PDA

View Full Version : Flash ! Flash ! Flash ! Flash ! Flash !

Alpha
19-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine who is an official at TP Mazembe in the Congo . He confirmed that Arsenal is in advance talks with them to sign a defender called Sunzu Stoppila who plays for TP Mazembe of Democratic Republic of Congo . He is of Zambian origin . He can play as a defender or defensive midfielder . He is just like Tiote of Newcastle . The player himself has confirmed the news in an interview .

GP
19-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine who is an official at TP Mazembe in the Congo .

:lol:

Sure

Kano
19-12-2012, 06:24 PM
his wiki page had an arsenal entry a couple days back but that has since been deleted.

great title.

Syn
19-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Not the Sunzu Stopilla?!

Seriously who gives a fuck.

GTFO. Beta as fuck.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Tbh we need to sign this guy for his name alone. Awesome :haha:

GP
19-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Godzilla :bow:

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Big fan of Zambian football. Think he'll do well here

Alpha
19-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Sure
It is just a news I have got which involved Arsenal and I thought I could share with other people . Do you find anything wrong with it ?

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Big fan of Zambian football. Think he'll do well here

:haha:

Who's the national teams best player?

Who's the best team in the league.

Alpha
19-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Not the Sunzu Stopilla?!

Seriously who gives a fuck.

GTFO. Beta as fuck.
You could have said the same with Drogba , Roger Mila , Abedi Pele , Samuel Eto'o , Yaya Toure , Michael Essien or even Wanyama . Africa has some very good players . You will never know how good they are until you sign them and give them a chance . A name means nothing . It is the player who makes their name famous . when we signed Eboue at the expense of Yaya Toure we thought we got the better player but now Arsenal wish they could have turned back the time and get Yaya Toure instead .

Globalgunner
19-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Next thing we will be signing a striker called Accurate Scorasin. or Gervinho...Oh wait?

Kano
19-12-2012, 07:32 PM
You could have said the same with Drogba , Roger Mila , Abedi Pele , Samuel Eto'o , Yaya Toure , Michael Essien or even Wanyama . Africa has some very good players . You will never know how good they are until you sign them and give them a chance . A name means nothing . It is the player who makes their name famous . when we signed Eboue at the expense of Yaya Toure we thought we got the better player but now Arsenal wish they could have turned back the time and get Yaya Toure instead .
you sort of have a point but nearly all those guys were picked out as teens and started their early careers in france/spain. back when we signed eboue, we had no idea how good toure was either. this guy could be good but it seems like a huge jump from african league football to premiership every week. he's early 20's so it wouldn't be a long term project thing. but i think it's bullshit anyway, almost pointless rumour.

Joker
19-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Great signing if true.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Seems to be a few calls to sign him from gooners. Lots od positivity too.

http://www.fazfootball.com/news/article/121217/Sunzu_linked_with_Premiership_giants

Özim
19-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I think Chipolopolo might offer him a new contract to try and keep him, starting to worry this deal might not happen now.

This guy is a must get, he'll be our most successful player if we get him and his experience in winning trophies will be vital as we close in on the title this season, he's won the Zambian Super League with Zanaco, the Congolese Super League, The CAF Champions League and the CAF Super Cup with TP Mazembe before he won the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations with Zambia.

He's won it all really, would be a real coup for Wenger, all the top clubs are after him, Al-Ahly, Zamalek FC, Canon Yaounde etc

Letters
19-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Africa :lol:

Awlful continent.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 10:09 PM
you got this off twitter and only twitter.

i believe it was alex who started the rumour.

pot chance its correct.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Awlful continent.

Racist :coffee:

GP
19-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Awlful continent.

P'n'G is gonna be right on your case for that.

Alpha
21-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Zambian international Felix Stoppila Sunzu, 23, has reportedly chosen to sign for Reading, despite interest from Arsenal. The striker will travel to England to sign his new contract after a forthcoming international against Tanzania.

Özim
21-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Zambian international Felix Stoppila Sunzu, 23, has reportedly chosen to sign for Reading, despite interest from Arsenal. The striker will travel to England to sign his new contract after a forthcoming international against Tanzania.
:haha:

GP
21-12-2012, 06:05 PM

Apology accepted.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 06:17 PM

ARSENAL are set to sign defender Stoppila Sunzu.

The Zambian international, 23, will hold talks with the Gunners next week.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4707986/Stoppila-Sunzu-heading-to-Arsenal.html#ixzz2FiBlEswH

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4707986/Stoppila-Sunzu-heading-to-Arsenal.html#ixzz2FiBlEswH

Injury Time
21-12-2012, 06:43 PM
pfft we'll get trumped by Bradford <_<

Özim
21-12-2012, 07:12 PM
The Sun is known for it's BS though.

Either way it's either :haha: for getting beaten to his signature by Reading

OR

:haha: for signing this clown

The only thing this Stoppila fella will stop is our transfer spending :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 11:58 PM
The Sun is known for it's BS though.

Either way it's either :haha: for getting beaten to his signature by Reading

OR

:haha: for signing this clown

The only thing this Stoppila fella will stop is our transfer spending :lol:

Why be so rude, you don't even know the guy to insult him like that, just because he is not the £50 million pound signing you want don't mean you need to call him names.

Marc Overmars
22-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing him play.

GP
22-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Why be so rude, you don't even know the guy to insult him like that, just because he is not the £50 million pound signing you want don't mean you need to call him names.

To be fair, he is named like a Pokemon.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 10:38 AM
To be fair, he is named like a Pokemon.

However is their a need to attack the bloke like that, just cause he is not world class.

GP
22-12-2012, 10:44 AM

However is their a need to attack the bloke like that, just cause he is not world class.

He will be when he evolves.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 10:50 AM
He will be when he evolves.

Master Splinter
22-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I bet GP prefers Pokemon White.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-12-2012, 10:59 AM

:lol: we cant even beat reading to the signing of a zambian player.

mcdermott>wenger.

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Please god let us not sign this clown :pray:

We need quality not unknowns again, Africa isn't known for producing quality defenders.

If this is AW's idea of super super quality, I really don't know what to say.

Joker
22-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if we did sign him, it would be one of Wenger's greatest WUMs of all time.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-12-2012, 11:54 AM
if we finish 3rd this year wenger is the best manager in the league.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Please god let us not sign this clown :pray:

We need quality not unknowns again, Africa isn't known for producing quality defenders.

If this is AW's idea of super super quality, I really don't know what to say.

Again, what gives you the right to call him a clown, when he is a muvh better footballer then you will ever be.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we did sign him, it would be one of Wenger's greatest WUMs of all time.

Great signing if true.

Make ya mind up, or you just wumming as ususal.

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Again, what gives you the right to call him a clown, when he is a muvh better footballer then you will ever be.
IMO he's a clown and I pray we don't sign him, I don't play football professionally so it's not a fair comparison.

Does anyone seriously want us to sign this nobody? Can't believe we're still interested in players like this, we should be signing quality, we never seem to learn (if this rumour is indeed true).

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 12:30 PM
IMO he's a clown and I pray we don't sign him, I don't play football professionally so it's not a fair comparison.

Have you seen him play to make that judgement? Fair enough he is not what we need but to call him a clown is harsh. Just say i think we can do better.

Sorry if it seems im having a go im not.

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Have you seen him play to make that judgement?
To be honest he's a nobody so I doubt anyone has, he's never played in a decent league either so that's enough for me to come to the concluson we absolutely shouldn't sign him.

At best he'll take at least a couple years to be any good, at worst he'll have no positional sense and will defend like a clown......we shouldn't be taking a chance end of.

African teams are known for their offensive skills but defensively they're not reknowned for quality defending and organisation at the back.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 12:44 PM
To be honest he's a nobody so I doubt anyone has, he's never played in a decent league either so that's enough for me to come to the concluson we absolutely shouldn't sign him.

At best he'll take at least a couple years to be any good, at worst he'll have no positional sense and will defend like a clown......we shouldn't be taking a chance end of.

African teams are known for their offensive skills but defensively they're not reknowned for quality defending and organisation at the back.

Like our captain has all season.

Oh and he is not a defender btw.

Özim
22-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Yes exactly, we have enough of them.

Yes he is, he's a centre back/Defensive midfielder, so he's a defender by all intents and purposes.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/20/reading-outbid-arsenal-in-the-race-for-zambian-defender-stoppila-sunzu-3325841/

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 12:48 PM

A little bit of self ownage there, Charles?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:17 PM
A little bit of self ownage there, Charles?

My point was you can find poor CB's in any league not just in his league.

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:37 PM
My point was you can find poor CB's in any league not just in his league.
and that's relevant because?

Fact is Africa isn't known for producing great defenders, this guy is also unknown, why waste our time and money on someone like that...just go out and sign someone proven FFS.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:38 PM
and that's relevant because?

Fact is Africa isn't known for producing great defenders, this guy is also unknown, why waste our time and money on someone like that...just go out and sign someone proven FFS.

Like who?

Özim
22-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Like who?
Chiellini, Hummels someone of that quality..anybody of that quality, we could have signed Cahill a while back for example there's quality if you pay for it

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Chiellini, Hummels someone of that quality..anybody of that quality, we could have signed Cahill a while back for example there's quality if you pay for it

Germans :bow:

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Have to disagree with Zimm here.

This dude is awesome. Seen him play many times