PDA

View Full Version : We have moaned lots over the last few years.....

alexander
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
But is this actually the worst it has been?

I have always had hope, players coming back, talent coming through etc etc. At this point in time, I have no idea what way the team will go, I cant see any hope at all. The club needs serious change now, more than just new players, although that would help. The whole club top to bottom needs sorting out. I cant see this team getting 4th, but that will probably prompt change.
So fed up of this crap.

Kano
04-12-2012, 09:50 PM

I have always had hope, players coming back, talent coming through etc etc. At this point in time, I have no idea what way the team will go, I cant see any hope at all. The club needs serious change now, more than just new players, although that would help. The whole club top to bottom needs sorting out. I cant see this team getting 4th, but that will probably prompt change.
So fed up of this crap.
its the worst it has been under wenger without question and he has been teetering on the edge of this for quite a while. i do not see a way out of this until he is asked to leave.

the big problem could well be that he is asked to move upstairs.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 10:28 PM
the big problem could well be that he is asked to move upstairs.

Well he is more or less a board member anyway. Just waiting to be made official. Surely if a new manager comes in he gets control of the team regardless of Wenger being there or not?

Kano
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Well he is more or less a board member anyway. Just waiting to be made official. Surely if a new manager comes in he gets control of the team regardless of Wenger being there or not?
yeah but its like the fergie situation. the new man would not be able to avoid the ongoing glare of his predecessor every day at work. i just can't see that working out well tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 10:33 PM
yeah but its like the fergie situation. the new man would not be able to avoid the ongoing glare of his predecessor every day at work. i just can't see that working out well tbh.

True, listend to the Fergie/Jose debate on TS. Jason Cundy, saying he could see a Fergie upstairs guiding moyes down stairs working.

I agree with us it won't work.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
It feels different this time because our problems used to be linked to a lack of bottle when we got to within a sniff of potentially achieving something, now it's down to the lack of quality and without quality we can't even get into a position where we have something to bottle.

Kano
04-12-2012, 10:38 PM
no point leaving the house for the bottle bank then.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-12-2012, 10:46 PM
It feels different this time because our problems used to be linked to a lack of bottle when we got to within a sniff of potentially achieving something, now it's down to the lack of quality and without quality we can't even get into a position where we have something to bottle.

:gp:

Our football used to be amazing to watch. And not just in the invincible days but early project youth. Now from the manager to the players when it goes wrong no one seems to know what to do.

Lack of quality is showing big time. No team is worried about playing us any more.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-12-2012, 12:48 AM
who would have guessed it.

continually sell your best players and you get worse. it's not like the squad is going to magically improve is it.

we got shanked by barca for a low price on cesc, we sold the best striker in the world for a measly £12m up front fee, and we let our most creative midfielder last season go replacing him with a crock. and the manager wonders why we've gone downhill.

£7m a year.

7 million pounds a fucking year.

Özim
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
You mean we can't be the world's best bottlers anymore, seriously?

:upset:

:crying:

Özim
05-12-2012, 12:56 AM
no point leaving the house for the bottle bank then.
Wenger was on his way to quality street when he realised he had no.....

Syn
05-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, I think this is the very worst it has been. This is, by far, Wenger's worst start to a league season in his 16 years.

But this season was always going to be a failure the minute we sold our captain to Man Utd. I have no doubt in 5-10 years time, when we've established ourselves as a mid-table (or a lot worse) side, we'll be looking back on that Van Persie sale as the minute we signalled our intent to stop competing. The gradual weakening had been going on for some time but the damage was still reversible up until the moment we lost the one man in the one-man team. There was no coming back from that.

Cripps_orig
05-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Quite clearly the worst side I have seen as an Arsenal fan. I can't remember the last time if ever a CL club as we are atm go in to a match v a lower league side like Bradford as overwhelming underdogs. That's how shit we have become. Fortunately I'm an optimistic and I think we will just about stay up this season. Next season?.....well we'll see

Letters
05-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Quite clearly the worst side I have seen as an Arsenal fan. I can't remember the last time if ever a CL club as we are atm go in to a match v a lower league side like Bradford as overwhelming underdogs. That's how shit we have become. Fortunately I'm an optimistic and I think we will just about stay up this season. Next season?.....well we'll see
We don't.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-cup/bradford-v-arsenal/winner

:coffee:

But this is definitely the worst side under Wenger. Contrary to popular belief, Arsenal did exist before then and for much of our history we were much shitter than we are now. But with our resources now, even with the billionaires skewing things, we should be doing much better.

Gervinho's Forehead
05-12-2012, 07:43 AM

We can't can't seriously compete with the likes of Bradford with all the money and resources they have.

fakeyank
05-12-2012, 08:35 AM
We don't.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-cup/bradford-v-arsenal/winner

:coffee:

But this is definitely the worst side under Wenger. Contrary to popular belief, Arsenal did exist before then and for much of our history we were much shitter than we are now. But with our resources now, even with the billionaires skewing things, we should be doing much better.

True. Also true is that there were great Arsenal sides before Wenger and if we do not sack Wenger soon, we will probably not have a great Arsenal side for the foreseeable future :rose:

fakeyank
05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
We can't can't seriously compete with the likes of Bradford with all the money and resources they have.

:gp:

Letters
05-12-2012, 09:22 AM
True. Also true is that there were great Arsenal sides before Wenger
Yeah. In the 1930s.

A lot of (particularly younger) Arsenal fans seem to think that the Wenger side of the late nineties and early noughties is the norm for Arsenal. It really isn't.

Kano
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
but that is now the expected standard. particularly being in this big new shiny stadium. there's no going back to once in a while success, as the whole point of the move was to become a 'super club'.

Letters
05-12-2012, 10:18 AM
but that is now the expected standard. particularly being in this big new shiny stadium. there's no going back to once in a while success, as the whole point of the move was to become a 'super club'.
I think that's a fair point. But Wenger's role in elevating our status and expectations shouldn't be forgotten.

Xhaka Can’t
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM
This is indeed the worst it has been in the age of the internet. It has been even worse before, but at the time it didn't feel as bad because I never really had any expectations. Any success resulting in a trophy or even being regarded as competing for a trophy was a genuine surprise to be savoured but never to be taken for granted.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

KSE Comedy Club
05-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I think that's a fair point. But Wenger's role in elevating our status and expectations shouldn't be forgotten.

It's not forgotten.

But he's out of time. Now we need to move forward.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Yeah the joke was funny once.

And its still funny

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-12-2012, 12:01 PM

This is the worst Arsenal side i have seen as well. However lets not go overboard with rubbish like Bradford are favorites, when its clearly not the case. Don't mean we won't bottle it though.

selassie
05-12-2012, 12:16 PM

So fed up of this crap.

Yep it's the worst it's been. We don't even have a strong spine in the team anymore, that's gone, we don't have one world class player, they have gone, we have numerous issues all over the team/squad.

Not forgetting a board/manager/insert whoever you want who clearly do not want to invest in the team.

The damage is done know, Arsene will most likely see out his contract and the new man (assuming Arsene steps down) will need to come in and rebuild, it's a big task for anybody and will require time and patience....

I'm going to detach myself from all this shit until I see a change in policy...it can't go on like this...it's ridiculous. I mean we asset strip the team every single season...we're supposed to be one of the leading clubs in Europe so why do we behave like a mid/bottom premier league side.

Niall_Quinn
05-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Thank you for your interest in our failure.

selassie
05-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you for your interest in our failure.

lol, not you again :blink: :partytime:

fakeyank
05-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Its not forgotten. Thanks for the memories but he is past it now and there should be no sentiment in football.. especially when we are 'trying/pretending' to be a top club.