PDA

View Full Version : Defending...

AKBapologist
29-12-2012, 07:49 PM
...Is overrated to be honest.

Best Defense? Stoke... Who wants to watch fucking stoke?

Just score more than the other team, it's working pretty well for united and there leakier than a collinder.

Also, did you know you could get relegated by not conceding a single goal in this league?

yeah.

Özil's Panoramic View
29-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Piss poor defending does make for exciting games, tbh. Shitte loads of goals either ends.

Gervinho's Forehead
29-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Piss poor defending does make for exciting games, tbh. Shitte loads of goals either ends.

Maybe so, but exciting for who?

I want my Arsenal to have a rock solid defence I'm sick of conceding such soft goals and having so many nervous moments in a match!

Özil's Panoramic View
29-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe so, but exciting for who?

I want my Arsenal to have a rock solid defence I'm sick of conceding such soft goals and having so many nervous moments in a match!

Believe me bro, I feel same as u do.

In fact, on a non-football forum where we have a football thread in the miscellaneous board, this topic was is a major discussion.

You'd be surprised to know how many think this phenomenon of games awashed with goals, caused from mostly non-existent defending, means the league has actually improved.

Gervinho's Forehead
29-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Believe me bro, I feel same as u do.

In fact, on a non-football forum where we have a football thread in the miscellaneous board, this topic was is a major discussion.

You'd be surprised to know how many think this phenomenon of games awashed with goals, caused from mostly non-existent defending, means the league has actually improved.

I get what you mean. :good:

Just because there's a tonne of goals doesn't mean that it's automatically been a good game!

I think a 4-0 win for us today would've been impressive if not as headline grabbing as a 7-3.

Marc Overmars
29-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Trying to simply outscore the opposition can only get you so far but it's entertaining none the less.

Syn
29-12-2012, 10:10 PM
It's going to get Man Utd the league title this year.

Selling RVP. Unbelievably shrewd.

Marc Overmars
29-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Footballing reasons. :bow:

Cripps_orig
29-12-2012, 10:46 PM
You can win the title with an average ass defense

You wont with a average strike force

Özim
30-12-2012, 12:42 AM
People thought Wenger had improved our defence this season after a few games at the start, it's pretty clear he hasn't by the number of goals we're conceding. When it comes to the CL teams with leaky defences will be punished for sure, that's why Man U have no chance of winning the CL this season and why the PL clubs have done badly this time.