PDA

View Full Version : Quaresma a Free Agent?

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Just heard Besiktas have offloaded Quaresma after paying off is last 6 months contract, worth a punt? No transfer fee, has definitley got the ability and skill and something different we have been missing since Overmars and Pires. I reckon Liverpool will snap him up next week, too good of a player to be unemploymed for very much longer. Wenger has always been a keen admirer and was tempeted to pay over 20 Mill a few years ago and nows a chance to pick him up for nothing. This has to be a no brainer signing.

We have always lacked that winger who can excite and dribble and take on players with a great crosses, we could do worse than sign him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I reckon Liverpool will snap him up next week

Bloody hope not.

GP
29-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Just heard Besiktas have offloaded Quaresma after paying off is last 6 months contract, worth a punt? No transfer fee, has definitley got the ability and skill and something we have been missing since Overmars and Pires. I reckon Liverpool will snap him up next week, too good of a player to be unemploymed for very much longer. Wenger has aways been a keen admirer and was tempeted to pay over 20 Mill a few years ago and nows a chance to pick him up for nothing. This has to be a no brainer signing.

We have always lacked that winger who can excite and dribble and take on players with a great crosses, we could do worse than sign him.

You have to ask yourself, why have Besiktas offloaded Quaresma after paying off the last six months of his contract?

Pass.

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:08 PM
They could not afford to pay his wages off 3.2 Mill per season so they offerred him to 2 Mill, he decided to have his contract paid up and look for another club. Fair play to him.

Cripps_orig
29-12-2012, 06:09 PM
They could not afford to pay his wages off 3.2 Mill per season so they offerred him to 2 Mill, he decided to have his contract paid up and look for another club. Fair play to him.

Pretty much

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:13 PM
He's just had bad luck in his career, went to Barcelona from Sporting around the same time as CR7 went to Man Ure, he broke his leg and then a new manager came in at Barca namely Frank Rijkaard who ddin't think he was good enough so they sold him to Porto, had a few good seasons and then Maureen bought him to Inter but then then he was left out of the squad, I just think as a player the style of football did not sit well with Maureen or italian football to slow and not a good fit so was moved on to Besiktas, still a great player and would make a good impact at Arsenal me thinks.

Ollie the Optimist
29-12-2012, 06:22 PM

that says one thing. he would rather get more money then play football. instant pass

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:31 PM
That's a little unfair, considering that most footballers are after the best wages and will leave their so called beloved club and the faithful fans to seek higher wages.

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Too late, apparantly he's signed for Melbourne Heart in the Oz A league? Strange decision, why would any decent footballer want to play in the Oz A or the MLS? Waste of talent, he should have come to the premier league, shame as he's still a wonderful exiciting player.

GP
29-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Too late, apparantly he's signed for Melbourne Heart in the Oz A league? Strange decision, why would any want to play in the Oz or MLS?

http://www.tecsauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/money_bubble.jpg

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:38 PM
True, but surely the Premiership is the best paid league in the planet.

GP
29-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Yeah but in the Premiership he'd have to work hard for it.

Marc Overmars
29-12-2012, 06:45 PM

On average yeah but marquee names in shit leagues will always be paid stupid amounts.

BlindFaith_8
29-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I guess the sponsors are puling out all thier financial resources to bring in calibre household names to OZ, also the great lifestyle that goes with it.

BlindFaith_8
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
After yesterdays lacklustre performace, it's fairly obvious we are struggling against the lesser teams whilist Spurs are winning away from home, when previously under redknapp they would have lost. If ******* had some balls he'd go out and make two marquee signings as a statement of intent. Get Sneijder for Free and pay the boy the 200K wages, he is probably the best central midfielder in the world, and go even one step further and sign Falcao and pay the 50-60 Mill and bring the best striker in Europe if not the world. Nah as usual he'll sign a couple of 16 year olds and put them in the youth team for the next 10 years. We are fighting for 4th place with Spurs and Everton and WBA, oh how the mighty have fallen. Shame on you ******* and all the board members for turning our club in to a top 10 premier league team. Looks like season 8 without trophies, we might as well prepare ourselves that we could go over 10 years without a trophy, how sad would that be.

GP
02-01-2013, 05:56 PM
:lol:

BlindFaith_8
02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Just a pipe dream :wacko:

GP
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
You're saying Wenger won't sign Falcao because he doesn't have the balls. Can you not see how silly that is?

edit: I agree those are the kind of players we need, but I disagree with your reasoning for us not buying them. We quite simply can't afford them.

BlindFaith_8
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I disgaree, I believe we can afford them and have the financial resources in place to buy both players, I don't think it's a money problem, it's more a question of ******* having the guts to go to the board and ask for the money, as they would expect him to win the league and would not settle for 4th place, We've got more liquid asset than the Bank of England.

Marc Overmars
02-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Falcao would be 40m-50m at least. We may have that much available but certainly not for one player alone.

BlindFaith_8
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Not being funny, but we sold a 30 million striker who carried us for the whole season, at 29 RVP was the difference between us finish 4th or 10th and the major reason why United will win the league by a canter. Without RVP United would be chasing City, so yes one player can make a massive difference, we might leak goals for fun, but having a striker like Falcao could gaurantee us champions league football and silverware.

GP
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I disgaree, I believe we can afford them and have the financial resources in place to buy both players

Well there's no evidence to support that.

BlindFaith_8
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
When your majority shareholder who purchased his shares via loans, then goes and pays $130 Million on a fcuking ranch in the middle of nowhere, that says it all.

GP
02-01-2013, 06:53 PM
When your majority shareholder who purchased his shares via loans, then goes and pays $130 Million on a fcuking ranch in the middle of nowhere, that says it all.

No it doesn't. In fact, in terms of cash available to the club, it says nothing at all.

BlindFaith_8
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Are we skint? What about all the sponsor money and chumps league money, where's all the cash from the player sales and not forgetting Barclays and Sky's money, match day sales. We've got more cash than you think, the problem is we act like a bunch of tight arses so the board can squeeze every dime out of the clubs income.

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 03:59 PM
he's gone to Al-Ahil. They stated it was a signing of ambition, shame our club has less ambition than Al-Ahil (UAE)

Marc Overmars
09-01-2013, 03:59 PM
lol wut?

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
lol wut?

Al-Ahil, Dubai based club. Basically he doesn't care about his career and just wants a big pay check a la Asamoah Gyan.

GP
09-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Exactly. He wants a big paycheck but doesn't want to work for it, otherwise he'd have gone to a serious league.

Letters
09-01-2013, 04:20 PM
A footballer chasing money? :o

LDG
09-01-2013, 04:23 PM
QIBTR :bow:

Maestro
09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
QIBTR :bow:

Quaresma Is Better Than Ronaldo? IIRC

BlindFaith_8
09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Very sad when players go and play in front of 500 people for the money, surely the money they get from top european leagues is more than enough for them to live a life of luxury and retire comfortably.