22-12-2012, 02:39 PM
We are shit, no shit. :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
22-12-2012, 02:39 PM
We're 3rd.

Yay :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Meh not the best perfomance, but who cares. 3 points is 3 points. 3rd game run in a row. Bring on the next team.

fakeyank
Only 6 points behind city.. juss sayin'

Cripps_orig
Are we the worst 3rd place side of all time?

We must be surely.

We have been horrific this season. The fact we are 3rd shows how shit this league is.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:42 PM

We must be surely.

We have been horrific this season. The fact we are 3rd shows how shit this league is.

We may just be but for today we celebrate 3 points.

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Poor performance, fortunate win.

We'll sign the African and then shut up shop for January.

Newguy
22-12-2012, 02:44 PM
We got the win, i just realised that this puts us third, so it makes sense now where the nervy performance came from loooool had this been for anything more than a faux third place I'm sure we would have conceeded loool

Wilshere and Ox battled well. If arteta and cazorla worked as hard as Jack we would have been a lot more comfortable.

Olivier's xmas twist
Poor performance, fortunate win.

We'll sign the African and then shut up shop for January.

AWW another Arsenal win upset you, runined your Xmas. Shame.

GP
Jack is brilliant.

Ox too.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Saying Arsenal is shit is a bit redundant these days

That said, elated for the 3 points :scarf:

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Nice wumming :coffee:

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 02:46 PM
3 points but a bad showing from a lot of players. Arteta and Cazorla were bad. Jack worked hard as usual but wasn't much better on attack. Walcott..hit and miss. Same for Ox, Pod was anonymous as usual. But as said before, it's about the midfield today and they didn't work hard enough with or without the ball. We gave away possession with sloppy passes and the middle three were the worst culprits. Pisses me off how we can show so much desire and pride in one game and then switch off totally for the next!

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 02:46 PM
We got the win, i just realised that this puts us third, so it makes sense now where the nervy performance came from loooool had this been for anything more than a faux third place I'm sure we would have conceeded loool

Wilshere and Ox battled well. If arteta and cazorla worked as hard as Jack we would have been a lot more comfortable.

Depressing that in the era of Spanish domination, we end up the the worst two.

Letters
22-12-2012, 02:47 PM

We must be surely.

It is an awful league this year. Top 2 apart, no-one is looking any good.
Reading and Wigan away are 2 games we really should be winning but with our form this season it's far from guaranteed.
2 important wins this week and with the Boxing Day game postponed Arsenal can't spoil Christmas for us.

Overall:
:patrice:

Master Splinter
Excellent away win in tough conditions against a determined team.

Grit, determination, spirit, belief, heart, honesty, bravery, Ramsey.

Oxo was the only forward player who produced anything decent.

Wilshere, Sagna and Mertesacker did very well. Szczesny has been quietly impressive recently.

3 wins in a row. Another clean sheet. It's on.

Joker
Really poor performance on the whole and an undeserved win. If Wigan had 2 wingers who could actually cross the ball they would have had at least a couple of goals. Then there were Kone's 2 great opportunities that he spurned.

The goal was fortuitous as well, I didn't think it was a penalty, just an accidental tangle of legs. Wigan's shout for a penalty right at the end for handball looked much credible but thankfully the referee was shit in our favour today (like the WBA game).

We should still be worried about our form tbh. Offensively we look like we can only score from set pieces or against appalling defences like Reading's. The midfield is not cohesive as a unit, with players like Arteta not contributing enough and taking too long to distribute the ball. Defensively we're relatively solid but always look capable of a mistake especially when the pressure's on.

If we don't improve in the next month I can see us being found out when we play the better sides in January.

Letters
22-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Really poor performance on the whole and an undeserved win. If Wigan had 2 wingers who could actually cross the ball they would have had at least a couple of goals. Then there were Kone's 2 great opportunities that he spurned.
:console:

Oh well, never mind. Hopefully we'll lose the next one for you.

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Arteta thought we deserved to win the game. We won it, but Wigan must feel pretty awful as they performed pretty well but wasted their chances a draw would have been a fair result.

Arteta, the new Wenger :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 02:50 PM
It is an awful league this year. Top 2 apart, no-one is looking any good.
Reading and Wigan away are 2 games we really should be winning but with our form this season it's far from guaranteed.
2 important wins this week and with the Boxing Day game postponed Arsenal can't spoil Christmas for us.

Overall:
:patrice:Pretty much

We have won 3 in a row and played well in only one of those but its a start. Keep winning and confidence will grow and performances will improve. As ever, one bad result and it will all go to shit as our mentality is weak as piss but if we go on a winning run, i'll back as for 4th which we looked miles away from recently

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Oxo our best player today IMO, made some good runs.

GP
22-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Weird, innit.

We deservedly won and I'm pretty happy.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-12-2012, 02:52 PM
chamberlain motm? do these people even watch the game.

go so nervous when arteta stepped up, not sure why i dont have much confidence in him.

3 points is all that matters though.

above chelsea for a bit

crisis :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
Some people will never be happy for a second no matter what the situation.

Pretty win - moan

Hard fought win - moan

Sloppy win - moan

Fortuitous goal/win - moan

10th place - moan

3rd place - moan

Olivier's xmas twist
Arteta thought we deserved to win the game. We won it, but Wigan must feel pretty awful as they performed pretty well but wasted their chances a draw would have been a fair result.

Arteta, the new Wenger :lol:

Oh Well, who gives a fuck what Wigan feel.

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Wigan I would think!

GP
22-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Wigan can feel what they like.

We scored and had the better chances so deserved the win.

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Crooknapp Junior talking sense about us letting top players running down their contracts.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Some people will never be happy for a second no matter what the situation.

Pretty win - moan

Hard fought win - moan

Sloppy win - moan

Fortuitous goal/win - moan

10th place - moan

3rd place - moan

Pretty much, say we play shit and boring, but still watch the next game :haha: you could not make this shit up.

Never have i come across Gooners who get so mad when we win and Happy when we lose, so they can moan,

Just Wums the lot of them tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Wigan I would think!

Oh well.

Wigan can feel what they like.

We scored and had the better chances so deserved the win.

Pretty much.

Cripps_orig
I dont care how they feel tbh

But they did deserve something from the game.

We didnt deserve the win

Özim
I forgot that Kone's miss in the 1st half wasn't a "good chance" :lol:

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:56 PM

We didnt deserve the win
Pretty much, we didn't deserve to win, overall they edged it.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:57 PM

We didnt deserve the win

Meh shit happens.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
funny how the commentators tried their hardest to justify walcott going down way too easily for the pen.

when its their own there's acceptance.

if that was cazorla we know what the headlines would have been tomorrow.

Cripps_orig
Pretty much, we didn't deserve to win, overall they edged it.
Yup

Clear to everyone who watched the match unless they are wumming

Nevertheless we still won

yay

Joker

This is a match reaction thread, where we're supposed to discuss the game and what went right and wrong. There's no point acting as if everything's rosy in the garden and playing like this will see us continue to pick up wins. Sooner or later our luck will run out and against better teams, we would have been punished.

As a Mod you really should be setting a better example then WUMMing anyone you disagree with.

Özim
22-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Meh shit happens.
You just agreed with someone who thought we deserved to win :unsure:

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Seen the penalty decision again

Definite penalty

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:59 PM
funny how the commentators tried their hardest to justify walcott going down way too easily for the pen.

when its their own there's acceptance.

if that was cazorla we know what the headlines would have been tomorrow.

Pretty much.

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Can't believe some people are actually saying we deserved to win :lol: They either didn't watch the match or are WUMing. Of course, this sort of WUMing is never criticised by the likes of Letters :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:01 PM
You just agreed with someone who thought we deserved to win :unsure:

Its called bein sarcastic.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Can't believe some people are actually saying we deserved to win :lol: They either didn't watch the match or are WUMing. Of course, this sort of WUMing is never criticised by the likes of Letters :rolleyes:

Who cares if we did not deserve to win, we won end of.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Its called bein sarcastic.
How is agreeing by saying "Pretty much" being sarcastic exactly?

Don't think you've got a handle on sarcasm tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:04 PM
How is agreeing by saying "Pretty much" being sarcastic exactly?

Don't think you've got a handle on sarcasm tbh.

No The comment replying to Ach.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Question is which scenario do people prefer:

1) A few fortunate wins leading to no real signings in January
2) Getting deserved results and signings in January

I'd like to see results and signings but IMO it won't happen because Wenger will point to the fact we're 3rd/4th as vindication of our quality.

I want to see us improve and that's only going to happen by bringing in quality players IMO.

Cripps_orig
Who cares if we did not deserve to win, we won end of.

But some on here think we did deserve to win and think all is well again with us which it clearly isnt

Joker
Pretty much, say we play shit and boring, but still watch the next game :haha: you could not make this shit up.

Eh that's because we're Arsenal fans, we'll continue watching games no matter how badly we're playing or which division we're in. Saying that we're not playing well is simply a statement of fact, it doesn't make someone a Man City supporter or a WUM.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:06 PM

I'd like to see results and signings but IMO it won't happen because Wenger will point to the fact we're 3rd/4th as vindication of our quality.

I want to see us improve and that's only going to happen by bringing in quality players IMO.

Want the team to win thats what its about, anyone who wants this team to lose is either a moron or a wum or not a Arsenal suporter.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:07 PM
If your happy for the club to lose then your a moron.
That wasn't the question and anyone that thinks it was is the moron not me.

Just seems to me you don't really want to see changes, whilst you say you do the other stuff you post contradicts this.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 03:07 PM
If your happy for the club to lose then your a moron.

Where did he say that?

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 03:11 PM
The key is consistency. It's what we lack and it's great getting 3 points but we need to have a consistent desire to win and prove a point. Some players were coasting today and didn't take authority compared to what was shown last week. That will always be a worry. What changed over the past few days to make them think we're in the clear and the hard work is over?

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:12 PM

Just seems to me you don't really want to see changes, whilst you say you do the other stuff you post contradicts this.

It's getting a bit tiresome that anyone who makes even a slightly negative point about our performances is being labelled a WUM or an Arsenal hater.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Of course i want to see changes, don't mean i want the team to lose to get it. End of the day results are results deserved or not.

If Wenger as you say will be happy then it won't matter if we deserved to win or not he will still do what he wants.

Globalgunner
22-12-2012, 03:14 PM
We were crap but we won so good because I still want us to qualify for CLnext season. However, nothing has changed.Nobody has been vindicated oneither side by this game. This season becoming a mirror image of the last and the one before....etc. says only that we are not going anywhere again. Out of all competitions by march and nothing to look forward to except a similar feeling of frustration at the end of May.

i just hope this game puts an end the the Walcott is a striker charade. he is clearly no striker, except maybe for Brentwood.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:16 PM
It's getting a bit tiresome that anyone who makes even a slightly negative point about our performances is being labelled a WUM or an Arsenal hater.
Totally agree, I'm not convinced some of the people that do that really want to see changes as the club, they just feel they have to agree with everyone else as it's not a popular choice to disagree.

The performance matters as it reflects where we are as a team, if we were performing well for most of the season and winning you could say we don't need many changes, if our general play was good but we were not getting results then maybe a forward might be needed to put our chances away, if you're playing badly for most of the seasons but picking up the odd result here and there to keep you in 3rd/4th though, that simply masks the problems and leads to nothing changing, I don't think this is a healthy thing longer term.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Of course i want to see changes, don't mean i want the team to lose to get it. End of the day results are results deserved or not.

If Wenger as you say will be happy then it won't matter if we deserved to win or not he will still do what he wants.
If we get results nothing willl change, those are the facts, Wenger won't go out and sign players if we're lying 3rd....it's not his way.

The only way we really are going to see changes is through poor results, if we play badly all the time but win or draw it really does us no favours because in reality it allows the club to sweep the problems under the carpet as they have been doing for years.

If we were playing well and winning then fine (at least on the whole), but the fact is this season we have been largely awful so there are lots of problems with the team, problems that are likely to be ignored as it stands.

Some quality players in January would have been good, it's looking highly unlikely now I'd say.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Thing is I don't think there is any significant improvement to be had under Lord Wenger. Football in the modern sense is now beyond him and I really don't trust him spending too much of our resources anymore. Hence, I'm always happy for a win and greatful for those fortuitous moments. We need as much as we can get after all.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:19 PM
If we get results nothing willl change, those are the facts, Wenger won't go out and sign players if we're lying 3rd....it's not his way.

The only way we really are going to see changes is through poor results, if we play badly all the time but win or draw it really does us no favours because in reality it allws the club to sweep the problems under the carpet as they have been doing for years.

If we were playing well and winning then fine (at least on the whole), but the fact is this season we have been largely awful so there are lots of problems with the team, problems that are likely to be ignored as it stands.

Wenger does what he likes, whether we lose or win he will or won't spend. Idealy i love for us to win and bring players in. Were not assured of 4th. and Theo showed today he is no striker and we need a better one.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Wenger does what he likes, whether we lose or win he will or won't spend. Idealy i love for us to win and bring players in. Were not assured of 4th. and Theo showed today he is no striker and we need a better one.
Yes he does but a few weeks ago there was a lot of pressure on him to sign players, that's almost totally vanished now so he probably won't.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 03:22 PM

He won the penalty and got no service

Id say hes a classic Arsenal striker

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Thing is I don't think there is any significant improvement to be had under Lord Wenger. Football in the modern sense is now beyond him and I really don't trust him spending too much of our resources anymore. Hence, I'm always happy for a win and greatful for those fortuitous moments. We need as much as we can get after all.
I tend to agree with you, the problem is I don't see him leaving anytime soon, does that mean we just sit there for a few more years and just accept the same thing happening again? Wouldn't it be nice to see us sign some quality players to give us more hope, it's not Wenger's style of course, but a few weeks ago there was real pressure on him to go out and get some quality in, he would have almost felt forced to.

GP
22-12-2012, 03:24 PM

He needs to get far more involved, totally pointless playing him if he's going to stand around like he did today.

And he completely bottled that chance that was a virtual tap-in. Can't believe he just stepped over it.

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:26 PM

I don't think Walcott was great today, but he did win us the penalty and had made some good runs in and around the box. He's getting criticised by Arseblog unsurprisingly but I remember last season games where RVP was invisible, having had no service. Most strikers can only do well when there's a midfield that's on form and feeding him. Giroud was up front in games against Schalke and United where we barely registered a shot on target, but he was being defended by people saying he was not being given good service (which was true). Strange that the same people using that defence for Giroud are so happy to castigate Walcott.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I think it will go quiet on the striker front now, Podolski, Giroud and Walcott will be available in January and I think Wenger will see that as being enough cover...he's giving Giroud a rest in preparation it seems.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't think Walcott was great today, but he did win us the penalty and had made some good runs in and around the box. He's getting criticised by Arseblog unsurprisingly but I remember last season games where RVP was invisible, having had no service. Most strikers can only do well when there's a midfield that's on form and feeding him. Giroud was up front in games against Schalke and United where we barely registered a shot on target, but he was being defended by people saying he was not being given good service (which was true). Strange that the same people using that defence for Giroud are so happy to castigate Walcott.
Yeah Arseblog is shit and i wouldnt pay much attention to the wums on here either about Theo

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes he does but a few weeks ago there was a lot of pressure on him to sign players, that's almost totally vanished now so he probably won't.

Trust me that pressure is still their and he knows it is regardless of results. Fans won't take it lying down.

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:29 PM
The chance that Walcott stepped over was the right idea, Wilshere behind him was in a much better position. It was nowhere near being a tap in and anyone who thinks that couldn't have been watching the game properly.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Trust me that pressure is still their and he knows it is regardless of results. Fans won't take it lying down.
I don't agree, the pressure comes from the bad results, that's when the fan pressure rises....it's quietened down now after a few good results and Wenger doesn't like spending money, especially money at the best of times.

I'm expecting a quiet January, I've seen this happen many times before.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 03:30 PM
The chance that Walcott stepped over was the right idea, Wilshere behind him was in a much better position. It was nowhere near being a tap in and anyone who thinks that couldn't have been watching the game properly.

Pretty much

It was clever thinking from Theo and well defended by Wigan

Good football play all round

Tards :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Its not even that, he just seems to be so incosistent at times, i know he has this deal on his mind, but if you want what he wants he needs to show it.

When he plays he plays well, but he needs to show it more especially against teams like Wigan, come on dude he missed some easy chances today.

He needs to get far more involved, totally pointless playing him if he's going to stand around like he did today.

And he completely bottled that chance that was a virtual tap-in. Can't believe he just stepped over it.

Yep, for someone who so desprately wants to play up top he does not make his case very well.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 03:31 PM
we win well against reading - "its only reading we should beat them"

we win against west brom "we at home we should win"

we win against wigan away "we didnt deserve the win"

cant we for once just enjoy the fucking win?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Put it this way until he is good enough to get that right he should focus on puting the ball in the bottom corner.

GP
22-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Put it this way until he is good enough to get that right he should focus on puting the ball in the bottom corner.

'I wanna pway as a stwiker waaaaaa'

Bottles simple chance.

Seems legit.

Olivier's xmas twist
I don't agree, the pressure comes from the bad results, that's when the fan pressure rises....it's quietened down now after a few good results and Wenger doesn't like spending money, especially money at the best of times.

I'm expecting a quiet January, I've seen this happen many times before.

Maybe, Im expecting a few to come in, not sure who though. Can deffo see a striker.

Joker

He did "do it right", the only thing is that the defender managed to block it, which was lucky because he wasn't expecting it.

Yep, for someone who so desprately wants to play up top he does not make his case very well.

He's played two games up front, and you're already writing him off? In those 2 games he's scored 1 goal and had an assist. I'm not saying he's definitely good enough to be a striker, but it's ridiculous to write him off already. Weren't you saying we should give Giroud a chance before saying he's shit? Why the double standards?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:36 PM
'I wanna pway as a stwiker waaaaaa'

Bottles simple chance.

Seems legit.

Yep, Gev would have been proud with those chances he missed.

Gev :pal: Hope this is the end for him, not played in 2 games now.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the biggest weakness....sorry, 2nd biggest weakness in our team is that unbridged gap between our defence and high playing/attacking midfielders / strikers.

Arteta is awful there. Offers nothing defensively and almost equally woeful when we attempt attacking build ups from there.

In that role, he's really and truly a pointless player. No that he's the only casualty though.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 03:38 PM
today showed why theo isnt a striker. he would have been much better on the wing, look at how the ox did. theo is fine against teams like reading, however we need a proper striker, giroud would have been perfect today. theo is too small and too weak to hold up play like we needed.

we need another striker, grioud is good enough, and theo can go on the wing. its where he is better

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Yep, Gev would have been proud with those chances he missed.

Gev :pal: Hope this is the end for him, not played in 2 games now.

Wishful thinking at best

He'll be like a new signing coming back from ACON

Lord Wenger :bow:

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:39 PM
In fact it was good that Walcott was so aware of his surroundings and knew Wilshere was in a better position. In the past he always seemed to have his head down but these days he's a much better team player as well. He chance he missed in the first half was actually a great save by Al Habsi and he was losing balance anyway. Anyone who thinks Walcott's "misses" were Gervinhoesque is clearly WUMing or didn't watch the game and is being blinded by Walcott hate.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:39 PM
He's played two games up front, and you're already writing him off? In those 2 games he's scored 1 goal and had an assist. I'm not saying he's definitely good enough to be a striker, but it's ridiculous to write him off already. Weren't you saying we should give Giroud a chance before saying he's shit? Why the double standards?

Im not writing him off, he is being given his chance then he needs to take it, no point him doing the same thing for the next 15 games. We need a good finisher that can win us games now. If you demand something, then you need to show why you should be 1st choice ahead of Giroud or even if he brought in hunteelar in Jan (not that it will happen now he is signing his deal)

Just seems to me Theo is just playing for the Window and seems to turn it on when he sees fit.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 03:40 PM
today showed why theo isnt a striker. he would have been much better on the wing, look at how the ox did. theo is fine against teams like reading, however we need a proper striker, giroud would have been perfect today. theo is too small and too weak to hold up play like we needed.

we need another striker, grioud is good enough, and theo can go on the wing. its where he is better

You mean his best position, get the feck out of here.

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Giroud has played up front in matches where we've had barely any shots on target (Utd springs to mind). The problem is that the midfield is not providing enough service to the attackers.

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Walcott but he's scored goals this season and those are the facts, I don't think he'll score every week as he's not IMO a top class striker like RVP but nonetheless is the current setup he's our best striker in terms of scoring goals as his pace is much more effective than Giroud's style and he's a better finisher than Gervinho.

I'd include Podolski in this but we can't as he's not really played up front, though I'll admit to being disappointed with him so far this season.

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Its not even that, he just seems to be so incosistent at times, i know he has this deal on his mind, but if you want what he wants he needs to show it.

When he plays he plays well, but he needs to show it more especially against teams like Wigan, come on dude he missed some easy chances today.

Weren't you praising him last week and saying we should give him what he wants? That's why it's best people pay you no mind because you're fickle on these topics. Swing from one extreme to the next.

GP
22-12-2012, 03:49 PM
In fact it was good that Walcott was so aware of his surroundings and knew Wilshere was in a better position.

But didn't know the defender was right there?

Right.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Right.

:lol:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 03:51 PM
have to credit Jack today. wigan tatic of kick the shit out of him failed, they tried to kick him which they did very well, to get him angry and riled up and sent off. especailly after getting him booked for a perfect tackle. Jack did very well not flip, very mature head on that man.

Olivier's xmas twist
Weren't you praising him last week and saying we should give him what he wants? That's why it's best people pay you no mind because you're fickle on these topics. Swing from one extreme to the next.

Yes and he wants money, did i say we should not give him the money. All i said was if he wants to play up top then he needs to do better and be more consistant.

Your a funny guy, no one should pay me no mind, yet you replay to my post :haha:

GP
No exaggeration, Jack is the best player that has ever lived.

Olivier's xmas twist

Right.

:haha:

Özim
22-12-2012, 03:52 PM
have to credit Jack today. wigan tatic of kick the shit out of him failed, they tried to kick him which they did very well, to get him angry and riled up and sent off. especailly after getting him booked for a perfect tackle. Jack did very well not flip, very mature head on that man.
You're going way over the top, it really wasn't that bad.

His passing was shoddy at times today IMO, not one of his best games.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2012, 03:53 PM
No exaggeration, Jack is the best player that has ever lived.

Hard to disagree with this.

Wheelcheer :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 03:56 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28txkx0.jpg

cant believe this is a yellow card. shocking

Letters
22-12-2012, 03:57 PM
There's no point acting as if everything's rosy in the garden and playing like this will see us continue to pick up wins.
Is anyone acting like that?

I'm not WUMming, I just don't understand the tone of some posts almost as if people are actively disappointed we won.

What were you expecting today? A crushing win for Arsenal where we looked like the Invincibles again? That was never going to happen. Arsenal aren't a great side any more, I think we've all accepted like that. Reading and Wigan away are two games we 'should' be winning but with our patchy at best form this season nether were bankers. They were both banana skins which we may have slipped on slightly but we came away with 6 points at an important time when morale was low amongst fans and, seemingly, the team.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we'd been battered all game but somehow contrived to keep a clean sheet and then scored off someone's arse. We needed to win on Monday, we needed to win today. We won both. Hurrah! Is everything rosy in the garden? Obviously not. Is it pleasing to see us pick up 6 points when we desperately needed to? Yes. Yes it is.

:scarf:

GP
22-12-2012, 03:57 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28txkx0.jpg

cant believe this is a yellow card. shocking

No exaggeration, that is the best tackle that there has ever been.

GP
22-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Is anyone acting like that?

I'm not WUMming, I just don't understand the tone of some posts almost as if people are actively disappointed we won.

What were you expecting today? A crushing win for Arsenal where we looked like the Invincibles again? That was never going to happen. Arsenal aren't a great side any more, I think we've all accepted like that. Reading and Wigan away are two games we 'should' be winning but with our patchy at best form this season nether were bankers. They were both banana skins which we may have slipped on slightly but we came away with 6 points at an important time when morale was low amongst fans and, seemingly, the team.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we'd been battered all game but somehow contrived to keep a clean sheet and then scored off someone's arse. We needed to win on Monday, we needed to win today. We won both. Hurrah! Is everything rosy in the garden? Obviously not. Is it pleasing to see us pick up 6 points when we desperately needed to? Yes. Yes it is.

:scarf:

No exaggeration, this is the best post GW has ever seen.

Joker
22-12-2012, 03:58 PM

He thought the defender would have expected the shot and tried to get ahead of him, which would have allowed the ball to get to Wilshere. As it happened, the defender managed to block it, but you could tell it was more luck than judgement because Boyce wasn't expecting Walcott to leave the ball.
But it's obvious some people are so blinded by hatred of Walcott that they get off on criticising him, which is fair enough, it's a free country.

Letters
22-12-2012, 04:00 PM
No exaggeration, this is the best post GW has ever seen.
:gp:

Apart from your one quoting it

You :bow:

No exaggeration, I'm the best sycophant GW has ever seen.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:01 PM
He thought the defender would have expected the shot and tried to get ahead of him, which would have allowed the ball to get to Wilshere. As it happened, the defender managed to block it, but you could tell it was more luck than judgement because Boyce wasn't expecting Walcott to leave the ball.
But it's obvious some people are so blinded by hatred of Walcott that they get off on criticising him, which is fair enough, it's a free country.

slightly ironic given your hatred for rvp last year

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:04 PM
slightly ironic given your hatred for rvp last year

Oh yeah forgot about that, RVP was overrated was it :haha:

Letters
22-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah forgot about that, RVP was overrated was it :haha:
To be fair, he hasn't scored a single goal for us this year.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:06 PM
So are we just basically all happy that we'll get 4th (as we always do) and nothing changes as usual.

For the 1st time there was some real pressure on Wenger after the Bradford loss and it looked like he might be pressured into signing players, that's now gone of course but what it shows it that the only way we'll ever seen any changes is through results not going our way.

Personally I prefer short term pain for long term gain, that is to say I'd be happy for us to get the results we deserved if it meant we saw changes at the club at last which would benefit us next season and the season after etc.

Letters
22-12-2012, 04:07 PM
So are we just basically all happy that we'll get 4th (as we always do) and nothing changes as usual.
No. We're happy that the team we support has picked up a few wins at a time they desperately needed to.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:08 PM
To be fair, he hasn't scored a single goal for us this year.

True :haha: RVP :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:08 PM

For the 1st time there was some real pressure on Wenger after the Bradford loss and it looked like he might be pressured into signing players, that's now gone of course but what it shows it that the only way we'll ever seen any changes is through results not going our way.

Personally I prefer short term pain for long term gain, that is to say I'd be happy for us to get the results we deserved if it meant we saw changes at the club at last which would benefit us next season and the season after etc.

for the first time since bradford it looked like pressure etc on wenger, and what does that **** do? he goes and wins some games. what a total tosser. i mean who would do that? under pressure and he wins us some games? what a ****

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Who on this board came out and said they are happy with 4th place and hope nothing changes.

GP
Wenger is a ****

Used to be ***** but he's dropped off a little.

Olivier's xmas twist
for the first time since bradford it looked like pressure etc on wenger, and what does that **** do? he goes and wins some games. what a total tosser. i mean who would do that? under pressure and he wins us some games? what a ****

Yeah the stupid ****.

Özim
No. We're happy that the team we support has picked up a few wins at a time they desperately needed to.
Yeah I understand that, but how will that ever lead to any changes that's really what I'm asking. Do you honestly expect us to change things when we're basically happy with what we're achieving?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Wenger is a ****

Used to be ***** but he's dropped off a little.

Happy being a top 4 **** tbh.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:11 PM
1) Reading are relegation fodder
2) West Brom were on a losing run when we played them
3) We beat Wigan but they were arguably the better side

He's hardly covering himself in glory is he? So he's won a few games....so f*cking what, the fact is this team is well short of the qualities needed to be successful and the guy just doesn't see it and he never will by the looks of it.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah I understand that, but how will that ever lead to any changes that's really what I'm asking. Do you honestly expect us to change things when we're basically happy with what we're achieving?

no good will ever come from wanting your team to lose games. nothing good will ever come with an attiude like that.

GP
22-12-2012, 04:13 PM
no good will ever come from wanting your team to lose games. nothing good will ever come with an attiude like that.

I find it quite bizarre, to be honest. I could never wish my team to lose. Every match thread, I predict a win, because that's what fans do. Honestly, what kind of fan wants or even predicts a loss? Mental.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Who on this board came out and said they are happy with 4th place and hope nothing changes.
The problem is that you think things will change if we're winning, they won't and thus unconvincing wins are basically just compounding the problems by convincing the management they are right.

I just don't understand the theory that changes will be made when we're 3rd/4th they simply won't, the manager will feel vindicated.

Letters
22-12-2012, 04:14 PM
It doesn't matter what we, the fans, feel. It only matters what the board feel and they seem happy enough with perennial top 4 finishes and not much else.
I guess if the fans got fed up en masse (and it's getting close to that) and stopped going/buying merchandise then maybe something would change but tbh there's not much we can do so might as well get behind them.

Özim
So how will things change then, by winning them luckily? I think not.

McNamara That Ghost...
Arsenal. :bow:

We won, time for lots of beers. :dance:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:15 PM

No fan would pay to go and watch the boys and be happy for them to lose, just so things can change. Only people that can change Arsenal are those at the top. Fans can only get behind the team when it plays.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:15 PM
The problem is that you think things will change if we're winning, they won't and thus unconvincing wins are basically just compounding the problems by convincing the management they are right.

I just don't understand the theory that changes will be made when we're 3rd/4th they simply won't, the manager will feel vindicated.

right so we lose a few games over this period. wenger goes, you are happy, but suddenly sagna and theo dont want to stay, wenger has gone, we losing games so they leave. other players dont want to sign in the window as why join a losing team with no manager?

so we are in a worse position but you are happy.

wanting your team to lose, no matter what the situation is just downright fucking stupid

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:16 PM
]The problem is that you think things will change if we're winning,[/B] they won't and thus unconvincing wins are basically just compounding the problems by convincing the management they are right.

I never, ever said that, so stop twisting my words.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:16 PM
It doesn't matter what we, the fans, feel. It only matters what the board feel and they seem happy enough with perennial top 4 finishes and not much else.
I guess if the fans got fed up en masse (and it's getting close to that) and stopped going/buying merchandise then maybe something would change but tbh there's not much we can do so might as well get behind them.
Yes I agree with that, but then you're saying that the only way we'll see changes (without the latter of your two options, which let's be honest is highly unlikely to happen) is for the club to fail to achieve it's objectives (which we were a couple weeks ago, hence the pressure) and that unfortunately requires some poor results that's all I'm saying.

It's catch 22 really.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:17 PM
No fan would pay to go and watch the boys and be happy for them to lose, just so things can change. Only people that can change Arsenal are those at the top. Fans can only get behind the team when it plays.
Exactly, so therefore if no fans go then they have to change things. Point proven.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I never, ever said that, so stop twisting my words.
Stop denying it, you've said you want us to win and that's fine, but then you must think things will change if we do (you've said as much in a post about transfers)......otherwise you don't think things will change and therefore can't really care that much that they don't as long as we win some games and get 4th.

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes and he wants money, did i say we should not give him the money. All i said was if he wants to play up top then he needs to do better and be more consistant.

Your a funny guy, no one should pay me no mind, yet you replay to my post :haha:

It's more for the benefit of guys that are arguing with you. No point in stressing a point too hard because you'll be right there with the :gp: posts and agreeing after Walcott puts in a good performance.

Also, if you're saying certain posters shouldn't moan so much after a win, surely the same applies to a player that helped get us the win with the penalty? Just saying!

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Exactly, so therefore if no fans go then they have to change things. Point proven.

What has that got to do with losing games. I don't think you get this fan thing. Fans go because they love the club, bit because they love the way things are being run or are happy with whats going on.

Losing games won't change anything. It just makes things worse last 2 weeks showed us that. Not going to worry about what happens in the Jan window, what happens will happen. Right now over the xmas period i want the boys to win and get confidence.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Stop denying it, you've said you want us to win and that's fine, but then you must think things will change if we do (you've said as much in a post about transfers)......otherwise you don't think things will change and therefore can't really care that much that they don't as long as we win some games and get 4th.

I want my team to win, and i believe players will come in.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:24 PM
It's more for the benefit of guys that are arguing with you. No point in stressing a point too hard because you'll be right there with the :gp: posts and agreeing after Walcott puts in a good performance.

Also, if you're saying certain posters shouldn't moan so much after a win, surely the same applies to a player that helped get us the win with the penalty? Just saying!

Was not moaning about Theo, i was just saying he should take his chance thats all.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:26 PM
What has that got to do with losing games. I don't think you get this fan thing. Fans go because they love the club, bit because they love the way things are being run or are happy with whats going on.

Losing games won't change anything. It just makes things worse last 2 weeks showed us that. Not going to worry about what happens in the Jan window, what happens will happen. Right now over the xmas period i want the boys to win and get confidence.
Losing games won't change things, really?

So why was Wenger under so much pressure a few back when we were 10th and then beaten by Bradford.

It's as I thought you don't really want change, or at least you're not willing to go through the necessary to have those changes take place which means you saying "I want to see changes" are basically a hollow words.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:27 PM
I want my team to win, and i believe players will come in.
Fair enough, they won't we've seen it enough times in the last 7 years to know this.

This time next year you'll be seeing the same thing, I've said it for the last few seasons and I'll say it again now.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:28 PM
there is not a single valid argument anyone can make for wanting their team to lose a game.

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 04:29 PM
The chances he had weren't easy. There was too much pace on the chance he stepped over and left for Jack. The shot he had on goal was the best he could do with the ball player slightly behind him while trying to go far post. Hard to generate power and accuracy from that situation. But he won the penalty that got us the win.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Was not moaning about Theo, i was just saying he should take his chance thats all.
Sorry that doesn't make sense, you can't accuse some people of moaning and then criticise a player and not agree you are doing the same thing.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:30 PM
there is not a single valid argument anyone can make for wanting their team to lose a game.
No but then you are totally pro Wenger and think the sun shines out of his arse, so of course there isn't.

It's not about losing games as such anyway, just having results reflect the performances, today Wigan were superior but we won, we didn't deserve it but we won, these kind of results just mask the reality of the situation.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2012, 04:31 PM
No but then you are totally pro Wenger and think the sun shines out of his arse, so of course there isn't.

apart from last week when i said his time his up. but ignore that, as it doesnt suit your argument

GP
22-12-2012, 04:31 PM

There is is people make stuff up to suit their argument.

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Sorry that doesn't make sense, you can't accuse some people of moaning and then criticise a player and not agree you are doing the same thing.

Exactly. It just shows we're all entitled to be critical of a performance. The guys taking shots at you and others are doing exactly that.

Grebbo
22-12-2012, 04:34 PM
We won. That's all that matters.

Hopefully we can buy some quality in Jan to cement fourth because at the moment fourth will certainly be a struggle - even though the competition is as shite as us.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:35 PM

I Can and i will, The player demanding to play up top, yet he is not showing why he should, Diffrent to moaning about us winning unfairly or the club does this, and the team should lose.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I Can and i will, The player demanding to play up top, yet he is not showing why he should, Diffrent to moaning about us winning unfairly or the club does this, and the team should lose.
You can't and look ridiculous when you do.

You don't make your own rules, sorry.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:37 PM

It's not about losing games as such anyway, just having results reflect the performances, today Wigan were superior but we won, we didn't deserve it but we won, these kind of results just mask the reality of the situation.

Not really im sure the manager can see we were lucky and im sure he knows he'll need to spend to avoid things like this.

GP
22-12-2012, 04:38 PM

This thread is ridiculous, I'm out.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:40 PM

This thread is ridiculous, I'm out.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:40 PM
You can't and look ridiculous when you do.

You don't make your own rules, sorry.

This coming from the guy who wishes the team to lose :haha:

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Not really im sure the manager can see we were lucky and im sure he knows he'll need to spend to avoid things like this.
He really can't :lol: have you not learnt that in the last 7 years....he's totally deluded.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:42 PM
This coming from the guy who wishes the team to lose :haha:
He we go with you wumming, I can see why you like certain people so much now, makes perfect sense.....like two peas in a pod :lol:

You see what PnG said about people taking you seriously, make a mental note, don't be like Wenger and not learn from your mistakes :lol:

Newguy
22-12-2012, 04:46 PM
I can see both sides of the argument but ultimately I'd rather the team win games as long as we have any chance of success.

If we continue to win games ill be happy as i think we have the right ingredients, just need to mix the shit right.

Yes we need reinforcements but Theo has done fine so far, he's our top goal scorer and he does give us a different option up top.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:50 PM
He we go with you wumming, I can see why you like certain people so much now, makes perfect sense.....like two peas in a pod :lol:

You see what PnG said about people taking you seriously, make a mental note, don't be like Wenger and not learn from your mistakes :lol:

Don't give a shit what PnG thinks tbh.

You were the one who was banging on about us losing games to sign players, now you deny it like only you can.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Don't give a shit what PnG thinks tbh.

You were the one who was banging on about us losing games to sign players, now you deny it like only you can.
You should because lots of people think that.

I was saying I'd be happy if results reflected performances and based on this season that would mean changes. Winning whilst playing poorly just makes sure the same cycle continues and frankly I don't want that.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I can see both sides of the argument but ultimately I'd rather the team win games as long as we have any chance of success.

If we continue to win games ill be happy as i think we have the right ingredients, just need to mix the shit right.

Yes we need reinforcements but Theo has done fine so far, he's our top goal scorer and he does give us a different option up top.
I think this is the worst Arsenal team I've seen, so I don't agree we have the right mix, we're a long way from where we should be and our performances this season have been largely poor.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 04:54 PM
You should because lots of people think that.

How will i ever sleep at night that people on a forum are not fond of me, saying that don't think much like you much either. what ws it they called you a thick shit if i remember.

Özim
22-12-2012, 04:57 PM
How will i ever sleep at night that people on a forum are not fond of me, saying that don't think much like you much either. what ws it they called you a thick shit if i remember.
:lol: Not my problem.

I think you'll find people are coming round.

Yeah there's a reason for that, we don't like each other hence the reason we never ever talk to each other, that's the reason he feels the need to use derogatory words.

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Main talking point is the midfield. Wigan had far too muh of the ball and we weren't quick enough to win it back and were sloppy with possession when we had it. The defence were pretty good today, we had chances on goal which is different to the usual snooze fest where we have zero on target for ages...no point in focusing on Walcott considering he got the goal and made do of what he was provided.

Özim
22-12-2012, 05:01 PM
We won. That's all that matters.

Hopefully we can buy some quality in Jan to cement fourth because at the moment fourth will certainly be a struggle - even though the competition is as shite as us.
We'll get 4th, I've been pretty sure from the beginning of the season having seen the competition.

Can't see us signing anyone of any note in January though, we are where we want to be.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 05:02 PM
:lol: Not my problem.

I think you'll find people are coming round.

Yeah there's a reason for that, we don't like each other hence the reason we never ever talk to each other, that's the reason he feels the need to use derogatory words.

Well if it helps you sleep at night. End of the day its a forum not real life a place for banter and a laugh. If people are no fond of me fine no probs.

You just seem to roll that card out like it upsets me, when it seems you come on here for people to like them.

Won't go on any more cause its not fair on the mods.

Özim
22-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Well if it helps you sleep at night. End of the day its a forum not real life a place for banter and a laugh. If people are no fond of me fine no probs.

You just seem to roll that card out like it upsets me, when it seems you come on here for people to like them.

Won't go on any more cause its not fair on the mods.
If I was here for a popularity contest I'd have left years ago, my point was that you have one rule for your posts and another for other people's this inconsistency undermines all of your posts.

You can't have you cake and eat it.

Newguy
22-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I think this is the worst Arsenal team I've seen, so I don't agree we have the right mix, we're a long way from where we should be and our performances this season have been largely poor.

I dont agree we have the right mix either, I said we have the right ingredients. We've seen this side defend and a attack very well, but the problem is they havent managed to do either of these things consistently or at the same time. Why Wenger cannot get the side to do both more consistently is for a different thread, but I do believe a top manager would get the mix right, leading to consistently better performances.

I hope Wenger can sort things out, no one likes to witness someone tarnish their legacy and the team do need to perform better than they did today but id rather the 3 points every time regardless of how much i disagree with the way the club is run at present. Id rather this team learn what it takes to win games now, I want the team to do well now. I dont take pleasure out of them being shit in a hope that things will change at board level because it wont (not saying you do btw). So if we do get a cash injection for transfers, regardless of how much money we supposedly have (as the board will only sanction the usual pittance anyway) Id rather that cash injection be a push towards us being championship contenders because we have been on a run of wins and closed the gap a bit, than it be the push that was vital just for 4th because we've reached feb and we're 8th.

To be honest no fan should be unhappy about a win, the usual response is that it is just papering over the cracks, but then if you keep winning.....I'd rather we keep winning however possible, while Wenger and Bould try and sort this shit out...it's not like we have any other choice this season...is it?

Power n Glory
22-12-2012, 07:46 PM
No BS from Wenger either. He said it's good but not good enough and recognised we weren't playing very well. I agree with him. But still 3rd. Pretty decent!

Gervinho's Forehead
22-12-2012, 08:07 PM
:faint:

Dennis
22-12-2012, 08:14 PM
to those saying how hard done by wigan must feel, i say......

fuck 'em!

my team won, 3 in a row, clean sheet away from home. happy little bunny!

merry xmas gooners!!

GP
22-12-2012, 08:19 PM
God bless us, everyone!

RomfordPele
22-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Great win. For all the sky bullshit about Wigan, they are and will remain northern cloggers and spent a lot of the match kicking us, getting away with niggly little fouls and then whining whenever we put a tackle in. We did well to get the three points under the circumstances.

We still need signings and will need to replace walnut with a pacy striker when he leaves next month ...

Gervinho's Forehead
22-12-2012, 08:49 PM
A big issue for me is that I don't think we'd have got a goal had we not been awarded a penalty.

Oh and arteta receiving the ball running around in a small circle and then passing it back is fucking annoying.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 10:55 PM
A big issue for me is that I don't think we'd have got a goal had we not been awarded a penalty.

Oh and arteta receiving the ball running around in a small circle and then passing it back is fucking annoying.And thats the big worry.

We wouldnt have scored v WBA without the penalties and same here.

Arteta is a terrible player. Not what we need at all. Slows our game up so much.

Anyway read the thread and i see now we have won a few games in a row, the feeling on here from some is all is right in the world again :lol:

Im naming no names but these people never learn. Anyway good to see Theo shut his critics up further. Surely has to be upfront from now on

fakeyank
22-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Match reaction to todays game: Good win despite playing shit.

What this means for the future: go back to the last 5-6 seasons. We always go on good runs and everything is rosy. If you are looking at Arsenal to become the Arsenal that played brilliant football going to be challenging for titles, that wont happen till we have Wenger. If you have brought your standards down to just taking part in competitions and getting 4th, we will acheive what we want.

I unfortunately belong to the former. Any win is good though... may be a miracle will happen and Arsene will be gifted brains by Allah.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 11:15 PM
on a tough game…
It was a very different game [from Reading]. They stopped us from playing and they did that very well - especially in the middle of the park. We didn’t find the same fluency going forward. It was much more a win because we really wanted a result more than because we dominated the game. We had chances, but, especially in the final part of the game [it] was difficult to come out at the back and master possession. They had a lot of possession in the end but we really wanted it. It’s good because [we showed] more determination than domination in the final part of the game.

on Wigan’s penalty appeals…
I’ve just seen it [the appeal for handball against Vermaelen]. That is not a penalty. I haven’t seen the appeal against Gibbs. I have just seen Vermaelen [and] that is not a penalty. Honestly, the ball comes like that on the arm - you have to raise your hand. The Gibbs [incident] I didn’t see.

on three League wins in a row…
It’s good but not enough. We want more. I hope that gives us a bit more belief and confidence and that we can play with a much more positive environment. We had to show nerve and we did it. Overall, it gives us a week to prepare [for] the next game and hopefully at home we can continue to win our games. Away from home, our record is quite good. We have only lost two games - at Man United and Norwich - since the beginning of the season. It’s an important part of the season now.

on if the players will be off on Christmas day…
Yes certainly.

on if it’s better to have the time off…
I would prefer to play. When the team is on a roll, you want them to go out and play. Physically, it was a difficult game for us. Maybe we need a little breather because we played two hours at Bradford and then at Reading, and today [was another] physical game on a very heavy pitch.

on Walcott playing centrally…
I wouldn’t like to judge him on one game. For me he has the ingredients to play there. I wouldn’t like to judge him on one game. He did not have much service today, he was a bit isolated. He can always be decisive, even if he does not have the greatest service. Today he made the decision because he got the penalty.We dominated the game? wtf?

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:15 PM
And thats the big worry.

We wouldnt have scored v WBA without the penalties and same here.

Arteta is a terrible player. Not what we need at all. Slows our game up so much.

Anyway read the thread and i see now we have won a few games in a row, the feeling on here from some is all is right in the world again :lol:

Im naming no names but these people never learn. Anyway good to see Theo shut his critics up further. Surely has to be upfront from now on
Pretty much agree with all of this, I said before a few wins and all the bad will be forgotten and that's precisely what's happened (though some will deny this). It's like lots of mini Wenger's :lol:

I really don't get how people can change their opinion on the basis of a handful of mostly unconvincing performances.

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:17 PM
We dominated the game? wtf?
What a load of cr*p, some still believe this guy see's what's happening and see's the problems, honestly I despair this guy watches the match but then plays it again in his mind changing all the worst bits to something that didn't happen to make us sound better than we were!

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Pretty much agree with all of this, I said before a few wins and all the bad will be forgotten and that's precisely what's happened (though some will deny this). It's like lots of mini Wenger's :lol:

I really don't get how people can change their opinion on the basis of a handful of mostly unconvincing performances.
Happens every season as FY said above :lol:

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Match reaction to todays game: Good win despite playing shit.

What this means for the future: go back to the last 5-6 seasons. We always go on good runs and everything is rosy. If you are looking at Arsenal to become the Arsenal that played brilliant football going to be challenging for titles, that wont happen till we have Wenger. If you have brought your standards down to just taking part in competitions and getting 4th, we will acheive what we want.

I unfortunately belong to the former. Any win is good though... may be a miracle will happen and Arsene will be gifted brains by Allah.
Yup happens every season, the odd good run and this convinces Wenger and co all is good, he'll be piping out the same words at the end of the season pointing out how well we've done after a sticky few months. It's like a frigging goldfish I swear.

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Happens every season as FY said above :lol:
Yeah :lol: I just don't get why people never learn, especially after 7 years of pretty much the same thing happening.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Also as for wanting us to lose, i doubt anyone on here genuinely wants us to lose any game. However after we have lost and we look at the bigger picture and it means we are closer to the end of Wengers reign then you can see its for the greater good. Looking on the bright side of life after a defeat isnt the same as wanting us to lose

Özim
22-12-2012, 11:27 PM
That's exactly right, it's the greater good and all that, it's not about wanting us to lose at all, some people just don't see it that way.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Theo was the centre of attention on MOTD

His movement being praised. Compare that to the French statue (Not Henrys outside the ground) and we are vastly improved

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-12-2012, 12:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-uyt3JCMAA6x_0.jpg

train home after wigan.

mertesacker up front.

:lol: wenger.

awful manager.

Gervinho's Forehead
23-12-2012, 12:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-uyt3JCMAA6x_0.jpg

train home after wigan.

mertesacker up front.

:lol: wenger.

awful manager.

Arteta can stick his thumb where the sun don't shine.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Arteta can stick his thumb where the sun don't shine.

Poldi has gone a bit missing again.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Theo was the centre of attention on MOTD

His movement being praised. Compare that to the French statue (Not Henrys outside the ground) and we are vastly improved

An English player on MOTD been praised more then a Foreigner, shocker. What ever will they do next.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Also as for wanting us to lose, i doubt anyone on here genuinely wants us to lose any game. However after we have lost and we look at the bigger picture and it means we are closer to the end of Wengers reign then you can see its for the greater good. Looking on the bright side of life after a defeat isnt the same as wanting us to lose

Yeah lets get relegated that will teach us.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 12:53 AM

Yeah cos thats what i said :doh:

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 12:54 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:01 AM

Never said you did. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:10 AM
An English player on MOTD been praised more then a Foreigner, shocker. What ever will they do next.

Or maybe Theo has better movement which he clearly does.

No way Giroud would have won that penalty for us

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:18 AM
God bless us, everyone!

to those saying how hard done by wigan must feel, i say......

fuck 'em!

my team won, 3 in a row, clean sheet away from home. happy little bunny!

merry xmas gooners!!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-12-2012, 01:36 AM
just saw motd analysis.

christ theo really had scraps to feed off. had sod all throughout the game. players constantly making bad decisions in the final third.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:41 AM
He did the best he could from the crap that was available and he won us the penalty.

People say he won us it coming in from the right which is true but they feel to realise that he was coming in from the right only cos Gibbs under no pressure put in a horrific over hit cross which Theo chased after hence his movement was good and then played a 1-2 with Santi, got the penalty and we won

Job well done

2 games upfront, a goal and an assist in 2 wins.

Syn
23-12-2012, 02:48 AM
My match reaction is that my favouritest ever players did well and my worstest players didn't do well, because I'm a failure irl lol.

GP
23-12-2012, 08:59 AM
My match reaction is that my favouritest ever players did well and my worstest players didn't do well, because I'm a failure irl lol.

Alpha
23-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I was just about to take this win for granted like most people on this forum but after watching mighty City struggling to beat Reading (just 1-0 at home) whom we tore apart( 5-2 at their home ground) , I 'm happy we won and have no more comment .

Alpha
23-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Or maybe Theo has better movement which he clearly does.

No way Giroud would have won that penalty for us
On this other hand we had many aerial balls than Giroud could have won and probably scored or made assists . I would have preferred to have had Giroud than Walcott Yesterday . Walcott was isolated and couldn't cope with the physical defense .

Joker
23-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Agree, the anti Walcott brigade are unbelievably petty and narrow minded.

Power n Glory
23-12-2012, 11:44 AM
On this other hand we had many aerial balls than Giroud could have won and probably scored or made assists . I would have preferred to have had Giroud than Walcott Yesterday . Walcott was isolated and couldn't cope with the physical defense .

It's a problem we have had with Giroud and he can have games where he won't get a chance on goal. That's mainly down to the midfield. How many times did Caz, Arteta and Jack thread through a dangerous ball to any of the attackers? There was no service and we didn't pass well. Oz had to force his way through by taking on more players than usual. He was forcing play. Pod isn't that sort of player and with no service he won't get much done either.

That was a bad game for the midfield trio, especially Caz when you compare the reading performance. Giroud would have struggled in that game too because the service was poor. The goal came from a bad Gibbs cross over hit and Theo ha to collect it from near the corner flag and work the ball back in. With such bad service, Giroud would never have been able to score. That has to be addressed and it's a shame Rosicky was sick.

GP
23-12-2012, 11:50 AM

Indeed, it was a game where we needed a proper striker.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Walcott caused problems in other ways and eventually won the penalty. Hes doing well as a striker. Giroud is good in the air for sure but other than that hes a bit shit and considering our service was awful, Giroud who offers f all else would have done nothing. It was a game we needed a proper striker in and Theo came up with the goods

Letters
23-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Pretty much agree with all of this, I said before a few wins and all the bad will be forgotten and that's precisely what's happened (though some will deny this).
Well, they'll deny it because it isn't true.
Can you point to a single post where anyone says all the bad has been forgotten?

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Does someone has to literally say something?

Look at the gist of Ollies, Charlies etc posts. We've won a few games and now this team deserves no critisism at all apparently and we should be happy. They have no sense of looking at the bigger picture. They lack a little experience and sharpness

Letters
23-12-2012, 12:21 PM
this team deserves no critisism at all apparently and we should be happy.
Can you quote the posts where they say that?

I think we should be happy we're in 4th after the season we've had so far. Obviously that doesn't mean everything is great. I don't think either of them say that. You're deliberately skewing their posts to WUM.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, they'll deny it because it isn't true.
Can you point to a single post where anyone says all the bad has been forgotten?
The point is there's a feeling of real optimism now, which is strange considering two weeks ago it was like the end of the world, three wins against largely lowly or out of form opposition real don't change things that much and don't solve all the issues we've had for years, all they seem to do is mask our weaknesses.

It was looking like we might be active in January, but it's now looking less and less likely and that's a bad thing because clearly we're a long way from being good enough.

Power n Glory
23-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't think Cripps is on the Wum with this. Far worst culprits. It's a match reaction thread, we didn't play well but you'll see a few posters picking at other posters instead what happened in the match. That's how it's all started.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Can you quote the posts where they say that?

I think we should be happy we're in 4th after the season we've had so far. Obviously that doesn't mean everything is great. I don't think either of them say that. You're deliberately skewing their posts to WUM.
But isn't the season we've had so far basically due to poor management? So we should then settle for 4th now (and nothing else) because the manager can't do his job properly...every friggin season!

You can't use the "considering the season so far" excuse IMO because that's basically our own fault.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Exactly the same thing happens with Wenger incidentally, after a few wins he talks about our quality etc etc and at the end of the season he points to how well we did considering where we were or the great unbeaten run, gets tiresome after 7 years.

At what point does he accept responsibility for our poor runs or poor start and say we should have done better and really this season is disappointing because once again we lost a lot of games we shouldn't have.

Letters
23-12-2012, 12:33 PM
The point is there's a feeling of real optimism now, which is strange considering two weeks ago it was like the end of the world
That's what supporting a club is like. Had we lost to Spurs it would have been :ilt:, we won so it was :patrice:

I don't think ANYONE thinks or has posted that everything is suddenly great now, people are just pleased we've actually strung a few wins together. I couldn't give a monkeys how, as you often say football is about results.

Why does everything have to be so extreme? Just because people are a bit happier with things now that doesn't mean they think that everything is perfect. No-one has posted that.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think Cripps is on the Wum with this. Far worst culprits. It's a match reaction thread, we didn't play well but you'll see a few posters picking at other posters instead what happened in the match. That's how it's all started.
There's some real Wums in this place that seem to get away scott-free.

Letters
23-12-2012, 12:36 PM
But isn't the season we've had so far basically due to poor management? So we should then settle for 4th now (and nothing else) because the manager can't do his job properly...every friggin season!
According to the board, who are his employers, his job is to get us finishing top 4 every friggin season.
I'd say he's doing that job properly.

Wenger isn't getting sacked because of you moaning about him on the internet. As we said earlier in the thread it would only happen if there was a massive drop in ticket and merchandise sales. We agreed that's unlikely to happen so whaddaya do? Might as well get behind them and be happy when things are going a bit better :shrug:. Doesn't mean I think everything is great.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:37 PM
That's what supporting a club is like. Had we lost to Spurs it would have been :ilt:, we won so it was :patrice:

I don't think ANYONE thinks or has posted that everything is suddenly great now, people are just pleased we've actually strung a few wins together. I couldn't give a monkeys how, as you often say football is about results.

Why does everything have to be so extreme? Just because people are a bit happier with things now that doesn't mean they think that everything is perfect. No-one has posted that.
The thing is though, we've been seeing the same pattern now for how many years? Don't people get bored of it as some stage and think you know what we've had a few wins but in the grand scheme of things it's been pretty poor this season and this changes very little.

It's not extremism as such, it's just that some people think that just because we won the team is immune from criticism and that criticism is in fact moaning, it's not it's pointing out the reality.

We won a few games and that's great but we've seen this kind of thing happen pretty much every season and in the end little has changed even though some thought the manager had finally stood up and taken notice.

Özim
23-12-2012, 12:39 PM
According to the board, who are his employers, his job is to get us finishing top 4 every friggin season.
I'd say he's doing that job properly.

Wenger isn't getting sacked because of you moaning about him on the internet. As we said earlier in the thread it would only happen if there was a massive drop in ticket and merchandise sales. We agreed that's unlikely to happen so whaddaya do? Might as well get behind them and be happy when things are going a bit better :shrug:. Doesn't mean I think everything is great.
Yeah and that's very sad because that's all we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future and tell me where is the joy in that? I want unpredictability, I don't want the same thing happening every season, it's just so dull it's like knowing the future, it takes the fun out of the present day events.

A few weeks ago there was real pressure on him and and that was great for a change because he was almost going to be forced to act, now withing three games it's all calmed down and we're back to normal.

Power n Glory
23-12-2012, 12:41 PM

This is where the wumming starts. Several posts before Zimms said the performance wasn't good.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:52 PM

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:58 PM
This is where the wumming starts. Several posts before Zimms said the performance wasn't good.

Next you'll be calling me a racist, or is that just GP.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah and that's very sad because that's all we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future and tell me where is the joy in that? I want unpredictability, I don't want the same thing happening every season, it's just so dull it's like knowing the future, it takes the fun out of the present day events.

A few weeks ago there was real pressure on him and and that was great for a change because he was almost going to be forced to act, now withing three games it's all calmed down and we're back to normal.

From the board who said they would not sack him? There is still pressure on him, don't think because of a few wins that pressure is off. Come o Zimm its clear were going to lose games this season, so its clear we need to bring players in.

Remember it only takes 1 loss for confidence to drop. Like i said to you, Wenger is Wenger he'll spend when he wants too. Not even sure i trust him with the money anyways, Do you?

Power n Glory
23-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Next you'll be calling me a racist, or is that just GP.

A choc ice maybe....that work? :lol:

Özim
23-12-2012, 01:09 PM
From the board who said they would not sack him? There is still pressure on him, don't think because of a few wins that pressure is off. Come o Zimm its clear were going to lose games this season, so its clear we need to bring players in.

Remember it only takes 1 loss for confidence to drop. Like i said to you, Wenger is Wenger he'll spend when he wants too. Not even sure i trust him with the money anyways, Do you?
No from the fans, the board will keep him on regardless they've made that clear. I disagree, you can feel the pressure is much less now, it's very noticeable. It's clear we need to bring in quality players and has been for years, but has Wenger actually ever really done so and in the past when we've been sure we needed some players has he gone out and signed them or just sat on his arse making excuses?

Now that we're siting pretty in 3rd he'll feel vindicated, that's what he perceives as success so for him in his head we're doing well, in the next round of the CL, 3rd in the league it's all looking rosy, I'm sure he'd come out and say as much if anyone questioned him now. I can't believe you guys haven't learnt from what he's done in the past yet, the same pattern repeats itself pretty much every season, why would it be different now?

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:21 PM
A choc ice maybe....that work? :lol:

Not really no, i know who i am am im proud of it. i also know what to expect on a footie forum.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I admit i wum. Thats the difference between me and the people who do it much more often, Im an good honest wum lad or GHWUML for short.

Or its the get out clause people usually use when im right and they dont want to admit it

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Pretty much.

Charlie, Ollie, GWs RR etc get away with it. We give it back and the mods come down hard

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-12-2012, 01:28 PM

You can't use the "considering the season so far" excuse IMO because that's basically our own fault.

spot on.

fan expectation levels have dropped from fighting for the title to being happy with 4th. all in the space of 5 years.

we're happy when we finish 3rd and it's seen as a momentous achievement. only recently 3rd was seen as a disaster.

wenger is a genius, because as i said a couple of weeks ago, only a genius can dethrone a team like he has yet sit on his throne with an army of supporters still backing him.

all whilst milking the highest salary in the league- a salary greater than the salary of a manager who has won 4 league titles, 1 champions league, 3 league cups, 4 community shields and 1 fifa club world cup compared to wengers almighty zero.

genius? i think so.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:31 PM
We are 3rd despite being awful for the most part.

Imagine if Wenger/board/players actually gave a shit this season, we'd be walking to the title and that is where the frustration sets in. Posters on here are happy with the mediocrity we have shown this season. Others want better cos this team can produce better

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:40 PM
We are 3rd despite being awful for the most part.

Imagine if Wenger/board/players actually gave a shit this season, we'd be walking to the title and that is where the frustration sets in. Posters on here are happy with the mediocrity we have shown this season. Others want better cos this team can produce better

Stop talking rubbish. Who one here has said they are happy with 4th place or happy with the club? End of the day people were happy the team won yesterday that all. no one is having a wank over it or saying all the problems are fixed.

Now i can't speak for others, all i want to see is the team win as many games as they can(well all of them, if they could).

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 01:43 PM
spot on.

fan expectation levels have dropped from fighting for the title to being happy with 4th. all in the space of 5 years.

we're happy when we finish 3rd and it's seen as a momentous achievement. only recently 3rd was seen as a disaster.

wenger is a genius, because as i said a couple of weeks ago, only a genius can dethrone a team like he has yet sit on his throne with an army of supporters still backing him.

all whilst milking the highest salary in the league- a salary greater than the salary of a manager who has won 4 league titles, 1 champions league, 3 league cups, 4 community shields and 1 fifa club world cup compared to wengers almighty zero.

genius? i think so.

So when you say We're do you include yourself in that. Cause im not happy when we finished 3rd and when we finished so many points behind 1st place.

LDG
23-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Wasn't pretty, but professional and good graft in the second half.

If only we would add two or three extra super quality players to the team. We'd be challenging for the title.

Ah well. Three points. On we go.

Letters
23-12-2012, 09:11 PM
End of the day people were happy the team won yesterday that all. no one is having a wank over it.

Speak for yourself :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
23-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Saw the amount of posts here and figured we had lost. Looks like it was not pretty, but I'll take a win over Christmas. I think the results are immaterial as to whether we make any signings or not if you take Gazidis at his word, as well as being a fool, we can look forward to the club being active from this point on, but if we are not looking like contenders for the CL places, we won't be able go sign without paying over the odds, and that is unlikely to happen unless Wenger is after the next. Hamakh!

Marc Overmars
23-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Not seen or heard anything from the game but 3 wins on the bounce is a welcome relief.

Letters
23-12-2012, 11:27 PM
If expectations were ever so high that 3rd was seen as a disaster then that's entirely down to Wenger.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-12-2012, 11:39 PM
you keep making that point.

what do you want us to do about it? cherish him and follow the warped master until he drives us 6 feet under?

'being here thanks to wenger' bides him some time. 7 years in fact. now he can sod off.

Özim
24-12-2012, 12:14 AM
If expectations were ever so high that 3rd was seen as a disaster then that's entirely down to Wenger.
It's also down to Wenger that 4th place now is considered a major achievement now and is the definition of succees and that picking up trophies doesn't matter as much as long as you get 4th.

Give me back the pre-Wenger days anytime because at least then picking up trophies was considered success not anything else, it's one thing coming 4th every season but entirely another thing hailing it as success.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:23 AM
It's also down to Wenger that 4th place now is considered a major achievement now and is the definition of succees and that picking up trophies doesn't matter as much as long as you get 4th.

Give me back the pre-Wenger days anytime because at least then picking up trophies was considered success not anything else, it's one thing coming 4th every season but entirely another thing hailing it as success.

So the Invincbles was aim was not wo win trophies then?

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 12:25 AM

Fact you have to go back 9 odd years pretty much confirms Zimms point

Özim
24-12-2012, 12:25 AM
That was years ago, he's changed and he's never going back to the old days, winning isn't that important to him anymore.

So my point stands.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Fact you have to go back 9 odd years pretty much confirms Zimms point

That was years ago, he's changed and he's never going back to the old days, winning isn't that important to him anymore.

So my point stands.

Not really, you said the pre wenger days, but during the wenger days his aim was to win things.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Not really, you said the pre wenger days, but during the wenger days his aim was to win things.
Have the past 7 years just passed you by or something?

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Have the past 7 years just passed you by or something?

Wenger days don't just include the last 7 years do they?

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Wenger days don't just include the last 7 years do they?

But the fact you have to go back nearly a decade to prove your point just proves nothing but Zimm right

If you think Wenger is the same manager now as he was then hence why you keep bringing up the invincibles then you my friend are gravely mistaken

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:38 AM
But the fact you have to go back nearly a decade to prove your point just proves nothing but Zimm right

If you think Wenger is the same manager now as he was then hence why you keep bringing up the invincibles then you my friend are gravely mistaken

I Never said that. Zimm said he had to go back before the Wenger days, to see us show trophies was the aim. My point was why go back that far.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I Never said that. Zimm said he had to go back before the Wenger days, to see us show trophies was the aim. My point was why go back that far.

Cos Wenger wont change back to the manager he was. He wants to prove this way, his way is right and its killing our club

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Cos Wenger wont change back to the manager he was. He wants to prove this way, his way is right and its killing our club

Again you miss my point. Why go back to the Graham days, why not say you miss the early Wenger days. He probs won't change back but those days were special you have to admit.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Very telling that Lord Wenger has never single handedly built a title winning squad in its entirety.

He's had like what now... 6-7 seasons to do so, right? But all we've seen is him resigning himself into accepting that the best he'll ever do is pick up that virtual 4th place trophy - a feat he's achieved a flattering 16 consecutive seasons. Makes you wonder what could have been if his eyes were to have been rightly focused on a real trophy.

Then, his apologists condemn those fans whose desire is to see the club win the title once more by calling them glory hunters, whilst hypocritically basking in their glory/trophy/title of achieving 3rd/4th spot.

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Again you miss my point. Why go back to the Graham days, why not say you miss the early Wenger days. He probs won't change back but those days were special you have to admit.

Funny thing is, the faults of our teams back then are many of the faults we have now. But we were winning so it was ignored.

Now we aint. Said it on 606 at the time that we might need to fix our faults and it was put down to me wumming. I hate being right :(

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Funny thing is, the faults of our teams back then are many of the faults we have now. But we were winning so it was ignored.

Now we aint. Said it on 606 at the time that we might need to fix our faults and it was put down to me wumming. I hate being right :(

Was not on 606 lol's.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Very telling that Lord Wenger has never single handedly built a title winning squad in its entirety.

He's had like what now... 6-7 seasons to do so, right? But all we've seen is him resigning himself into accepting that the best he'll ever do is pick up that virtual 4th place trophy - a feat he's achieved a flattering 16 consecutive seasons. Makes you wonder what could have been if his eyes were to have been rightly focused on a real trophy.

Then, his apologists condemn those fans whose desire is to see the club win the title once more by calling them glory hunters, whilst hypocritically basking in their glory/trophy/title of achieving 3rd/4th spot.

He had a Dein to point him in the right direction, which fucker did that in the last 7 years and i know he is stubborn, but its clear he has needed Dein and would have listend to him had he been here.

Globalgunner
24-12-2012, 06:17 AM
So its Deins fault now that Wenger has lost his desire to win?. Poor him. Ha`snt stopped Wumger upping his take home pay after each successive season of failure. Dearie me!. These AKB`s . What will they think of next to excuse the great Messiah. I think we should get our CEO to lobby hard to get the EPL make an official trophy for 4th place. That should shut up all the Wenger detractors.

Letters
24-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Wenger hasn't lost his desire to win :lol:
He might have lost the ability to.
And people keep saying Wenger's changed. I think the issue is he hasn't changed while football has.

As for him not building a title winning side, the Invincibles was pretty much entirely his side.

Xhaka Can’t
24-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Other than Fergie, I can't think of any Manager that has built an entire team that won the league. Part of what makes good teams what they are is standing on the shoulders of giants, and Graham was a giant.

Letters
24-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Graham did well but he left us a pretty mid-table side who were good enough to raise it for the odd cup game but not good enough to sustain a title challenge. The Invincibles side was pretty much Wenger's

Özim
24-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Graham did well but he left us a pretty mid-table side who were good enough to raise it for the odd cup game but not good enough to sustain a title challenge. The Invincibles side was pretty much Wenger's
I'd rather be a midtable team with a chance of picking up a cup than a 4th place team with no chance tbh.

Sure we qualify for the CL but that's basically just about money, we don't have a chance of winning it, in addition in those days the CL was for the best team in the country only (so less incentive to come 4th), the 4th place nonsense we have these days really devalues the competition.

We put more emphasis on the cups in those days, in 92-93 we played a weakened team in the league as we were progressing further in the cups.

Letters
24-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Agree about the CL but that's the world we find ourselves in these days.
It's all about the money. The CL generates the most money and top 4 gets you in
(well, not always. Spurs :pal:)

I agree it shouldn't, it should be for champions - there's a clue in the name - but there you go.
Both domestic cups have been massively devalued these days, which doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy if we won one of them.

Graham was working in an era when there wasn't such a big gap between the teams at the top and the middle of Division 1, as was, and in an era where the cups were far more highly valued and if you weren't going to finish at the top then it didn't matter so much where you finished.