PDA

View Full Version : FUCK OFF NOW WENGER! YOU'RE A JOKE MAN.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:19 PM
resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!

You've hurt our Arsenal enough!

Dicks and chicks
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
fuck him

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
No more excuses. I will be watching SSN with great anticipation.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
To be fair we cannot compete with Bradford's resources.

cheesy bites
sweet jesus what a pile of absolute shite thanks wenger

Özim
Total disaster tonight, really, really embarrassing.

Injury Time
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
It is only ze CoC cup, it is not ze heights of the 4th place trophy, we could not compete with their freshness....AH JUST DO One!

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
To be fair we cannot compete with Bradford's resources.

They've runined the game.

-Xs-
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
So that's why Arteta takes all our pens....

Syn
This is by far the worst result under Wenger. It's unforgivable. We've thrown away 2 goal leads against Tottenham and even 4 goal leads elsewhere but not being able to take a 3rd division side with pretty much the strongest possible line-up is not acceptable.

He won't resign because resigning gets you no payout. Wenger is all about the money.

Injury Time
They've runined the game.

Runined ftw:bow:

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Ah fuck it, you know what I mean.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I just fill so drained now, but I can't walk away, I wouldn't because I love Arsenal, but this shit is killing me!

-Xs-
11-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Hah, Wenger will never walk. He's on easy street. Performances do not matter one bit when all you have to do is sell your best players every year to make a profit

Munchies
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Ffs

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!resign wenger! resign wenger!

You've hurt our Arsenal enough!

He ain't going no where. just waisting our timesw with threads like these. He should bloody walk though.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM
He ain't going no where. just waisting our timesw with threads like these. He should bloody walk though.

If he loved the club and had any shame left, that's exactly what he shoul do!

Munchies
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Grammar police :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Thats what he should do, but Making money and 4th place trophy is more important.

Joker
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
He doesn't care too much tbh, this loss doesn't affect our chances of UCL qualification which is the only thing that matters to him.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:05 PM
He doesn't care too much tbh, this loss doesn't affect our chances of UCL qualification which is the only thing that matters to him.

Shame really we used to be a club with ambition.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
i don't think you can question wenger's desire to win this game, what you can question is his tactics and his substitutions and his penalty takers decisions.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
i don't think you can question wenger's desire to win this game, what you can question is his tactics and his substitutions and his penalty takers decisions.

Agree.

selassie
give him time, his project isnt complete yet!!! ill tell ya something, Wenger & the board can no longer hide behind Man City, Chelsea & FFP, tonight was shameful, Wenger has ruined the team & he should walk away...I mean has he no shame?!!"!

Gervinho's Forehead
Where was there desire?

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
give him time, his project isnt complete yet!!! ill tell ya something, Wenger & the board can no longer hide behind Man City, Chelsea & FFP, tonight was shameful, Wenger has ruined the team & he should walk away...I mean has he no shame?!!"!

Exactly.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Where was there desire?

Desire was scoring the winning goal for United on Sunday.

fakeyank
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM

He gets paid 7 million quid to transfer his desire onto the players as well. Everything about him is wrong... there are better places where the board can waste their money on.. like high end prostitutes, drugs etc. Wasting it on a wasted washed out french c*nt manager is not one of them.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM

:( :sick: :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2012, 11:19 PM

We're the first to knock the age old rule - no one man is bigger than the club. RvC is. Then again, we're a very small club in so many ways. That decision in the summer sunk us to new depths and probably ended any chance of this club recovering while any of the current staff are here. It'll need a decade or more to recover from that decision.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
We're the first to knock the age old rule - no one man is bigger than the club. RvC is. Then again, we're a very small club in so many ways. That decision in the summer sunk us to new depths and probably ended any chance of this club recovering while any of the current staff are here. It'll need a decade or more to recover from that decision.

It was a massive blow, but I bet the peanuts £24mil was in the forefront of wenger and the boards minds ahead of anything else. We're sinking like the titanic with only a bucket to bail out with.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm dreading May, the vindication will be complete.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2012, 11:27 PM
so last week we read that the players are upset that wenger uses the "jaded" excuse, and they wanted more training not less, and to play more games by the sounds of it and for him to stop making excuses for them.

so he plays them today, and they give us a performance like that? they moan that he "protects" them and say they want to play, the only players who get anything like a bit of credit are rosicky, jack and santi, i felt they tried to make things happen.

im not sure who is to blame for this, the players say play us more etc, so wenger does and then they do that. is that a managers fault or their fault? i guess he didnt motivate them enough before the game, but if they want to play then they should be motviated already?

one thing also i would do, is ban gloves, and make them wear short sleeve shirts. if you are cold, then work harder and warm up

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Wenget did his bit a long time ago and tonight the players finally caught up.

The whole thing stinks from top to bottom.

KSE Comedy Club
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
so last week we read that the players are upset that wenger uses the "jaded" excuse, and they wanted more training not less, and to play more games by the sounds of it and for him to stop making excuses for them.

so he plays them today, and they give us a performance like that? they moan that he "protects" them and say they want to play, the only players who get anything like a bit of credit are rosicky, jack and santi, i felt they tried to make things happen.

im not sure who is to blame for this, the players say play us more etc, so wenger does and then they do that. is that a managers fault or their fault? i guess he didnt motivate them enough before the game, but if they want to play then they should be motviated already?

one thing also i would do, is ban gloves, and make them wear short sleeve shirts. if you are cold, then work harder and warm up
Ollie, this is wengers doing plain and simple.

Ramsey was on the pitch as a winger, gerv was on the pitch as a striker, pretty much sums it all up.

He has lost the dressing room and they aren't cooperating as a team anymore.

It's down to wenger.

you've got to give it up man.

kas
11-12-2012, 11:36 PM

Didn't Wenger say jokingly/sneeringly at the recent AGM 'If we finish 15th I will be gone'
Well that's all we can hopr for & for once he keeps his word. Though Gazidas will probably offer him more dosh to stay !

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
He gets paid 7 million quid to transfer his desire onto the players as well. Everything about him is wrong... there are better places where the board can waste their money on.. like high end prostitutes, drugs etc. Wasting it on a wasted washed out french c*nt manager is not one of them.

Well even if Wenger goes, they will not be wasting that money on the team.

Ollie the Optimist
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM

Ramsey was on the pitch as a winger, gerv was on the pitch as a striker, pretty much sums it all up.

It's down to wenger.

ive said in the match thread his time is up, but there is also a part of me that will always defend him because he is the only Arsenal manager i have ever known, ive grown up only knowing him as a manger and there is a part of me that cant let that go.

he has his faults, and although i think his time is up, i do feel blame is given to him that is not deserved, he makes mistakes, but players do too, not sure how much a manager can do when a player misses an open goal from 2 yards out. yes he has his faults, its time to go, but the board have a lot to answer for, so does that **** stan, the players, everyone does. but there will always be a part of me taht defends wenger because he is all i have ever known.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM

It's down to wenger.

tbf though if he played a shit team and we lost it would be his fault, lets be honest when you saw the starting line up, you must have thought Wenger wanted this cause i did.

His tactics on the pitch cost him big though.

Like Oliie said if these players demanded to play should they not then step up? Im sorry but even with Gev and Ramsey, we should be beating Fucking Bradford.

Gervinho's Forehead
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
tbf though if he played a shit team and we lost it would be his fault, lets be honest when you saw the starting line up, you must have thought Wenger wanted this cause i did.

Like Oliie said if these players demanded to play should they not then step up? Im sorry but even with Gev and Ramsey, we should be beating Fucking Bradford.

He's the manager and should take ultimate responsibility they're his players, his tatics, his methods etc and it's been a rinse and repeat (always repeat) every year for the last 7 no matter what players he has.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
He only has himself to blame for persisting with certain players and tactics that have consistently let him down.

You'd think by now the huge amount of pain and humiliation would have affected him but it hasn't.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:45 PM
He's the manager and should take ultimate responsibility they're his players, his tatics, his methods etc and it's been a rinse and repeat (always repeat) every year for the last 7 no matter what players he has.

Well yes, but if they demand to play, then they should at least show effort. Even the worse players in the world show effort. No point saying you want to play then do a santi and be shite all game or Poldi. Which is why i think the media twisted that shite about players demanding to play. Not one looked like they did.

I agree though Playing Gev as a striker, when you have one on the bench was dumb. Though tbf both where bad as each other.

Ramsey was not as bad a gev today tbh. But we all know he is not a starter and we never seem to win when he plays.

Wenger is finished though, tactially inept, showed today.

KSE Comedy Club
11-12-2012, 11:49 PM
ive said in the match thread his time is up, but there is also a part of me that will always defend him because he is the only Arsenal manager i have ever known, ive grown up only knowing him as a manger and there is a part of me that cant let that go.

he has his faults, and although i think his time is up, i do feel blame is given to him that is not deserved, he makes mistakes, but players do too, not sure how much a manager can do when a player misses an open goal from 2 yards out. yes he has his faults, its time to go, but the board have a lot to answer for, so does that **** stan, the players, everyone does. but there will always be a part of me taht defends wenger because he is all i have ever known.
I know that mate, just trying to say its time to let that part go.

I agree, it's not his fault that gerv can't score from a foot away from goal when given a golden opportunity, but the trouble is, we've seen this happen too many times, over and over again, and ultimately he is the guy who buys these players and persists with them.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Charlie, you don't know who 'demanded' (Wenger only said wanted) to play and who didn't, it could've been Arteta for all we know and he was on the bench.

Regardless, the manager has to extract performances from a team.

fakeyank
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Well even if Wenger goes, they will won't be wasting that money on the team.

:unsure:

Charlie :hug:

KSE Comedy Club
11-12-2012, 11:52 PM

If this was a few years ago, then yeh, I would be blaming the players.

Trouble is we've been here all too often, and its got to the point now, where he has lost the team.

They aren't playing together anymore, they just happen to be playing football at the same time as each other.

We have serious problems in the dressing room, Wenger can't fix it and we are witnessing the results.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-12-2012, 11:54 PM
:unsure:

Charlie :hug:
meant they will not

Charlie, you don't know who 'demanded' (Wenger only said wanted) to play and who didn't, it could've been Arteta for all we know and he was on the bench.

Regardless, the manager has to extract performances from a team.

Which is why i said i don't think that whole story was true. No of them looked like they demanded it.

If this was a few years ago, then yeh, I would be blaming the players.

Trouble is we've been here all too often, and its got to the point now, where he has lost the team.

They aren't playing together anymore, they just happen to be playing football at the same time as each other.
We have serious problems in the dressing room, Wenger can't fix it and we are witnessing the results.

Fairy snuff

Xhaka Can’t
11-12-2012, 11:55 PM
so last week we read that the players are upset that wenger uses the "jaded" excuse,

Yep, it is time to wheel out the 'little bit shit' excuse.

Tipsychubbs
12-12-2012, 12:08 AM
We've become a 'paying off the debt' club, but when it comes to competitive football we have been a joke for a long time. No tactics, motivation or defensive organisation, the basics that come from the manager and don't expressly need money or signings to instill, as those things will be of limited use if the basics are not there.

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 12:13 AM
We've become a 'paying off the debt' club, but when it comes to competitive football we have been a joke for a long time. No tactics, motivation or defensive organisation, the basics that come from the manager and don't expressly need money or signings to instill, as those things will be of limited use if the basics are not there.

We don't have any debts to pay off now! That line used by the club wore thin a long time ago. But yeah when it comes to actually playing a game of football we're bloody terrible.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 12:20 AM

Very true, you look at bradford they were doing the bascis and hard work and it paid off. We just Arrogantly turned up and expected to win. Too many players with Arrogance and a manager who does not whip them into shape.

Its disgracefull really.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 12:22 AM

:gp:

Thats a good point, shame those younger then you will see what he has become, not what he was. Way i se it, its better he goes now because him staying will only embaressing himself.

Stil say he is a good manager not excellent as he used to be, but for Arsenal not the right man. He has to go where he can be motivated again.

KSE Comedy Club
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Thats a good point, shame those younger then you will see what he has become, not what he was. Way i se it, its better he goes now because him staying will only embaressing himself.

Stil say he is a good manager not excellent as he used to be, but for Arsenal not the right man. He has to go where he can be motivated again.
He'd do well sorting out HSBC or helping George Osborne tbh.

BlindFaith_8
12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I have no axes to grind with RVP. He was the reason we finished 4th and if we as fans are so angry and fustrated, how can you blame RVP for leaving the club to go to Man Ure, as much as it pains me, they are a proper football club with one agenda, WIN WIN WIN. Their phillopshy is if you finish 2nd nobody cares, thats why I have the utmost respect for the Glaser family and Fergie, they are making a ton of money but also spending it to stay ahead and win championships and cup finals. If only that **** Kroenke and Arsene Wanker followed the same model.

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I have no axes to grind with RVP. He was the reason we finished 4th and if we as fans are so angry and fustrated, how can you blame RVP for leaving the club to go to Man Ure, as much as it pains me, they are a proper football club with one agenda, WIN WIN WIN. Their phillopshy is if you finish 2nd nobody cares, thats why I have the utmost respect for the Glaser family and Fergie, they are making a ton of money but also spending it to stay ahead and win championships and cup finals. If only that **** Kroenke and Arsene Wanker followed the same model.

kronke has killed the Colorado Avalanche by penny pinching and the same will happen at Arsenal.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
does anyone know what made hill-wood have the heart attack? i wanna persuade wenger to follow suit.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2012, 01:33 AM
ARSENE WENGER was clinging on to his job by his fingernails last night after the most humiliating defeat of a 16-year reign.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/capitalonecup/4693685/Arsene-Wenger-clinging-on-to-his-job-by-his-fingernails-after-Arsenals-humiliating-defeat-to-Bradford.html#ixzz2EnTfUFJY

Look at this **** journo already. He has no fucking clue what the status of Wenger's job is yet he knows there are fingernails involved. That's the only mention of this shock revelation in the rest of the slimy cock wart's excrement smeared across tomorrow's back pages.

Özil's Panoramic View
12-12-2012, 01:54 AM
How does one so shamelessly destroy what would have been an enviable legacy?

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Unfortunately there's been no yellow bar on SSN yet, apart from the one that says bradford city knock Arsenal out of the Capital One Cup.

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 01:58 AM
How does one so shamelessly destroy what would have been an enviable legacy?

wenger knows. :bow:

fakeyank
12-12-2012, 02:28 AM
kronke has killed the Colorado Avalanche by penny pinching and the same will happen at Arsenal.

This is absolutely not true. He has invested in every team he owns when there is a need for it. He is a big believer of continuity within the squad so his main flaw is that he persists with the coach/manager for the longest time possible. In our case, unfortunately we have a donkey as the manager of AFC.

Tipsychubbs
12-12-2012, 03:24 AM
We don't have any debts to pay off now! That line used by the club wore thin a long time ago. But yeah when it comes to actually playing a game of football we're bloody terrible.

I'm not one for swallowing the corporate line, but even with the new commercial deals, when did the stadium loans/debt get finally paid off? Its news to me - thought we were at least 1-2 years away from doing so?

In February Wenger said this:

“I am surprised that you are surprised," he said at Friday's press conference. "Do you think the target of the Club is to lose money? That cannot last a long time. The target is to make a profit. It looks normal for any company in the world, so I don't know why it is surprising.

“We want to pay the debt we owe from the stadium we built, that's around £15 million [per year]. So it's normal that at the start, we have to make at least £15 million or we lose money.”

Wenger insists he does not feel that his hands are tied in the transfer market due to the financial requirements of the Club.

“I accept one basic principle for every company; that you can spend the money you make,” he said.

“It always looks like a massive surprise that I have to convince you of that. I think it is just natural common sense and logic.

“It is mathematical logic that what goes out has to equal what comes in. If that does not work then the company loses money.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-are-paying-back-our-stadium-debt

If its true, I'd be willing to expect some years without being title contenders, getting 4th for the CL money, as long as on the pitch the tactics, motivation and defensive organisation were there, and we really went for the cups. If Liverpool can pick up a CC then why can't we? But we can't even win the cups now so its all a bit depressing really. I'm thinking another manager might win us the cups, but would another manager get us 4th on the budget we are on? Being as sick of this "4th place trophy" as its become, if it helps us pay off the debt quicker then its obviously a necessity.

Without the debt there can be no more excuses, as the stadium would now generate the funds it was intended for, propelling us into the big league of earners. But on the pitch there's clearly something very wrong with the basics and it has been like that for YEARS, something which, as mentioned, stems from the manager. Its a complex and immensely irritating situation.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Woke up this morning and saw the result and though 'poo' - looked at the teamsheets and thought W T F!
Did not see the match but by reading the posts there obviously is no need to.

I take Ollies points and can relate a lot. . .my initial reaction to the score was our B team got done and Wenger has no excuses. . .as now, more than ever is a time to take an scrap seeiously but the team he put out showed that he wanted this and for this I think the players need to shoulder a lot of the feckin blame because they are a feckin joke.

On the other side of the fence is Wenger and even though I blame the multi millionaire players that ran out on the pitch, he is very much part of that team and should be standing up with them, bowing his own head in shame. It sounds as if he got it massively wrong again last night, Ramsey os not a winger and Gerv is not the tip of diamond formation, in fact a diamond formation is not what we should be playing. Feck,we know that, why doesnt he?

He makes the decisions, sold our best players, telling us the ones he brought in could deliver. . .deliver what? feckin milk? might have been so when that Mickey Mouse tin pot was named after the feckin stuff!

I dont think we have bad players, but they have some serious issues with consistency. . .I truely believe Wenger has lost the changing room and when this happens, the wruiting is on the wall, has been for a while to be fair and it is a real fecking shame, I am actually sad writing this but for the sake of the club. . .but the players also have to share the responsibility. !

Gervinho's Forehead
12-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Is he still here? :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2012, 10:25 AM

We finished 3rd.

I post this, not to pull you up or undermine your point.

I only reference this because the scrum running our Club have made 4th place ingrained in the whole psychology of the Club, right down to the fans.

And this is why we are the pathetic embarrassing shambles we are.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
This is absolutely not true. He has invested in every team he owns when there is a need for it. He is a big believer of continuity within the squad so his main flaw is that he persists with the coach/manager for the longest time possible. In our case, unfortunately we have a donkey as the manager of AFC.

You are wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I've posted many times about his stewardship of the Avalanche. They were a premiere club in the NHL, with massive attendances, won a Stanley Cup the second year he owned them, before all their stars left because he has them at the salary cap floor.

They are in the same division as the Calgary Flames, and we used to fear them, now they are a banker result and they stink up the league while somehow still retaining the loyalty of fans.

Sound familiar?

Grebbo
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Time to go now.

When your last expenditure was £50 MILLION on Giroud, Podolski, Santos and Mertesacker you know the game is up.

Wenger's gift was spotting talent.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Look at this **** journo already. He has no fucking clue what the status of Wenger's job is yet he knows there are fingernails involved. That's the only mention of this shock revelation in the rest of the slimy cock wart's excrement smeared across tomorrow's back pages.

he does know our board right?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Woke up this morning and saw the result and though 'poo' - looked at the teamsheets and thought W T F!
Did not see the match but by reading the posts there obviously is no need to.

I take Ollies points and can relate a lot. . .my initial reaction to the score was our B team got done and Wenger has no excuses. . .as now, more than ever is a time to take an scrap seeiously but the team he put out showed that he wanted this and for this I think the players need to shoulder a lot of the feckin blame because they are a feckin joke.

On the other side of the fence is Wenger and even though I blame the multi millionaire players that ran out on the pitch, he is very much part of that team and should be standing up with them, bowing his own head in shame. It sounds as if he got it massively wrong again last night, Ramsey os not a winger and Gerv is not the tip of diamond formation, in fact a diamond formation is not what we should be playing. Feck,we know that, why doesnt he?

He makes the decisions, sold our best players, telling us the ones he brought in could deliver. . .deliver what? feckin milk? might have been so when that Mickey Mouse tin pot was named after the feckin stuff!

I dont think we have bad players, but they have some serious issues with consistency. . .I truely believe Wenger has lost the changing room and when this happens, the wruiting is on the wall, has been for a while to be fair and it is a real fecking shame, I am actually sad writing this but for the sake of the club. . .but the players also have to share the responsibility. !

More like he's lost the plot, its hard to see a man like what he was become like he has. Its like Clough all over again. The longer Wenger stays the more he makes a fool of himself and no one wants to see that.

Top post though agree 100%

Japan Shaking All Over
12-12-2012, 01:27 PM
More like he's lost the plot, its hard to see a man like what he was become like he has. Its like Clough all over again. The longer Wenger stays the more he makes a fool of himself and no one wants to see that.

Top post though agree 100%

Shit just read my own post, spelling is awful. . .fat finger syndrome kicked in at the wrong time :sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-12-2012, 01:31 PM
You are wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I've posted many times about his stewardship of the Avalanche. They were a premiere club in the NHL, with massive attendances, won a Stanley Cup the second year he owned them, before all their stars left because he has them at the salary cap floor.

They are in the same division as the Calgary Flames, and we used to fear them, now they are a banker result and they stink up the league while somehow still retaining the loyalty of fans.

Sound familiar?

I follow US sports but not the financial side. . .and that GB is really scary! Thanks :good:

WTF were we doing when we let that twat through the door?

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I follow US sports but not the financial side. . .and that GB is really scary! Thanks :good:

stopping the other twat walking through the door :good:

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Yep, there's a queue of twats lining up to rape the club. I really worry about the fans who want Usmanov in. Where's the limit? If Jimmy Saville was still breathing and wanted to put his cash into Arsenal, would that be okay? Saville was a sick bastard but his list of victims is tiny compared to Usmanov. And if we don't care about shit like that and it's only about the money then nobody should be complaining about Stan because that guy is 100% about the money to the exclusion of all else.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Spot on mate.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Sound familiar?

Does Stan actually Own his other clubs? Or is he just majority owner.

KSE Comedy Club
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Yep, there's a queue of twats lining up to rape the club. I really worry about the fans who want Usmanov in. Where's the limit? If Jimmy Saville was still breathing and wanted to put his cash into Arsenal, would that be okay? Saville was a sick bastard but his list of victims is tiny compared to Usmanov. And if we don't care about shit like that and it's only about the money then nobody should be complaining about Stan because that guy is 100% about the money to the exclusion of all else.
Usmanov is innocent, the court said so :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM

I totally agree, Usmanov is nothing but a Putin apparatchik but more than just accusations of being a shady character, is his involvement in heinous crimes and vast human rights abuses. Of course the current face of club management is a joke....Ivan Gazidis should sling his hook at the earliest opportunity. Problem is Kroenke runs Arsenal like he has run every other sporting franchise at negligible cost to himself, and self-sustainability comes at the cost of the ambition for sporting achievement.....surely any business works on risk ventures......i.e investing money in the squad to gain trophies and with it reputation to market the club as successfully as the likes of man united, barcelona and real madrid abroad......you won't get asian fans wearing replica tshirts for a club with an empty trophy cabinet and you won't get big business sponsorships either.

Kano
12-12-2012, 08:30 PM

we can thank dein for that after all. loves the club he does. cheers dave. mate.

Kano
12-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Arsene Wenger has admitted his frustration at seeing Arsenal lose a succession of top players over the past two seasons.

The Gunners boss, speaking before Tuesday night's Capital One Cup defeat by League Two Bradford, was left to reflect on what might have been.

Wenger told Four Four Two magazine: "My regret is that we already had a great team two or three years ago which could compete on four fronts.

"We just missed out in the Champions League [last 16 tie] against Barcelona, when we could have scored in the last minute, and then we just missed out on the Premier League too.

"But you could feel the potential was there, and I thought, 'OK, let's do this together'. Then the team split up.

"Sometimes after five or six years' work, it is frustrating, you have to start all over again.

"We have lost recent players earlier in their careers - to lose Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri and Song in just two years, it is a massive amount of potential, of course you worry."

The Arsenal manager has come in for heavy criticism following a seven-year trophy drought and he conceded that his reign has been far from perfect.

Wenger added: "I am not saying I never made mistakes. I was fortunate to work for this club for 16 years and I hope I respected the traditions of this club.

"I feel fortunate, but I think somewhere as well I tried at least to pay the club back with the trust they had in me."

probably nothing but weird he is talking in past tense.

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Arsenal fans are angry, and they're right to be angry. It's hard to be philosophical when you've just had your pants pulled down in front of everyone, dispatched from a very winnable competition by a fourth division side.

No matter how much Arsene Wenger tried to spin it, this wasn't the traditional tale of plucky upstarts snatching one on the break and camping out in their own six yard box. Bradford outfought their opponents, threatened at set-pieces, could easily have scored twice and didn't wilt until extra-time. Arsenal didn't even put a shot on target until the 69th minute. It was an inexcusably disgusting performance from all but a handful of their players and anger is the only rational response. But perspective is required too.

Arsenal are in the last 16 of the Champions League and they are only two points away from occupying a spot for next year's tournament. Not only have they qualified for the last 15 tournaments, but this is the 13th consecutive time that they've made it to the latter stages. That's where the money is, that's where the glamour is and that's why, as sick-up-in-your-mouth-and-curse-UEFA-straight-to-Hades annoying as it is, Wenger is right. Champions League qualification is just as important as accumulating secondary silverware. And I hate football for being that way.

"Gargh!" I hear you wail. "But a club like Arsenal deserves better than that!" Well, do they? In the first four seasons of the Premier League, the ones before Wenger, the Gunners hardly set the division alight.

In 1993, they finished 10th, 28 points behind champions Manchester United. They were 4th in 1994, but still 21 points off the pace. Back they dropped to 12th in 1995, a whopping 38 points behind Blackburn Rovers. In 1996, after heavy spending, they finished only 5th, 19 points behind Sir Alex Ferguson's double-winners. The truth is that George Graham's 1989 and 1991 titles were rare outbreaks of joy in two and a half decades of post-1971 under-achievement.

Arsenal have a fine history, they are one of England's most famous clubs, but they have no divine right to success. If some fans feel that they do, it's only because the bar was raised by Wenger.

The problem, of course, is that while the present is better than the past, there are growing concerns that it may also be better than the future. Arsenal are not a particularly good football team and they seem to be getting worse. They have good individuals, certainly, but for whatever reason, they are not clicking as a unit.

To put it another way, since the October international break, they have gone off the edge of a cliff like a runaway clown car. BOOM! Clowns everywhere. As someone who has witnessed most of those games from close range, I can tell you with the complete objectivity of a horrified neutral, that there is no obvious sign of improvement. Mentally, the players are as resilient as a glass crash helmet. They can¹t retain possession, they can't create enough chances and they're so poor in the air that they couldn't defend a corner if they were playing Gandalf's 'Misty Mountain Tour XI'.

But Wenger can only be blamed to a certain extent. These are not kids. These are highly paid senior international footballers and they are disgracing their football team with their pitiful performances.

Wenger, without even going into things like the stadium, the academy, the coaching staff, the scouting network, has done enough to earn time that other managers would be denied. He is not bigger than Arsenal, but Arsenal are bigger because of him. Besides, what would be served by sacking him now?

Pep Guardiola, on the off chance that he doesn't want to hook up with his mates at Manchester City, obviously isn't planning on leaving New York yet and at this point in the season, other options are limited. If Arsenal fail to secure a Champions League place, that will be the time to discuss a dignified exit strategy.

For now, it would be wiser to trust his judgement one more time, and hope that he can somehow engineer a recovery. This is a crisis. Of confidence, if nothing else. But it's not worth sacking him over. Not yet.

this is an article from a journalist called iain macintosh. quite like his stuff myself, and i find this an interesting piece. he makes very good points, and i find myself leaning towards his argument of not sacking wenger yet but then i think back to last night, norwich etc and i cant take much more of that, and serious mistakes were made, and perhaps to serious a mistake.

there is one line that sticks out in the article though that sums up both us and wenger

Wenger isnt bigger then Arsenal but Arsenal are bigger because of Wenger

Kano
12-12-2012, 10:30 PM
quite simply i don't think there are managers actually available (as in not working) to take his place right now and give the season some respectability.

there will be some currently in work that would come here if we pulled the trigger on wenger now but then it becomes a question of how long do we want to keep them, when far better options may be available in the summer? managers will hop in and out of chelsea for now because of the pay off, very good players and chances to play near the elite but a short term role with us isn't so attractive.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
probably nothing but weird he is talking in past tense.

Yeah he is gone in the summer, you can just tell his behaviour this seasons shows that. He has had his moments, but this year its been really weird if you know what i mean.

GP
12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
He needs to go now.

And he better not take any stationary with him.

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
when he does go or is replaced, i hope above all the truth comes out. i feel we all deserve that given how for the last 6 years at least the vast majority of fans still supported him, i think he owes us the truth.

i want to know wether i have spent the last 7 years staunchly defending my hero or whether he has lied to me, or whether the board have. i feel it is owed to us fans when he does go, and i dont think its going to be pretty

GP
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I've got a feeling he won't say shit.

If he writes a book it'll just be full of nonsense, of course as well.

-Xs-
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Personally I feel it misses the point. I'll quote the following:

Arsenal have a fine history, they are one of England's most famous clubs, but they have no divine right to success. If some fans feel that they do, it's only because the bar was raised by Wenger.

Fans, as far as I can tell, do not think we have a divine right to success. It's lazy journalism (and easy) to attribute the discontent as simply because we are not winning, but I don't think that's the issue. The vitriol directed towards the club (and Wenger) at the moment is because they are seemingly more concerned with the aim of making profit off the pitch rather than our ability on it. Our aim is 4th because of the financial rewards it reaps, rather than first (surely clubs all strive to be the best? We don't)

We sell our best players every season. We continue playing awful players game after game with no change to their performance (and, at cost to our great financial prudence that our clubs keeps harping on about)

Yes, Wenger has done great things for the club, he took us onto the next level; but football has caught up with him and, some could argue, his stubbornness has left him unable to adapt to the winds of change.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
when he does go or is replaced, i hope above all the truth comes out. i feel we all deserve that given how for the last 6 years at least the vast majority of fans still supported him, i think he owes us the truth.

i want to know wether i have spent the last 7 years staunchly defending my hero or whether he has lied to me, or whether the board have. i feel it is owed to us fans when he does go, and i dont think its going to be pretty

The board have not been there 7 years though. And i don't think the likes of Fiszman were trying to make us into a business like stan and co have.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I've got a feeling he won't say shit.

If he writes a book it'll just be full of nonsense, of course as well.

Boy you know things are bad, when GP gets mad.

Syn
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
@GP: He will. 16 years at a high profile club..I'm sure he has a lot of dirt to dish around to anyone willing to pay him good money. And he has made it clear that he likes good money and he doesn't care who he fucks over to get it.

gooners
12-12-2012, 10:58 PM
folks wenger is the puppet master himself -- nobody is playing him; no one!

this is a guy who boldly told a minor shareholder at an agm to shut the fuck up because his share price has done nothing but gone up --- so basically the guy should support the club and quit moaning about its direction.

un-fucking-believable!

and we havee people still thinking he's been hard done by?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM

this is a guy who boldly told a minor shareholder at an agm to shut the fuck up because his share price has done nothing but gone up --- so basically the guy should support the club and quit moaning about its direction.

un-fucking-believable!

Who was this? don't watch AGMs.

Grebbo
12-12-2012, 11:05 PM

What's this 'truth' that you're after??

There's no pot of money that Wenger's refusing to spend if that's what you're thinking. Look at our accounts - you can't fake them.

Arsenal FC more or less breaks even, at best it makes £5m-£10m profit a year. If we want to spend more than that on players then we have to sell players.

The main problem is we have a gigantic wage bill.

Grebbo
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM

un-fucking-believable!

Why is this un-fucking believable?

Shareholders should shut the fuck up.

Wenger has made them significantly richer.

I wish I'd have bought shares pre-Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
What's this 'truth' that you're after??

There's no pot of money that Wenger's refusing to spend if that's what you're thinking. Look at our accounts - you can't fake them.

Arsenal FC more or less breaks even, at best it makes £5m-£10m profit a year. If we want to spend more than that on players then we have to sell players.

The main problem is we have a gigantic wage bill.

So why have we been told their is £35 mill every season to spend, by the baord and chairman.

GP
Who was this? don't watch AGMs.

So wait, he told a shareholder at a shareholders meeting that his share price had gone up?

What a cunt

I bet he's still crying after a gabillion years

uhuh

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
So wait, he told a shareholder at a shareholders meeting that his share price had gone up?

What a cunt

I bet he's still crying after a gabillion years

uhuh

Oh not that i care if he did, i just wanted to know who he was talking about, was it someone like the russian or someone small time.

I agree they'd not be too bothered.

Grebbo
12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
So why have we been told their is £35 mill every season to spend, by the baord and chairman.

I have no idea. The accounts don't tell us that. He could spend future profits I suppose, just like Leeds did.

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Wenger overhauled his coaching staff during the summer but, even amid faltering results, has remained unwilling to delegate significant parts of training.
There have been long-standing doubts about whether Wenger pays enough attention to defensive training and it is understood that Bacary Sagna’s current uncertainty about his future is partly linked to a feeling that he is not being sufficiently improved.
Bould, who was part of George Graham’s famously miserly back four as a player, had been allowed to work separately with the defence during pre-season but these sessions have since been stopped. It is also understood that, when Wenger was unable to take training on the day before the recent 2-0 defeat to Swansea, the session was not led by Bould.
Questions are also now being raised over the working dynamic between Wenger and Bould, who was promoted to the job of assistant manager following the retirement of Pat Rice. With Neil Banfield also becoming first-team coach, it was the most significant shake-up that Wenger had made to his coaching team in 16 years as manager.
Wenger, though, has accepted only a limited input from Bould and, when the team made a strong start to the season defensively, it was noticeable that he played down his new assistant’s impact.
Related Articles
'Torquay were harder to beat than Arsenal' 12 Dec 2012
Bradford humiliate Arsenal 12 Dec 2012
'It's Karma', tweets Reid at Cazorla 12 Dec 2012
Llorente open to Premier League move in January 12 Dec 2012
Time for Capital One Cup to shake off its inferiority complex 12 Dec 2012
Stewart Robson, the former Arsenal midfielder, described Wenger as a “dictator” in his approach to training in an interview on TalkSport on Wednesday. “Steve Bould is a very good coach but he’s not allowed to coach them – he doesn’t do any coaching,” he said.
“Arsène Wenger is not doing enough on the training field. He’s not coaching the players, they have got no game strategy and, because he won’t let anyone else do it, Arsenal are going backwards and some of their players are going backwards.
“Sir Alex Ferguson is not a coach. He realises that, to get the best out of his players, he has to get the best coaches. He’s made sure his number two is not just a yes man, which Arsène Wenger likes to appoint.
"Arsène Wenger, because he has got a massive ego, because he’s a dictator when it comes to Arsenal football club, he’s not allowing Steve Bould to do any work.”
Wenger’s coaching methods, however, have always been known to focus on possession-based drills and his track record of delivering both results and flowing football is among the best in modern Europe.
Arsenal are adamant that there is no rift within the coaching staff and, inside the club, there is a sense that a period of adjustment was inevitable following Rice’s departure.
Wenger publicly defended his players after Tuesday’s penalty shoot-out defeat against Bradford but there were recriminations in the dressing-room both at half-time and after the match.
Arsenal had fielded a full-strength team but did not manage a shot on target until the 69th minute against opposition some 64 places below them in the league pyramid. Ivan Gazidis, the chief executive, apologised for the performance at a Christmas drink with supporters on Wednesday evening.
“I think I am frankly tired of getting up here and delivering the same message,” he said. “Last night was not good enough and it made us all upset and angry. I would like to apologise to all of you, especially the fans who travelled up there. You deserved better.
“We all work hard here and are desperate to deliver the success and trophies we all want. We will get this right.”
Wenger retains the complete support of majority owner Stan Kroenke and the club’s full transfer fund, which will amount to around £70 million next year, will be available to him.
While also extremely disappointed with the result, Kroenke recognises that the Capital One Cup is the club’s fourth priority. He believes that Wenger’s record of finishing in the top four every year for the past 16 seasons is still strong evidence that he remains one of the best managers in the world.
Alisher Usmanov, the club’s second largest shareholder, also still regards Wenger as the right man for the job but does believe that he is forced to take on too much responsibility.
Usmanov is still calling for change in the club’s boardroom and a rights issue of shares that would eradicate the club’s debt on building the Emirates Stadium.
The Arsenal Supporters’ Trust, meanwhile, has warned that the club must “change direction quickly if Arsène Wenger’s wonderful era is not to end on a sad note”.
A spokesman added: “One man cannot direct all transfer targets, wages, coaching methods and manage the team at games. It’s too much for one man.”

this is the telegraphs front page news article in its sport section tomorrow. the bit i have put in bold says it all. rotten from top to bottom

Grebbo
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM

Do you think if we had this pot of money we'd have asked Emirates to front load the sponsorship payments in the new deal to us?

GP
12-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Their source is Stuart Robson.

Therefore, article is shizite.

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Do you think if we had this pot of money we'd have asked Emirates to front load the sponsorship payments in the new deal to us?

that says two things, either we dont have any money now, we need some so are taking our deal early to help us out in january and next summer

or

the club are hoping wenger will work miracles until 2014, leave, a new manager comes in, and the board go here is a fuck ton of money, sign who you want, win trophies.

i think option one is more likely though

Ollie the Optimist
12-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Their source is Stuart Robson.

Therefore, article is shizite.

agree totally, however the bolded bits wont come from robson.

robson is bitter, always has been, will speak shit about wenger and arsenal to anyone who will pay him to talk

gooners
12-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Arsene Wenger has admitted that if Arsenal do not end their trophy drought in the next "one or two years" his strategy for the club will have failed.

The Gunners have not won anything since 2005, but team boss Wenger called on supporters to rally behind his team.

"If we do not deliver in one or two years I will be responsible," said the Frenchman, whose contract runs to 2011.

"It is the most important moment in the life of this club and we have to be strong now and support this team."

Wenger was speaking at a question and answer session with Arsenal shareholders at the Emirates Stadium.

Questions for such events usually have to be pre-submitted, but on this occasion the floor was open and the Arsenal manager was involved in a couple of heated exchanges with disgruntled supporters.

Having overseen a fourth consecutive season without silverware, he faced some fierce scrutiny over his transfer policy, team selection and tactics.

The 59-year-old made an impassioned defence of his players, hit out those who have taken to haranguing them at home games and was particularly stung by claims they lack the stomach for a battle.

"It is the easiest thing to sit in the stands and say they are not good enough, that they do not fight," said Wenger. "It is always that negative way of thinking, that the players do not care.

"We are playing in the best league in the world and you do not go 21 games unbeaten if you do not stand up and fight.

"What these players have done this year in a negative environment shows they can stand up for their own responsibilities.

"At the moment what this team needs is the support of the fans. I must say there is a massive difference between the away fans, who are absolutely fantastic, and the home fans."

One shareholder was applauded for expressing a desire to see striker Emmanuel Adebayor - scorer of 30 goals last season and 16 this term - sold in the summer.

"Adebayor is a great player and has done fantastically well for the club," Wenger responded. "He was the most sought-after player last year - all the big clubs wanted him and it will be the same again.

"When we bought him nobody knew him and he became a great player. Players are quickly singled out and you realise how good a player is when they have gone.

"At this level, when players don't do well it's because they've lost their confidence. The only way to help a guy who has lost confidence is to help him again and again. But by slaughtering him you don't help him."

Wenger reacted angrily to a suggestion that 31-year-old defender Mikael Silvestre was a "geriatric".

"I cannot accept that you speak about the players of your club like that," he said. "You are attacking the players and that is much worse [than attacking me]."

"If tomorrow we say we have to sell the players do you want to know how many clubs would want to sign them?" said Wenger, referring specifically to Alexandre Song, Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott.

"They have a huge value and if they go somewhere else, in two or three years you will say to me 'why did you let them go?'.

"They are great players and they will show you that they are great players.

"We are going in the right track and everyone at the club is convinced we are doing the right thing.

"If we do not get there next year or the year after then you can say this was not the right way."

Arsenal reached the FA Cup and Champions League semi-finals and, provided they come through a qualifying round, will contest Europe's premier club competition for a 12 successive season next term after guaranteeing fourth place in the Premier League.

The revenues from their 60,000-seater stadium have placed them among the world's richest clubs and Wenger is optimistic.

"This season has not been disastrous at all," he added. "One day you will look back and say it was not as bad as people thought.

"But the most important thing is that, structure-wise, the club is in a fantastic situation.

"We have built a massive new stadium and maintained this club at the top, top level in Europe and I'm very proud of that. The future of this club is great."

gooners
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
that was back in 2009 btw

silvestre= geriatric :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM

Maybe not, but with this club i just don't no anymore what the truth is. Why not just say we have no money would it not be easier.

-Xs-
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
"If tomorrow we say we have to sell the players do you want to know how many clubs would want to sign them?" said Wenger, referring specifically to Alexandre Song, Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott.

"They have a huge value and if they go somewhere else, in two or three years you will say to me 'why did you let them go?'

Yep, although, we don't always sell at 'huge value' prices do we. And the only one out of that list we keep is constantly injured, begging the question "why do you keep him?"

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
"I cannot accept that you speak about the players of your club like that," he said. "You are attacking the players and that is much worse [than attacking me]."

Well he does care for his players i'll give him that.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
this is the telegraphs front page news article in its sport section tomorrow. the bit i have put in bold says it all. rotten from top to bottom

Do we need an article to tell us this though and a one by bitter Robson.

gooners
12-12-2012, 11:31 PM
"If we do not deliver in one or two years I will be responsible," said the Frenchman, whose contract runs to 2011.

"We are going in the right track and everyone at the club is convinced we are doing the right thing.

"If we do not get there next year or the year after then you can say this was not the right way."

."

hey wenger; you have failed! and you are responsible!

but guess what, you are not even fucking embarrassed you lost to bradford -- because you 'tried' and 'gave everything'!

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Maybe not, but with this club i just don't no anymore what the truth is. Why not just say we have no money would it not be easier.

You can't handle the truth.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Can't handle yur face either :coffee:

gooners
12-12-2012, 11:39 PM

sideshow bob's version in the simpson's copyright sensitive renactment of the scene : "You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. I deride your truth-handling abilities!"

Olivier's xmas twist
12-12-2012, 11:46 PM
sideshow bob's version in the simpson's copyright sensitive renactment of the scene : "You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you. I deride your truth-handling abilities!"

:wacko:

gooners
13-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Wenger has "considerable" funds, Supporters Trust is told
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been given "considerable resources" to spend in the January transfer window, Arsenal Supporters' Trust have been told.

The AST met the club's chief executive Ivan Gazidis on Wednesday evening to discuss Arsenal's poor season.

"There is plenty of money there," said Trust spokesman Tim Payton. "That was the message that Ivan and his finance director were giving this evening."

The Gunners exited the Capital One Cup with defeat at Bradford on Tuesday.

Arsenal supporters wanted answers as to why Wenger had been reluctant to spend money on new players and 100 fans met with Gazidis to voice their concerns.

"He stayed for over two hours," said Payton. "He apologised for the result [at Bradford] and said it was not good enough and had to be better.

"The Arsenal fans were dissatisfied with the strength of the squad and particularly don't understand whether there were resources to be used.

"I specifically raised this with the finance director and his colleague and they were in no doubt there is considerable resources available to the manager ready to spend when he has identified the players he wants to sign.

"It's crystal clear that Arsenal fans need to wait until January for Arsene Wenger to use the cheque book he has been given well."

Arsenal currently find themselves seventh in the Premier League but the Trust believe Wenger should be given the chance to take the club forward if he spends wisely in January.

"Lots of people have asked me whether Arsene Wenger should go," added Payton.

"He certainly needs to change and improve, spend the money he's got, strengthen the set-up around him and the results will be the judge."

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 12:24 AM
"It's crystal clear that Arsenal fans need to wait until January for Arsene Wenger to use the cheque book he has been given well."

Well Obviously.

-Xs-
13-12-2012, 12:41 AM
This is what they say all the time that there is fan unrest, the whole "we have money to spend" line

This by itself is useless if the funds are not spent or quality. And I'm not talking "super, super" quality like Gervinho, I mean actual quality.

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 12:44 AM
This is what they say all the time that there is fan unrest, the whole "we have money to spend" line

This by itself is useless if the funds are not spent or quality. And I'm not talking "super, super" quality like Gervinho, I mean actual quality.

That and "We thank you for your interest in our affairs"

-Xs-
13-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Yeah, haha

To be fair, I actually think there are more issues at the club than simply throwing money at it can fix.

fakeyank
13-12-2012, 07:46 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4695298/Arsenal-stars-fear-Arsene-Wenger-rift-with-Steve-Bould.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4695140/Dictator-Arsene-Wenger-SLAMMED-by-ex-Arsenal-star.html

Nothing we didnt know.. the donkey (Wenger) has to leave asap! He is like a cancer to the club now.

Grebbo
13-12-2012, 09:27 AM
People wanting Arsene to spend money ask yourself this:

Do you really want him to spend money when he has just spunked £50MILIION on this lot??

Podolski, Gervinho, Santos, Giroud, Merts

Three of them are decent enough players but wouldn't get into the top three's teams. The other two are absolute shite. This has been Wenger's transfer patern for the past few years.

Money is not the problem, the quality of player being bought is the problem.

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 09:33 AM
People wanting Arsene to spend money ask yourself this:

Do you really want him to spend money when he has just spunked £50MILIION on this lot??

Podolski, Gervinho, Santos, Giroud, Merts

Three of them are decent enough players but wouldn't get into the top three's teams. The other two are absolute shite. This has been Wenger's transfer patern for the past few years.

Money is not the problem, the quality of player being bought is the problem.

No I don't want him to spend any money I just want him gone really!

To me it doesn't matter who he buys he can't do the job anymore.

Kano
13-12-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4695298/Arsenal-stars-fear-Arsene-Wenger-rift-with-Steve-Bould.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4695140/Dictator-Arsene-Wenger-SLAMMED-by-ex-Arsenal-star.html

Nothing we didnt know.. the donkey (Wenger) has to leave asap! He is like a cancer to the club now.
i fucking hate stewart robson. bitter little ****.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2012, 10:23 AM
http://www.skysports.com/skysportsnews/story/0,,19494_8328434,00.html

Video of this Robson bloke.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Makes quite a few valid points regardless.

LDG
13-12-2012, 11:34 AM
i fucking hate stewart robson. bitter little ****.

He was a useless footballer too. Bloody awful.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 11:39 AM
"Lots of people have asked me whether Arsene Wenger should go," added Payton.

"He certainly needs to change and improve, spend the money he's got, strengthen the set-up around him and the results will be the judge."
This really fucks me off!

It's the same thing that's been said for the last 4 or 5 years.

That's all we ever hear, at the end of every media article, story, meeting etc, its always the same 'he shouldn't be sacked yet, it's not time for him to leave yet'

Just when exactly is his time up?!?

When are they going to realise that wenger will not change anything!

It's just fucking retarded :mad:

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Regardless of who Robson is, he is absolutely spot bollock on.

It's been theorised that wenger was in control of everything by plenty of people on here and recent events have gone some way to proving that theory.

The man is poisoning the team with his despotic ways.

Kano
13-12-2012, 11:58 AM

He was a useless footballer too. Bloody awful.
it is only because of his time at arsenal as a complete non entity that he is even given a chance to open his tired fucking mouth but he spends it laying into the club any chance he gets. ****.

LDG
13-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Regardless of who Robson is, he is absolutely spot bollock on.

It's been theorised that wenger was in control of everything by plenty of people on here and recent events have gone some way to proving that theory.

The man is poisoning the team with his despotic ways.

Look dude. Wenger has lost the plot, no doubt about it. He has lost the players, and he doesn't look like being able to turn it around. He's had enough chances, and he has remained stubborn, jaw-droppingly stupid and downright wrong for a while now. It's time to change it up.

BUT. the reason why twats like Robson, and all the other media whores should be defficated on from a great height, is that they are so blinkered, that they don't see that removing the manager is only 50% of solution.

There is no media voice hacking away at the owners of the club. Nobody. Not even that Payton geezer.

This club needs shaking up, top to bottom. Those laying the blame soley at Wengers feet, without also apportioning a large part of the blame on Kronke, Gazidis and the other stooges raking in the piles of cash, are fucking annoying, and fucking stupid.

AND, btw, though Wenger needs to be replaced, it should never be with disrespect toward a man who has done so much for us fans, and the club as a whole. He needs to go, but he certainly deserves to be applauded and lauded for all the work he has done for us. Not slagged off by fans who sound more like Stoke fans every day.

Unai Tea
13-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Root and branch change is needed. The gap between what we claim our ambitions to be and what we actually see on and off the pitch has become embarrassing. Words and semantics can no longer hide our shame. Wenger out.

Özil's Panoramic View
13-12-2012, 12:15 PM
it is only because of his time at arsenal as a complete non entity that he is even given a chance to open his tired fucking mouth but he spends it laying into the club any chance he gets. ****.

More sounds like he's sticking it to Wenger than trying to lay into the club. Well, at least in the piece I just read ie.

I'm not surprised one bit though when folks who call out Wenger for the massive fuck up he is, are seen as attacking the club.

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Look dude. Wenger has lost the plot, no doubt about it. He has lost the players, and he doesn't look like being able to turn it around. He's had enough chances, and he has remained stubborn, jaw-droppingly stupid and downright wrong for a while now. It's time to change it up.

BUT. the reason why twats like Robson, and all the other media whores should be defficated on from a great height, is that they are so blinkered, that they don't see that removing the manager is only 50% of solution.

There is no media voice hacking away at the owners of the club. Nobody. Not even that Payton geezer.

This club needs shaking up, top to bottom. Those laying the blame soley at Wengers feet, without also apportioning a large part of the blame on Kronke, Gazidis and the other stooges raking in the piles of cash, are fucking annoying, and fucking stupid.

AND, btw, though Wenger needs to be replaced, it should never be with disrespect toward a man who has done so much for us fans, and the club as a whole. He needs to go, but he certainly deserves to be applauded and lauded for all the work he has done for us. Not slagged off by fans who sound more like Stoke fans every day.
No-el, noel, no-el, noel :bow:

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not surprised one bit though when folks who call out Wenger for the massive fuck up he is, are seen as attacking the club.
exactly. i love wenger. i wish he would stay another ten years at least. he's amazing. and there are no problems at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 12:26 PM

Robsons a **** and a racist, but he does make sense.

Özil's Panoramic View
13-12-2012, 12:40 PM
exactly. i love wenger. i wish he would stay another ten years at least. he's amazing. and there are no problems at all.

At least you're still in the majority. :lol:

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:47 PM
for some reason my work has blocked paged 14 on this thread. ha ha i know.

so if anyone responded to me, stick it on the next page if you can.

cheers, thanx, bai.

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 12:48 PM

So how do you gently ease out an octopus that has eight tentacles wrapped around every part of the club and does not have the decency to accept that he is doing the club more harm by staying than by leaving. Wenger is like a huge ship that has become stranded at a particular port because he refused to leave at the high tide. He is afraid now that the only place left for him if he leaves is the knackers yard., As they say "Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable" He should leave now and we will name the North stand after him, if he leaves us w/o even qualifying for the Europa cup, I will name my toilet after him.

BTW if you check the Poll in the Guardian. I am sure it is the opposition club fans who want him to stay. Bradford fans just love Vinger to bits right now.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Doesn't matter who is on the board, they will only ever be interested in money.

Wenger is the man in charge of what happens on the pitch and its not good enough. It's time for him to be replaced, end of.

But thanks for calling me a fucking annoying, fucking stupid, stoke fan. I'm sure it was completely warranted :good:

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 01:13 PM

Wenger is the man in charge of what happens on the pitch and its not good enough. It's time for him to be replaced, end of.

But thanks for calling me a fucking annoying, fucking stupid, stoke fan. I'm sure it was completely warranted :good:

Dont let it get you down man. For the AKB`s asking Wenger to leave now is like having their wisdom teeth removed without anaesthetic. For them its Ok to call the Queen names but plese dont insult Mr Wenger. Like I said above Stoke fans et al....They WANT Wenger to stay. Those who love this club, rather than love Wenger KNOW its time for him to leave, gracefully or not.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Come on guys, lets not let the club bring us down and turn on each other. We are all gooners and we all want the same thing. All this fighting its just not worth it, not when nobody at the club gives a feck about us.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Dont let it get you down man. For the AKB`s asking Wenger to leave now is like having their wisdom teeth removed without anaesthetic. For them its Ok to call the Queen names but plese dont insult Mr Wenger. Like I said above Stoke fans et al....They WANT Wenger to stay. Those who love this club, rather than love Wenger KNOW its time for him to leave, gracefully or not.
:hug:

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 01:23 PM
What a ghay post.

Really really ghay.

Edit: sorry, my bad, we are hugging now.

:hug:

Yeah i know, So is worshipping a 62 year old man whose clearly lost his marbles.

Kano
13-12-2012, 01:24 PM
oh no. who's worshiping now?

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah i know, So is worshipping a 62 year old man whose clearly lost his marbles.

No.

Almost everyone here worships the Club.

Those who reduce opinions to AKBs or the opposite are ghay ghay ghay.

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 01:26 PM
oh no. who's worshiping now?
Quo Vadim?

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 01:28 PM
No.

Almost everyone here worships the Club.

Those who reduce opinions to AKBs or the opposite are ghay ghay ghay.

Spoken like a true 15 yr old. Its said that those who worry about gays are more likely gay themselves

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Yeah but what has that got to do with Wenger, he's 63.

Kano
13-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Quo Vadim?
is that latin for gay? i don't geddit.

Globalgunner
13-12-2012, 01:43 PM
In other news. Guardiola says Arsenal are his 1st choice. Make it so......
Wenger:rose:

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 01:53 PM

The media has been backing Wenger for a long time and this is the only time pundits have really dug into him and put him at fault for what’s happening on the pitch. Before, they placed a lot of blame on the Board saying he needs help and more resources. But when you lose to Bradford, Norwich and Swansea, it’s very hard to push that sort of story because those are teams on way smaller budgets but still out fox us. We could play Bradford at home next week and we’d probably still struggle. Swansea and Norwich were hard games for us last season and they’ve done us over this year.

The leadership at the top is an issue but it’s unlikely we’ll see a major change in that area unless we bring in Usamov and we change the very core of the clubs traditions. Most people are against such a model and blast Chelsea and Man City for the way they are run but that’s the only real alternative. We’ll never be able to outspend them so we’ll need a coach that is smarter and is able to out fox the wealthy clubs with good tactics and smart purchases. We’re just not getting that from Wenger. That’s why it’s time for him to move on. He hasn’t got the tools to deal with the task ahead of him. It’s looking real hopeless with him in charge and he can’t be trusted to build a new squad because this current lot is what he’s bought. He looks incapable of getting them to play together and if he can’t see that Gervinho isn’t a striker, Ramsey isn’t a winger and Podoski can’t play on the left wing for us, then throwing money at the situation won’t make a blind bit of difference.

LDG
13-12-2012, 01:54 PM

:lol:

Chill out tinkerbell.

I wasn't calling you that :lol:

LDG
13-12-2012, 01:59 PM
The media has been backing Wenger for a long time and this is the only time pundits have really dug into him and put him at fault for what’s happening on the pitch. Before, they placed a lot of blame on the Board saying he needs help and more resources. But when you lose to Bradford, Norwich and Swansea, it’s very hard to push that sort of story because those are teams on way smaller budgets but still out fox us. We could play Bradford at home next week and we’d probably still struggle. Swansea and Norwich were hard games for us last season and they’ve done us over this year.

The leadership at the top is an issue but it’s unlikely we’ll see a major change in that area unless we bring in Usamov and we change the very core of the clubs traditions. Most people are against such a model and blast Chelsea and Man City for the way they are run but that’s the only real alternative. We’ll never be able to outspend them so we’ll need a coach that is smarter and is able to out fox the wealthy clubs with good tactics and smart purchases. We’re just not getting that from Wenger. That’s why it’s time for him to move on. He hasn’t got the tools to deal with the task ahead of him. It’s looking real hopeless with him in charge and he can’t be trusted to build a new squad because this current lot is what he’s bought. He looks incapable of getting them to play together and if he can’t see that Gervinho isn’t a striker, Ramsey isn’t a winger and Podoski can’t play on the left wing for us, then throwing money at the situation won’t make a blind bit of difference.

I know we won't see change at the top. That's not my point. My point was directed towards the media, and the fact that they don't ever highlight those very important issues. Even though Wenger is in charge of the football, and rightly should be moved on, he is not the only problem.

I just don't like seeing the board getting a free ride, whilst a man (who is clearly past his sell by date) gets all the flack from media and fans alike.

I know Wenger is infuriating. I know he's fucked it all up. And I know it's time to part company. I just think we a) could afford him a bit more respect in the way in which we "sack the ****" and b) not lose sight of the fact that it all stinks. Not just him.

Syn
13-12-2012, 02:09 PM
He's not an Arsenal man LDG. Lost that respect the day he sold Van Persie to Man Utd. And if his employers were putting a gun to his head, walk. He can expose everyone and not stand by while our club is sinking. He has to have some pride and walk. If Gazidis and Kroenke are ****s, so is Arsene. I don't feel good about saying that but that's the way it is. He likes the silly money more than Arsenal.

Kano
13-12-2012, 02:13 PM
He's not an Arsenal man LDG. Lost that respect the day he sold Van Persie to Man Utd. And if his employers were putting a gun to his head, walk. He can expose everyone and not stand by while our club is sinking. He has to have some pride and walk. If Gazidis and Kroenke are ****s, so is Arsene. I don't feel good about saying that but that's the way it is. He likes the silly money more than Arsenal.
not sure i completely agree but whether that is true or not, he has left himself open to those sort of accusations with some of his actions over the past few seasons. very sad.

LDG
13-12-2012, 02:17 PM
not sure i completely agree but whether that is true or not, he has left himself open to those sort of accusations with some of his actions over the past few seasons. very sad.

Yep.

Grebbo
13-12-2012, 02:20 PM
You gotta feel a bit for Wenger, well I do anyway, because the team he'd built just a couple of seasons ago that went toe to toe with Barca looked like it was almost ready to do something big. You had Fab, Nasri, RVP, an on form Arshavin and wonder kid Wilshere on the scene. Those were exciting times IMO.

Obviously what has happened since has been a catastrophe and in such a short space of time.

If Wenger had walked after they were sold we'd all give the new manager a couple or three seasons to rebuild. We're not giving Wenger that same patience as he's been around for so long and we're tired of him. But he is building from scratch.

I don't think he's the right man for the job as I think all managers have a shelf life. But he has had a very good team, that he built, completely gutted.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I know we won't see change at the top. That's not my point. My point was directed towards the media, and the fact that they don't ever highlight those very important issues. Even though Wenger is in charge of the football, and rightly should be moved on, he is not the only problem.

I just don't like seeing the board getting a free ride, whilst a man (who is clearly past his sell by date) gets all the flack from media and fans alike.

I know Wenger is infuriating. I know he's fucked it all up. And I know it's time to part company. I just think we a) could afford him a bit more respect in the way in which we "sack the ****" and b) not lose sight of the fact that it all stinks. Not just him.

The media have protected him for years and have always speculated about how much money he has to spend and if he's getting the proper support. He's been sheilded from much of the blame because of his legacy. But he stands up for the Board when the media take shots at the way we're run. He redicules them for it.

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 02:32 PM
You gotta feel a bit for Wenger, well I do anyway, because the team he'd built just a couple of seasons ago that went toe to toe with Barca looked like it was almost ready to do something big. You had Fab, Nasri, RVP, an on form Arshavin and wonder kid Wilshere on the scene. Those were exciting times IMO.

Obviously what has happened since has been a catastrophe and in such a short space of time.

If Wenger had walked after they were sold we'd all give the new manager a couple or three seasons to rebuild. We're not giving Wenger that same patience as he's been around for so long and we're tired of him. But he is building from scratch.

I don't think he's the right man for the job as I think all managers have a shelf life. But he has had a very good team, that he built, completely gutted.

Still a team full of bottlers back then, but they actually got far enough in things to bottle it. Arsene's teams post 05 were all full of bottlers and I think alot of that comes down to his management.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 02:34 PM
The media have protected him for years and have always speculated about how much money he has to spend and if he's getting the proper support. He's been sheilded from much of the blame because of his legacy. But he stands up for the Board when the media take shots at the way we're run. He redicules them for it.

I still see articles saying there will be a much longer trophy drought if arsene goes and that fans should keep faith in him, personally I just think the people writing this crap are just fans of other clubs and are enjoying watching us suffer.

Grebbo
13-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Still a team full of bottlers back then, but they actually got far enough in things to bottle it. Arsene's teams post 05 were all full of bottlers and I think alot of that comes down to his management.

I dunno, I don't think they were bottlers. Just needed more experience to get over the finishing line. Once they got there I think they could have gone on and got success consistently.

The biggest bottlers were the Invincibles. Greatest team in our history and they did fuck all in Europe and couldn't even win back to back titles.

LDG
13-12-2012, 02:37 PM

I suppose you're right.

I'm just gutted :(

It just seems like a horrible vicious cycle, and it's just getting worse, and worse.....

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I dunno, I don't think they were bottlers. Just needed more experience to get over the finishing line. Once they got there I think they could have gone on and got success consistently.

The biggest bottlers were the Invincibles. Greatest team in our history and they did fuck all in Europe and couldn't even win back to back titles.

Spot on, If you remember Pizza gate, before that game we were well ahead of the rest, after that game we, bottled the league and gave it to the chavs.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I still see articles saying there will be a much longer trophy drought if arsene goes and that fans should keep faith in him, personally I just think the people writing this crap are just fans of other clubs and are enjoying watching us suffer.

I don't think they mean he should stay, per say i think its more of a its going to take a long time to fix this mess sort of thing.

Rather then us to expect somethng big when a new man comes in. If that makes sense.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 02:57 PM

But when he was winning, they loved him, even though he was the moany frenchmen they loved him. Maybe they big up his head a lil too, with the nice footie we play and when we had the invincibles, with the kids coming through saying how good they were etc made him think he could use them, why not.

When people in the media and fans say we don't care about stuff as long as we play pretty football, the club and manager we see that as doing the right him, not saying they not won't to win stuff but they see it as the fans not being too bothered.

SayNoMore
13-12-2012, 03:01 PM
This club is reactive rather than proactive, even though the world knew we would get battered at OT, that diaby couldn't play on the left and is a fraud, that we would be struggling against some L2 side, that gervinho was bought for £12 million LOL, that ramsey is persistently played in some sort of attempt to sabotage our team, we still insist until we fall. Things like this ^^^ piss me off about wenger, i dont care where we finish as long as we play our best every game and do our utmost to win. That would make me fall back in the Wenger camp. The league position is an indication of the quality of the team + manager. We've had seasons where we had a better first team then MU and we finish 3rd or 4th and they win the league. The quality of the squad is questionable but the quality of our manager is glaringly obvious. Pretty good but not great, which unfortunately isnt enough.

IBK
13-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I feel no sympathy for Wenger, none at all.

I do not believe that the board is preventing him from doing what he wants to do as manager. IMO the idea is ludicrous. For one, if he is being forced into looking like a shadow of his former self - why not walk? Plenty of managers have done when they feel undermined. Second, look at all the dud players that AW has signed, who are now being paid so much that our wage bill is obscenely bloated relative to the talent we have. Why would the board on the one hand allow him to piss away the club's resources, and on the other deny him the funds to keep his best players or to buy the players he wants. It just doesn't make sense.

Where the board is at fault is in allowing AW to have too much power and say in what's going on, not too little. Because he's a cash cow for them (by selling the crown jewels each year), they are happy and complacent in allowing a monomaniac to run the team down.

Let's face it. Wenger is washed up. His scouting network - that used to find hidden gems - is in tatters, and shown up by those of so-called lesser teams who are now doing a better job. With the bar much more level these days in terms of scouting; training methods; diet and general fitness, it is mental strength; tactics and man-management that creates the edge - and Wenger, never brilliant at any of these, is being left behind. His methodology is flawed, and its resulting in players going backwards rather than developing - and the players can see this and clearly no longer believe in him.

Football supporters and commentators aren't completely stupid. They have seen a situation like we are in before and are sensing blood. We are in an aircraft that is going down, but because the pilot has refused to allow any competent co-pilots to accompany him, there is noone to pull us out of the dive.

And in the back of the plane, our board is like a bunch of monkeys too busy eating their own faeces to even notice.

LDG
13-12-2012, 03:34 PM

I do not believe that the board is preventing him from doing what he wants to do as manager. IMO the idea is ludicrous. For one, if he is being forced into looking like a shadow of his former self - why not walk? Plenty of managers have done when they feel undermined. Second, look at all the dud players that AW has signed, who are now being paid so much that our wage bill is obscenely bloated relative to the talent we have. Why would the board on the one hand allow him to piss away the club's resources, and on the other deny him the funds to keep his best players or to buy the players he wants. It just doesn't make sense.

Where the board is at fault is in allowing AW to have too much power and say in what's going on, not too little. Because he's a cash cow for them (by selling the crown jewels each year), they are happy and complacent in allowing a monomaniac to run the team down.

Let's face it. Wenger is washed up. His scouting network - that used to find hidden gems - is in tatters, and shown up by those of so-called lesser teams who are now doing a better job. With the bar much more level these days in terms of scouting; training methods; diet and general fitness, it is mental strength; tactics and man-management that creates the edge - and Wenger, never brilliant at any of these, is being left behind. His methodology is flawed, and its resulting in players going backwards rather than developing - and the players can see this and clearly no longer believe in him.

Football supporters and commentators aren't completely stupid. They have seen a situation like we are in before and are sensing blood. We are in an aircraft that is going down, but because the pilot has refused to allow any competent co-pilots to accompany him, there is noone to pull us out of the dive.

And in the back of the plane, our board is like a bunch of monkeys too busy eating their own faeces to even notice.

:haha:

Brilliant!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 03:40 PM

I suppose once you start pittying the guy there is no way back.

GP
13-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I pity the fool.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I pity the fool.

Who messes with me :ninja:

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Spoken like a true 15 yr old. Its said that those who worry about gays are more likely gay themselves

Sorry.

Thought you knew the difference between 'gay' and 'ghay'.

GP
13-12-2012, 04:20 PM

lol your gay

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Chill out tinkerbell.

I wasn't calling you that :lol:i thought it was directed at me :lol:

Hairy muff

fakeyank
13-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Great post in general but the two parts in bold take it to legendary status!

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 05:44 PM

He defends the Board whenever they are in the firing line and insists this is the best way for the club to be run. There is no need for him to put him reputation on the line like this. The issue with the wage bill and the transfers is another good point. Why would they be okay with the wage bill to balloon but penny pinch over signings?

As for the Board, the real worry is that there is nobody there that knows enough about the game that can really stamp their authority and lead the club. That is why Wenger gets so much say from top to bottom. It's a real mess. My only hope for the future is that when a new manager is appointed, he's given the same sort of say Wenger had regarding the vision for the club. Someone that can appoint his own staff and set things in motion. Wenger came with the idea of building the training ground, a bigger stadium, the youth set up like Ajax...he's laid the groundwork but he needs to pass the baton before he drops it or burns himself out and we're left well behind the rest. I used to think the next manager would inherit a great team. That is looking far from likely now.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Which he was responsible for gutting.

If he wanted to keep that team together then the answer was simple.

It wasn't about silly wages or playing positions, it was about adding quality and strength. That's all the players wanted so they had the chance to win something.

All wenger did was buy young nobody's or cheap shit that other teams didn't want and in the end those players had enough.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 06:58 PM

You're looking at it from a football perspective again, which is understandable because you are a fan. But that's not the way the monkeys at Arsenal look at things. We might be on the jet going down but you won't find the moneys at the back, they are in the other jet soaring through the clouds. I bet if you checked both altimeters theirs would read identical to ours but without that minus stuck in front. Wenger's a weird case because he's on the first class flight but he's left his luggage in the doomed economy class aircraft that's destined to hit the deck. Truth is, these guys aren't clueless monkeys at all. You don't clear half a billion and then set the flight plan for a go around to do it all again unless you have a few more smarts than a monkey.

Özim
13-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I've got no sympathy for Wenger, he's benefited hugely from the profits in the form of a huge salary, has been allowed to pretty much do whatever he wants without any repercussions and has been able to go year after year without winning a thing.

His tactics have been very questionable, signings pretty average overall and coaching it seems non-existent judging from the teams problems. If he was truly a victim in this he could have walked away, indeed I'd have respected him more if he had, at least it would have shown winning matters to him, instead he's stuck around picked up his money and supported the board 100% whilst largely bulsh*tting the fans.

I don't really think the guy deserves sympathy considering what he's done and the way he's acted in recent years, is there anyone on here who wouldn't love to have had the opportunities he's had?

Özim
13-12-2012, 07:29 PM
You're looking at it from a football perspective again, which is understandable because you are a fan. But that's not the way the monkeys at Arsenal look at things. We might be on the jet going down but you won't find the moneys at the back, they are in the other jet soaring through the clouds. I bet if you checked both altimeters theirs would read identical to ours but without that minus stuck in front. Wenger's a weird case because he's on the first class flight but he's left his luggage in the doomed economy class aircraft that's destined to hit the deck. Truth is, these guys aren't clueless monkeys at all. You don't clear half a billion and then set the flight plan for a go around to do it all again unless you have a few more smarts than a monkey.
As he said though, noone forced the guy to stay on, he wasn't tied to a chair with a gun to his head, if he wasn't happy he could have walked away from the money and found another job. Clearly he's been very happy doing his job as he wants to do it.

kas
13-12-2012, 07:37 PM

The scary thing is people making comparisions with 'Clough' at Forest (eventual relegation)
How many of this current board were there in the 'Invincibles era' only the Ferret (hill-wood). There's no one around to make decisions like they did with GG & Rioch etc
I do agree with Robson on one thing, there are many decent coaches already @ Arsenal + others who love the club, but are not used.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 08:35 PM
As he said though, noone forced the guy to stay on, he wasn't tied to a chair with a gun to his head, if he wasn't happy he could have walked away from the money and found another job. Clearly he's been very happy doing his job as he wants to do it.

You are so focused on Wenger you can't see the point. Swap Wenger for any name you want, the philosophy of this club isn't changing any time soon. Trying to paint the executives and owners as Wenger's puppets doesn't take into account who is doing well at Arsenal and who's suffering. There's a hierarchy of rewards with the fans at the bottom of the pile propping it up. Anyone who thinks the weight will be lifted when Wenger leaves is going to be crushed. It's not just the greed of the owners, it seems to me the players have fully realised what's happening are have found every conceivable way to milk the situation for maximum return with minimum effort. The next manager in has a hell of a job on his hands and I can think of maybe two names who MIGHT have a prayer, Ferguson or Mourinho. Both are impossible so whit Arsenal what you see is what you get for the medium term at least regardless of who comes in. Or put another way, change the pilots all you want but the monkeys don't travel with the fans anyway. They are on a completely different trip.

Özim
13-12-2012, 09:03 PM
You are so focused on Wenger you can't see the point. Swap Wenger for any name you want, the philosophy of this club isn't changing any time soon. Trying to paint the executives and owners as Wenger's puppets doesn't take into account who is doing well at Arsenal and who's suffering. There's a hierarchy of rewards with the fans at the bottom of the pile propping it up. Anyone who thinks the weight will be lifted when Wenger leaves is going to be crushed. It's not just the greed of the owners, it seems to me the players have fully realised what's happening are have found every conceivable way to milk the situation for maximum return with minimum effort. The next manager in has a hell of a job on his hands and I can think of maybe two names who MIGHT have a prayer, Ferguson or Mourinho. Both are impossible so whit Arsenal what you see is what you get for the medium term at least regardless of who comes in. Or put another way, change the pilots all you want but the monkeys don't travel with the fans anyway. They are on a completely different trip.
A new manager will create a team in his image, hopefully using good tactics and ability to motivate and some good coaching. In addition any new manager would get money to invest, that's always the way at a big club, as for the clubs policy, well the manager's ambition play a part as well if he really wants to win he would talk to the board, portray his vision and request investment and backing if necessary, he may even make sure he has this backing before taking the job.

Wenger is a sell-out, he wants to build a team on a budget and won't sign household names because it doesn't fit with his policy, he can't motivate, is poor tactically isn't a good coach and is totally inflexible when things don't work, he's also unable to separate himself from his relationship with his players and when required to criticise their performances (that's ignoring the fact all his substitutions seem to be dertermined before a match and don't appear to be reactive to the situation in front of him).....a new manager would no doubt not have these problems.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 09:08 PM
The philosophy of the club has changed dramatically over the past 6 years. It wasn't always like this and Wenger gets a lot of credit for laying the blueprint. Did Pat Rice once tell a player that it should be considered a failure if we don't win a trophy each year? What happened to that Arsenal mentality? Wenger is now saying 4th is like a trophy!

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 09:09 PM
I tend to agree it's much more to do with the man's tactics and lack of motivational skills than anything else.

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2012, 09:34 PM
The mantra for a long time was, 'we don't buy stars, we make them'.

For a long time, that held true - but not any more. And what few we do make, we sell, and now the vultures are circling. Walcott is going to United.

gooners
13-12-2012, 09:46 PM
there are four trophies for top teams in england to compete for: PL,CL,FA,COC & 4th place trophy.

btw, the 4th place trophy trumps the COC & FA cups :good:

you know, i started typing that in jest; but by the end of it i was tearing up! --- how low we have sunk for our manager to spout such horseshit :(

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Arsene Wenger has acknowledged he is the man responsible for Arsenal's direction as a club.

Arsenal's worst start to a season under Wenger has led to unprecedented criticism from a section of the club's support, though many continue to back a manager who has delivered UEFA Champions League qualification 15 years running.

Among the accusations levelled at Wenger is one that his decisions go unchallenged by anyone on the coaching staff or in the boardroom, and former Gunners midfielder Stewart Robson went as far as calling him "a dictator" in the wake of the Capital One Cup defeat at Bradford.

Speaking before that setback, the Frenchman told Four Four Two magazine he personally pushes the club's commitment to self-sustainability.He said: "I feel responsible for the evolution of the club. When you've been here for 16 years, you're part of the history and the guy who is responsible for the values that the club wants to show in all aspects of daily life.

"For example, if a manager changes every two years and the players stay for 10 years, the player will always have a greater influence.

"If a manager stays at a club for 15 years, he is a 'memory' of the club. It gives you a kind of authority, because people respect the way you behave and the way you do things.

"You can only be good in life if you do what you believe is right. We have always managed the club with its own resources, given a chance to young players and developed a style of play that we think is right."

Asked if he had felt under pressure at any time during his long reign, Wenger said: "I always feel under pressure to deliver, always. You can only be successful if you question yourself."

Arsenal are expected to make some moves in the new year, with another loan deal for former club captain Thierry Henry still on the agenda. The likes of Newcastle frontman Demba Ba, Schalke forward Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente and Crystal Palace's England international Wilfried Zaha are all said to be on Wenger's shopping list.Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour, part of the squad which won three Premier League titles, has urged Wenger to jettison some of the deadwood in the current squad next month.

"This transfer window is going to be vital for Arsene Wenger," Parlour said on Sky Sports News.

"Everybody's saying there's £50million to spend, but I think he's also got to look at trying to get a few players out of the club as well - the likes of (Marouane) Chamakh and (Andrey) Arshavin, (Nicklas) Bendtner could be coming back, people like that, Denilson's on loan at the moment.

"All those sort of players - do they really want to play for Arsenal? That's the ones you have to really try to move on, and then buy a bit more quality."

Arsenal will also be without Gervinho at the start of 2013 when he represents the Ivory Coast at the African Nations Cuphttp://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8329848/Arsene-Wenger-admits-Arsenal-s-values-and-evolution-are-his-responsibility

Kano
13-12-2012, 10:24 PM
A new manager will create a team in his image, hopefully using good tactics and ability to motivate and some good coaching. In addition any new manager would get money to invest, that's always the way at a big club, as for the clubs policy, well the manager's ambition play a part as well if he really wants to win he would talk to the board, portray his vision and request investment and backing if necessary, he may even make sure he has this backing before taking the job.

Wenger is a sell-out, he wants to build a team on a budget and won't sign household names because it doesn't fit with his policy, he can't motivate, is poor tactically isn't a good coach and is totally inflexible when things don't work, he's also unable to separate himself from his relationship with his players and when required to criticise their performances (that's ignoring the fact all his substitutions seem to be dertermined before a match and don't appear to be reactive to the situation in front of him).....a new manager would no doubt not have these problems.
the board will treat the new guy the same and perhaps plump for a guy that buys into it - especially if wenger moves upstairs which would be a disaster. if not, then the least i will hope for is that everything possible is being done with the team by the manager to get the maximum out of them. i think that is what most fans want as minimum. trophies and glory would be nice of course but its not the most important thing for me.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8329848/Arsene-Wenger-admits-Arsenal-s-values-and-evolution-are-his-responsibility

What more can he say? No agenda is being forced upon him as suspected.

NQ - this is the reason why the focus is on Wenger right now.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 11:03 PM
the board will treat the new guy the same and perhaps plump for a guy that buys into it - especially if wenger moves upstairs which would be a disaster. if not, then the least i will hope for is that everything possible is being done with the team by the manager to get the maximum out of them. i think that is what most fans want as minimum. trophies and glory would be nice of course but its not the most important thing for me.

Agreed, Wenger moving upstairs would be a long term nail in the coffin. It's just a bit sad he has to be condemned for being (what's the word?) - moral - about things. He's right, football is crazy, the money is out of control. Unfortunately that's the way it works now, at least until the whole game crashes and burns. And I guess we don't know the half of it (or a tenth), what really goes on with all the grubby cash changing hands behind the scenes. Agents snagged £77mill last year, or something like that I think. It's foul but it's also normal and Wenger is not a normal guy.

It's also true that a lot of fans are aiming for the absolute minimum. It's such a catch 22. If a manger did come in and set the likes of Gervinho and Ramsey on fire, either literally (which is fine) or in terms of dramatically improved performances through tactical and positional changes - they'd be sold so the manage could bring in more shit and mould it into an asset. I really don't think the majority of fans have quite grasped our situation. Any manager increasing the vibrancy and making the blood flow through this team again is just going to see it sucked away. This loss to Bradford is certainly partly down to Wenger and partly down to the players, but there has been a perpetual chipping away by the guys at the top to get us to this lowly position.

Arsenal won't be competing at the top for years to come. And even then, if our game plan does work out and our frugal policies mean we rule the roost, doesn't it also mean a hell of a lot of clubs will have collapsed or be unsustainable? We could be masters in a league of one.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Yeah but remember the 1st rule. Wenger lies.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:08 PM
I can't see us getting a manager who is basically happy to achieve 4th every season unless we end up with an Avram Grant who let's face it noone would want here. We're a big club and a manager who comes to manage us would I'm sure like to leave his stamp and succeed, I would at least hope that he'd improve things via tactics, motivation, coaching and perhaps signing the correct players.

I'm not for Wenger moving upstairs as I feel a new manager should be allowed to get on with his job without Wenger's shadow cast upon him.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:10 PM
a new manager would no doubt not have these problems.

You do know the new man will be of Stan's choosing. So do you really think he is going to bring in someone who wants to spend a lot of money on players. When its clearly not what he wants. Lets hope the reports of pep coming in are true, if not then the new man will just be a yes man and stans bitch.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I can't see us getting a manager who is basically happy to achieve 4th every season unless we end up with an Avram Grant who let's face it noone would want here. We're a big club and a manager who comes to manage us would I'm sure like to leave his stamp and succeed, I would at least hope that he'd improve things via tactics, motivation, coaching and perhaps signing the correct players.

I'm not for Wenger moving upstairs as I feel a new manager should be allowed to get on with his job without Wenger's shadow cast upon him.

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Maybe, but you may find out soon enough you are only peeling back layers of the onion.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:13 PM
You do know the new man will be of Stan's choosing. So do you really think he is going to bring in someone who wants to spend a lot of money on players. When its clearly not what he wants. Lets hope the reports of pep coming in are true, if not then the new man will just be a yes man and stans bitch.
Any manager unless they're some kind of joker won't come in and settle for achieving nothing, why would they? You don't want to come in and manage a big club and leave only to be totally forgotten as you've not managed to achieve anything of note.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:14 PM
:doh:
What? That's basically what Wenger does every season.....he's proud of getting 4th and rates it as a major trophy, had he arrived in 2006 would he be remembered for coming 4th every season? F*ck no, noone would remember him in 10 years.

You can claim he's not happy with 4th etc, but at the end of the day actions speak louder than words.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Any manager unless they're some kind of joker won't come in and settle for achieving nothing, why would they? You don't want to come in and manage a big club and leave only to be totally forgotten as you've not managed to achieve anything of note.

They might come in for £5-6mill a year though. Look at Benitez. Tell me he's still a manager with ambition. There are plenty out there who would take the money I'm sure. This is a money club now. The board, the manager, the players all on crazy money and no results on the pitch. For this to have been solely Wenger's model and hos doing would make Stan Kronke an ignorant ass. If you look at the guy's record he's hardly that. I'm sure they'll get the right man for the their job. Whether it will be the right man for the fans is not so certain, if it is even possible given the gap that has to be bridged.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Thats why Stan will put someone unknown there. No one knew Wenger when he 1st came, so can see them doing the same if it benefits them. However if they believe Pep is their man, i guess he'll be given time to make a team. But he'd be what they like, because like Barca he never really spent much and was good with the youth.

What? That's basically what Wenger does every season.....he's proud of getting 4th and rates it as a major trophy, had he arrived in 2006 would he be remembered for coming 4th every season? F*ck no, noone would remember him in 10 years.

What i an NQ and Terry are saying is, Stan will choose tyhe next manager. It won't be someone Ambitious it will be someone who will be his yes man. Once Wenger goes Stan won't pretend he needs to be loyal to the club anymore.

No one like Jose will come here whilst Stan and co are in charge. Arsenal are in a fuck up place and Wenger going is the start to clear it up.

Until stan leaves this club is fucked up no matter who the manager is.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:20 PM
They might come in for £5-6mill a year though. Look at Benitez. Tell me he's still a manager with ambition. There are plenty out there who would take the money I'm sure. This is a money club now. The board, the manager, the players all on crazy money and no results on the pitch. For this to have been solely Wenger's model and hos doing would make Stan Kronke an ignorant ass. If you look at the guy's record he's hardly that. I'm sure they'll get the right man for the their job. Whether it will be the right man for the fans is not so certain, if it is even possible given the gap that has to be bridged.
A new manager will get nowhere near that kind of money to be honest, the club aren't going to pay some guy 7 million a year to manage the club once he leaves, no unless he proves something, the issue here is that Wenger is basically happy with the setup I think it would be hard to find any half decent manager with the same attitude.

Benitez is a short term stop gap, everyone knows that, Chelsea couldn't get the man they want now so they got him as he was available.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:23 PM
A new manager will get nowhere near that kind of money to be honest, the club aren't going to pay some guy 7 million a year to manage the club once he leaves, no unless he proves something, the issue here is that Wenger is basically happy with the setup I think it would be hard to find any half decent manager with the same attitude.

Benitez is a short term stop gap, everyone knows that, Chelsea couldn't get the man they want now so they got him as he was available.

Let them put Steve bould there and see if he'd complain at that sort of money.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Thats why Stan will put someone unknown there.

What i an NQ and Terry are saying is, Stan will choose tyhe next manager. It won't be someone Ambitious it will be someone who will be his yes man. Once Wenger goes Stan won't pretend he needs to be loyal to the club anymore.

No one like Jose will come here whilst Stan and co are in charge. Arsenal are in a fuck up place and Wenger going is the start to clear it up.

Until stan leaves this club is fucked up no matter who the manager is.
I can't see that happening to be honest, an unknown is unlikely to come in unless Wenger is involved and recommends Stojkovic of course, then we're f*cked.

We'll see what happens I guess, but the club will look pretty foolish bringing in a nobody and watching him fail totally, you can't just bring in any manager or you'll end up dropping down the table like a stone, once Wenger leaves you'll need a manager who can impose his ways on the team and change things that have been this way for 15 years.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2012, 11:25 PM

Chelsea have managed to find quite a few short term managers, haven't they? Offer the right money and the manager will come, they won't have any problems with that.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Let them put Steve bould there and see if he'd complain at that sort of money.
Steve Bould has never even managed a club, he was never a high profile player for us (as good as he was), I just can't see that happening seeing as he's proved nothing in the game.

Özim
13-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Chelsea have managed to find quite a few short term managers, haven't they? Offer the right money and the manager will come, they won't have any problems with that.
Not really no, Grant and Benitez were/are short term, the rest came in in the hope of success but failed, so they got sacked, they didn't just come in for one season to pick up a pay check, Scolari, Hiddink etc had repuations to protect as well after all they had achieved a decent amount in the game...the Russian sacked them but I'm sure that wasn't their plan.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I can't see that happening to be honest, an unknown is unlikely to come in unless Wenger is involved and recommends Stojkovic of course, then we're f*cked.

We'll see what happens I guess, but the club will look pretty foolish bringing in a nobody and watching him fail totally, you can't just bring in any manager or you'll end up dropping down the table like a stone, once Wenger leaves you'll need a manager who can impose his ways on the team and change things that have been this way for 15 years.

Yep but what the team needs and what Stan needs are too diffrent things. If the Russian came in before the end of the season. Once Phw Steps down, it will be Stans son or nephew as Chairman you wait and see.

Wenger needs to go, lets just hope the man coming in knows what he is getting himself into.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Steve Bould has never even managed a club, he was never a high profile player for us (as good as he was), I just can't see that happening seeing as he's proved nothing in the game.

It will happen if the board think its the cheap option, even for a few years till they make their money then fuck off out the club. Worked with Barca.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Stan won't have anything to do with Wenger going or not, he doesn't give a fuck. Gazidis is the one who needs to step and make the call. We have a great platform here for any new manager, especially with the new Emirates deal in place.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Stan won't have anything to do with Wenger going or not, he doesn't give a fuck.Gazidis is the one who needs to step and make the call. We have a great platform here for any new manager, especially with the new Emirates deal in place.

Stan has pretty much said he wants to keep him here, but its clear the man will walk come end of the season anyways.

Do you see a man who looks like he wants to be at the club, cause i don't. I see a guy who looks like he has had enough.

The things he has done and the way he has behaved has been strange. He has not smiled as much a previous seasons.

Even if you see when he is giving interviews or defending the team his body language tells you not even he believes the rubbish he is spouting.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Arsene Wenger admits he has no choice but to question himself as he looks to bring success back to Arsenal.

The Frenchman is facing one of the biggest tests of his 16-year Gunners career following the Capital One Cup defeat by Bradford in midweek, especially as their Premier League form has been indifferent at best.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has apologised to supporters for the recent setbacks and fans' groups say he pledged to make "significant funds" available to Wenger to strengthen the squad in January.Wenger has long championed the club's drive to emulate their successes of the past by living within their own means after moving from Highbury and speaking prior to the midweek defeat to Bradford, he told fourfourtwo.com about the demands on him to succeed.

"You can only be successful if you question yourself, because the game has become bigger and better," Wenger said.

"With teams like Chelsea and Man City coming in, I think we have to do what we do even better.

"You can only be good in life if you do what you believe is right.

"We have always managed the club with its own resources, given a chance to young players and developed a style of play that we think is right. After it works, it gives us a consistency at the top level that develops a sense of trust.

"We may have a lack of experience in winning trophies recently, but we are always at the top and very close to winning the championship or winning the Champions League."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8330659/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-admits-he-has-no-choice-but-to-question-himself

IBK
14-12-2012, 09:38 AM

I think you've got me wrong. By focussing on Wenger, I am not excusing the board. At all. I don't happen to think that Wenger leaving will be a panacea for the club's ill's - because I simply don't trust the board or an owner who doesn't give a fuck about anything but increasing his balance sheet to a) make the right appointment as his successor, and b) provide him with the support he needs to bring the club to greatness. The 2 main driving forces behind the club - Danny Fizman and David Dein (whom I am describing as a driving force, not a saint), have gone, and what we are left with are toothless old men; a CEO puppet and a dyed in the wool corporate emperor who shouldn't have come anywhere near our club.

Its a nightmare.

But its a nightmare to which Wenger has contributed more than anyone else. He has clearly bought into the corporate imperative that now governs our club - I suspect as much because it cements his indespensibility to, and power over the club - because no other manager could deliver year on year profits in the manner that he has done.

And on the football side, Wenger has created a one man empire. A situation where he can indulge all of his schemes; fail to heed the most obvious of warning signs; peddle a methodology that is increasingly out of touch with the modern game and breed the current; anaemic; gutless bunch of prima donna's that stink up the pitch every other game. I don't blame Wenger principally for not winning silverware for so long. I blame him most of all for taking the resources that the club has, and spunking them up the wall on mediocre overpaid punts - while allowing his crown jewels to be sold year on year. The having teh audacity to blame the team's decline on the money coming into the game when we have the second highest revenues of any English club, and the fourth highest wage bill.

While this might coincide ideally with the aims of the money men to whom our club is beholden, the idea that AW does not direct, or at the very worst collude with this is utterly fanciful.

Globalgunner
14-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Wenger is at fault for believing his own myth and not constantly striving to improve himself. He believed that Chelsea and Uniteds millions were a caveat that would protect him from criticism as the fans would continue to buy the bull that we simply cannot compete. (This btw is not true, an exceptional manager can beat them on the pitch w/o having to match them financially). The fact is he will not bea able to beat them consistently but at least muster enough skill and talent to do it on a consistent enough basis to win an occasional title and and a frequent cup of some sort. What we have seen however is that Wenger is not an exceptional manager anymore and City has emerged to squeeze his options even more. Moreover clubs like Spuds Everton and Liverpool have shown that by boxing clever you can get close to the big spenders while only spending a 3rd of their totals

Fans can see through his mind tricks because it all plays out on the pitch. Exasperating player purchases and team gutting player sales. the club has become no more than an indulgence for Wenger. NQ and other can wail all they want about the board, but the truth is the board is no longer a financial yoke on our necks. Nobody on the board own any significant shares anymore except SK and Usmanov so they are not reaping any great dividends anymore. The great payout was in 2010 when eveybody sold to Kroenke, since then our money has gone mostly on players wages to absolute dross. We only make dividends when we sell players.

Significantly the better players that leave are mostly not sold against their will, they leave because their ambitions are no longer being met at Arsenal. Who wants to hang around to be a pawn in Wenger`s flights of fantasy?. A man who is constantly waiting for vindication, who thinks that if he can just win 1 CL. It will justify every garbage season of implosion that has gone before. He wont win the CL because you need at least 3 exceptional players in a team with another 8-12 good players to do this. even Chelsea who fluked it last year have this combination and would have won it 2ce if Drogba was not an Ass and Terry a slipshod mong. A team need to be led by a purposeful manager who sees the game with utmost clarity not one who believes that each failure is simply a combination of bad luck and misfortune.

We have been badly managed by Wenger for several years now. Yes he has done well for us early on and we would not be the club we are with global recognition if he had not made the early star signings like Henry Pires et al, but even then a better manager would IMO have done greater things with these talents. He has taken advantage of our appreciation to entwine himself indistinguishably from the club. To a point where the club and he are essentially the same thing. This is the man who is now being portrayed as a VICTIM?. He craves and gets absolute control and after getting it should he be absolved from the crap team we now see before us. The club has been more than appreciative by paying him way beyond his peers or his talents. He simply needs to go. I have no doubt that even invisible Sam will see that he will gain nothing by keeping Wenger after this year and possibly will risk the essence and status of the club worldwide. Fans are disgruntled ALL OVER THE WORLD, not just on the stands. The advertisers know this too. Another calamitous year will not help our prospects when all those deals come up for renewal in a year or so. But imagine what those companies will think if Pep is acknowledged as taking over.

At least we wont be having a manager less astute than those currently at Swansea, Norwich and Bradford.

LDG
14-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Not really no, Grant and Benitez were/are short term, the rest came in in the hope of success but failed, so they got sacked, they didn't just come in for one season to pick up a pay check, Scolari, Hiddink etc had repuations to protect as well after all they had achieved a decent amount in the game...the Russian sacked them but I'm sure that wasn't their plan.

Who would you like to see come in Zimm?

Serious question. I'm flummuxed, tbh. I like the idea of Gaurdiola, and I could see it happening, if, and only if the board allowed him time and money to do the job....I'm really not keen on a "Rogers" or a "Moyes"....you really have to have something special to take on a big job, and it's not just about managing a team...it's all the politics, media, marketing, charisma and savvy that somes with it....

Difficult.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Who would you like to see come in Zimm?

Serious question. I'm flummuxed, tbh. I like the idea of Gaurdiola, and I could see it happening, if, and only if the board allowed him time and money to do the job....I'm really not keen on a "Rogers" or a "Moyes"....you really have to have something special to take on a big job, and it's not just about managing a team...it's all the politics, media, marketing, charisma and savvy that somes with it....

Difficult.
Sounds like a Jose. As good as he is, just can't stand the media cirus that comes with him. Id like Pep tbh, it would be good to see him build a team outside of spain. He'd bring in his own coaches and get the lads playing his way. The media seem to love him too. Might even bring Cesc back.

Some say Klopp. though i think he could be chav bound tbh.

Kano
14-12-2012, 01:53 PM
if it wasn't their plan then they sure as hell have made it the template for the club for the foreseeable future. NO manager, regardless of the contract they are given when they walk through the door, will be thinking long term. 6 months at best will be their vision as the russian at the club has created a clear cut policy of sacking any manager that he fears will not win a trophy. that's all he cares about because he runs the club as his little toy, only there to show off to his mates the shiny trophies HE has won. I'm pretty sure that is how he see's it too, with little or no credit given to the managers and players because he knows he runs the show from top to bottom. chelsea fans are just as embarrassed about their club as we are about ours at the moment.

IBK
14-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Wenger is at fault for believing his own myth and not constantly striving to improve himself. He believed that Chelsea and Uniteds millions were a caveat that would protect him from criticism as the fans would continue to buy the bull that we simply cannot compete. (This btw is not true, an exceptional manager can beat them on the pitch w/o having to match them financially). The fact is he will not bea able to beat them consistently but at least muster enough skill and talent to do it on a consistent enough basis to win an occasional title and and a frequent cup of some sort. What we have seen however is that Wenger is not an exceptional manager anymore and City has emerged to squeeze his options even more. Moreover clubs like Spuds Everton and Liverpool have shown that by boxing clever you can get close to the big spenders while only spending a 3rd of their totals

Fans can see through his mind tricks because it all plays out on the pitch. Exasperating player purchases and team gutting player sales. the club has become no more than an indulgence for Wenger. NQ and other can wail all they want about the board, but the truth is the board is no longer a financial yoke on our necks. Nobody on the board own any significant shares anymore except SK and Usmanov so they are not reaping any great dividends anymore. The great payout was in 2010 when eveybody sold to Kroenke, since then our money has gone mostly on players wages to absolute dross. We only make dividends when we sell players.

Significantly the better players that leave are mostly not sold against their will, they leave because their ambitions are no longer being met at Arsenal. Who wants to hang around to be a pawn in Wenger`s flights of fantasy?. A man who is constantly waiting for vindication, who thinks that if he can just win 1 CL. It will justify every garbage season of implosion that has gone before. He wont win the CL because you need at least 3 exceptional players in a team with another 8-12 good players to do this. even Chelsea who fluked it last year have this combination and would have won it 2ce if Drogba was not an Ass and Terry a slipshod mong. A team need to be led by a purposeful manager who sees the game with utmost clarity not one who believes that each failure is simply a combination of bad luck and misfortune.

We have been badly managed by Wenger for several years now. Yes he has done well for us early on and we would not be the club we are with global recognition if he had not made the early star signings like Henry Pires et al, but even then a better manager would IMO have done greater things with these talents. He has taken advantage of our appreciation to entwine himself indistinguishably from the club. To a point where the club and he are essentially the same thing. This is the man who is now being portrayed as a VICTIM?. He craves and gets absolute control and after getting it should he be absolved from the crap team we now see before us. The club has been more than appreciative by paying him way beyond his peers or his talents. He simply needs to go. I have no doubt that even invisible Sam will see that he will gain nothing by keeping Wenger after this year and possibly will risk the essence and status of the club worldwide. Fans are disgruntled ALL OVER THE WORLD, not just on the stands. The advertisers know this too. Another calamitous year will not help our prospects when all those deals come up for renewal in a year or so. But imagine what those companies will think if Pep is acknowledged as taking over.

At least we wont be having a manager less astute than those currently at Swansea, Norwich and Bradford.

Deserves a reply. :gp:

I agree with much of what you say.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-12-2012, 03:20 PM
overheard a friend saying he wanted wenger to stay because we're a laughing stock and we wont win anything with him in charge.

we've become that team.

how embarrassing.

please get out now.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I think you've got me wrong. By focussing on Wenger, I am not excusing the board. At all. I don't happen to think that Wenger leaving will be a panacea for the club's ill's - because I simply don't trust the board or an owner who doesn't give a fuck about anything but increasing his balance sheet to a) make the right appointment as his successor, and b) provide him with the support he needs to bring the club to greatness. The 2 main driving forces behind the club - Danny Fizman and David Dein (whom I am describing as a driving force, not a saint), have gone, and what we are left with are toothless old men; a CEO puppet and a dyed in the wool corporate emperor who shouldn't have come anywhere near our club.

Its a nightmare.

But its a nightmare to which Wenger has contributed more than anyone else. He has clearly bought into the corporate imperative that now governs our club - I suspect as much because it cements his indespensibility to, and power over the club - because no other manager could deliver year on year profits in the manner that he has done.

And on the football side, Wenger has created a one man empire. A situation where he can indulge all of his schemes; fail to heed the most obvious of warning signs; peddle a methodology that is increasingly out of touch with the modern game and breed the current; anaemic; gutless bunch of prima donna's that stink up the pitch every other game. I don't blame Wenger principally for not winning silverware for so long. I blame him most of all for taking the resources that the club has, and spunking them up the wall on mediocre overpaid punts - while allowing his crown jewels to be sold year on year. The having teh audacity to blame the team's decline on the money coming into the game when we have the second highest revenues of any English club, and the fourth highest wage bill.

While this might coincide ideally with the aims of the money men to whom our club is beholden, the idea that AW does not direct, or at the very worst collude with this is utterly fanciful.

That wasn't a response to you, I was talking to the other guy who believes Wenger is to blame for every problem at the club. But most aren't talking in absolutes so I have no problems agreeing Wenger and the board (whether their motives are identical or not) effectively have the same practical ambitions. To keep the club near enough to the top with the focus on the finances rather than the football. Wenger views that as an achievement, which it is but unfortunately a considerably less impressive return than we've achieved in the past and unacceptable to the fans. Kroenke views it as the surest way to secure a return on investment, which it certainly is and fuck the fans.

The only problem with blaming Wenger for his weird footballing decisions is he's managed to land what the hierarchy at Arsenal considers to be the prize for over a decade, that coveted 4th place money spot. We can speculate our fortunes would be improved if Wenger changed his methods (and it's hard to see how things wouldn't improve from the fan's perspective) but if what he's doing is working year after year then this stubbornness he's accused of might just be another example of prudence and security. Why change a "winning" formula? Bearing in mind their version of winning is very different to ours.

I don't find any of it acceptable, nor do you. But we are fans and we know how much say that entitles us to in the grand scheme.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2012, 03:36 PM

You might classify statements of the obvious as wailing but the fact remains, there has been zero investment on the pitch. That's the reality. There has been impressive investment off the pitch that has strengthened the bottom line in financial terms but all those players that have been sold is the net result of decisions that could only have been taken at the most senior levels. That's not to confirm Wenger has been against these policies, maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. We don't know. But if we're talking about players (conveniently) leaving to pursue higher ambitions then it comes back to the lack of investment again. How would those ambitions be realistically achieved? By having better players. You can't do that with net zero investment. This has been the dominant factor in our slide from contenders to also-rans. Wenger's tactics don't help but by your own argument having better players might even have remedied these problems to a degree, as you very unfairly suggest was the case in the past. I suspect you weren't saying this at the time.

I still don't understand why people talk about dividends. The previous board didn't need dividends to cash in handsomely, did they? Nor will Kroenke when his turn arrives. Return on investment doesn't have to be delivered in the form of dividends.

Fist of Lehmann
14-12-2012, 03:57 PM
They don't take dividends yet.

Kroenke dodged the question at the recent AGM by saying: "That will be a decision for the board".

Globalgunner
14-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Bottom line is the board are not taking money out of the club. You can argue that no one is dipping their hands in their pockets to help the club, but how would that sit with our well advertised self sufficiency model. We spend what we have but spend it badly. We would be able to spend much more IF we didnt pay non contributing players exorbitant salaries. If we paid our players 100m instead of 140m then, there would be 40m more to either spend on new players OR pay Nasri..RVP about 120-160pw. The motivation of class players is easy to understand. First they want to get paid like their peers, THEN they want to have something to show for playing the game 20 years.

Wenger wants Cesc RVP to substitute their own dreams for helping him make his dreams come true. There is no way this can happen when agents are shoving options at the players. Gone are the days when clubs had players at their mercy.

The board are to blame for
1. selling out to SK and still staying as board members with literally NO say in the running of the club. This makes them toothless fools as all they do is sit in the boardroom and wait for instructions from Denver or wherever Kroenke lives.

2. Giving Wenger free rein in the club where he answers to NO-ONE as Stan does not give a jot about the successes or failures at the club. Essentially Wenger simply does as he likes dictates player sales, wages acquisitions. Simply they have again abdicated their responsibility to manage the club. In essence we are rudderless.

3. Someone at the club is lying as we always have 30-50m available at every window and Wenger has never complained that he has lacked for funds. I tend to believe Wenger who only buys "top, top" quality, when there is value in the market mind.

Kano
14-12-2012, 05:18 PM
even denilson won a trophy this week with sao paulo ffs

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 05:21 PM
even denilson won a trophy this week with sao paulo ffs

Denilson :bow:

Cripps_orig
14-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Hes been pretty good for them

Wenger :haha:

Kano
14-12-2012, 05:26 PM
except for those first three games and the fans saying they didn't want him to play for them again.

Kano
14-12-2012, 05:32 PM
I tend to believe Wenger who only buys "top, top" quality, when there is value in the market mind.
a quick look at his purchases over the past couple of seasons tells you that isn't true.

gooners
14-12-2012, 08:05 PM
but the fact remains, there has been zero investment on the pitch. That's the reality.

errm, wenger splashed 10 MILLION on koscielny -- an uncapped and previously french league 2 player!!

he also spent 12 MILLION on ger-fucking-vinho; if that is even his name!

i would say he has had enough resources do better (OR BEAT BRADFORD), non?

fakeyank
14-12-2012, 08:20 PM
errm, wenger splashed 10 MILLION on koscielny -- an uncapped and previously french league 2 player!!

he also spent 12 MILLION on ger-fucking-vinho; if that is even his name!

i would say he has had enough resources do better (OR BEAT BRADFORD), non?

Of course not! We just do not have the resources that Bradford has! Stan has raped the club since 2008. :rolleyes:

Frankly speaking, the hatred for Stan is just coz he is American. He is no worse than Glazer.. in fact, he is 100 times better since he hasnt saddled the club with debt like Glazers. Yet you see Utd winning titles after titles.. why? Their manager is a freaking genius who changes with the times and we have a retarded donkey.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Of course not! We just do not have the resources that Bradford has! Stan has raped the club since 2008. :rolleyes:

Frankly speaking, the hatred for Stan is just coz he is American. He is no worse than Glazer.. in fact, he is 100 times better since he hasnt saddled the club with debt like Glazers. Yet you see Utd winning titles after titles.. why? Their manager is a freaking genius who changes with the times and we have a retarded donkey.

Rubbish, the Russian is as equal hated. Only reason people want him is, because they seen Stan only cares about himself.

fakeyank
14-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Rubbish, the Russian is as equal hated. Only reason people want him is, because they seen Stan only cares about himself.

Never said there is no hatred for Russian :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Never said there is no hatred for Russian :lol:

You said he was hated cause he was American. Not sure you can compare him to the Glazers. This guy gas a history of doing what he has done to this club. Its proven with all his other ventures. Not sure why you try to paint him as sone sort of saint and victim in all this.

fakeyank
14-12-2012, 08:28 PM

Forget it Charlie :hug:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Forget it Charlie :hug:

No need to spit you dummy out.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-12-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20727303

- He says it's the first time Arsenal have been beaten by lower league opposition under his tenure, it's not....granted it's only happened once previously but still....LLLLLLIIIIIEEESSS!

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 08:46 PM

- He says it's the first time Arsenal have been beaten by lower league opposition under his tenure, it's not....granted it's only happened once previously but still....LLLLLLIIIIIEEESSS!

Wumger :haha:

gooners
14-12-2012, 09:33 PM

he talks about the club being united, yet he fails to admit that the result against bradford is unacceptable and even embarassing --- while the CEO admits it!

egomaniac, much?

Xhaka Can’t
15-12-2012, 10:04 AM

With Stan you have already ably demonstrated through your Colorado Avs post that you have not got a clue what you are talking about.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 10:50 AM
With Stan you have already ably demonstrated through your Colorado Avs post that you have not got a clue what you are talking about.