PDA

View Full Version : how considerable are these considerable funds?

Dicks and chicks
13-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Ivan has come out and said that wenger will have money to spend in january, but he hasn't actually put a figure on the amount?

-Xs-
13-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Depends if Theo goes or not...

Dicks and chicks
13-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Depends if Theo goes or not...

yes we need to balance the books

Özil's Panoramic View
13-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Fuck no, Ivan! Wenger can no longer be trusted with the club's resources. He must not be allowed to buy another useless pile of steaming turd.

Kano
13-12-2012, 08:12 AM
no money should be given to wenger in january

GP
13-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Over 9000!!!

Gervinho's Forehead
13-12-2012, 09:39 AM
in theory the "war chest" will be 5-10 Million LESS than what we sell Theo for.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Money isn't the issue. We lost to Bradford City!

Wenger just isn't skilled enough to out fox other managers and motivate our players. Even if we are working to a tight budget, he's not the guy we want at the helm.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Couldn't care less anymore how much we have to spend, it's fairly clear now the manager is the direct problem.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Over 9000!!!

¥. . .yay :dance:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Money isn't the issue. We lost to Bradford City!

Wenger just isn't skilled enough to out fox other managers and motivate our players. Even if we are working to a tight budget, he's not the guy we want at the helm.

no money should be given to wenger in january

Fuck no, Ivan! Wenger can no longer be trusted with the club's resources. He must not be allowed to buy another useless pile of steaming turd.

So your all happy with this sqaud till the summer ?

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:31 PM
no but wenger cannot and should not be trusted with any more cash.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 12:32 PM
no but wenger cannot and should not be trusted with any more cash.

So Should Ivan go out and buy the players? I've always believed managers should not be involved in transfer deals, always liked the Barca way.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2012, 12:38 PM
boo hoo. a £143m wage bill and apparently he's financially constrained :haha:

isnt that the joint 2nd highest wage bill in the league or something? where's the financial constraint in that?

also whoever wants wenger to spend £50m can play in the road. he'll spend it on shit like santos, chamakh, gervinho. no thanks.

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:39 PM
no because he'd consult wenger. deal with what we have and let aw leave in the summer. he's had enough to spend in the summer and look where we are now.

Power n Glory
13-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I want Wenger and the club to start planning for his retirement now so he's off in the summer.

LDG
13-12-2012, 12:41 PM
no because he'd consult wenger. deal with what we have and let aw leave in the summer. he's had enough to spend in the summer and look where we are now.

We just have to muddle through until summer IMO.

I seriously think Pep is on the way in....

LDG
13-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I want Wenger and the club to start planning for his retirement now so he's off in the summer.

:gp:

Pep :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 12:45 PM

If what i heard is true, then this is happening.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2012, 12:48 PM

His contract is up at the end of the next season, any discussion over extending it needs to be started fairly soon. Ideally we don't want begin next summer with his future up in the air, it's not going to look good for any potential signings and the current team if no one knows if the manager is committed beyond the remaining 12 months.

I reckon he's gone in the summer, might put a cheeky tenner on it.

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:52 PM
His contract is up at the end of the next season, any discussion over extending it needs to be started fairly soon. Ideally we don't want begin next summer with his future up in the air, it's not going to look good for any potential signings and the current team if no one knows if the manager is committed beyond the remaining 12 months.

I reckon he's gone in the summer, might put a cheeky tenner on it.
let's not forget that this happens almost every time his contract is up for renewal. it goes to the crunch, to even the last 6 months (I think) on one occasion. If this disaster of a season continues I cannot see how he can stick around.

although, we'll then have the issue of him hovering round upstairs.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2012, 12:53 PM

what makes you believe that.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 12:55 PM
If what i heard is true, then this is happening.

What have you heard?

Marc Overmars
13-12-2012, 01:00 PM
let's not forget that this happens almost every time his contract is up for renewal. it goes to the crunch, to even the last 6 months (I think) on one occasion. If this disaster of a season continues I cannot see how he can stick around.

although, we'll then have the issue of him hovering round upstairs.

That would suck because the new manager will have a hard enough job as it is without the shadow of Wenget hanging over him. I can see him back in France (maybe PSG) to take on some sort of non-managerial, but authoritative role.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:02 PM
What have you heard?

A friend on mine, is friends with the son of one of The directors at the club. He told his son Wenger was going upstairs end of the season,with Pep coming in as manager.

Kano
13-12-2012, 01:05 PM
seriously? which director.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:10 PM
seriously? which director.

They would not tell me. What i told you is all they told me.

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2012, 01:11 PM
So your all happy with this sqaud till the summer ?

No

And I doubt I'll be happy with the squad at the end of January either because I have no confidence Wenger will buy the right players and/or deploy them in the right manner.

Until he goes, stagnation is now the best we can hope for, and even that looks unlikely.

KSE Comedy Club
13-12-2012, 01:13 PM
A friend on mine, is friends with the son of one of The directors at the club. He told his son Wenger was going upstairs end of the season,with Pep coming in as manager.

My mates, cousins, best friends, brother is kronke's wife's hairdresser, and she said...
:lol:

But seriously Charlie, if that is true then it's fucking awesome news!

Kano
13-12-2012, 01:13 PM
They would not tell me. What i told you is all they told me.
without meaning to sound like a **** to you charlie but that sounds dubious at best.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:17 PM
My mates, cousins, best friends, brother is kronke's wife's hairdresser, and she said...
:lol:

But seriously Charlie, if that is true then it's fucking awesome news!

Trust me id not post this on a forum, knowing id get laughed at if i was making it up.

without meaning to sound like a **** to you charlie but that sounds dubious at best.

Oh not i don't blame you id someone said this to me on a forum id have thought they are taking the piss as well. When i see them next ill try and find out the name.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:18 PM
No

And I doubt I'll be happy with the squad at the end of January either because I have no confidence Wenger will buy the right players and/or deploy them in the right manner.

Until he goes, stagnation is now the best we can hope for, and even that looks unlikely.

Understandable.

Fist of Lehmann
13-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Interesting.

Spanish midgets and tiki-taka for next year?

LDG
13-12-2012, 02:23 PM
what makes you believe that.

I just think it's already a planned thing. Just the way it's all falling.

The board, whilst ****s aren't stupid. They won't be siging up Mark Hughes or something stupid. They'll go big when the time comes.

Wenger will certainly be consulted on it too. Which make Pep even more likley.

And I think Guardiola would like the set up here too.

It's pure speculation and fantasy on my part. Just a gut feeling :shrug:

Grebbo
13-12-2012, 02:33 PM
If there are considerable funds and it's not just the board spinning future income that can be spent now, we should go all out and try and convince Pep to become manager and give him the dosh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20705876

no money apparently :rolleyes: :haha:

Cripps_orig
13-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree Wenger shouldn't be trusted with more money but Pep is not the man for us. He's as bad as Wenger

Grebbo
13-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Tbf Pep did bottle it as soon as Mourinho came on the scene. Maybe he's not that great? He did after all have the greatest player of all time and possibly the greatest team of all time - not even Mark Hughes could fuck that job up.

We should go all out for Klopp then.