PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Reading

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Great first half and then we saw the real us with 2 goals conceded but Theo got the 5th

He was brilliant but the MOTM is Santi.

Gervinho's Forehead
17-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Nah sorry, not at all convinced, they were two very shitty goals to give away and they way they looked like deers in headlights after conceeding was pathetic.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Great first half and then we saw the real us with 2 goals conceded but Theo got the 5th
MOTM is Santi.

Yep think you said it best. not much more to say.

Syn
Nah sorry, not at all convinced, they were two very shitty goals to give away and they way they looked like deers in headlights after conceeding was pathetic.

You don't have to apologise at all. It's only yourself you're making miserable.

Yeah, shocker, the problems aren't fixed. But it was an entertaining game with a lot of goals and ended up being a comfortable win...so I quite enjoyed it.

Only 2 points off the prize now.

Cripps_orig
Today was going to convince no one regardless of if we conceded or not tbh

But like i said in the match thread, we dont have many things to cheer this season when it comes to Arsenal so the times we do and this is one, il do it. With 4th gone and midtable mediocrity pretty much confirmed, we have f all to play for so lets ust take each match as it comes and celebrate the wins

Xhaka Can’t
17-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Generally good, but a bit too unprofessional in the second half. That said, we got three points and looked like scoring on most attacks and that generated excitement that has been pretty much lacking all season.

Off to the beach soon.

Niall_Quinn
17-12-2012, 09:54 PM

He was brilliant but the MOTM is Santi.

Theo was in reality very average but Cazorla certainly was MOTM. Shame they took their foot off the gas and let Reading get a sniff.

Maestro
17-12-2012, 09:55 PM
that's the minimum to be expected, against the worst team in the league

GP
Pleased with that.

Reading are dreadful but they gave Man Utd far more problems than they gave us. We controlled it throughout.

Niall_Quinn
Jack battled well in the middle too and didn't get much protection from the ref.

Gervinho's Forehead

Yeah, shocker, the problems aren't fixed. But it was an entertaining game with a lot of goals and ended up being a comfortable win...so I quite enjoyed it.

I ain't making myself miserable it's the team and it's their job to put on proffessional performance for 90 minutes, but they can't do that can they? This is a result that might paper of the cracks (yet again) but I ain't buying it.

Joker
We saw the same old frailties again in the 2nd half. We looked comfortable, then one brain fart and suddenly the opposition appear as if they could get in behind the defence at every opportunity. This has happened so many times over the last 5 years and cost us so many points. I don't understand why we always seem to drop off the pace when in the lead, and are content to just pass it amongst ourselves. We've been bitten in the arse so often when employing that tactic you'd think Wenger would have learnt by now (obviously not).

Another thing to note is that Reading changed formation in the second half and went to a 4-5-1. If they started that way rather than with the naive 4-4-2, it would have much harder.

Overall, not convincing IMO. Yes, we scored 5 very good goals, but the way we almost let them back into the game doesn't bode well against better teams. On the bright side, Cazorla was excellent and Walcott did a great job up front, hopefully he continues there until he leaves in January.

Gervinho's Forehead
17-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Generally good, but a bit too unprofessional in the second half. That said, we got three points and looked like scoring on most attacks and that generated excitement that has been pretty much lacking all season.

Off to the beach soon.

You in Oz now?

Cripps_orig
Theo was in reality very average but Cazorla certainly was MOTM. Shame they took their foot off the gas and let Reading get a sniff.

We wpn and still wumming about Theo in a game he shuts his critics up again? Impressive

Olivier's xmas twist

Spot on, save the doom and gloom for a loss tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 09:57 PM
We wpn and still wumming about Theo in a game he shuts his critics up again? Impressive

wpn :bow:

Syn
17-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I ain't making myself miserable it's the team and it's their job to put on proffessional performance for 90 minutes, but they can't do that can they? This is a result that might paper of the cracks (yet again) but I ain't buying it.

What aren't you buying? That this result won't inspire us to achieve great things? How insightful.

Gervinho's Forehead
17-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Spot on, save the doom and gloom for a loss tbh.

Fine, I won't post my opinion.

McNamara That Ghost...
Arsenal. :bow:

Always rated them tbf.

Cazorla. :bow:

Joker

I don't understand how anyone can say Walcott was average. He was very good.

GP
17-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Thanks.

Olivier's xmas twist
We saw the same old frailties again in the 2nd half. We looked comfortable, then one brain fart and suddenly the opposition appear as if they could get in behind the defence at every opportunity. This has happened so many times over the last 5 years and cost us so many points. I don't understand why we always seem to drop off the pace when in the lead, and are content to just pass it amongst ourselves. We've been bitten in the arse so often when employing that tactic you'd think Wenger would have learnt by now (obviously not).

Another thing to note is that Reading changed formation in the second half and went to a 4-5-1. If they started that way rather than with the naive 4-4-2, it would have much harder.

Overall, not convincing IMO. Yes, we scored 5 very good goals, but the way we almost let them back into the game doesn't bode well against better teams. On the bright side, Cazorla was excellent and Walcott did a great job up front, hopefully he continues there until he leaves in January.

Tbf Jack slippef for their 1st goal, no tactic was going to change that.

Gervinho's Forehead
What aren't you buying? That this result won't inspire us to achieve great things? How insightful.

Did I say that?

Believe me I would have really enjoyed it had the same shit not appeared in the second half but no there it was, it happens all to often.

GP

Mmm, Individual mistake and a slip. One of those things.

Xhaka Can’t
You in Oz now?

Yep. Off to St. Kilda in a few minutes.

Second full day here and I've been up since 4 am.

I'm more all over the place than Ramsey

Joker

You're spot on tbh, I wouldn't read too much into this performance against what was a very poor Reading side.

Letters
17-12-2012, 10:00 PM
:doh:

Did you think we were suddenly going to look like Barca? Sheesh, cheer up ffs. Reading are awful but we desperately needed to win and we did. One game doesn't fix anything but it was a good result when we needed one. Good.

Gervinho's Forehead
Thanks.

No problem, ya WUM.

Cripps_orig

Its NQ

He has never praised Theo no matter how good hes been hence his opinion is laughed at

Olivier's xmas twist

Never said you should not. We won, just enjoy it. We all know the team has problems, like Ach said no one was going to bee convinced. Like i said in the match thread, its good have we played in the 1st half but we need to do it more often.

Kano
great from jack and santa along with a very good performance from theo too. good win, much needed.

Niall_Quinn
17-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Nobody is wpn'ing the guy needs 10 chances before he does anything useful.

Cripps_orig
He wouldnt have got the ball anyway

Olivier's xmas twist
Mmm, Individual mistake and a slip. One of those things.

Yep. I enjoyed the game anyways. Not saying we can't improve but won't be glum like some tbh.

Master Splinter
17-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Cazorla :bow:.

Wilshere :bow:.

Spanish midgets :bow:.

Podolski efficient. Oxo and Theo lively and dangerous.

Can't wait to play Reading again.

GP
Theo was fine today.

Not great, but not terrible either. Needs to be a bit more clinical, though.

Joker
Nobody is wpn'ing the guy needs 10 chances before he does anything useful.

He only missed one clear cut opportunity. Overall he held the ball up well, made the right decisions when passing the ball and his runs behind were intelligent.

Power n Glory
Enjoyable to watch, entertaining and playing like the old Arsenal. Fluid passing movement and fast attacks! Still a long way to go but that should be some encouragement.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Did I say that?

Believe me I would have really enjoyed it had the same shit not appeared in the second half but no there it was, it happens all to often.
man utd defending is shocking - they let in three at this ground. the difference is, they will outscore the opposition and their front 4/5 click, whilst ours don't. defending is shocking in the prem at the mo so don't concentrate too much on that. hammer us if we hadn't of won.

Maestro
Yep. Off to St. Kilda in a few minutes.

Second full day here and I've been up since 4 am.

I'm more all over the place than Ramsey

get your didgeridoo out GB, we won

Niall_Quinn

Probably had something to do with the sitters he missed as usual.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Theo was fine today.

Not great, but not terrible either. Needs to be a bit more clinical, though.

Spot on. He was not Brilliant he was fine.

Injury Time
that's the minimum to be expected, against the worst team in the league
Yeah we only beat the shit teams 5-2 ;)

Kano
not in front of the kids, like.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Enjoyable to watch, entertaining and playing like the old Arsenal. Fluid passing movement and fast attacks! Still a long way to go but that should be some encouragement.

:gp:

Pretty much.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Spot on. He was not Brilliant he was fine.
his movement did create a lot of space and stretch their defence by pushing them deeper. the most promising thing was the movement between the front 5 who were switching positions with ease. shite opposition of course but good habits to develop.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:08 PM
:doh:

Did you think we were suddenly going to look like Barca? Sheesh, cheer up ffs. Reading are awful but we desperately needed to win and we did. One game doesn't fix anything but it was a good result when we needed one. Good.

Moan when we lose, moan when we win. Despite people saying we'd lose then moane when we win. Only on GW.

Gervinho's Forehead
17-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Moan when we lose, moan when we win. Despite people saying we'd lose then moane when we win. Only on GW.

That's not fair, my reaction is based on the season as a whole, not just this on match.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:10 PM
his movement did create a lot of space and stretch their defence by pushing them deeper. the most promising thing was the movement between the front 5 who were switching positions with ease. shite opposition of course but good habits to develop.

True, like i said he did well but was not world class today. No one can say he was poor.

Joker
17-12-2012, 10:11 PM

No one's moaning, just expressing concern at the poor defending displayed in the 2nd half. Offensively it was a good performance.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:11 PM
True, like i said he did well but was not world class today. No one can say he was poor.
definitely deserves another shot there against wigan although you never know what plan wenger has up his sleeve next.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Cazorla has nearly had his best goalscoring season already.

Premier League indeed. :lol:

fakeyank
17-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Vinegar has turned it around :bow:

Maestro
17-12-2012, 10:15 PM
training sessions

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 10:15 PM
You have to admit, that's the first time since Liverpool we have played like an Arsenal side. Both Wilshere and Neville said it. We still have far to go but I hope Wenger sticks with that team and keeps it going.

Good analysis from Neville on Theo as well. He's difficult to mark, great touches and passes today.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Cazorla has already had his best goalscoring season.

ten goals is a very good return so far, helpful with one man upfront. if he can learn to ghel it up a bit then we can have a slightly less better version of cesc.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:17 PM
definitely deserves another shot there against wigan although you never know what plan wenger has up his sleeve next.

Why not if he plays like that.

No one's moaning, just expressing concern at the poor defending displayed in the 2nd half. Offensively it was a good performance.

Fair point.

That's not fair, my reaction is based on the season as a whole, not just this on match.
I know it is, but come on did you really expect us to play like Barca. Its going to take long before the team clicks etc. Like Ach said best to enjoy these wins.

Power n Glory
17-12-2012, 10:17 PM
training sessions

:lol: Bullshit!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-12-2012, 10:18 PM
ten goals is a very good return so far, helpful with one man upfront. if he can learn to ghel it up a bit then we can have a slightly less better version of cesc.

Actually, he might not have (I think Wiki are getting carried away) but anyway, I am sure he will beat it fairly soon.

And yes get him trained up to be more of a thug.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Cazorla has nearly had his best goalscoring season already.

Santi :bow: when he plays to his best he is unplayable.

Maestro
17-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Margaret Neville is actually a good pundit

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Margaret Neville is actually a good pundit

Him and Hansen are the best in the world at what they do

Özim
17-12-2012, 10:45 PM
What defence? :lol:

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Fair play!

Özim
17-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Nice win tonight, good to get a few goals, Cazorla the architect behind the win and a good confidence boost for us.

Games like this convince me we'll end up getting 4th, there's not really top quality teams challenging for that spot so I reckon we'll secure it. I do think that will mask our problems in Wengers eyes however and if we win a couple more games this December I reckon he'll adjust his January spending accordingly and we might not see the kind of players we want to come in arrive.

Kano
17-12-2012, 10:50 PM
that is the worry. gerv going to ACON might help swing it for him and there is good news that Henry may not be coming after all. we can't spend too big in jan because the best options aren't available but we should be strengthening upfront and in CM at least.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice win tonight, good to get a few goals, Cazorla the architect behind the win and a good confidence boost for us.

Games like this convince me we'll end up getting 4th, there's not really top quality teams challenging for that spot so I reckon we'll secure it. I do think that will mask our problems in Wengers eyes however and if we win a couple more games this December I reckon he'll adjust his January spending accordingly and we might not see the kind of players we want to come in arrive.

I doubt on th basis of a few games he won't sign players. 4th is not as easy as it use to be. We can't take that we will get it for granted cause the other teams are poor. Tonight showed we need to improve.

Think it will take more then a few wins for us not to sign anyone. Guess it depends on Theo staying or going, who else goes out the club. Think we will see some signing's in Jan. Can see either KJH or Bar or Llorente coming in tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:04 PM
that is the worry. gerv going to ACON might help swing it for him and there is good news that Henry may not be coming after all. we can't spend too big in jan because the best options aren't available but we should be strengthening upfront and in CM at least.

Really good if true. We deffo need those 2 you say just so we have quality back up.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-12-2012, 11:13 PM
theo up front made us lighting quick.

a quick little fucker who scares the shit out of defenders.

notice how we tried playing quickly all game instead of slowing the tempo down with that tippy tappy tosh. we were menacing all game.

scored a good goal too.

others around him constantly running trying to create different angles and playing little triangles around their defence. we need more of that.

in true wenget style he'll drop him for the weekend and we'll be utter crap again.

gunnerrrrr
17-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Theo up front changes everything.

With Giroud, we keep going tippy tappy and then going out wide for our fullbacks to keep putting in shit crosses. Our whole build up play becomes slow and convulsive.

Whilist i appreciate we played Reading, it is not the first time i have noticed how our game changes when Theo plays down the middle. We suddanly come alive and attack the opposition down the spine of their team.

Theo scares the back four shitless due to his pace, much like Henry used to, and then when you have your creative players running in between its havoc.

I hope Wenger has the bottle to keep Theo in the middle.....our whole style is based upon having a lightening quick player up top and not a slow oaf.

With RVP we changed due to his brilliance, but before that even with Ade his pace and Cesc etc balls down the middle were devestating.

Bigger tests to come, but i for one hope to never see a starting eleven again with Ramsey, Gervhinio and Giroud all in the same team.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2012, 11:22 PM
on the performance…The target was to win and we won in a convincing way. You can only give one answer - on the pitch. Success came with the quality of our game.on what was pleasing…We played and didn’t bother about the rest. We focused on the quality of our game and played. I think it was in continuity of the game we played gainst West Brom. That’s what we did again tonight.on Cazorla’s performance…Santi Cazorla is a top-class player and he just illustrates that he’s a good buy.on using Walcott as a striker…If you look at my statements two years ago, I said he will play in the middle. I think slowly it became his idea as well. I felt it was a good opportunity to do it tonight. On what I’ve seen in training, I thought he was ready to do it.on if Walcott will play up front against Wigan…I don’t know yet. It’s too early to say that just after the game.on how well the team can do…I don’t know. What I believe is our ambition is to finish as high as we can and win our next game. That’s all we can do - that and focus on the quality of our football. The game is based on movement and technical quality and that demands freedom of initiative. When you’re in a crisis, of course that suffers a little bit sometimes. We have to go beyond that and focus on the way we want to play football.on if Arsenal were in a crisis…It depends what you call a crisis. If you call a crisis being slaughtered by everybody, we’re in a super crisis.on finding out about his team…In any bad thing, there is always a good thing. I don’t complain because, in our job, you need to be mentally strong and therefore it’s always a test when you’re in a position like we were in. I just wanted to say that in 16 years, we have lost one time against a team from a lower division. Our record in the last 16 years is still the best in any cup game compared to any other team in England. We were of course not happy with what happened, and very disillusioned. There’s only one answer to give - to play well [in the] next game. on a nervous 10 minutes during the second half…Yes, you’re right. We were under a lot of tension before the game. We thought subconsciously it was done at 4-0 and at 4-2, I saw your headlines coming! Fortunately we scored the fifth goal. on what the result does for the team…Our run in the Premier League is not as bad recently because we had beaten Tottenham, we had gone to Villa and Everton - two difficult places to go. After, we had one bad game, against Swansea. Then we beat West Brom, came here and won. We’ve only lost one of the last six games. But once you start in the middle, every [time you don’t] win, it becomes highlighted. The run in the last six games in the Premier League is not fantastic, but not disastrous either. Isn't that our 2nd defeat to a lower league team and not first?

Master Splinter
17-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "At 4-0 we had a little wobbling period, and at 4-2 of course with what happened last week we became a bit uncertain before the 5-2 killed the game.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20662098

:haha:

on if Arsenal were in a crisis…

It depends what you call a crisis. If you call a crisis being slaughtered by everybody, we’re in a super crisis.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-won-in-a-convincing-way

:haha:

WUMger :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-12-2012, 11:55 PM
1st time we won back to back games in the league since the pool game i think.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Jack battled well in the middle too and didn't get much protection from the ref.

What do you expect? He doesnt play for UTD. . .(yet)

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks.

Sorry. . .but I had to laugh

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Expect Santa headlines on the backpages tomorrow.

GP
18-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Sorry. . .but I had to laugh

Understandable, for I am not only handsome, but a funny fucker.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:18 AM

Havent seen the game but I have seen enough of Reading to know that toilet and I know that we still cant do the same to the likes of Utd but when I learn more about how we played in the first half. . .I get so frustrated about why we can play like that more often.

There is a lot of potential in this group of players, when they click they can be devastating but we just dont do it with any kind of consistency, we leak a goal and doubt sets in. We are still a few pieces short and I am not predicating league domination but we could become much more relevant

Boss
18-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Santi Claus (they've already started) :bow: :bow:

Only watched the second half but looked pretty decent, was very impressed with the way we attacked. Can't say much but if Walcott up front was as good as you guys say then hopefully we commit to letting him play there and he signs da ting. Given that our first two goals were from pacy crosses I'd like to see some variation of a Giroud-Theo partnership up top with Podolski and Chamberlain on the wings, could work well for us.

On to the next one.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Understandable, for I am not only handsome, but a funny fucker.

Actually it was the fact that you are funny at fucking that I was laughing at

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:24 AM
man utd defending is shocking - they let in three at this ground. the difference is, they will outscore the opposition and their front 4/5 click, whilst ours don't. defending is shocking in the prem at the mo so don't concentrate too much on that. hammer us if we hadn't of won.

Although I hate to say anything positive about another team, Utd never give up or take the foot off the gas. . . .they go for the juggler and end up taking out the whole neck. . .we are not ruthless enough at times

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Best way to pull a wombat. . . .apparantly

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah we only beat the shit teams 5-2 ;)

Spurs are SHIT no matter what. . .WORD

DJ Philosophe
18-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Well done lads! Feels good to say that!

OOOO SANTI CAZORLA! :scarf:

On to Wigan....let's get some consistency and keep the run going!

up the arse
18-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Expect Santa headlines on the backpages tomorrow.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 12:59 AM

Zimm on the optimism tip :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2012, 01:00 AM
On that Sun link: Eurgh I am so sick of seeing 'papering over the cracks' written, as if it would be better to lose every game until we have the best team in the league or something.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Didn't see the game but followed in the match thread. A good win, a much needed one too. Couldn't take another embarrassing loss to a group of non-footballers.

A travesty that we let 2 in, but alas our defence reminded us that we're watching an Arsenal game. Good thing we had the firepower to see off these nobodies.

Good team selection from Lord Wenger, though he did bring on Ramsey which put us 2% away from a fuck up.

Master Splinter
18-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Utd never give up or take the foot off the gas. . . .they go for the juggler

Yeah, Fergie hates variety acts.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Theo up front changes everything.

With Giroud, we keep going tippy tappy and then going out wide for our fullbacks to keep putting in shit crosses. Our whole build up play becomes slow and convulsive.

Whilist i appreciate we played Reading, it is not the first time i have noticed how our game changes when Theo plays down the middle. We suddanly come alive and attack the opposition down the spine of their team.

Theo scares the back four shitless due to his pace, much like Henry used to, and then when you have your creative players running in between its havoc.

I hope Wenger has the bottle to keep Theo in the middle.....our whole style is based upon having a lightening quick player up top and not a slow oaf.

With RVP we changed due to his brilliance, but before that even with Ade his pace and Cesc etc balls down the middle were devestating.

Bigger tests to come, but i for one hope to never see a starting eleven again with Ramsey, Gervhinio and Giroud all in the same team.

I really don't mind Giroud and I am not a Theo lover especially when it comes to his contribution from the wing or his problem with consistency but I am willing to see what he can do in the centre and if we can change things up a bit even play alongside Big Sexy........I think we should have another option to the same formation we seem to line up like every week.

Grebbo
18-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Brave team selection from Arsene. Who'd of guessed our front three was going to be Pod, Walcott and Ox??

Usual fuck ups in defence but that's never going to change unless we buy new defenders.

It would be so good to see what a fit Diaby could do in that midfield.

GP
18-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Actually it was the fact that you are funny at fucking that I was laughing at

Everyone says that :(

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Everyone says that :(

:console: its all about the hips ;)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-12-2012, 09:49 AM
now he's played theo up front and its been a success you can forget about buying a striker in jan.

stan will be delighted at another money saving move.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 10:14 AM
The fact that Chamakh has had virtually zero opportunity must mean he is off, which leaves us one lighter. We must be in the market for another, whether Theo has been discovered or not. . .surely

Grebbo
18-12-2012, 10:38 AM
We'll probably go for Ba. Decent buy if we do.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Just switched on the telly to watch the rerun didnt see the game and its already the 85th min. . .

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Saw this on Sky:

He scores with his left, He scores with his right, He'll score with his head even though he lacks height... Santi Cazorla's coming, to town.

:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Arsenal fans :bow: best in the world at what they do :clap:

Fist of Lehmann
18-12-2012, 02:08 PM
When talking about walcott_up_front (wuf) it's important to bear in mind his greatest advantage - he isn't Gervinho. This automatically puts him above anyone who is Gervinho, particularly Gervinho himself, who is totally Gervinho.

By a more objective measure he has been okay. In a couple of appearances he has scored a couple of goals, both late +1's. Had a chance to score a more significant goal last night, but Gervinhoed a straightforward one-on-one.

Kano
18-12-2012, 02:31 PM
tbf and as crazy as it sounds, that fifth goal was pretty important. another slip at the back and a third for them would've sparked complete panic stations. even away from the goal, his pace impacted on the team in a very positive way.

Fist of Lehmann
18-12-2012, 03:17 PM
tbf and as crazy as it sounds, that fifth goal was pretty important. another slip at the back and a third for them would've sparked complete panic stations. even away from the goal, his pace impacted on the team in a very positive way.

I think you could make a case either way for the significance of the 5th goal. I personally don't think Reading had enough to stage a comeback or to keep us out if required. Watching it back, you realise that it was a lot more comfortable than it felt at the time.

For me it says a lot more about our defensive retardedness that we can still shit ourselves 2 goals ahead of dogshit opposition.

The Ogg Monster
18-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Good.

Kano
18-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I think you could make a case either way for the significance of the 5th goal. I personally don't think Reading had enough to stage a comeback or to keep us out if required. Watching it back, you realise that it was a lot more comfortable than it felt at the time.

For me it says a lot more about our defensive retardedness that we can still shit ourselves 2 goals ahead of dogshit opposition.
given our ability to not only come back from 4-0 down but also go 4-0 up and screw things up, i wouldn't put anything past us. i still have no idea how we have conceded less than most others in the league or how long it will remain like that but in a league of shite defending at least we can claim to be 'better' shite than others. not much to shout about i know but small mercies are needed anywhere they can be found at the moment.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 04:49 PM
now he's played theo up front and its been a success you can forget about buying a striker in jan.

stan will be delighted at another money saving move.

What makes you think Theo would want to stay? Though it be daft for AW to play him there and sell him off a few weeks later.

I think a striker will come in thoughm regardless of Theo staying or going, especially with TITI not coming in Jan.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I really don't mind Giroud and I am not a Theo lover especially when it comes to his contribution from the wing or his problem with consistency but I am willing to see what he can do in the centre and if we can change things up a bit even play alongside Big Sexy........I think we should have another option to the same formation we seem to line up like every week.

Giroud is ok and you can see is settling in. Once he does he'll be fab, we just need to give him time, like we have needed to give the team time to gel.

fakeyank
18-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Giroud is ok and you can see is settling in. Once he does he'll be fab, we just need to give him time, like we have needed to give the team time to gel.

I like Giroud too. I think he will do much better with another striker with him. He has very good pace for a big oaf and also makes brilliant runs. Needs to sharpen his finishing a bit but he looks like a real prospect to me.

Letters
18-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Naaaa, naa naa, na na naa naa, na na naa naa, Giroud

Macca :bow:

GP
18-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Maccy :bow:

Master Splinter
18-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I like Giroud too. I think he will do much better with another striker with him. He has very good pace for a big oaf and also makes brilliant runs. Needs to sharpen his finishing a bit but he looks like a real prospect to me.

He's actually lamentably slow at times, but anyone watching the games properly will see that we have played better (yesterday aside) with him in the side. He's a new player in a struggling team who's been in and out of the side. I think he has the joint most assists too. Even in that turgid match against Villa, he created three good chances for teammates. WUMger inexplicably dropped him against Swansea when he was finally getting a consistent run in the team.

Master Splinter
18-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Is that to the melody of Here Comes the Hotstepper?

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Giroud is ok and you can see is settling in. Once he does he'll be fab, we just need to give him time, like we have needed to give the team time to ghel.

I agree

Japan Shaking All Over
18-12-2012, 10:25 PM

Birdy Song isn't it?

GP
18-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Birdy Song isn't it?

What a tit.

Özim
18-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Macca :bow:
I prefer chim-chimeney, chim-chimeney, chim-chim Giroud tbh

Syn
18-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Stuck in the middle Giroud.

-Xs-
18-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Stuck in the middle Giroud.

With Ramsey and Gervinho in the squad, there really are clowns to the left and jokers to the right...

Özim
18-12-2012, 11:54 PM
:lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 12:35 AM
its amazing how 3 points can make you feel better the following day.

3 points on saturday and we go into 3rd.

crisis :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
19-12-2012, 06:32 AM
What a tit.

Blue or Great?

Gervinho's Forehead
19-12-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNQuX9ujMk

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 11:56 AM
its amazing how 3 points can make you feel better the following day.

3 points on saturday and we go into 3rd.

crisis :bow:

Or was it the media making it worse then it was?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 12:06 PM
our worst start ever in premier league.

i think it was us.

SayNoMore
19-12-2012, 12:51 PM
our worst start ever in premier league.

i think it was us.

Dont let the facts detract from the media conspiracy against us!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Dont let the facts detract from the media conspiracy against us!

Did i say there was a media conspiracy against us?

SayNoMore
19-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Did i say there was a media conspiracy against us?

Did i say you did? No.