PDA

View Full Version : Who D'Ya Want?

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Ok the overwhelming feeling is that Wenger should be out immediately.

Realistically, if that happened now, who would you want to be manager, given the time of season and who might be available?

EDIT: I mean right now, as in who is available, at a successful small club or under performing at a big one?

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
We really missed the boat with Redknapp tbh

Xhaka Can’t
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Realistically we ought to be able to get just about anyone we want given the salary we pay. And it is no longer as if anyone has a tough act to follow.

Gervinho's Forehead
01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Anyone! I want a man motivator someone that will make the players work hard and make them give it they're all! Most of all I want a manager who will actually have a tactical brain and play tactics that work together with the players strengths. Most people think we have a good team on paper, let's see that with some proper tactics

that's not too much to ask is it?

Gervinho's Forehead
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Now is not the time.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Realistically we ought to be able to get just about anyone we want given the salary we pay. And it is no longer as if anyone has a tough act to follow.
All depends on where they are with their teams etc and how much room they have to manoeuvre in the transfer market. Off the top of my head I can't think of a really good manager we could take right now, which is depressing.

Özil's Panoramic View
01-12-2012, 05:19 PM

Seems Zimm wasn't having a shocker and was right all this time

gunnerrrrr
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
this muthafucka
Jürgen Klopp

Marc Overmars
Arsenal is still a big name with more resources than most, I'm sure we could turn the head of any manager.

I just want someone who will tear this rubbish up and start again, we need to go back to basics.

Joker
Ideally I'd like someone like Klopp, but I'm sure he's unavailable and wouldn't want to come.

cheesy bites
Guardiola is the first name off the top of my head, but I doubt he wants to come to this stinking shitter of a club.

gunnerrrrr
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Guardiola is the first name off the top of my head, but I doubt he wants to come to this stinking shitter of a club.
easy with the comments re Arsenal mate....they still the team we love...even if the board, players and managers are sub par at the moment

Kano
this muthafucka
Jürgen Klopp
can you see him leaving a team concentrating on and flying in the champs league? they seem set up for the comp this season and he'll want to see it through i'd reckon.

Özil's Panoramic View
If our focus was on winning stuff and being a big club, we'd should be throwing everything we've got at Pep.

That's not the the reality but we should at least be ambitious enough to go for Klopp.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
If our focus was on winning stuff and being a big club, we'd should be throwing everything we've got at Pep.

That's not the the reality but we should at least be ambitious enough to go for Klopp.
but again, are those available right now? that's next summer at best.

Özil's Panoramic View
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
but again, are those available right now? that's next summer at best.

I'm at a lost then.

Wenger's fatigued, clueless look is what continues to worry me. He just doesn't seem able to motivate this lot.

Last season we rode on RvC's shoulders to 3rd place. Games that we are now drawing were being won by him. Now unfortunately, Pod, Gerv, Theo and Giroud shoulders combined, aren't broad and strong enough for said burden.

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Get Beckham in as a player/manager.

Xhaka Can’t
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Give it a rest mate.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm at a lost then.

Wenger's fatigued, clueless look is what continues to worry me. He just doesn't seem able to motivate this lot.

Last season we rode on RvC's shoulders to 3rd place. Games that we are now drawing were being won by him. Now unfortunately, Pod, Gerv, Theo and Giroud shoulders combined, aren't broad and strong enough for said burden.

that's what i mean. i've wanted him out since the end of last season but if it happened now, who the bloody hell can we get in to do a good job, even short term? I can't think of anyone.

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Give it a rest mate.

I presume you're talking to me.

He couldn't do any worse the Wenger pus he'd sell shirts. Win win for the board.

The Governor
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Jürgen Klopp
Slavan Bilic
Ottmar Hitzfeld

Another of the above would do.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Jürgen Klopp
Slavan Bilic
Ottmar Hitzfeld

Another of the above would do.
klopp won't come right now but what are the other two up to?

Gervinho's Forehead
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I presume you're talking to me.

He couldn't do any worse the Wenger pus he'd sell shirts. Win win for the board.

Come on. No one is in the mood today.

The Governor
01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
klopp won't come right now but what are the other two up to?

Bilic is at Lokomotiv Moscow and Hitzfeld is the Switzerland manager.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
they're pretty good shouts then. hitzfeld would be my preferred choice with his all round experience and success at club level.

would we want to hedge our best and hire as interim first or go all in, long term? i'd prefer short term to weigh up our options in the summer.

Master Splinter
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Rafa?

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Rafa?

He'll probably be available on Monday tbf.

milla
01-12-2012, 05:46 PM

Feck it, we might as well get 'arry now. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Mourinho available after tonight?

Nah I don't think Atleti will win either.

cheesy bites
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
easy with the comments re Arsenal mate....they still the team we love...even if the board, players and managers are sub par at the moment

Sub par is putting it very mildly. And at the moment we are a stinking shit.

fakeyank
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Cappello! Get him out of Russia and send our useless fat one back there.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Cappello! Get him out of Russia and send our useless fat one back there.
I dunno. great club record but he'd bring back that whole england atmosphere and we don't need a new man starting off with a cloud over his head, we need a fresh start with some hope.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Mourinho available after tonight?

Nah I don't think Atleti will win either.
i would love Bielsa I guess.

gooners
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM

:lol:

fakeyank
01-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I dunno. great club record but he'd bring back that whole england atmosphere and we don't need a new man starting off with a cloud over his head, we need a fresh start with some hope.

Riijkaard? Where is that bugger?

Klopp would be wonderful though.. not going to take a step down though.

Kano
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
frank would be a big risk - bar his barcelona stint he's done nothing except sink down to saudi arabia :lol:

klopp could be interested but not until the summer i think.

fakeyank
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
frank would be a big risk - bar his barcelona stint he's done nothing except sink down to saudi arabia :lol:

klopp could be interested but not until the summer i think.

Agree about Riijkaard. But thats pretty much the same pedigree Pep comes with.. but people cant seem to get enough of him!

I'd also think Martinez would be a good bet. Young, ambitious and makes his team play good attacking football.

Maestro
01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I want Zimm & Cripps in charge ....got a good ring ring to it as well

GP
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Steve Bould

Gervinho's Forehead
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Could Sven still do a job?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM
i would love Bielsa I guess.

Bielsa is a curious one, if only he was a little bit less crazy he would've succeeded with something tangible. His speech to the Athletic players following the poor showings in the two finals last year was beautiful tbf.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
01-12-2012, 06:49 PM

:greatpost: Though it's coming about 4 years late.

Kano
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Bielsa is a curious one, if only he was a little bit less crazy he would've succeeded with something tangible. His speech to the Athletic players following the poor showings in the two finals last year was beautiful tbf.
that craziness would be my only concern. i read that speech not too long ago and that is what convinced me about him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
wenger out now

bould til the end of the season

with full control he wouldnt take this shit. robson was right about the rift.

klopp in at the end of the season.

biggest problem is persuading klopp to take a downgrade. why leave the best attacking team in europe and take over this mess.

give him wengers wage to persuade. no doubt he'll deserve it.

Fats
01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
A blind joey deacon would do better

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-12-2012, 07:48 PM
id even take george graham til the end of the season in pure desperation. come in for 6 months and get that defence sorted.

do a kenny and maybe even win us a domestic cup.

couldnt care less if we dont get into the champions league this year. wont hit us financially, hill-wanker has a pot with money to cover for that.

we aint gonna win the thing so at least a cup brings back some glory days.

then george steps back for klopp at the end of the season.

klopp would take us straight into the champions league in 1 season so we wont have to worry about doing a liverpool.

happy days.

Globalgunner
01-12-2012, 08:03 PM
If Pep is beyond our reach and I really dont think he is if we had an owner with a vision or a CEO who wasnt beholden to the current manager they could sell him the vision. However i think Rijkaard would be a good fit. The right profile and the right attitude. I think we could buy him out of his Saudi contract, it would take less than we pay the deluded one in 3 months.

IBK
01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
The board must persuade Guardiola that they will give him the same freedom that wenger has enjoyed. This is even more than Guardiola enjoyed at Barca. And we can pay him accordingly. We have to convince him that we have a youth development system that he can oversee, as he did at Barca - and most importantly that he will be in the fortunate position of making successful a club that Wenger no longer can.

Niall_Quinn
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM

We can still target his plane.

GP
01-12-2012, 08:58 PM
We can still target his plane.

You can't roll down a window on a plane.

Syn
01-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Same names as I've said for years (before it was fashionable to say Klopp. Where's my cookie tbf?)

Klopp or Spaghetti (zenith).

Niall_Quinn
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
None of those names mentioned would come within a mile of the place. Unless they did it under some Rafa prostitute arrangement. Who would come here just to cycle players through the club and make a profit in the transfer window? Somebody like Guardiola would need £200mill to make an impact. He'll get that at city or in chavland and he'd even get a budget at Utd I'm sure. But nothing here, he;d have to earn money on players and hand it back.

Grebbo
01-12-2012, 11:17 PM
The ceiling for Arsenal FC is 4th, anything above this is an over achievement.

We probably wont get 4th this season but Wenger will be gone in 2014 any way so no real point in sacking him.

We need to spend more money on players. Until we do that we will not compete - whoever the manager is.

Klopp looks to be pretty awesome though tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-12-2012, 11:53 PM
You can't roll down a window on a plane.

Try as Mitt Romney might.

Cripps_orig
01-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone but Wenger

Dennis Bendtner
02-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Wenger was some pile of shit defender for Strasbourg. Why not get some sex god of an ex-player like Swansea did with Laudrup.

DB + MO IMO.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Wenger was some pile of shit defender for Strasbourg. Why not get some sex god of an ex-player like Swansea did with Laudrup.

DB + MO IMO.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club%20Home/2009/6/15/1245075229205/Jason-McAteer-and-John-Ba-001.jpg

Özim
02-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Wenger was some pile of shit defender for Strasbourg.
It's a wonder his team can't defend....oh wait...

fakeyank
02-12-2012, 03:44 AM
Anyone but Wenger

:gp:

This. Coyle, Redknapp, Mccarthy... u name some of the worst and I still think they would do better than AW currently.

Seaman's Ponytail
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Di Matteo. Then we can really have a good laugh at Chelski when we finish above them

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Marca say Mourinho will be leaving Real Madrid this summer.

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Time he comes back to London and this time to us

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Time he comes back to London and this time to us

Nope he's going UTD

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Hope not to be honest. Mourinho, Fergie and Guardiola all managing at the same time in the same league would be little bit special.

Wenget could've been in that list had he not become WUMger.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Hope not to be honest. Mourinho, Fergie and Guardiola all managing at the same time in the same league would be little bit special.

Wenget could've been in that list had he not become WUMger.

I mean Jose would take Fergie's job at UTD once Alex goes. Not sure where Pep is going, it be good to see these 2 rival in a different league though.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah I know, that's why I said hope not. As in it would be good to see them all managing at the same time in the same league. Assuming one of them is for us.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah I know, that's why I said hope not. As in it would be good to see them all managing at the same time in the same league. Assuming one of them is for us.

Ah ok.

Pep or klopp for me tbh.

selassie
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Klopp, Guardiola, Moyes, maybe even Roberto Martinez.

Kano
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Klopp, Guardiola, Moyes, maybe even Roberto Martinez.
right now?

selassie
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
right now?

Yep TT, I'd take any of them ahead of Arsene now. For me Arsene has to go immediately, thanks for the memories and all that but his time is up.

Kano
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
but i mean, are these guys available right now?

Marc Overmars
03-12-2012, 01:46 PM

Would you accept Mourinho here if the board went after him?

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Pep :lol: we aren't that desperate yet. I'd rather keep Wenger than have Pep.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM

I'm stupid enough to accept anything Arsenal do. However, I don't like Mourinho and his cult of personality can only work for so long without him leaving problems behind him (and will again at Real Madrid) but my concerns of that which would have led me to previously just answering 'no' in that instance, hold no relevance whilst we're having fun down in 10th place.

Kano
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I think it would be such a contrast to everything that has existed for the past 16 years it would seem quite refreshing. I could probably find some corner of my mind to defrost my feelings about Maureen but I would worry about the whole circus he brings with him too. All in all, I wouldn’t mind that much. Not my preferred choice but he would change things at least which is what we all want.

The other side is, he needs money to be successful. And we wouldn't sanction that sort of spending.

Fist of Lehmann
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM

Arsenal fans have no choice but to accept whoever the board decide to bring in, or if they decide to keep faith.

I doubt we'd give anyone a Chelsea-style Rafa welcome unless it was someone like Pulis or Phil Brown.

LDG
03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Really difficult one to choose.

I'd be more in favour of bringing someone fresh to the club. Fuck these billy big spud twats; Mourinho et al. Not my cup of tea, and certainly not people who would fall in love with the club.

Personally, I'd get Bergkamp in.

Marc Overmars
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I think it would be such a contrast to everything that has existed for the past 16 years it would seem quite refreshing. I could probably find some corner of my mind to defrost my feelings about Maureen but I would worry about the whole circus he brings with him too. All in all, I wouldn’t mind that much. Not my preferred choice but he would change things at least which is what we all want.

The other side is, he needs money to be successful. And we wouldn't sanction that sort of spending.

My preferred choice would be someone young so we could maybe build another legacy, however the biggest issue for me is that this team has absolutley no concept of the basics required of them. If a manager like Mourinho was to only be here for 3 years tops, I'd be fine with that in hope he would leave behind a much sturdier side with a strong will to win.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Mourinho! Fuck no!

Yes, he's a winner, but ugly, thuggish, anti-football is not something I fancy being on display at the Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM

This is a good question, as much as he is a winner and would make this sqaud into winner's. Id rather we got someone like Klopp or Pep. Someone who will care about this club and someone you know won't just walk out when he feels like it.

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Mourinho! Fuck no!Yes, he's a winner, but ugly, thuggish, anti-football is not something I fancy being on display at the Arsenal.:blink: Real Madrid are arguably the most entertaining side in Spain if not Europe. Hardly ugly or anti football tbh and any side that makes the barca ****s cry through thuggery is fine by me

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
:blink: Real Madrid are arguably the most entertaining side in Spain if not Europe. Hardly ugly or anti football tbh and any side that makes the barca ****s cry through thuggery is fine by me

:haha:

They are not even the most entetaining side in Madrid.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Mourinho! Fuck no!

Yes, he's a winner, but ugly, thuggish, anti-football is not something I fancy being on display at the Arsenal.

Plus he want £200 mill to change this sqaud which he won't be given here anyways.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Arsenal fans have no choice but to accept whoever the board decide to bring in, or if they decide to keep faith.

This, It will probs be Bould, Cheap knows the way the club works. Why spend mills bring in a manager when you can hire within and save costs.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
:blink: Real Madrid are arguably the most entertaining side in Spain if not Europe. Hardly ugly or anti football tbh and any side that makes the barca ****s cry through thuggery is fine by me

Stopped reading there tbh

:getcoat:

Kano
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
My preferred choice would be someone young so we could maybe build another legacy, however the biggest issue for me is that this team has absolutley no concept of the basics required of them. If a manager like Mourinho was to only be here for 3 years tops, I'd be fine with that in hope he would leave behind a much sturdier side with a strong will to win.
Thing is, I’m not sure if there will be another Fergie, Wenger or Moyes even; guys given a long time to build a legacy at one club. It is the norm for players to move after 3 seasons and common practice for managers to be doing the same, especially with new owners coming in left right and centre.

GP
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
It needs to be a Bergkamp/MO axis.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
It needs to be a Bergkamp/MO axis.

Id go for that tbh.

Kano
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
love bergkamp but i'd want experience to follow a manager that has been at the club for 16 years. there will be a lot of ship steadying needed and amidst the turmoil you'd want someone who has been there and done it as a manager. as an assistant it could work but i'd be very worried if he was given the keys to the club straight away.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
love bergkamp but i'd want experience to follow a manager that has been at the club for 16 years. there will be a lot of ship steadying needed and amidst the turmoil you'd want someone who has been there and done it as a manager. as an assistant it could work but i'd be very worried if he was given the keys to the club straight away.

Maybe Bould with Dennis as Assistant. Or there is always Tony Adams :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
:haha: They are not even the most entetaining side in Madrid.:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Yep its funny cause its true.

Marc Overmars
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Real Madrid are a pretty awesome counter attacking side tbf.

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Mourinho every day. He'd side with the fans and fuck the board up good and proper. It would be outright war within a few weeks and we'd soon find out what really goes on behind the scenes at this club because Mourinho would tell us. Plus he'd fuck the players up too, either kick them into action or kick them out. Definitely Mourinho, there would be no hiding place for anyone at this club.

This is precisely why we'll get Avram Grant.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
This is precisely why we'll get Avram Grant.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
We must remember that Real have always been Real, Mourinho or not. That I,s a much deserved respected, and feared opposition, always comprising of some of the best talent money can buy. Winningest team in Spain.

It's more Mourinho as a manager and the type of football he gets his teams to play that I abhor. Sure, he won stuff at the Chavs, but it was torture to watch. And to this very day, it's hard watching a Chavs game, as that brand of footie seems firmly etched there post Mourinho.

GP
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Winningest

That isn't a word

Özil's Panoramic View
03-12-2012, 04:20 PM

That isn't a word

Lol

U must have never heard of Josh's online Dictionary

LDG
03-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Lol

U must have never heard of Josh's online Dictionary

I bet it's more awesoming than any other online Dictionary!

Özil's Panoramic View
03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I bet it's more awesoming than any other online Dictionary!

Awsomest thing ever.

You should see the definition of Wenger in there :bow:

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Mourinho every day. He'd side with the fans and fuck the board up good and proper. It would be outright war within a few weeks and we'd soon find out what really goes on behind the scenes at this club because Mourinho would tell us. Plus he'd fuck the players up too, either kick them into action or kick them out. Definitely Mourinho, there would be no hiding place for anyone at this club.This is precisely why we'll get Avram Grant.This. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Mourinho. He has shown he's capable of changing styles and tactics to win. Played a defensive style with Chelsea and it worked and has made Real Madrid the most entertaining side in Europe but apparently not in Madrid.....Charilie :haha: He won't come to us but we can dream

BOBN
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
does this clown even fly yet?

a manager even more spineless than wenger. yes please.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
does this clown even fly yet?

a manager even more spineless than wenger. yes please.

You do talk some waffle tbh.

BOBN
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Pep :lol: we aren't that desperate yet. I'd rather keep Wenger than have Pep.
no. this is the man who got messi playing well.

nobody else could do such a thing.

hes a must get.

GP
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Whilst BOBN is completely wrong about calling our greatest ever player a clown, he does have a point. A manager that can't fly isn't what we need. I don't have a problem with Bergkamps fear of flying. Everyone has a fear of something. BOBN has a fear of making good posts for example. Its life. Remember this is the dude who thought RVP was better than Bergkamp :haha:

The Wengerbabies
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
A manager that can't fly isn't what we need. :
Does it really matter?

Its not like we'll have any European games from next year.

Grebbo
03-12-2012, 07:58 PM

hes a must get.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Does it really matter?

It means he would have to get a train from Norwich though.

BOBN
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
You do talk some waffle tbh.
would you accept a rollocking from a man afraid to use public transport?

BOBN
03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Whilst BOBN is completely wrong about calling our greatest ever player a clown, he does have a point. A manager that can't fly isn't what we need. I don't have a problem with Bergkamps fear of flying. Everyone has a fear of something. BOBN has a fear of making good posts for example. Its life. Remember this is the dude who thought RVP was better than Bergkamp :haha:
RVP moved ahead of bergkamp last season unfortunately.

and with his goal against west ham hes basically replicated bergkamps entire catalogue of "great moments" in like 6 months while scoring a ton more goals on top. hes bergkamp 2.0 premium edition 64-bit.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM

http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/netherlands.worldcupblog.org/files/2011/05/frank-rijkaard-lionel-messi-2008-12-7-10-8-8.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
would you accept a rollocking from a man afraid to use public transport?

Its not me that has to accept it, its the players and if they are happy then so be it.

Xhaka Can’t
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Does it really matter?

How will he get to Norwich?

Cripps_orig
03-12-2012, 08:24 PM
RVP moved ahead of bergkamp last season unfortunately. and with his goal against west ham hes basically replicated bergkamps entire catalogue of "great moments" in like 6 months while scoring a ton more goals on top. hes bergkamp 2.0 premium edition 64-bit.A bad touch and a deflected shot? Can't remember Bergkamp doing that

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM

and with his goal against west ham hes basically replicated bergkamps entire catalogue of "great moments" in like 6 months while scoring a ton more goals on top. hes bergkamp 2.0 premium edition 64-bit.

RVP is not better then Dennis, stop being silly.

Marc Overmars
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM

wut?

You wrote him off after we sold him to United.

GP
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
B NOB has had a meltdown.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
wut?

Felt betrayed by his hero tbh. Least Dennis was loyal :haha:

Lord Nelson
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
A blind joey deacon would do better

With Jimmy Savile dressed as gunnersaurus as his number 2!

selassie
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
but i mean, are these guys available right now?

I think Moyes and Martinez would jump at the chance at managing us, technically they are not available but they would come if we offered them posts IMHO. Klopp would need some serious convincing, so in theory no not available, same I reckon would apply to Pep, though I think he'd seriously consider it.

This is just my opinion.

Kano
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I think Moyes and Martinez would jump at the chance at managing us, technically they are not available but they would come if we offered them posts IMHO. Klopp would need some serious convincing, so in theory no not available, same I reckon would apply to Pep, though I think he'd seriously consider it.

This is just my opinion.
i'm not sure moyes would do so right now, with years of hard work coming to fruition at everton. martinez maybe would but he does seem to have this loyal side to him. klopp in the summer would work out and you are right about pep too, the more i think about it, the more i think he'd at least seriously consider it.

BOBN
03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
wut?

wishful thinking tbh. as a forum leader I had to do my bit to prevent mass suicide.

the truth is we are doomed as fack.

Niall_Quinn
04-12-2012, 12:02 AM

This is just my opinion.

Thank you for your interest in our thread.

GP
04-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Thank you for your penis in my arse.

lolz

Ollie the Optimist
04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
i think it would be klopp for me. dortmund have become a very very good team, do well in europe, play good football and do it on a tight budget similar to us.

im slightly concerend by guardiola though, it seems he has become the greatest manager in his sabatical in that everyone is talking about him and linking him to everything. i might be wrong but his barca team had exceptional players, who could pull him out of tight spots easily with messi, xavi, iniesta etc. could he do it without them, he also cracked under pressure, one bad season and he quits needing a break, slightly concerning too. i think there are better choices out there then him, i have my concerns about him however if we did replace wenger with him, i wouldnt mind too much, just rather others then him thats all

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
im slightly concerend by guardiola though, it seems he has become the greatest manager in his sabatical in that everyone is talking about him and linking him to everything. i might be wrong but his barca team had exceptional players, who could pull him out of tight spots easily with messi, xavi, iniesta etc. could he do it without them, he also cracked under pressure, one bad season and he quits needing a break, slightly concerning too. i think there are better choices out there then him, i have my concerns about him however if we did replace wenger with him, i wouldnt mind too much, just rather others then him thats all

If he comes here, he will have time to build a team, it won't just be win in the 1st season or your out. I think he bring in Suitable players, maybe even Cesc may come back.

We more likely get him then Klopp tbh.

GP
04-12-2012, 01:05 PM
No way man! Pep is the ONLY MANAGER IN THE WORLD who can make Messi play well.

Apart from Vilanova, obviously.

And Rijkaard.

selassie
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
lolz

:faint:

fakeyank
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
i think it would be klopp for me. dortmund have become a very very good team, do well in europe, play good football and do it on a tight budget similar to us.

I agree with Ollie! :faint:

Pep will be found out when he manages a half decent team.

Ollie the Optimist
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
If he comes here, he will have time to build a team, it won't just be win in the 1st season or your out. I think he bring in Suitable players, maybe even Cesc may come back.

We more likely get him then Klopp tbh.

this is where i disagree, he wont have time to build a new team, no one will imo. wenger has been critizced for not winning trophies though currently its for not winning games :lol: a new manager imo wont be given much time, he has to get the squad playing well and winning games and at least competiting if not winning trophies. if he doesnt do that in the first two years, he will be out

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
this is where i disagree, he wont have time to build a new team, no one will imo. wenger has been critizced for not winning trophies though currently its for not winning games :lol: a new manager imo wont be given much time, he has to get the squad playing well and winning games and at least competiting if not winning trophies. if he doesnt do that in the first two years, he will be out

2 years is enough time to build a squad. It depends on the sqaud left behind. He will deffo bring in his own players. So to give him 2 years and see how he does is not a problem.

Not sure any manager coming in will have instant success not even Klopp. Their is a lot of things that need to be put right.

Xhaka Can’t
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM

Good thing we aren't half decent.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Kano
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
i think given our success last time, we should source the japanese league.

much better than bringing in a manager with success behind him.

Syn
04-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I hear JSAO is looking to move back to London.

Sign him up, Stan.

fakeyank
04-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Good thing we aren't half decent.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I believe we have the mental sharpness, togetherness and are 2% away from being a half decent team.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 04:15 PM

If went Chavs, City Utd he would do well there, Roman and the Owners of city would not desperately want him if they knew he not do well in this league.