PDA

View Full Version : Mactch Reaction vs Montpellier.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 09:36 PM
We done what we needed to do and Qualified onto the next game tbh

Gervinho's Forehead
21-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Yay we won!

Another boring game, but maybe that's my problem and that I just need to get used to the fact that we're not good to watch anymore.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-11-2012, 09:38 PM
:scarf:

Marc Overmars
21-11-2012, 09:39 PM
A bit drab in the first half but 2 top moments of quality in the 2nd half. Giroud has turned into a bit of a beast now, wins all the knock downs and flick ons, the rest of the team should always anticipate that and make the according runs.

Podolski with the best volley ever seen at that end of the Emirates. :coffee:

A job well done. :scarf:

Cripps_orig
Dull game

We won

yay

Didnt justify me going to my cousins house to watch this

Olivier's xmas twist
Yay we won!

Another boring game, but maybe that's my problem and that I just need to get used to the fact that we're not good to watch anymore.

Never worried about the game just the result. All group games in the Cl are boring as feck anyways, Its about getting through and we did.

Edinburgh Gooner
21-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Job done. OK game, sweet as fuck volley by pod for the second goal. Hope to see wheelchair getting into the box for knock downs by Giroud more ala Lumplard.

Ollie the Optimist
very good result, looks like no injuries either, werent really tested apart from a couple of moments. job done, and for once, seen out pretty well.

McNamara That Ghost...
Great stuff.

Arsenal. :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
21-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Dull game

We won

yay

Didnt justify me going to my cousins house to watch this

Seems even your post match analysis has been affected as well.

Uncharacteristically dull at best.

Olivier's xmas twist
very good result, looks like no injuries either, werent really tested apart from a couple of moments. job done, and for once, seen out pretty well.

Nice to hold on to a 2-0 lead.

Cripps_orig
How do we solve a problem like Ox?

Hes not moved on and in fact has got worse

Wengeritis or hype not justified?

Cripps_orig
21-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Seems even your post match analysis has been affected as well.

Uncharacteristically dull at best.

I only save the good ones for the ones i go to tbh

Marc Overmars
21-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Thought Kos was #decent again. Better than Vermaelen has performed in the centre that's for sure. Of course he tried to undo that work with a typical Kos moment but it didn't amount to anything.

Time to strip Verm of the armband tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 09:46 PM
How do we solve a problem like Ox?

Hes not moved on and in fact has got worse

Wengeritis or hype not justified?

Give him more playing time, wait till he peaks before judging him maybe.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Gibbs is back soon for a couple of games

Verm back in the middle

Kos :wave:

Cripps_orig
21-11-2012, 09:47 PM

We have waited far too long for players to come good, some of which dont

Cant risk it with Ox

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Giroud is turning into a beast of a forward. his two assists were brilliant, he works hard, wins headers, and scores goals. 5 goals in 6 games. not bad.

giroud haters :haha:

Niall_Quinn
21-11-2012, 09:50 PM

Ignore, it's another Walcott thing.

Ollie the Optimist
is there any reason people are slating the Ox? or is it just pathetic wumming again?

LDG
Good second half. Two quality goals.

Giroud :bow:

Poldi :bow:

Jack :bow:

Wilshere ran it tbf. Nice to see him back to being jack.

We quali'd too :dance:

Wenger out!

Özil's Panoramic View
21-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Gibbs is back soon for a couple of games

Verm back in the middle

Kos :wave:

Ill-effects of a skipper's armband...

Dennis Bendtner
21-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Mactch Reaction. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
21-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Expected to win this. Did win it. Poor game brightened up by two decent goals. Monty poor, hope they can do a lot better vs schalke. Pods very busy, great goal. Giroud effective and should have grabbed a goal. Ox was dangerous in the second half until he got pulled. Kos an accident waiting to happen again though, way off last seasons form. Wenger's subs, lol.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Ignore, it's another Walcott thing.

True, i'll let you deal with him i mean own him again.

Giroud is turning into a beast of a forward. his two assists were brilliant, he works hard, wins headers, and scores goals. 5 goals in 6 games. not bad.

Its good to give people time to settle before Judging them.

Niall_Quinn
21-11-2012, 09:54 PM
is there any reason people are slating the Ox? or is it just pathetic wumming again?

Broken hearted Walcott WUM merchants taking it out on Ox. That's all.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Just saw that Pods»Giroud»Pods goal

Holy fuck :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Broken hearted Walcott WUM merchants taking it out on Ox. That's all.

:lol:

Cripps_orig
21-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Still trying to work out how Ox being a bit shit recently has anything to do with Theo :blink:

Anyway, i hate being right :(

Master Splinter
21-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Your self-hatred must be at all-time low then.

GP
21-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Thought Kos was #decent again. Better than Vermaelen has performed in the centre that's for sure. Of course he tried to undo that work with a typical Kos moment but it didn't amount to anything.

Yep, Kos is excellent.

Master Splinter
21-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Giroud :bow:.

Podolski :bow:.

Sir Jack :bow:.

Arsenal :bow:.

WUMger's inevitable dropping of Koscielny on Saturday will be one of his finest pieces of WUMmery. At least Gibbs will be back.

Kano
21-11-2012, 10:15 PM
giroud is coming along very nicely indeed.

good to keep winning but i'm finding it hard to get excited knowing that with our defence it'll be the usual exit this season. that said, no english team is going to win it with terrible defending all round.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Yep, Kos and Merts should be our CB partnership tbh.

Lord Nelson
21-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Just saw that Pods»Giroud»Pods goal

Holy fuck :bow:
Link? Too tight for Sky Sports! :(

Master Splinter
21-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Wenger on Wilshere: "Against Tottenham he lacked petrol after 60 minutes. Tonight I did not feel that." #AFCvMON

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2012, 10:18 PM
7 goals 7 assists for Big Sexy.

Kano
21-11-2012, 10:19 PM
always guaranteed to be two steps ahead of the imitators.

Özim
21-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Got the win, got to admit didn't watch the match as had both games on but ours was so boring I ended up watching City vs Real. Planned to watch second half but fell asleep.

Saw the goals, excellent goal from Podolski.

Özim
21-11-2012, 10:34 PM

Sounds like him, always has one error in him, usually leads to a goal, I guess today he was lucky...not reliable enough IMO.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Got the win, got to admit didn't watch the match as had both games on but ours was so boring I ended up watching City vs Real. Planned to watch second half but fell asleep.

Saw the goals, excellent goal from Podolski.

Dont blame you

Dull game with one piece of quality from Pod

Marc Overmars
21-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds like him, always has one error in him, usually leads to a goal, I guess today he was lucky...not reliable enough IMO.

In terms of attacking the ball he's pretty awesome, so quick off the ground.

Still feel he's sometimes an accident waiting to happen but hopefully he can phase those moments out.

Ollie the Optimist
21-11-2012, 10:41 PM
In terms of attacking the ball he's pretty awesome, so quick off the ground.

Still feel he's sometimes an accident waiting to happen but hopefully he can phase those moments out.

if you look at last year, he was imense. our best defender, its what happens when you give him a run of games. Him and merts read the game so well and anticipate much better then vermaelen does. while kos does have that mistake in him, its less liekly then vermaelen imo, vermaelen is more likely to give away stupid free kicks etc leading to goals (chelsea game)

Master Splinter
21-11-2012, 10:42 PM

That applies to every player in our team tbf.

Vermaelen's performances do not merit him starting ahead of Koscielny or Mertesacker. At least Gibbs can sweep up for Vermaelen's pointless charging to some extent now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-11-2012, 11:26 PM

personally im happy we have a player who doesn't conform to this tippy tappy slow tempo crap.

he gets the ball, head down and runs at the defender.

the only reason he loses the ball more than others is because he's taking more risks.

he could do a ramsey and just pass the ball 5 yards every time but it would be pointless.

we need out of the mould players like theo and chambo.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-11-2012, 11:27 PM
podolski with a van persie type goal :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 11:28 PM
That applies to every player in our team tbf.

Vermaelen's performances do not merit him starting ahead of Koscielny or Mertesacker. At least Gibbs can sweep up for Vermaelen's pointless charging to some extent now.

Yep, But we all know the Capi won't be dropped.

if you look at last year, he was imense. our best defender, its what happens when you give him a run of games. Him and merts read the game so well and anticipate much better then vermaelen does. while kos does have that mistake in him, its less liekly then vermaelen imo, vermaelen is more likely to give away stupid free kicks etc leading to goals (chelsea game)

Pretty much. Don't get all the Kos hate tbh. He makes mistakes but he is no worse then Luiz or Cahill tbh.

All i know is Merts is no 1 CB now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2012, 11:30 PM
personally im happy we have a player who doesn't conform to this tippy tappy slow tempo crap.

he gets the ball, head down and runs at the defender.

the only reason he loses the ball more than others is because he's taking more risks.

he could do a ramsey and just pass the ball 5 yards every time but it would be pointless.

we need out of the mould players like theo and chambo.

Good to have players who use their brains tbh. Good thing about him is he will shoot even if the odds are against him. Mind you i do think we have learned to mix and match it tbh. Its not all pass pass tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-11-2012, 11:39 PM
he's overhyped for his ability but that's the media's fault for giving him the rooney treatment for his every touch at the euro's.

but we don't have to worry about that anymore as the light has moved onto zaha. chambo can develop quietly.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Just saw a re-airing of the match. It wasn't our best performance, but was no where near our worst either.

Giroud is a beast at both ends of the pitch. He shows he has a brain whenever he has the ball, or is involved in the play any at all. Unfortunate not to score today, but we still owe this victory to him none-the-less. Two great assists :bow:

Wilshere is just a tremendous talent. No more needs to be said where he's concerned. :bow:

Podolski, great goal, kind scored by clinical centre forwards. :bow:

Per, Kos and Cazorla accounted well enough for themselves.

Sagna, simply the best RFB in the prem. :bow:

As for Ox, I think he started off a bit slow but his game got progressively better. Quite frankly, I like his bold and direct style of play. No million and one 5 yards lateral passing crap. Instead, always trying to break into the opponents 18 yard box. He's talent for sure and will only get better, more so now that the eye of Sauron seems to have shifted focus off him onto another.

As for rest of team, average at best.

Wenger, great 1st team selection. But being the ultimate wum, he couldn't help himself fucking around with us with that Ramsey and Gervinho subs.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-11-2012, 01:36 AM

New?

fakeyank
22-11-2012, 03:33 AM
We kept a clean fucking sheet!!! :faint:

Letters
22-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Not a sparkling performance but we did enough. Job done.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-11-2012, 09:36 AM

Saw the goals a little earlier Big Sexy's flick was big and fecking sexy. . .you're right Oliie however the haters had a shout cos I reckon the guy himself would admit thar he wasnt tearing things up at the beginning. . .automatic choice now . . .wonder if that means FL week is officially over, GB?

Japan Shaking All Over
22-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Still trying to work out how Ox being a bit shit recently has anything to do with Theo :blink:

Try using your left ;)

Japan Shaking All Over
22-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Havent seen the full game, just the goals and by the sounds of it, the first half was one to be missed but were we knocking in crosses the same as against Spufs?

With Big Sexy this is the way, also how many is that for i-pod?

Marc Overmars
22-11-2012, 10:27 AM
podolski with a van persie type goal :bow:

No, RVC with a Poldi type goal.

Ollie the Optimist
22-11-2012, 10:32 AM
have to say htats one of most professional performances i have seen from us when we got the goals. i can only think of one chance they had and that was the kos mistake, otherwise it was all longshots. we could and should have won by more, only poor finishing and good saves/blocks stopped that. however, we didnt work to hard so shouldnt be too tired, no injuries, and we qualify.

overall Arsenal :bow:

Fist of Lehmann
22-11-2012, 12:26 PM
have to say htats one of most professional performances i have seen from us when we got the goals. i can only think of one chance they had and that was the kos mistake, otherwise it was all longshots. we could and should have won by more, only poor finishing and good saves/blocks stopped that. however, we didnt work to hard so shouldnt be too tired, no injuries, and we qualify.

overall Arsenal :bow:

I thought the game started off alot like the away leg. We really struggle to pass the ball through midfield against teams who press us. Plonking Bellhanda on Arteta removed our out ball, only surges from the back from Koz really unsettled their shape.

We're fortunate that they had nothing to play for and low on confidence because after 30 minutes into the first half they started to drop off, and I don't think we were ever going to be in trouble after that. They hoisted the white flag entirely after goal 2. So much so that even Ramsby tried a little showboating, which must rank as the ultimate insult, a bit like shitting directly onto their heads.

Syn
22-11-2012, 01:11 PM
So much so that even Ramsby tried a little showboating, which must rank as the ultimate insult, a bit like shitting directly onto their heads.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Havent seen the full game, just the goals and by the sounds of it, the first half was one to be missed but were we knocking in crosses the same as against Spufs?

With Big Sexy this is the way, also how many is that for i-pod?

Jude played well. nice to see a striker doing some defensive work for a change.

we can attribute that to jenkinson's dad shouting at him from the stand :bow:

Syn
22-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I thought it was a decent performance overall; a sloppy first half followed by an excellent, professional second half performance. I liked what I saw in the second half from Oxlade Chamberlain - he was very positive and he needs to be more direct. And the key to the second-half turnaround was that Giroud and Podolski (who were really awful in the first half) put in a better show.

One irritating thing about Giroud is that again he has this Bendtner thing where he thinks he's a lot better than he is - so when he (finally) manages to control a long ball, he holds on to it far longer than he should. He tries moving the ball one way, realises there's no escape and then turns at snail's pace and it's all just a bit shit...when a simple pass to Wilshere or Cazorla (or anyone who can do something useful with the ball) would save time, effort and would be better for the team.

Wilshere is still very rusty and it looks like it's going to take him time to get back to his best. Luckily Cazorla has put in two solid performances on the bounce.

selassie
22-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Professional performance, did what we needed to. Not confident about the knock out stages tho.

Özim
22-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Professional performance, did what we needed to. Not confident about the knock out stages tho.
I'm very confident.

Very confident we'll get knocked out.

Fist of Lehmann
22-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm very confident.

Very confident we'll get knocked out.Don't worry. You won't watch that either.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
22-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Disgusting how Zimm is treated on here.

GP
22-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Özim
22-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't worry. You won't watch that either.
Just like Wenger then :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-11-2012, 04:28 PM
GW Match reaction Threads :bow:

Letters
23-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Don't worry. You won't watch that either.

pwned, as the kids are saying.