PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs West brom

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Good win, much need win, Should give the lads confidence tbh

Best we played in a while tbh. Good too see the lads stepped up after the last few weeks.

Up to 6th.

Bring on Bradford.

cheesy bites
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Wilshere was magnificent.

milla
08-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Good dive tbh. :coffee:

GP
We were great today.

If Morbo had a brain we'd have won by about 13.

Marc Overmars
Back to missing tons of sitters, that's the Arsenal we all know and love.

Crapzola with a sexy dive.

Good 3 points to cut the gap on 4th.

Ollie the Optimist
08-12-2012, 04:57 PM
not happy at all with cazorlas dive, but west brom lose all right to moan about it after rosnebergs dive later on.

good win, ox was fantastic ( ox haters :haha: ) santi was everywhere and played well, arteta good, defence solid. chesney has had his problems with concentration in games, but today it was there 100% not needed much but was on the ball when he was called into action.

nothing else to say about Jack other then he is world class. stunning performance from.

fari
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
good win...cazorla dived but the second one was a stonewall penalty...we got the breaks today so i am glad about that.

Özim
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Good win with two penalties.

Wenger's job is safe for another 4 years.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Great win. :bow:

Joker
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
A good performance, we closed them down well and didn't give them time on the ball. This is the way we should be playing every week against most teams in the EPL (apart from the top 4/5 who are better on the ball). Based on the performance we deserved to win, but both goals were a bit lucky tbh. The first was a blatant dive, while in the buildup to the second I thought there was a foul on Popov by AOC. Rather makes a mockery of those who claim refs are biased against us.

Having said that, I don't think Cazorla should be banned for that, given that players like Ridgewell and Bale haven't been. If he is banned, then the FA would deserve to be called institutionally racist as a foreigner would be treated differently from "indigenous" players.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
not happy at all with cazorlas dive, but west brom lose all right to moan about it after rosnebergs dive later on.

Spot on, only negative from us today, The lad was silly to dive that was a disgrace, lets hope he learns from this.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Wilshere :bow:

Good win. Was much needed.

I must commend our midfield for neutering most of WBA's advances. It allowed our defence to effectively maintain a high line.

Main worry still remains our lack of cohesion in that final 3rd, compounded by our wastefulness whenever we got some fluidity there. We should have blanked these pubbers by at least 5-0, thereby taking some steam out of the media vultures who'll be milking every opportunity to discredit our win.

cheesy bites
08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ncVNQ.jpg

:loveblush:

GP
08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
:haha:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Sir Jack. :bow:

What a man.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Jack :bow:

Joker
08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Olson was behaving like such a wanker throughout the game, accusing Giroud for a non existent dive :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Wilshere :bow:

Good win. Was much needed.

I must commend our midfield for neutering most of WBA's advances. It allowed our defence to effectively maintain a high line.

Main worry still remains our lack of cohesion in that final 3rd, compounded by our wastefulness whenever we got some fluidity there. We should have blanked these pubbers by at least 5-0, thereby taking some steam out of the media vultures who'll be milking every opportunity to discredit our win.

Good to keep a clean sheet too.

Globalgunner
08-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Even Weger must have noticed that we are miles better when Ramsey does NOT play. We could also be better if Gerbill was left on the bench, but I guess two doses of the blindingly obvious is too much to expect our manager to take in one day.

these games are the reason why we can still believe in the 4th place trophy. We are crap but all the teams in contention with us are a little bit worse. Give Wenger a new 4 year deal please.

gunnerrrrr
the difference without Ramsey and Gervhinio is huge....hope there minutes remain limited

great team balance and Wilshire was immense

Master Splinter
Despite the rubbishness of the team recently, Sir Chezzer Knee has been very good over the last few weeks. Apart from a few dodgy kicks, he looks like he's got over his little shoulder and is back to the imposing figure who first broke into the team. A pleasing positive that will have mostly gone unnoticed amidst the CRISIS.

Sir Jack :bow:.

Good game from Oxo too. He'll be dropped now.

Gervinhbiyi :doh:.

We win and play well without Ramsey. Sadly, it's not a coincidence.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Even Weger must have noticed that we are miles better when Ramsey does NOT play. We could also be better if Gerbill was left on the bench, but I guess two doses of the blindingly obvious is too much to expect our manager to take in one day.

these games are the reason why we can still believe in the 4th place trophy. We are crap but all the teams in contention with us are a little bit worse. Give Wenger a new 4 year deal please.

:gp:

Yep, AW used his head for once, lets hope he uses his brain with gev once Theo is back.

Joker
08-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Yeah Ramsey takes far too long on the ball. Players like Wilshere can receive the ball and in an instant make up their mind about what to do next. This opens up more space as the opposition don't have time to get into position. Whenever Ramsey plays, our football is so laboured and turgid, and it's no coincidence either. He's simply a liability and not good enough IMO.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
the difference without Ramsey and Gervhinio is huge....hope there minutes remain limited

great team balance and Wilshire was immense

With Rosicky coming back and Coq getting better, can see Ramsey being 4th choice, till diaby gets fit. Gev seems to be 2nd choice behind Theo maybe even Ox.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Good win. Changes nothing. Worrying it took 2 penalties to score our goals. We need a striker ASAP. Know nothing about how we played and who played well. Didn't watch or listen to it over the radio. MOTD worth watching for the football? Sure as hell is for the commentary

Toronto Gooner
08-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Why just 4th? See my comment in the "Observations" thread I started.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Agree with Cripps re: striker. Definitely in need of one. Giroud does have presence but that's about it for him. He's not the lone striker type of striker.

He also needs service, more so aerial service, something which is not what we do best. I can't recall one aerial cross coming from Gibbs down that left flank today. Sagna tried a few but his were mostly wayward.

A 25 goals+ per season striker and a gritty midfielder are must buy come January.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 06:04 PM
A 25 goals+ per season striker and a gritty midfielder are must buy come January.

If only we had one of each when the Summer transfer window opened.

Anyway, Ive seen nor heard any of this match, so know little other than what I read in the match thread. A much needed result - hopefully this helps arrest the horrible slide we've been on. We really need to get as close as possible to maximum points between now and the FAC 3rd round.

Though I suspect our match against West Ham will be postponed until the new year.

Özim
08-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Can't see us buying a 25+ goal striker as much as I'd love us to, Wenger wants strikers to do everything under the sun, problem with this IMO is that it dilutes their effectiveness in front of goal most of the time.

I'd rather see a player who's job is to put the ball in the net and nothing else, if he scores 25+ goals but doesn't touch the ball every 35 seconds everyone will still be happy.

Letters
08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Better today. 2nd half in particular I thought we played pretty well although at times we do invite too much pressure on ourselves, confuse ourselves with a team who can pass the ball around well enough to take the piss, lose it and put ourselves in danger.
Overall though, pretty happy with the performance and result. Desperately needed that.

Oh: Gervinho :lol: How the hell does he get paid to play football? He works hard but he's just awlful.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM

True that is what we need, but we'll probs go sign Huntelaar. We need a Cavani or a Jovetic.

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
A 4 page only match reaction thread

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2012, 07:34 PM
We won, that's the explanation.

GP
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
And played well, to boot.

Not much to WUM about today.

Özim
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
We were sh*t in the 1st half to be fair, hardly something to get overexcited about. A good win but after a run of poor results it was about time, we beat West Brom a team on a bad run themselves at home with the 1st of which was gifted to us.

I think most people will just see it as a one off decent win in a awful season so far, this changes little.

Strange how some never show up when we lose or draw though, not much to WUM about I guess.

Letters
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM

You kinda have to admire Zimm's efforts to anyway though, both above and in the other thread with the brilliant "we only finish top 4 because of luck" claim.

Özim
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
You kinda have to admire Zimm's efforts to anyway though, both above and in the other thread with the brilliant "we only finish top 4 because of luck" claim.
Remind me how brilliant you think Wenger is again, I see to have forgotten?

Letters
08-12-2012, 07:56 PM
That would make sense if I hadn't said numerous times I think we should look elsewhere.
But I'm just not going to make stuff up and desperately shift goalposts to deny the club or him any credit for anything because of some agenda

Özim
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
That would make sense if I hadn't said numerous times I think we should look elsewhere.
But I'm just not going to make stuff up and desperately shift goalposts to deny the club or him any credit for anything because of some agenda
To be honest I always feel that you're heart isn't in it when you say that as you always counter it with an "oh look what he's done for the club statement".

You say it but it never comes across as if you really mean it.

Globalgunner
08-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Hey he gets lots of credit from most of us here. He`s won the 4th place trophy for 7 years running. Sometimes he even comes 3rd. What a manager!

Globalgunner

Hey he gets lots of credit from most of us here. He`s won the 4th place trophy for 7 years running. Sometimes he even comes 3rd. What a manager!

Letters
The difference is, Zimm, I don't have such unhealthy hatred for him that I can't see any good in him.
You can't see ANY good in what he's done over the last 7 years, you go so far at times to belittle his achievements for us before that.

I'm sad it's come to this, you hate him so much that you actually want Arsenal to do badly and relish our failings because of how it reflects on Wenger.

Seaman's Ponytail
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
OVerall a solid performance, never looked in danger of surrendering the points. Special mention to Gibbs who i thought was excellent also, kept Odemwinger well in his pocket

And Jack :bow:

Oh and Gerv :banghead: Surely not a more infuriating footballer going around. Makes some great runs but can't even kick a ball properly :doh:

Özim
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
The difference is I don't have such unhealthy hatred for him that I can't see any good in him.

It undermines your point however, someone who wants a manager out doesn't go so far to defend them.

Letters
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
It undermines your point however, someone who wants a manager out doesn't go so far to defend them.
I don't think he's able to make us properly competitive in the modern game, that doesn't mean I think he's a **** or any of the other things which people throw at him on here.
I'll defend him against things I think he should be defended about.
The two things are perfectly consistent.

Özim
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't think he's able to make us properly competitive in the modern game, that doesn't mean I think he's a **** or any of the other things which people throw at him on here.
I'll defend him against things I think he should be defended about.
The two things are perfectly consistent.
It comes across as unconvincing however, if you want a manager out then there's no need to defend him and say he's done this that or the other, it's kinda irrelevant.....we all know he's done good things in the past but this is the present and his performance now just isn't good enough in any way.

Letters
08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm not trying to convince anyone.

I can think someone should be sacked without thinking they're a **** or thinking they're an absolutely awful manager. Why does everything always have to be so black and white on here?

Özim
08-12-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm not saying you have to think he's a ****, I'm saying that if you really wanted him out then there would be no need to talk about the good things he's done in the same sentence, there's a big difference.

IMO it comes across as if you're not really sure you want him out and would maybe give him another shot if things suddenly improved a bit in the short term.

Letters
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
There's no need to exaggerate the problem either. We finished 3rd last season, not mid-table. We've finished top 4 every year since we last won a trophy. He's not the incompetent you make out, but I don't think he's able to compete in the modern game.
I'll defend him when I think people are being overly disrespectful towards him or using ridiculous hyperbole about how awful he is.

Özim
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm aware where we've ended up, don't think we've been a particularly good team though and the mistakes he's made have been plain as day to all those that watch the games, many of these mistakes cannot be defended if he is supposedly a top top manager as some claim.

Like I said though, you're comments about him moving on are usually dulled down by complementing him in some way even when noone has been particularly disrepectful.

fakeyank
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
There's no need to exaggerate the problem either. We finished 3rd last season, not mid-table. We've finished top 4 every year since we last won a trophy. He's not the incompetent you make out, but I don't think he's able to compete in the modern game.
I'll defend him when I think people are being overly disrespectful towards him or using ridiculous hyperbole about how awful he is.

Wenger is a dumb ass :lol:

Letters
08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Wenger is a dumb ass :lol:
As is your face

:p

Letters
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Like I said though, you're comments about him moving on are usually dulled down by complementing him in some way even when noone has been particularly disrepectful.So?

I have a lot of respect for Wenger. I would love it if he turned it around although I don't think he will, sadly.

The way you come across is that you'd rather see Arsenal fail because you hate Wenger so much you want him to fail. If we did win a trophy under him again (unlikely, sadly) I don't think you'd enjoy it.

LDG
08-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Good win.

Zimm :pal:

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Well....you'd think that.

Niall_Quinn
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Didn't watch it, didn't even to the GW match thread today. Could explain why we won. Shame we got both our penalties for this year in the one match though.

LDG
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Seriously. We were pretty #decent second half. Closed the ball down well, and played some nice footy. Should have finished the job with a few more goals.

Thought brom were fuckin dire. But we were lucky they didn't play the huge beast from the start.

Gervinho is shit.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
What did Mrs. LDG think?

GP
08-12-2012, 10:11 PM
What did Mrs. LDG think?

She said she's had better.

-Xs-
08-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Not a bad game, a couple of brain farts now and then, and Gervinho is truly awful, but other than that, a solid performance. Hope we can build on it

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-12-2012, 10:14 PM
why cant we press teams like that all the time?

why cant we play with a quick tempo all the time?

why cant we have a sense of urgency all the time?

its clear the squad were kicked up their arse last week and it showed today. we played fast flowing football and it worked. why it hasnt been implemented so far is beyond me.

great performance.

wilshere is turning into quite a little GHEL. bickering, arguing and fighting at every opportunity. a combination of paddy 03/04 and cesc 08/09. love it.

LDG
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
What did Mrs. LDG think?

Enjoyed it.

I still love that feeling of walking out into the stands amd seeing that green carpet and the scale of things.

Was never better than my first game though. And I think she was made up :d

Letters
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Enjoyed it.
And what did she think about the game?

LDG
08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Fnar fnar.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Happy days.

My first game was a 2-1 defeat at home to Coventry.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

LDG
08-12-2012, 10:27 PM
:lol:

gunnerrrrr
08-12-2012, 11:08 PM
why cant we press teams like that all the time?

why cant we play with a quick tempo all the time?

why cant we have a sense of urgency all the time?

its clear the squad were kicked up their arse last week and it showed today. we played fast flowing football and it worked. why it hasnt been implemented so far is beyond me.

great performance.

wilshere is turning into quite a little GHEL. bickering, arguing and fighting at every opportunity. a combination of paddy 03/04 and cesc 08/09. love it.

its to do with balance, and i hate to say it but certain players really effect the above...Ramsey is a disaster, add GErvhinio to the mix and its like we are playing with 10 men.

Today we had excellent team balance, even Gervhinio played well taking away his ineptness in front of goal...

If Ramsey was in that midfield i guarentee he is delaying the play, going backwards, giving the ball away etc...

One bad player is all it takes

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Saw the extended highlights. First time this season I have seen signs of the Arsenal I expect. Jack has switched up a level, if Barca have ten of him in their training camp then where are they? Like fuck they do and the kid is showing signs of recapturing his best form. Cazorla dived, of course he did, but he was doing it to protect himself from injury (can that be used for non-English players?)

The fuss made over Ox's featherweight push on that defender who collapsed like a sack of shit was ridiculous. Okay, it was a push, of the sort a limp wrist queer might deliver in jest. Any defender who goes down from that is a joke. I saw Hansen banging on about it. Any other day he'd be saying the defender wasn't strong enough, but today he gives a pass to the pansy so he can have another moan about unlucky West Brom. A team who were well beaten and very fortunate to escape with just the two goal beating. They were gash. The only element of luck in this game fell to Brom in the form of our forwards being so generously wasteful.

Something has obviously gone on behind the scenes. The defence looked more drilled, Wenger was more subdued, there was a lot more pressing and chasing. It makes you wonder if these guys have even been trying over the last few weeks.

Even Wenger must be able to see that Ramsey's best position is on the bench, right? What a difference it makes when that guy is left out. He's like a wheel clamp, we can't go anywhere when he's in the team.

Giroud battles but he's really not all that is he? Average is the word that sums him up best. He gives us a few options with his presence and heading ability, but anything on the deck and he's a passenger.

I noticed TV was more involved as a captain today too. Just a few hints he might be taking the role seriously.

It wasn't a great game but it had some football in it which has been lacking in previous matches.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Saw the extended highlights. First time this season I have seen signs of the Arsenal I expect. Jack has switched up a level, if Barca have ten of him in their training camp then where are they? Like fuck they do and the kid is showing signs of recapturing his best form. Cazorla dived, of course he did, but he was doing it to protect himself from injury (can that be used for non-English players?)

The fuss made over Ox's featherweight push on that defender who collapsed like a sack of shit was ridiculous. Okay, it was a push, of the sort a limp wrist queer might deliver in jest. Any defender who goes down from that is a joke. I saw Hansen banging on about it. Any other day he'd be saying the defender wasn't strong enough, but today he gives a pass to the pansy so he can have another moan about unlucky West Brom. A team who were well beaten and very fortunate to escape with just the two goal beating. They were gash. The only element of luck in this game fell to Brom in the form of our forwards being so generously wasteful.

Something has obviously gone on behind the scenes. The defence looked more drilled, Wenger was more subdued, there was a lot more pressing and chasing. It makes you wonder if these guys have even been trying over the last few weeks.

Even Wenger must be able to see that Ramsey's best position is on the bench, right? What a difference it makes when that guy is left out. He's like a wheel clamp, we can't go anywhere when he's in the team.

Giroud battles but he's really not all that is he? Average is the word that sums him up best. He gives us a few options with his presence and heading ability, but anything on the deck and he's a passenger.

I noticed TV was more involved as a captain today too. Just a few hints he might be taking the role seriously.

It wasn't a great game but it had some football in it which has been lacking in previous matches.

Top, top, top post :bow:

Flowed just like our advances today. Nothing pedantic in this read.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2012, 01:01 AM
glad he dived for the penalty

hopefully we dive more often and win games that way.

its what made us famous in our most successful era. we were a bunch of c*nts that nobody liked. the foreigners that always cheated.

we need that grit and hatred back.

we're too nice nowadays.

hopefully cazorla keeps it up. maybe gervinho can start adding it to his game. wilshere fighting in the middle of the park with cazorla diving around him.

love it. more please.

Syn
09-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Heh. I remember going through that phase.

Syn
09-12-2012, 01:03 AM
And, just to be clear, Jack's little burst is not back. We are still waiting.

Had a t'riffic game today though (second half especially).

Özil's Panoramic View
09-12-2012, 01:06 AM
glad he dived for the penalty

hopefully we dive more often and win games that way.

its what made us famous in our most successful era. we were a bunch of c*nts that nobody liked. the foreigners that always cheated.

we need that grit and hatred back.

we're too nice nowadays.

hopefully cazorla keeps it up. maybe gervinho can start adding it to his game. wilshere fighting in the middle of the park with cazorla diving around him.

love it. more please.

That Gervinho really knows how to find himself in some very advantageous spots.

He can dribble a little, but can barely beat a defender and can't kick a ball to save his life.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry guys. , .missed this one due to stinking cold. . .two pens to win the game always makes you wonder however sounds like we were ok

Missus stayed up to watch and said Gerv was crap. . .missed a ton. . .@Cripps, god I hate being wrong ;)

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Sorry guys. , .missed this one due to stinking cold. . .two pens to win the game always makes you wonder however sounds like we were ok

Missus stayed up to watch and said Gerv was crap. . .missed a ton. . .@Cripps, god I hate being wrong ;)

Your missus actually watches Arsenal and understands it enough to tell Gerv was crap?!?!!?

JJAO's wife :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
09-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Your missus actually watches Arsenal and understands it enough to tell Gerv was crap?!?!!?

Yeah and she even know's that Dowd is a **** . . .impressive huh?

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Yeah and she even know's that Dowd is a **** . . .impressive huh?

I think I am in love.. she got a sister? ##

Japan Shaking All Over
09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I think I am in love.. she got a sister? ##

:lol: fortunately to the relief of humanity she is an only child

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
The difference is, Zimm, I don't have such unhealthy hatred for him that I can't see any good in him.
You can't see ANY good in what he's done over the last 7 years, you go so far at times to belittle his achievements for us before that.

I'm sad it's come to this, you hate him so much that you actually want Arsenal to do badly and relish our failings because of how it reflects on Wenger.

Pretty much, Zimm is not a Arsenal fan he is a i hate Wenger fan, no true Arsenal fan would want the club to lose for the sake of the own selfish needs. No true gooners takes so much delight when we lose and gets pissed of so much when we win.

Even those who want wenger out more then him, would not wish this.

Funny though when we do lose he is the 1st guy to moan.

Cripps_orig
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Pretty much, Zimm is not a Arsenal fan he is a i hate Wenger fan, no true Arsenal fan would want the club to lose for the sake of the own selfish needs. No true gooners takes so much delight when we lose and gets pissed of so much when we win. Even those who want wenger out more then him, would not wish this. Funny though when we do lose he is the 1st guy to moan. Wtf? Is there any need for that? Just cos he doesn't lick Wengers asshole like some on here and rightly so, he's not an Arsenal fan? :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-12-2012, 11:23 AM
(On the deleted posts). Charlie, calm it down!

Dennis Bendtner
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Just seen the keepy-uppy session between the midfield three. Now that was good.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
(On the deleted posts). Charlie, calm it down!

Soz Macca

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
the media in this country are a fucking disgrace.

talksport gave the cazorla dive 30 secs of airtime last night. bale got nothing last week.

sky sports news start off by saying 'arsenals win overshadowed by a cazorla dive'. then spend 30 secs highlighting it. bale got nothing last week.

what a fucking disgrace. racist, xenophobic c*nts.

sky sports news are a bunch of c*nts.
talksport are a bunch of c*nts.
the journo's in this country are a bunch of c*nts.

C*NTS.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
the media in this country are a fucking disgrace.

talksport gave the cazorla dive 30 secs of airtime last night. bale got nothing last week.

sky sports news start off by saying 'arsenals win overshadowed by a cazorla dive'. then spend 30 secs highlighting it. bale got nothing last week.

what a fucking disgrace. racist, xenophobic ****s.

sky sports news are a bunch of ****s.
talksport are a bunch of ****s.
the journo's in this country are a bunch of ****s.

****S.
Yeah but its Arsenal so will always be treated unfairly tbh. Not surprising when some of you own call him a dirty spanish cheat tbh.

Cripps_orig
09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Cazorla deserves all he gets. As for Bale, he's a diving **** for sure but did any of his dives lead to goals for Spuds? Probably why there's been no talk about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
The pelanty against us last season.

Also, Cazorla, like Suarez is ruining football in England. :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Couldn't care less about Cheatzola's dive but I will use it to fuel more irrational hate propoganda against the fraud.

Cheatzola. :lol:

Awful greasy cheat.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Cazorla deserves all he gets. As for Bale, he's a diving **** for sure but did any of his dives lead to goals for Spuds? Probably why there's been no talk about it.

So our player deserves all he gets, why. However because Bale's incident did not lead to any goals(no that you can remember) The media should lay off him.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM
The pelanty against us last season.

Also, Cazorla, like Suarez is ruining football in England. :rolleyes:

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Yeah...

You need to know lots about football to understand that.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah...

Syn
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/3903/tikitaka.gif

Wilshere's miscontrol :lol:

Özim
09-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Pretty much, if you dive so blatantly and it results in a goal it's bound to get more media coverage than a dive in midfield that is just in normal play.

You either criticise all diving or none at all, you can't have it both ways.

Dennis Bendtner
09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/3903/tikitaka.gif

Wilshere's miscontrol :lol:

They showed the extended clip of that on MOTD. He made up for it later in the move with a very Spanish needle pass.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/motd-analysis-jack-wilshere-v-west-brom/

:patrice:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
You either criticise all diving or none at all, you can't have it both ways.

which is what they're not doing.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
can we not just all get on for once? its nearly christmas :console:

Özim
09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
which is what they're not doing.
You can't expect the media to do that though, they're looking to sell papers so they look for key parts which let's them put a good story together, I was referring to football fans in reality.

I don't disagree with you, but from the press point of view a dive leading to a goal will always be a tastier story than a dive in the middle of the pitch when nothing is happening.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
No but they you went off on one and happily joined in (the guy who said it is an idiot anyway IMO), it's called pack mentality.

I'm just giving an honest answer, you constantly go off on one calling me names etc and then apologise, there's only so many times someone can get away with it and you have used up your allocation.

As for the names you mention, well one of them spends pretty much 99% of his time on here wumming and yet you fail to notice that for some reason and :goodpost: his cr*p, therefore I find it funny you dare accuse someone else of wumming as you so often do.

:haha: you serious.

Get a life its a forum, i come on here to talk about the team i love, not to worry if people i don't know like me. Its not a big deal if people don't take me seriously.

If i go of on you then its for a reason. Why is it i don't go off on the likes of Letters, LDG, syn, NQ, Macy, GB, Josh, WW, etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Cos he dived....the rest of the post is BS as usual. Stop wumming. Typical non arsenal fan.

So does Bale, Ronaldo, Suraez you never go hard on them. Yet Whem Messi gets fouled, he's the biggest diver in the world.

Yes Santi dived and rightly so deserves to be called on it, but so do everyone that sives.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Charlie the Sycophant. :bow:

What a man.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Charlie the Sycophant. :bow:

What a man.

I am what i am.

Özim
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
:haha: you serious.

Get a life its a forum, i come on here to talk about the team i love, not to worry if people i don't know like me. Its not a big deal if people don't take me seriously.

If i go of on you then its for a reason. Why is it i don't go off on the likes of Letters, LDG, syn, NQ, Macy, GB, Josh, WW, etc.
Totally.

Yeah but I wouldn't like someone insulting me in real life and I don't like it on a forum either, makes no difference where it is.

Why, I respond to them and banter with them everytime they WUM (not all of those do that btw), one thing they don't do however is call me names (apart from once from one of those and he knows I didn't appreciate it), that's where I draw the line. As for you going off on one, why do you even need to talk about me...am I so important in your life that you couldn't live without posting sh*t about me on a public forum?

Özim
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Funny thing is I actually get one with most people in the real world, it just on here I don't.

Cripps_orig
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
So does Bale, Ronaldo, Suraez you never go hard on them. Yet Whem Messi gets fouled, he's the biggest diver in the world.Yes Santi dived and rightly so deserves to be called on it, but so do everyone that sives.None of them play for us....couldn't care less. I hardly watch their matches. Can't remember the last time I watched Liverpool, Spuds or Spanish football.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
why do you even need to talk about me...am I so important in your life that you couldn't live without posting sh*t about me on a public forum?

You mean like you do about wenger :coffee:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/That_aa19d9_3045018.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:42 PM

:hug:

Özim
09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
You mean like you do about wenger :coffee:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/That_aa19d9_3045018.jpg
Well this is an Arsenal forum and as far as I can see he's the manager

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Fine, lets leave it like that.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah...

Oi easy tiger. . .thats the apple of my eye you're talking about there

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Yeah it seemd like he learned he had reponsibilites and stepped up, lets hope it continues tbh.

Tbf dude few of us have defended him, such a let down tbh. Although say that what he can do he does well. Like his dribbling just takes too long to know what he wants do do after that.

Hopefully he can work on it but for now he should be a bench player.

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Fine, lets leave it like that.

The fuck you pussies.. bitches better take out some daggers n shit. All this foreplay with no action is not appreciated! :angry:

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
This morning on Sunday Supplement, one of the muppets actually said Cazorla has to learn we don't stand for diving in this country! Said it with a straight face too, i think he actually meant it. Rooney, Starfish, Young, Bale, Drogba, Torres this country is the world record holder for diving. That doesn't even include the players who dive outside the box, basically anywhere on the pitch from the slightest touch. Diving is at the very heart of the English game. Everyone does it and twats like Jamie Redknapp and Gary Lineker even say it is part of the game.

But we don't stand for the likes of Cazorla or Eduardo or Pires (remember that ONE occasion?) over here! :sulk:

Toronto Gooner
09-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Noel,

We all know that only Arsenal buys divers. All other players have take evasive action to prevent career ending injuries.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
The fuck you pussies.. bitches better take out some daggers n shit. All this foreplay with no action is not appreciated! :angry:

Ok, so's your face. :coffee:

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok, so's your face. :coffee:

That doesnt make sense! :lol:

Charlie :hug:

Özim
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Funny thing is I actually get one with most people in the real world, it just on here I don't.

Maybe I should point out all the typos here, but I won't.

The reason you don;t get on with a lot of people here is because just about every one of your posts are designed to wum. You have points to make that make sense without the need for such extreme embellishment.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 03:42 PM

I'm sure you're punching above your weight.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 03:43 PM

Yeah whats your point.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM

Neither does your face.

Özim
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Maybe I should point out all the typos here, but I won't.

The reason you don;t get on with a lot of people here is because just about every one of your posts are designed to wum. You have points to make that make sense without the need for such extreme embellishment.
For a start that's total BS, I WUM more now admittedly because the real WUM's are pretty much allowed to run riot unopposed on here and I've got tired of it now, my comments are generally what I'm thinking at the time however.

It doesn't bother me that I don't get on with everyone on here anyhow, it was just a comment on the post I quoted, trouble with people on here is they don't like to hear the truth, they like to live in this rosy reality that doesn't actually exist, their reaction to posts they don't like is to WUM.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Not wanting to play devil's advocate but the thinly veiled sniping is pathetic and now consumes every other thread. Can't everyone just give it a rest?

GP
09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Not wanting to play devil's advocate but the thinly veiled sniping is pathetic and now consumes every other thread. Can't everyone just give it a rest?

Agreed, some of us decent posters can't make any kind of comment without getting WUMed.

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Neither does your face.

@charlie: now that makes sense

KSE Comedy Club
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Lol,

Japs eye!

;)

fakeyank
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Agreed, some of us decent posters can't make any kind of comment without getting WUMed.

Look at you trying to sneak yourself into the decent posters category!

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
@charlie: now that makes sense

GP
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Look at you trying to sneak yourself into the decent posters category!

I am the decent posters category.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
For a start that's total BS, I WUM more now admittedly because the real WUM's are pretty much allowed to run riot unopposed on here and I've got tired of it now, my comments are generally what I'm thinking at the time however.

It doesn't bother me that I don't get on with everyone on here anyhow, it was just a comment on the post I quoted, trouble with people on here is they don't like to hear the truth, they like to live in this rosy reality that doesn't actually exist, their reaction to posts they don't like is to WUM.

I honestly don't think that you have a handle on reality - you have a handle on black and on white. If you are of limited intelligence, that is excuseable, because once you have decided something is black or white - that's it, there is no more need for further thought or analysis because you have all your answers right there in two simple choices.

Surely you have more to offer than that - but if you are simply dedicated to the wumming aspect of posting, we can sort that out.

Letters
09-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I am the decent posters category.

Oh, you were serious?

GP
09-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Oh, you were serious?

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll leave that to people like Power'n'RaceCard

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I'll leave that to people like Power'n'RaceCard

:lol: Who?

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-players-urge-arsene-wenger-1479979

Not many quotes but I hope this is true.

Gervinho's Forehead
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-players-urge-arsene-wenger-1479979

:pray: lil' bit tired of hiring it.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM

Would tie in with some of the fears he's losing the dressing room. :popcorn:

Joker
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Zim's not the only one who's WUMMed recently (and tbf it's in response to blatant provocation). There is a group of people who pursue their agenda in every single thread on Arsenal FC debate, and will deliberately argue the exact opposite of what Zim's saying, combined with thinly veiled digs aimed at him and yet not directly addressed to him. It really does ruin debate on here, and yet they're never really called up on it.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Wenger himself admitted his claim the squad is tired has been rejected, saying: “We have been a bit jaded, even if that is not accepted by many players.”

Really strange for wumger to sat this tbh, he normally keeps this sort of stuff in house, when it comes to the players.

Syn
09-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Well the writer is just putting 2 and 2 together since 1) Wenger said: “We have been a bit jaded, even if that is not accepted by many players.”, and 2) 'Mikel Arteta last week revealed some *players had asked for extra training sessions, rather than more time off.'

I think it's all horseshit. I don't understand what the players would be looking for. If they don't want the tired excuse rolled out, inject some fucking energy and stop slowly tapping it around like mongs. Wenger's a penis for being weak and not standing up to his players, but ultimately, if you're not happy with how slow the game is going, do what Jack did yesterday and little bit burst forward and do something about it.

As for players being unhappy at being left out for the Bradford game - he's just chancing it. I think we'll see a mix of first-teamers in action anyway but as long as we win, I don't see what the harm is.

Özim
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I honestly don't think that you have a handle on reality - you have a handle on black and on white. If you are of limited intelligence, that is excuseable, because once you have decided something is black or white - that's it, there is no more need for further thought or analysis because you have all your answers right there in two simple choices.

Surely you have more to offer than that - but if you are simply dedicated to the wumming aspect of posting, we can sort that out.
Things are never black and white however after 7 years you can form a pretty accurate picture of what's happening and can come to the sensible decision that change is needed. What change should we make, well there's only one thing that is realistically going to change and based on what we see happening that change will have a direct impact on events on the pitch.

I'm not interested in wumming, however you do get consumed by it after a while when people clearly post to have digs at what you're saying, I admit that I now do also get involved in it but it's more out of annoyance than anything else at constant comments made for the sake of disagreeing.

Özim
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM

It's the Mirror so there's a high chance it's BS to be honest.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-12-2012, 04:35 PM

Can we expect the entire team to be sold now?

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Can we expect the entire team to be sold now?

Do not forget we have Meade who can also play there.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Do not forgot we have Meade who can also play there.

Really hope he too dared to talk up to Lord Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Do not forget we have Meade who can also play there.

Meade :lol:

GP
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Maede :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Well the writer is just putting 2 and 2 together since 1) Wenger said: “We have been a bit jaded, even if that is not accepted by many players.”, and 2) 'Mikel Arteta last week revealed some *players had asked for extra training sessions, rather than more time off.'

I think it's all horseshit. I don't understand what the players would be looking for. If they don't want the tired excuse rolled out, inject some fucking energy and stop slowly tapping it around like mongs. Wenger's a penis for being weak and not standing up to his players, but ultimately, if you're not happy with how slow the game is going, do what Jack did yesterday and little bit burst forward and do something about it.

As for players being unhappy at being left out for the Bradford game - he's just chancing it. I think we'll see a mix of first-teamers in action anyway but as long as we win, I don't see what the harm is.

Seems like a nonsense article by Matt law, guess you'd have to expect these types of articles along with the Theo not being happpy ones that come out every day.

Dennis Bendtner
09-12-2012, 05:17 PM
It's all 2+2 nonsense, like Steve Bould training our defenders to be rock solid coz he's a defenda or tearing a strip off the players in the dressing room coz he's a fucking northern ghel or murdering Alex Song in training etc. Footballers asking to play more in a busy period for their wages, do me a favour love.

IBK
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM

I love this post. :gp: and LOL

IBK
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Good win.

Zimm :pal:

Yup, enjoyed that one guys.

Master Splinter
09-12-2012, 06:57 PM

I agree.

Your constant abuse of Thanthiago Cheatzola Fraudzalez is wearying.

Give it a r*st.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 06:58 PM
In my defence I've been very open about how irrational my agenda is there...

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Just post some pics of the hairdresser and stfu

Gervinho's Forehead
09-12-2012, 07:17 PM

Master Splinter
09-12-2012, 07:18 PM

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101124161453/villains/images/a/a7/Sweeney-todd.png

Gervinho's Forehead
09-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree.

Your constant abuse of Thanthiago Cheatzola Fraudzalez is wearying.

Give it a r*st.

fraudthorla was mine tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2012, 07:44 PM
please guys its nearly christmas :crying:

Özim
10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Just had a look at the table and we're 2 points behind 4th place, also noticed Liverpool who it's widely accepted have been awful this season are only two points behind us.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2012, 12:24 AM
It's widely accepted we've been awful this season too though hasn't it? :lol:

However though, yeah it's very tight. Doubt it will last though, so to speak.

Özim
10-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah it is but I thought Liverpool were way behind us, they hardly seem to have won any games.

To think they are just 4 points behind 4th place really drives home how poor the fight for 4th pace has been so far this season.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2012, 12:39 AM
They did go five games without a win but then I suppose they did have a stupidly hard start. It has been poorer than usual so far throughout the league, it's true. Poorer league though so I guess it stands to reason.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-12-2012, 12:47 AM
It's widely accepted we've been awful this season too though hasn't it? :lol:

However though, yeah it's very tight. Doubt it will last though, so to speak.

This^^

The fairy tale placing some clubs have seen since the start of the season, will eventually wither away. The sheep will eventually be separated from the goats and come end of season, the top tier of the table will be pretty much consistent with the trend of the last decade.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
This^^

The fairy tale placing some clubs have seen since the start of the season, will eventually wither away. The sheep will eventually be seperated from the goats and come end of season, the top tier of the table will be pretty much consistent with the trend of the last decade.

charlie :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Just had a look at the table and we're 2 points behind 4th place, also noticed Liverpool who it's widely accepted have been awful this season are only two points behind us.

It's not all bad, we're still two points ahead of Norwich.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Gervinho's Forehead
10-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Yeah it is but I thought Liverpool were way behind us, they hardly seem to have won any games.

To think they are just 4 points behind 4th place really drives home how poor the fight for 4th pace has been so far this season.

the hoof are always manage to be higher in the table than you think no matter what results they have. The ****s.

Gervinho's Forehead
10-12-2012, 08:19 AM
It's not all bad, we're still two points ahead of Norwich.

grant fucking holt!

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
charlie :bow:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma81eq32Ev1ranhnao1_400.gif

Kano
10-12-2012, 09:52 AM

it's an awful league when a team in equal fourth have lost 6 times already.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Both spurs and West brom have. Who are both on the same points.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 10:07 AM

The league is woeful thats why, from top to bottom. Which is why i have been say we could easily get 4th. No team has really pulled away. Though around Jan the table will take form ans teams like West brom etc will start to drop off.

From 12th place to 4th there is only 4 points in it. Newcastle of Fulham win today, then from 13th to 4th only 6 points in it.

Though you have to remember with the TV for next season alot of lower teams know they need to finishes in a certain place or stay in the league to get it. So they don't make it easy to beat them.

Özim
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Very true, that's really poor at this stage of the season.

LDG
10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
It's been poor for a while now. But also a lot more equal in terms of fitness and tactics (which is why we've suffered more).

The difference now, is purely about Oli riches, and one manager who could motivate a sloth to win the league.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
This^^

The fairy tale placing some clubs have seen since the start of the season, will eventually wither away. The sheep will eventually be separated from the goats and come end of season, the top tier of the table will be pretty much consistent with the trend of the last decade.

Which animal's entrails did you read to base that on?

Kano
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
The difference now, is purely about Oli riches, and one manager who could motivate a sloth to win the league.
arshavin excluded of course.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Mikel Arteta insists Arsenal team-mate Santi Cazorla did not attempt to con the referee in their 2-0 win over West Brom.

Cazorla was accused of diving after Steven Reid’s first-half challenge resulted in referee Mike Jones awarding a penalty.

Furious West Brom manager Steve Clarke said the referee should have spotted there was ‘zero contact’ on Cazorla.

But Arteta, who smashed home the spot-kick to set Arsenal on their way to a first win in four, claimed: ‘Santi said he felt something. Even if it’s little, it is contact. The ref makes decisions, some right and some wrong.

‘Santi is not a player who dives. He felt something and changed direction, but he is not that type of player.’

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/09/mikel-arteta-defends-arsenal-team-mate-santi-cazorla-in-west-brom-dive-row-3309127/

Not tht type of player :bow: Never heard one of ours use that.

LDG
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/09/mikel-arteta-defends-arsenal-team-mate-santi-cazorla-in-west-brom-dive-row-3309127/

Not tht type of player :bow: Never heard one of ours use that.

MiGhel Arteta :bow:

Özim
10-12-2012, 11:43 AM
At the end of the day he'll end up having genuine penalty calls denied in future as referees will be aware of what he's done before, players don't help themselves.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Our real captain, all the players listen to.

TV5 Captain in name only :haha:

LDG
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
At the end of the day he'll end up having genuine penalty calls denied in future as referees will be aware of what he's done before, players don't help themselves.

Yep. We need Jack to do all the diving from now on. He'll get away with it, as there will be no persecution from the English press when he does it.

Özim
10-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Yep. We need Jack to do all the diving from now on. He'll get away with it, as there will be no persecution from the English press when he does it.
Plus if they dive in midfield noone will notice or care :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM

This.

Though I will caveat my agreement by stating the amount of stonewallers we have not received over the past couple of seasons has been staggering. Incidents such as this will only increase the likelihood of this trend continuing.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Ghel Wilshere :bow: might as well. No one pulls Stevie me up on it. Least he'll Ghel it up unlike this bloke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9351043.stm :haha:

Kano
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Grebbo
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
How did Oxo do?

Think he's been told to knuckle down as I see OxTV has been canned until further notice.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
How did Oxo do?

Think he's been told to knuckle down as I see OxTV has been canned until further notice.

Was ok, thought it ws his best game in a while, got the 2nd pen for us.

DJ Philosophe
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Better performance than vs. Swans.....still not great, but we did the job and I can't complain really. The midfield combo play was excellent, but I still feel we're short of options to release with only Giroud available. Gervinho and or Ox/Walcott need to drift inside from time to time and add some variety to the width they give and support Giroud to link up. No way Santi can be right behind our only striker for 90 minutes with defensive responsibility he's being asked to do. Ball movement was faster, overall more runs off the ball, and a few more 1v1s with defenders. All signs the players were more active and less static, which was either the rest or self-reflection of their recent horrible run of games. Either way it's an improvement and time to build on the positivity. Like it has been said a million times..."The season starts here". Time to push on and make December a successful month before we can add firepower to the squad/drop dead weight.

As for the "dive"...yes it looked a dive but I can honestly say I don't care having seen so many players form other clubs globally do the same EXACT thing. It's football, and if my team were up against it in recent events and I got touched(or not) in the box while dribbling, I'd go down too. Matter of fact I won the winning penalty for my adult league team here in the US just this past weekend with a questionable foul. And I'll say the same thing I said to the guy who was bitching at me as I'd say to Reid or Olsson....don't stick your fucking leg out with some poor defending and expect to be let off the hook by the referee.....Gotta love football!

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
As for the "dive"...yes it looked a dive but I can honestly say I don't care having seen so many players form other clubs globally do the same EXACT thing. It's football, and if my team were up against it in recent events and I got touched(or not) in the box while dribbling, I'd go down too. Matter of fact I won the winning penalty for my adult league team here in the US just this past weekend with a questionable foul. And I'll say the same thing I said to the guy who was bitching at me as I'd say to Reid or Olsson....don't stick your fucking leg out with some poor defending and expect to be let off the hook by the referee.....Gotta love football!

Spot on, end of the day its been down to the fa to sort out diving they have not its coming back on them. Lets be honest the ref did not have to give that pen if he was not 100% sure.

Until those at the top are hard on diving, nothing will ever change. Lets not just say its cause of the foreigners, English players have been diving long before this only it was not as obvious and mostly swept under the carpet.

Kano
10-12-2012, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SOSyv.jpg

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM

If that was touching gloves before the start of a fight my cash would be on Jack all the way. The other guy looks like he wants to be out of there.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 03:32 PM

:bow: Jack what a ghel. good to see 1 of our players up for the fight.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdn4xyykdU1rxctspo1_250.gif

Christian Bale :haha:

Syn
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Jack would've got destroyed in both fights.

Grebbo
10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Jack's such a little short arsed twat.

Love him.

He's our Dennis Wise but with about 100000000000% more ability.

Kano
10-12-2012, 03:52 PM
course, but you gotta luv a trier.

GP
10-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Nah, Bale is still crying himself to sleep.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Steven Reid has said the ref told him a pelanty was given because of the intent of his challenge.

Ollie the Optimist
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Steven Reid has said the ref told him a pelanty was given because of the intent of his challenge.

i saw a bbc article on this, it said a ref can give a penalty if a player kicks or attempts to kick another player.

ried took a massive fucking swing at him so he can have no complaints over that one, even if santi dived.

also im loving how west brom are so angry about santi diving and every player seems to be saying its a disgrace, and the media lapping it up while ignoring the fact that one of their own players dived in our penalty area later on in the game

Syn
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I didn't even mind Cazorla going down without the contact - because Reid did have a swing at him and it's clear Cazorla isn't liking the rough treatment recently. If he got straight back up and didn't try to claim a penalty, then he could at least say he was just looking to avoid a kick. But what counts against Cazorla is the way he rolled around clutching his shin after the dive. There's no real way to defend that.

As for the penalty decision - refs call. There doesn't need to be contact for the ref to give a foul (you can call a foul for dangerous play or obstruction) but I don't think either of those apply in this case. A bit silly for the ref to defend it - especially since nobody is blaming him as such.

Marc Overmars
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I think that sounds like a dangerous precedent to award a penalty for an attempted challenge that makes no contact and would otherwise have gone completely unnoticed without the player falling over and pretending to be hurt.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
The ref would do well to stfu, as no one is really putting him under the neon light here. No need for him to casts more focus on the piss poor officiating that dogs the league, by throwing in an unwarranted defence of his fuck up.

As for Santi, I would like to say that he was just carrying out an evasive manoeuvre after being kicked every week. But, his theatrical rolling about, while clutching his shin and grimacing like he'd been kicked in the balls, negates any form of defence that one might conjure up.

GP
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
After the seven thousand stone-wallers we don't get given, I'm glad he did it and hope the rest of the side follow suit.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Why not, they sing "Same old Arsenal always cheating" Might as well be true it it lol's

GP
10-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Pretty much.

We have a (undeserved) reputation for cheating anyway.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
In all fairness, we did put into effect a decent scouting network, picking off foreign talent at steal prices. We compounded this cheating by implementing a proper training and dietary regime enroute to wining doubles and even becoming 'invincible' at one point.

All this while players from every other club in the land, were busy downing every last pint in the pubs across England.

GP
10-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Carrots are a banned substance, tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 06:28 PM
In all fairness, we did put into effect a decent scouting network, picking off foreign talent at steal prices. We compounded this cheating by implementing a proper training and dietary regime enroute to wining doubles and even becoming 'invincible' at one point.

All this while players from every other club in the land, were busy downing every last pint in the pubs across England.

Yeah, we gave the prem quality, Newcastle gave it Andy Carroll :haha:

Wenger's Invincibles :bow:

Kano
10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
rodallega highlighted the bigger problem of diving tonight and one that exists far more than those in the box. ben arfa went lunging for the ball (stayed on his feet), pulled out at the last minute but ran into rodallega...didn't touch his shin at all yet rod went down clutching his shin. sure, he went down because of the contact and the ref would probably have given it anyway but clutching the shin could easily have led to a needless yellow. nothing said by the commentators.

until all of the other issues around the pitch are sorted then picking up on the pens is only a small part.

Syn
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
rodallega highlighted the bigger problem of diving tonight and one that exists far more than those in the box. ben arfa went lunging for the ball (stayed on his feet), pulled out at the last minute but ran into rodallega...didn't touch his shin at all yet rod went down clutching his shin. sure, he went down because of the contact and the ref would probably have given it anyway but clutching the shin could easily have led to a needless yellow. nothing said by the commentators.

until all of the other issues around the pitch are sorted then picking up on the pens is only a small part.

The reason "play-acting" gets a pass is because sometimes it's hard to tell whether or not a player is genuinely injured. Yesterday I thought in the Manchester derby, Evans was trying to get someone booked by rolling around. But it turned out he was injured and eventually had to go off. Trying to get someone booked/sent-off is a dick move. But technically it's all cheating - right down to putting your arm up to claim a throw-in when you know you had the last touch. Only video technology would solve the key moments like these penalty or redcard decisions. Absolutely no idea why it is not implemented.

Injury Time
10-12-2012, 10:16 PM
The reason "play-acting" gets a pass is because sometimes it's hard to tell whether or not a player is genuinely injured. Yesterday I thought in the Manchester derby, Evans was trying to get someone booked by rolling around. But it turned out he was injured and eventually had to go off. Trying to get someone booked/sent-off is a dick move. But technically it's all cheating - right down to putting your arm up to claim a throw-in when you know you had the last touch. Only video technology would solve the key moments like these penalty or redcard decisions. Absolutely no idea why it is not implemented.
It would kill the journalist development programme

Kano
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
exactly, all those calls for corners and throw-ins that aren't genuine affect the flow of the game and as we've seen, lead to goals too. football finds it hard to evolve and because it feels this loyalty to tradition - which is a good thing at times - it holds back crucial developments. the racism thing and the behind closed door attitudes of it all are another example of that. at some point technology will come in and eventually be used bigtime but when that is, god knows.

Syn
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
It would kill the journalist development programme

There would still be shedloads of controversy and talking points. It would even create some. If we had some challenger system like in Tennis and Cricket, the captain of the team isn't just some token figurehead but would actually have a responsibility to judge when or when not to 'challenge' a decision. Each team gets only 1 a match (so they wouldn't use it on trivial decisions and save it up incase they get fucked over).

Football really needs it.

Injury Time
10-12-2012, 10:26 PM
There would still be shedloads of controversy and talking points. It would even create some. If we had some challenger system like in Tennis and Cricket, the captain of the team isn't just some token figurehead but would actually have a responsibility to judge when or when not to 'challenge' a decision. Each team gets only 1 a match (so they wouldn't use it on trivial decisions and save it up incase they get fucked over).

Football really needs it.
Think you've been hanging around with Stuart Hall too much tbh, "The ref has stopped play...WOOOOO HAAAAHAHA ARSENAL HAVE PLAYED THEIR JOKER.....oh hold on no it's just Gerv coming off the bench HAAAAAAHA!"

Kano
10-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Think you've been hanging around with Stuart Hall too much tbh, "The ref has stopped play...WOOOOO HAAAAHAHA ARSENAL HAVE PLAYED THEIR JOKER.....oh hold on no it's just Gerv coming off the bench HAAAAAAHA!"
well if he ever makes it back, he won't be watching the under 16s anymore.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
exactly, all those calls for corners and throw-ins that aren't genuine affect the flow of the game and as we've seen, lead to goals too. football finds it hard to evolve and because it feels this loyalty to tradition - which is a good thing at times - it holds back crucial developments. the racism thing and the behind closed door attitudes of it all are another example of that. at some point technology will come in and eventually be used bigtime but when that is, god knows.

Technology coming in will take some tradition away from the game. We all love a good moan about why we did not get that decsion or laugh at rivals for not getting that decsion/s. Alot what we love from the game, will go.

Though i think goal line technology needs to come in.

Injury Time
10-12-2012, 10:45 PM

well if he ever makes it back, he won't be watching the under 16s anymore.
:rimshot: <rimshot:yikes:

Kano
10-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Technology coming in will take some tradition away from the game. We all love a good moan about why we did not get that decsion or laugh at rivals for not getting that decsion/s. Alot what we love from the game, will go.

Though i think goal line technology needs to come in.
it will do, which is why the resistance to it remains. although it does seem a bit silly compared to similar sports like tennis and cricket, both of which are as traditional games. it just seems inevitable that at some point it will have to take place, although that may not come until this generation move into the big roles across the associations and the old guard are long gone. those used to watching sport full of tech will probably make it one of their first moves to change in the game.

Marc Overmars
10-12-2012, 10:47 PM
You can't do anything about diving or gamesmanship, only a change of mentality from players will stop it and that's not going to happen. Every incident is subjective and they know the minute they ban anyone for it it's going to open a huge can of worms, why else was Eduardo's ban lifted on appeal? At best all refs can do is book players for it and we're seeing a increased number of yellows now for diving.

Goal line technology is on the way though and it's long overdue. There are no greys area here, if the ball crosses the line it's a goal and needs to be given.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Jack woult've got`destroyed in both fights.

Nah. . .Bale would

Japan Shaking All Over
11-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Phone crasled on me :( . . .you gu}s shoul