Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 04:55 PM
How was it for those brave enough to tune in or better yet attend

Shite.

Arsenal Fan
10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
fuck sake

how can we concede THREE at home?

Arteta's pen wasn't a bad one to be honest, I love the guy and can't be mad at him. Just annoyed he didn't slot it in for a lucky win....gahhhhhhhhh fuck Arsenal!

Maestro
.....again, feels like a defeat with the missed pel

Niall_Quinn
Didn't watch it. But we were shit.

Özim
A sh*t result in a season of sh*t results, as we bottle it again when we're gifted the chance to win it.

Giroud should have taken the penalty, instead he bottled it and let Arteta take it, what kind of striker does that when they're on a hattrick?

fakeyank
RVC wouldve scored that pel :(

McNamara That Ghost...
Fuck.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
RVC wouldve scored that pel :(

We're better off without him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
why the fuck is our defensive midfielder stepping up to take a penalty?

we have a striker on the pitch for a bloody reason.

is arteta the new denilson? just constant sideways passes

and to the brave souls on here who said 'we don't need to replace song we should give coquelin a run in the team' :haha: i wont name them but they know who they are. song may be rash and clumsy but i can tell you one thing, we'd have more creativity with him on the pitch. it's all too samey at the moment, no defence splitting passes.

is there any point in santos at this football club? he's 100% fit but we decide to play a centre back at left back when gibbs is injured. surely that suggests he's completely surplus to requirements? eating away our wage bill. great signing wenger.

average team. average players. average manager.

just completely average without van persie. sold for footballing reasons i hear them say. well wenger and gazidis deserve the sack for the same reason.

Özim
Can't describe just how much of a bag o' shite this team and manager is.

gunnerrrrr
10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Theo is turning into an immense threat, his pace and directness must scare even the best left backs of this world...i will be sorry to see him leave this January for footballing reasons.

Carzola, either we have been conned or he needs a break, probably the latter.

Giroud is sexy as fcuk.

Our defence and defending is getting worse, didnt think that was possible, but Arsene knows.

Niall_Quinn
16 points from 11 matches is it? Lots of money but fuck all else.

Ollie the Optimist
well one good thing happened today, we got our first penalty at home for 18 months (in the league)

Joker
10-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Good performance, not much separating the two sides, just a mistake with the missed penalty at the end otherwise we would have got a deserved victory. Arteta was immense throughout, Walcott was abysmal, no way does he deserve a new contract, if we keep playing like this we'll do well in the league, believe in Wenger, etc etc.

Özim

Just like the manager he's a coward and a bottler......none of our players have anything about them...when the going gets tough they go missing....a common theme in recent years!

RomfordPele
Flogged my ticket for today. Glad.

Shit board, shit team, shit manager.

gunnerrrrr
good game between two mid table teams

Marc Overmars
Is Cazorla under warranty?

Send him back.

Fraud of a player.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Giroud :bow:.

Shame he was playing with idiots.

Arteta had his worst game, possibly ever. Mannone, Vermaelen and Cazorla looked awful too.

Andy Garcia :bow:. Fulham are a good team. Hope they do well.

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM

is arteta the new denilson? just constant sideways passes

and to the brave souls on here who said 'we don't need to replace song we should give coquelin a run in the team' :haha: i wont name them but they know who they are. song may be rash and clumsy but i can tell you one thing, we'd have more creativity with him on the pitch. it's all too samey at the moment, no defence splitting passes.

is there any point in santos at this football club? he's 100% fit but we decide to play a centre back at left back when gibbs is injured. surely that suggests he's completely surplus to requirements? eating away our wage bill. great signing wenger.

average team. average players. average manager.

just completely average without van persie. sold for footballing reasons i hear them say. well wenger and gazidis deserve the sack for the same reason.

i agree with everything you just said except the bold part. please dont go there, last week, people were syaing that wenger should be sacked for playing santos and we should play tv5 there, now we are saying we hsould play our fit left back. we moan when he plays, we moan when he doesnt

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Just like the manager he's a coward and a bottler......none of our players have anything about them...when the going gets tough they go missing....a common theme in recent years!

a genius apparently. i tell you one thing, he's a genius in fucking everything up.

Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Little old Arsenal can't compete with the resources a club like Fulham have.

Özim
a genius apparently. i tell you one thing, he's a genius in fucking everything up.
Anyone who thinks he's a genius is brain dead.

Joker
Theo is turning into an immense threat, his pace and directness must scare even the best left backs of this world...i will be sorry to see him leave this January for footballing reasons.

Giroud is sexy as fcuk.

Our defence and defending is getting worse, didnt think that was possible, but Arsene knows.

Walcott's crossing has improved so much. Of course there are some on this board who will go out to ignore all the good work that he does and only focus on his weaknesses (which he still needs to work on). Sure, he has flaws in his game, but are we saying everyone else in the squad is perfect? There is so much mediocrity in our squad these days, at least Walcott is capable of some explosive moments of quality.

Özim
Football is just so unfair, the can sign players like Berbatov......how are we suppose to compete?

Ollie the Optimist

doesnt wenger decide who takes the penalties etc before the game? so doesnt matter what happens, if we get a penalty, its already decided who is going to take it?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
i agree with everything you just said except the bold part. please dont go there, last week, people were syaing that wenger should be sacked for playing santos and we should play tv5 there, now we are saying we hsould play our fit left back. we moan when he plays, we moan when he doesnt

no you've got the wrong end of the stick. im having a go at santos not wenger. im very happy we played vermaelen there but it pretty much makes santos redundant.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Walcott is pretty much our best player these days, it's just a shame he's started performing regularly a few months before he makes his way to another club.

Maybe that's what happens though when players are in the shop window.

Ollie the Optimist
no you've got the wrong end of the stick. im having a go at santos not wenger. im very happy we played vermaelen there but it pretty much makes santos redundant.

sorry, read it the other way :good:

jelgoon
Arsene does know. When someone asked him last week if he was worried about the defence, he said he wasnt. In fact he said we dont need to worry about the defence at all as we have the best defensive record in the league. Well Mr Fuckwit Shit Massively- Overpaid Arrogant Manager, we dont have the best defence in the league anymore so fuck off and let Bould teach the team how to defend. Oh and by the way I have now heard from two people in the know that Wenger and Bould dont get on well as Wenger refuses to let Bould teach them anything. And the sources are good ones

Giroud is sexy as fcuk.

Joker
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
The way teams like Fulham can these days come to our ground and actually attack and look our equal shows how far we've declined. Sad thing is, a lot of people still can't see it, and think we'll turn the corner if Diaby/Wilshere/Rosicky/Gibbs etc return.

Marc Overmars
So I guess we'll be going into another NLD with a feeling of anitpathy.

Lets hope these wasters can do what they did last season.

Özim
doesnt wenger decide who takes the penalties etc before the game? so doesnt matter what happens, if we get a penalty, its already decided who is going to take it?
Players with character decide who takes it and at the end of the day a striker should take them as it's their job to score, that's unless you have a regular taker with a proven record...which we don't.

gooners
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM

:gp:

they are destroying the game, i tells you!

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
We're so shit now i dont think they will let him go ie they will probably bung him another 20grand a week to keep him. That way Wenger keeps his job, Kroenke makes billions out of the club and we carry on not winning anything for years to come

Walcott is pretty much our best player these days, it's just a shame he's started performing regularly a few months before he makes his way to another club.

Maybe that's what happens though when players are in the shop window.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
why are we playing with 1 striker at home? we used to laugh at dalglish for doing it and we laugh at AVB for it but our own manager is doing the same thing.

we have podolski and walcott, 2 players who have openly admitted they want to play there, but we persist on playing with 1 up top. the game was crying out for a switch to 4-4-2.

how can people deny a change of manager won't make us better? our tactics are holding us back, isnt that obvious?

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Or Norwich who are a huge club - we couldnt hope to get anything there.

they are destroying the game, i tells you!

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Players with character decide who takes it and at the end of the day a striker should take them as it's their job to score, that's unless you have a regular taker with a proven record...which we don't.

we dont have a regular taker because in reality we actually dont get penalties. 18 months since our last one at home in the league, we have no idea who is good at them and who isnt.

thats another point however, i think its stupid to moan about giroud not having bottle when today he was our best player, he scored two goals ffs, and people have been slagging him off for not scoring, so he scores two and plays really well so we slag him off instead.

we cant argue about it because we dont know, arteta could have said back off its mine today, in which case how can you blame giroud? arteta has been a great player for us since we signed him and always leads so why shouldnt he take it? he has character. lampard always takes chelsea penalties, yet i never heard you say drogba was weak and didnt have character?

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
why are we playing with 1 striker at home? we used to laugh at dalglish for doing it and we laugh at AVB for it but our own manager is doing the same thing.

we have podolski and walcott, 2 players who have openly admitted they want to play there, but we persist on playing with 1 up top. the game was crying out for a switch to 4-4-2.

how can people deny a change of manager won't make us better? our tactics are holding us back, isnt that obvious?

It's that old fart PHW's fault for not getting the best out of these players. :angry:

jelgoon
I dont actually agree with that. Loads of penalty takers are midfielders and have been traditionally.

Özim

I don't care what anyone says, I think he's a sh*t manager these days.......he's becoming worse by the season, at a smaller club with less resources like Fulham he'd be getting them relegated.

Dicks and chicks
west brom are 4 points above us.

Arsenal :rose:

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Players with character? that means we cant take them at all then
[
QUOTE=ItsMe;217563]Players with character decide who takes it and at the end of the day a striker should take them as it's their job to score, that's unless you have a regular taker with a proven record...which we don't.[/QUOTE]

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Giroud was on for a hat-trick when he passed up that pen? Fucking hell. We are fucked.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
we dont have a regular taker because in reality we actually dont get penalties. 18 months since our last one at home in the league, we have no idea who is good at them and who isnt.

thats another point however, i think its stupid to moan about giroud not having bottle when today he was our best player, he scored two goals ffs, and people have been slagging him off for not scoring, so he scores two and plays really well so we slag him off instead.

we cant argue about it because we dont know, arteta could have said back off its mine today, in which case how can you blame giroud? arteta has been a great player for us since we signed him and always leads so why shouldnt he take it? he has character. lampard always takes chelsea penalties, yet i never heard you say drogba was weak and didnt have character?
Every team should have a penalty take (not Aterta who not only never scores but has no history of taking any).

How can I say he has no bottle? Simple he's on a hattrick with a chance to get a 3rd and seal it and he bottles it and lets someone else take it......not striker with anything about them would do that.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Giroud was on for a hat-trick when he passed up that pen? Fucking hell. We are fucked.
Exactly, you've got to be a real coward to pass up the opportunity of a hattrick because there's a bit of pressure.

Another bottled job.

Sh*t penalty by Arteta but he's not a striker at the end of the day, at least he had the guts to come forward and take it.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Every team should have a penalty take (not Aterta who not only never scores but has no history of taking any).

He scored against QPR. He was Everton's main penalty taker.

Özil's Panoramic View
*sighs*

Baffling series of events; most of all the decision for one of the worst players from the Spanish golden era, to step up and take such a crucial penalty when our lead striker was on a hat-tirick.

Giroud, what a pussy.

Ollie the Optimist

How can I say he has no bottle? Simple he's on a hattrick with a chance to get a 3rd and seal it and he bottles it and lets someone else take it......not striker with anything about them would do that.

yes he's one a hatrick but hwat im saying is, what happens if vermealen as captain said to him, mikel is taking it, or mikel said it, they are in positions of authority over giroud as they are captain and vice captain and he cant argue with them. if it comes out that he bottled it then fine, you are right, but for now we dont know.

btw arteta does score a few goals for us, but dont worry about that.

Marc Overmars
Exactly, you've got to be a real coward to pass up the opportunity of a hattrick because there's a bit of pressure.

Another bottled job.

Sh*t penalty by Arteta but he's not a striker at the end of the day, at least he had the guts to come forward and take it.

Agreed.

Undone all the good he did in the game. Utter failure of a human being, Wenger seems to churn out a lot of those now.

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe hes got a bad record when he's taken them in the past. Penalties are a mental thing. No point in someone taking them if they think they are going to miss. You need a psycho who has no nerves Peter Storey was the best - he used to stare at the goalies with those mad dark eyes and they would shit themelves.

Dennis Bendtner
Yeah, let's not jabber on about the penalty eh? Sometimes they miss. It happens. Giroo missed in the COC with his confidence up after scoring his first goal. The spectacular fail of Arsenal's defence is once more the key. We've got form for scoring with 98th minute penalties and still drawing, remember.

RomfordPele
I genuinely think we're only a couple of seasons away from becoming relegation candidates.

You can't sell your best players systematically, year on year, without some pretty dire consequences.

Thumping defeat next week, Walcott off in January and we are in full scale meltdown.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Rosicky v Sunderland part 2 :bow:.

Arsenal :lol:.

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Exactly

Yeah, let's not jabber on about the penalty eh? Sometimes they miss. It happens. Giroo missed in the COC with his confidence up after scoring his first goal. The spectacular fail of Arsenal's defence is once more the key. We've got form for scoring with 98th minute penalties and still drawing, remember.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 05:18 PM
We've got form for scoring with 98th minute penalties and still drawing, remember.

:lol:

:haha:

:crying:

Özil's Panoramic View
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Something is very wrong with our marking system, and until we address it, we'll continue to prove just how misleading stats can be.

Globalgunner
This game typifies everything that is wrong with this current Arsenal. Not only are they not that good technically, have no bottle, cannot defend and are wasteful in front of goal. They cannot even take advantage of good fortune. I was about to post in the match thread that Phil Dowd (big bellied tosser)is kryptonite to Arsenal`s superman. However he wasnt the issue today. We were abysmal as usual. Fulham played very well, we were given an underserved penalty and choked it. Following tis clb is sheer agony at the moment. It is hard to wish them well with the muppet in charge. Onward to the NLD. i am prepared to see the worst happening before things get any better.

Özim
He scored against QPR. He was Everton's main penalty taker.
He also use to be a playmaker, since he moved to us he seems to have forgotten how to play attacking football.

Bad choice to take penalties, should have be the guy on a hattrick without question....and if he had bottle it would have been.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM

This is true.

Another 2 goal lead blown and the penalty would only have papered over the cracks had it been scored. We just haven't made any progress at all, I don't understand what is going on and how we always seem to end up back to square one. I don't even think we're any better than our 4th place rivals, it's just down to who's going to fuck up the least.

Joker
The biggest worry is that Fulham looked at least as good as us technically.

Niall_Quinn
yes he's one a hatrick but hwat im saying is, what happens if vermealen as captain said to him, mikel is taking it, or mikel said it, they are in positions of authority over giroud as they are captain and vice captain and he cant argue with them. if it comes out that he bottled it then fine, you are right, but for now we dont know.

But the point is, a hat trick today to win a vital game and suddenly Giroud has arrived. All the settling-in BS is gone and he's made a mark. He had to take it today - it was one of those moments you simply cannot pass up. It just makes no sense. Everything we do is so shit, both on and off the field. It's like a fucking looney bin where absolutely everything is perfectly retarded.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
I don't care what anyone says, I think he's a sh*t manager these days.......he's becoming worse by the season, at a smaller club with less resources like Fulham he'd be getting them relegated.

no he should stay. he'll turn it around in 13 years time because we won the league nearly a decade ago.

oh and he flaps his arms on the touchline

:letters:

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM

Like I said though, strong players with character would pick up the ball and tell others they're taking them, when it comes to penalties is someone really wants to take it noone will argue.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM
But the point is, a hat trick today to win a vital game and suddenly Giroud has arrived. All the settling-in BS is gone and he's made a mark. He had to take it today - it was one of those moments you simply cannot pass up. It just makes no sense. Everything we do is so shit, both on and off the field. It's like a fucking looney bin where absolutely everything is perfectly retarded.
Totally agree, two goals, full of confidence and he passes up the chance.

Imagine what would happen if we ever had a penalty shoot out, he'd let the goalie take one before he had to!

Ollie the Optimist
Like I said though, strong players with character would pick up the ball and tell others they're taking them, when it comes to penalties is someone really wants to take it noone will argue.

and what happens if arteta did that himself? which he could have done to make up for giving away the penalty to fulham. you are using a pointless argument to slate giroud when you don't know the facts of what happened and ignoring the chance that what you said giroud should do was done by arteta himself

Özil's Panoramic View
I genuinely think we're only a couple of seasons away from becoming relegation candidates.

Ban-able utterance

Lowest form of pessimism I've seen on here tbh

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 05:24 PM
He also use to be a playmaker, since he moved to us he seems to have forgotten how to play attacking football.

Well he did set up a goal today as well. Arteta had a bad game, but has been generally good in a more disciplined role for us. For the position he plays for us, his goal/assist return is more than fine. It's the heat of the moment, but it shouldn't mean facts and perspective go out of the window.

Bad choice to take penalties, should have be the guy on a hattrick without question....and if he had bottle it would have been.

Well, yes, of course.

Özim
Maybe hes got a bad record when he's taken them in the past. Penalties are a mental thing. No point in someone taking them if they think they are going to miss. You need a psycho who has no nerves Peter Storey was the best - he used to stare at the goalies with those mad dark eyes and they would shit themelves.
Got to disagree, if you're a decent striker you believe you can score and will want to take it.

A strikers job is to score goals, if he doesn't step up to do his job from 6 yards when he's having a good game it's doesn't bode well.

Kano
hold on, our dodgy defence once again costs us the points and the first and main talking point is about a player that scored two vital goals for us? if all you can see as a fan is complete and utter negativity then there is no point watching. why would you? the issue of him taking a penalty is on the list of concerns but nowhere near the top.

why were we even in that position in the first place, because of giroud? we lose a two nil lead because of our striker? why analyse a game back to front?

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:25 PM
and what happens if arteta did that himself? which he could have done to make up for giving away the penalty to fulham. you are using a pointless argument to slate giroud when you don't know the facts of what happened and ignoring the chance that what you said giroud should do was done by arteta himself
I doubt that, but either way the striker would take it as he's best qualified in terms of his skill set.

RomfordPele
10-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Do you not think wenger has already mandated who takes the penalty? He seems to micro manage everything else.

Think casting aspersions on giroud for this might be hasty. It was probably manager's orders, to be obeyed at all costs.

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I doubt that, but either way the striker would take it as he's best qualified in terms of his skill set.

right so you agree then that drogba was a bottler because lampard always took the penalties then

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
hold on, our dodgy defence once again costs us the points and the first and main talking point is about a player that scored two vital goals for us? if all you can see as a fan is complete and utter negativity then there is no point watching. why would you? the issue of him taking a penalty is on the list of concerns but nowhere near the top.

why were we even in that position in the first place, because of giroud? we lose a two nil lead because of our striker?
Defence is sh*t everyone knows that, it has been for years and will always be under Wenger.....nothing we can do about that.

But to pass up a chance to win the game when on a hattrick, that's another kick in the face.

Joker
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

16 - This is Arsenal's worst start to a league season since 1982-83 when they had only 14 points after 11 games. Unprofitable.

Özim
right so you agree then that drogba was a bottler because lampard always took the penalties then
Lampard scores a hatful of goals in open play, he's not far off being a striker....he's also got a proven record.

Totally different scenario.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Do you not think wenger has already mandated who takes the penalty? He seems to micro manage everything else.

Think casting aspersions on giroud for this might be hasty. It was probably manager's orders, to be obeyed at all costs.

agreed

cesc confirmed it i swear? its all preplanned.

strikers should always always take a pen. i mean they're whole game is based on scoring from inside the box ffs.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:28 PM

Arteta would IMO, be a odd decision if he has.

Podolski would be the obvious choice (of course he was off in this case).

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Lampard scores a hatful of goals in open play, he's not far off being a striker....he's also got a proven record.

no its not a different scenario. you said strikers are paid to score goals, and scoring from 12 yards is their skill set. yet now you say because lampard score some himself, he can take penalties ebcause he could be a striker. hes a midfielder, drogba a striker, yet midfielder took penalties. you have just shifted the goal posts to suit your arguement giroud is a bottler

Niall_Quinn

I'm not slating Giroud or Arteta as such. I'm saying we don't seem to have any appreciation of the potentially big moments in a game any more, we don't know how to take advantage, sense turning points, grab those precious few crumbs when they come along. The whole club has no football soul. Everyone on that pitch should have immediately sensed it was a potentially huge moment for the new striker that we are going to need to rely on through the coming months. It wasn't that we failed, the problem is we didn't even try. I didn't see the game, conceding 3 at home means we must have been shit at the back. Scoring 3 must mean we weren't as hopeless as usual in attack. But whole seasons can turn on a few moments, this seems like one of them and it seems like another self inflicted wound. If the board isn't killing us with greed or the manager killing us with his bizarre decision making it's the players killing us with their lack of heart and brains on the pitch. It's a fuck up from top to bottom.

jelgoon
I think youre just wrong - as I said, plenty of midfielders take penalties. Im sure I saw Arteta score some for Everton.

Kano
Defence is sh*t everyone knows that, it has been for years and will always be under Wenger.....nothing we can do about that.

But to pass up a chance to win the game when on a hattrick, that's another kick in the face.
oh that's alright then. defence is shit, so our target should be to have players that can score 4/5 a game. what are you talking about you madman. if the team (including midfield) hadn't of dropped our two goal lead again, giroud wouldn't even be mentioned apart from his two goals.

but you jump onto a guy who without, we wouldn't even have a point. that's your main concern, seriously?

Dennis Bendtner
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
This is true.

Another 2 goal lead blown and the penalty would only have papered over the cracks had it been scored. We just haven't made any progress at all, I don't understand what is going on and how we always seem to end up back to square one. I don't even think we're any better than our 4th place rivals, it's just down to who's going to fuck up the least.

Well exactly. Scaling 90 minutes of on-and-off lunacy down to one kick at the end and going on about it is just lame. Sometimes you score penalties, sometimes you don't. It's not a lottery but it's hardly a sure-shot goal? What the game does highlight is how those saying a point at Schalke was a good result, in spite of it exhibiting the same frailty that was showcased again in the next game. Conceding two-goal leads shouldn't be the norm!

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
no its not a different scenario. you said strikers are paid to score goals, and scoring from 12 yards is their skill set. yet now you say because lampard score some himself, he can take penalties ebcause he could be a striker. hes a midfielder, drogba a striker, yet midfielder took penalties. you have just shifted the goal posts to suit your arguement giroud is a bottler
Er...yes it is....how many goals has Lampard scored? He's practically a striker.

I don't think strikers should take them, however if you have a player who scores goals from open play and has a proven record of scoring penalties that's ok as well.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
oh that's alright then. defence is shit, so our target should be to have players that can score 4/5 a game. what are you talking about you madman. if the team (including midfield) hadn't of dropped our two goal lead again, giroud wouldn't even be mentioned apart from his two goals.

but you jump onto a guy who without, we wouldn't even have a point. that's your main concern, seriously?
My main concern is the clown at the helm, make no mistake.

I also think most of the players he's bought are sh*t.

Marc Overmars
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

16 - This is Arsenal's worst start to a league season since 1982-83 when they had only 14 points after 11 games. Unprofitable.

Very impressive considering the start we had last year.

Just when you think we can't sink any lower, we do.

Ollie the Optimist
Er...yes it is....how many goals has Lampard scored? He's practically a striker.

I don't think strikers should take them, however if you have a player who scores goals from open play and has a proven record of scoring penalties that's ok as well.

so why the fuck are you aruging giroud is a bottle then?

Özil's Panoramic View
People just couldn't resist finding a way to throw a jab at AW, right?

GW posters :bow:

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I think youre just wrong - as I said, plenty of midfielders take penalties. Im sure I saw Arteta score some for Everton.
True but generally they score goals from open play. They also usually have bottle....don't think we have any players with bottle and thus a striker should take them.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
so why the fuck are you aruging giroud is a bottle then?
That was suppose to say I do not don't.

Kano
My main concern is the clown at the helm, make no mistake.

I also think most of the players he's bought are sh*t.
so let's talk about the man who scored two goals to keep us in the game, rather than the lack of organisation in our defence again. that makes sense.

Dennis Bendtner
Something is very wrong with our marking system, and until we address it, we'll continue to prove just how misleading stats can be.

There is nothing wrong with the marking system. It's the players carrying it out. I think today it was Sagna with the error for the first.

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
AN Everton mate of mine just said that Arteta used to take them for EVerton. So there's not much to discuss here then.We wanted to win the game and Arteta persumably has taken more than Giroud. End of discussion

Özim

He's a sh*t manager at the end of the day, it's his team with is players. He's been trying to rebuild for 7 years and it's noone else's fault the defenders can't defend, the team has no leaders and no bottle and we are where we are.

Power n Glory

why were we even in that position in the first place, because of giroud? we lose a two nil lead because of our striker? why analyse a game back to front?

Exactly. It was the same last week with the Schalke game. Instead of talking about throwing away a lead, we're talking about Walcott's last chance on goal.

The last minute goals can't disguise the fact that we're terrible at defending and that needs sorting out. That's the main issue we have right now.

Niall_Quinn
so let's talk about the man who scored two goals to keep us in the game, rather than the lack of organisation in our defence again. that makes sense.

Do we still even bother debating the shit defence? It's just a given isn't it? Years of watching the same crap and nothing is done about it.

RomfordPele
10-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Err, we just shipped three goals at home after wenger said we shouldn't worry about our defence.

Think there are plenty of reasons to jab wenger tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM

tbf i can see where he's coming from

dont get me wrong, the defence should be the main concern, but we've just come off a season where we let 49 goals in so the fact we're not getting tonked 3-1 every week makes us automatically assume its improved. its hasnt. we improved at the start of the season im not sure what's going on now.

but maybe defensive resilience comes from confidence in attack? i mean we knew we had van persie to bail us out towards the end of last season even if we went behind in games. so the defence was more comfortable and less edgy. but now we have no-one and we know everytime we let in a goal we're pretty much fucked.

thats the only logical assumption i can make from his post.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
So he scored two goals, bout time he made up for his dogshite start to his career missing sitters left right and centre, I'm not about to praise him for one game when he goes around missing matchwinning chances almost every game. He did Ok today, doesn't change the fact he should have had the guts to step forward and take the penalty, noone would have argued as he was on a hattrick.

As for the defence, what is there to say? Zonal marking doesn't work, there's no discipline in the team, players make mistakes regularly, they don't play as a unit....they're sh*te.

Yes this is all down to Wenger, but the problems in the team are everywhere to be honest, not just in defence....the lack of leaders and characters is just as much of an issue.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Exactly. It was the same last week with the Schalke game. Instead of talking about throwing away a lead, we're talking about Walcott's last chance on goal.

The last minute goals can't disguise the fact that we're terrible at defending and that needs sorting out. That's the main issue we have right now.

That was another huge moment blown, like Bendtner's miss against Barca. These are the moments that make the difference in what is otherwise tight competition. Right there Walcott could have banged that in the net and said fucking pay me! But instead he says pay me and then shows precisely why he's not worth it. We have big name players who are small time in reality. Whether that's the manager's fault, the players' faults or a mix of both all I know is we are small time.

Kano
10-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Do we still even bother debating the shit defence? It's just a given isn't it? Years of watching the same crap and nothing is done about it.
there is no debate, it was shit today. sure, it's been shit for years but why would a first reaction on leaving a game like that be 'where was giroud'? if i was walking out at full time i'd be fuming at our back 6 and at arteta for not putting away the chance. if the aim is to score 4/5 a game and then have a go at strikers not doing so, then people really are losing the plot.

Özim
Pretty much, we're never going to defend well...Wenger doesn't know the meaning of defence. At least in the past he had a competent attack to bail him out.

Kano
So he scored two goals, bout time he made up for his dogshite start to his career missing sitters left right and centre, I'm not about to praise him for one game when he goes around missing matchwinning chances almost every game. He did Ok today, doesn't change the fact he should have had the guts to step forward and take the penalty, noone would have argued as he was on a hattrick.
wow ok. you're nuts.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:40 PM

this

its pointless. we could go 10 games without letting in a goal but we'd still have a goal difference of -89 at the end of the season.

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:41 PM
right wenger has confirmed we have a list of penalty takers, arteta is number 1, cazorla is number 2. so that puts that argument to bed

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:41 PM
That was another huge moment blown, like Bendtner's miss against Barca. These are the moments that make the difference in what is otherwise tight competition. Right there Walcott could have banged that in the net and said fucking pay me! But instead he says pay me and then shows precisely why he's not worth it. We have big name players who are small time in reality. Whether that's the manager's fault, the players' faults or a mix of both all I know is we are small time.
Totally agree, I'm not absolving the defence of blame, far from it as their dogshite and awful....but at the same time when you get a chance to win a game it's shocking that we don't have players who will stand up and be counted and that is a problem in itself.

He could have bailed out his teammates and been the hero, instead he took the cowards way out and passed the buck. You'll never achieve anything if players won't take the responsiblity that should fall upon them.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
We shouldn't need 4 goals to win at home and against Fulham. They're a #decent side but there are no excuses for letting a 2 goal lead slip. This game should have been formality once Podolski scored but we just fell into that familar lull, pretending to be in control because we're completing several sideways passes, when the reality is that we can't be bothered to go for kill.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Bar a handful of players this squad is sh*t it really is. We need a massive clearout from top to bottom.

Power n Glory
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM

These aren't tight games. They shouldn't be anyway. It's bad defending that's costing us. When you go two goals up you should be able to hold the lead.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
right wenger has confirmed we have a list of penalty takers, arteta is number 1, cazorla is number 2. so that puts that argument to bed
Where did you find that BS?

If Podolski isn't a penalty taker Wenger should be sacked on the spot tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM

from arsenal.com twitter page on his press conference

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 05:45 PM
there is no debate, it was shit today. sure, it's been shit for years but why would a first reaction on leaving a game like that be 'where was giroud'? if i was walking out at full time i'd be fuming at our back 6 and at arteta for not putting away the chance. if the aim is to score 4/5 a game and then have a go at strikers not doing so, then people really are losing the plot.

Because we've pinned everything on Giroud being a success up top this season. The whole team could have benefited from him stepping up and smashing that hat trick in. His confidence would be sky high for the NLD, we would have 3 points in the bag because of a grandstand performance from him personally. The questions would be gone. Sure he could have missed too. But that's the point, we want to see what we have up there. Is he something worth pinning a hope to or just another so-so player who will get lost in this bullshit we call a season. You have to seize these moments, it's crazy to let them pass. Succeed, fail, but either way at least try. If the decision was not in his hands then whoever took the decision needs to be sat down to have football explained to them again from scratch. It's supposed to be about the highs and lows, the heroes and the also-rans, that's where the entertainment comes from and the meaningful talking points. Our football is like our financial policy - fucking stale and fucking boring and a million miles from what football should be.

Dennis Bendtner
Taking penalties from the bench, interesting.

Globalgunner
GWrs cast your memories to a few seasons back. Who was our most dependable penalty taker. Yes it was the least offensive player in the team. The one who never scores from open play Lauren. Basically penalty taking is not a skill. It is a mindset. Right now we have no characters in the team. Wenger likes it that way.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Because we've pinned everything on Giroud being a success up top this season. The whole team could have benefited from him stepping up and smashing that hat trick in. His confidence would be sky high for the NLD, we would have 3 points in the bag because of a grandstand performance from him personally. The questions would be gone. Sure he could have missed too. But that's the point, we want to see what we have up there. Is he something worth pinning a hope to or just another so-so player who will get lost in this bullshit we call a season. You have to seize these moments, it's crazy to let them pass. Succeed, fail, but either way at least try. If the decision was not in his hands then whoever took the decision needs to be sat down to have football explained to them again from scratch. It's supposed to be about the highs and lows, the heroes and the also-rans, that's where the entertainment comes from and the meaningful talking points. Our football is like our financial policy - fucking stale and fucking boring and a million miles from what football should be.
:goodpost:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:46 PM

:lol: we seem to be saying that every week

wenger :bow:

staying in a job even though he should be sacked 4 times a month :bow:

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Taking penalties from the bench, interesting.
:unsure: He plays every game so it's highly likely he'd get a fair few chances. Today he as off sure but I was referring to be the general penalty taker not today's incident.

jelgoon
And we should start with Diaby. Sick of listening to Wenger telling us hes like a new player ever teim he comes back for 20 minutes. He's now out til at least January with a muscle injury. Just sell him or give him away or cancel his contract and get him the insurance money.

Bar a handful of players this squad is sh*t it really is. We need a massive clearout from top to bottom.

RomfordPele
this

its pointless.

Yep. As will we be soon if we stick with the mad prof.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
These aren't tight games. They shouldn't be anyway. It's bad defending that's costing us. When you go two goals up you should be able to hold the lead.

But when you don't hold the lead you need another goal, right? We don't have strikers who say they will start playing once the defence has sorted it's shit out. At least I hope we don't.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:49 PM

NQ > terry tuffnutz again

i think that all but confirms his status as the most feared poster on here.

we'll count that as a trophy :bow:

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:50 PM
And we should start with Diaby. Sick of listening to Wenger telling us hes like a new player ever teim he comes back for 20 minutes. He's now out til at least January with a muscle injury. Just sell him or give him away or cancel his contract and get him the insurance money.
There's a lot of rubbish let's be honest, from the serial crocks to sh*te who should be nowhere near a club of our stature.

Let's not forget the guy at the top who makes ridiculous decisions and mistakes on a regular basis./

Kano
10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
as that is the very first concern from todays game? the defence has been average for years, as have arsenal. does that mean we just take it for granted, no need for debate there either?

Dennis Bendtner
:unsure: He plays every game so it's highly likely he'd get a fair few chances. Today he as off sure but I was referring to be the general penalty taker not today's incident.

I'm fairly sure Wenger was doing the opposite.

Anyway - Arteta scored a last-minute penalty in his final game for Everton against Blackburn. Just saying.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Yep. As will we be soon if we stick with the mad prof.

if 16 points after 11 games isnt pointless then please give me the glass you've been drinking from.

might even help me get over this hangover.

jelgoon
i agree. Peter Storey, Alan Ball, Liam Brady - list goes on.

GWrs cast your memories to a few seasons back. Who was our most dependable penalty taker. Yes it was the least offensive player in the team. The one who never scores from open play Lauren. Basically penalty taking is not a skill. It is a mindset. Right now we have no characters in the team. Wenger likes it that way.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
There's a lot of rubbish let's be honest, from the serial crocks to sh*te who should be nowhere near a club of our stature.

Let's not forget the guy at the top who makes ridiculous decisions and mistakes on a regular basis./

letters :bow:

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:54 PM
as that is the very first concern from todays game? the defence has been average for years, as have arsenal. does that mean we just take it for granted, no need for debate there either?
It's not just today's game though is it? It's 7 years of this sh*t, these comments aren't simply about today it's the general feeling about this team/squad/club.

All these little things add up to making us a nothing team with no hope of any success, you don't win anything with a sh*te defence and neither do you win anything with shrinking violets who run away at the mere sign of trouble.

You want leaders, players with self belief not players who have a "not sure if they I'm up to it today, maybe next time" attitude.

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Obviously - Ive thought Wenger was shit even longer than you. From about 2007 it was obvious he'd lost the plot.

Özim
I'm fairly sure Wenger was doing the opposite.

Anyway - Arteta scored a last-minute penalty in his final game for Everton against Blackburn. Just saying.
Arteta stood up to be counted, he missed but that can happen.

Still think Giroud on a hattrick should have grabbed the ball and gone for it, any striker on a hattrick would surely?

RomfordPele
if 16 points after 11 games isnt pointless then please give me the glass you've been drinking from.

might even help me get over this hangover.

Err, not sure I understand. If you're saying 16 points from 11 is something to be proud of then pass me your glass, it's certainly much fuller than mine.

Özim
10-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Obviously - Ive thought Wenger was shit even longer than you. From about 2007 it was obvious he'd lost the plot.
Sorry that's not quite right, I've thought he was an idiot from about then if not a bit before to be honest....I spotted the signs early :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Err, not sure I understand. If you're saying 16 points from 11 is something to be proud of then pass me your glass, it's certainly much fuller than mine.

i thought thats what you were saying :unsure:

you said we'd be pointless soon if we stayed with the prof

im saying we're already pointless. as our points tally suggests.

Kano
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM
It's not just today's game though is it? It's 7 years of this sh*t, these comments aren't simply about today it's the general feeling about this team/squad/club.

All these little things add up to making us a nothing team with no hope of any success, you don't win anything with a sh*te defence and neither do you win anything with shrinking violets who run away at the mere sign of trouble.

You want leaders, players with self belief not players who have a "not sure if they I'm up to it today, maybe next time" attitude.
they are about today, you were talking about giroud?

anyway, as someone else said, its all part of the wengbot way. arteta takes them, if not cazorla. but i suppose giroud should've shoved him to the ground and started a ruck to show his passion for scoring a third.

Dennis Bendtner
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Still think Giroud on a hattrick should have grabbed the ball and gone for it, any striker on a hattrick would surely?

That's the only point I was making really. Rather focus on other things. I don't think 'being a striker' automatically correlates to being the best penalty-taker in the team. But once more, he might have scored, he might have not.

RomfordPele
10-11-2012, 06:01 PM
i thought thats what you were saying :unsure:

you said we'd be pointless soon if we stayed with the prof

im saying we're already pointless. as our points tally suggests.

Ah, ok. Sorry, yes, I agree.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 06:02 PM

You know my feelings on this. There should be a fucking great broom taken to the whole place, a clean out from top to bottom. Anybody who isn't in this 100% for the club and can appreciate if they get that bit right then the glory follows by default should be fucked out the door. Who isn't sick of all these ****s spouting their bullshit throughout the week only to fall flat on their faces come the weekend? And they want five, six figures a fucking match for this shit. They can fuck off. But this is just the standard, everyday, ongoing problem at the club. This is normal at Arsenal. So I look for those moments of inspiration instead, even if it's a fucking stupid and humiliating comeback against dogshit Reading. It still gets you out of your seat, you still get a little bit back. I would have loved to hear about a Giroud hat trick today. It would have been something to talk about rather than the usual shit. I'm not excusing the defence, I'm not saying anything about the defence because we all know it inside and out. Would have liked to tune in tonight for Giroud's hat trick though - but fuck that, we didn't even try. Like I said, the soul has gone, this club is just a shell game.

Power n Glory
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM

And Giroud didn't considering he got us the 2nd and 3rd goal?

It's pretty harsh to shit on a player because he didn't disobey the manager to take penalty but has scored 2 goals for us already.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
they are about today, you were talking about giroud?

anyway, as someone else said, its all part of the wengbot way. arteta takes them, if not cazorla. but i suppose giroud should've shoved him to the ground and started a ruck to show his passion for scoring a third.
If you're on a hattrick noone is going to argue to be honest.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
You know my feelings on this. There should be a fucking great broom taken to the whole place, a clean out from top to bottom. Anybody who isn't in this 100% for the club and can appreciate if they get that bit right then the glory follows by default should be fucked out the door. Who isn't sick of all these ****s spouting their bullshit throughout the week only to fall flat on their faces come the weekend? And they want five, six figures a fucking match for this shit. They can fuck off. But this is just the standard, everyday, ongoing problem at the club. This is normal at Arsenal. So I look for those moments of inspiration instead, even if it's a fucking stupid and humiliating comeback against dogshit Reading. It still gets you out of your seat, you still get a little bit back. I would have loved to hear about a Giroud hat trick today. It would have been something to talk about rather than the usual shit. I'm not excusing the defence, I'm not saying anything about the defence because we all know it inside and out. Would have liked to tune in tonight for Giroud's hat trick though - but fuck that, we didn't even try. Like I said, the soul has gone, this club is just a shell game.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/article6423159.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Ivan+Gazidis

Kano
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
If you're on a hattrick noone is going to argue to be honest.
sure. that's how it works with wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Maybe he would have if he was on the pitch.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:09 PM

It's pretty harsh to shit on a player because he didn't disobey the manager to take penalty but has scored 2 goals for us already.
Noone is going to deny a player a hattrick chance to be honest, not even the manager, it does take bottle to take the ball and say I'm going to take it sure, clearly he's not a player who is going to be there when the going gets tough.

He scored goals yes, but that's his job which up until now he's done badly, hopefully he'll kick on from here.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
sure. that's how it works with wenger.
IMO in the old days the players did the thinking on their feet, they decided what happened on the pitch....those were the days when we were successful, a team of generals who didn't shy away.

Now they are all sheep who follow everything by the letter with no personnality, opinion or character....we did have one player with character but he left last summer after realising Wenger is clueless.

With players like this you're on a path to nowhere because when things are tough in the business end of competitions they won't deliver under the pressure.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:16 PM
OMG there is so much garbage in this thread.

Kano
i would've loved to hear a 3-0 victory with two goals from giroud. the expectation levels are getting ridiculous if the first point of contention is about someone who without we wouldn't even have a point - not even in a position to take three in the last minute. i couldn't care less how long our defence has been shocking, as long as it continues to be then that is the main worry facing the first team. we do not possess strikers with the same ability of those that have left but i'm not expecting them to have to save us because of the relentless fuck ups in defence. because this isn't just a one off, this is repeating again and again and no matter who we have up front, you can't rely on your strikers to bail you out of game your defence is fucking up. we all want passion and stories of new strikers scoring a hattrick, what fan doesn't. but he's on a hiding to hell if that is the level required because his team mates have no idea how to control a game. wengbot controls it all from the bench, everything set in stone before a ball is kicked. no matter how passionate giroud is, if he wants to be playing the next game he'll get in line and follow instructions. why the fuck else are we in these predicaments week after week? not because a striker won't score a third but because our manager has set it all out on football manger the night before.

Syn
My match reaction is 'meh'. But I think what's interesting is that if Arteta had put that penalty away, it would still be 'meh'.

Too many strangers on the pitch. Just waiting for the day the bubble bursts (the financial bubble...obviously we're in free fall on the pitch), everyone fucks off, we're in division 1, ticket prices are a tenner and on the pitch are shitter versions of Jenkinson's and Wilshere's. Only then will you not feel like a tit for giving a fuck about the Arsenal. My ETA is 8 years.

Power n Glory
10-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Noone is going to deny a player a hattrick chance to be honest, not even the manager, it does take bottle to take the ball and say I'm going to take it sure, clearly he's not a player who is going to be there when the going gets tough.

He scored goals yes, but that's his job which up until now he's done badly, hopefully he'll kick on from here.

You're going out of your way to shit on Giroud. Arteta is the one that bottled it and he should be able to take penalties considering he must have a good average in training and past record with his former club. If Giroud would have missed there would have been no mercy on him.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM

A good match for those who like to see average at best teams slug it out in a match full of goals.

Anyone thirsty for quality football would have left critically dehydrated.

We've sold off all our best players and this is where our level is now. Fuck knows how much worse it will get when we continue to sell the best of what is left.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Lahey
christ i cant believe that the best player on the field today is getting blasted like this. Giroud is a bottler for not even taking a shot? thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. going by this logic why would you want the bottler to take the shot when he has no bottle anyway:doh:

there is sooo much more to talk about than who took the penalty. Arteta is a senior player in the team and is known to take set pieces we dont know the pecking order as for as penalties so people need to stop with the ridiculous insults.

i would love to hear what Wenger says about today. ive got a hunch that he is going to mention the midweek champions league match as to why we let a 2 goal lead slip yet again. Everton looked the business again today with an arguably weaker side, we need to focus on why Wenger cannot get better results with a better side.

Olivier's xmas twist

1st and 3rd goals, but i agree. Not sure why he is being called a bottler, he may have missed too.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Yeah and if he had taken the pen and missed, you'd be calling him shite and saying how Arteta should have taken it, because he used to for everton.

Your being a bit our of Order on Giroud. He was MOTM for us today. Blame the guy who missed it. Like been said before sometimes you score them, sometimes you don't it happens.

Scoring that pen would have been papering over the cracks.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
You're going out of your way to shit on Giroud. Arteta is the one that bottled it and he should be able to take penalties considering he must have a good average in training and past record with his former club. If Giroud would have missed there would have been no mercy on him.
Arteta didn't bottle it to be fair, he stood up and took the penalty....sure he missed it but that does happen with penalties.

How many players pass up the chance of a hattrick? At the end of the day Fulham have conceded 15 goals away so they're easy to score against so it's hardly a massive achievement to have scored against a defence as bad as ours.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
actually syn makes a good point.

i sat back today for the first time in my life and thought 'what really is the point in all this? what difference is arsenal winning today going to make? sure it'll fill the pockets of those at the top but the fans will keep getting mugged off'. not that i dont care because every football fan does, but its just pure stagnation now. nothing to make you jump out your seat or fill you with excitement. we're going nowhere. i feel like a liverpool fan last season. in fact we are the new liverpool.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah and if he had taken the pen and missed, you'd be calling him shite and saying how Arteta should have taken it, because he used to for everton.

Your being a bit our of Order on Giroud. He was MOTM for us today. Blame the guy who missed it. Like been said before sometimes you score them, sometimes you don't it happens.

Scoring that pen would have been papering over the cracks.
I think he's shite end of, even after today....we should have signed a decent striker instead of this half arsed coward they call a striker :lol:

He had a good game today sure, but against a team who can't defend, he's missed an awful lot of easy chances for us this season to be fair.

As for papering over the cracks, well yeah we have been for years.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 06:27 PM
i would've loved to hear a 3-0 victory with two goals from giroud. the expectation levels are getting ridiculous if the first point of contention is about someone who without we wouldn't even have a point - not even in a position to take three in the last minute. i couldn't care less how long our defence has been shocking, as long as it continues to be then that is the main worry facing the first team. we do not possess strikers with the same ability of those that have left but i'm not expecting them to have to save us because of the relentless fuck ups in defence. because this isn't just a one off, this is repeating again and again and no matter who we have up front, you can't rely on your strikers to bail you out of game your defence is fucking up. we all want passion and stories of new strikers scoring a hattrick, what fan doesn't. but he's on a hiding to hell if that is the level required because his team mates have no idea how to control a game. wengbot controls it all from the bench, everything set in stone before a ball is kicked. no matter how passionate giroud is, if he wants to be playing the next game he'll get in line and follow instructions. why the fuck else are we in these predicaments week after week? not because a striker won't score a third but because our manager has set it all out on football manger the night before.

That's what I said - somebody needs to sit down with Wenger and remind him of everything he seems to have forgotten about this game. But it won't happen. Neither will the defensive issues be corrected.

I think this is where we differ. You are still trying to suggest ways to reconfigure this club in a way that could produce a result. I'm saying - fuck them, I couldn't give a shit about that any more. That was how I felt and the start of the season and then I got sucked into all the BS again. But my initial instincts were dead right. There's nothing to fix here because it's thoroughly fucking broken and being run from top to bottom by people who want to fuck it up even more.

So I'm just going through the motions pining for a freak occurrence to puncture the monotony. Us fucking up. Been there, boring. New striker stepping up, proving the critics wrong, giving the crowd something to shout about. Like you say, killed stone dead before the idea can even take shape. Not Giroud's fault, not Arteta's fault. Not even Wenger's fault to be honest. He thinks he's doing the right thing and nobody who counts is willing to call him out for this turd of a product being served up. Not even the board's fault because they go about their merry way thinking by enriching themselves they are also benefiting the club. These fucking lunatics all think they are doing us a massive favour. Total fucking looney bin.

RomfordPele
10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
My match reaction is 'meh'. But I think what's interesting is that if Arteta had put that penalty away, it would still be 'meh'.

Just waiting for the day the bubble bursts (the financial bubble...obviously we're in free fall on the pitch), everyone fucks off, we're in division 1, ticket prices are a tenner and on the pitch are shitter versions of Jenkinson's and Wilshere's. Only then will you not feel like a tit for giving a fuck about the Arsenal. My ETA is 8 years.

You know what that's the sanest and most charitable explanation for weng-idis's methods. AW thinks there's going to be an apocalyptic, credit-crunch style contraction in football revenues, the big investors withdraw, the talent largely moves to emerging markets in china. So build up a big cash reserve now, snap up the best the talent that stays behind, and voila - arsenal are the biggest and most powerful club in Europe.

Unfortunately, a.) as a theory, it's complete horseshit; b.) it's no excuse for being incompetent on and off the pitch, here and now; and c.) we're not going to benefit from the cash reserve as its going to go straight into kroenke's pocket when he sells up in a few years time.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
actually syn makes a good point.

i sat back today for the first time in my life and thought 'what really is the point in all this? what difference is arsenal winning today going to make? sure it'll fill the pockets of those at the top but the fans will keep getting mugged off'. not that i dont care because every football fan does, but its just pure stagnation now. nothing to make you jump out your seat or fill you with excitement. we're going nowhere. i feel like a liverpool fan last season. in fact we are the new liverpool.

This is why i never rushed to post in this thread, because its the same discussion every week, and im just sick of it tbh. For me i don't judge performances, i just look at results. And i say that i look at results, becuase Judging perfomances for me is silly with this sqaud who has no quality and i can accept it for what it is. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise so Wenger and Co will see how bad we have become.

I think he's shite end of, even after today....we should have signed a decent striker instead of this half arsed coward they call a striker :lol:

He had a good game today sure, but against a team who can't defend, he's missed an awful lot of easy chances for us this season to be fair.

So you think he is shite but think a shite player should have taken a pen :rolleyes:

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
You know what that's the sanest and most charitable explanation for weng-idis's methods. AW thinks there's going to be an apocalyptic, credit-crunch style contraction in football revenues, the big investors withdraw, the talent largely moves to emerging markets in china. So build up a big cash reserve now, snap up the best the talent that stays behind, and voila - arsenal are the biggest and most powerful club in Europe.

Unfortunately, a.) as a theory, it's complete horseshit; b.) it's no excuse for being incompetent on and off the pitch, here and now; and c.) we're not going to benefit from the cash reserve as its going to go straight into kroenke's pocket when he sells up in a few years time.
and just to add to that Chelsea made a profit for the first time under the Russian:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/20270934

Bye bye Wenger, nice to have known you, don't forget to shut the door on your way out :wave:

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Just in- Wenger says we showed fantastic spirit to come back after being 2-3 down.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
So you think he is shite but think a shite player should have taken a pen :rolleyes:
I think he's dogshite yeah, I guess he could prove me wrong. Don't think the guy has the ability of bottle though to be honest, the day we finally go out pay and buy a decent striker will be a happy one for me.

I've had my fill of these nobodies from the French league for a lifetime.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Just in- Wenger says we showed fantastic spirit to come back after being 2-3 down.
What no togetherness?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Yeah we did, then we showed poor spirit by missing a pen.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 06:35 PM
and just to add to that Chelsea made a profit for the first time under the Russian:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/20270934

Bye bye Wenger :wave:

there we have it. complete mockery of FFP begins. no doubt chelsea bumped up the merchandise sales/revenues to cover their arses, there's no way they could have made a profit as they invested every penny on an ageing squad and fire hazard's wages.

the one thing wenger and the board counted on to save their arses and its already fallen apart :haha:

au revoir wankger.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I think he's dogshite yeah, I guess he could prove me wrong. Don't think the guy has the ability of bottle though to be honest, the day we finally go out pay and buy a decent striker will be a happy one for me.

I've had my fill of these nobodies from the French league for a lifetime.

The guy was MotM today, Anybody who expected him to come in and Score 30 odd goals thias season, was deluded.

He was going to take time to settle in. He got 2 goals today it can only help his confidence.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
The guy was MotM today, Anybody who expected him to come in and Score 30 odd goals thias season, was deluded.

He was going to take time to settle in. He got 2 goals today it can only help his confidence.

To call him a bottler is stupid.

Özim

there we have it. complete mockery of FFP begins. no doubt chelsea bumped up the merchandise sales/revenues to cover their arses, there's no way they could have made a profit as they invested every penny on an ageing squad and fire hazard's wages.

the one thing wenger and the board counted on to save their arses and its already fallen apart :haha:

au revoir wankger.
Pretty much, the guy is a clown to be honest without a clue about the realities of football, the board well year they're only interested in how much money they can stuff into their pockets.

Olivier's xmas twist
The biggest worry is that Fulham looked at least as good as us technically.

Who hasn't this season apart from the saints?

Kano
That's what I said - somebody needs to sit down with Wenger and remind him of everything he seems to have forgotten about this game. But it won't happen. Neither will the defensive issues be corrected.

I think this is where we differ. You are still trying to suggest ways to reconfigure this club in a way that could produce a result. I'm saying - fuck them, I couldn't give a shit about that any more. That was how I felt and the start of the season and then I got sucked into all the BS again. But my initial instincts were dead right. There's nothing to fix here because it's thoroughly fucking broken and being run from top to bottom by people who want to fuck it up even more.

So I'm just going through the motions pining for a freak occurrence to puncture the monotony. Us fucking up. Been there, boring. New striker stepping up, proving the critics wrong, giving the crowd something to shout about. Like you say, killed stone dead before the idea can even take shape. Not Giroud's fault, not Arteta's fault. Not even Wenger's fault to be honest. He thinks he's doing the right thing and nobody who counts is willing to call him out for this turd of a product being served up. Not even the board's fault because they go about their merry way thinking by enriching themselves they are also benefiting the club. These fucking lunatics all think they are doing us a massive favour. Total fucking looney bin.
i don't think our defensive issues will be resolved and i don't think our attack will be as potent as years past - i realised that in the run in last season and came to the conclusion top four is over. even if we had a semi competent defence it would still be undermined by the managers lunatic ideas on the pitch.

i can't and won't walk away from every single game completely and utterly broken by it because i want to find a reason to come back again and watch the game, because i'm a supporter, i love the club. so this time, i'm happy with giroud scoring two, agreed it would've been nice for him to get a third but it would've been more enjoyable to see some sort of defending.

will it change? probably not for quite a while, hence why i think we'll finish in the lowest position under wenger this season but fuck me, there is still some positives to be had somewhere otherwise there is no point for me even watching our games anymore. it's painful mostly at the moment but you go through that with things you are committed to. let's get rid of wenger and the board, that would be great as it would mean a change and perhaps a new direction. but i can't 'give up'. i've been in and given too much of my life to arsenal to throw my hands up and wait for the corpse to decompose.

we can shout for what we want, balls out with passion but let's be realistic about the situation. wenger and the board are most likely here to stay for quite a while. that could leave us midtable like the mid-90's, although far more damaging because of the exclusive top four club being shut off with the ffp. but i'll be there, fuck it. and the only thing that will keep me coming back is finding something to enjoy, otherwise there is no point at all.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM

I doubt it will help that much, he's scored the odd goal this season and never really kicked on or looked any better.

Today he scores two and should be full of confidence and yet passes up a hattrick chance, not a good sign IMO.

Globalgunner
10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
The Chelsea profit thing is a misnomer because they got an extra 45m just from winning the CL and still only made a profit of 1.5m. But back to the issue athand This club, this team. How low can you get?

Maestro
10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
A good match for those who like to see average at best teams slug it out in a match full of goals.

Anyone thirsty for quality football would have left critically dehydrated.

We've sold off all our best players and this is where our level is now. Fuck knows how much worse it will get when we continue to sell the best of what is left.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

:good: this

the wheels are finally falling off

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Wenger is putting square wheels on axles meant for round wheels.

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Was pretty good for me

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I doubt it will help that much, he's scored the odd goal this season and never really kicked on or looked any better.

Today he scores two and should be full of confidence and yet passes up a hattrick chance, not a good sign IMO.

Not sure he passed it up and i doubt him not taking the pen, is going to stop him from scoring again.

ANd i don't buy that because he is on a hatrick he should take it. Happens all the time players on hatricks but someone else taking them.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Was pretty good for me

i heard it on the radio sounded like a good game.

Özim
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
This should cheer a few people up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04avEmSeU94&feature=fvwrel

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
This should cheer a few people up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04avEmSeU94&feature=fvwrel

No wonder why that **** left.

Totally cringe.

Its even more gayer then Lesbo Nasri's hair tbh.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 06:52 PM
i don't think our defensive issues will be resolved and i don't think our attack will be as potent as years past - i realised that in the run in last season and came to the conclusion top four is over. even if we had a semi competent defence it would still be undermined by the managers lunatic ideas on the pitch.

i can't and won't walk away from every single game completely and utterly broken by it because i want to find a reason to come back again and watch the game, because i'm a supporter, i love the club. so this time, i'm happy with giroud scoring two, agreed it would've been nice for him to get a third but it would've been more enjoyable to see some sort of defending.

will it change? probably not for quite a while, hence why i think we'll finish in the lowest position under wenger this season but fuck me, there is still some positives to be had somewhere otherwise there is no point for me even watching our games anymore. it's painful mostly at the moment but you go through that with things you are committed to. let's get rid of wenger and the board, that would be great as it would mean a change and perhaps a new direction. but i can't 'give up'. i've been in and given too much of my life to arsenal to throw my hands up and wait for the corpse to decompose.

we can shout for what we want, balls out with passion but let's be realistic about the situation. wenger and the board are most likely here to stay for quite a while. that could leave us midtable like the mid-90's, although far more damaging because of the exclusive top four club being shut off with the ffp. but i'll be there, fuck it. and the only thing that will keep me coming back is finding something to enjoy, otherwise there is no point at all.

We are football supporters. There's precious little football going on at this club right now. Nothing to actually support. The club has been hijacked by money grabbing ****s, the players don't seem to give a shit, the manager spouts shit about winning the big prize, 4th place. What are we actually supporting? The essence of Arsenal? The memory of it? This isn't about taking the good times with the bad, this is about a club that claims the bad times are a trophy. I sat through the Terry Neill years, Don Howe, George Graham. Often very tough going but never as utterly futile as what we are enduring now. There was still a club back then, but I don't see that now. I see a corporation feeding off those memories in order to keep the audience captive. And you feel a bit of a **** to be so easily manipulated. makes you want to switch off if only to maintain a little dignity.

Maestro
10-11-2012, 06:59 PM
:popcorn:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-have-shown-that-we-can-fight-

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Just read the match thread and flicked through the pages on this thread

Shocking pessimism on here.

My thoughts on the day.

Great time, thoroughly enjoyed it, decent weather as well, fine looking lass not that far from me as well. It was indeed turning out to be an excellent day........then the match started

Fulham were excellent. Would have been harsh to lose that game to a non penalty that Dowd gave us. Ref had a decent game. Cant blame him for this. In a way and no doubt i'll have the clueless on my back for this but missing the penalty is for the greater good. If we had scored it and won the game, the papering over the cracks by Wenger and his sympathizers on here would have been immense. Now they dont have a leg to stand on.

As mentioned, Fulham were awlsome and i consider it a good point as we were up against a far superior team managed by a far superior manager. Yes its a shame and frustrating that we let go of a 2 goal lead but i would have taken a point at the start of the game so no complaints.

Mannone - Cant blame him any of the goals from what i saw

Defensively we were not so good. Mert is awesome but the other 3 and especially Kos, were bad. Plenty of Arsenal fans suffered heart attacks when the ball is near him.

Arteta for me was MOTM. He was excellent in the way he regularly created space and opportunities for Fulham. Think he made one mistake today when he was trying to play it out of defence and the ball ended up with Podolski who scored but other than that, he was brilliant for Fulham. Cheeky bid in january? Won a penalty for Fulham and made sure it stayed 3-3 at the end by psyching out the Arsenal taker

Cazorla - I hate being right :(

Coq looked very good so taking him off was exactly the right thing to do by Wenger. We cannot have players having good games.

Podolski scored. :bow: Always been a fan. Hes back. Anticipated Arteta trying to pass it out and intercepted the pass and scored.

Giroud, i have to thank him. He answered a very important question for me. After Theos 2 goals v Spuds last season, i questioned how posters can still critisise someone who has scored 2 goals in a match. Now i know. Arguably the worst striker in the business when the ball is at his feet but pretty awesome in the air although he did miss a sitter of a header at the end. And he bottled taking the penalty but unless he can take it with his head, i wouldnt have backed him to score. Case in point, his 2nd goal. One on one sitter missed, Theo as usual backs him up, chips it in and he scores the header

Theo - He is awesome. Truly loved by all true gooners. Our best player by a mile. Name sung by everyone and was having a great game and thus taken off to keep him fit for his sale in January.

Ramsey - Not good enough. End of the road for him

Arshavin - Has to start surely. He has been excellent in his cameos this season

Ox - Honeymoon period is dead. He needs to perform. One good performance in January v Mancs doesnt wash anymore. Hes been a flop

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Your post match reports after you've been to the game are awesome. :lol:

Özim
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
:
And he bottled taking the penalty but unless he can take it with his head, i wouldnt have backed him to score. Case in point, his 2nd goal. One on one sitter missed, Theo as usual backs him up, chips it in and he scores the header

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Nothing like a bit of bias tbh.

Maestro
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM

My thoughts on the day.

Great time, thoroughly enjoyed it, decent weather as well, fine looking lass not that far from me as well. It was indeed turning out to be an excellent day........then the match started

Fulham were excellent. Would have been harsh to lose that game to a non penalty that Dowd gave us. Ref had a decent game. Cant blame him for this. In a way and no doubt i'll have the clueless on my back for this but missing the penalty is for the greater good. If we had scored it and won the game, the papering over the cracks by Wenger and his sympathizers on here would have been immense. Now they dont have a leg to stand on.

As mentioned, Fulham were awlsome and i consider it a good point as we were up against a far superior team managed by a far superior manager. Yes its a shame and frustrating that we let go of a 2 goal lead but i would have taken a point at the start of the game so no complaints.

Defensively we were not so good. Mert is awesome but the other 3 and especially Kos, were bad. Plenty of Arsenal fans suffered heart attacks when the ball is near him.

Arteta for me was MOTM. He was excellent in the way he regularly created space and opportunities for Fulham. Think he made one mistake today when he was trying to play it out of defence and the ball ended up with Podolski who scored but other than that, he was brilliant for Fulham. Cheeky bid in january? Won a penalty for Fulham and made sure it stayed 3-3 at the end by psyching out the Arsenal taker

Coq looked very good so taking him off was exactly the right thing to do by Wenger. We cannot have players having good games.

Podolski scored. :bow: Always been a fan. Hes back. Anticipated Arteta trying to pass it out and intercepted the pass and scored.

Giroud, i have to thank him. He answered a very important question for me. After Theos 2 goals v Spuds last season, i questioned how posters can still critisise someone who has scored 2 goals in a match. Now i know. Arguably the worst striker in the business when the ball is at his feet but pretty awesome in the air although he did miss a sitter of a header at the end. And he bottled taking the penalty but unless he can take it with his head, i wouldnt have backed him to score. Case in point, his 2nd goal. One on one sitter missed, Theo as usual backs him up, chips it in and he scores the header

Theo - He is awesome. Truly loved by all true gooners. Our best player by a mile. Name sung by everyone and was having a great game and thus taken off to keep him fit for his sale in January.

Ox - Honeymoon period is dead. He needs to perform. One good performance in January v Mancs doesnt wash anymore. Hes been a flop

fuckin' :gp:

Özim
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
:goodpost: Cripps's post match reports are brilliant!

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately for GW but fortunately for me, i am working next week so cant make the Spuds game.

Not sure which game i am going to next. Probably be in December

Maestro
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately for GW but fortunately for me, i am working next week so cant make the Spuds game.

Not sure which game i am going to next. Probably be in December

we'll pay your workplace a little visit, and get this resolved

Dennis Bendtner
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
When was the last time we had a good result with Wenget wearing the sleeping bag? I just associate that with doom now.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Arteta would IMO, be a odd decision if he has.

Podolski would be the obvious choice (of course he was off in this case).

At Arsenal these days it would be an odd decision if it wasn't an odd decision.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
When was the last time we had a good result with Wenget wearing the sleeping bag? I just associate that with doom now.

RPQ tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:17 PM
:goodpost: Cripps's post match reports are brilliant!

Nah prefer Letter's version. Short and Sweet.

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 07:17 PM
More on Theo

I like how he knows Giroud is going to fuck up and thus backs him up as a good team mate should. Done it in Germany and today.

Proper team player. Whoever gets him will have a gem of a player.

Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I just don't know how or when things are going to get better at the club, I can't believe this is the worst start to the season in years even after last years debarcle. :(

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
More on Theo

I like how he knows Giroud is going to fuck up and thus backs him up as a good team mate should. Done it in Germany and today.

Proper team player. Whoever gets him will have a gem of a player.

Oh dear.

Cripps_orig
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I just don't know how or when things are going to get better at the club, I can't believe this is the worst start to the season in years even after last years debarcle. :(

When Wenger, Gazidis, Kroenke, PHW, Arteta, Kos, Ramsey all leave

Özim
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
It's his penguin suit to be honest he even flaps his arms.

He had to get that coat to prevent this from happening again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpRX_cwdro

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
The most impressive aspect of Theo's selflessness is when he runs into players so his adoring true gooners fans have enough time to take pictures of him.

And also the bit where he moves to Liverpool so the loyal fans can just draw a bird over the Arsenal crest on Theo posters adorning their walls.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 07:26 PM
united go 2-0 down and their fans expect them to come back and win.

we go 2-0 up and our fans expect us to lose.

there's the difference.

fucking pains me watching their players celebrate their goals knowing there's something to look forward to come the end of the season. that real excitement that surrounds the club when every single person believes in success and actively tries to achieve it. the buzz from coming back knowing those 3 points will count in the end. god i miss those days.

gunnerrrrr
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM

My thoughts on the day.

superb post

Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM

there's the difference.

fucking pains me watching their players celebrate their goals knowing there's something to look forward to come the end of the season. that real excitement that surrounds the club when every single person believes in success and actively tries to achieve it. the buzz from coming back knowing those 3 points will count in the end. god i miss those days.

It's sickening.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM

there's the difference.

Success is 2nd nature there, nothing is allowed to get in the way of that. Our priorities couldn't be more different.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Success is 2nd nature there, nothing is allowed to get in the way of that. Our priorities couldn't be more different.

15 seasons in a row, read it and weep. Only a few slight blips in that time when we came 3rd.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM

there's the difference.

Then don't.

Dennis Bendtner
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Charlie with an unexpected zinger. :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
The most impressive aspect of Theo's selflessness is when he runs into players so his adoring true gooners fans have enough time to take pictures of him.

And also the bit where he moves to Liverpool so the loyal fans can just draw a bird over the Arsenal crest on Theo posters adorning their walls.

Its clear he is off. his attitude of late tells he me his is.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 07:39 PM

I think you need to look up the word, 'awesome'.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Agree. Funny how the only person that looked truly bothered we missed that pen was Podolski, Walcott looked completely indifferent. He'll join Man Utd in Jan- just watch.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I think you need to look up the word, 'awesome'.

Have to wonder how much Ach pays MO to keep saying nice things about him. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Ach is one of the best posters on here tbh.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Ach is one of the best posters on here tbh.

I think you need to look up the word 'best'.

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I think he may stay. It will mean paying him more money but I think for once the board are backed into a corner. We are shit and they know it and they know that Theo is arguably our best player at the moment. The RVP performance last week must have made the board realise that they cant sell every decent player and get away with it, If we were winning every match without Theo, that would be totally different. But we're not.

Its clear he is off. his attitude of late tells he me his is.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM

Nah. You're also one of the best. I rarely care for much srs debate on here, I just enjoying reading those who make me laugh.

Olivier's xmas twist
Agree. Funny how the only person that looked truly bothered we missed that pen was Podolski, Walcott looked completely indifferent. He'll join Man Utd in Jan- just watch.

Yeah but Podolski is a winner, his attitude has been amazing and optimistic since he came here. He wants to win and wants it so much. Like you said Theo will be off, its clear he don't want to be at the club anymore.

Master Splinter
If we were winning every match without Theo, that would be totally different. But we're not.

We're not winning any with him either.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Nah. You're also one of the best. I rarely care for much srs debate on here, I just enjoying reading those who make me laugh.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I think he may stay. It will mean paying him more money but I think for once the board are backed into a corner. We are shit and they know it and they know that Theo is arguably our best player at the moment. The RVP performance last week must have made the board realise that they cant sell every decent player and get away with it, If we were winning every match without Theo, that would be totally different. But we're not.

Were not winning every game with him either. Id love him to stay and a few weeks ago i said on here id think he would stay. Now i just don't see it.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Walcock is a goner. These are merely shop window performances and a way to get the fans on side before he does a runner. He'll leave with a 'you guys' statement.

Dennis Bendtner
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Think he's already signed for Mercedes.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Theo already moved from some other group into JLS anyway. He has previous.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Hope he does well on X-Factor tonight.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Walcock is a goner. These are merely shop window performances and a way to get the fans on side before he does a runner. He'll leave with a 'you guys' statement.
Unless Man Utd get hit with injuries to key players - then I can't see many teams beating them. Walcott will be thinking it's 10 appearances for a premiership medal - why not be a squad player there. They are guaranteed to win silverware before we ever do again. why would any player with an opportunity to move on from us, stay under the current management of the club at board level to Wenger level?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:57 PM
That was another huge moment blown, like Bendtner's miss against Barca. These are the moments that make the difference in what is otherwise tight competition. Right there Walcott could have banged that in the net and said fucking pay me! But instead he says pay me and then shows precisely why he's not worth it. .

Needs to be more consistent that is for sure.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngXsYukBNg

View of the pel from my seat.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 07:59 PM

Yep, he'll be happy. The board and manager will be fake sad ad we will miss out again.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM

I think you need to look up the word 'of'.

Olivier's xmas twist
Unless Man Utd get hit with injuries to key players - then I can't see many teams beating them. Walcott will be thinking it's 10 appearances for a premiership medal - why not be a squad player there. They are guaranteed to win silverware before we ever do again. why would any player with an opportunity to move on from us, stay under the current management of the club at board level to Wenger level?

Why not go to liverpoor or Chavs, where he would be sure to start. Papers say pool want Hunteelar but i can see them going for him and him going there.

Olivier's xmas twist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngXsYukBNg

View of the pel from my seat.

Poor kid and your poor lad, must think wtf is going on.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Why not go to liverpoor or Chavs, where he would be sure to start. Papers say pool want Hunteelar but i can see them going for him and him going there.
Chelsea would never play him...and liverpool wont win anything anytime soon - it will be Man Utd.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Chelsea would never play him...and liverpool wont win anything anytime soon - it will be Man Utd.

Why won't chavs play him, he'd be better then Torres. Also he is a pool fan and maybe the chance to be a hero for his boyhood club could be the thing that drives him to them.

Just can't see him playing alot of games with the mancs up top. If he is moaning about being on the wing then i doubt he want to play for them on the wing. Unless he is lying and its all about money.

He won't play up top before any of their strikers. Fergie likes his 4.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
He knows he's not gonna get to play CF at any top club...the CF thing is just an excuse to leave our club... he knows he is most effective on the right for us and for England - if he starts playing up front he loses his england place - and am pretty sure he wouldn't sacrifice that. He'll be rotated with Valencia on the right wing at man u - and maybe play as striker in their COC games. Liverpool may be the club he supports - but there is no reason to go backwards is there?
Why won't chavs play him, he'd be better then Torres. Also he is a pool fan and maybe the chance to be a hero for his boyhood club could be the thing that drives him to them.

Just can't see him playing alot of games with the mancs up top. If he is moaning about being on the wing then i doubt he want to play for them on the wing. Unless he is lying and its all about money.

He won't play up top before any of their strikers. Fergie likes his 4.

Joker
10-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't trust Wenger to properly replace Theo if he leaves. He'll probably sign someone like Zaha, and promote AOC to Walcott's position, which won't be satisfactory tbh. AOC hasn't really done anything this season and if we're honest has only had a couple of good performances in an Arsenal shirt (a fact that gets lost in the hype perpetuated by the media). Zaha may be talented, but he'll take time to adjust to a higher level of football.

Dicks and chicks
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't trust Wenger to properly replace Theo if he leaves. He'll probably sign someone like Zaha, and promote AOC to Walcott's position, which won't be satisfactory tbh. AOC hasn't really done anything this season and if we're honest has only had a couple of good performances in an Arsenal shirt (a fact that gets lost in the hype perpetuated by the media). Zaha may be talented, but he'll take time to adjust to a higher level of football.

he hasn't replaced Song or RVP properly yet mate.

Joker
10-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Exactly

jelgoon
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
He's gonna stay - just watch(not that I think we'll ever win anything with Walcot either as hes not as good as people here think).

Joker
10-11-2012, 08:25 PM
We're not winning any with him either.

8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games this season, he's been one of the most efficient players so far. We will miss him if he goes, no question about it. He's given the ball away, run into players etc that's true, but is there a single player in the squad this season who has been consistently excellent?

LDG
10-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Wenger out!

Lunatic.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
We will miss him when he goes but either way, it makes no difference to our likelihood of winning anything.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm still waiting for him to replace Lehmann and Gilberto and Sol Campbell who was our last decent CB to leave...never mind a Song or RVP replacement...start from the back and a GK in January with a defensive midfielder should be our priority, no question, as well as holding on to our current top scorer.

Dicks and chicks
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm still waiting for him to replace Lehmann and Gilberto and Sol Campbell who was our last decent CB to leave...never mind a Song or RVP replacement...start from the back and a GK in January with a defensive midfielder should be our priority, no question, as well as holding on to our current top scorer.

still waiting for a Pires and Ljungberg as well tbh. He won't buy, Ivan needs more yachts.

Joker
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
We will miss him when he goes but either way, it makes no difference to our likelihood of winning anything.

LOL sadly true.

LDG
10-11-2012, 08:32 PM

Right now, we just need someone to sort this lot out defensively.

He's not letting Bould do what he needs to do. What's the point in having a number two of you won't let him do what he's good at.....

Come to think of it, the loony won't let anyone do what they're best at.

Stopwatch triangle passing practice wanker!

Dicks and chicks
10-11-2012, 08:33 PM
was i the only one that was genuinely happy when arteta missed the penalty

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
was i the only one that was genuinely happy when arteta missed the penalty
Why were you genuinely happy? Most true gooners would take a free three points if they were offered it, regardless that it wasn't even a pen and we are playing like crap at the moment, points are points - the higher we finish the more money we pay to the shareholders remember.
I wouldn't say genuinely happy, but it was expected, arteta had possibly his worst game since joining us, his body shape before the pen was all wrong - his run-up predictable and his shot weak....sort of mirrors our last 7 seasons, shape all wrong, predictable play, mentally weak...these are what we turn players into...pampered, sideways passing, no never-say die attitude, and no balls to be the players they could and should be...even the ox looks to have succumbed to the passing instead of running at defenders ...and this early on too.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2012, 08:40 PM
season over in november. how is this tolerated every year?

we barely kick off and we know we're not winning anything.

how depressing.

Bergkampwonderland10
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
season over in november. how is this tolerated every year? Because people are still filling seats - that's why - last game I paid to see was Arsenal v Villa 27/12/09 - Cesc came on to score 2 and then went off injured, think we won 3-0 in the end... and I've been going regularly since 1993, singing my heart out all game but enough is enough now - not only am I pretty much priced out of a ticket, but why should I tolerate paying money to watch the team now? You can call me lesser of a fan, but I don't think so...it's exactly the problem with Arsenal right now - the fans tolerate what's going on. I absolutely hate the thought of Usmanov having anything to do with our club - but something needs to change with its direction somewhere - not usmanov or dein but something else.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
If we all put our money where our mouths were at the beginning of this season, last season, the season before that, we'd still be depressed.

But at least we'd be rich.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
wow ok. you're nuts.

Pretty much, seems like Zimm had a breakdown tbh.

T We have big name players who are small time in reality. Whether that's the manager's fault, the players' faults or a mix of both all I know is we are small time.

Its down to the manager and the players. I say the manager, because really he should have made the squad stronger then it is. He relys on players like Diaby who are never fit or players like Ramsey and Santos who are not good enough.

I say the players, because loads of players in the world would love to play for Arsenal football club. These players don't seem to want to take their chance and then complain that they don't play enough games or how they don't get to play where they want.

None of our players have been consistent this season.