PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Aston Villa

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Good point to hold a far better Villa side

cheesy bites
24-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Fantastic point, well above the relegation zone now. I think we might stay up this year! :scarf:

Gervinho's Forehead
24-11-2012, 07:21 PM
:ilt:

Gervinho's Forehead
24-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Useless ****s the lot of em.

fakeyank
24-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Its a miracle we are fighting with clubs like Villa who are clearly outspending us.

Wenger is doing a miracle with the resources at hand.. :bow:

Good point

Master Splinter
24-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Giroud, Mertesacker and Oxo the only ones worthy of any credit from this game. Still had some decent chances. Draw a fair result though.

On to the usual +3 at Everton.

Xhaka Can’t
Less goals than the Brum very Derby game.

Cripps_orig
Its a miracle we are fighting with clubs like Villa who are clearly outspending us.

Wenger is doing a miracle with the resources at hand.. :bow:

Good point
I blame Man Citys and Chelseas spending for this draw

Maestro
ground hog day on the pitch and will be in this thread too

The Governor
24-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Coquelin's last kicked summed up the game. Dreadful performance, we love giving shit, relegation teams morale boosting points.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
he's gone mad

if it's even possible to be more deluded than he already is.

he takes off our only recognised striker when we're pushing for a goal :haha:

and he earns £7m? get klopp in to save this club now.

he takes off chamberlain, who looked one of our most threatening players, and plays arshavin on the wing. why don't you play arshavin in his natural position and take that spanish midget off, who may i add was fucking woeful.

no urgency, no pressing, no tempo. drained of any pride and passion. just a sack of shit from top to bottom.

so let me make this clear:

wenger you are the biggest c*nt walking on this planet so fuck off out this club you senile anorexic prick.

nothing makes me smirk more than watching you get drenched on the touchline right through to your bollocks. i hope you catch hypothermia so you fuck off out this club once and for all you weak minded pussy.

oh, and when you finally keel over, close the door on your way out you wanker.

Dennis Bendtner
Positives:

- Giroud's lay-off and one-two technique.
- Szczesny's save.
- Mertesacker's crucial interventions.
- Gervinho's comic timing.

Negatives:

- Everything else.

cheesy bites
he's gone mad

he takes off chamberlain, who looked one of our most threatening players, and plays arshavin on the wing. why don't you play arshavin in his natural position and take that spanish midget off, who may i add was fucking woeful.

no urgency, no pressing, no tempo. drained of any pride and passion. just a sack of shit from top to bottom.

wenger you are the biggest c*nt walking on this planet so fuck off out this club you senile anorexic prick.

nothing makes me smirk more than watching you get drenched on the touchline right through to your bollocks. i hope you catch hypothermia so you fuck off out this club once and for all you weak minded pussy.

oh, and when you finally keel over, close the door on your way out.

In other news, it's almost Christmas. So that's nice.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Bit of a shit result. Would have been nice to follow up last weekends great win with another 3 points against what is a very poor Villa side.

Predictably flat performance though. :sleep:

Cripps_orig
Mert MOTM by far

Hype is finished. Come back Theo

Myth :rose:

Giroud was terrible as well.

Kos is an accident waiting to happen

Injury Time
Only 10 points behind the league leaders after 13 games...awaits Wengerscience zat itz matamatically pozzible :redcard: useless twat

fakeyank
he's gone mad

:gp:

Dennis Bendtner
24-11-2012, 07:27 PM

He's pwned you with his sleeping bag protection I'm afraid :rose:

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:27 PM
he's gone mad

Brilliant post

McNamara That Ghost...
24-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Fuck.

Also, I'm off to get hammered. Have fun guys!

Özil's Panoramic View
24-11-2012, 07:29 PM
pointless thread this tbh

Said thread will only be warranted when Klopp takes a step down and replaces the clueless old bat.

gooners
24-11-2012, 07:30 PM
he's gone mad

:lol:

never thought WUMger could possibly wind up someone so much!

LDG
24-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Wilshere should have been on. But he kept ramsey on.

He took off podolski and put on a spastic.

Wilshere was the obvious choice.

Ramsey stayed on the fuckin pitch.

He took off AOC and stuck on Arshavin.

Where is wilshere? The one player who could run the show?

Nope. Ramsey stays on.

Then he takes off our only target man, striker and big bloke on a rainy windy evening and puts a reserve on. Age 14.

And wilshere. The One bloke. The only obe who was capable of controlling the pace and setting us right?

Sat on his arse.

But ramsey. Fuckin ramsey.

Injury Time
:haha:

Never thought WUMger could possibly wind someone up so much!
http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ArseneWengerSmiling.jpg

Marc Overmars
Already 6 points behind West Brom in 4th. :lol:

Wenget talking about potentially getting into the title race the other day. What a WUM.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
He's pwned you with his sleeping bag protection I'm afraid :rose:

is there any way we can lace some sort of flesh eating poison into that futuristic space jacket he wears so he finally fucks off out this club?

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Steve Clarke for Wenger?

Far better manager and will give the fans something to support

LDG
24-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Mert MOTM by far

Hype is finished. Come back Theo

Myth :rose:

Giroud was terrible as well.

Kos is an accident waiting to happen

That is soooo bad. Your wumming is at it's biggest low since you thought you lost your viginity :lol:

Injury Time
24-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Already 6 points behind West Brom in 4th. :lol:

Wenget talking about potentially getting into the title race the other day. What a WUM.
West Brom are third, that is not the 4th Trophy we are looking for.

Joker
24-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Extremely turgid performance, we never really looked like scoring. We used to at least be entertaining 3-4 years ago, even though you knew we were capable of cocking up at any moment in a match. Now, the defensive frailties still exist, but the attacking verve and creativity has been sucked out of the side. However, that's not surprising when you consider how many offensive players we've sold (and failed to properly replace) in the last 5 years.

Wenger's subs were baffling as well. Why take off your striker to bring on a defensive midfielder when the score is at 0-0? Why didn't we add more creativity to the centre by either putting Arshavin there (instead of out wide) or bringing on Wilshere? I know he wants to rest Wilshere, but a 25 minute cameo couldn't have hurt surely? Wenger's on £7M a year,he's supposed to be one of the best managers in the world, yet how can he not spot the obvious?

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:36 PM
That is soooo bad. Your wumming is at it's biggest low since you thought you lost your viginity :lol:

If i was wumming, id have said the opposite of what happened on the pitch

All i said was the truth

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 07:36 PM
West Brom are third, that is not the 4th Trophy we are looking for.

Oh yeah they are. West Brom are out of sight then.

Hope City beat the Chavs tomorrow to keep our minor hopes of 4th alive.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Fuck.

Also, I'm off to get hammered. Have fun guys!

maccy do us a favour and change the domain to www.wengerisafuckingwanker.com before you leave

oh and a word of warning: stay away from jagers. it took me 3 days worth of hangover and a lost iphone to get over our win last saturday.

but have a good night pal.

gunnerrrrr
Theo is now this teams most important player....unsurprisingly given that he is in the last year of his contract and unwilling to sign a extension. His pace and directness are immense for a team which is devoid of any drive and passion (tbf when Jack plays he does his part although no where near 100%).

Ramsey offers nothing at all on the pitch, he fumbles around with the ball, slows all our play down, runs into our players etc...injury or not, he is awful.
Giroud is ok, but his lack of pace is causing us issues as the likes of Carzola have to keep going wide rather than down the middle, so we become very predictable.

Podolski is going down the Asharvin route, i.e. wasted on the left in a psudeo 433...like Asharvin he is a number 10 and would be best played off Giroud.

Arteta, i know he has alot of fans...but he is no Alex Song and i hardly realise he is even playing...i appreciate he is taking one for the team but he could offer so much more.

However the biggest joke continues to be our once great manager.....shocking subs and tactics...he looks lost and frustrated....worse thing is even if he was given £100m and told he had to spend it, i dont think he would do a good job, in fact im sure we woudl see another batch of okayish footballers come in and some pure shockers like Squaliachi Chamack, Santos etc......every game that passes it is so apparent that it is taxi for Wenger time.

RomfordPele
Just so boring and soul destroying to watch arsenal these days.

No pace without theo, no skill without van Persie, no craft without fabregas - and with the Nutty Professor in charge, absolutely no clue tactically.

Basically we had our cup final last weekend - we might get another if we draw barca in CL - but the rest of the season is going to be a long string of games like this.

Dismal, dismal stuff.

Özil's Panoramic View
Mancs and us were in similar 0-0 situations today.

Ya'll take a look @ the contrasting results achieved by the subs both managers made.

Then tell how the fuck do we justify paying Wenger more than what the Mancs pay Fergie.

Seaman's Ponytail
24-11-2012, 07:38 PM
he takes off our only recognised striker when we're pushing for a goal

This was the point that i realised just how far we really have sunk. Giroud off for a def midfielder (no disrespect to Coq) but a clear sign we're settling for a point against a pub side in the relegation zone. Arsenal :rose:

Cripps_orig
Theo is now this teams most important player....unsurprisingly given that he is in the last year of his contract and unwilling to sign a extension. His pace and directness are immense for a team which is devoid of any drive and passion (tbf when Jack plays he does his part although no where near 100%).

Ramsey offers nothing at all on the pitch, he fumbles around with the ball, slows all our play down, runs into our players etc...injury or not, he is awful.
Giroud is ok, but his lack of pace is causing us issues as the likes of Carzola have to keep going wide rather than down the middle, so we become very predictable.

Podolski is going down the Asharvin route, i.e. wasted on the left in a psudeo 433...like Asharvin he is a number 10 and would be best played off Giroud.

Arteta, i know he has alot of fans...but he is no Alex Song and i hardly realise he is even playing...i appreciate he is taking one for the team but he could offer so much more.

However the biggest joke continues to be our once great manager.....shocking subs and tactics...he looks lost and frustrated....worse thing is even if he was given £100m and told he had to spend it, i dont think he would do a good job, in fact im sure we woudl see another batch of okayish footballers come in and some pure shockers like Squaliachi Chamack, Santos etc......every game that passes it is so apparent that it is taxi for Wenger time.
Spot on about Arteta

He was so creative at Everton and we have killed him

Ollie the Optimist
jack would have been good to bring on, but im kinda glad he didnt come on. he hasnt played football for 15 months or so. he has had two massive games to play in, united away, spurs at home, and with midweek games, england and shalke plus this week, he has played a lot of football in a very short space of time. makes sense not to play him today i thought, because if he broke down all hell would have come out.

the other players are better then that today, shouldnt be needing jack to play when you cazorla and arteta. whole team was awful, lost pretty much every 50/50. dont understand wengers subs. move on. not much more can be said about today that hasnt been said before.

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:41 PM
No Wenger reaction on ESPN :popcorn:

Ollie the Optimist
24-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Ya'll take a look @ the contrasting results achieved by the subs both managers made.

Then tell how the fuck do we justify paying Wenger more than what the Mancs pay Fergie.

it took united going 1-0 down for them to do anything, and they were at home so its a lot easier. shit comparsion

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 07:42 PM
This was the point that i realised just how far we really have sunk. Giroud off for a def midfielder (no disrespect to Coq) but a clear sign we're settling for a point against a pub side in the relegation zone. Arsenal :rose:

i could accept a draw if we play to our strengths and give it our all. how can we expect to beat teams when we cant even get our own team right?

Ollie the Optimist
24-11-2012, 07:42 PM

oh stop trying to be a pathetic wum. he has already been speaking about the match

Joker
24-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't think we're using Arteta well at all tbh. If he is capable of being creative, he should be allowed to express himself rather than put in a straitjacket and told to be the DMF. If he isn't capable of doing anything more than he is currently showing, he should be dropped IMO. Last season Song wasn't just a defensive player, he was involved in playmaking as well.

Of course, if Wenger wasn't such a cheapskate and properly replaced Song, that may have freed up Arteta to play his natural game, instead we've now got square pegs in round roles all over the pitch.

The funniest thing was Wenger putting Gervinho in the centre forward role, despite having Giroud and Podolski available :lol:

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 07:44 PM
oh stop trying to be a pathetic wum. he has already been speaking about the match

:blink:

On ESPN?

gooners
24-11-2012, 07:45 PM
The funniest thing was Wenger putting Gervinho in the centre forward role, despite refusing theo that clear option :lol:

corrected your error

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 07:46 PM

arteta is the new denilson

from this day forward he will be called denilson

intricate sideways passes and continuous backwards motion

at least denilson was young so had potential to improve. plus he had the name of a brazilian legend so it bought him a year or 2 to prove himself.

we aint winning anything with arteta in the side. another case of an average player becoming integral to our average team. would he get into chelsea? united? city? would he even get in ahead of sandro and parker at spurs? i dont think he'd even get into west brom ahead of mulumbu.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe we're being harsh on Ramzi. The real problem in this team is the fairweather fraud we bought from Malaga.

Joker
24-11-2012, 07:51 PM
arteta is the new denilson

from this day forward he will be called denilson

intricate sideways passes and continuous backwards motion

at least denilson was young so had potential to improve. plus he had the name of a brazilian legend so it bought him a year or 2 to prove himself.

we aint winning anything with arteta in the side. another case of an average player becoming integral to our average team. would he get into chelsea? united? city? would he even get in ahead of sandro and parker at spurs? i dont think he'd even get into west brom ahead of mulumbu.

I agree, people who say he's great claim he "keeps things ticking over" but we need more from a midfielder tbh. Song was the designated DMF last season, but he created countless goals for RVP and wasn't content with "keeping things ticking over".

And Cazorla's starting to become a worry now. He's got a lot of ability but I don't think he's leading the team from the front at the moment. Technically he's the best player by a mile, and he needs to start acting like one.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 07:53 PM
what else does wankger have to do wrong for him to get sacked

destroy our wage policy? check
ruin our successful counter attacking tactic? check
play players out of position? check
go on a trophy drought? check
drain the team of drive, passion and urgency? check
sell our best players every year without replacing adequately? check
rely on crocked players? check
be tactically inept? check
constantly lie to the fans? check

genius? genius in being deluded yeah.

fakeyank
24-11-2012, 07:53 PM

Hope the c*nt is busy putting in his resignation

Ollie the Optimist
24-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I agree, people who say he's great claim he "keeps things ticking over" but we need more from a midfielder tbh. Song was the designated DMF last season, but he created countless goals for RVP and wasn't content with "keeping things ticking over".

And Cazorla's starting to become a worry now. He's got a lot of ability but I don't think he's leading the team from the front at the moment. Technically he's the best player by a mile, and he needs to start acting like one.

and he had our worst defensive season ever. he was the defensive midfielder, yet we conceded 49 goals because he was too foucsed on trying to make them. hardly fair to compare to arteta, who stays back to make sure we dont concede and does a much better job then song ever did

RomfordPele
24-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Nah, Arteta is a quality, quality player. The thing you don't see on tv is the fact that none of our other players create space or make intelligent runs when he has the ball - so he's got fuck all to work with, and has no option but to recycle possessiom. The biggest problem is that we haven't had a genuine winger since Reyes. They all get sucked into the middle and want the ball with their back to goal.

Marc Overmars
At least we've got the new Emirates deal in place now with payments being forwarded.

Roll on January.

http://redgunners.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arsenewengersmiling.jpg

gooners
what else does wankger have to do wrong for him to get sacked

destroy our wage policy? check
ruin our successful counter attacking tactic? check
play players out of position? check
go on a trophy drought? check
drain the team of drive, passion and urgency? check
sell our best players every year without replacing adequately? check
rely on crocked players? check
be tactically inept? check
constantly lie to the fans? check

genius? genius in being deluded yeah.

needs to win the CL & FA cup in one season and then start flunking --- see Di Matteo :good:

Power n Glory
24-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Maybe we're being harsh on Ramzi. The real problem in this team is the fairweather fraud we bought from Malaga.

I wouldn't say that. Ramsey and Arteta are poor creative players and we had the same sort of problem last season when those two chumps player together. Things got a lot better when Rosicky came in but before he arrived we had to depend heavily on Song and Walcott to support RVP. The balance of this squad is off and you can almost predict a result from the team selection. Wenger just isn't seeing it and seems to think it's a confidence/mental issue when it's not. He has to make some major changes to the squad and try some new personnel. We badly miss Theo and I suspect there are more players on the bench and combos that could help drive us forward because we're remain flat he continues with the same team selection.

Joker
24-11-2012, 08:00 PM
and he had our worst defensive season ever. he was the defensive midfielder, yet we conceded 49 goals because he was too foucsed on trying to make them. hardly fair to compare to arteta, who stays back to make sure we dont concede and does a much better job then song ever did

The 49 goals were not the fault of Song, we didn't have Mertesacker playing for much of the season and it's clear he's technically the best centre half we have. I'm not saying Song was faultless and some of his defensive work left a lot to be desired, but the point I'm making is that we need more than someone simply staying back and making sure we don't concede. Yes, stay back when it's necessary and offer protection for the back 4, but in a game where we're doing the chasing, we need someone to take responsibility and at least try to make something happen. Cazorla was off his game, Ramsey's pretty crap so it wouldn't have hurt if Arteta tried to step up to the plate. We saw at Everton he can be a playmaker, and I don't understand why he's curbed that side of his game so much at Arsenal.

Dennis Bendtner
24-11-2012, 08:00 PM
We must get a refund for Santiago Cafraudla. Malaga got one over us. Pretending they were in financial meltdown to give the impression that we got a bargain. Awlful Spanish z-lister who must be sent to his natural habitat of Swansea.

Joker
24-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Ramsey's dad has spoken:

arseblog ‏@arseblog

@NeilBrooksAFC @r_zana Ramsey was by far our best, and most productive player in the 2nd half.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2012, 08:04 PM
One of the worst performances by an Arsenal team I've witnessed in over 30 years. One of the worst managerial performances I have ever seen too. It's hard to imagine this club can sink lower, but I'm also certain we'll find a way. Ramsey is a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful non-player and so is Gervinho. Wenger's subs were so inexplicable he should be forced to lay out in detail his reasoning or else be sacked. Embarrassing, humiliating, outright theft by a club stuffed with ****s from top to bottom who just want to steal as much money from the fans as possible for the minimum amount returned. Fuck, we can't even pass a ball any more, not even a simple, unpressurised 2 yard pass.

saintnickle

Exactly!!! One reads the situation and makes substitutions accordingly.The other makes his subs the day before in a pre set plan.Even bould when he was so called in charge for the 2 european games earlier on said the subs where pre planned.madness

Niall_Quinn
Ramsey's dad has spoken:

arseblog ‏@arseblog

@NeilBrooksAFC @r_zana Ramsey was by far our best, and most productive player in the 2nd half.

Blind **** is he?

Dennis Bendtner
24-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Wenger: "We lacked a little bit of sharpness in the final third... physically we were a little bit jaded."

:popcorn:

Joker
24-11-2012, 08:09 PM
@Gingers4Limpar

Wenger: "I will not explain every decision I make. You judge the game."

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2012, 08:14 PM
@Gingers4Limpar

There was no game to judge. That wasn't football. That was 22 guys playing the shit that has replaced football and earning 100 times more than the players who built the history of both clubs. It's a fucking disgrace. How can any of these ****s be paid after bringing the game into disrepute like that?

gooners
24-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Fuck, we can't even pass a ball any more, not even a simple, unpressurised 2 yard pass.

we've got better sponsorship deals now --- with this new money we will be able to buy more of the top top top quality players we've got. That will solve our problems. Relax

LDG
24-11-2012, 08:34 PM

Joker
24-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Wenger to BBC: "Complaints? No, because we tried. I think it's down to fatigue. We had not completely recovered from Wednesday night."

gooners
24-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Wenger to BBC: "Complaints? No, because we tried. I think it's down to fatigue. We had not completely recovered from Wednesday night."

wish someone pays me 7mil a year to 'try' :censored:

sad sad state of affairs

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Sharpness
Handbrake
Little bit tired.

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2012, 08:58 PM
it took united going 1-0 down for them to do anything, and they were at home so its a lot easier. shit comparsion

I wouldn't compare us to United either.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-11-2012, 09:00 PM

I wouldn't compare us to United either.

In that light, a shit comparison indeed.

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2012, 09:12 PM
One of the worst performances by an Arsenal team I've witnessed in over 30 years. One of the worst managerial performances I have ever seen too. It's hard to imagine this club can sink lower, but I'm also certain we'll find a way. Ramsey is a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful non-player and so is Gervinho. Wenger's subs were so inexplicable he should be forced to lay out in detail his reasoning or else be sacked. Embarrassing, humiliating, outright theft by a club stuffed with ****s from top to bottom who just want to steal as much money from the fans as possible for the minimum amount returned. Fuck, we can't even pass a ball any more, not even a simple, unpressurised 2 yard pass.

We're also shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 09:46 PM
@Gingers4Limpar

you fucking will. you con £7m a year off us. the least we deserve are answers.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm exaggerating for WUM effect of course, he has undoubted ability but in games that don't go our way (and there's been a lot of them) I'm left wondering where the hell our so called best player was. I expect the likes of Ramzi, Arteta and co to go missing but not him.

To only have 5 wins at this stage of the season is really poor even by our standards. I don't think there's much stagnating going on anymore, it's leaning towards decline now.

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Not going to get them though are we?

The one thing we had up until this season was the prospect of an entertaining run of games.

Now that is gone, we have nothing left.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8278978/Arsene-Wenger-hits-back-at-Arsenal-critics-after-0-0-draw-at-Aston-Villa

he's lost it. officially.

we laughed at kenny for imploding last year. we laughed at rafa for imploding back in the liverpool days.

it's happened to wenger.

how embarrassing.

selassie
24-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Honestly, I didn't expect anything more than a point. This team is no longer capable of going away from home and destroying teams, a few years back maybe...not now.

We're going to be in real battle for top 4 this season, I can honestly see the likes of Everton, West Brom & those noisy neighbours giving us a serious run for our money.

fakeyank
24-11-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8278978/Arsene-Wenger-hits-back-at-Arsenal-critics-after-0-0-draw-at-Aston-Villa

we laughed at kenny for imploding last year. we laughed at rafa for imploding back in the liverpool days.

it's happened to wenger.

how embarrassing.

Stupid c*nt should just fuck off and die tbh.. only way we will rid ourselves of this SOB

gooners
24-11-2012, 10:04 PM
We're going to be in real battle for top 4 this season, I can honestly see the likes of Everton, West Brom & those noisy neighbours giving us a serious run for our money.

we say that, but somehow all those clubs end up fucking up more than we do and we scrape top four only for wenger to get a reprieve and plaudits; then we hit replay

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 10:10 PM
The biggest disappointment for me is that it's one thing to lose to United and Chelsea, but to struggle to beat Sunderland, Stoke, Norwich, Fulham, Villa...hell, even QPR we left it late and got a fortuitous goal, it's a poor show. I'm starting to think maybe this is actually the year we balls it up once and for all and finish 5th. The team has certainly shown little to suggest otherwise.

Injury Time
24-11-2012, 10:46 PM

it's happened to wenger.

how embarrassing.
Oh shut up you berk. Fire your fitness staff if they truly are that knackered, or maybe just maybe, realise that you need enough depth of quality in the squad that you are not "resting" some for everything other than FA or Carless Cups :blink:

Power n Glory
24-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Wenger is going to fall on his own sword. He reacts badly to criticism and his end here will be a messy fall out with the fans. You can see it coming.

Cripps_orig
24-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Disgusting how Wenger is treated on here. People have to realise that this Arsenal side is the worst one I have seen in my 50 odd years of watching this once great club. We are now a laughing stock. It would hurt but I'm laughing at them myself. That's the point I'm at. The “I don't give a shit til Wenger fucks off" point. The spine of our team is terrible. We won't get top 4. That is certain. I'd love it if I was wrong but I have been proven right so many times about this club and its players that I will be about this unfortunately. Enjoy every point we get this season guys and enjoy the CL. We won't be back any time soon.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Wenger is going to fall on his own sword. He reacts badly to criticism and his end here will be a messy fall out with the fans. You can see it coming.

The away fans are considered the last bastion of loyalty and to hear them singing that suggests his time is nearly up.

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Wenger has been producing a minor miracle season after season for quite a while now. What other club gets raped of its best players every fucking year, year after year, yet comes back each time with a top 4 finish? The guy is a modern day Sisyphus, a bloody colossus, badly let own by this shitty contemptuous owner and board.

It's Catch 22 for the fans. What other manager is going to do better? But then, what other manager is going to go on indulging this board?

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:31 PM
There was no game to judge. That wasn't football. That was 22 guys playing the shit that has replaced football and earning 100 times more than the players who built the history of both clubs. It's a fucking disgrace. How can any of these ****s be paid after bringing the game into disrepute like that?

Agree 100%. We used to be a great counter-attacking team and now we play like robots.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Wenger has been producing a minor miracle season after season for quite a while now. What other club gets raped of its best players every fucking year, year after year, yet comes back each time with a top 4 finish? The guy is a modern day Sisyphus, a bloody colossus, badly let own by this shitty contemptuous owner and board.

It's Catch 22 for the fans. What other manager is going to do better? But then, what other manager is going to go on indulging this board?

thats bollocks.

a manager comes in and:

1. drops ramsey
2. puts players in their natural positions
3. makes sensible substitutions instead of taking off effective players
4. employs the right tactics not this tippy tappy slow tempo shit
5. employs tactics against each opposition instead of playing the same formation every game
6. is able to motivate the players

and you're gonna tell me we wont perform better? he is a manager, not a CEO.

he does not justify his pay packet. he does not justify his untouchable position. he does not justify being given another chance to try and build another team at this club.

you know, i know, everyone knows we will win nothing with wenger in charge. its a ticking timebomb and we're just wasting years until he goes. he does not have it in him to build another title winning team, he couldnt do it with the 07/08 team which was far superior than our current team in every aspect, so he wont be able to do it now.

supporting this club whilst wenger is in charge is pointless because we're just passing time until the day comes when he finally fucks off. it wouldnt be a problem if we weren't charged the highest ticket prices in the country and milked at every opportunity. but they're taking the piss.

deep down we all know it's over. in your heart of hearts you know wenger will not win another trophy here. it went downhill since that carling cup defeat and the players all gave up on him, one by one, and fucked off. unfortunately we're stuck with him until he goes. which hopefully is sooner rather than later.

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Or the manager has, say, RVP, Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and Adebayor (whatever you think of him) at his disposal. Not such a bad manager then, maybe?

Syn
24-11-2012, 11:43 PM

Indeed. In press conferences, AGMs or whatever - when he has time to prepare - he seems to hit the right apologetic tone in his answers; the verbal equivalent of the puppy-dog eyes. And we feel sorry for him and we obviously want him to do well.

But when the same questions are asked after a disappointing result, he struggles to handle it and gives a very odd impression of himself. I don't normally look for his post-match interviews any more but I'm on Arsenal.com and there is still no sign of the usual write-up of his post-match interview, which suggests to me that the club are having to work very hard to clean up his answers.

There have been a lot of grumblings but I think the first real nagging confrontation with the crowd happened when the boo's/ironic cheers happened in the Eboue substitution. That's when Wenger got very worried and went all out trying to make sure the fans knew that they needed to be behind the team at all times. Obviously last season with the Oxlade substitution it was more transparent and he handled that very badly. We've seen it (slightly) with Gervinho this season.

In any career, if you have to keep pointing to your longevity and what you have accomplished years ago in response to your current struggles, you're in trouble. He wants to live off his past reputation. It's always the same responses when pushed; "I've been manager for 30 years, what do you know?", "I've made 50,000 substitutions, how many have you made?", "All I can do is try my best"...it's defensive and it's desperate.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Or the manager has, say, RVP, Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy and Adebayor (whatever you think of him) at his disposal. Not such a bad manager then, maybe?

The fact they all decided to do one suggests they don't think he's all that either.

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:44 PM
thats bollocks.

a manager comes in and:

1. drops ramsey
5. employs tactics against each opposition instead of playing the same formation every game

and you're gonna tell me we wont perform better? he is a manager, not a CEO.

he does not justify his pay packet. he does not justify his untouchable position. he does not justify being given another chance to try and build another team at this club.

you know, i know, everyone knows we will win nothing with wenger in charge. its a ticking timebomb and we're just wasting years until he goes. he does not have it in him to build another title winning team, he couldnt do it with the 07/08 team which was far superior than our current team in every aspect, so he wont be able to do it now.

supporting this club whilst wenger is in charge is pointless because we're just passing time until the day comes when he finally fucks off. it wouldnt be a problem if we weren't charged the highest ticket prices in the country and milked at every opportunity. but they're taking the piss.

deep down we all know it's over. in your heart of hearts you know wenger will not win another trophy here. it went downhill since that carling cup defeat and the players all gave up on him, one by one, and fucked off. unfortunately we're stuck with him until he goes. which hopefully is sooner rather than later.

Also, on a net budget of precisely fuck all, who do you suppose would be a better manager?

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:46 PM
The fact they all decided to do one suggests they don't think he's all that either.

Well I think they've gone because they followed the money, which is not Wenger's fault. That's down to the Board.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Well I think they've gone because they followed the money, which is not Wenger's fault. That's down to the Board.

Some did, some didn't. To me it says a lot that he struggles to keep hold of his best players, I can't think of another top manager who is frequently stabbed in the back as much as he is.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Also, on a net budget of precisely fuck all, who do you suppose would be a better manager?

net budget of precisely fuck all? that's bollocks too. we have money, it says so on the accounts. we had to tighten our belts for the stadium move but this is taking the piss now. for example, you do realise our stadium debt is at such a low level that paying back early has a higher premium? we've put ourselves on a great financial footing but we have a manager warped to spending. whats the fucking point? wasnt the stadium move supposed to aid us in challenging against the elite european clubs? instead we've become their bitch.

klopp hasn't done a bad job on a budget. has the same philosophy as wenger but he has a brain cell instead of being completely deluded.

wenger is our most successful manager but since 6 months ago statistically also became our worst. time to thank him and move on.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 11:54 PM

nope. if you win trophies it keeps players interested. it bides you time in the project and makes players believe in you because players are kept somewhat happy. suarez stays at liverpool because they win tin pot trophies here and there. if he was here, he would have left over the summer. trophies bide you time. we havent had any. it works both ways.

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:56 PM
net budget of precisely fuck all? that's bollocks too. we have money, it says so on the accounts. we had to tighten our belts for the stadium move but this is taking the piss now. for example, you do realise our stadium debt is at such a low level that paying back early has a higher premium? we've put ourselves on a great financial footing but we have a manager warped to spending. whats the fucking point? wasnt the stadium move supposed to aid us in challenging against the elite european clubs? instead we've become their bitch.

klopp hasn't done a bad job on a budget. has the same philosophy as wenger but he has a brain cell instead of being completely deluded.

wenger is our most successful manager but since 6 months ago statistically also became our worst. time to thank him and move on.

That's the really frustrating part. The club does have the money, but it won't spend it - either to keep players or bring them in. So Wenger finds young players, bargains, and occasionally he pulls off a coup (Cazorla). You still haven't answered who there is in the business better at doing that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-11-2012, 11:58 PM
That's the really frustrating part. The club does have the money, but it won't spend it - either to keep players or bring them in. So Wenger finds young players, bargains, and occasionally he pulls off a coup (Cazorla). You still haven't answered who there is in the business better at doing that.

i did. i said klopp.

you still haven't answered my question.

a manager comes in and:

1. drops ramsey

and you're gonna tell me we wont perform better?

notwist
24-11-2012, 11:58 PM
nope. if you win trophies it keeps players interested. it bides you time in the project and makes players believe in you because players are kept somewhat happy. suarez stays at liverpool because they win tin pot trophies here and there. if he was here, he would have left over the summer. trophies bide you time. we havent had any. it works both ways.

It's ALWAYS an excuse when players say that. Like saying they want to play in a different position. It's all code for.....where can I get more money? (and not upset the fans).

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 12:02 AM
None of those players would have left if not given the ok by Wenger. He has a lot of influence over the boarf for whatever reason. Cesc himself has said it was Wenger who went to the board to get them to drop the asking price to what Barca wanted so Cesc could fuck off there. RVC if reports are to be believed was having 2nd thoughts about leaving after seeing the signings of Podolski and Cazorla. It was Wenger who decided to sell him. Ferguson called Wenger not a board member to thrash out a deal and now we are lumped with some french nobody upfront who has been avearage his whole career and lo and behold has been average for us. What a shock. As a great man once said "if you keep buying average players, you become an average team" Last few years we had that one special player who could creep us in to the top 4 on the back of some awesome displays. Now we don't have anyone. Top 4 is gone. We are facing mid table mediocrity

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:02 AM
i did. i said klopp.

you still haven't answered my question.

a manager comes in and:

1. drops ramsey

and you're gonna tell me we wont perform better?

Yes you did - sorry I missed your answer.

As to your questions:
1. Ramsey was no worse than anybody else today.
2. Who was out of position?
3. See above - RVP, Fabregas and Nasri.
4. That's been a problem since Mourinho arrived at Chelsea and Wenger never responded. Point to you.
5. We never had any tactics.
6. Well they get paid enough. I'm not having that.

4-2 to me then.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 12:03 AM
It's ALWAYS an excuse when players say that. Like saying they want to play in a different position. It's all code for.....where can I get more money? (and not upset the fans).

have you ever wondered why its always supposed to be the players that are the problem at arsenal?

its like the great actress elizabeth dale. she got divorced 9 times. alright you could say she made a couple of bad decisions, had a couple of bad breaks here and there, but eventually you come to the conclusion that this is a trend. maybe she's the problem.

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:06 AM
None of those players would have left if not given the ok by Wenger. He has a lot of influence over the boarf for whatever reason. Cesc himself has said it was Wenger who went to the board to get them to drop the asking price to what Barca wanted so Cesc could fuck off there. RVC if reports are to be believed was having 2nd thoughts about leaving after seeing the signings of Podolski and Cazorla. It was Wenger who decided to sell him. Ferguson called Wenger not a board member to thrash out a deal and now we are lumped with some french nobody upfront who has been avearage his whole career and lo and behold has been average for us. What a shock. As a great man once said "if you keep buying average players, you become an average team" Last few years we had that one special player who could creep us in to the top 4 on the back of some awesome displays. Now we don't have anyone. Top 4 is gone. We are facing mid table mediocrity

I don't believe that for a minute. Wenger said he would keep Nasri even if it meant he went for nothing the following. He made similar noises about RVP (but less strident). No way was the Board having that. Wenger says these things out of some totally fucked up loyalty to his employers. That's why they pay him so much.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 12:09 AM

As to your questions:
4. That's been a problem since Mourinho arrived at Chelsea and Wenger never responded. Point to you.

4-2 to me then.

1. do me a favour. my mate was there and he said ramsey was the worst on the pitch. clearly evident.
2. this season we've seen ramsey on the wing, vermaelen at left back because our back up LB is the worse we've had in years, podolski on the wing even though is not a winger (admits so himself), arshavin on the wing. didnt we try kos at right back once too?
3. see elizabeth dale.
4. thank you.
5. we did. we used to go old trafford and play 1 up top with 5 in midfield. now we play 4-3-3 whether its barnsley or barcelona. doesnt make sense.
6. manager is paid enough. why cant he motivate them? im not having that.

6-0 to me then.

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:09 AM
have you ever wondered why its always supposed to be the players that are the problem at arsenal?

its like the great actress elizabeth dale. she got divorced 9 times. alright you could say she made a couple of bad decisions, had a couple of bad breaks here and there, but eventually you come to the conclusion that this is a trend. maybe she's the problem.

It isn't just Arsenal. Players always move from smaller to bigger clubs, all the time. We are a big club but we behave like a smaller club in our recruitment, retention and payment of players. Smaller than only a few clubs (but enough to matter).

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 12:13 AM
It isn't just Arsenal. Players always move from smaller to bigger clubs, all the time. We are a big club but we behave like a smaller club in our recruitment, retention and payment of players. Smaller than only a few clubs (but enough to matter).

:lol: yeah course it isnt. 7 years of players constantly leaving but apparently it happens everywhere.

we have one of the highest player turnover rates in the world but you're trying to tell me its normal :lol:

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:13 AM
1. do me a favour. my mate was there and he said ramsey was the worst on the pitch. clearly evident.
2. this season we've seen ramsey on the wing, vermaelen at left back because our back up LB is the worse we've had in years, podolski on the wing even though is not a winger (admits so himself), arshavin on the wing. didnt we try kos at right back once too?
3. see elizabeth dale.
4. thank you.
5. we did. we used to go old trafford and play 1 up top with 5 in midfield. now we play 4-3-3 whether its barnsley or barcelona. doesnt make sense.
6. manager is paid enough. why cant he motivate them? im not having that.

6-0 to me then.

I'm not sure you can claim a point for what your mate told you about something you didn't see. Where were you, at the pictures? Or getting a pedicure? Just a joke (no offence).

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:16 AM
:lol: yeah course it isnt. 7 years of players constantly leaving but apparently it happens everywhere.

we have one of the highest player turnover rates in the world but you're trying to tell me its normal :lol:

All clubs are feeder clubs. We've just been fed with the best players at Montpellier, Cologne and Malaga. God, they must be shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 12:21 AM
All clubs are feeder clubs. We've just been fed with the best players at Montpellier, Cologne and Malaga. God, they must be shit.

:lol: and what have those so called best players done for us this season? contributed to our worst start ever. well done, very impressive.

I'm not sure you can claim a point for what your mate told you about something you didn't see. Where were you, at the pictures? Or getting a pedicure? Just a joke (no offence).

ok if we're going to be that pedantic even though it was clearly evident he was shit then we'll call point 1 a no contest.

so 5-0 to me.

you just got burned quicker than ricky hatton.

notwist
25-11-2012, 12:25 AM
:lol: and what have those so called best players done for us this season? contributed to our worst start ever. well done, very impressive.

ok if we're going to be that pedantic even though it was clearly evident he was shit then we'll call point 1 a no contest.

so 5-0 to me.

you just got burned quicker than ricky hatton.

Did he lose? Shit I forgot that was on. I wasn't conceding the other 5, just that I had a more inviting offer.....which I will now take up.....You can go and (no scub that, let's be good Gooners)......Have a chilled night. Ta ta.

milla
25-11-2012, 12:27 AM

As to your questions:

4-2 to me then.

LOL you are Wumger then.

1) Ramsey has been bad for nearly one whole season. How on earth he is given a starting place over and over again.
2) Podolski, Arshavin, Gerv etc. We are not even mid season, yet we already see Ramsey given a place on both side of wide areas.
3) Wenger took a striker out whilst chasing a goal, that is a stupid sub.
4) It has nothing to do with Mourinho, he has never managed Arsenal. Tippy tappy is never a problem but you can't play tippy tappy with buying inferior players.
5) That's is Wumger's fault not board.
6) Again, Wumger is their boss. It is Wumger job to motivate his players, not SAF, not Mourinho..

:coffee:

Gervinho's Forehead
25-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Ok. I've had a drink since the game so I've had time to reflect:

What shit. that is all.

milla
25-11-2012, 12:33 AM

LOL you are so wrong. Barcelona, Manu, Madrid, the money bags, Dortmund, Munich.. even the Italians are not selling their players like we do.

Oh and you are comparing us with tier 2-3 clubs not the CL winners, small club mentality indeed. :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 12:38 AM
:lol: leave him alone.

i like the current crop of newbies.

josh apologised the other day and now this guy bows out gracefully.

is goonersweb turning for the better? i'd say we're 2% away. still in the waiting period.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah, newbies...

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't believe that for a minute. Wenger said he would keep Nasri even if it meant he went for nothing the following. He made similar noises about RVP (but less strident). No way was the Board having that. Wenger says these things out of some totally fucked up loyalty to his employers. That's why they pay him so much.You make it sound like he's just the front man for all the evil doings of the board. Believe me when I say Wenger is just as much to blame if not more than the board. I have no love for the board. They are greedy ****s who don't give a shit about this club but ultimately I have always said I don't give a monkeys about the financial side of the game. I don't give a shit the board just got us a big deal with Emirates or whatever. I care about the football side and that my friend is down to Wenger and he's fucked up big time. He is getting paid the most in the country to do something other manager who aren't on as much do all the time. You may ask who can we replace Wenger with? I answer back with I don't care as long as Wenger is out. Him going will give the fans hope and that is what we need. Build from that and before long once all of wengers wrongs are righted and it might take 2 or 3 managers, I don't know then we can go back to being the Arsenal we know and love.

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2012, 12:46 AM
With a few hours to think about it following the end of the match it seems to me we've had a great week. Into the next round of the CL. A big new sponsorship deal. Do we really need to spoil it by going on about football? Compare our balance sheet to Villa's - who do you think comes out on top? Income, profit, profit margin, share price, you name it and we are superior. It's a thrashing but you still have fans complaining.

Ollie the Optimist
25-11-2012, 12:47 AM
we can go back to being the Arsenal we know and love.

which Arsenal is it that you want by the way?
Major trophies in decades. 40's =1. 50's = 2. 60's =0. 70's = 3. 80's = 2. 90's = 5. 00's = 5.

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2012, 12:55 AM
which Arsenal is it that you want by the way?
Major trophies in decades. 40's =1. 50's = 2. 60's =0. 70's = 3. 80's = 2. 90's = 5. 00's = 5.

Any of them tbh. I can live without the trophies, I could live without the CL, but I can do with watching shit like we saw today. Footie has to be entertaining, either because of the skill on display or even if it's a barnyard puntfest, provided there is entertainment, controversy, action, something to cheer about. That shit today was desperate, sterile, a coma. We can't have that. Even the crappiest crap from the 80s was better than what we are seeing now.

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 12:55 AM
which Arsenal is it that you want by the way? Major trophies in decades. 40's =1. 50's = 2. 60's =0. 70's = 3. 80's = 2. 90's = 5. 00's = 5.Trophies isn't the be all and end all for me. I want a team I can get behind win, lose or draw. A team that I feel has given it all no matter the result. A team that leaves the pitch with no regrets. I want to see players give a fuck about football and not the money. Not one player we ave today that connects with the fans.

Gervinho's Forehead
25-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Any of them tbh. I can live without the trophies, I could live without the CL, but I can do with watching shit like we saw today. Footie has to be entertaining, either because of the skill on display or even if it's a barnyard puntfest, provided there is entertainment, controversy, action, something to cheer about. That shit today was desperate, sterile, a coma. We can't have that. Even the crappiest crap from the 80s was better than what we are seeing now.

Exactly those wearing an Arsenal shirt today showed nothing. No passion, no ambition, no proffessionalism. Nothing.

gooners
25-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Exactly those wearing an Arsenal shirt today showed nothing. No passion, no ambition, no proffessionalism. Nothing.

mate, the players were tired from wednesday. In fact, they shouldn't have turned up today (shoulda been in their beds) --- but they did their best to show up and they tried; give them a break :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 04:01 AM
maccy do us a favour and change the domain to www.wengerisafuckingwanker.com before you leave

oh and a word of warning: stay away from jagers. it took me 3 days worth of hangover and a lost iphone to get over our win last saturday.

but have a good night pal.

I had some cheap rubbish version of Jager. Faker I think I will name it. Cider in addition to that.

Also, more importantly about tonight, I guess I could be rational and say that teams rarely win two away games in a row but it seems fairly unlikely we will able to win against even our perennial bunnies away in Everton.

Apologies for the lack of a name change. We are Gooners and this is the web, thus it will ever be Goonersweb. Even if we end up 8th.

fakeyank
25-11-2012, 04:04 AM

So Wengers hands are tied by the board? Then why doesnt he freaking quit? U think SAF wouldve stayed if Glazers said no to all his demands? Well of course then you understand that AW is a money grabbing c*nt more interested in his 7 million a year and helping the boards agenda of more cash for the board. It's not like AW is a broke bastard either.. man's 60 something and makes more money in a year than all of us combined will make in our lifetime.

Wenger is not the victim, he is the main con man. The sooner he leaves, the better our club will be.

Now coming to a more important point.. you really think that the players we had out there today were worse than Villa's or even at their standard? I understand losing the odd game to Norwich, Fulham etc but to make no chances whatsoever is just downright criminal! Our CC squads from 07/08 with inferior players played so much more attractive football than what we are seeing now.. who is responsible for that? Board? If you say board, dont even bother replying!

Aida
25-11-2012, 04:14 AM
You make it sound like he's just the front man for all the evil doings of the board. Believe me when I say Wenger is just as much to blame if not more than the board. I have no love for the board. They are greedy ****s who don't give a shit about this club but ultimately I have always said I don't give a monkeys about the financial side of the game. I don't give a shit the board just got us a big deal with Emirates or whatever. I care about the football side and that my friend is down to Wenger and he's fucked up big time. He is getting paid the most in the country to do something other manager who aren't on as much do all the time. You may ask who can we replace Wenger with? I answer back with I don't care as long as Wenger is out. Him going will give the fans hope and that is what we need. Build from that and before long once all of wengers wrongs are righted and it might take 2 or 3 managers, I don't know then we can go back to being the Arsenal we know and love.

I think your wrong because you have seen time and time again mangers leaving clubs for because of of the board selling their best players. They have a massive effect on decision making that goes against what managers want and just plain overrides there influence as leader. Although i am not defending Wenger at all(in fact i am pi*sed with him) I cant be blinded with ignorance to believe it's all his fault. The man has done some incredible things and i think some of the chants that was directed at him was disgraceful.

Random example:
I don't think Wenger wanted to sell Song, I think the board wanted to sell him. He never wanted to go even song was disappointing to leave. The board saw they could make a profit (my theory) so they sold him. Song was huge for us last season our second best player last season

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2012, 05:10 AM
So Wengers hands are tied by the board? Then why doesnt he freaking quit?

I just don't get this argument. He doesn't quit because he's the manager of the club. Being the manager does not automatically give him the right to dictate the financial affairs of the club. It wouldn't give him the right to dictate the financial affairs of any club. Redknapp, Benitez, Mancini, either sacked or on the verge because they want one thing but the owners want something else. Yes, they leave "by mutual consent" - code for being sacked. Name any manager that dictates the finances, or name the club that Wenger should quit and move to where he will have control of the finances. Apparently he's asking the board to pay Walcott more. How does this fit in with the general ideas of him being in complete control of the club or reluctant to spend? Isn't it enough to highlight his ongoing faults in terms of his actual role without making up shit about stuff he has no control over?

I agree with the poster above - complaining is one thing but abusing Wenger, calling him a ****, it's a miserable way to carry on. Just about everyone disagrees with him now but that doesn't eliminate what he did for the club in the past and for that alone he deserves respect, even if it's respectful disagreement.

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2012, 08:39 AM

I'm not sure about your last sentence, but no matter, I'm more interested in your Klopp point as you are not the first to mention him. I'd far rather have Moyes, but to get him, assuming the Board had the remotest interest than winning off balance sheet, we'd have to move fast before United go in for him.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 09:13 AM
I just don't get this argument. He doesn't quit because he's the manager of the club. Being the manager does not automatically give him the right to dictate the financial affairs of the club. It wouldn't give him the right to dictate the financial affairs of any club. Redknapp, Benitez, Mancini, either sacked or on the verge because they want one thing but the owners want something else. Yes, they leave "by mutual consent" - code for being sacked. Name any manager that dictates the finances, or name the club that Wenger should quit and move to where he will have control of the finances. Apparently he's asking the board to pay Walcott more. How does this fit in with the general ideas of him being in complete control of the club or reluctant to spend? Isn't it enough to highlight his ongoing faults in terms of his actual role without making up shit about stuff he has no control over?

I agree with the poster above - complaining is one thing but abusing Wenger, calling him a ****, it's a miserable way to carry on. Just about everyone disagrees with him now but that doesn't eliminate what he did for the club in the past and for that alone he deserves respect, even if it's respectful disagreement.

He may not be in control of the money but the Board depend on his word. He's involved with key decisions and I can't imagine him working any other way. RVP sat with Gazdis and Wenger to first discuss his future as an Arsenal player in the summer. From that initial meeting, it was decided that he'd be sold. That was Wenger's decision. He was involved with the whole process and various sources will confirm that, so it's very hard for anyone to try and suggest otherwise.

Fergie has said that he personally called Wenger to get the deal pushed through. Cesc said Wenger got him the move to Barca. I don't for a second believe that Wenger has no say in these matters and couldn't stop them if he kicked up a fuss. Just look at his reaction from the press conference when fans questioned his judgment. If the Board were undermining his judgement on players each year and telling him who he needs in the squad and who he doesn't, he'd hit the roof. Fact is, I think it's the reverse. Frustrated players are questioning Wenger and he hits the roof and sells them if they don't get in line. Wenger did say RVP was sold for footballing reasons and according to reports, RVP was making 'silly' demands regarding who we should sign and the next first team coach. Wenger wasn't having it and won't allow anyone to tell him what to do.

Check Podolski's public statement about wanting to play in the centre and then see Wenger's reaction. He's not going to grant Pod his wish anytime soon and Wenger practically fobbed him off and told him to work harder down the flanks because it's always hard for players physically in the first year. This may be true, but it's pure arrogance. Pires is one example he keeps pointing to but we also have Arshavin as a bad example. It's Wenger's way or the highway. He's too stubborn and will run a player into the ground before conceding a point. This financial fair play stuff and developing players is something he firmly believes in also. It's all linked. I don't think Gaz or PHW could sell any of our players without Wenger's consent.

Apparently he's asking the board to pay Walcott more. How does this fit in with the general ideas of him being in complete control of the club or reluctant to spend? Isn't it enough to highlight his ongoing faults in terms of his actual role without making up shit about stuff he has no control over?

You have to ask why Wenger froze Theo out of the team in the first place and why has it now taken him so long to ask for the Board to offer him a better deal. It all relates. Wenger's reluctance to give Theo games mirrors the stand offish approach we were adopting with his contract talks. If we finally get a deal pushed through now, then it fits into lot of what's been said on here.

Letters
25-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Arsenal are only at the level they are because of Wenger. People would do to remember that.

Yes, he should be making more of the resources he has at his disposal - we DO have more money than he spends, whether he doesn't spend it out of principle, looking longer term, downright delusion. Who knows?
But the fact remains he took Arsenal to a level they hadn't experienced since the 30s before he came.
Graham arguably laid some of the groundwork but his later sides were awful to watch and fairly mid-table.

I suggest people look at our history from from the 50s to the end of the 80s. We won fewer trophies in those 40 years than Wenger won in 8 years. This sense of entitlement we have is mostly because of Wenger. He has failed to maintain the level of the first half of his time with us but he's kept us up there in an era when billionaires have distorted the market and other clubs have spent big to try and break into the top 4 and failed. That shouldn't be dismissed as an achievement - neither should his failure to land a trophy despite being in a position to several times be overlooked.

It is probably time for him to move on now but I will never show him the disrespect that some on here do and I don't think him leaving is a magic bullet which will solve all our issues.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 10:25 AM
When boundaries between the Board and manager erode like this, what do you expect. NQ has no respect for the Board but many people see the Board and Wenger as one so Wenger won't be spared from the sort of disrespect PHW, Stan and Gazidis get on here. It's all well and good talking his history and respect but he's very much a part of the system that's robbing the fans. Saying he should be exempt from that is misguided and part of the reason why we're still stuttering. He sells the lie.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure about your last sentence, but no matter, I'm more interested in your Klopp point as you are not the first to mention him. I'd far rather have Moyes, but to get him, assuming the Board had the remotest interest than winning off balance sheet, we'd have to move fast before United go in for him.

moyes is a tough one. you need to bring in a manager that suits the style of football you play. for example, mcleish goes villa and sticks 10 men behind the ball, a team well known for its expansive brand of football. it was a recipe for disaster. he wasnt utilising his resources efficiently. hodgson was a conservative manager and went to liverpool, an expansive team once again, and ended up failing. why? because he tried sticking 10 men behind the ball when the players he had at his disposal didnt suit that system.

if we bought in moyes id fear the same would happen here. moyes is all about organisation and conservation, he likes to stick 10 men behind the ball and make you tough to beat. do our players suit that system? would we suit a deep lying formation? the players we have here are suited for an expansive, fast flowing brand of football. with moyes id fear it would be another disaster. spurs fans didnt want him for that reason so im not sure he'd work here.

the thing i would say is moyes has certainly impressed this season. sold rodwell and bought in miralles, pienaar, oviedo and naismith. thats good business. he addressed his weaknesses and made sure to strengthen. also jelavic has arguably been a coup. this season everton have played more expansive football and maybe thats because the players they have in their squad suit that type of football now. its not all about sitting deep, defending and playing boring football. they hit teams on the counter and press them high. ive been very impressed this season so maybe the tide is turning and moyes could do a job here. who knows. i also like the fact his teams would run through a brick wall for him. motivation and organisation are his strongest assets and boy do we need that. he works well on a budget so if given the chance he could do wonders. but it would be a huge risk.

my number 1 is still klopp. he's a mini wenger. he was even talking about how man city have ruined football and that spending should be capped about a month ago. its deja vu with what we've been hearing for the past 5 years here. he turned dortmund into the best attacking team in europe all on a relatively small budget. bayern were the top dogs there but he came in, stuck a middle finger up to them and its safe to say german football is on the rise. id love him here because i like his style of football. i like his character, his philosophy and his attitude. toppling bayern is no easy feat because they're the man united of german football; refs bend over backwards for them and view them as top dogs. but dortmund went in and changed that landscape. i pray he comes here but i know with every season that passes he's likely to get nicked by a top top club. if you've got a spare fiver put it on dortmund winning the champions league. no joke. madrid are beatable this year, barca still good but without pep a little vulnerable. german football is on the rise and dortmund look fucking top dollar. ive never seen man city on the backfoot as i did a couple of weeks back when dortmund went there. surprise package of this year i think. and boy they deserve it.

Grebbo
25-11-2012, 10:38 AM
My eyes!!!! What the fuck was that??!! Bloody awful to watch.

At least we didn't lose.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 11:06 AM
+1 on Klopp. Best young manager around at the moment and I'd love to see what he could do with more resources here. What he's done in just 4 years is very similar to what Wenger did in his first 4 years with us. Excellent brand of football and I'm sure he's going to manage an elite club within a few years. He'd get the right players in to suit what he wants to play, he'd take one look at Ramsey, Gervinho etc and get rid of them.

Klopp or Pep would be my Wenger replacements but it'll be down the timing. By the time the stubborn fuck calls it a day we'll be lucky to have these names available to us.

GP
25-11-2012, 11:10 AM
It's got to be Klopp.

I'm not convinced about Moyes. I think the step up will be too much for him and he'll be out of his depth.

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Does Wenger respect the fans by lying to us at every given opportunity? Making such BS comments such as "4th place is a trophy" which had everyone including every true gooner laughing at the poor deluded fool. He is the poster boy for the greed and BS running through our club and he does it willingly. He cares little for winning. Coquelin on for Giroud when we need a goal pretty much confirms that. Fair enough Giroud is a bit shit but he's more likely to score than the Coq. He shows fans no respect and thus fans have started to show him none. The away fans who for the most part have always backed Wenger have turned and were spot on with what they sung. Wenger leaving will be celebrated by all genuine gooners just as much as winning a league title will be

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 11:17 AM
+1 on Klopp. Best young manager around at the moment and I'd love to see what he could do with more resources here. What he's done in just 4 years is very similar to what Wenger did in his first 4 years with us. Excellent brand of football and I'm sure he's going to manage an elite club within a few years.Klopp or Pep would be my Wenger replacements but it'll be down the timing. By the time the stubborn fuck calls it a day we'll be lucky to have these names available to us.It'll be Remi Garde. He's Wenger lite

gooners
25-11-2012, 11:21 AM
The board sells players over wenger's head? And wenger is just an employee? :lol:

good one!

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 11:25 AM
the board sells players over wenger's head? :lol:good one!Tbf they did buy Park over Wengers head...:haha: The Clueless on GW :bow:

Kano
25-11-2012, 11:34 AM
When boundaries between the Board and manager erode like this, what do you expect. NQ has no respect for the Board but many people see the Board and Wenger as one so Wenger won't be spared from the sort of disrespect PHW, Stan and Gazidis get on here. It's all well and good talking his history and respect but he's very much a part of the system that's robbing the fans. Saying he should be exempt from that is misguided and part of the reason why we're still stuttering. He sells the lie.
anyone 'brave' enough to abuse them on an internet forum would no doubt be scared to death to so in real life. it's just sad.

Kano
25-11-2012, 11:35 AM
+1 on Klopp. Best young manager around at the moment and I'd love to see what he could do with more resources here. What he's done in just 4 years is very similar to what Wenger did in his first 4 years with us. Excellent brand of football and I'm sure he's going to manage an elite club within a few years. He'd get the right players in to suit what he wants to play, he'd take one look at Ramsey, Gervinho etc and get rid of them.

Klopp or Pep would be my Wenger replacements but it'll be down the timing. By the time the stubborn fuck calls it a day we'll be lucky to have these names available to us.
i'd actually prefer Marcelo Bielsa.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 11:52 AM
anyone 'brave' enough to abuse them on an internet forum would no doubt be scared to death to so in real life. it's just sad.

That's not the issue because most if the fans chanting yesterday probably wouldn't say that to Wenger in a one on one. Most of the people abusing PHW, Gaz and Stan wouldn't dare say anything if thu had a one on one with them. It goes beyond the Internet. Mob mentality and strength in numbers.

But let's not pretend that we couldn't see this coming. Just watching Sunday Supplement and the pundits are quick to round on the fans in the first opening sentences but as they continue to discuss the problems they start to delve into the sort problems and frustrations that we've been having to deal with for years. Wenger knows there is only one way to silence disgruntled fans because he said it himself a couple of weeks back. The performance on match day is the only way to change things.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Arsenal are only at the level they are because of Wenger. People would do to remember that.

Yes, he should be making more of the resources he has at his disposal - we DO have more money than he spends, whether he doesn't spend it out of principle, looking longer term, downright delusion. Who knows?
But the fact remains he took Arsenal to a level they hadn't experienced since the 30s before he came.
Graham arguably laid some of the groundwork but his later sides were awful to watch and fairly mid-table.

I suggest people look at our history from from the 50s to the end of the 80s. We won fewer trophies in those 40 years than Wenger won in 8 years. This sense of entitlement we have is mostly because of Wenger. He has failed to maintain the level of the first half of his time with us but he's kept us up there in an era when billionaires have distorted the market and other clubs have spent big to try and break into the top 4 and failed. That shouldn't be dismissed as an achievement - neither should his failure to land a trophy despite being in a position to several times be overlooked.

It is probably time for him to move on now but I will never show him the disrespect that some on here do and I don't think him leaving is a magic bullet which will solve all our issues.

i get that but at what point do we say enough is enough? we're being milked for all our money and the team has degenerated into a pile of crap. we used to be in and around the title hunt until the later stages of the season but since the carling cup defeat we've been way off. that loss broke the camels back and wenger should have left. but he didnt and we're paying for it now. when is the last straw? does it really have to get to liverpool's situation before people open their eyes? because by then it will be too late.

for how long do we keep hoping an old dog learns new tricks? wenger got us into this position and we all thank him for that. we wouldnt be where we are without him, we get that, but for how long do we keep trudging along accepting everything the way it is? its not acceptable. we're living in a world where you need to stay competitive, my old man bleats on about it all the time. if you fall behind you wont be able to catch up anytime quick. just ask liverpool fans. there's no love for the modest and no sympathy for the losers. it's all about success and we should be moving forward but we're not. we're being constantly lied to by the board and the manager, and in the same process, are being told we cant even question the manager. how is that fair? who exactly is wenger accountable to? because gazidis stood up at last year's AGM and said it was the fans but when the fans speak up we're told to quieten down. where's the consistency?

instead of providing answers we're being insulted. wenger says he has been in the game for 30 years and that he doesnt have to justify his decisions. id counter that and say over the past 30 years ive never seen a manager earn so much money when he has so many flaws.

we all want the best for the club and i think we're all starting to realise its without wenger. i said it earlier and ill say it again, deep down in your heart of hearts, you me and everybody knows we aren't winning anything with wenger in charge. not one more trophy. now you can point to chelsea winning the champions league last year but they had someone who employed a bit of common sense. we dont even have that.

whilst ach exaggerates when he says the genuine gooners will celebrate when wenger leaves, i think it shows how far wenger has fallen. ill shed a tear when he leaves but its not because im sorry he left, its because im sorry it ended up like this. i know one thing and thats when wenger finally leaves it will be relief. it may not be rosy for a while but how can it be worse? we aren't even playing players in the natural positions. in fact we aren't even playing attractive football anymore which was our king pin for so many years. a new manager gives us hope, a new vision and will get more support. the only downfall is that i dont trust those tossers on the board to get in the right man. but thats for another debate.

i used to defend wenger but with every week that passes it becomes less of a problem with board and finances and more of a problem with tactics and squad. that is down to wenger. he gets paid £7m a year and instills the wrong tactics. that isnt acceptable. its basic.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 12:17 PM
How and when will he leave? That's the question.

If he stays this course, I think he's going to do the club and fans some serious damage internally. We've touched on it briefly, issues regarding divided fans and factions, but we're only just seeing the start of it. It can get a lot worse if someone within the club doesn't get to grips with what's happening. The frustration is boiling over and when you get that sort of reaction from the fans, we're going to get pundits and some fans calling for respect and saying we're out of order as seen on Sunday Supplement. But how else is this going to end if Wenger doesn't gracefully bow out?

It's only going to get worse and the fans are going to come out looking terrible. As said, Wenger will fall on his own sword and I fear the fans will have to push him before he walks. Reading his post game reaction...I get the impression he'll quit out of protest or feeling personally insulted and embarrassed. That's not the way for him to go and as much as that makes him look bad it will reflect badly on us because he's got history here. But he has to read the signs or someone up on the board has to make some decisive decisions because this situation could explode and turn into a real painful memory for everyone. The Invincible era stuff has been long forgotten by many that's why there is so much disrespect and anger. It's be covered over in the bullshit seen over the last 7 years.

Kano
25-11-2012, 12:32 PM
he'll still be here when the ffp kicks in.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 12:34 PM
:lol: leave him alone.

i like the current crop of newbies.

josh apologised the other day and now this guy bows out gracefully.

is goonersweb turning for the better? i'd say we're 2% away. still in the waiting period.

Newbie??Isn't he the same Notwist we had in old Gweb- you might finally be wrong about something :good:

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 12:38 PM
he'll still be here when the ffp kicks in.

Do you think that will change much? We didn't struggle to beat a team with more resources than us yesterday. Villa were in the relegation zone.

GP
25-11-2012, 12:41 PM

Spot on.

Anyone who disrespects the man doesn't deserve to have their own opinions respected.

The cunts.

Kano
25-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Do you think that will change much? We didn't struggle to beat a team with more resources than us yesterday. Villa were in the relegation zone.
we'll be a top 6 club by then, still clinging on to the never ending ffp dream.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 01:04 PM
How and when will he leave? That's the question.

If he stays this course, I think he's going to do the club and fans some serious damage internally. We've touched on it briefly, issues regarding divided fans and factions, but we're only just seeing the start of it. It can get a lot worse if someone within the club doesn't get to grips with what's happening. The frustration is boiling over and when you get that sort of reaction from the fans, we're going to get pundits and some fans calling for respect and saying we're out of order as seen on Sunday Supplement. But how else is this going to end if Wenger doesn't gracefully bow out?

It's only going to get worse and the fans are going to come out looking terrible. As said, Wenger will fall on his own sword and I fear the fans will have to push him before he walks. Reading his post game reaction...I get the impression he'll quit out of protest or feeling personally insulted and embarrassed. That's not the way for him to go and as much as that makes him look bad it will reflect badly on us because he's got history here. But he has to read the signs or someone up on the board has to make some decisive decisions because this situation could explode and turn into a real painful memory for everyone. The Invincible era stuff has been long forgotten by many that's why there is so much disrespect and anger. It's be covered over in the bullshit seen over the last 7 years.

he wont leave. wenger bangs on about being loyal to every contract he's had. why would he leave. he's earning top money and got complete control at a club, something very rare these days. ill give him some serious props if he walked away because its whats best for the club but he wont. he's gonna milk and exhaust this reign just like he's exhausted everything else he's done for the past 7 years. even when he leaves do you really trust those mobs on the board to appoint the right man. fat chance. they'll want to keep their roi going and wont jeopardise that with a pep. pep spent something like 150m euros during his reign at barca so you can forget about him. he has the opportunity to turn chelsea into another barcelona with the backing of a blank chequed madman. he'll go there, earn a fortune and win a serious amount of trophies. the only thing we have going for us is class and history but as you say, by the time wenger leaves, the former might be extinct.

gooners
25-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Phw has also been in charge of the club for decades -- he was here before wenger came in; in fact he was chair of the board that installed wenger.

So anybody that disrespects PHW (on an internet forum or at matches) doesn't deserve to be taken seriously; does that work? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Phw has also been in charge of the club for decades -- he was here before wenger came in; in fact he was chair of the board that installed wenger.So anybody that disrespects PHW doesn't deserve to be taken seriously; does that work? :unsure:Pretty much. Hypocritical GW :bow:

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Phw has also been in charge of the club for decades -- he was here before wenger came in; in fact he was chair of the board that installed wenger.

So anybody that disrespects PHW (on an internet forum or at matches) doesn't deserve to be taken seriously; does that work? :unsure:

Exactly my point. Works on so many levels.

Kano
25-11-2012, 01:15 PM

there is usually a dividing line between disrespect and abuse in most sensible peoples minds.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 01:17 PM
he wont leave. wenger bangs on about being loyal to every contract he's had. why would he leave. he's earning top money and got complete control at a club, something very rare these days. ill give him some serious props if he walked away because its whats best for the club but he wont. he's gonna milk and exhaust this reign just like he's exhausted everything else he's done for the past 7 years. even when he leaves do you really trust those mobs on the board to appoint the right man. fat chance. they'll want to keep their roi going and wont jeopardise that with a pep. pep spent something like 150m euros during his reign at barca so you can forget about him. he has the opportunity to turn chelsea into another barcelona with the backing of a blank chequed madman. he'll go there, earn a fortune and win a serious amount of trophies. the only thing we have going for us is class and history but as you say, by the time wenger leaves, the former might be extinct.

According to reports, Pep wants Man Utd and not Chelsea. There is no way he'd want that trigger happy Russian as his boss. If he wants to build a lasting legacy and tale what he's learned from Barca to another club, I wouldn't rule us out totally. We're a catch for any manager.

gooners
25-11-2012, 01:20 PM
there is usually a dividing line between disrespect and abuse in most sensible peoples minds.

Similar to calling other clubs' fans/managers scum/****s/fat/twitchy etc. --- or that is merely in jest? ;)

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 01:22 PM
The board sells players over wenger's head? And wenger is just an employee? :lol:

good one!

Adding to the brilliant contribution PnG made on that myth already- in the real world, even the law recognises that a Manager can"t manage if he doesn't have control of a club's transfer policy. I've quoted the Keegan v Newcastle case a few times already to the cult of Arsene- but here I go again:
Keegan's dispute with the club was resolved in October 2009. The tribunal ruled in favour of Keegan, agreeing that Newcastle had constructively dismissed him by insisting on the signing of midfielder Ignacio González on loan completely against his wishes. The ruling[78] was based around seven issues. The panel declared that Keegan had been misled to believe he had the final decision on player transfers, and was never explicitly told in writing, his contract, or word of mouth that he didn't or that his role would see him essentially report to others. Given the generally understood role of a Premiership manager, the panel agreed he could reasonably expect that this was not a factor. The club's signing of González meant that they had violated his employment contract, which amounted to constructive dismissal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Keegan
Summary: Keegan quit when he couldn't bear that Mike Ashley had forced a loan signing on him and sued Newcastle for " sacking him" (which they actually never directly did) because they breached his contract by the singular act of imposing a player on him. He won.

Kano
25-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Similar to calling other clubs' fans/managers scum/****s/fat/twitchy etc. --- or that is merely in jest? ;)
same thing. the people that say it and mean it are absolute retards.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 01:25 PM

welcome to goonersweb.

let me point you in the direction of the BWK's who are the inconsistent hypocritical movement. be careful what you write though as they have a strong foothold on this board. unless of course you dont give a fuck, in which i welcome you to our movement. feel free to express yourself with as many expletives as you want.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 02:05 PM
BTW the Klopp lovefest has me grinning seeing as I was probably his first public fan on this forum and tried selling him to the "there's no one like Wenger brigade" pointing out how he had succeeded practically everywhere AW had failed; but unfortunately they started last season badly, ended up in the same CL group as us and came last- so the "Arsene is the best manager in the World" group felt vindicated, as we were in a better position at that time. What they forgot to point out was that Dortmund had just gotten into the CL for the first time in ages, they outplayed us over the 2 legs last year and that football seasonal ambitions do not end in January for most top clubs. This Dortmund proved by recovering from the CL exit and early league setbacks to later win the title that same year with a Bundesliga record amount of points (despite the fact that Bayern had started like a house on fire and spent millions as usual) and add more salt to treble chasing Bayern"s woes by besting them in the final of the cup-to claim their first double.

Anyway I still believe 80% of top managers could add the life that has been drained out of us due to Wengers repugnant stagnancy- and though I'd now prefer an impact manager like Mourinho/Hiddink to a developmental manager like Klopp ATM- we just need to make a f##king change ASAP- and thats what is truly important!!n

Dennis Bendtner
25-11-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjhKQw2Sso

Come at me bro! Just some context for the quotes. It is quite frosty.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 02:08 PM
He has gone little bit militant.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 02:22 PM
:haha:

press giving it back to him big time. would they dare do that to sir alex or even rodgers?

how the mighty have fallen.

GP
25-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Handled that like a boss.

Giving then the short shrift their stupid questions deserved.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 02:29 PM

That is frosty. It puts things in to context because he's being critical of the reporters and not the traveling fans but he needs to get a firm grip on this situation because they media will stir this shit up. They'll play both sides of the fence if it gets a another juicy story/saga from this club. They'll come across all sympathetic to disgruntled and disillusioned fans, turn the knife on the club when we fail to sign anyone come January and when the Emirates erupts, they'll turn the spotlight on the fans and start twisting the knife there.

The club needs to turn this shit around because the vultures are circling.

Cripps_orig
25-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Wenger :haha: He truly is a joke

milla
25-11-2012, 02:35 PM
BTW the Klopp lovefest has me grinning seeing as I was probably his first public fan on this forum and tried selling him to the "there's no one like Wenger brigade" pointing out how he had succeeded practically everywhere AW had failed; but unfortunately they started last season badly, ended up in the same CL group as us and came last- so the "Arsene is the best manager in the World" group felt vindicated, as we were in a better position at that time. What they forgot to point out was that Dortmund had just gotten into the CL for the first time in ages, they outplayed us over the 2 legs last year and that football seasonal ambitions do not end in January for most top clubs. This Dortmund proved by recovering from the CL exit and early league setbacks to later win the title that same year with a Bundesliga record amount of points (despite the fact that Bayern had started like a house on fire and spent millions as usual) and add more salt to treble chasing Bayern"s woes by besting them in the final of the cup-to claim their first double.

Anyway I still believe 80% of top managers could add the life that has been drained out of us due to Wengers repugnant stagnancy- and though I'd now prefer an impact manager like Mourinho/Hiddink to a developmental manager like Klopp ATM- we just need to make a f##king change ASAP- and thats what is truly important!!n

Why would Klopp come to Arsenal? Dortmund is winning trophies left and right, playing in CL, has a 80000 seat stadium full to brim week in and week out, making profits every year and actually has a strong dynamic young team who loves to play or him. Why on earth would he leave Dortmund? lol. :coffee:

Özim
25-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Wenger :haha: He truly is a joke
He really is, he's even more embarrassing then before and it was already cringeworthy then, the guy has no respect for the fans...but at the end of the day he get's a nice big slice of the pie.

He talks about what was written last Sept/Oct etc as if we did well last season......we were out of all competitions by February :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
25-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Handled that like a boss.

Giving then the short shrift their stupid questions deserved.

could you imagine them doing that to ferguason? not a chance. the media dont give a flying fuck about us, they are just pretending so they can slaugther arsene. i remember loads of articles last year slating us as fans

Özim
25-11-2012, 02:54 PM
yeah people who call for redknapp to replace wenger dont deserve to have their opinions respected tbh
Like anyone listens to you :lol:

Özim
25-11-2012, 02:55 PM

could you imagine them doing that to ferguason? not a chance. the media dont give a flying fuck about us, they are just pretending so they can slaugther arsene. i remember loads of articles last year slating us as fans
No, because he wins stuff and doesn't embarrass himself like this.

In addition he uses tactics and makes logical substitutions and learns from his mistakes.

Ollie the Optimist
25-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Like anyone listens to you :lol:

tbh they are more likely to listen to someone who actually watches the games, then someone who doesn't, claims he is to busy but will happily post on a forum moaning about wenger everytime there is a bad result

Ollie the Optimist
25-11-2012, 02:56 PM
No, because he wins stuff and doesn't embarrass himself like this.

In addition he uses tactics and makes logical substitutions.

last year, he told journalists that they were stupid for thinking they would be knocked out of the group stages in the CL. what happened? they got knocked out. they fucked up an 8 point lead over their rivals last year. they got thrashed by them. he's hardly had a good year yet he is still rude to journalists

Özim
25-11-2012, 02:57 PM
tbh they are more likely to listen to someone who actually watches the games, then someone who doesn't, claims he is to busy but will happily post on a forum moaning about wenger everytime there is a bad result
:lol: Noone listens to you because you have a record of speaking nonsense, that's not me saying it, it's generally acknowledged, no offence but you made your own reputation.

Özim
25-11-2012, 02:58 PM
last year, he told journalists that they were stupid for thinking they would be knocked out of the group stages in the CL. what happened? they got knocked out. they fucked up an 8 point lead over their rivals last year. they got thrashed by them. he's hardly had a good year yet he is still rude to journalists
He actually competed in the league last year, even if in the end he failed....and every year they are competitive even with far inferior teams to the opposition. Yes they went out at the group stages of the CL, but his record is far far better than Wenger's in the CL I'm afraid.

The press respect a manager who delivers success year on year, who wouldn't he's proven himself time and time again.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
here we go

BWK vs TPS *

round 489

lets keep it clean for the first 2 rounds guys.

come on zimm do us proud son.

*the Bandwaggon Knobs vs the Truth Prevails Society

Ollie the Optimist
:lol: Noone listens to you because you have a record of speaking nonsense, that's no me saying it, it's generally acknowledged, no offence but you made your own reputation.

yeah i speak nonsense, however its nothing compared to you calling for redknapp for arsenal. where pretty much no one supported you in that argument and you made to look a fool. but yeah im the stupid one

Özim
25-11-2012, 03:00 PM
yeah i speak nonsense, however its nothing compared to you calling for redknapp for arsenal. where pretty much no one supported you in that argument and you made to look a fool. but yeah im the stupid one
F*ck me are you still going on about that? Change the record because your argument is very lame....that's the only point you seem to be able to make...Redknapp this Redknapp that. Sometimes you make mistakes, I learn from them.....you don't seem to.

Ollie the Optimist
25-11-2012, 03:01 PM
He actually competed in the league last year, even if in the end he failed....and every year they are competitive even with far inferior teams to the opposition. Yes they went out at the group stages of the CL, but his record is far far better than Wenger's in the CL I'm afraid.

The press respect a manager who delivers success year on year, who wouldn't he's proven himself time and time again.

i would have loved to have seen your reaction if it was us 8 points clear of tottenham and losing the league to them. you wouldnt be saying they compteted in the leauge then. you would kick off a shitstorm.

my point was fergie failed last year and was rude to journalists but thats ok, wenger snaps at them and you moan about him

Özim
25-11-2012, 03:04 PM
i would have loved to have seen your reaction if it was us 8 points clear of tottenham and losing the league to them. you wouldnt be saying they compteted in the leauge then. you would kick off a shitstorm.

my point was fergie failed last year and was rude to journalists but thats ok, wenger snaps at them and you moan about him
It wasn't great for them, but i'll tell you what if our manager had delivered success as much and regularly as Ferguson has....you'd accept it as a blip. Our manager seems to be stuck in a permanent blip.

Like I said they respect Ferguson because he's earnt it and proved himself, Wenger BS all the time, comes out with lets face it nonsense and doesn't acknolwedge any of the flaws of his team...in addition he's delivered nothing in 7 years and still acts as if he knows it all....if that's the case why did Birmingham beat us in the CC final, why can't he win anything anymore, why do all his best players want out?

Let's stop comparing Ferguson with Wenger, one is a proven manager who's done it all, the other one is a clown who masquerades as a manager these days, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Morris Minor.

SayNoMore
25-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Wenger might have snapped at the journalists and not the fans but the questions were legit and correct. The fans do deserve an explanation and his defensive, hostile attitude and his non coherent answers suggest he knows he fucked up again or he is mental. The guy should be a politician, always talking nonsense and he would have a quite a small deluded cult constantly following him judging by some of GW responses.

Get out of your love bubble with Wenger, smell the coffee and realise that a manager, who i still respect and rate purely for sentimental reasons, is not bigger than the club. He has lost whatever spark he had when he came. We always get 50% out of every fucking squad, even when we have players to win the league we underachieve. The team we have now, i still dont question their individual talent. A team with wilshere,cazorla,ox,podolski, sagna, plus our 3 CDs, should be doing so much better than it is currently and the exact same applies to the teams which had Nari, RVP, Cesc, Ade etc. The consensus is there for everyone to see and Wenger needs to walk away at the end of his contract without a doubt. Support AFC as a club not an individual.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2012, 03:24 PM
It wasn't great for them, but i'll tell you what if our manager had delivered success as much and regularly as Ferguson has....you'd accept it as a blip. Our manager seems to be stuck in a permanent blip.

Like I said they respect Ferguson because he's earnt it and proved himself, Wenger BS all the time, comes out with lets face it nonsense and doesn't acknolwedge any of the flaws of his team...in addition he's delivered nothing in 7 years and still acts as if he knows it all....if that's the case why did Birmingham beat us in the CC final, why can't he win anything anymore, why do all his best players want out?

Let's stop comparing Ferguson with Wenger, one is a proven manager who's done it all, the other one is a clown who masquerades as a manager these days, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Morris Minor.

there we have it.

another win for the mighty TPS.

what's that, 7 years without a trophy for BWK? :lol:

and they charge the highest membership fees in the country :haha:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Why would Klopp come to Arsenal? Dortmund is winning trophies left and right, playing in CL, has a 80000 seat stadium full to brim week in and week out, making profits every year and actually has a strong dynamic young team who loves to play or him. Why on earth would he leave Dortmund? lol. :coffee:

Because despite Wumgers best efforts- Arsenal is still the bigger team. It's like asking an animator why he would want to join Disney??

And honestly why do people keep asking this silly question- despite how bad things are for us now, the only logically valid question still remains- "why wouldn't a manager want to come to Arsenal??" Here's the checklist:

1. History- check
2. Fan Base- check
3. Rich- check
4.Financial Stability- check
5. Supportive Board- check
6.Top Billing- check
7. Good players to work with- check
8. Job security/enabling enviornment- check
9. Best League in the world - check
and more important to a really ambitious manager is that we've now had a long period of failure/underachievement- and thus he now has a chance to right his name in the stars if he starts of kicking (just like AW did whjen he first came). Let's not forget that all Rafa had to do was win a CL and scousers worshiped him. Why didn't Di Matteo triumph have the same effect??

Also it doesn't hurt that AW probably earns trebble what Klopp earns ATM. In fact there is no manager in World football that we can't pay his wages comfortably.

Self defeatist gooners need to realise there is a big difference between sucking and actually being certifed shit.

Globalgunner
25-11-2012, 03:31 PM
The only thing thats certain is that we are not making any progress with wenger still in charge. I really didnt know that there were any dedicated AKB`s still out there, but they along with others like them will in time come around to seeing their way clear. Wenger wont leave Arsenal of his own volition because there is nothing out there for him. He cannot leave the comfort zone of a club tailor made to his eccenticities, where coming 3rd is treated like a major coup, becuase 4th was the actual target.
Why should wenger be immune from abuse because he won doubles 8 years or more ago. Sometimes i wonder if Bendtner or Henry had scored those crucial goals and we won the CL if we would EVER be able to see the back of him. Going by the words of some here, IF that had happened he would have been interred on the cente circle of the Emirates. Clubs like Pool, ManU erect statues to managers who have won truly great things but here we worship Wenger simply because we havent seen anyone better come through our doors.
He deserves whatever abuse he gets because he is doing a bad job and paid extraordinarily for our pain. The PMs and presidents get roundly crucified in every means possible and gets paid less for doing mauch more difficult jobs.

Everything boils down to the current mentality at this club. we have no great desire for success on the pitch and that comes from the board and wenger has taken this as his totem, nothing will change while either or both remain in place

Personally i dont give a monkeys about our performances. Only relegation would make me sad, only Wenger Leaving would make me feel like a fan again.

milla
25-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Because despite Wumgers best efforts- Arsenal is still the bigger team. It's like asking an animator why he would want to join Disney??

And honestly why do people keep asking this silly question- despite how bad things are for us now, the only logically valid question still remains- "why wouldn't a manager want to come to Arsenal??" Here's the checklist:

1. History- check
2. Fan Base- check
3. Rich- check
4.Financial Stability- check
5. Supportive Board- check
6.Top Billing- check
7. Good players to work with- check
8. Job security/enabling enviornment- check
9. Best League in the world - check
and more important to a really ambitious manager is that we've now had a long period of failure/underachievement- and thus he now has a chance to right his name in the stars if he starts of kicking (just like AW did whjen he first came). Let's not forget that all Rafa had to do was win a CL and scousers worshiped him. Why didn't Di Matteo triumph have the same effect??

Also it doesn't hurt that AW probably earns trebble what Klopp earns ATM. In fact there is no manager in World football that we can't pay his wages comfortably.

Self defeatist gooners need to realise there is a big difference between sucking and actually being certifed shit.

LOL Dortmund has a long history if not longer than Arsenal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia_Dortmund

A brand spanking new stadium and very large fan base in Germany (and Europe), they are are not tier 2 Europen clubs like Montpelier or Lille. You could say PL is bigger league but at current debt rate, this could easily go upside down (like the way Italian and Spanish did). :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Sad sequence of postings from the usual suspects.

Wah, wah, wah. Why won't Wenger leave? GTFO Wenger. Wenger this, Wenger that, Wenger controls the club, all the usual bullshit but now with the added twist of seeing the blow it up gang lining up behind the press to persecute the manager - the British media FFS! And going as far as to apologise for PHW, a guy who inherited his position and sold it the moment key individuals were ejected. "We don't want his sort here", right up until the cash was flashed and Pete realised he'd get a chunk. Yeah, there's a huge similarity between Wenger and PHW, LOL. An Arsenal man through an through is our Pete.

The whole time the most obvious fact is overlooked. If the board wanted Wenger out then Wenger would be out. So the fans can scream all they want about Wenger but until they start directing that fire at the individuals who can actually get them what they want then they are wasting their time and boring the rest of us to death in the process. It all seems far too contrived. Ignore the elephant in the room and press every ounce of blame onto one guy. That's realistic, isn't it? And get Klopp in while you are at it because that'll change the board's agenda overnight, won't it? Stands to reason, provided you don't think anything through realistically. Of course Klopp could always join and then quit in protest, that would be useful and necessary in fact or else he'd be in the same position of having to go along with the agenda. Whether he's take the opportunity to criticise his bosses at every turn, who knows? My money is on no, he wouldn't.

And a special mention again to the "told you so" self-congratulation crew. Well done boys. There's no way to test if your half solutions would be successful because guess what, the board is still here and the board still wants Wenger to be here. It must be murder having to dodge around that all the time to get at Wenger.

It's amazing how some fans just don't get that Arsenal is now an investment vehicle. Fine, go ahead and change the manager, the players, the stadium, the pitch, the menu, whatever you want. I accept the fact the current manager is fucking up in a lot of respects. But I also accept the very obvious fact he's doing pretty well in other areas that would probably crush other managers, such as having to sell his key players every year. Now to the people suggesting he wants to do that so he can make money for his bosses - grow the fuck up really. Stop making shit up and adding two and two to get nine hundred. Player sales is the area where Wenger has diverged the most from the board, even to the point of making himself look ridiculous. He even said we couldn't be a big club if we sold our top players. Do you think that went down well in the boardroom? Now he wants for money for Walcott to stay, I can't wait to see how this is spun into an attempt to force Walcott out. I want him to stay, I think he will stay, give him more money - Wenger forces Walcott out! LOL guys, just LOL.

Quick note to those who assume otherwise, if I saw Kroenke I CERTAINLY would call him a **** right to his face. I've never had any problems telling the truth. I wouldn't do it in public where he'd get the benefit of trying to assume the moral high ground. But in private, no problems. Anyone who came into our club knowing nothing about it beyond the investment potential who then set out to pillage it would get the same response from me. I'm just surprised every fan doesn't see it the same way.

As for Wenger, I wouldn't have any problems telling him about himself either and commenting in detail about how his stubborness is costing us on the pitch - IN MY OPINION - because we're outside after all looking in, so maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be as effective as Wenger in the management role. It has to be entertained as a possibility at least. But I'd keep at the back of my mind the deep admiration I felt for the guy when he was guiding the best footballing team I've ever seen to so much (earned not bought) glory. And that would help me achieve a balance to any frustration I am feeling at the current state of affairs.

PHW though. Seriously? Fuck him. He has his money, he's shovelled the club into the hands of theives and gangsters, he's not even connected to Arsenal any more after his sell out. Fuck him. He's just a lingering stink. Respect? For what?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL Dortmund has a long history if not longer than Arsenal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia_Dortmund

A brand spanking new stadium and very large fan base in Germany (and Europe), they are are not tier 2 Europen clubs like Montpelier or Lille. You could say PL is bigger league but at current debt rate, this could easily go upside down (like the way Italian and Spanish did). :coffee:

Mate, I've been watching Dortmund since Chapuisat- they are not a bigger club than Arsenal, end of. Newcastle's stadium was once bigger than ours, that still didn't make them a bigger club than us.

Letters
25-11-2012, 04:21 PM
i get that but at what point do we say enough is enough? we're being milked for all our money and the team has degenerated into a pile of crap. we used to be in and around the title hunt until the later stages of the season but since the carling cup defeat we've been way off. that loss broke the camels back and wenger should have left. but he didnt and we're paying for it now. when is the last straw? does it really have to get to liverpool's situation before people open their eyes? because by then it will be too late.

for how long do we keep hoping an old dog learns new tricks? wenger got us into this position and we all thank him for that. we wouldnt be where we are without him, we get that, but for how long do we keep trudging along accepting everything the way it is? its not acceptable. we're living in a world where you need to stay competitive, my old man bleats on about it all the time. if you fall behind you wont be able to catch up anytime quick. just ask liverpool fans. there's no love for the modest and no sympathy for the losers. it's all about success and we should be moving forward but we're not. we're being constantly lied to by the board and the manager, and in the same process, are being told we cant even question the manager. how is that fair? who exactly is wenger accountable to? because gazidis stood up at last year's AGM and said it was the fans but when the fans speak up we're told to quieten down. where's the consistency?

instead of providing answers we're being insulted. wenger says he has been in the game for 30 years and that he doesnt have to justify his decisions. id counter that and say over the past 30 years ive never seen a manager earn so much money when he has so many flaws.

we all want the best for the club and i think we're all starting to realise its without wenger. i said it earlier and ill say it again, deep down in your heart of hearts, you me and everybody knows we aren't winning anything with wenger in charge. not one more trophy. now you can point to chelsea winning the champions league last year but they had someone who employed a bit of common sense. we dont even have that.

whilst ach exaggerates when he says the genuine gooners will celebrate when wenger leaves, i think it shows how far wenger has fallen. ill shed a tear when he leaves but its not because im sorry he left, its because im sorry it ended up like this. i know one thing and thats when wenger finally leaves it will be relief. it may not be rosy for a while but how can it be worse? we aren't even playing players in the natural positions. in fact we aren't even playing attractive football anymore which was our king pin for so many years. a new manager gives us hope, a new vision and will get more support. the only downfall is that i dont trust those tossers on the board to get in the right man. but thats for another debate.

i used to defend wenger but with every week that passes it becomes less of a problem with board and finances and more of a problem with tactics and squad. that is down to wenger. he gets paid £7m a year and instills the wrong tactics. that isnt acceptable. its basic.
I don't disagree with any of that but I'm not going to call the man a ****.
You can accuse Wenger of many things but not caring isn't one of them IMO. I genuinely think he's doing what he thinks is best for the club and I think he has had one eye on the longer term. Even now he'd leave us in a better state than he found us. I'll be sad when he goes and I agree it'll partly be sadness that his legacy has been somewhat tainted by the last few years. But I'll still be grateful for where he took us.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Wah, wah, wah. Why won't Wenger leave? GTFO Wenger. Wenger this, Wenger that, Wenger controls the club, all the usual bullshit but now with the added twist of seeing the blow it up gang lining up behind the press to persecute the manager - the British media FFS! And going as far as to apologise for PHW, a guy who inherited his position and sold it the moment key individuals were ejected. "We don't want his sort here", right up until the cash was flashed and Pete realised he'd get a chunk. Yeah, there's a huge similarity between Wenger and PHW, LOL. An Arsenal man through an through is our Pete.

The whole time the most obvious fact is overlooked. If the board wanted Wenger out then Wenger would be out. So the fans can scream all they want about Wenger but until they start directing that fire at the individuals who can actually get them what they want then they are wasting their time and boring the rest of us to death in the process. It all seems far too contrived. Ignore the elephant in the room and press every ounce of blame onto one guy. That's realistic, isn't it? And get Klopp in while you are at it because that'll change the board's agenda overnight, won't it? Stands to reason, provided you don't think anything through realistically. Of course Klopp could always join and then quit in protest, that would be useful and necessary in fact or else he'd be in the same position of having to go along with the agenda. Whether he's take the opportunity to criticise his bosses at every turn, who knows? My money is on no, he wouldn't.

And a special mention again to the "told you so" self-congratulation crew. Well done boys. There's no way to test if your half solutions would be successful because guess what, the board is still here and the board still wants Wenger to be here. It must be murder having to dodge around that all the time to get at Wenger.

It's amazing how some fans just don't get that Arsenal is now an investment vehicle. Fine, go ahead and change the manager, the players, the stadium, the pitch, the menu, whatever you want. I accept the fact the current manager is fucking up in a lot of respects. But I also accept the very obvious fact he's doing pretty well in other areas that would probably crush other managers, such as having to sell his key players every year. Now to the people suggesting he wants to do that so he can make money for his bosses - grow the fuck up really. Stop making shit up and adding two and two to get nine hundred. Player sales is the area where Wenger has diverged the most from the board, even to the point of making himself look ridiculous. He even said we couldn't be a big club if we sold our top players. Do you think that went down well in the boardroom? Now he wants for money for Walcott to stay, I can't wait to see how this is spun into an attempt to force Walcott out. I want him to stay, I think he will stay, give him more money - Wenger forces Walcott out! LOL guys, just LOL.

Quick note to those who assume otherwise, if I saw Kroenke I CERTAINLY would call him a **** right to his face. I've never had any problems telling the truth. I wouldn't do it in public where he'd get the benefit of trying to assume the moral high ground. But in private, no problems. Anyone who came into our club knowing nothing about it beyond the investment potential who then set out to pillage it would get the same response from me. I'm just surprised every fan doesn't see it the same way.

As for Wenger, I wouldn't have any problems telling him about himself either and commenting in detail about how his stubborness is costing us on the pitch - IN MY OPINION - because we're outside after all looking in, so maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be as effective as Wenger in the management role. It has to be entertained as a possibility at least. But I'd keep at the back of my mind the deep admiration I felt for the guy when he was guiding the best footballing team I've ever seen to so much (earned not bought) glory. And that would help me achieve a balance to any frustration I am feeling at the current state of affairs.

PHW though. Seriously? Fuck him. He has his money, he's shovelled the club into the hands of theives and gangsters, he's not even connected to Arsenal any more after his sell out. Fuck him. He's just a lingering stink. Respect? For what?

This is getting silly.

Fergie called Wenger to get the RVP deal sorted and Fabregas said Wenger got the Board to lower the asking price so he could move to Barca.

Seeing Wenger's reaction to the press conference, do you really think Wenger would stand for some upstairs to interfere with his affairs on the field?

milla
25-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Mate, I've been watching Dortmund since Chapuisat- they are not a bigger club than Arsenal, end of. Newcastle's stadium was once bigger than ours, that still didn't make them a bigger club than us.

lol whatever, I can say I watched Dortmund since before you were suckling your mom tits, end of.. !? They got European medals which we don't have and they currently doing a lot better than us. At least they don't have our small club mentality. :coffee:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 04:35 PM
This is getting silly.

Fergie called Wenger to get the RVP deal sorted and Fabregas said Wenger got the Board to lower the asking price so he could move to Barca.

Seeing Wenger's reaction to the press conference, do you really think Wenger would stand for some upstairs to interfere with his affairs on the field?

Why bother?? I remember wasting my time posting links to seperate interviews where PHW and our former Big Boss Fiszman said clearly they had never and couldn't ever imagine saying NO to Wenger. These interviews were years apart. It is on public record that only Wenger has never been overruled in this club- Dein was, PHW was, the guy intially in charge of our stadium was- but hey......... It's mostly the boards fault because they keep supporting their manager :doh: I give up.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree, Dortmund aren't a small club and have won the Champs League and domestic cups and league titles in recent years. We're a catch for any manager but I don't see the point in Klopp leaving Dortmund to come here. He's doing a great job there and has a chance to secure his own legacy. Arsenal would be a more of a side step for him and the same sort of challenge.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 04:41 PM
lol whatever, I can say I watched Dortmund since before you were suckling your mom tits, end of.. !? They got European medals which we don't have and they currently doing a lot better than us. At least they don't have our small club mentality. :coffee:

Look, this isn't a dick measuring competition- Dortmund is a big club (and so is Newcastle) but everyone knows, including their manager that Dortmund isn't a bigger club than Arsenal- so stop wasting my time. (Hint- try using google in your quest to prove the impossible).

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Why bother?? I remember wasting my time posting links to seperate interviews where PHW and our former Big Boss Fiszman said clearly they had never and couldn't ever imagine saying NO to Wenger. These interviews were years apart. It is on public record that only Wenger has never been overruled in this club- Dein was, PHW was, the guy intially in charge of our stadium was- but hey......... It's mostly the boards fault because they keep supporting their manager :doh: I give up.

I hear you. It's a ridiculous argument but it's the only way NQ can exclude Wenger from the stinging criticism he usually dishes out to people like PHW, Stan and Gazidis. Even Dein gets it and he was the guy that introduced Wenger to the fans and Board.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Here are links to comments he made about us- and then tell me if these sound like comments made by a manager at a bigger club:

www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2011/09/13/2664451/borussia-dortmunds-jurgen-klopp-on-arsenal-draw-a-great

http://blogs.bettor.com/Borussia-Dortmund-manager-Jurgen-Klopp-targeting-a-win-against-Arsenal-UCL-news-a113015

www.blogs.bettor.com/Jurgen-Klopp-predicts-a-tough-encounter-for-his-side-against-Arsenal-UCL-News-a113784

www.givemefootball.com/view.aspx?edid=175786&path=/premier-league/dortmund-chief-downplays-liverpool-and-arsenal-lin

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I tired to balance it out and look for where our manager was linked to Dortmund or referred to them as the superior club- but google couldn't help with that.

It did however show the likes of Bayern trying to tap him up and we all know how close he came to leaving for Real Madrid- but like I said google couldn't help me with links to Dortmund!!

If you don't know your football heirachies- do not blame me.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Spot on.

Anyone who disrespects the man doesn't deserve to have their own opinions respected.

The cunts.

Missed the game, was at a funeral. Please can you tell me what happend. Yeah i know it was 0-0 but never bothered to check anything else.

Globalgunner
25-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I hear you. It's a ridiculous argument but it's the only way NQ can exclude Wenger from the stinging criticism he usually dishes out to people like PHW, Stan and Gazidis. Even Dein gets it and he was the guy that introduced Wenger to the fans and Board.

I think NQ needs to change his name to Rage against the Machine. I would like him to give us 1 example....just 1 of where a team was failing on the pitch and instead of changing the manager, they changed the board instead. Arsenal have had essentially the same board members for 30 years and the same manager for 16. Our current problems have far less to do with the board than our mangers instransigence in the face of all logic. As the fans said yesterday, the manager doesnt know what the fxxx he`s doing.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Lol @ Dortmund being a bigger club than us

I guess so are the Barcodes also.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Talk about a GW meltdown WTF has gone on in this Thread. Can't for once we all get along FFS.

GP
25-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Missed the game, was at a funeral. Please can you tell me what happend. Yeah i know it was 0-0 but never bothered to check anything else.

We didn't play that well. Created some chances but didn't take them. Never looked like losing really, but never looked like winning. All a bit flat.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I think NQ needs to change his name to Rage against the Machine. I would like him to give us 1 example....just 1 of where a team was failing on the pitch and instead of changing the manager, they changed the board instead. Arsenal have had essentially the same board members for 30 years and the same manager for 16. Our current problems have far less to do with the board than our mangers instransigence in the face of all logic. As the fans said yesterday, the manager doesnt know what the fxxx he`s doing.

We've also already had a change in ownership and things have remained the same. With the extra sponsorship money, we'll see if that makes a difference.

But if you look at Newcastle, they had a load of problems with their owner but a change of management has turned things around for them. United have had a change in ownership but that hasn't effected Ferguson even though his team is a lot weaker than previous years.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:25 PM
We didn't play that well. Created some chances but didn't take them. Never looked like losing really, but never looked like winning. All a bit flat.

Cheers. See its all Doom and Gloom, Wenger out this and Wenger out that. Same Shit diffrent match reaction thread then?

GP
25-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Cheers. See its all Doom and Gloom, Wenger out this and Wenger out that. Same Shit diffrent match reaction thread then?

Pretty much

Özil's Panoramic View
25-11-2012, 05:30 PM
In all fairness, I think the media dicks have been and continues to be disrespectful to Wenger. Yeah, he has won fuck all in 7 years, but that doesn't mean that he should be castigated at every given opportunity.

I think his departure is a bit past due now, but I still couldn't help empathizing with him after watching that interview. Those turds parading as journalists, have spent years trying to make him out to be a bumbling idiot, questioning his every decision, and writing all manner of distasteful drivel from the day he set foot in London. They would knock the diplomacy out of the most emotionally composed person with their badgering, and quite frankly, need to fuck.

Globalgunner
25-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Lol @ Dortmund being a bigger club than us

I guess so is the Barcodes also.

I really dont know why this is a significant point. we probably have more fans than dortmund worldwide, but the only way to compare clubs esp across borders is to compare CL titles. In that respect even aston Villa and Forest are bigger clubs than us. so really it is a moot point.

the only thing that is palpably evident is that dortmund have a better manager than ours. If managers only moved to bigger clubs then Guardiola would have to retire permanently.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 05:33 PM
:gp: Almost a 150 years worth of organised footballing history, yet we'd probablly have to wait for another 150 years to get his example.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Well said by Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:38 PM
:lol: Noone listens to you because you have a record of speaking nonsense, that's not me saying it, it's generally acknowledged, no offence but you made your own reputation.

And im guessing eveyone listen's to you then. No need to be nasty and Patronising to Ollie. Its very rude to say this because you don't agree with him. Id say lot of people on here listen to him more then they do you.

milla
25-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Look, this isn't a dick measuring competition- Dortmund is a big club (and so is Newcastle) but everyone knows, including their manager that Dortmund isn't a bigger club than Arsenal- so stop wasting my time. (Hint- try using google in your quest to prove the impossible).

Who said it is a dick measuring competition ;)

I look at both clubs and Dortmund has bigger crowd, lesser debt, few European medals, shit load of domestic medals and they don't have small club mentality like Arsenal. So, Dortmund is the bigger club then.. and your argument is you have seen them since 80/90s doesn't mean jack shit. Unless if you have fact, then stop wasting my time. :coffee:

Özim
25-11-2012, 05:54 PM
And im guessing eveyone listen's to you then. No need to be nasty and Patronising to Ollie. Its very rude to say this because you don't agree with him. Id say lot of people on here listen to him more then they do you.
He's the one that kicked off at me, so he deserves patronising tbh, don't dish it out unless you can take it.

I'd stay out of this it's got nothing to do with you to be honest, you would say that as you're the biggest fans of one of the people who goes out of his way to WUM about me on here.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Spot on like you aways are NQ. People are stupid to think Wenger will go and we will get Klopp/Pep/Jose etc. It will be another yes man to this board, heck they probs let AW choose him anyways.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:01 PM
He's the one that kicked off at me, so he deserves patronising tbh, don't dish it out unless you can take it.

I'd stay out of this it's got nothing to do with you to be honest, you would say that as you're the biggest fans of one of the people who goes out of his way to WUM about me on here.

Not anybody's biggest fan but you act like a tard and Some calls you up on it thats down to them. Yeah i like GP thats because i think he is a cool and level headed poster on here. Not because he wums about you.

Yet you call him the kid. why not put him on ignore he he pisses you off so much. Personally, i think your a decent FM don't always agree with you. I don't hate you or have anything against you. Just think sometimes you go a bit Wenger obbsessed thats all.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:10 PM
We won't get top 4. T

Oh we will, only cause the rest of the teams challenging are worse then us and the quality of the league is poor.

Some did, some didn't. To me it says a lot that he struggles to keep hold of his best players, I can't think of another top manager who is frequently stabbed in the back as much as he is.

Not sure that makes sense if he is selling them, then how could they be stabbing him in the back. Not that he did sell them, just going by one Theory on here.

If he did not choose to sell them, like RVP who chose to leave then maybe it was because they wanted a club who was more ambitious. If you look at the players who have left.

They have all said the same thing "I want to go to a club who is ambitious" Not to a manager who is ambitious. So they hate the way the club is run from the board to Wenger they don't just blame him.

Özim
25-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Not anybody's biggest fan but you act like a tard and Some calls you up on it thats down to them. Yeah i like GP thats because i think he is a cool and level headed poster on here. Not because he wums about you.
Cool, level headed? Seriously? Have you seen what he posts....he was picked up by someone on the match thread yesterday asking him if he was watching the same match (he did the same in the Man U match thread) and basically goes around wumming about those he doesn't agree with.

As for Ollie, if he comes out and slates me he'll get it back, that goes for anyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Yes we do, we have the same man who got us into the top 3 last season and has for the last 16 years. Arsene Wenger. he knows how to meet his targets and he will again and we will finish in the top 4.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Spot on like you aways are NQ. People are stupid to think Wenger will go and we will get Klopp/Pep/Jose etc. It will be another yes man to this board, heck they probs let AW choose him anyways.

We have already seen a change in ownership, Cheif Exec and now first team coach. Things have remained the same. We were on the decline before Stan, before Gazidis and even before Dein left. We've seen numerous changes internally. Wenger had a period where he was acting Cheif Exec until Ivan's arrival. How many more changes do we need at the top end and would it have made a difference to some of Wenger's tactical decisions?

Özim
25-11-2012, 06:14 PM
They have all said the same thing "I want to go to a club who is ambitious" Not to a manager who is ambitious. So they hate the way the club is run from the board to Wenger they don't just blame him.
A manager is part and parcel of a club's ambitions, his vision is what convinces players to go or stay....Wenger is happy the way things are, he doesn't want to spend money on quality and 4th place is good enough for him, the players eventually see this. It's the manager that convinces players to stay not the board at the end of the day.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:19 PM
We have already seen a change in ownership, Cheif Exec and now first team coach. Things have remained the same. We were on the decline before Stan, before Gazidis and even before Dein left. We've seen numerous changes internally. Wenger had a period where he was acting Cheif Exec until Ivan's arrival. How many more changes do we need at the top end and would it have made a difference to some of Wenger's tactical decisions?

Never said anything about the board being at fault for Wenger not being good tactially. My point is if people thing once Wenger leaves we will automaitcally be title contenders again they need to think again.

What we need is a Owner who has ambition but not one who needs to splash out loads of cash. We need a man that will put the team 1st. Not 1 guy who is worried about how many dolla's he can make for us. Or a Chairman who worry's about how many nice boats he can buy.

Wenger should go, but once he does things won't change that much.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:19 PM
A manager is part and parcel of a club's ambitions, his vision is what convinces players to go or stay....Wenger is happy the way things are, he doesn't want to spend money on quality and 4th place is good enough for him, the players eventually see this. It's the manager that convinces players to stay not the board at the end of the day.

Yes thats why Ashley cole said it was Dein's fault he left not Wenger's. Same thing RVP and Nasri even Ade Said too.

End of the day Half those players went for money. Cesc wanted to play for his home club, not even Wenger could convince him to stay. Mind you when Barca come calling you never say no.

It's the manager that convinces players to stay not the board at the end of the day.

Thats rubbish since RVP met Ivan and Wenger and both them had to convince him to stay. End of the day the board play a big part too. If they say we won't allow you to play him so and so a week not much the manager can do if he keept on fighting and they won't back down.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Not sure that makes sense if he is selling them, then how could they be stabbing him in the back. Not that he did sell them, just going by one Theory on here.

If he did not choose to sell them, like RVP who chose to leave then maybe it was because they wanted a club who was more ambitious. If you look at the players who have left.

Of course, Wenger and the board are one but he is the one with a day to day influence on these guys.

Özim
25-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Thats what i said.
Not really, you said they didn't mention a more ambitious manager.....noone does that anyway, but the point is he's very much part of the ambition problem and when someone says they want to go to a more ambitious club, it's them saying the manager isn't ambitious enough as well as the club.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 06:27 PM
My point is if people thing once Wenger leaves we will automaitcally be title contenders again they need to think again.

Not this again.

No one thinks getting rid of Wenger is a quick fix to solve all our troubles. It's just got to the point where those who want a change no longer see Wenger as a solution but part of the problem itself.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Not really, you said they didn't mention a more ambitious manager.....noone does that anyway, but the point is he's very much part of the ambition problem and when someone says they want to go to a more ambitious club, it's them saying the manager isn't ambitious enough as well as the club.

What i'm saying is players see the club as a whole, not a Wenger vs the board like people on here. Yes they want the manager to support them and maybe thats where he is going wrong. Maybe he is thinking about his job rather then taking a risk and sticking up for those players.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Not this again.

No one thinks getting rid of Wenger is a quick fix to solve all our troubles. It's just got to the point where those who want a change no longer see Wenger as a solution but part of the problem itself.

Fair enough, but i guess like NQ said moaning and moaning about it won't do anything till the board kick him out. After all these are the people with the power too. Roman would have by now.

Niall_Quinn
25-11-2012, 06:30 PM

If Wenger really is in charge and the board is subordinate to his decision making, then Wenger won't be leaving unless he chooses to right? That's simple logic to follow. So end of debate right there, nothing else to be said.

On the other hand, if we rely on reality and suggest the board makes the decisions then only they can get rid of Wenger. Again very simple logic.

We've been through an analysis of the board's agenda many times, so let's not go over it again. But every single declaration from the board indicates they are 100% behind Wenger. So I'm wondering what the Wenger out movement is hoping to achieve by badgering the manager and ignoring the people who can actually influence any of this. But say the board decides to get rid of him. What do you expect to change then? Some say a better tactician will get the team playing better and achieve better results. Perhaps. So what happens when the new guy gets the team to where he wants it and the top players are sold? Or is the idea supposed to be a new manager will change the direction of the board as well? Kroenke will suddenly become a football fan who decides to pump his money in for love? Is that the hope? That's what people are prepared to swap the trashing of our most successful manager for?

I realise some are attempting to bypass all logic by suggesting Wenger wanted to sell his top players and would rather be 4th than 1st. But if we stick with what is sane, what's the plan once Wenger is (somehow, though nobody has explained how) hounded out? Fans can climb in the sewer with the media and throw all sorts of shit at the manager in an attempt to drive him out. Say they succeed. What's next? What do we scream for next?

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:31 PM
If Wenger really is in charge and the board is subordinate to his decision making, then Wenger won't be leaving unless he chooses to right? That's simple logic to follow. So end of debate right there, nothing else to be said.

On the other hand, if we rely on reality and suggest the board makes the decisions then only they can get rid of Wenger. Again very simple logic.

We've been through an analysis of the board's agenda many times, so let's not go over it again. But every single declaration from the board indicates they are 100% behind Wenger. So I'm wondering what the Wenger out movement is hoping to achieve by badgering the manager and ignoring the people who can actually influence any of this. But say the board decides to get rid of him. What do you expect to change then? Some say a better tactician will get the team playing better and achieve better results. Perhaps. So what happens when the new guy gets the team to where he wants it and the top players are sold? Or is the idea supposed to be a new manager will change the direction of the board as well? Kroenke will suddenly become a football fan who decides to pump his money in for love? Is that the hope? That's what people are prepared to swap the trashing of our most successful manager for?

I realise some are attempting to bypass all logic by suggesting Wenger wanted to sell his top players and would rather be 4th than 1st. But if we stick with what is sane, what's the plan once Wenger is (somehow, though nobody has explained how) hounded out? Fans can climb in the sewer with the media and throw all sorts of shit at the manager in an attempt to drive him out. Say they succeed. What's next? What do we scream for next?

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Never said anything about the board being at fault for Wenger not being good tactially. My point is if people thing once Wenger leaves we will automaitcally be title contenders again they need to think again.

What we need is a Owner who has ambition but not one who needs to splash out loads of cash. We need a man that will put the team 1st. Not 1 guy who is worried about how many dolla's he can make for us. Or a Chairman who worry's about how many nice boats he can buy.

Wenger should go, but once he does things won't change that much.

Nobody assumes that and you need to think again before calling people stupid. This whole argument stems from Wenger's bad sub decisions and taking off our sole striker for Coquelin. We need a manager that has more tactical nous if he's working under suspposed constrained conditions. And we're all aware of the fact that the Board are useless which is why it's getting so tense and there is outright disrespect being shown to Wenger and the Board included on match days.

Globalgunner
25-11-2012, 06:51 PM

Dont think youve seen an NQ post you didnt like. Stone the crows! Maybe you`re the same person.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 06:55 PM

You ask what next, but do you really think we'll be able to change the Board with a few frosty chants? It's not going to happen and unless Wenger sorts his act out, things will continue to get ugly and he won't be exempt from the blame either. He backs the board and they back him. There is no quick solution to all this but Wenger would make things a lot easier on himself he were able to motivate the team, select the right players on match day and make sensible subs.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Nobody assumes that and you need to think again before calling people stupid. This whole argument stems from Wenger's bad sub decisions and taking off our sole striker for Coquelin. We need a manager that has more tactical nous if he's working under suspposed constrained conditions. And we're all aware of the fact that the Board are useless which is why it's getting so tense and there is outright disrespect being shown to Wenger and the Board included on match days.

Never called anyone stupid :blink: My point has nothing to do with the playing side of things nothing at all. I don't know why Wenger makes those decisions. Though he said his peice in the youtube Vid.

Im not saying Wenger will change with a new manager or that he should not go. My point was we need a better Board/Chairman before this club can move forward who ever the manager is.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Dont think youve seen an NQ post you didnt like. Stone the crows! Maybe you`re the same person.

So im not allowed to like his Posts?

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2012, 06:58 PM
This thread is an absolute mess.

The next match reaction thread will be that - a match reaction thread to discuss the match. There are already many threads to accommodate the majority of discussions about Board/Manager/which GWer is a ****, etc.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 07:00 PM

The next match reaction thread will be that - a match reaction thread to discuss the match. There are already many threads to accommodate the majority of discussions about Board/Manager/which GWer is a ****, etc.

Just allow the conversation to flow. Our results are predictable along with the peformances. This is the match reaction.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 07:00 PM

TBH you'd be better off keeping this one if we lose, just change the title Thread. Will be all the same stuff anyways. it will save people time.

Özim
25-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Just allow the conversation to flow. Our results are predictable along with the peformances. This is the match reaction.
Pretty much, it's about getting people posting not necessarily sticking to the one subject in hand IMO, otherwise threads like this would soon be redundant. It's all reaction to what happens in the match at the end of the day and what's behind the performance.

Master Splinter
25-11-2012, 07:07 PM
which GWer is a ****, etc.

Not much discussion needed tbf.

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

Joker
25-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Not this again.

Exactly, some people misrepresent the position of people who want Wenger out, and paint us as spoilt and with a sense of entitlement. The lack of trophies are a consequence of the main problems at the club, namely the lack of investment in the squad, poor decision making by the manager, and this general contentment with being also-rans, satisfied with balancing the books on the back of UCL revenue, but never aspiring to reach the next level. No one thinks that if Wenger left we'd immediately have success, but the whole mentality does need a shake-up, so that football comes first and foremost rather than the balance sheet. Of course, I appreciate that the board are equally guilty in our decline as well, but as others have said, there is no huge conflict going on between Wenger and the board, numerous statements have shown that they are completely in agreement. I remember a few years back, in the AGM, Wenger suggested that shareholders have nothing to complain about because the value of shares have gone up so much. If he really was in extreme tension with the board, he wouldn't have come out with statements like this. For example, look at what he said in the 2008 AGM:

ARSENE WENGER has told Arsenal fans to back his kids instead of moaning about their lack of success.

He used yesterday’s AGM to hit back at complaints that his team are not competing with Chelsea and Manchester United for top honours.

The French boss told shareholders: “You are all very quiet today. It reminds me of Saturday’s game at the Emirates.

“I am very proud of this team but at the moment I don’t believe we are getting the support we deserve.

“I understand you were all very disappointed we did not win the Premier League last season after we led the table for so long.

“But you have to be intelligent and instead of showing resentment you have to be behind the team more than ever. This team needs a strong guide to go through a difficult period. The younger the players are, the more support they need.”

Wenger faced questions about the club’s failure to win a trophy since the 2005 FA Cup and the lack of major investment in new signings.

And for the first time in his 12-year reign he criticised the supporters. pointing out that they have never had it so good.

He said: “When I came to Arsenal shares were worth about £400. Now they are worth more than £7,000. That is because we are consistently well managed and moving forward.

“I am such an optimist and I would like you to cheer up and share my optimism. You have to be positive when you go to Istanbul and win 5-2 when the oldest member of your midfield is only 21.

“We are one of only four teams in Europe who have been in the Champions League for 10 consecutive years.

“We have also created a culture of football which means we are respected and admired throughout the world and play as a team rather than as a collection of individuals.

mpu

“Maybe we are not always as ruthless as we can be but if you look at the top scoring teams over the past 10 years, you will always find Arsenal in the top two.”

Wenger also revealed £7million striker Eduardo would be back in three weeks’ time after breaking his leg in February. He added: “This team is very close to delivering and I want them to do it this year, not the next.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/1849049/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-tells-shareholders-to-back-Gunners-instead-of-complaining-about-not-winning-Premier-League.html#ixzz2DGMgmudc

The guy is an economics graduate, and given his comments opposing for example the 50% tax rate, he's not someone who's "one of us", he's totally comfortable with people like PHW and Kroenke, because his economic liberal ideology suits the board's objectives perfectly.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Who said it is a dick measuring competition ;)

I look at both clubs and Dortmund has bigger crowd, lesser debt, few European medals, shit load of domestic medals and they don't have small club mentality like Arsenal. So, Dortmund is the bigger club then.. and your argument is you have seen them since 80/90s doesn't mean jack shit. Unless if you have fact, then stop wasting my time. :coffee:

You clearly don't know much about either BVB, Football or the outside world; just wish I had known this a while earlier and if had, I wouldn't have even bothered.

For the sake of others reading our exchange, Dortmund is a regional power house at best- one of the biggest clubs in Germany but clearly no match for the national heavyweight that is Bayern. Since the 90's (when there resurgence started) I've always had a strong affiliation to them, they always had a lovely style of play and produced and had wonderful talents like Chapuisat, Moller and one of my favourite brazillians (because he could actually defend) Julio Cesar. I stopped following them by the early 2000s but still hold a soft spot for them and I'm happy they're relevant again.

Yes they currently have the highest average attendance in Europe but guess what- build a 90000 seater in Tyneside and Newcastle would fill it too. Any true Dortmund fan would not begrudge me comparing their team to Newcastle because of similarities in them being regional heavyweighters and their quite loyaly fanatic fans. Also their derbys with Schalke mirrors the Tyne v Wear clashes we have up here. But Dortmund is deservedly a far more prestigious team, but prestige does not equal size.

Anway despite all that, we are the bigger club in almost every important ramification. Nationally we have more Arsenal fans in the UK than they have Dortmund fans in Germany. Internationally it is no contest. In the 1930's we were already boasting of 70000 plus coming to see our matches while they were still struggling to get anyone interested in them. Revenue wise we are considerbaly bigger. In my own personal travels to every continent except South America and the ones full of Ice- I have seen Arsenal jersey's everywhere- I have never seen a Dortmund jersey out of Europe- except once or twice in Africa ages ago. And BTW anyone who has been to Brazil knows that Arsenal jerseys are littered in the big cities.

So again what is your point? Is it the stadium, because it only gets 80000 because it has standing capacity something a lot of gooners would welcome if we were allowed in this country. Oh, or is it the fact they have done better in Europe than us, yeah that makes sense. Forest and Villa must be titans world wide- infact I'm guessing Klopp would refuse Arsenal because he has the burning desire to be the man that wins the 3rd European title for Forest so they can equal Man U and still claim to be the second most successful side in the country- idiot.

Note:You were the one who responded to my fact that Dortmund is a smaller club than Arsenal, so put up or shut up.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Exactly, some people misrepresent the position of people who want Wenger out, and paint us as spoilt and with a sense of entitlement. The lack of trophies are a consequence of the main problems at the club, namely the lack of investment in the squad, poor decision making by the manager, and this general contentment with being also-rans, satisfied with balancing the books on the back of UCL revenue, but never aspiring to reach the next level. No one thinks that if Wenger left we'd immediately have success, but the whole mentality does need a shake-up, so that football comes first and foremost rather than the balance sheet. Of course, I appreciate that the board are equally guilty in our decline as well, but as others have said, there is no huge conflict going on between Wenger and the board, numerous statements have shown that they are completely in agreement. I remember a few years back, in the AGM, Wenger suggested that shareholders have nothing to complain about because the value of shares have gone up so much. If he really was in extreme tension with the board, he wouldn't have come out with statements like this. For example, look at what he said in the 2008 AGM:

The guy is an economics graduate, and given his comments opposing for example the 50% tax rate, he's not someone who's "one of us", he's totally comfortable with people like PHW and Kroenke, because his economic liberal ideology suits the board's objectives perfectly.

So a 4 year old article has to do with?

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I once saw a Dortmund top in Calgary.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Bet you happy you became a mod again lol.

Kano
25-11-2012, 07:16 PM
which GWer is a ****,
are we allowed a separate thread for that?

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Not much discussion needed tbf.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Close the thread if you feel so strongly about it, but it just means we'll get overlapping posts and have to constantly swap between threads to keep up.

Besides, this all relates to the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant when Wenger made the subs.

Joker
25-11-2012, 07:24 PM
So a 4 year old article has to do with?

The fact that when questioned about the lack of trophies he brought up the value of shares suggests that there is not a huge disconnection between what the board wants and what Wenger wants. Then he talked up qualification for the Champions League as if it's some kind of trophy, and made a dig at the fans by implying that those who criticised the team lack intelligence. If he really was so against the board, he wouldn't be coming out with these comments. It may have been 4 years ago but I doubt he's had such a change of heart from that time.

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Close the thread if you feel so strongly about it, but it just means we'll get overlapping posts and have to constantly swap between threads to keep up.

Besides, this all relates to the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant when Wenger made the subs.

The prevalence of the same discussions on a number of threads is the cause of the overlapping. There is a reason why we have threads rather than one big one - so that topics can be discussed and filtered so that someone with an interest in a topic can go to the thread that relates to it.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-11-2012, 07:28 PM
The fact that when questioned about the lack of trophies he brought up the value of shares suggests that there is not a huge disconnection between what the board wants and what Wenger wants. Then he talked up qualification for the Champions League as if it's some kind of trophy, and made a dig at the fans by implying that those who criticised the team lack intelligence. If he really was so against the board, he wouldn't be coming out with these comments. It may have been 4 years ago but I doubt he's had such a change of heart from that time.

Fair enough.

Boss
25-11-2012, 07:31 PM
There is a reason Wenger makes the decisions he does.

They may not be good ones analysing them from home but over the course of a season are good enough to make top four, which is all that's important.

Fans need to be patient until FFP kicks in, if it does. If not we're fucked either way.

Power n Glory
25-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Don't tell me what to do.

The prevalence of the same discussions on a number of threads is the cause of the overlapping. There is a reason why we have threads rather than one big one - so that topics can be discussed and filtered so that someone with an interest in a topic can go to the thread that relates to it.

Don't let the power go to your head now!

Just saying it's hard to keep a discussion confined to one section these days, especially when it's a reaction to an incident that has actually happened during the match. But do what you please.