PDA

View Full Version : How many of our players do you think believe in Wenger's methods?

IBK
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Complete speculation, I know, But I thought it might be fun/instructive to speculate about what certain of our current first team players is thinking.

So...

Vermaelen - I reckon he is wondereing what the fuck is happening to make him go backwards so quickly - quickly becoming a Wenger sceptic
Mertesacker - will be dismayed at the un-German like set up he is now involved in
Arteta - surely must be frustrated at having to abandon a creative outlet
Ramsey - pleased at being wenger's pet - but even he must be wondering what he is supposed to be doing
Cazorla - must be regretting signing - in danger of becoming our next Arshavin
Walcott - we are all pretty sure about how he is thinking. I have no doubt at all that he feels the same as RVP; Song; Nasri etc did before him , and can see what we can all see.
Wilshere - I am sure he keeps the faith - but then I dount he thinks about much more than playing for Arsenal
Podolski - clearly starting to wonder WTF the manager is doing
Giroud - wondering wwhere he really fits in to this tippy tappy team with no service from the flanks

....what do you think?

Gervinho's Forehead
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Quickly is a good player just being played out of positions.

GP
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
....what do you think?

I think it's a really odd post.

How is Cazorla anything like a lazy gobshite like Arshavin?

Odd.

Kano
08-11-2012, 11:18 AM
whilst i blame the manager for the malaise we have fallen into, i think it is a bit of a cop out to take the blame away from the players, especially those guilty of basic mistakes not associated with any style instructed in training.

GP
08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
whilst i blame the manager for the malaise we have fallen into, i think it is a bit of a cop out to take the blame away from the players, especially those guilty of basic mistakes not associated with any style instructed in training.

Agree with this.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM

I agree with you to an extent, but the malaise and the repetition of errors pre-date the arrival of every player on the team. We have a cultural and tactical problem at the club and it is Wenger who is responsible for this.

Kano
08-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree with you to an extent, but the malaise and the repetition of errors pre-date the arrival of every player on the team. We have a cultural and tactical problem at the club and it is Wenger who is responsible for this.
i'd go with that in the main but when you see our captain passing the ball to one of the worlds best strikers and already putting us out of a very tough game, i'd struggle to associate that to training. mental focus and a determination to be ready for action should be driven by the manager so that is wenger's and the coaches fault we have too many slip ups, but there are some basics that players need to take a good look at themselves.

i mean even if you believe your manager is a knobhead who will never improve your ability, then you should be thinking about the long term damage happening to your reputation by not trying to fix some of these issues yourself. a manager takes ultimate responsibility but you do have to man up at times and realise your part in it all.

IBK
08-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I think it's a really odd post.

How is Cazorla anything like a lazy gobshite like Arshavin?

Odd.

Well suited to you, then.

..and Cazorla's like Arshavin because I can see him declining under the manager's tutelage, just like Arshavin did.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2012, 11:54 AM

You can't legislate for some of the shit happening on the pitch. The most simple passes, stupid trick plays on the edge of the box, giving up the chase, dragging the team out of shape with stupid, wild, glory runs, fucking up the cross every fucking time, passing instead of shooting, shooting instead of passing. Our forward players are making it very hard for the defence right now with their ongoing carelessness. For the money these guys get they need to be able to do the very basic stuff at least.

LDG
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM
A man who acts as a comfort blanket and doesn't distance himself from his players, is going to lose players.

It's like a school teacher. There was:

i) Mr Nice - Who had a good heart, but no balls and lost the classroom to bullies and people who threw things at him
ii) Mr Friend - Who tried to be everyones mate, had the backs of the people who wanted to learn, but lost the tearaways and bullies because they didn't feel wated
iii) Mr **** - The teacher that hated kids, was bitter at being made to do a job he didn't want to do, and took it out on the classroom. Lost the classroom, because he didn't get people tow WANT to learn
iv) Mr Boring - The painfully slow lessons, by an unenthusiastic geek, who lost the classroom because, for kids, it was worse than poking your eyes out
v) Mr Manager - The man who is able to handle everyone on an individual basis, the man who can handle a group, be sympathetic, yet stern, respected, but loved, distant, but close when needed.

Wenger is a mixture of i) to iv)

Fergie is v)

Lunatic!

Letters
08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
A man who acts as a comfort blanket and doesn't distance himself from his players, is going to lose players.

It's like a school teacher. There was:

i) Mr Nice - Who had a good heart, but no balls and lost the classroom to bullies and people who threw things at him
ii) Mr Friend - Who tried to be everyones mate, had the backs of the people who wanted to learn, but lost the tearaways and bullies because they didn't feel wated
iii) Mr **** - The teacher that hated kids, was bitter at being made to do a job he didn't want to do, and took it out on the classroom. Lost the classroom, because he didn't get people tow WANT to learn
iv) Mr Boring - The painfully slow lessons, by an unenthusiastic geek, who lost the classroom because, for kids, it was worse than poking your eyes out
v) Mr Manager - The man who is able to handle everyone on an individual basis, the man who can handle a group, be sympathetic, yet stern, respected, but loved, distant, but close when needed.

Wenger is a mixture of i) to iv)

Fergie is v)

Lunatic!
Hasn't Wenger always been like that though?

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Vermaelen - From infinity to beyond!
Mertesacker - Vorsprung durch Fucknique
Arteta - Hope Everton don't finish above us!
Ramsey - Pass and move, DOH! Pass and move, DOH! Pass and move, DOH!
Cazorla - La madre que te parió!
Walcott - I'm not getting the love, I'm not getting the money!
Wilshere - I'm bigger than this shit so will be fine come what may.
Podolski - Andre du verdammter Arschficker!
Giroud - Over here boys! Over here! Lads! Fucking hell! Lads!

LDG
08-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Hasn't Wenger always been like that though?

No, I don't think so.

Before he had an idea people believed in. Now he doesn't.

If most fans, pundits, players and even women (yes, even women) can see where he has fucked up, it shows he has clearly lost the classroom.

IBK
08-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Vermaelen - From infinity to beyond!
Mertesacker - Vorsprung durch Fucknique
Arteta - Hope Everton don't finish above us!
Ramsey - Pass and move, DOH! Pass and move, DOH! Pass and move, DOH!
Cazorla - La madre que te parió!
Walcott - I'm not getting the love, I'm not getting the money!
Wilshere - I'm bigger than this shit so will be fine come what may.
Podolski - Andre du verdammter Arschficker!
Giroud - Over here boys! Over here! Lads! Fucking hell! Lads!

Love it. La puta que te parió- best YouTube clip ever!

Letters
08-11-2012, 12:22 PM
No, I don't think so.

If most fans, pundits, players and even women (yes, even women) can see where he has fucked up, it shows he has clearly lost the classroom.
I don't think he's changed that much. Football has changed a lot though.
He came in and brought in fitness regimes in an era when most other clubs' players still went on the piss after games. Now all clubs' players have the same fitness levels
He brought in players from leagues which most other clubs barely knew about. Now all top clubs have worldwide scouting networks and continental managers who know the global game.
He started in an era where £2m could buy you a top player and you didn't have billionaire owners inflating the wages and transfer fees to obscene levels.

Football has moved on. He hasn't.

He's not a bumbling idiot . His ability to get us finishing top 4 every year shouldn't be dismissed.
But some of the things he's doing right now make your head spin and if he is losing the dressing room (I suspected he was at times last year) then he needs to go.

IBK
08-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't think he's changed that much. Football has changed a lot though.
He came in and brought in fitness regimes in an era when most other clubs' players still went on the piss after games. Now all clubs' players have the same fitness levels
He brought in players from leagues which most other clubs barely knew about. Now all top clubs have worldwide scouting networks and continental managers who know the global game.
He started in an era where £2m could buy you a top player and you didn't have billionaire owners inflating the wages and transfer fees to obscene levels.

Football has moved on. He hasn't.He's not a bumbling idiot . His ability to get us finishing top 4 every year shouldn't be dismissed.
But some of the things he's doing right now make your head spin and if he is losing the dressing room (I suspected he was at times last year) then he needs to go.

Both true. Its Wenger's inability to adapt that is killing us (relatively speaking). He's like a Finely tuned F1 car running on completely the wrong tires. Its not a surprise, given his age and the length of time he has been here. Th reason Fergie hasn't gone stale is that a) he's a hands on manager, not a process led one, and b) he has people assisting him whose input counts.

Unfortunately, we are drifting backwards, not even merely stagnating - and the fact that we are performing as we are despite not having had a disrupted start like last year suggests that 4th is now in doubt. Having said that, the fact that we are currently on the lowest points total at this stage since Wenger began shows how shite the other non-top 3 clubs are.

Alpha
08-11-2012, 12:44 PM
The last player who did not believe in Wenger has left : RVP . we can't tell who believe and who don't believe unless they make their feeling known publicly .

LDG
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
The last player who did not believe in Wenger has left : RVP . we can't tell who believe and who don't believe unless they make their feeling known publicly .

We should ask them!

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 01:04 PM
No, I don't think so.

The soon to be Mrs. LDG has changed you man.

LDG
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
The soon to be Mrs. LDG has changed you man.

In what way?

I'm not angry.

Or bitter.

Or resentful.

:angry:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Complete speculation, I know, But I thought it might be fun/instructive to speculate about what certain of our current first team players is thinking.

So...

Vermaelen - I reckon he is wondereing what the fuck is happening to make him go backwards so quickly - quickly becoming a Wenger sceptic
Mertesacker - will be dismayed at the un-German like set up he is now involved in
Arteta - surely must be frustrated at having to abandon a creative outlet
Ramsey - pleased at being wenger's pet - but even he must be wondering what he is supposed to be doing
Cazorla - must be regretting signing - in danger of becoming our next Arshavin
Walcott - we are all pretty sure about how he is thinking. I have no doubt at all that he feels the same as RVP; Song; Nasri etc did before him , and can see what we can all see.
Wilshere - I am sure he keeps the faith - but then I dount he thinks about much more than playing for Arsenal
Podolski - clearly starting to wonder WTF the manager is doing
Giroud - wondering wwhere he really fits in to this tippy tappy team with no service from the flanks

....what do you think?

Well most of them since they still do what he says. Giroud said the other day, we will continue to do what the boss tells us, cause its our way.

Players might be pissed in where they are playing, but i do think they enjoy the way we play, even if were not good at it. at the moment.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 02:21 PM

True.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 02:30 PM
In what way?

I'm not angry.

Or bitter.

Or resentful.

:angry:

R :lol: F

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Marc Overmars
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Considering the calibre of players we've lost in recent years, it's fair to assume that other players in the squad probably doubt Wenger but haven't yet built up a reputation big enough to court a move elsewhere.

Naming individuals involves too much guesswork though.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2012, 05:00 PM
it's fair to assume that other players in the squad probably doubt Wenger but haven't yet built up a reputation big enough to court a move elsewhere.

Never stopped Bendtner tbh.

Marc Overmars
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Never stopped Bendtner tbh.

Bottom of the barrel signing for Sunderland and Juve. :lol:

Özim
08-11-2012, 05:49 PM
3 at the moment Diaby, Rosicky and Gibbs.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Considering the calibre of players we've lost in recent years, it's fair to assume that other players in the squad probably doubt Wenger but haven't yet built up a reputation big enough to court a move elsewhere.

Naming individuals involves too much guesswork though.

Or they know they won't get better deals anywhere else, so they just shut up and go with it.

Marc Overmars
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Or they know they won't get better deals anywhere else, so they just shut up and go with it.

Yes, hence not having enough of a reputation to think about moving.

Ollie the Optimist
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
if they dont believe in wengers methods or ways, they should tell him in a proper way, just like any of us will do with our managers etc etc

however, even if they think they are wrong, it does not mean they have an excuse not to put effort in implenting his beliefs in training or the pitch, because at the end of the day they are paid to do a job and implement hte mangers instructions

IBK
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
if they dont believe in wengers methods or ways, they should tell him in a proper way, just like any of us will do with our managers etc etc

however, even if they think they are wrong, it does not mean they have an excuse not to put effort in implenting his beliefs in training or the pitch, because at the end of the day they are paid to do a job and implement hte mangers instructions

Interesting point. My take is that noone will speak up, because if they do, its Walcott time. The manager is famous for tolerating no questioning of his methods. Hence what at other clubs might amount to constructive criticism that benefits the team, at Arsenal it results in the departure of the player, and his replacement with one either too green; too untalented or too lacking in character to voice an opinion.