PDA

View Full Version : Strip vermaelen of captaincy?

Ollie the Optimist
03-11-2012, 03:59 PM
would you strip vermealen of the captaincy now? who would you give it too?

i think its time to strip him, hes been rubbish this year, and we cant drop him because he is captain. we need someone who we know is going to play every week and actually who will be good enough to play every week. not someone who is making mistake after mistake

its time for Captain Jack.

well what harm can it do? we are pretty much shit right now, we cant get any worse

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it would be harsh but being captain makes him undroppable and he's not done anything really to warrant that status.

The decision is too big and Wenger would not touch it with a bargepole because it would take balls, something he has shown little of.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM

i think its time to strip him, hes been rubbish this year, and we cant drop him because he is captain. we need someone who we know is going to play every week and actually who will be good enough to play every week. not someone who is making mistake after mistake

well what harm can it do? we are pretty much shit right now, we cant get any worse

If Wenger has the balls to then yes. He has not been good this season. Id not give to Jack just yet. Maybe Mikel or Sagna.

Syn
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Vermaelen, Arteta, Sagna, they're all the fucking same. Means nothing but an ego-boost to anyone unless Jack gets it.

GP
Arteta should be captain.

McNamara That Ghost...
Is there any point in stripping him of it? It's probably only a signifier he's going to leave soon anyway.

gunnerrrrr
03-11-2012, 04:39 PM
give it to Santos, captaincy means fcuk all to Wenger

Kano
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Arteta should be captain.
yep.

Özim
03-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Two things (of many) that Wenger is good at is 1) Picking a captain 2) Picking goalkeepers

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Two things (of many) that Wenger is good at is 1) Picking a captain 2) Picking goalkeepers

err just vote yes or no.

Dicks and chicks
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
its time for Thomas Eisfled to step up

Özim
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Buy a captain, we haven't got one in the whole squad.

Kano
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
we also have frimpong, who can play there

Olivier's xmas twist
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM
we also have frimpong, who can Dench there

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Can't take the captaincy away now, but Sagna should have been captain anyway. TV is going to destroy our record of selling our captain every year. Sagna could have kept the run alive. Can't give it to jack because he's not leaving until next year. Can't give it to Theo because he's jumping ship in January and summer is the traditional time to lose the captain. We can only hope somebody is stupid enough to put in a bid for TV at the end if the season. Then it would make perfect sense to give it to jack.

mastermind84
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I told you all this guy was a clown this summer.

You cant strip him of captaincy, but he should be dropped.

Such a clown defender. I really wish the club sold him to Barcelona this summer when we had the chance.

Power n Glory
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Never was a fan of the decision in the first place because it makes him undroppable. Needs to sort his game out. Has been bloody awful.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
It's pretty clear that Merts is our best CB now.

Needs a good partner though.

Cheeky bid for Hummels?

jelgoon
03-11-2012, 08:02 PM
He's no more of a clown than the other options. Are you saying that Kos is any better? Did you see his performance at Reading? I think the captaincy is irrelevant anyway;makes no difference as there are no strong characters in the whole squad. Id keep the captain and change the manager.

I told you all this guy was a clown this summer.

You cant strip him of captaincy, but he should be dropped.

Such a clown defender. I really wish the club sold him to Barcelona this summer when we had the chance.

Gervinho's Forehead
03-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Right now I don't think we jhave any leaders or any players good enough to pretend to be leader to be captain, but I think Arteta should be as he's still a bit likeable.

The team spirit is shit, nay non exsistant, no one helps out another player if they're struggling or anything which is bollocks quite frankly.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
It's pretty clear that Merts is our best CB now.

Needs a good partner though.

Cheeky bid for Hummels?

Insulting bid for Titus Bramble is more our thing.

Grebbo
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
We don't need better captains.

We need better players.

Lord Nelson
03-11-2012, 11:07 PM

Didn't we just give this useless fucker a new contract? Why do we always tie down the dross and let the good players go? RIP my beloved Arsenal !

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
TV needs to accept he's an average defender and not some superhero type figure. He's not being shit on purpose, but he tries to play way above his ability. He needs to do the bog standard stuff efficiently, boot it away, get the header in. All the other stuff, the surging, ineffective runs, the mad dashing around, he needs to cut that shit out. Somebody must have told him he was a star, he needs to find whoever that was and kick their bollocks in. Then get back to being a very average defender, like 99% of the defenders in the PL. It's a massive shame he's the captain because that will just add to the idea he needs to go above and beyond the call of duty. Sagna was the obvious choice, just like Gilberto Silva was the obvious choice in his time. Wenger makes some really dumb decisions when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Alpha
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Can't see the point of this thread really . Is it another way of showing our frustration after a bitter defeat ?

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Can't see the point of this thread really . Is it another way of showing our frustration after a bitter defeat ?

Was quite a few of these threads, strip TV of captaincy, look how weak we are, four or five wind up threads. I'm here for the therapy, it's good to talk about deep anguish.

Kano
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
should we just all tool up and batter each other before the Fulham match? it's either or, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
should we just all tool up and batter each other before the Fulham match? it's either or, tbh.

I'm up for that.

Kano
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
you can take the minutes.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 12:45 AM
TV needs to accept he's an average defender and not some superhero type figure. He's not being shit on purpose, but he tries to play way above his ability. He needs to do the bog standard stuff efficiently, boot it away, get the header in. All the other stuff, the surging, ineffective runs, the mad dashing around, he needs to cut that shit out. Somebody must have told him he was a star, he needs to find whoever that was and kick their bollocks in. Then get back to being a very average defender, like 99% of the defenders in the PL. It's a massive shame he's the captain because that will just add to the idea he needs to go above and beyond the call of duty. Sagna was the obvious choice, just like Gilberto Silva was the obvious choice in his time. Wenger makes some really dumb decisions when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Nah he knows what he is doing and who the next out is. Well TV5 today went and fucked the whole thing up for Wenger and Co.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Voted no

Nothing to do with how he is as captain but if he was stripped, that would mean hes no longer in the first team which means Kos is and hes even worse

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Voted no

Nothing to do with how he is as captain but if he was stripped, that would mean hes no longer in the first team which means Kos is and hes even worse

I thought Kos and BFG do well together. TV5 makes to many mistakes rushes forward too many times, and just does not look happy playing this season.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I thought Kos and BFG do well together. TV5 makes to many mistakes rushes forward too many times, and just does not look happy playing this season.

Nah Mertemaelen was and is our best CB partnership

Kos just isnt good enough. 2 good games at the end of last season which somehow some on here constitute as a great season does not make him very good

Vermaelen is far better but he had a shocker v Mancs

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Nah Mertemaelen was and is our best CB partnership

Kos just isnt good enough. 2 good games at the end of last season which somehow some on here constitute as a great season does not make him very good

Vermaelen is far better but he had a shocker v Mancs

Yeah thats the only game he had a shocker in this season.

BOBN
05-11-2012, 03:52 PM
this bums been dead to me since the QPR game last season. I knew he was shyt before then, but that was the final straw. unforgivable performance.

shame on wenger and all the muppets in here who said he should have been captain this summer. too late to change your minds now :pal:

selassie
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
This boy really gets exposed in the BIG games, probably one of the reasons why he's had none of the big clubs looking at him.

He's been awful for a while too, really horrible performance on Saturday, was getting pulled all over the place.

Edited to add: Kolo Mark II?

Marc Overmars
05-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Belgian David Luiz.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 04:33 PM
This boy really gets exposed in the BIG games, probably one of the reasons why he's had none of the big clubs looking at him.

He's been awful for a while too, really horrible performance on Saturday, was getting pulled all over the place.

Ah come on Kolo was not that bad, well in the early days.

BOBN
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM

kolo had a few immense seasons before imploding, in vermaleans best season we conceded a record number of goals. no comparison.

the most overrated central defender in britain.

selassie
05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Ah come on Kolo was not that bad, well in the early days.

Yeah TBF Kolo was superb for a few seasons. Especially when playing alongside Sol.

Mind you a latter day Kolo was pretty reminiscent of Tommy V.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
kolo had a few immense seasons before imploding, in vermaleans best season we conceded a record number of goals. no comparison.

the most overrated central defender in britain.

:lol:

BOBN
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
yeah hands up, its always comical when somebody states the blindingly obvious.

the most overrated defender in the universe, and probably beyond.

hobson's choice
05-11-2012, 05:07 PM

He was and is. When Gallas went out during Verms first, we started conceding goals crazy.

Özim
05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Vermaelen's reputation is built on half a season where he scored a few goals, in that time he was always suspect positionally.....raiding forward like some sort of attacking midfielder on top of that.

We opted to buy who really had no kind of pedigree at all, seems more like an attacking wing back to me as he seems to like to get forward....as a CB though he's not much kop. But then the choice is him or the error prone Koscielny who's always likely to make a crucial error which leads to a goal...tough one.

Wenger never has had a clue about defending though so it's hardly a surprise.

Munchies
05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
We all know hes fucking off to Barca in the summer...

Xhaka Can’t
05-11-2012, 05:48 PM
He should not have been appointed Captain in the first place - Arteta would have been the most sensible choice.

But changing the Captain now is all academic now in the absence of a change in Manager.

Xhaka Can’t
05-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Btw, was 'NO' in caps a deliberate fiendishly clever attempt to subliminally influence the vote?

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Btw, was 'NO' in caps a deliberate fiendishly clever attempt to subliminally influence the vote?

GP
05-11-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvcl541r60U

:bow: