PDA

View Full Version : If Wenger left

Dennis Bendtner
05-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Whether that be his decision or a sacking (former more likely).

Would you trust the board to make a 'good' decision for his replacement? By the board you would obviously mean this mustachioed ****

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/05-04-2009/Stan-Kroenke.jpg

We all know Wenger is on a healthy salary. Would it be seen as an opportunity to cost-cut and promote from within, or sign up some mediocre middle-of-the-road guy? Would Mr Kroenke, Gazebo and the like have the footballing 'ambition' to talk to a manager with an accomplished CV?

I can completely understand why there is a significant desire for change, but would really be worried with the authority in the hands of the powers that be at Arsenal over a succession plan, particularly if Wenget was to decide one day just to give it up.

Marc Overmars
05-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd be worried Wenget would have a strong say in who they club should appoint.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Whether that be his decision or a sacking (former more likely).

Would you trust the board to make a 'good' decision for his replacement? By the board you would obviously mean this mustachioed ****

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/05-04-2009/Stan-Kroenke.jpg

We all know Wenger is on a healthy salary. Would it be seen as an opportunity to cost-cut and promote from within, or sign up some mediocre middle-of-the-road guy? Would Mr Kroenke, Gazebo and the like have the footballing 'ambition' to talk to a manager with an accomplished CV?

I can completely understand why there is a significant desire for change, but would really be worried with the authority in the hands of the powers that be at Arsenal over a succession plan, particularly if Wenget was to decide one day just to give it up.

It Depends who is in charge when he leaves tbh. If Stan is still there, then it not shock me if he and his mates picked a yes man who'd do the same.

If the club is sold to Someone with abit more ambititon then you have to think they hire someone decent. And i suppose it depends on the managers out their at the time. You don't want to pick the wrong man.

Syn
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
The board would pay enough to get a top manager in. This is the one area they wouldn't penny-pinch because a top manager is the best investment - they could keep saving on wages and transfers if they found another guy like Wenger who can keep selling the best players yet keep the club on CL revenues.

Özim
05-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd be worried Wenget would have a strong say in who they club should appoint.
That would be really bad, we need a complete change and for him to keep his mitts out for once.

Dennis Bendtner
05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
The board would pay enough to get a top manager in. This is the one area they wouldn't penny-pinch because a top manager is the best investment - they could keep saving on wages and transfers if they found another guy like Wenger who can keep selling the best players yet keep the club on CL revenues.

Fair. Which 'top' manager would sign up for that though? I would assume the Guardiolas of the world are getting £8m a year offers from everywhere where they wouldn't have the bullshit of breaking even every summer.

Power n Glory
05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Breaking the bank type managers have less job security. Whoever takes on this role would have more time to build a good squad and secure a legacy.

Syn
05-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Fair. Which 'top' manager would sign up for that though? I would assume the Guardiolas of the world are getting £8m a year offers from everywhere where they wouldn't have the bullshit of breaking even every summer.

Dunno. Many. Elsewhere they'd get more difficult bullshit of high expectations. If someone comes in, gets us 3rd and a domestic up or summat, he's a hero. If he gets us 4th with semi-final exists ala Wenger, he needs more time. Only if he fails to match Wenger (which isn't trivial) will he be badly regarded. Go to Chelsea - your reputation takes a hit if you don't win the league or CL. And besides, not everyone plan on spending decades at a club. Anyone who fancies a change for a couple of years living in central london on mega money - it's at least a sideways step as a career move.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Breaking the bank type managers have less job security. Whoever takes on this role would have more time to build a good squad and secure a legacy.

Depends if the owner at the time wants Quick success at the time. What if the russian owns the club by then and says he wants success now.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Who do you say we'd get realistically and who would you like us to get.

Kano
05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I dunno, but we need a change and I'm willing to go through whatever happens should I need to.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 08:01 PM
That would be really bad, we need a complete change and for him to keep his mitts out for once.

If that happens it says all we need to know about tptb. No manager should never have say who their replacment is.

not even Pep did that.

Niall_Quinn
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Be ready to see Avram Grant in the big chair if Wenger leaves, or some other sock puppet. Kroenke isn't going to allow the boat to be rocked when it is sailing along at such a nice clip. No manager with an ambition to compete at the top would be stupid enough to come here.

Özil's Panoramic View
05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Be ready to see Avram Grant in the big chair if Wenger leaves, or some other sock puppet. Kroenke isn't going to allow the boat to be rocked when it is sailing along at such a nice clip. No manager with an ambition to compete at the top would be stupid enough to come here.

Even if he wanted to come, his application would never be considered under this current set of vampires.

jelgoon
05-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Id be very,very happy if Wenger left. I think he has lost it big time and more-or-less anyone would be better.

Globalgunner
05-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Even if we dont get Guardiola, who would be perfect for us genetically. We can still get a good replacement. Look at inter, who would have thought the reserve manager could do so well. The athletico madrid guy Simeone. I also would be more than glad to see Roberto Martinez of Wigan. There is nothing wrong with this club that 1 change cannot start to fix. A good manager is out there, but please dont ask Gazidis to find him.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 09:50 PM

:gp:

Özim
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Sock puppets are very underrated, they keep you warm and entertain at the same time....Wenger does neither.

Özim
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Wenger went to the sock puppet bank but then realised he had no feet.
Don't forget to shut the door on your way out :getcoat:

;)

Master Splinter
05-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Wenger tried to shut the door but then realised he had no hands.

Ernesto
05-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Wenger jumping ship would be just what the stubborn mule wants. He's gutted the club from within, selling our best players to foreign and now domestic rivals, leaving our current batch disillusioned. Wenger would leave now, with a big beaming smile and a fat cheque and boast about a legacy he's left at Arsenal.

In all honesty, the next manager we appoint would be facing an uphill, major task. I look at Spurs, post-Redknapp, post-Modric, and it makes for worrying viewing. We could also be on the wrong end of stupid results in the first few months.

What we need, in actual fact (and this is just my opinion), is a manager who rouses his troops. Someone who is really able to motivate them ahead of a game. We'll probably still experience defeats at home to Chelsea and away at ManYoo, but we'd win games at home to Sunderland and away at Norwich at a canter.

jelgoon
05-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Good post.
Wenger jumping ship would be just what the stubborn mule wants. He's gutted the club from within, selling our best players to foreign and now domestic rivals, leaving our current batch disillusioned. Wenger would leave now, with a big beaming smile and a fat cheque and boast about a legacy he's left at Arsenal.

In all honesty, the next manager we appoint would be facing an uphill, major task. I look at Spurs, post-Redknapp, post-Modric, and it makes for worrying viewing. We could also be on the wrong end of stupid results in the first few months.

What we need, in actual fact (and this is just my opinion), is a manager who rouses his troops. Someone who is really able to motivate them ahead of a game. We'll probably still experience defeats at home to Chelsea and away at ManYoo, but we'd win games at home to Sunderland and away at Norwich at a canter.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 10:24 PM

Its what most of the Forum wants too. Are you saying he needs to fix the mess before he leaves?

Globalgunner
05-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I dont know if this has been seen elsewhere, but it is quite illuminating...
http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/arsenal-truth/2012/11/4/arsenals-1434m-wage-bill-exposed.html

Özil's Panoramic View
05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/arsenal-truth/2012/11/4/arsenals-1434m-wage-bill-exposed.html

Scandalous to say the least, so many over paid dross

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 10:47 PM

No way Lukas Podolski earns this much £107,000. We struggled to pay RVP over 100K.

Niall_Quinn
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
60K a week for Santos, that's unbelievable. We need to sell this bastard to Liverpool pronto.

Kano
05-11-2012, 10:57 PM
We need to sell this bastard to Liverpool panto.
not long now.

Özim
05-11-2012, 11:07 PM
not long now.
He'll go on loan indefinitely with us picking up his wages.

Özim
05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Denilson, Bendtner, Park still on our wage bill.

Add in Diaby, Rosicky, Gibbs who will probably barely if ever play and useless cr*p like Squillaci, Chamakh and Djourou who never play and it adds up to quite a lot of money.

That's ignoring some of the rest of the rubbish we have on board as well.

I totally understand why we can't find the money for the top players now, we need to keep the guys above happy, who knows what they'll do if we don't.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Denilson :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Denilson, Bendtner, Park still on our wage bill.

Add in Diaby, Rosicky, Gibbs who will probably barely if ever play and useless cr*p like Squillaci, Chamakh and Djourou who never play and it adds up to quite a lot of money.

That's ignoring some of the rest of the rubbish we have on board as well.

:gp:

I totally understand why we can't find the money for the top players now, we need to keep the guys above happy, who knows what they'll do if we don't.

Can see why Theo may be pissed though.

Özim
05-11-2012, 11:31 PM
São Paulo loan

Denílson returned to former club São Paulo on loan for the 2011–12 season after confirming he was to leave Arsenal earlier in the summer.[15][16] His No.15 squad number at Arsenal was given to new signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for the 2011–12 season.

Denílson was sent off twice in his first three matches, with the latter of the red cards coming after he swore at a referee. Denílson then received a number of angry messages through Twitter. Denílson then branded the fans who moaned about then-head coach of São Paulo Adílson Batista as 'very, very annoying'. Denílson then claimed that he did not mean his comments in a negative way. This was followed by a row which ensued to such an extent that the supporters demanded that Denílson never to play for São Paulo again.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den%C3%ADlson_Pereira_Neves

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 11:37 PM
followed by a row which ensued to such an extent that the supporters demanded that Denílson never to play for São Paulo again.

And yet he still does :haha:

Denilson :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-11-2012, 11:44 PM
those wanting guardiola need a reality check. why would he come here? yes he'll get top money but it's not like he needs money after the amount of bonus payments into his account after winning all those trophies with barca. also, didnt he spend something like £150m during his time there? he'd never get that here. he may have built a dynasty but that was 20 years in the making, even so, when push came to shove he was given serious financial backing in the transfer market. our board would never finance that even though this squad needs major investment in certain areas. we're looking to break even every transfer window so i doubt pep would risk his reputation by coming here. he could easily go to chelsea and try turning them into another barca with the backing of a rich owner.

secondly, you need someone who is going to carry on the ethos of football at this club. its no good getting a manager who has a totally different mentality and puts 11 men behind the ball because we'll be at cross roads. mcleish goes villa and implements his boring, defensive approach to an expansive squad. it crushed them. hodgson goes to liverpool and tries playing with 10 men behind the ball even though he had an expansive squad. it crushed them. we need someone who carries on our attacking, free flowing footballing brand but isnt as ignorant and stubborn as that french c*nt.

my vote is and always will be klopp. he's like a mini wenger (but better). he has turned dortmund into one of the best attacking teams in europe and all through an ethos of player development (but done properly, none of this wenget bullshit). stuck two fingers up to bayern munich even though they had mega money and dortmund are now ruling germany. they went to city and i dont think ive ever seen city on the back foot like that since they got taken over by sheikh. it was a mauling. he also spoke out the other week about how he hates the likes of city and chelsea for spending shit loads of money and that clubs should be self sustainable. he's almost identical to wenger.

will the board pick the right man? the same board who have let inefficiencies run for donkeys years and turned this football club into a laughing stock on pitch. doubt it. i reckon they'll give bould a go because its the cheap option. either that or that french c*nt will fuck things up by choosing his successor.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 11:48 PM
will the board pick the right man? the same board who have let inefficiencies run for donkeys years and turned this football club into a laughing stock on pitch. doubt it. i reckon they'll give bould a go because its the cheap option. either that or that french c*nt will fuck things up by choosing his successor.

Was thinking this too. Why pay top dollar for a new man,when you can just give the guy a payrise. Klopps a good idea but would he want to come here.

Özil's Panoramic View
05-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Disgraceful how Le Professeur is treated on here

Özil's Panoramic View
06-11-2012, 12:06 AM
not yet. but when his little project at dortmund finishes why not? he stated he would like to come england one day (i know last week he said he changed his mind but thats bollocks) and i was relieved when liverpool didnt go in for him because there were rumours they wanted him. dont think he would have gone there though, just have this feeling he's got a soft spot for us and is holding out to come here if he ever does come england. when wankger's contract expires in 2 years time klopp may feel he's taken dortmund as far as he could. step here mein fuhrer.

Sieg heil :bow:

Ernesto
06-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Its what most of the Forum wants too. Are you saying he needs to fix the mess before he leaves?

Nah, don't think so, Charles. If he was all about foresight and forward thinking, he would've seen the contract situations of Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie and Walcott two summers ago. He could've seen that this could all explode in his face in a board v player dispute, with him stuck right in the middle.

Managers have left clubs for less when it comes to player sales or acquisitions (see David o Leary leaving Leeds after Rio Ferdinand's departure, or Shevchenko's addition probably starting the chain of events that led to Mourinho leaving Chelsea)

Ernesto
06-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Nah, don't think so, Charles. If he was all about foresight and forward thinking, he would've seen the contract situations of Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie and Walcott two summers ago. He could've seen that this could all explode in his face in a board v player dispute, with him stuck right in the middle.

Managers have left clubs for less when it comes to player sales or acquisitions (see David o Leary leaving Leeds after Rio Ferdinand's departure, or Shevchenko's addition probably starting the chain of events that led to Mourinho leaving Chelsea)

Just to conclude that point, sorry. If he was so serious that he had the club's best interests at heart, we wouldn't have deadwood still on the payroll and our best players leaving with inadequate replacements.

To me, it appears as if we're going a couple of rungs down the ladder every single season. It's not a perpetual vicious circle, it's actually a downward spiral. Wenger and the board may counter such remarks by pointing at league positions every season, but we've been rather fortunate with that in recent years. If Villa had kept their cool in 2009 and Spurs hadn't had such an almighty collapse last season, we'd probably be making stupid documentaries on Channel 5 for a bit of extra revenue.

In essence, no, he's the wrong man to guide us out of this mess he's created, but trying to work out the right man isn't something we can work out just off the top of our heads...

bignev
06-11-2012, 10:00 AM

I'm not entirely convinced these figures are accurate.

I bloody hope not anyway!

Kano
06-11-2012, 10:09 AM

well basically he says throughout the comments, that these figures are estimates.

LDG
06-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Jesus.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Sorry, i just got confused with you saying he wants to leave. I thought that would be a good thing as most wanted it too.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-11-2012, 01:02 PM

No way Tommy and Poldi get that much its known they are on less.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Just to conclude that point, sorry. If he was so serious that he had the club's best interests at heart, we wouldn't have deadwood still on the payroll and our best players leaving with inadequate replacements.

To me, it appears as if we're going a couple of rungs down the ladder every single season. It's not a perpetual vicious circle, it's actually a downward spiral. Wenger and the board may counter such remarks by pointing at league positions every season, but we've been rather fortunate with that in recent years. If Villa had kept their cool in 2009 and Spurs hadn't had such an almighty collapse last season, we'd probably be making stupid documentaries on Channel 5 for a bit of extra revenue.

In essence, no, he's the wrong man to guide us out of this mess he's created, but trying to work out the right man isn't something we can work out just off the top of our heads...

what makes people think he can get us out of this mess anyway? he's cocked up in almost every department when it has come to winning trophies and squad cohesion. on top of that, the wage structure to this day is still royally fucked thanks to his deluded belief and exhaustion of a youth policy.

he doesn't deserve another chance to build another team at this club. his time has passed. we've given him ample opportunities to put it right but its only getting worse. in fact, whilst previous failings can be put down to the board, recently it has been solely wenger. his tactics, decisions and attitude has cost us in the most basic departments. we're stagnating and with every year that passes the wound cuts deeper. the squad is slowly getting worse and worse. it was 5 years without a trophy, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... when will it stop? we'll be in serious danger of compromising our future. once you fall behind the pack of wolves it's hard to catch up again.

not for the life of me can i understand why wengers chosen to turn into this stubborn, ignorant, deluded prick. he saw the adoration and love all our fans had towards him, why compromise that? does he not miss those days when we were serious title challengers and winning trophies? when we stepped onto the pitch at old trafford and fergie used to fear us? how can he enjoy the civil war thats ripping our club apart right now? the pure ecstasy that runs through you when you win the league on that final day in May, when all the pieces just fall together and your name is etched onto the trophy. fuck i miss that. how can he not?

what a shame. if you're not gonna do it properly wankger then please piss off and let someone else with fresh ideas and common sense try to do it. you're getting embarrassing now.