PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal to make "Significant" announcement at Noon today...

LDG
23-11-2012, 09:26 AM
http://arseblog.com/

Seems as though we are set to make a major announcement today, perhaps kit / sponsorship deal.

I see this as one of our major handicaps when it comes to competing with the big boys, increasing our spending power, and paying larger wages (look at little Theo's eyes light up).

It could of course be another "Citroen" deal, but as they have a pressssy, it sounds a bit larger than that.

I always wondered, why, with all that cash on the table for furture sponsorship, why we weren't more ruthless with Nike and Emirates. I.e. "You know the size of deal we'll be getting in 2014, lets renegotiate now, and bring us back into line, or you can wave goodbye in a few years...."

Meh.

:popcorn:

LDG
23-11-2012, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes:

"significant"

Joker
23-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Even if the new commercial deals do increase the amount of money available for transfers, would Wenger spend it?

LDG
23-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Even if the new commercial deals do increase the amount of money available for transfers, would Wenger spend it?

Of course not :lol:

What it might do is level the playing field on wages slightly? Be easier for us to pay the board, the manager and players more money.

Of course, ticket prices will still increase too, so not all is lost :scarf:

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Maybe Theo has signed his deal.

For who?
Gazidarse "We have negotiated hard and maximised our return on investment and have sold Theo for a pie for Arshi and a bag of skips. Naturally he [Theo] has left for footballistic reasons and joined Man Utd, as they are not in the race for fourth we don't see this as selling to what you fans may see as a rival. Arshi has reported back the pie was okay but had better and the crisps are past their sell by date but that is not a reflection on my negotiating skills or attention to detail. There will be no time for questions."

Joker
23-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Of course not :lol:

What it might do is level the playing field on wages slightly? Be easier for us to pay the board, the manager and players more money.

Of course, ticket prices will still increase too, so not all is lost :scarf:

If it does make it easier for us to pay our best players more money that would beneficial, and it would help us compete with other clubs in the transfer market.

Ticket prices will still increase though you're right, the owners know demand is still high and they can afford to increase prices without taking a hit on revenues.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 09:56 AM

"significant"

Don't roll those eyes at me :coffee:

Globalgunner
23-11-2012, 09:57 AM
As reward for negotiating this significant kit deal . The Club are happy to announce a bump up of CEO Gazidis wages to 5m basic and a loyalty payment to Manager Arsene Wenger of 8m All academy kids will now be on 2kpw and reserves on 5kpw. End quote

LDG
23-11-2012, 10:00 AM
"To celebrate our new Kit deal, fans can now take advantage of a new offer, of pre-ordering whatever tat Puma come up with in two seasons, at an inflationary adjusted cut price of £75.00. You will also get a souvenir Cannon Dangley Earing when you order two kits for £152.00"

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Maybe Adidas will become our new kit manufacturer as has been rumoured this season?

Hope so.

Germans. :bow:

The Wengerbabies
23-11-2012, 10:03 AM
We're signing Becks :pray:

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Wenger has signed a new contract keeping him here until 2020?

LDG
23-11-2012, 10:04 AM
We're signing Becks :pray:

That is a good sponsorship deal, tbf.

Think of the amount of David Beckham kits we would sell.

We would have to change our colours to pink, and all players should have a mostache, but what the fuck. We're making MONEY!!! :woohoo:

IBK
23-11-2012, 10:05 AM
The worrying thing is that without player sales our supposedly fantastically run club would be making a loss. All I care about is whether any new sponsorship deal will mean that we don't have to flog the crown jewels every season. BTW do other clubs have press releases to announce commercial matters rather than football ones?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:06 AM
The worrying thing is that without player sales our supposedly fantastically run club would be making a loss. All I care about is whether any new sponsorship deal will mean that we don't have to flog the crown jewels every season. BTW do other clubs have press releases to announce commercial matters rather than football ones?

Who said we were doing this?

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Maybe Wenger confirming we're a successful club again:

"It is important as well to show that we can do it, with the way we do it, that is with the club in a good financial situation and with the players coming from our youth development," Wenger continued.

"I think there are many different ways to be successful and I am glad our way is one of them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20449786

LDG
23-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Charlie :rose:

Joker
23-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Who said we was doing this?

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/11/exclusive-arsenal-to-make-significant-commercial-announcement/

IBK's right, I don't think too many other clubs would make an announcement of this kind, but then our board are more strongly motivated by financial and economic considerations relative of the boards of other football clubs.

Letters
23-11-2012, 10:10 AM
We've signed up Chamakh on a new long term, 100k a week deal? :o

:ilt:

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Rosicky has signed a new contract until 2015 and when he returns from injury he'll be like a new signing?

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:13 AM
No, see below:

"It is a massive satisfaction. I am at times with my back to the wall, accused of not spending fortunes," he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20449786

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Maybe Adidas will become our new kit manufacturer as has been rumoured this season?

Hope so.

Germans. :bow:

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r/

Doubt we will change.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Wenger has signed a new contract keeping him here until 2020?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

Suicide gif, if you really want to see it.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Guffzardis 'In light of the world economy being in resession we have managed negotiate our sponsorship only being cut by 10%, naturally we will pass this on to our ticket prices to protect our level of bonuses and stabilise income. The Board welcomed my hard work to which I will get a statue of me in the urinals in the North Bank-with a plaque "same old Arsenal takin da piss!"'

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:19 AM
No, see below:

http://www.bbc.co.tk/sport/0/football/20449786 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20449786)

Whats wrong with that?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=Joker;223334]http://news.arseblog.com/2012/11/exclusive-arsenal-to-make-significant-commercial-anfouncemelt/

IBK's right, I don'T think voo many other clubs would make an announcement nf this kind, but then our board are more strongly motivated by financial and economic considerations relative of the boards of other football clubs.[/QWOTE]

Is this guy reliable.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 10:24 AM
[UUOTE=ItsMe;2233

The Wengerbabies
23-11-2012, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=Injury Time;223349]C) he thinks his Youth project is working (I hones

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Ie's proud we're successful without spending money. What's wrong with that?

a) We're nop successful
b) The fact(he likew not spending money means we'llnever improve

I'd say there's quite a lot wrong with it.

He never sai` that read the erticle `gain.

He said Spending

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:27 AM
C) he thinks jis Youth projecp is working (I honestly had to check the date of the article :bdink: )
Didn't spot that, are we still 2% away from domination though?

Joker
23-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Who Joker? Only when taking his medication. ;)

:lol:

Özim
23-11-2012, 10:29 AM
He never said that read the article again.

He said Spending fortunes and why should he. Don't see a problem wIth that. Jujst cause your boys Chelsea are happy to chuck 50 million at one player don't mean we should be happy too.

only you can twist things.
Read between the lines:

"It is a massive satisfaction. I am at time{ with my back to the wall, accused of not spending fortunes," he said.

"If youlook at how many teams jave dond that il Europe, you will find very few and that shows it is not easy."

The fact he e6en mentions spejding suggests that's part of his strategy, he's

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 10:31 AM
u) he's a wanker

Joker
23-11-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think any supporter has asked him to spgnd fortunes, he's misrepresenting fans' opinions again.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:34 AM
QUOTE=ItsMe;223358]Read between the linms:

The fact he even mentions

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:39 AM
ffs does every thread have to descend to petty bickering?

How about keeping it on topic for once?

Sorry GP

Letters
23-11-2012, 10:44 AM
a) We're not successful
Your definition of 'success' is very simplistic.

V-Pig
23-11-2012, 10:44 AM
GP's the new Maccy.

GP
23-11-2012, 10:45 AM
GP's the new Maccy.

I wish! :(

IBK
23-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I used to feel happy that our club was being run in a commercially responsible manner. But its difficult to escape the conclusion that this is now the overwhelming priority, and that football is an increasingly distant second. It is a bit sad, in a way, that we are having a press conference to announce a commercial deal, as it a) underlines the first priority, and b) suggests that the club thinks that fans care.

Ollie the Optimist
23-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I used to feel happy that our club was being run in a commercially responsible manner. But its difficult to escape the conclusion that this is now the overwhelming priority, and that football is an increasingly distant second. It is a bit sad, in a way, that we are having a press conference to announce a commercial deal, as it a) underlines the first priority, and b) suggests that the club thinks that fans care.

i actually think the fans do care about this, to an extent that a press conference is needed. we have heard for years now about ffp, how these 2014 deals will take us back to the top, so the fans are interested to hear what these deals are because we have been told they are the ones to help win stuff again and pay the players what we want so there is fan interest.

however the press conference could also be asked for by the sponsor because they want maximum publicity

Özim
23-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Your definition of 'success' is very simplistic.
Depends how you look at it I guess, I don't consider 4th place for a club like ours as "success" and I don't think we should either.

In it's simplest form however success is winning trophies.

Ollie the Optimist
its a five year 150million deal. so thats 30 million a year for shirt sponsorship. have to say, well done gazidas

Ollie the Optimist
also stadium naming rights to 2029

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 11:39 AM

other clubs celebrate when they unveil new players

our club celebrates when we unveil new commercial deals

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 11:39 AM
£150 milion apparently. Loadsamoney!

http://www.arsenal.com/newemiratesdeal

Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal

Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing international airlines, and Arsenal Football Club have today announced a new £150 million deal which grants the airline a five-year extension to their shirt partnership with the Club until the end of the 2018/2019 season.

As well as being one of the biggest deals ever struck in the game, the agreement, worth £30 million a year for five years, extends and deepens one of the strongest and most recognisable partnerships in sport.

The new agreement was formally concluded today at Emirates Stadium by Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis and Emirates divisional senior vice-president, corporate communications, Boutros Boutros.

"This is an exciting day for Arsenal Football Club and all our supporters," said Ivan Gazidis. "This agreement is a testimony to Arsenal’s approach and to the capabilities we have developed in recent years as well as the strength of our partnership with Emirates.

“The original deal with Emirates was a key facilitator of our move from Highbury and this next phase of our relationship will be just as critical to keep us at the top of the game in England and Europe.

“Emirates is the perfect partner for Arsenal and we are delighted to have agreed a new partnership. Emirates is a world-class brand and by flying to more than 120 destinations across six continents has a truly global reach. This reach will play an important role in our own ambitions to further extend the depth of our following around the world. The fact this partnership will continue for many years to come underlines how much both organisations value and benefit from the relationship.”

As part of the deal Arsenal’s home will continue to be known as Emirates Stadium up to 2028.

The Emirates brand will also continue appearing on the front of Arsenal’s playing and training kits and the new agreement contains a number of marketing rights, which come into effect immediately, to ensure Emirates can engage with Arsenal fans in the UK and abroad.

"Arsenal’s strong appeal around the globe and ambitious approach to the game parallel our own approach to business, making them a valuable partner for our brand," said His Highness (HH) Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman and chief executive, Emirates Airline and Group.

"We continue to see immeasurable value in our global sports sponsorships and our sponsorship with Arsenal is no different. The Club has been an important enabler of the growth of our business over the last decade and we are confident this will continue as part of our extended deal.

“This partnership remains a perfect combination of two truly global brands. Through our global network and carefully-selected sports sponsorships Emirates is able to unite and engage fans, and coupled with Arsenal’s worldwide fan following this makes for a strong match,” added HH Sheikh Ahmed.

As part of the partnership agreement the Arsenal soccer school in Dubai, which launched in 2010, will also continue. Since the school opened more than 4,000 youngsters have trained there and are often visited during the term by Arsenal’s first-team players.

Emirates first signed its sponsorship agreement with Arsenal in 2004, providing the airline with naming rights to the stadium until 2021 and a shirt sponsorship that began in the 2006/07 season.

Aside from European football club sponsorships, Emirates is also an Official Partner of the FIFA World Cup™, the Official Airline of a number of golf tournaments internationally and supports a range of high-profile horse racing, tennis, rugby, sailing and cricket events across the globe.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 11:41 AM
where has our O2 gone?

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 11:42 AM
We should celebrate by spending 40m on Falcao. #justsayin

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 11:44 AM
@walid
Arsenal agree £30m p/a deal with Emirates for 5 years. Add approximate £70m from TV, the club will bring in atleast £100m /season from 2014
@tariq
Emirates previous agreement was worth £5.5m a season. New deal worth £30m a season

Letters
23-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Add the ticket price rise and we'll be loaded :bow:

And by 'we' I mean 'the board'.

<_<

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 11:46 AM
@tariq
Arsenal's agreement with Emirates also extends stadium rights to 2028. No break down between shirt and stadium

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 11:47 AM
@michael
Only Man U's deal with Chevrolet worth around £51m pa, which commences next season, is bigger than Arsenal's deal with Emirates.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 11:50 AM
11 mins to go...what's it going to be....oh right nice lack of spoilers GW ruining exclusives since 2005:(

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Isn't that a bit crap? If they've extended the stadium naming rights as part of it?

IBK
23-11-2012, 11:51 AM
i actually think the fans do care about this, to an extent that a press conference is needed. we have heard for years now about ffp, how these 2014 deals will take us back to the top, so the fans are interested to hear what these deals are because we have been told they are the ones to help win stuff again and pay the players what we want so there is fan interest.

however the press conference could also be asked for by the sponsor because they want maximum publicity

The latter - I agree - may well be part of the sponsorship deal. The former - I don't think fans really give a monkeys whats happening in the boardroom. Its only at Arsenal where the boardroom is really in the public consciousness (unless clubs are insolvent). What fans care about is what's happening on the pitch. Its the club that is trying to brainwash us into thinking that corporate management should be something to applaud.

As for selling us the future - I would say that we have all been fed this until we are sick of it. Any antipathy to this press conference will be as a result of this - it really does seem (again) that this is the latest 'jam tomorrow' move on the club's part. We might start believing it if we stop selling our best players. Until then, the jury is definitely out.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-11-2012, 11:52 AM
@michael
Only Man U's deal with Chevrolet worth around £51m pa, which commences next season, is bigger than Arsenal's deal with Emirates.
Not as simple as that though, surely, if they've included naming rights in that figure? The headline will say it's £150m over 5 years, but it isn't, really.

Still, if it's better than the deal you currently have and with adidas possibly to come.

Özim
23-11-2012, 11:52 AM
What do you reckon PHW and co will buy, a new multi million pound yacht? A luxury house abroad? Some luxury/fast cars? Maybe they'll give Wenger a 3 million pound a year rise so that his salary looks a little more reasonable.

The options are endless now they're even more loaded than before...happy days :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 11:53 AM
IT, it's not our fault Arsenal.com can't keep to time.

Also, just enough of a spark for us transfer muppets to come to the fore in January. :bow:

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Isn't that a bit crap? If they've extended the stadium naming rights as part of it?

I reckon the bulk of that 150m is on the stadium and only small portion on the shirt. Having a stadium named after their brand is more valuable to Emirates I would have thought.

Ollie the Optimist
23-11-2012, 11:55 AM

or could be brilliant as it keeps emirates with us, and gives them a reason to stay past the five year deal. if we do well, they get advertising etc and want to stay with us, so we get a better shirt deal in five years time. however if they dont, well we have 150 million for five years and get a better deal in the next renewal with someone else

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 11:56 AM
£150 milion apparently. Loadsamoney!

http://www.arsenal.com/newemiratesdeal

Good deal, now time to splash that cash boys.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 11:57 AM
@tariq
Arsenal's agreement with Emirates also extends stadium rights to 2028. No break down between shirt and stadium

So deal is £150m for 5 yr shirt, 15 years stadium hmm still not in manures league in real terms is it?

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh well I'm sure it will make all the difference to our investment in players....

GP
23-11-2012, 12:00 PM
@michael

That Chevrolet deal is hilarious. The guy who authorised it must have been a Man U fan.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:01 PM
where has our O2 gone?

No where its still in Greenwich :coffee:

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I reckon the bulk of that 150m is on the stadium and only small portion on the shirt. Having a stadium named after their brand is more valuable to Emirates I would have thought.

I would have assumed so too but don't know. Arsenal.com have just stuck one throwaway sentence in the middle about the stadium name. It's a pretty big thing and seems like they've got quite a mediocre deal.

LDG
Worrying that we're now tied in at 30m a year for the shirt deal until 2019.

This is where we get gazumped again :lol:

"Utd agree new 150m per year shirt deal with Apple!"

Gazidis "We cannot compete with Apple"

****s.

Wenger out!

Olivier's xmas twist
Oh well I'm sure it will make all the difference to our investment in players....

£20 mill bids for Zimm/Ach and Joker?

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 12:06 PM
That said, it's a lot of money, and better than right now.

IBK
23-11-2012, 12:09 PM
It does include stadium naming rights. Its a good deal by our standards - not by those of Manure and Citeh - but then again we have won nothing for 7/8 years so we can't expect to match those rivals. We are talking 2014 though, remember...jam tomorrow.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Kroenke's ROI, nothing more, nothing less. This means the club can continue to press forward on the financial front even if we don't qualify for the CL each year. The deal transforms CL participation from a necessity to a profit centre.

GP
23-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Worrying that we're now tied in at 30m a year for the shirt deal until 2019.

This is where we get gazumped again :lol:

"Utd agree new 150m per year shirt deal with Apple!"

Gazidis "We cannot compete with Apple"

****s.

Wenger out!

:shrug:

It's £30m/season up from £5m. Sounds good to me.

GP
23-11-2012, 12:11 PM
It does include stadium naming rights. Its a good deal by our standards - not by those of Manure and Citeh

Man Utd Chevrolet deal got the guy who agreed it fired, and Citeh just sponsor themselves.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:11 PM
What do you reckon PHW and co will buy, a new multi million pound yacht? A luxury house abroad? Some luxury/fast cars? Maybe they'll give Wenger a 3 million pound a year rise so that his salary looks a little more reasonable.

The options are endless now they're even more loaded than before...happy days :lol:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2011/4/11/1302554119876/Stan-Kroenke-Arsenal-007.jpg

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:12 PM
:shrug:

It's £30m/season up from £5m. Sounds good to me.

Just playing Devils Ach-vocate :ninja:

#Decent deal. Certainly not to be sniffed at. Hopefully for the good of the club, as apposed to the good of the fat cats though.

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Gazidis. :bow:

Yank geeks. :bow:

Falcao. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Married with the increased TV deals...

Party time at PHW's mansion. :bow:

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:18 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2011/4/11/1302554119876/Stan-Kroenke-Arsenal-007.jpg

Someone needs to merge Kronke/Wenger in photoshop.

Wenger with a Handlebar tash :bow:

Özim
23-11-2012, 12:19 PM
£20 mill bids for Zimm/Ach and Joker?
Interesting, look what I found:

Zim Vows to Never play for Wenger

Zimm defiantly declared "I'll never play under Wenger" last night as rumours surfaced of a possible 20 million pound move for the talented poster.

When asked what he thought about the rumours yesterday, he declared "It's probably bullsh*t to be honest" he continued by saying "I'd never play under Wenger anyway, he's clueless, tactically inept, never changes anything and sells all his best players"

Arsenal remain hopeful a deal can be concluded, when asked Wenger commented "There's no deal in place at the moment, but we're still confident it can happen" he smiled and added "There is no news on transfers at the moment, when there is you will be the first to know"

The club were said to have been seen turning up at Zimm's house last night in an effort to agree a deal and it's rumoured Zimm told them "Go home and tell Peter Hill-Wood I don't like his sort"

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:20 PM

I would like to be interested in his affairs :bow:

Sniffing cocaine off a buxom blondes tits :bow:

susanalbumparty :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 12:21 PM

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97967277.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5DFABFAE74B75E31C 778E52D2E5C62E85CA6888AFE79B7F2E

Like a boss

GP
23-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Arsenal have agreed with Emirates to bring payments forward so additional money is available to invest this year

Kano
23-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Arsenal have agreed with Emirates to bring payments forward so additional money is available to invest this year
lol

Özim
23-11-2012, 12:26 PM
lol
Rofl, that's like believing in the tooth fairy!

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 12:27 PM

http://static.sport360.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_image/Falcao-2.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:27 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97967277.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5DFABFAE74B75E31C 778E52D2E5C62E85CA6888AFE79B7F2E

Like a boss

:lol: what a wanker

who wears a coat underneath a jacket

IBK
23-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Interesting...wonder whether we will invest in anything other than increased deals for Santos and Chamakh?

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:28 PM

:dance:

##

"Wenger 100mil warchest" say skysports

"Arsenal set to splash the cash" say The Sun

"Little bit mega matress money" says Wenger

"Arsene can spend what he likes, and what he doesn't spend we'll spend on hookers and cocaine" says PHW

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:29 PM

http://www.setanta.com/Global/Images/sport/football/2011-2012/Premier%20League/Arsenal/Arsene%20Wenger/WengerArsene_Smiles.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Rofl, that's like believing in the tooth fairy!

http://studiocut.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/toothfairy.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:30 PM
:dance:

##

"Wenger 100mil warchest" say skysports

"Arsenal set to splash the cash" say The Sun

"Little bit mega matress money" says Wenger

"Arsene can spend what he likes, and what he doesn't spend we'll spend on hookers and cocaine" says PHW

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Interesting, look what I found:

Meh there's always Letters, much better anyways.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:32 PM

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/aznpaolo234/opmisc.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Arsenal :bow:

Özim
23-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:34 PM

Disgusting how LDG is treated on here :coffee:

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Only when I post as VDgreg :sulk:

Özil's Panoramic View
23-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Disguting how you flog that phrase and smiley half to death on here.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:40 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

http://i.imgur.com/ViY7j.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ziwsLUPc1qcv5b8.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:41 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/35d21cgjpg.gif

LDG
23-11-2012, 12:41 PM

Disgusting how Rkane is treated on here :sulk:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:42 PM

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/97ae67a498150faaa3792c01857cb5ef23cdc1f1/687474703a2f2f6172656e746569707972676f752e66696c65 732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031322f30392f31 3030307835303070782d6c6c2d62326664623661635f6c6f7a 67725f6769665f636f6c6c656374696f6e5f6f665f736f6d65 6f6e655f656174696e675f706f70636f726e2e67696623706f 70636f726e2532306669676874253230676966253230333630 78323430/http://arenteipyrgou.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_po pcorn.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/jacksrealwife/1276582986037.gif

Olivier's xmas twist

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhIK1mbB1KZyHdqD1M3FXW8rZBdNzu3 pjo15iPjjfJIVVzblTF

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:43 PM
SWAYR :rose:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:43 PM

http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/default/files/best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:44 PM

http://wtfpalace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Gj16q1.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Eboue :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:45 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-13Pvce6JRss/UGNh_lLtYSI/AAAAAAAADQ4/rjgT_sYjKd8/s1600/mark-henry-finger.gif

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 12:47 PM
thank you and goodnight.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 12:47 PM
GW meltdowns :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
23-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 12:53 PM

Disguting ftw

Dennis Bendtner
23-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Looking again on the twitter heroes' accounts, it does seem like the kit deal takes precedence and there is generally little to be gained from stadium naming. That does surprise me but it's a general trend. So accounting for that, it seems they've done well and comparisons with the idiots at Chevrolet and Man Utd, and the laughable fixed deal City have are unfair. A good deal with Nike or Adidas will probably happen too.

Syn
23-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm sure some people will act as if we've just picked up an extra, unexpected £25m a year from nothing. Do you think we didn't know we would get this money when we were deciding to hand Van Persie to Man Utd? We were always going to get a big increase in sponsorship revenues. You're not waiting for it. For a company the size of Arsenal's, you know the money is coming. And that doesn't mean you can't spend today. And, more to the point, it doesn't mean we couldn't spend yesterday. The club would've done well to keep this under the radar and not make a big fuss about it - fans will be expecting things they won't deliver.

LDG
23-11-2012, 01:10 PM
2nd highest ever legit sponsorship deal apparently.

#justsayin

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 01:15 PM
We've announced a front loaded sponsorship deal in the region we already expected? What's the big deal? We knew this was going to happen, that's the whole point of Kroenke being here. We've already sold the best striker in the business, everyone involved in that saga must have known the sponsorship deals were on the way - they don't get negotiated overnight unless you are man city. So this all means shit in terms of the team. We wouldn't dump RvC if we had any intention of spending big on the team. We had a chance to do that and we went the other way. To bring in a big name now would cost us more than simply paying RvC and we'd end up with less. Nothing to be excited about here, it's just the latest plank in Kroenke's investment plan.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm sure some people will act as if we've just picked up an extra, unexpected £25m a year from nothing. Do you think we didn't know we would get this money when we were deciding to hand Van Persie to Man Utd? We were always going to get a big increase in sponsorship revenues. You're not waiting for it. For a company the size of Arsenal's, you know the money is coming. And that doesn't mean you can't spend today. And, more to the point, it doesn't mean we couldn't spend yesterday. The club would've done well to keep this under the radar and not make a big fuss about it - fans will be expecting things they won't deliver.

Snap. First thing that sprung to mind. Judge them by their deeds not their words.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Does this deal include training kits? So Emirates would be the whole shebang; shirt, training and stadium.

If it does then I imagine Liverpool won't be far behind in getting them as well. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why I said 'shebang'.

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:16 PM
2nd highest ever legit sponsorship deal apparently.

#justsayin
Sponsorship, it's the new success :trophy:

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:18 PM
We've announced a front loaded sponsorship deal in the region we already expected? What's the big deal? We knew this was going to happen, that's the whole point of Kroenke being here. We've already sold the best striker in the business, everyone involved in that saga must have known the sponsorship deals were on the way - they don't get negotiated overnight unless you are man city. So this all means shit in terms of the team. We wouldn't dump RvC if we had any intention of spending big on the team. We had a chance to do that and we went the other way. To bring in a big name now would cost us more than simply paying RvC and we'd end up with less. Nothing to be excited about here, it's just the latest plank in Kroenke's investment plan.
What's the big deal, what's the big deal?

Well this convinces some people that we're ready to spend big, so all is good, Wenger has seen the light, the board are ready to build a world class team for a world class stadium....looks like the 2% may be just around the corner boys!!!

Exciting times!!!

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Does this deal include training kits? So Emirates would be the whole shebang; shirt, training and stadium.

If it does then I imagine Liverpool won't be far behind in getting them as well. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why I said 'shebang'.

shebang is much better than hebang, I think you did okay there.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Sponsorship, it's the new success :trophy:

http://i.imgur.com/MtkdN.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 01:20 PM
What's the big deal, what's the big deal?

Well this convinces some people that we're ready to spend big, so all is good, Wenger has seen the light, the board are ready to build a world class team for a world class stadium....looks like the 2% may be just around the corner boys!!!

Exciting times!!!

Where did anyone say that. Might not be a big deal to you, but is a better deal the club has/had.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought the significant announcement was going to be Diaby is fit.

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Where did anyone say that.
I suggest the below posted by someone might point to this, people don't have to literally say it to believe it:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I suggest the below posted by someone might point to this, people don't have to literally say it to believe it:

Points to nothing, its a qoute GP posted, no one said of the back of that we would spend big or spend at all. Well on here anyway.

Fans will be more wary till we spend.

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Points to nothing, its a qoute GP posted, no one said of the back of that we would spend big or spend at all.
Stop denying the obvious, why the hell would someone have posted this otherwise???

You would only post that if you believed Arsenal were going to spend significantly more than before, unless you were making a joke of it which the poster didn't.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Stop denying the obvious, why the hell would someone posted otherwise???

Ask him.

He was only posted what was quoted from this whole story.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 01:28 PM
I thought the significant announcement was going to be Diaby is fit.

3-4 weeks away (on Arsenal.cum pre-match injury blah blah)

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Ask him.

He was only posted what was quoted from this whole story.
I don't need to, I already know as does everyone else.

He picked that bit out, when you pick a part out there's a reason.

Özim
23-11-2012, 01:30 PM
3-4 weeks away (on Arsenal.cum pre-match injury blah blah)
Yeah he'll be like a new signing.

So if we get Henry, Rosicky and Diaby that's 3 new signings in January, how many clubs do that?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 01:32 PM

It was a tweet from David Ornstein quoting IG I think. Either way, it really doesn't matter - it is a key point to mention.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 01:34 PM

No he posted a quote in what not in the Orginal place it came from somewhere else.

Its no diffrent to Anyone posting an article in the Jan thread about us signing someone. Don't mean its believed we will do it.

Kano
23-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Stop denying the obvious, why the hell would someone have posted this otherwise???

You would only post that if you believed Arsenal were going to spend significantly more than before, unless you were making a joke of it which the poster didn't.
who cares what anyone believes. unless you are just looking to jump onto someone to kick it off.

GP
23-11-2012, 01:47 PM
who cares what anyone believes. unless you are just looking to jump onto someone to kick it off.

Though it is quite funny how people get sand in their vaginas over a simple quote.

LDG
23-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Though it is quite funny how people get sand in their vaginas over a simple quote.

Getting in a flap :bow:

LDG
23-11-2012, 02:08 PM
"The deal is all about football. It is all about giving us the resources in what we believe is a responsible and well managed way, to be able to invest in what we put onto the pitch for our fans.

"We have been able to talk to Emirates about the payment terms and bring some of them forwards, so that we will have additional money in this financial year which will be able to invest in the summer.

"Those decisions on investment are made by our manager, and he has done an outstanding job of managing the resources of the club over time, and we expect that to continue, but he will have more resources available."

Gazidis :bow:

I don't know about you, but I believe every word!

Letters
23-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I believed the word "The"

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-11-2012, 02:12 PM
shebang is much better than hebang, I think you did okay there.

Well I can't argue with that.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2012, 02:13 PM
"...bring some of them forwards"? I can't possibly see how he is talking about anyone other than Falcao.

Kano
it's all in the last line.

"decisions on investment are made by or manager" "outstanding job of managing the resources" "we expect that to continue"

it's like having some really hot girl on your arm but never drilling through her

Marc Overmars
Gazidis :bow:

I don't know about you, but I believe every word!

Gazidis. :bow:

Always rated him.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 02:14 PM
"...bring some of them forwards"? I can't possibly see how he is talking about anyone other than Falcao.

RF month. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
23-11-2012, 02:16 PM
jsut seen a point made by someone, that its hard to sell the stadium naming rights to anyone bar emirates because it is known as the emirates stadium and has been since the begining. would be hard to change, so it really is a 150 million shirt deal beacuse of that.

i dint like the emirates name to begin with, however after 8 years i have got used to it and cant imagine it being anything else because htats what it has always been known as

Özim
23-11-2012, 02:19 PM
No he posted a quote in what not in the Orginal place it came from somewhere else.

Its no diffrent to Anyone posting an article in the Jan thread about us signing someone. Don't mean its believed we will do it.
It's completely different, I did it earlier, picking out bits of the article I was focussing on.

Özim
23-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't, Charlie picked up on something I mentioned and wouldn't leave as usual.

dazthegooner
23-11-2012, 02:20 PM
jsut seen a point made by someone, that its hard to sell the stadium naming rights to anyone bar emirates because it is known as the emirates stadium and has been since the begining. would be hard to change, so it really is a 150 million shirt deal beacuse of that.

i dint like the emirates name to begin with, however after 8 years i have got used to it and cant imagine it being anything else because htats what it has always been known as

Excuse me young man to me it is and always will be Ashburton grove so ner :sulk: :;

Ollie the Optimist
23-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Excuse me young man to me it is and always will be Ashburton grove so ner :sulk: :;

serious point htough, as we saw with saint james park, it wont be called the sports direct arena because its known as only one thing and that will be the same as the emirates, after 15 years (i believe that was teh orginal naming rights agreement) you wont be able to help yourself but call it the emirates so the sponsors will pay lots of money but not get that much attention, like with newcastle,

LDG
23-11-2012, 02:25 PM

I'd quite happily pay a few hundred quid for it to be named "The LDG Stadium of Awlsome"

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Goonersweb Arena. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 02:30 PM
"We have been able to talk to Emirates about the payment terms and bring some of them forwards, so that we will have additional money in this financial year which will be able to invest in the summer.

Always got to read very carefully when these guys make a statement.

"invest in the summer"

So no business in the January window then, except the sale of Walcott. Again, predictable. I look forward to their next holding operation come May/ June. It could even be along the lines of "Stan ready to invest big bucks in Arsenal...", they haven't tried that one yet.

dazthegooner
23-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Fantastic name... And renaming the road 'Letters Lane'

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd quite happily pay a few hundred quid for it to be named "The LDG Stadium of Awlsome"

In honour of our American owner, how about the Rape Dome?

GP
23-11-2012, 02:34 PM
In honour of our American owner, how about the Rape Dome?

Rape isn't funny!

Özil's Panoramic View
23-11-2012, 02:36 PM
How about Dracula's Lair?

LDG
23-11-2012, 03:01 PM
WUMger Park :bow:

GP
23-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Jimmy Savile's Toy Shop :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 04:12 PM
It's completely different, I did it earlier, picking out bits of the article I was focussing on.

Well know. This was a seperate quote from twitter, not something he highlighted from the article.

GP don't believe it, i don't believe it you don't believe it don't see the problem tbh.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 04:12 PM
I can't help getting the feeling some fans aren't excited by this announcement.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 04:23 PM

serious point htough, as we saw with saint james park, it wont be called the sports direct arena because its known as only one thing and that will be the same as the emirates, after 15 years (i believe that was teh orginal naming rights agreement) you wont be able to help yourself but call it the emirates so the sponsors will pay lots of money but not get that much attention, like with newcastle,

What happend to that did it not go ahead then?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 04:43 PM
it's all in the last line.

"decisions on investment are made by or manager" "outstanding job of managing the resources" "we expect that to continue"

it's like having some really hot girl on your arm but never drilling through her

Dpends if you believe everything Ivan says.

The Wengerbabies
23-11-2012, 05:07 PM
What was the big announcement then?

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 05:09 PM
What was the big announcement then?

The shareholders have bagged themselves 150 mill over five years front loaded. They issued a statement thanking the fans for our interest in their affairs.

fakeyank
23-11-2012, 05:23 PM
VE VILL VIN BPL 2014-2015

selassie
23-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I can't help getting the feeling some fans aren't excited by this announcement.

well we probably wont invest in the team...wenger will come out with some mumbo jumbo about respecting financial equality & the global financial market & then sell off our stars.

Happy Days!

milla
23-11-2012, 05:59 PM
@michael

LOL that is in USD, biggest sponsor deal is Barcelona with Qatar, nearly EUR 40 millions.

But yes, our shirt deal is still shit compare to Barcelona and ManU, the latter actually got Chevrolet to pay for paying kit and other sponsor for training kit. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2012, 07:08 PM
well we probably wont invest in the team...wenger will come out with some mumbo jumbo about respecting financial equality & the global financial market & then sell off our stars.

Happy Days!

I can't help getting the feeling I was being sarcastic.

Grebbo
23-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I think it's a very good deal tbh. The best we could ever hope to get. Arsenal are on a serious decline and wont qualify for the Champs Lge for the next 15 years like we have for the past 15 years.

Be interesting to see what our shirt manufacturer will pay. We need to try and get close to Liverpool's deal with Warrior.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't think we can expect to get close to what Liverpool have with Warrior because the only Football kit Warrior make as far as I'm aware is Liverpool's, so there's a bit of exclusivity involved and I doubt Nike or Adidas would plough out that much just for us when they have many other clubs as well.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, with them trying to break into the football market we're somewhat of a showcase and experiment, and it's a plus that they're ultimately owned by New Balance so not totally a back street operation. Although I think they're sponsoring Sevilla as well within the next year or two. It's nice to not have a template for once though, the same as half a dozen other clubs, even if the away and third kits are an... acquired taste.

I think I'm right in saying that with our deal we as a club have total control over other merchandising, unlike with Nike and Adidas who tend to take a cut of any profits and have other restrictions such as setting up club shops abroad. But obviously it will be easier to sell more established brands, and Adidas will be desperate to have another top club seeing as Nike have Manchester sewn up for the foreseeable future.

As a comparison ours is £25m a season for 6 years, compared to the £12m we previously had. I wouldn't be surprised if you got £20m-odd+.

Özim
23-11-2012, 09:32 PM
When no f*cker is watching Arsenal anymore as Wenger has bored them to death they'll regret this :lol:

Grebbo
23-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I agree that we wont get what Warrior paid Liverpool but that's the kind of level we should be aiming for. Chelsea/Manure are on another level.

I think Adidas will throw us some bucks seeing as they only have Chelsea and no longer have Pool.

Roll on 2014.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree that we wont get what Warrior paid Liverpool but that's the kind of level we should be aiming for. Chelsea/Manure are on another level.

I think Adidas will throw us some bucks seeing as they only have Chelsea and no longer have Pool.

Roll on 2014.

Yep.

When no f*cker is watching Arsenal anymore as Wenger has bored them to death they'll regret this :lol:

Fans will still go to games, the club are not stupid. Neither are the people who did the deal.

Gervinho's Forehead
23-11-2012, 11:17 PM
The club should sell stronger alcohol so when the fans are bored at half time they (I) can just get pissed up and then they'll (I'll) enjoy the game no matter what.

Kano
23-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Yep.

Fans will still go to games, the club are not stupid. Neither are the people who did the deal.

nor the fans.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 11:23 PM
nor the fans.

No, but they will still go to games or am i wrong?

Gervinho's Forehead
23-11-2012, 11:29 PM
No, but they will still go to games or am i wrong?

Yeah I probably will.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 09:30 AM

goonersweb :lol:

what newly married, 4 ft cave stricken former virgin came up with such a terrible name :lol:

milla
24-11-2012, 09:34 AM

what newly married, 4 ft cave stricken former virgin came up with such a terrible name :lol:

Master Splinter
24-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Did we finally sign Kalou?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 09:50 AM
balou :lol:

the EDL had a point tbf.

have we signed trabelsi yet?

GP
24-11-2012, 11:19 AM

It was Joel.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 11:47 AM
impressive.

makes the forum then disappears.

he knew.

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 05:58 PM
More money for the board/Wenger

yay

Nothing news

On we go as expected

Ollie the Optimist
26-11-2012, 02:12 PM
the board have constantly released stories this year saying we have money, rumours of a 35/40 million war chest for january etc. however as someone pointed out today, if we have all this money in the bank, why did they make sure we get money up front from this deal for spending in the summer as they keep saying we have money.

someones lying, and i dont think its wenger

GP
26-11-2012, 02:14 PM
the board have constantly released stories this year saying we have money, rumours of a 35/40 million war chest for january etc. however as someone pointed out today, if we have all this money in the bank, why did they make sure we get money up front from this deal for spending in the summer as they keep saying we have money.

Who the fuck even knows any more?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Spot on.

Marc Overmars
26-11-2012, 02:18 PM

They want the money upfront so they don't need to sell anyone to make the figures look good.

Also, what GP said.

Gervinho's Forehead
26-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Who cares anymore. We just can't compete financially with the likes of Aston villa, Norwich and fulham so it won't make much difference whatever amount we have.

Ollie the Optimist
26-11-2012, 02:29 PM

true, after reading that though it does imply we dont have the money, and need it now to spend on transfers so the board have lied

Kano
26-11-2012, 02:34 PM

for two years running the ceo has sat next to wenger at our agm and said we have money to spend. money in reserve for the manager.

there is no grey area anymore. we have money.

the confusion is spread into other areas of contracts, players etc now.

Marc Overmars
26-11-2012, 02:39 PM
If that's the case I'd question why a man as principled as Wenger would work under such a regime, his love for the club should only go so far. If his employers have handicapped him and are lying in public about an issue which makes him look like the perpetrator, then it's shame he's allowed himself to become such a doormat.

Of course, this is not the case though because the board haven't "lied". :rolleyes:

Kano
26-11-2012, 02:43 PM
If that's the case I'd question why a man as principled as Wenger would work under such a regime, his love for the club should only go so far. If his employers have handicapped him and are lying in public about an issue which makes him look like the perpetrator, then it's shame he's allowed himself to become such a doormat.
but if he's involved, which he is, then there is no handicapping of him. he has spasticated himself and he is happy to buy from the mid-range and do it his way, in the hope he can shove it all back in our faces should it work out.

Marc Overmars
26-11-2012, 02:48 PM
but if he's involved, which he is, then there is no handicapping of him. he has spasticated himself and he is happy to buy from the mid-range and do it his way, in the hope he can shove it all back in our faces should it work out.

Yeah I'd say that's close to the truth, whatever the truth actually is. The only thing the board continually say in public is that Wenger has never been denied funds and a certain amount is always available to him, I don't see any reason to disbelieve that. What we have is a manager who has spoken candidly about financial doping and taken a degree of satisfaction from doing things his way.

Stingy board + principled manager = perfect match.

Fist of Lehmann
26-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Who cares anymore. We just can't compete financially with the likes of Aston villa, Norwich and fulham so it won't make much difference whatever amount we have.

You think Aston Villa, Norwich and Fulham will finish above us?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 04:04 PM
for two years running the ceo has sat next to wenger at our agm and said we have money to spend. money in reserve for the manager.

there is no grey area anymore. we have money.

the confusion is spread into other areas of contracts, players etc now.

Its easy to tell the fans what they want to here. Ivan chats rubbish has from the day he walked in so why should this be any diffrent.

AW is not going to come out in the middle of the AGM and say "No we don't have money he/she is lying. Its hard to know who is telling the truth because they all talk rubbish.

Kano
26-11-2012, 04:36 PM
its one thing to be contradicted a few weeks or days later but i don't think we are stupid enough to believe wenger would sit there and swallow that, especially as he is supposedly the man in charge and so influential to the board etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 04:42 PM
its one thing to be contradicted a few weeks or days later but i don't think we are stupid enough to believe wenger would sit there and swallow that, especially as he is supposedly the man in charge and so influential to the board etc.

Like i said who knows what to believe with this lot all chat the same rubbish.

Özim
26-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Its easy to tell the fans what they want to here. Ivan chats rubbish has from the day he walked in so why should this be any diffrent.

AW is not going to come out in the middle of the AGM and say "No we don't have money he/she is lying. Its hard to know who is telling the truth because they all talk rubbish.Let's not kid ourselves, Arsene is a proven BS expert, look at his post match interviews, the "I did not see it comments", the lies about players not going when it's clear they are.

It's hard to believe much of what he says, he doesn't need defending, he gets a healthy slice of the pie and is more than happy where he is, if he wasn't he'd walk away and find another club. He's certainly no victim in this.

He's very frugal with money, we've seen this many times with his purchases and the kind of players he goes for, rather than bring in one or two quality players he buys 3-4 unknowns, that's what he likes to do. He's also always preaching about economics and buying players at the right price etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, Arsene is a proven BS expert, look at his post match interviews, the "I did not see it comments", the lies about players not going when it's clear they are.

It's hard to believe much of what he says.

Well he is not going to say yep im going to sell then etc its not his way. If people are dumb if enough to believe it more fool them.

My point is they all chat rubbish not just him, you say PHW and Ivan chat shit all the time or is that when it suits your argument.

Im not saying AW is telling truth. Im saying its hard to know what the truth is. No one really knows.

Özim
26-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Well he is not going to say yep im going to sell then etc its not his way. If people are dumb if enough to believe it more fool them.

My point is they all chat rubbish not just him, you say PHW and Ivan chat shit all the time or is that when it suits your argument.

Im not saying AW is telling truth. Im saying its hard to know what the truth is. No one really knows.
Maybe they do, but just look at the way he spends the money and his policy and comments about other clubs, it all points to a manager who doesn't believe in spending.

His hands are not tied IMO, the way the club is at the moment suits his philosophy to a t.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe they do, but just look at the way he spends the money and his policy and comments about other clubs, it all points to a manager who doesn't believe in spending.

His hands are not tied IMO, the way the club is at the moment suits his philosophy to a t.

Not sure what that has to do with anything all managers have a go at other clubs. Like i said So much BS has been spouted im not going to sperate AW and the board from each other.

I don't believe in the 1st 2 years we moved in the ground we have that much money to spend. Its only in the last few years there seems to be this war chest we have that is never seen or spent. But who knows.

Özim
26-11-2012, 05:26 PM
The old "If you've gave me 100 million to spend, I'd give it back" comment tells you all you need to know about the man, noone forced him to say that, he came out with it of his own accord and this just shows the guy doesn't want to spend money, his philosophy is based around finding unknown players and turning them into top players, he's often cited bringing in players unsettling (or "killing" as he put it) his younger players, he also talks about his youth policy as if it's been a great success....for years he's basically wanted to build a team from kids and unknows and make it succeed, that's what he wants to do and spending money doesn't fit into that policy.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 05:27 PM
The old "If you've gave me 100 million to spend, I'd give it back" comment tells you all you need to know about the man, noone forced him to say that, he came out with it of his own accord and this just shows the guy doesn't want to spend money, his philosophy is based around finding unknown players and turning them into top players, he's often cited bringing in players unsettling (or "killing" as he put it) his younger players, he also talks about his youth policy as if it's been a great success....for years he's basically wanted to build a team from kids and unknows and make it succeed, that's what he wants to do and spending money doesn't fit into that policy.

yeah but as you say he talks bs so tha can't be true.

Özim
26-11-2012, 05:30 PM
yeah but as you say he talks bs so tha can't be true.
I didn't say everything he says is BS, just large parts of it....the bits which aren't are those bits which expose his beliefs....those are clearly not BS, they're what he believes is right (even if they are actually wrong).

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I didn't say everything he says is BS, just large parts of it....the bits which aren't are those bits which expose his beliefs....those are clearly not BS, they're what he believes is right (even if they are actually wrong).

Let's not kid ourselves, Arsene is a proven BS expert

/Thread.

LDG

:haha: :haha:

Grebbo
We'll blow any budget we have on Zaha and he'll be another Ox.

ZTV, I can see it now.

Özim
26-11-2012, 05:35 PM
/Thread.
and?

He is, he BS's a lot, just listen to his post match interviews....you can't say he BS's about what he believes in philosophy wise though can you, like his policies?

/Thread

Marc Overmars
16-12-2013, 07:00 PM
http:/oarsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-jit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/ilvt/479302r/

Doubt we will change.

Ends