PDA

View Full Version : 4th Place Trophy

Letters
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I reckon so

Özim
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
It's gonna be tight but we have a decent chance, we also seems to get the rub of the green with this one.

Good to know we're competing for one of the three major trophies though.

Wenger :bow:

Niall_Quinn
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Lottery.

The shareholders will win the lottery. In terms of football, as if anyone bar the fans gives a fuck about that, if our competition collapses around us, everton, geordies, ****s, pool, Fulham, swansealona, if all of them collapse and we collapse less, if we can choke and bottle it slightly less than all those other teams, we might get eighth or ninth.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Yes, were the best of the rest and will meet our aim at the end of the season.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Top 3 is done and dusted

4th is between us, Spuds and probably Everton

History suggests we are favourites, we have finished top 4 for many years in a row, 16 years in fact, our players know how to get that 4th place trophy so should do so again

We have Wenger

Spuds and Everton are favourites

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Top 3 is done and dusted

4th is between us, Spuds and probably Everton

History suggests we are favourites, we have finished top 4 for many years in a row, 16 years in fact, our players know how to get that 4th place trophy so should do so again

We have Wenger

Spuds and Everton are favourites

Spurs have AVB.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Spurs have AVB.
And yet they are still above us

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
And yet they are still above us

Its not where you are after 10 games.

Joker
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
We always somehow manage to get 4th, so I think we'll do it again, and then we'll hear the usual BS at the end of the season about how much of an achievement this is and better than winning the League and FA Cups.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Its not where you are after 10 games.

Well it is where we are now

We all know how Arsenals season will go. What we dont know is how Spuds will go. Its the latter that will determine whether we finish 4th or not and that is how low we have gotten

Özil's Panoramic View
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
We will get 4th place without a doubt. We will manage to put together a streak of wins, possibly claiming the scalps of one or two of the big three. This will make those among us affected with amnesia, think we've turned the corner and AW is still a genius. There will be those among us though with some sense of awareness, who will see it for what it really is, just another false dawn.

The team will get back into character quickly enough though, agonisingly losing home and away games to pub teams, a few draws and the odd win every now and then.

I think that's quite enough for us to limp across the line in 4th place considering our competitiors.

Marc Overmars
04-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm sure we'll somehow manage to stumble our way into 4th.

Not something we can take for granted though as I really don't think there is much of a gap between us and Spurs anymore. I think we've got the edge over Everton and Liverpool but just like last season it's going to be a tight finish between all the contenders. We almost blew it last season after all the work we put in, we might not get so lucky this time.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 12:41 PM
We will get 4th place without a doubt. We will manage to put together a streak of wins, possibly claiming the scalps of one or two of the big three. This will make those among us affected with amnesia, think we've turned the corner and AW is still a genius. There will be those among us though with some sense of awareness, who will see it for what it really is, just another false dawn.

The team will get back into character quickly enough though, agonisingly losing home and away games to pub teams, a few draws and the odd win every now and then.

I think that's quite enough for us to limp across the line in 4th place considering our competitiors.

Well no, everyone knows the Aim is top 4 no one is stupid enough to believe that is some sort of achievement this season. people may accept it, but not believe it to be a success.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Well no, everyone knows the Aim is top 4 no one is stupid enough to believe that is some sort of achievement this season. people may accept it, but not believe it to be a success.

It has happened time and time again Charlie, where fans on here and elsewhere, start thinking we're on some path to recovery after a 7 or 8 game winning streak.

Özim
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
It has happened time and time again Charlie, where fans on here and elsewhere, start thinking we're on some path to recovery after a 7 or 8 game winning streak.
Spot on people are quick to forget it's the same every summer, "he's seen the light", "he's seen the error of his ways", "one last season" same old nonsense.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM

That was then this is now. Fans are walking out on games. No one on here has said Wenger is a genuius or they we will win the league and no one will this season, not even the optimist. People can see the team for what is it no run will change that.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Spot on people are quick to forget it's the same every summer, "he's seen the light", "he's seen the error of his ways", "one last season" same old nonsense.

No one said that on here,so not sure what your on about.

Özim
04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
No one said that on here,so not sure what your on about.
They don't say exactly that but it's along the same lines. Every summer there's excuses for his incompetence and people claiming things will change now....every f*cking summer and all this after 7 years of the same pattern...do people never learn?

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
They don't say exactly that but it's along the same lines. Every summer there's excuses for his incompetence and people claiming things will change now....every f*cking summer and all this after 7 years of the same pattern...do people never learn?

Yeah but no one has said that, thats my point. Maybe on other forums you may have heard it.

Özim
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah but no one has said that, thats my point. Maybe on other forums you may have heard it.
I wasn't quoting exact words, just highlighting the way people think when the summer comes along...all the bad is forgotten/forgiven.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-11-2012, 01:30 PM

Charlie :bow:

Will only accept word for word quotes

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I wasn't quoting exact words, just highlighting the way people think when the summer comes along...all the bad is forgotten/forgiven.

Fair enough.

Kano
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
nope, this is the season the chickens come home to roost and wenger finally fucks it up.

Boss
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes.

ManU, Citeh and Chelsea are miles ahead of everyone else, everyone at our level is garbage.

We'll finish fourth.

The Wengerbabies
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Of course this season is, and will continue to go, the same as the last 6 or 7.

fakeyank
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Charlie :bow:

Will only accept word for word quotes

:lol:

I never understand what side of the street Charlie is on... its all good though :lol:

The Wengerbabies
04-11-2012, 04:38 PM

I never understand Charlie... its all good though :lol:
:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM

I never understand what side of the street Charlie is on... its all good though :lol:

I'm on the side im always on. And thats MY SIDE.

GP
04-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Charlie is the best poster GW has ever had.