to lynch you for it.

oh i agree completely. but my point is that wenger has bought it on himself. the media hated him for 'ruining the english national team and flooding england with foreigners' but at the time he was doing that we had one of the best teams england had ever seen. now when wenger takes the piss and rubs them up the wrong way he has a poor team to show for it, so they take full advantage of that.

the media are c*nts but they are just like everyone else- they support teams and have their agendas. the best way to shut them up is by winning but we dont do that. adds fuel to their fire.

Özim
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM

Then he needs to look at his actions and how it's affecting his team (if he believes that, which he clearly doesn't).

I think he's lost a lot of respect from a lot of people due to his incessant denial about what actually happens, he use to be a man who was respected and whom people felt had integrity, now he's become a bit of a joke due to the fact he's doesn't live in the real world.

Niall_Quinn

Didn't ever expect to win or even draw. The ref wasn't needed today but was there to secure a Utd win if we were in any way capable of being a threat. Would like to see us play well though. Get a few crosses in, win a few corners, a bit of pace, stretch their defence from time to time. Just an interesting and entertaining game would be okay.

topgun
i wouldn't trust wenger with a £50m transfer kitty.

thats the problem.My thoughts exactly.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
no fair enough.

however if you were a journalist and you wanted to wind wenger up, surely teh best way to do it is to grill him on tatics, subs etc and watch him squirm.

they need to do that, none of this when will theo sign crap. grill him about tatics

i dunno i think they do ask him those sort of questions, or at least they do much more than they used to. he just chooses to divert the question and talk about positive spirit, mental strength and the constant boner he has when it comes to developing players.

quite an art actually, to be able to chat so much shit yet keep the media half interested in a press conference/interview.

RomfordPele
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
oh i agree completely. but my point is that wenger has bought it on himself. the media hated him for 'ruining the english national team and flooding england with foreigners' but at the time he was doing that we had one of the best teams england had ever seen. now when wenger takes the piss and rubs them up the wrong way he has a poor team to show for it, so they take full advantage of that.

the media are c*nts but they are just like everyone else- they support teams and have their agendas. the best way to shut them up is by winning but we dont do that. adds fuel to their fire.

Yep, it's another reason why wenger is a liability now.

Power n Glory
03-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Seeing how we couldn't create much against Norwich and QPR with that team, did Wenger really think we'd do any better against Man Utd with the same set up? What's going through his head? Is he going to pick the exact same squad for Scalke away next week? What he think we'll suddenly click?

I've got no respect for him. Spineless, stubborn and stupid!

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Wenger about Vermealen "Vermealen's mistake almost killed the game. Top class defenders never do mistakes"

harsh but actually spot on and complety justified

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Wenger about Vermealen "Vermealen's mistake almost killed the game. Top class defenders never do mistakes"

Ouch...did he really say that.

Not like Wenger to openly critise his players let alone his captain.....dont think he ever said anything like that about Cesc or RVP when they were captains.

GP
03-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Time to give the armband to Arteta.

Özil's Panoramic View

Oh no! He couldn't have said that about our skipper. Just who the fuck does he think he is?

Master Splinter
Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse (http://twitter.com/howardnurse)

Since the start of last season, Arsenal have made 18 individual errors leading to a goal; more than any other side in the Premier League.

Basically every goal we concede is an individual error. It's as if it's pre-programmed.

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh no! He couldn't have said that about our skipper. Who the fuck does he think he is?

the manager passing on a message to his captain, saying buck your ideas up and start playing football properly?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Spot fucking on.

Utter turd.

thats the thing. you get in a half decent manager like klopp who would actually apply tactics based on who we play, place players in their natural positions, have a bit of common sense when it comes to certain decisions, and spend money wisely instead of trying to nurture every young player, then this team would up their anti by about 50%.

wenger is holding us back.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
the manager passing on a message to his captain, saying buck your ideas up and start playing football properly?

In that case, he should also lead by example and start managing like he has a brain. He can start by making sure Santos never goes near an Arsenal Jersey again.

Power n Glory
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
thats the thing. you get in a half decent manager like klopp who would actually apply tactics based on who we play, place players in their natural positions, have a bit of common sense when it comes to certain decisions, and spend money wisely instead of trying to nurture every young player, then this team would up their anti by about 50%.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Ouch...did he really say that.

Not like Wenger to openly critise his players let alone his captain.....dont think he ever said anything like that about Cesc or RVP when they were captains.

:haha: Expect a new captain this, week. TBF to Wenger though TV5 has been poor this season, maybe his head as turned and he wants to leave. About time Wenger told these no good for nothings whats what and if players like Theo want 100K deals then they need to do better then this.

Time to give the armband to Arteta.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Oh no! He couldn't have said that about our skipper. Just who the fuck does he think he is?

And if he did not do that you'd be saying he is too soft make up your mind.

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 04:04 PM

we moan wenger molly coddles his players and stands by them through everything.

then we moan if we comes out and says they are shit and need to be better

Özil's Panoramic View
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Why is everyone acting as thick as Wenger, it was only a little sarcasm ffs.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Why is everyone acting as thick as Wenger, it was only a little sarcasm ffs.

Sorry dude.

Syn
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM

Are you sure he said exactly that?

Because I reckon you're bullshitting again.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Your face is holding you back.

:hug:

topgun
03-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Wenger was a legend. Now I have lost all respect for him because he is not putting the club first. He is allowing himself to be the board's puppet. He can see the club being bled dry and he doesn't want to speak out because he's seemingly ok on his salary. You're right - we can't change anything. But Wenger can. He can do something. He chooses not to. And that is spineless.Maybe its time the fans did do something,its clear at this stage that this crowd will only do something if they are shocked into action,whether that is action from supporters or a disaster of a EPL season.There are too many at the top of our club in the comfort zone and as long as that remains the case nothing will change.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 04:13 PM
:haha: Expect a new captain this, week. TBF to Wenger though TV5 has been poor this season, maybe his head as turned and he wants to leave. About time Wenger told these no good for nothings whats what and if players like Theo want 100K deals then they need to do better then this.

:lol: someone forgot to tell vermaelen that he needs to actually play well in order to get that lucrative annual offer from our rival clubs whilst being our captain :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
:lol: someone forgot to tell vermaelen that he needs to actually play well in order to get that lucrative annual offer from our rival clubs whilst being our captain :haha:

:haha:

Let him remain as captain then, we can't afford to lose Jack anytime soon and I can see that's where all this captain talk is heading.

RomfordPele
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe its time the fans did do something,its clear at this stage that this crowd will only do something if they are shocked into action,whether that is action from supporters or a disaster of a EPL season.There are too many at the top of our club in the comfort zone and as long as that remains the case nothing will change.

Getting screwed by spurs in a few weeks might get the ball rolling as far as turning crowd sentiment goes.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM

Mind you with the way he played this season, No one would want him.

Wenger learing the secret to keeping players.

Wumger :haha:

selassie
03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Pretty much.

We sold them our captain and best player. You couldn't get a clearer admission that we don't see ourselves as credible rivals to them now.

I'm not going to wring my hands about a defeat away at Old Trafford. We're competing with teams like Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle now, not Chelsea or the Manchester clubs.

This.

If I'm honest the scoreline was credible, we could and should have lost by more and TBH I thought we were going to get a pasting anyway.

PL Title is way out of our reach this season and as you say our rivals are Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle and maybe Everton now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 04:31 PM

our midfield was completely overpowered today. jack, arteta, santi, all of them were brushed off the ball way too easily. no fight and grit in there.

i did call it before the transfer window shut when we didnt replace song. i said we'd play well for a few weeks and that it would gloss over the real problems of not buying a DM. well it didn't take long. teams will overpower us like united did today.

with a DM in there we would have more power, strength and fighting spirit. and more importantly, it would give arteta more dynamism to play the role he's supposed to be playing. all our midfielders are too scared to push forward because we have no proper DM to clean up behind. i see santi picking up balls from the central defenders with jack & arteta all within 10 yards of him, no wonder we cant unlock teams. there's no-one bloody up there!

Özim
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
our midfield was completely overpowered today. jack, arteta, santi, all of them were brushed off the ball way too easily. no fight and grit in there.

i did call it before the transfer window shut when we didnt replace song. i said we'd play well for a few weeks and that it would gloss over the real problems of not buying a DM. well it didn't take long. teams will overpower us like united did today.

with a DM in there we would have more power, strength and fighting spirit. and more importantly, it would give arteta more dynamism to play the role he's supposed to be playing. all our midfielders are too scared to push forward because we have no proper DM to clean up behind. i see santi picking up balls from the central defenders with jack & arteta all within 10 yards of him, no wonder we cant unlock teams. there's no-one bloody up there!
Wenger is a one trick pony these days, the midfield is basically full of supposedly creative players (oddly who don't seem to be able to create anything this season) and lacks and real fighters.

We've need a tough tackling, ball winner for a while now, Song was decent but I always felt we could do better, problem is Wenger refuses to recognise this and continues to sign the same type of player.

A good team has a good mix of different types of players, we really don't, in addition selling our best players who've basically carried us hasn't helped our cause. It's the start November now (usually a bad month) and our season is already starting to fall apart...not a good sign.

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Wenger is a one trick pony these days, the midfield is basically full of supposedly creative players (oddly who don't seem to be able to create anything this season) and lacks and real fighters.

We've need a tough tackling, ball winner for a while now, Song was decent but I always felt we could do better, problem is Wenger refuses to recognise this and continues to sign the same type of player.

A good team has a good mix of different types of players, we really don't, in addition selling our best players who've basically carried us hasn't helped our cause. It's the start November now (usually a bad month) and our season is already starting to fall apart...not a good sign.
did you see utd, within three passes they covered 50 yards and were all over us.
it took us 20 just to get into the middle third, then someone would lose it

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 04:39 PM

the gamble on diaby by not replacing song is there for all to see. relying on jack to be the saviour is proving to be costly.

LDG
03-11-2012, 05:01 PM
the gamble on diaby by not replacing song is there for all to see. relying on jack to be the saviour is proving to be costly.

Bollocks.

Midfield is fine. He played Ramsey and Pidolski as wingers. Exactly how do you create space for Jack, Tets and cazorla when you have no outlet?

The not playing Theo thing, is about contracts and money. Again, a board and manager decision to handicap the side for the sake of deluded principles and lining pockets.

It user to be about attitude and dicipline. Not it's about attutude, dicipline, money, poor tactics, and most importantly. INFERIOR PLAYERS!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Bollocks.

Midfield is fine. He played Ramsey and Pidolski as wingers. Exactly how do you create space for Jack, Tets and cazorla when you have no outlet?

The not playing Theo thing, is about contracts and money. Again, a board and manager decision to handicap the side for the sake of deluded principles and lining pockets.

It user to be about attitude and dicipline. Not it's about attutude, dicipline, money, poor tactics, and most importantly. INFERIOR PLAYERS!

Spot on LDG

Syn
03-11-2012, 05:08 PM
on the defeat…
I’m disappointed of course, because we had a lot of the ball but we were not very efficient in our final third or in their final third. You feel it was a bit [of] an illusionary domination. We had a lot of the ball but they created more chances and deserved to win the game. Part of that is down to the fact that we gave an early goal away. In a game like that, that’s a massive advantage [for Manchester United]. Then they defended well, were sharper than us in the duels and the consequence is you lose the game.

on van Persie scoring…
Honestly, that doesn’t bother me at all. That doesn’t matter. What you want is to win the game. You don’t care about who scores in their team. What is most important is that you don’t make a mistake at the back and you don’t give chances away.

on what was said if he spoke to van Persie at half time…
Nothing special.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-they-deserved-to-win-the-game-

:bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
on what was said if he spoke to van Persie at half time…
Nothing special.

im guessing, piss of you ****.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Bollocks.

jack was poor today but he shouldnt have been put in the deep end coming off a 14 month lay off. thats my point. not disputing the wingers theory because ive always maintained we need proper wingers. but im focusing on the middle of the park. i see united lose possession and their central midfielders instantly swarm like a pack of wolves to defend the edge of their area. i saw us lose the ball and we casually jogged back hoping for a lucky break. every one of them had no real desire to race back, leaving our defence wide open.

i see santi picking the ball up from mertesacker in our own half with jack and arteta standing right by him. complete isolation up top.

with proper wingers we could have had more possession but it doesnt change the fact our midfield was completely overpowered. lightweight and brushed off at every opportunity. so when you add that to the fact we had no wingers, it came as no surprise that we were shite.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 05:21 PM
15 points and 4 wins from the opening 10 games is our worst haul at this stage under Wenget.

Impressive considering the start we had last season.

Özim
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM
15 points and 4 wins from the opening 10 games is our worst haul at this stage under Wenget.

Impressive considering the start we had last season.
Wow that's quite something considering the disaster at the start of last season.

Just shows nothing changes, in 7 years he's not been able to assemble a side who could win anything under his management, it just seems that now we're just getting worse.

We've got use to us losing games with regularity these days but in the old days losses were pretty rare.

Letters
03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
BUT, we're only 2 points off the 4th place trophy spot. This time last year we were 3 points off.

Us :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow that's quite something considering the disaster at the start of last season.

Just shows nothing changes, in 7 years he's not been able to assemble a side who could win anything under his management, it just seems that now we're just getting worse.

We've got use to us losing games with regularity these days but in the old days losses were pretty rare.

Well its a diffent team so it does.

he's not been able to assemble a side who could win anything under his management, it just seems that now we're just getting worse.

Well not true, 07/08 was good enough to win the league, fell apart after the Eduardo leg break.

Year we got in the CC final that team was good enough to win the league and should have won the CC.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 06:03 PM
its gone downhill ever since that CC defeat. we used to be up there in the league only a few of points off first place come may. but since that loss we've not shown nowhere near the form title contenders should be showing. turned into top 4 contenders.

Power n Glory
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Bollocks.

Bad selection on the wing but all three midfield players were pretty poor today. They couldn't get a hold of the game.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/916873-robin-van-persie-my-respect-for-arsenal-meant-i-didnt-celebrate-goal

Classy guy. Would have been easy for him to do an Adebayor.

He's had the last laugh and fair play.

Hope we can all move on now.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Yep, he's wiped the slate clean. Took the money when he couldn't play and ran off to Utd as soon as he could. That was bad, but scoring against us and then not celebrating more than makes up for it.

jelgoon
03-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I moved on ages ago. He wanted to win things - why not? If you were one of the best footballers on the planet ( which he is by the way) would you want to stick at one club all your life that wins fuck all season after season. I wouldnt. Manure have a great chance of winning the league - Chelsea arent that good and the other Mancs have been stumbling.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/916873-robin-van-persie-my-respect-for-arsenal-meant-i-didnt-celebrate-goal

Özim
03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Yep, he's wiped the slate clean. Took the money when he couldn't play and ran off to Utd as soon as he could. That was bad, but scoring against us and then not celebrating more than makes up for it.
Why the f*ck would he stay with us exactly, you've seen what's happening at the club, I can't see why a top player would want to stay when we have nothing to offer them....we won't sign quality, won't pay, won try and win stuff and won't change. Blame the board and manager (I know you already do) because they're the reason no f*cker wants to stick around anymore.

After today it's fair to say he'll be very happy with his decision on several scores.

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Well its a diffent team so it does.

Well not true, 07/08 was good enough to win the league, fell apart after the Eduardo leg break.

Year we got in the CC final that team was good enough to win the league and should have won the CC.
Well obviously it's a different team, we sold all our best players off 2 at a time :lol:

That's pure speculation, they didn't win it so that can't be proved, in addition Eduardo was highly overrated considering the amount of goals he'd scored for us....up until Christmas he'd hardly featured.

Saying should is all very good, but they didn't which in the end means something within the setup wasn't good enough, the only thing we could have won was the CC cup a few years back, because we had the stronger team, not convinced about the rest at all.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Why the f*ck would he stay with us exactly, you've seen what's happening at the club, I can't see why a top player would want to stay when we have nothing to offer them....we won't sign quality, won't pay, won try and win stuff and won't change. Blame the board and manager (I know you already do) because they're the reason no f*cker wants to stick around anymore.

After today it's fair to say he'll be very happy with his decision on several scores.

Did he stop to consider the interest of the fans? Like fuck. So why do the fans so readily support his interests? He jumped ship to play for our hated rivals. By default he's a ****.

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM

Too true, in addition doesn't look like he's going to be a one season scuffed goal wonder.

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Did he stop to consider the interest of the fans? Like fuck. So why do the fans so readily support his interests? He jumped ship to play for our hated rivals. By default he's a ****.
No but that's not really down to him, he's looking after his career which is what players do. It's the manager and clubs job to look after the fans not the players, they're simply a product used to achieve a clubs goals.

We convinced him we weren't realistic about winning anything, which at his age probably tipped the balance no top footballer wants to end up with nothing to show for their career. He's been proved right, look at the shower of sh*t we put out and out transfer dealings.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
No but that's not really down to him, he's looking after his career which is what players do. It's the manager and clubs job to look after the fans not the players, they're simply a product used to achieve a clubs goals.

We convinced him we weren't realistic about winning anything, which at his age probably tipped the balance no top footballer wants to end up with nothing to show for their career. He's been proved right, look at the shower of sh*t we put out and out transfer dealings.

And I'm looking after my job as a fan. So he's a ****.

Syn
03-11-2012, 07:08 PM

If your wife says she wants to run off with your neighbour, do you let her go or do you bitch slap her and tell her to STFU because she's got a year left on her contract and she's your top goalscorer? If the answer is not the latter, you're more of a **** than her.

Or something.

jelgoon
03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
You havent said whether you think he should have stayed at a club where he had won one trophy and where he was unlikely to win another. Its all very well calling him a **** but he has one career and we have been shit for 8 years now. I dont blame him. Also Im sure he hated the board as much as we do.

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
And I'm looking after my job as a fan. So he's a ****.
Fair enough, I don't blame the players anymore I blame the club and manager...they're the ones that let this happen time and time again and then feed us BS about competitiveness, transfer dealings etc

If they wanted things to change they'd try and do something about it.

jelgoon
03-11-2012, 07:11 PM
I dont believe you really believe what you have said . Youre just playing devils advocate. You know very well that a top quality international player like him doesnt stay at a club forever just because he was injured previously and the club paid him. Its nonsense.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
If your wife says she wants to run off with your neighbour, do you let her go or do you bitch slap her and tell her to STFU because she's got a year left on her contract and she's your top goalscorer? If the answer is not the latter, you're more of a **** than her.

Or something.

Before or after she's made my dinner?

Lord Nelson
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Bet you feel a right c#*t now! Come on Wigan!

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Bet you feel a right c#*t now! Come on Wigan!
I bet Chelsea are pretty happy they got rid of old croaky voice, he's a rubbish manager...I was happy to see the Spuds get him (some people seemed to think he was decent and the only reason Chelsea were rubbish under him were the players not liking him)

Gervinho's Forehead
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
The 2-1 scoreline really flatters us I think. Lovely goal by Cathorla though. But seriously we have fuck all up front a midfield with no vision or real ability unless it's playing anther 3 yard pass, a defence that can't defend and one that seems to go out of it's way to give the opposition goals.

Good times.

Özim
03-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah the score did flatter us, Man U aren't that good but they were still streets ahead of us and should have had more.

Syn
03-11-2012, 07:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6y0ZpcCUAA3DlN.jpg:large

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
That's definitely a troll face on RVP.

Gervinho's Forehead
03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
please put a NSFW label before you post something like that syn, I nearly threw up in my pint!

Syn
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
:lol:

Sorry.

Grebbo
03-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Pretty happy with the 2-1. Should've been more like 5 but at least we did better than last season.

I think some fans are still stuck in 2004. This Arsenal team is no where near being successful so don't expect anything other than a defeat at old Trafford.

At least we didn't play well and lose. That's the worst feeling. I remember a few years ago we raped them one more than one occasion at OT and still lost.

Time to start fielding our strongest team in the C1 Cup.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Did anyone notice Jacks face when he shook hands with RVC? He grimaced and didn't look at him.

Woolfsnare. :bow:

Grebbo
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Podolski has been absolute gash for weeks.

He's a very unlike Wenger signing. Poor movement, no pace, nothing but a good finisher.

Syn
03-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah he'll do all that because he's a fan like us.

He got sent off because he's still just a kid who's annoyed how easily we're getting beaten. His problem is he gives a shit. But more than that, I could see him getting frustrated because he doesn't have his little burst back. His mind is going faster than his legs are able to carry him at this stage. It's a horrible feeling when you know you're capable of a lot more but aren't able to deliver.

Felt sorry for Jack today.

Kano
03-11-2012, 08:39 PM

He's a very unlike Wenger signing. Poor movement, no pace, nothing but a good finisher.
which is why its increasingly odd he never plays centrally.

Kano
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6y0ZpcCUAA3DlN.jpg:large

there's no need for that sort of thing. it's not on y'know.

Özim
03-11-2012, 08:44 PM

Got to agree, he's been very poor....he can really only play up front but the guru Wenger has decided he's a winger......a position where the game totally passes him by.

Giroud has also been cr*p to be honest, a few decent touches here and there but rubbish in front of goal, he's got a couple goals now but that seems to have made no difference to his finishing....disappointing.

Oh how we miss RVP.

Kano
03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
speaking of whom...

http://images.4chan.org/sp/src/1351951538002.gif

GP
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
that's a straight red all day long

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM

he had the last laugh you're right, but please can robin spare us this bullshit about respecting us. no one who claims to respect us releases a statement like he did to force a move away from the club.

Kano
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM
ah well, at least he loves the club...

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM

funnily enough he did the exact same against liverpool earlier in season. late challenge with excessive force

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Got to agree, he's been very poor....he can really only play up front but the guru Wenger has decided he's a winger......a position where the game totally passes him by.

Giroud has also been cr*p to be honest, a few decent touches here and there but rubbish in front of goal, he's got a couple goals now but that seems to have made no difference to his finishing....disappointing.

Oh how we miss RVP.

wenger was only following on from what other people decided. given how he has played most of his games for germany on the left win. i dont know about his league side as i didnt watch them.

you can bash wenger all you want, but not for that as others did it first

GP
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
late challenge with excessive force

Just like all them girls he raped.

lolz

Syn
03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Just like all them girls he raped.

lolz

Özim
03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
funnily enough he did the exact same against liverpool earlier in season. late challenge with excessive force
I bet it wasn't a straight red that day though :lol:

Özim
03-11-2012, 09:04 PM
wenger was only following on from what other people decided. given how he has played most of his games for germany on the left win. i dont know about his league side as i didnt watch them.

you can bash wenger all you want, but not for that as others did it first
We need goals at the end of the day and that's really what he offers,on the wing never thought he was much kop, said so in the summer in the Euros where he did nothing.

RomfordPele
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM

Ouch, its worse everytime you see it. Would have been red if he'd done it last year in an arsenal shirt.

Alpha
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Let's not be childish and blame everyone for our silly and predictable defeat . Should we blame Santos for swapping his jersey with Robin ? No . these people are human beings . They have right to some relationship . Despite changing teams they can still be very good friends . The only culprit who gifted United victory is Wenger who never get hurt from all these years of torture in the hand of Manchester . Fans are hurt , upset , humiliated but our manager seems not to care one iota .
He saw how Santos struggle in a few games but decided to keep him in the line-up even though he had some better options . Sagna could have kept his right side and Jerkinson to the left and vice-versa . Or Koscielny ( Rb) and Sagna (LB) . Or Coquelin at the right and Sagna at the left .
Walcott had a very good game against Ready and Wenger had the luxury of leaving our best finisher in the expense of Ramsey , a midfielder who is struggling to play at his natural position and play him as a winger .
All those kinds of wrong decisions can give the opposition a chance to win easily .
Another problem we have is a low confidence from our players in big games . They always panic and look like boys in front of men . We need three players with a strong mentality like Gallas . Even 3 thugs a la Joey Barton would be good for us . Otherwise , we will always be second best in big games . Which is pathetic for a team like Arsenal . Very sad indeed .

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Let's not be childish and blame everyone for our silly and predictable defeat . Should we blame Santos for swapping his jersey with Robin ? No . these people are human beings . They have right to some relationship . Despite changing teams they can still be very good friends . The only culprit who gifted United victory is Wenger who never get hurt from all these years of torture in the hand of Manchester . Fans are hurt , upset , humiliated but our manager seems not to care one iota .
He saw how Santos struggle in a few games but decided to keep him in the line-up even though he had some better options . Sagna could have kept his right side and Jerkinson to the left and vice-versa . Or Koscielny ( Rb) and Sagna (LB) . Or Coquelin at the right and Sagna at the left .
Walcott had a very good game against Ready and Wenger had the luxury of leaving our best finisher in the expense of Ramsey , a midfielder who is struggling to play at his natural position and play him as a winger .
All those kinds of wrong decisions can give the opposition a chance to win easily .
Another problem we have is a low confidence from our players in big games . They always panic and look like boys in front of men . We need three players with a strong mentality like Gallas . Even 3 thugs a la Joey Barton would be good for us . Otherwise , we will always be second best in big games . Which is pathetic for a team like Arsenal . Very sad indeed .

there is so much bullshit in there i dont know where to start.

1. snatos is a **** for swapping shirts. wait till the end of the fucking game, dont do it at half time. at half time your focus should be on how to improve and get back in the game, dont give a fuck about the opposition no matter who it is.

2. gallas has a strong mentality? yeah he showed that by crying in the centre circle during a game

3. joey barton? piss off

Dennis Bendtner
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Santos is just here for a laugh. He knows he struck lucky getting to where he is. RVP was literally taking the piss out of him. Even before kick-off their embrace was like brothers reunited. RVP can just score a goal and no one gives a fuck. Santos will get burned 20 times and fall over. Best thing we could do is kick him out of the team - he'd definitely stick around for the rest of his contract and live life.

Alpha
03-11-2012, 09:41 PM

1. snatos is a **** for swapping shirts. wait till the end of the fucking game, dont do it at half time. at half time your focus should be on how to improve and get back in the game, dont give a fuck about the opposition no matter who it is.

2. gallas has a strong mentality? yeah he showed that by crying in the centre circle during a game

3. joey barton? piss off

You must have misread what I wrote . Had we won the game , I don't think the swapping shirt would have hurt as much .
Gallas had a strong mentality and care more about winning . The so -called crying Show was only emphasized by the media .
I'm not suggesting we should sign Barton or Gallas . What I'm saying we need few players with strong mentality who can step up and take responsibility in big games .

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Better than no challenge with excessive farce, which is how we played and defended today.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM

3. joey barton? piss off

always knew you had a good post in you :lol:

cant disagree with any of that. bang fucking on.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
It was sad seeing RvC play for the enemy but not half as bad as seeing Santos play for them. And we're still paying that ****.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
why do you have to pick on the black man?

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
why do you have to pick on the black man?

He's as yellow as they come.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
disgusting how the simpsons are treated on here.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Santos is just here for a laugh. He knows he struck lucky getting to where he is. RVP was literally taking the piss out of him. Even before kick-off their embrace was like brothers reunited. RVP can just score a goal and no one gives a fuck. Santos will get burned 20 times and fall over. Best thing we could do is kick him out of the team - he'd definitely stick around for the rest of his contract and live life.

New Eboue, no question about that.

Alpha
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
What annoys me the most is not because Santos swapped his shirt with Robin's or because we lost the game . But because we tend to become an easy prey for other big teams . Anyone can bet on us losing to Chelsea or Man U and make easy money . I wonder if we still deserve the big team " status "

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
New Eboue, no question about that.

eboue was the better footballers...by far

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
eboue was the better footballers...by far

Agreed. Santos is the worst defender I have ever seen and that's not some BS Internet hyperbole. He's fucking cack. Just stands there as the game goes on around him. He's not a defender in a million years, he's a thousand times better going forward and he's pretty shit at that too.

Gervinho's Forehead
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Did anyone notice Jacks face when he shook hands with RVC? He grimaced and didn't look at him.

Woolfsnare. :bow:

Is this sort of shit real though, or just pantomime?

Jack will be gone in the summer.