WTF! :lol:

Dicks and chicks
07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Seriously? :haha:

:getcoat:

When?

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Everybody and their mother knew that Arshavin's best position was down the middle. But Wenger thought he could work his magic and decided to stick him on the wing. He has never had the legs to do that job consistently but he still persisted with it. It pretty much ruined him, he cleary wasn't up for it and it effected his workrate and attitude. Funny enough as sloppy and uninterested as he looks, he is still one of our most productive players which speaks of his quality.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-12-2012, 08:01 PM
When?

I guess the last time was when he remembered he had to do fuck all and still pick up 50k (or 60k, I'm not sure) per week.

Dross on huge wages :bow:

Treatment table :bow:

Arsenal :bow:

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I guess the last time was when he remembered he had to do fuck all and still pick up 50k (or 60k, I'm not sure) per week.

We must win this league! :trophy:

GP
07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Everybody and their mother knew that Arshavin's best position was down the middle. But Wenger thought he could work his magic and decided to stick him on the wing. He has never had the legs to do that job consistently but he still persisted with it. It pretty much ruined him, he cleary wasn't up for it and it effected his workrate and attitude. Funny enough as sloppy and uninterested as he looks, he is still one of our most productive players which speaks of his quality.

You don't honestly believe that the difference between liability and world class is a few yards to the side.

Even if he played in the centre he'd have defensive responsibilities, everyone in the side should have that. He's a lazy shite, and that's no ones fault but his own.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-12-2012, 08:06 PM
We must win this league! :trophy:

Goes without saying tbh

Arsene Knows :bow:

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
You don't honestly believe that the difference between liability and world class is a few yards to the side.

Even if he played in the centre he'd have defensive responsibilities, everyone in the side should have that. He's a lazy shite, and that's no ones fault but his own.

ANytime I have seen him down the middle, he has been brilliant. As Cripps mentioned, he was great at the Euros. I do believe this and it was stupid of Wenger to buy him and play him there. You have to play to your players strengths, Wenger doesnt and that one of the big reasons why we are where we are.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 08:36 PM

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
ANytime I have seen him down the middle, he has been brilliant. As Cripps mentioned, he was great at the Euros. I do believe this and it was stupid of Wenger to buy him and play him there. You have to play to your players strengths, Wenger doesnt and that one of the big reasons why we are where we are.

No the guy is lazy, and of course he was going to be good at the Euro's. He is the national captain, he'd look a right idiot had he been lazy like he is here. If he cared so much he'd fight for his place imo he is not botherd that much.

I agree Wenger gets it wrong, but that is no reasons for players who under perform to get a free pass.

Too many on here want to let players off because they are played in the wrong place etc. Time to call a spade a spade tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 08:51 PM
No the guy is lazy and of course he was going to be good at the Euro's he is the national captain, he look a right idiot been lazy like he is here. If he cared so much he'd fight for his place imo he is not botherd that much.

lol he seems to play well everywhere else minus the captaincy but here so that means nothing. you play your players to their strengths, if you don't they will become disinterested and they end up not giving a shit. its the same thing in real life, the guy who hates his job most likely not perform at the same level as the guy who loves it. it is a simple concept, one that you are dismissing far too quickly.

GP
07-12-2012, 09:00 PM

He had a decent 30 mins at the Euros, the rest of the time he has his lazy gobshite self.

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 09:02 PM
fair enough, i disagree

Xhaka Can’t
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM

He had a good burst at the Euros and then turned to into his usual half-assed ineffectual self.

It was like his Arsenal career summed up in three games.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
lol he seems to play well everywhere else minus the captaincy but here so that means nothing. you play your players to their strengths, if you don't they will become disinterested and they end up not giving a shit. its the same thing in real life, the guy who hates his job most likely not perform at the same level as the guy who loves it. it is a simple concept, one that you are dismissing far too quickly.

If he hates his job then why has he not moved on despite being an outcast more or less, seems happy enough to sit down and collect the wages they pay him.

Lets be the way we play our players interchange anyways. So its not like he is on the right all the time. Don't think because he plays on the wing, should be an excuse for him to be poor.

Its basically like been asked by you boss to switch offices with the guy on the corner, with the rubbish view of outside. Does this mean you should not do the work to the best of your ability, because you hate that you have a bad view.

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 09:07 PM
He had a good burst at the Euros and then turned to into his usual half-assed ineffectual self.

Well most of his Arsenal career was based on one game vs hoof.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Play him in the right position and he'll be fine. He's our most creative player and people critisising him for his defensive play :doh: We all saw how good he was at the Euros so he's still go it.

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Play him in the right position and he'll be fine. He's our most creative player and people critisising him for his defensive play :doh: We all saw how good he was at the Euros so he's still go it.

Everyone must take responsibilty for tracking back and defending.

Mr. Lahey

regardless its not the point im making. the way our manager has gone about about managing the players in our team has been sub par. thats my point. Arshavin is a perfect example of this. I hardly doubt Zenit were calling him lazy before he came. they wanted him back for ffs. you have to ask why that is, i doubt that its just laziness as some claim to be.

Olivier's xmas twist

He's a lazy shit end off, just cause you play him a few yards of where he wants to be, don't mean he should not put in the effort. Guy has no pride or no passion or no ambition.

Why don't he try to leave and go to a club that will give him what he wants?

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 09:11 PM

its craziness, i dont understand it.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Everyone must take responsibilty for tracking back and defending.

Yep.

Xhaka Can’t
07-12-2012, 09:14 PM
regardless its not the point im making. the way our manager has gone about about managing the players in our team has been sub par. thats my point. Arshavin is a perfect example of this. I hardly doubt Zenit were calling him lazy before he came. they wanted him back for ffs. you have to ask why that is, i doubt that its just laziness as some claim to be.

Your example did not support your point - and that is my point.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
its craziness, i dont understand it.Welcome to GW. Apparently Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo etc are shit cos they can't defend :haha: Its pathetic. Whenever this guy has been given a run, he scores and assists and he tries to make things happen. That's what this team needs.

Mr. Lahey
07-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Your example did not support your point - and that is my point.

ok thats fine, maybe i should have included his time at Zenit without being captain? and with Russia previously? the guy was a world class player at the time we got him, he played CF and Wenger stuck him on the wing. his performances dropped off ever since, I attribute this to the way he has been used not laziness. thats like putting Bergkakmp (im not saying he as good quality wise) on the wing and criticizing him for being a shit defender.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome to GW. Apparently Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo etc are shit cos they can't defend :haha: Its pathetic. Whenever this guy has been given a run, he scores and assists and he tries to make things happen. That's what this team needs.

No one said he was shit cause he don't or can't defend, stop twisting things.

Xhaka Can’t
07-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not criticising his defending - I have a problem with every single aspect of his game. This is not down to a lack of ability and talent, because he has shitloads of that. He just can't be assed to consistently apply himself.

When he does - he looks magic, like he did in the first match at the Euros, only to just give up.

And that was nothing to do with Wenger - or anyone else, it was down to him and his mentality.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Everyone must take responsibilty for tracking back and defending.I'd rather we have a decent DM who did that so our offensive players didn't have to. Pires was a bit shit at it but he didn't have to cos Gilberto was the best in the world

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
I'd rather we have a decent DM who did that so our offensive players didn't have to. Pires was a bit shit at it but he didn't have to cos Gilberto was the best in the world

Well no, everyone in the team, has to take that responsibility not just the DM. Theo and Poldi seem to manage it when on the wing.

Even will teams like City and Utd they all help defending, not just leave it to the dm.

This was the same with Denilson, thought he did not have to do this cause of his role and he kept fucking up.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Well no, everyone in the team, has to take that responsibility not just the DM. Theo and Poldi seem to manage it when on the wing. Even will teams like City and Utd they all help defending, not just leave it to the dm.This was the same with Denilson, thought he did not have to do this cause of his role and he kept fucking up.Obviously he has to defend. I don't expect him to stand around and let people dribble past him and credit to him, he tries. He isn't very good though. He's an attacking player though so I don't care much for his defensive work. If his attacking play suffered which it hasn't then critisisie him all you want

fakeyank
07-12-2012, 09:36 PM
If he hates his job then why has he not moved on despite being an outcast more or less, seems happy enough to sit down and collect the wages they pay him.

We talking about our poor manager who is all BDSM'd up by the board or Arshavin? :unsure:

GP
07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I hardly doubt Zenit were calling him lazy before he came.

They absolutely were. Some people on here even warned about it before he came.

Injury Time
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
They absolutely were. Some people on here even warned about it before he came.
This.
Same been said about the 70min Pod too.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
We talking about our poor manager who is all BDSM'd up by the board or Arshavin? :unsure:

BDSM'd ?

Like i said if he don't want to be here then why don't he ask for a move?

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
This.

berti vogts said this.

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
This.

Was it! :angry:

Would be nice if we could get 70mins a season out of Pod.

Injury Time
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Was it! :angry:

Would be nice if we could get 70mins a season out of Pod.
Ok I was exaggerating 69 mins...

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok I was exaggerating 69 mins...

That's better!

Xhaka Can’t
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
That's better!

No, its a minute worse.

Injury Time
07-12-2012, 10:16 PM
No, its a minute worse.

Arsene knows :angry:

Gervinho's Forehead
07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Arsene knows :angry:

Kano
07-12-2012, 10:33 PM
he is a luxury player who turns it on occassionally. he doesn't work hard enough. it would be suicidal to play him in the middle every week in the prem because his work ethic is nowhere near high enough. sure he'll turn it on in a cup game against some pub team but other than that, the only way he would succeed is with a team built around him to do the dirty work he cannot be bothered with. perhaps a decade ago he could've got away with that but now midfielders have to graft, all of them, otherwise it exposes the team. and yes, he was good at the euros but where did he play? wide left.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh dear.

Cripps really putting in a few shockers today. Theo being an excellent player and Arshavin being our most creative player.

I can clearly remember tearing out my hair when Wenger was persisting with lame ass Arshavin a couple o' season ago. Pretty much the same way he now persists with a hapless Ramzi.

It was the general consensus then, among most Gooners I interacted with personally or via the internet, that Arshavin was a total waste.

KSE Comedy Club
07-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Ah well, maybe he'll fuck off with wenger and Ramsey and it'll be happy days!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
one of our best players.

one of a few that can deliver a decent cross and also dribble.

russia got 135 minutes of good football out of him at the euros but we cant get 1.35 minutes of good football out of him

in preseason he looked quality down the middle

in the 7-5 vs reading everything came through him

cant remember which game it was but came on in the league and changed the game

we play him on the wing even though a blind dog knows one of the most important attributes for a winger is tracking back. unfortunately andrei doesnt do that but instead of playing to his strengths, wankger plays him on the wing.

completely killed andrei's confidence.

genius apparently.

what a tosser.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Cazorla will go the same way as Fat Fuck.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
McDonalds?

Gervinho's Forehead
08-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Cazorla will go the same way as Fat Fuck.

:gp: the fraud.

Injury Time
08-12-2012, 12:21 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/06/arsene-wenger-tells-andrey-arshavin-he-has-no-future-at-arsenal-3304529/?
We can't afford the pies I mean celery I mean salary £90k pw...I actually like him on the pitch, he's direct and tricky (might be too lazy for side to side shit but meh)

Özim
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
You can't just blame the player if he's not fit, it's up to the club to make sure he is by making him work harder via training methods and extra training if necessary, they pay his wages after all.

Trouble is we let players get away with daylight robbery, no discipline at all at the club.

He's an excellent player, but isn't being used where he should be and isn't being coached/trained properly IMO, he's might need someone to motivate him but that's something the club should be able to do.

Özim
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/06/arsene-wenger-tells-andrey-arshavin-he-has-no-future-at-arsenal-3304529/?
We can't afford the pies I mean celery I mean salary £90k pw...I actually like him on the pitch, he's direct and tricky (might be too lazy for side to side shit but meh)
If this is true I find it funny we don't do the same with sh*t like Chamakh and Squillaci, picking up their pay check for doing nothing and playing like cr*p when they do player, or is it different rules because they come from the French league?

Marc Overmars
08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
He'll stick around like a bad smell.

Just like Chakma, Squid, Dennis Bendtner, Denilson and until last summer, Almunia.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
a club that offers djourou a 3 year bumper contract extension.

just remember that.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Forgot about Djourou, you can add him to the list of deadbeat players we won't be able to shift.

Dennis Bendtner
08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Do not forget we have as well Park who can smell there.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
You can't just blame the player if he's not fit, it's up to the club to make sure he is by making him work harder via training methods and extra training if necessary, they pay his wages after all.

Trouble is we let players get away with daylight robbery, no discipline at all at the club.

He's an excellent player, but isn't being used where he should be and isn't being coached/trained properly IMO, he's might need someone to motivate him but that's something the club should be able to do.

No but you can blame him if he is being a lazy and shit, because he is playing a few yards of where he wants to be.

Maestro
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Arsmell VIII

Chakma, Squid, Dennis Bendtner, Denilson, Djourou, Park, Arshavin, Santos

How much is that shitbag hamper costing us a week ...300k - 400k??

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Arsmell VIII

Are you being racists towards Gervinho? Surely, his stench is as pungent as anyone on that list.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Are you being racists towards Gervinho? Surely, his stench is as pungent as anyone on that list.

I think he means non 1st teamers, who are on silly money.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Arsmell VIII

diaby was supposed to be out for 2 weeks.

he's been out for 10.

600k down the drain.

for an economist he sure knows how to use our resources inefficiently.

Mr. Lahey
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
one of our best players.

one of a few that can deliver a decent cross and also dribble.

russia got 135 minutes of good football out of him at the euros but we cant get 1.35 minutes of good football out of him

in preseason he looked quality down the middle

in the 7-5 vs reading everything came through him

cant remember which game it was but came on in the league and changed the game

we play him on the wing even though a blind dog knows one of the most important attributes for a winger is tracking back. unfortunately andrei doesnt do that but instead of playing to his strengths, wankger plays him on the wing.

completely killed andrei's confidence.

genius apparently.

what a tosser.

exactly, Arshavin has never been known for his defensive work, we knew this when we bought him. yet he is getting shit for it when he has been rather good going forward which is his primary job. the point is that he has been mismanaged completely....not playing him in his proper position, not keeping him in shape or motiviated. sure part of that falls on the player but developing/improving/motivating players is the job of the manager as well and for me, Wenger has done a really poor job with him.

Özim
08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
If I had to choose between cutting my losses on players like Chamakh, Rosicky, Diaby, Squillaci etc or cutting my losses on Arshavin, I'd get rid of the others first, reason being is half of them barely play 2 matches a season and the others are so sh*t they have nothing to offer.

At least with Arshavin he is almost always available to play and has the talent to do something special, he might not be producing it but a few goals and a bit of confidence would change all that. I'd say we could change all of this, but we can't...there's noone to motivate him or get him in shape at the club.

fakeyank
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
BDSM'd ?

Like i said if he don't want to be here then why don't he ask for a move?

U dont know BDSM?????

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
U dont know BDSM?????

Yeah, just not really into that sort of thing lol. Could understand AW and the board, just lost by AA lol.