Terrible stuff.

Arteta awful.

Giroud awful.

Sagna awful.

Fraudthora awful.

Arsenal defending all together awful.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Swansea dominate. We got lucky. Should be the end for a few of our players. Giroud, Arteta, Ramsey and Kos are finished.

We got a replay but Swansea have already destroyed us once there

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Swansea dominate. We got lucky. Should be the end for a few of our players. Giroud, Arteta, Ramsey and Kos are finished.

We got a replay but Swansea have already destroyed us once there

Dicks and chicks
06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Terrible stuff.

Arteta awful.

Giroud awful.

Sagna awful.

Fraudthora awful.

the whole back 4 got carved so easily, all this discussion of signing midfielders and strikers, a new centre back wouldn't go a miss. Cheeky loan bid for Song?

cricketsi
06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Don't forget Mertesacker awful.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 03:26 PM

:gp:

Sorry yes he was awful too.

Marc Overmars
Always good to get results against teams with more resources than us.

Dicks and chicks

his height is his best asset and he always gets out jumped. its ridiculous.

Dicks and chicks
Always good to get results against teams with more resources than us.

we can't compete with Swansea.

cricketsi
Entertaining second half though.

Joker
06-01-2013, 03:29 PM
We were dreadful for the first half, then after falling behind had a really good period to go 2-1 up, but then predictably panicked and conceded the equaliser, after which we were a nervous wreck and could have lost the match.

Walcott and Giroud were poor up front, and IMO Ramsey was the best of the original front 3 who started the match.

Arteta was abysmal, I don't know how many times he gave the ball away or dawdled on the ball and was almost dispossessed.

The two centre halves were terrible, Mertesacker for the first goal was embarrassing.

All in all a decent result considering we were close to being knocked out if Tiendale scored at the end, even though the performance was schizophrenic.

Globalgunner
06-01-2013, 03:30 PM
The whole team is pub average and declining in quality year on year. Ramsey is pure crap.He gets into the box and makes stevie wonder look like a marksman. Anyway you look at it. We cannot defend, it doesnt matter what the personnel are Wenger would crap them up with his pure incompetence. If Wenger built a defence made od bricks. It would end up looking like Swiss cheese. Who is going to save this club from this man`s pure ridiculousness?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Ian Wright didn't know that FA Cup games only get one replay these days. :haha:

On the game, thought we attacked quite well in the second half, shame the Nervous Kittens made an appearance but a draw is ok.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 03:31 PM
his height is his best asset and he always gets out jumped. its ridiculous.

Merts strength has never been his aerial ability, he has no spring in his step because he's so languid.

Dicks and chicks
06-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Merts strength has never been his aerial ability, he has no spring in his step because he's so languid.

but he's still like 6043 ft heigh, there are no excuses.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 03:34 PM
We need David Villa.

Another small, tippy tappy front man? I don't think so. We should have grabbed Ba who will probably end up being the chavs new Drogba. Or better yet, we shouldn't have sold the worlds best (by a mile) striker. Especially for pennies.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 03:37 PM
but he's still like 6043 ft heigh, there are no excuses.

Not saying there are, but it's naive to think his height automatically means a strong aerial presence. I bet I could out-jump him tbh.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Another small, tippy tappy front man? I don't think so. We should have grabbed Ba who will probably end up being the chavs new Drogba. Or better yet, we shouldn't have sold the worlds best (by a mile) striker. Especially for pennies.

apparently giroud is better though. But yeah who would've though selling the worlds best striker to a team that used to be our rivals would have had such an impact.

Newguy
06-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Terrible stuff.

Arteta awful.

Giroud awful.

Sagna awful.

Fraudthora awful.

Giroud wasn't great but he did get an assist.

Arteta isn't what we need, pisses me off that hes vice captain as we need a mobile deep lying midfielder that will engage the opposition...what was he doing for grahams goal?? Hes a fucking pussy, doesn't look for the ball, weak in the tackle, slow....no one can tell me Song is not a huge miss when we have players like Arteta as the DM.

Ramsey....what can i say?? He comes off and it's a different side attack wise.

Defence barring Gibbs were shocking. Jenkinson over Sagna for me everytime now, he's not interested and we should move him on, always complaining and id rather see the corporal developing.

Kos and Mertz are a nightmare. Mertz is too slow for the premiership. You cannot get around his lack of pace and acceleration.

Kos needs to strengthen up. He's to frail but i do think he'll improve with more games. Was at fault for the michu goal.

Podolski and Gibbs were our best players.

Cazorla needs to be benched now. Wenger is running him into the ground.

On to Southampton.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 03:40 PM
apparently giroud is better though. But yeah who would've though selling the worlds best striker to a team that used to be our rivals would have had such an impact.

Giroud better than Ba? Wtf? Who said that? Should be laughed at for the rest of time

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Giroud better than Ba? Wtf? Who said that? Should be laughed at for the rest of time

Just a select few on here.

cricketsi
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Better looking, tbf.

LDG
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Was pretty pleased with 2nd half performance. First half was forgettable all round.

Just some really sloppy defending again spoilt it for their equaliser.

Kos and Gibbs our stand out players. Merts, walcott, cazorla and sagna, not so much.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Better looking, tbf.

Giroud is an ugly fucker tbh, not that Ba is much of a looker either

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Better looking, tbf.

Giroud is an ugly fucker tbh, not that Ba is much of a looker either

Joker
06-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't think Giroud is a bad player, but ultimately he's not the sort of player you can rely on to deliver when it really matters and can help a club win a trophy. He'll get a decent number of goals and assists, and may well help us get a top 4 spot, but I don't think he's capable of any "wow" moments.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Any links to the goals?

Joker
06-01-2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/england/team-sheets-swansea-v-arsenal/

Don't know why Arteta didn't close Graham down for their equaliser.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 03:49 PM
arterta doesn't do much.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Has wenger given his interview yet? :lol:

Joker
06-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I think it's time for Arteta to be benched IMO. He's contributing very little to our midfield, either offensively or defensively.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Bringing Rosicky in was a big factor in our revival last year, WUMger needs to do it again.

Alpha
06-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't go as far as describing which player was good or not . But as a team , our performance was 50:50 . The game was there for the taking but as expected we couldn't take advantage of it .
We were victims of overplaying in the final third . One pass too many when we should have pulled the trigger . For some reasons , our attacking players in the Swansea box were " starved " . You can't expect any striker to score no matter how descent they are if they don't get good passes in the box .
Our defending was just a deja vu : Michu goal was a result of panic-attack in our defenders but it was a poor goal to concede and was avoidable . But their equalizer was an alarming sign to the manager how Awful and clueless his defenders are . How could they leave someone free , unchallenged in front of their goal keeper ? It doesn't take a world class defender to sport someone in the dangerous area .
We have played teams such as Bolton , Blackburn who are not great teams but have succeeded to close our attackers in their box . It is unbelievable we can't do the same .

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Are people only really seeing the shiteness of Arteta now? It's been evident for a year if not more. Good to see the rest of GW catch up to me though.

I hate being right :(

really a pointless player.... was better though when he was at Everton

Wenger :bow:

Ernesto
06-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Bringing Rosicky in was a big factor in our revival last year, WUMger needs to do it again.

Rosicky was nothing short of magnificent for us last season. Consumate professional, made a telling contribution, and really took on the mantle after Jack's absence to injury.

It's quite ironic really because by benching Tomas, AW's doing the very thing he can't bear to do- 'kill' players.

Joker
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
really a pointless player.... was better though when he was at Everton

Wenger :bow:

He was a very good player at Everton and I remember games at the Emirates where he really helped them control the game (this was a time when we regularly dominated teams at home). Since coming here he's been disappointing for the most part, and he doesn't seem to be stamping his authority on the game the way he used to at Everton.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
He was a very good player at Everton and I remember games at the Emirates where he really helped them control the game (this was a time when we regularly dominated teams at home). Since coming here he's been disappointing for the most part, and he doesn't seem to be stamping his authority on the game the way he used to at Everton.

guess he's just doing as the Romans do whilst in Rome.... in our case, do fuck all and pick up a massive check each week.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM

He's playing out if position. A Spanish technician being used as a DM. Silly stuff but surely he knew he would be played ina strange position when he signed?

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Wenget has tried to turn him into a Busquets type player but he's not good enough to play that role.

milla
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Rosicky was nothing short of magnificent for us last season. Consumate professional, made a telling contribution, and really took on the mantle after Jack's absence to injury.

It's quite ironic really because by benching Tomas, AW's doing the very thing he can't bear to do- 'kill' players.

Bringing Rosicky would kill Ramsey's footballing career. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/england/team-sheets-swansea-v-arsenal/

Don't know why Arteta didn't close Graham down for their equaliser.

Thanks, I couldn't be bothered watching this - wnt out for a lunchtime curry instead. Far more satisfying these days.

God awful defending for the Swansea equaliser. They had all the space and time required to score 5 goal off that set piece.

topgun
06-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Or better yet, we shouldn't have sold the worlds best (by a mile) striker. Especially for pennies.

Thats what selling clubs do.:oldboy:

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Or better yet, we shouldn't have sold the worlds best (by a mile) striker. Especially for pennies.

Thats what selling clubs do.:oldboy:

Oh no, I agree we should sell all our best players. Makes perfect sense if you want to be a top, top club. It's the pennies I have the problem with. I think we could have got more. And we could have used the extra money to not buy decent players.

RomfordPele
06-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Silly stuff but surely he knew he would be played ina strange position when he signed?

Not really, he was signed to cover for Wilshere. Don't know why the inference here is that this is the player's fault: it's wenger being a mong again for thinking Arteta is an adequate replacement once song left.

Most important signing we could make this month is a proper defensive midfielder. We may need to sacrifice a bit of technical ability for some consistency and solidity in midfield.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 04:28 PM
He's playing out if position. A Spanish technician being used as a DM. Silly stuff but surely he knew he would be played ina strange position when he signed?

u r better than this, N_Q.

RomfordPele
06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Sorry, missed the sarcasm :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to take up sarcasm. Of course it's Wenger's and the money grabbing board leeches faults we sell a proper DM and replace with a non DM. But you have to consider, if we had replaced Song with quality then Ramsey would never get a start, and nothing good could come from that.

Alpha
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
u r better than this, N_Q.

Arteta was a very good player at Everton and I still believe he is at Arsenal . But playing him out of position in a team which love playing attacking football without a proper defensive midfielder is suicidal .
We want to emulate Barcelona in our play but we are missing a very important point of Barca game . Barca always play with one or two defensive midfielders . That 's why they always regain possession when they lose it .Unlikely us who always create panic and pressure in our defense once we lose possession . We can't break up any threat and we can't regain possession : A Good defensive midfielder is a must in this transfer window .

Globalgunner
06-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I have zero faith in wumger as a managger anymore. It doesnt really matter who he buys, he will find a way to reduce their talent to the clump football we see today. that said I hope he does buy players who make a difference because right now we are haeding for a likely 6-8th place.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 04:59 PM
We'll get 4th because this is a very low quality league now.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 05:00 PM

I really don't think we will this season.

Globalgunner
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM

I sure hope youre right. At least we dont have to worry about Newcastle anymore.....Pardiola, what a chump

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
I sure hope youre right. At least we dont have to worry about Newcastle anymore.....Pardiola, what a chump

We're just one long term injury for Ramsey away from 4th place glory.

PGFC
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Arsene thinks Ramsey should have had a pelanty for tripping himself up, I'm amazed that he could have seen that. :doh:

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry, missed the sarcasm :rolleyes:

and rightly so, as there was none. now give yourself a round of applause.

N_Q does have a propensity for blaming the players for whatever, which imo, he does to deflect blame from Wenger. I just felt this wasn't one of his better efforts.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2013, 05:14 PM
and rightly so, as there was none. now give yourself a round of applause.

N_Q does have a propensity for blaming the players for whatever, which imo, he does to deflect blame from Wenger. I just felt this wasn't one of his better efforts.

I say there was plenty of sarcasm, so you are outvoted.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 05:19 PM
I say there was plenty of sarcasm, so you are outvoted.

me :pal:

:getcoat:

Injury Time
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
A draw against the reserves of a team with greater resources, spirit, character, desire, work rate and manager, plus we needed the replay cash-great result tbf. :trophy:

Gooner23
06-01-2013, 05:45 PM
The usual post-match guff from Wenger. I really can't bear his interviews these days.

Grebbo
06-01-2013, 05:56 PM
We played ok but we concede such soft goals. Terrible goals given away every game. Without RVP we can't get out of jail anymore.

I can see no shining lights in our entire defence. I'd sell the lot and start again.

Injury Time
06-01-2013, 05:58 PM
We played ok but we concede such soft goals. Terrible goals given away every game. Without RVP we can't get out of jail anymore.

I can see no shining lights in our entire defence. I'd sell the lot and start again.
Expect end of jan no additional defenders but have managed to "secure" the services of current players for an extra 5-10 years :trophy:

BOBN
06-01-2013, 06:00 PM
And what about wilshere? Looks like a tryer and not much else.

Some pundit on the game podcast said hes the best player of his type weve had since the premiership began. At 18 fabregas was twice the player.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 06:06 PM
on the match…
We should have won this game. I felt the first half was a bit locked and one-paced, as much as the second half became much more open. I think in the second half we created many chances and suddenly found ourselves 1-0 down. We have shown character and quality. I felt when we conceded the corner [that led to the second goal], we lacked a little bit [of] calmness and focus. It’s frustrating to concede a goal just like that on a corner where we couldn’t clear the ball before the corner. Even on the corner, we were first to the ball and didn’t win the ball. We have shown quality and heart and it’s quite good if we can repeat that.

on getting back into the game…
We kept going. I felt that we always created chances from midfield. Their keeper kept them in the game and Kieran Gibbs had an outstanding game. He gets better and better. When you see this kind of game, it’s very positive.

on if Arsenal should have had a penalty…
It was one and the referee saw it. You know why he didn’t give it? Because he thought the guy had not done it on purpose, [which] I think as well. It was accidental but he [Ramsey] didn’t trip himself. He was caught clearly by the leg of the Swansea player. I don’t know who it was. He had a hesitation, the referee, and in the end he didn’t give it.

The problem is we could have had a penalty but that can happen, but after [we could have] gone down to 10 men and down 1-0 as well. Overall, we have shown good mental quality.

on a replay and fixture congestion…
I am frustrated because I wouldn’t want one, but if that’s the choice between going out or staying in the hat, I take the replay. [We] play at the Emirates. They have many games as well. We have a [rearranged game] against West Ham on January 23.

on if the squad can cope with so many games…
Yes, if we have no injuries. Today we had four players at home, and I didn’t bring on Chamberlain, Coquelin [or] Rosicky. Diaby’s coming back and if we find one or two on the transfer market, then why not.

on if the extra fixture heightens the need for new players…
Let’s first keep the players we have and maybe add one or two. We lost Chamakh and Djourou now, so there’s some room.

on Giroud’s knee…
He has a big scar but I think he should be OK now.

on Kyle Bartley…
He had a good game. He had a little bit a lack of experience. He was especially impatient and I couldn’t promise him to play with the number of centre backs we had. He came here [to Swansea], he has not played a lot, because he has been injured. We bought him when he was at Bolton, when he was a young boy of 16 years of age. We know he has the quality. He played at Rangers. Sometimes when the players have been out on loan and have played a lot, they do not want to wait anymore when they come back.

Usual crap

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2013, 06:11 PM
He had a little bit a lack of experience.

:haha:

Master Splinter
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Diaby’s coming back

:haha:

Grebbo
06-01-2013, 06:24 PM

Some pundit on the game podcast said hes the best player of his type weve had since the premiership began. At 18 fabregas was twice the player.

Agree with that. He's decent at keeping the ball but doesn't create much. Fabregas was one of the Prems best midfielders of all time.

Master Splinter
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
In terms of chances created/spurned and keeping up a decent level of pressure for a good period of the match, it was probably one of our best displays this season. Ramsey Gervinhoed most things up, but he was also one of the few players who created something tangible in the final third. Giroud really should have scored a couple, but he was always involved in our best moves and also set up good chances for others (including another awlsome assist for Gibbs). When Giroud plays, we flow much better as an attacking unit.

Cazorla probably had his worst match so far. He was completely neutral. Or Joe Allen. In fact, the midfield three of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla have not lived up their On Paper potential at all. Cazorla would perhaps be more useful in one of the wide positions in certain matches.

Mertesacker has been worryingly sloppy in recent matches. Koscielny was better today, but all three centre-backs can't seem to function without doing something unnecessarily stupid in every match. Sagna was woeful again on both ends of the pitch. I think he actually practices hitting the player closest to him rather than crossing the ball. It's understandable that he's first choice, but why has GHELkers just been relegated to not even appearing on the bench after his solid performances? Rosicky seems to have been unfairly relegated too come to think of it.

Gibbs had another outstanding game. Very little danger came down his side and in terms of attacking, he was a constant threat. He was also one of the few players who tried to drag us to a result through grit, determination and spirit, belief and every other GHEL trait. Sometimes someone who looks like he cares does make a difference. His goal was of course superb too.

Good Arsenal and bad Arsenal were quite evenly on show today then.

Lord Nelson
06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I have zero faith in wumger as a managger anymore. It doesnt really matter who he buys, he will find a way to reduce their talent to the clump football we see today. that said I hope he does buy players who make a difference because right now we are haeding for a likely 6-8th place.
Exactly!! Wenger will ruin any player that we buy! That is why Mr Bean must go and bring in a Manager that has the ability to buy decent defenders and play players in the right position! FFS, every time we play, we are saying the same things!! Wenger and the board must be blind. :(

Joker
06-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Arseblog is actually blaming Walcott for Sagna playing shite :lol:

What a laughing stock he's become.

Kano
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
to whom?

GP
06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
He's a laughing stock, but you still read him. What does that make you?

Master Splinter
06-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I heard Arseblog dislikes white chocolate too.

This non-credible yet extremely important nonentity on the internet whom I place so much misplaced importance upon must be stopped from exercising his all-encompassing, poisonous and villainous viewpoints.

Joker
06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I don't read him anymore, he replied to someone on twitter.

And IMO he should be a laughing stock amongst Arsenal fans because of his unbelievably one sided and biased commentary. Obviously he's entitled to his opinion but at the same time we should be able to call him out when he's talking bullshit (which is a lot recently).

Injury Time
06-01-2013, 07:17 PM
He's a laughing stock, but you still read him. What does that make you?
Do you still read arsenal.con, listen/ read what WUMger says & read Jokers posts? #justsayin

Kano
06-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't read him anymore, he replied to someone on twitter.

And IMO he's a laughing stock amongst Arsenal fans because of his unbelievably one sided and biased commentary.

and that is concrete proof. cos it on twitter an dat.

GP
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
and that is concrete proof. cos it on twitter an dat.

#LeaveIt

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 08:01 PM

He has a problem with Walcott. Sagna was shocking in his last game and Ox played down that side. Jenkinson may need a run in the team.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Sagan is gone in the summer.

Time for GHELkinson.

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Cazorla probably had his worst match so far. He was completely neutral. Or Joe Allen. In fact, the midfield three of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla have not lived up their On Paper™ potential at all. Cazorla would perhaps be more useful in one of the wide positions in certain matches.

The results will only get worse and Wenger has to shake up the core trio because it hasn't been working for a while. Cazorla has been on a break ever since the Reading game hat trick. In fact, the Reading game was the best performance I've seen from an Arsenal team in recent years. We looked like the Arsenal of old but that came off the back of Wenger getting slaughtered in the press. Once the squad got that result out of the way, we saw that abysmal Wigan game which took a penalty to win. We had the Newcastle game where we scored 7 but we still conceded the lead a few times and the midfield were pretty poor for that game too. Most of the creation came from Theo and the wide players. Then we saw the Southampton game and now this. It's been coming and the trio just don't work hard enough as a unit or create chances. Rosicky needs to be brought in so we can get some of our fluidity and creation back.

Özim
06-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Rosicky is being rested as he's feeling a little bit tired and lacking a little bit of sharpness due to the fact he's been recovering from injuries a lot recently.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 08:16 PM
It's got to the point now where I don't think I care about who's bought in or what tactics we play, with Wenget in charge all the fundamental issues will remain.

It's time for a new face at the helm with some fresh ideas and enthusiasm to boot.

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
It's got to the point now where I don't think I care about who's bought in or what tactics we play, with Wenget in charge all the fundamental issues will remain.

It's time for a new face at the helm with some fresh ideas and enthusiasm to boot.

True. It's like he can't fix problems quick enough or even identify the weak areas. The midfield trio has been week for ages but he'll persist with it and his only alternative is to drop Ramsey in out wide and hope that he can drop deep and help with our possession. Ramsey's bollocks for starters and doing that just means we sacrifice a man. It has taken him years to get a clue about Walcott's ability to play up front and goodness knows how long it will take for to sort out the other issues. Defence is a problem, the midfield, the flanks depending on who he picks....the list just grows.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 08:51 PM

I agree a new manager is the biggest change we need.

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 09:29 PM
just got home from the game, really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and imo a fair result for both sides. neither deserved the win.

i not going to say anything about the first half as it was utter dogshite from both sides. 0-0 was fair result at half time.

second half though was much better from us. first 10/15 minutes we were all over them and should have scored. i havnt seen the replay, but first view it looked like a stonewall penalty on ramsey. thought ramsey was ok today, he never hides though, have to give him credit for that, he makes mistakes then gets right back up again to have another go. cant fault that. a fan on the train made an interesting point on ramsey that i agree with, if giroud, theo, cazorla miss an easy shot etc, the fans sing their names, if ramsey does, they hurl vile abuse at him. thats wrong.

i cant comment on the two swansea goals as they were at the other end to me, so couldnt see, especially their second. the first looked like we missed a header and it gave michu a clear run at goal. the second, i have no idea what happened other then they scored.

i thought arteta was ok today, made some errors with his passing, but he held possesion well i thought when pressured. the problem was for him, no one was making a movement to help him out, they stood their wating for him to get past the player then pass the ball. the other players have to help him out and offer him a pass rather then wait for him to beat his man.

jack was tired today i though, he played well enough and always puts a shift in, but we need someone to cover for him otherwise we will run him into the ground again. we need someone to help out, especially with this months fixutres.

cazorla was capable of some good moments but again like jack, he is too tired and needs a rest.

giroud was ok up front, going for headers etc and i thought was unlucky not to score today.

theo though gave a fucking unprofessional performance. was sulky, greedy and kept going into the middle when playing right wing, meaning no one was on the right wing to pass to and get a cross in, which meant sanga had a horrible job of playing right back and right wing because of theos selfishness. he seems to think as he holds the cards right now, he can do what he wants. he played for theo today, not arsenal. hope wenger and bould rip into him because it was a fucking disgrace today. the amount of times we have an overlap on the right and he wasnt there because he wanted to play striker.

overall, id take a draw, it means we are still in the cup and tbh most of us didnt expect a win. i said in the match thread the other day, it would be 2-2 today and that we will win 2-1 at ours. so far, im half right.

Kano
06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
so everything was fine except for feo who ruined the whole game?

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 09:35 PM
He thought Arteta was ok. Need I say anymore?

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 09:35 PM
so everything was fine except for feo who ruined the whole game?

we werent great. i just clearly noticed theo being a dick more then anything else. as i said, i cant really comment on the goals because i couldnt see them from where i was. i have no idea what happened for them ebcause i was at the other end and couldnt see. i just heard the roar that said swansea had scored.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Stopped reading at, "....Arteta was ok....", tbh.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 09:41 PM
arteta was bloody terrible.

GP
06-01-2013, 09:42 PM
just got home from the game, really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and imo a fair result for both sides. neither deserved the win.

i not going to say anything about the first half as it was utter dogshite from both sides. 0-0 was fair result at half time.

second half though was much better from us. first 10/15 minutes we were all over them and should have scored. i havnt seen the replay, but first view it looked like a stonewall penalty on ramsey. thought ramsey was ok today, he never hides though, have to give him credit for that, he makes mistakes then gets right back up again to have another go. cant fault that. a fan on the train made an interesting point on ramsey that i agree with, if giroud, theo, cazorla miss an easy shot etc, the fans sing their names, if ramsey does, they hurl vile abuse at him. thats wrong.

i cant comment on the two swansea goals as they were at the other end to me, so couldnt see, especially their second. the first looked like we missed a header and it gave michu a clear run at goal. the second, i have no idea what happened other then they scored.

i thought arteta was ok today, made some errors with his passing, but he held possesion well i thought when pressured. the problem was for him, no one was making a movement to help him out, they stood their wating for him to get past the player then pass the ball. the other players have to help him out and offer him a pass rather then wait for him to beat his man.

jack was tired today i though, he played well enough and always puts a shift in, but we need someone to cover for him otherwise we will run him into the ground again. we need someone to help out, especially with this months fixutres.

cazorla was capable of some good moments but again like jack, he is too tired and needs a rest.

giroud was ok up front, going for headers etc and i thought was unlucky not to score today.

theo though gave a fucking unprofessional performance. was sulky, greedy and kept going into the middle when playing right wing, meaning no one was on the right wing to pass to and get a cross in, which meant sanga had a horrible job of playing right back and right wing because of theos selfishness. he seems to think as he holds the cards right now, he can do what he wants. he played for theo today, not arsenal. hope wenger and bould rip into him because it was a fucking disgrace today. the amount of times we have an overlap on the right and he wasnt there because he wanted to play striker.

overall, id take a draw, it means we are still in the cup and tbh most of us didnt expect a win. i said in the match thread the other day, it would be 2-2 today and that we will win 2-1 at ours. so far, im half right.

That's a fair assessment.

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 09:45 PM
to those that say arteta was shit, why has no one picked up on the point atht no one ever offered him that easy pass when he was in trouble, they just stood still and expected him to get out of trouble. very rarely did players move to get into a posistion to help him out with an easy pass so of course he got pressured and had to go back to the keeper.

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Arseblog?

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 09:55 PM

i can see his point, walcott was hardly ever on the right wing meaning that sagna had to play there and right back as well. theo played central today leaving no winger, leaving sagna with the whole right side on his own.

while sagna didnt play taht well, theo has to take blame for not tracking back, not offering an option on the wing and leaving the whole right side for sagna to cover

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Arseblog?

It reads like an Arseblog report. :lol:

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
i can see his point, walcott was hardly ever on the right wing meaning that sagna had to play there and right back as well. theo played central today leaving no winger, leaving sagna with the whole right side on his own.

while sagna didnt play taht well, theo has to take blame for not tracking back, not offering an option on the wing and leaving the whole right side for sagna to cover

Yep, I knew it. Ollie writes for Arseblog. :lol:

Sagna was shit last week as well and it had to be his worst game in an Arsenal shirt. Ox played the flanks that time.

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Yep, I knew it. Ollie writes for Arseblog. :lol:

Sagna was shit last week as well and it had to be his worst game in an Arsenal shirt. Ox played the flanks that time.

yeah sagna was shit last week and is out of form, but taht still doesnt take away the fact theo didnt help today at all. just because sagna played badly in another match doesnt mean it absolves theo of the blame for not doing his job and playing right wing. its not rocket science.

BlindFaith_8
06-01-2013, 10:06 PM
The Wanker even blamed the ref for not having enough bottle to give the penalty, is he blind, did he not see the replay? The sheep shagger cliped his own heel and tripped himself up, basically she fell over.

IBK
06-01-2013, 10:08 PM

Good point. We love his passion but I have concerns about his ability in the final third.

IBK
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
to those that say arteta was shit, why has no one picked up on the point atht no one ever offered him that easy pass when he was in trouble, they just stood still and expected him to get out of trouble. very rarely did players move to get into a posistion to help him out with an easy pass so of course he got pressured and had to go back to the keeper.

A lot hated Gilberto too.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Good point. We love his passion but I have concerns about his ability in the final third.

I get the feeling Wenget prefers Wheelchair to sit in midfield and gets moves flowing from there. Personally I'd love to see him making late runs into the box and taking more pot shots (like Scholes in his pomp) but that part of his game will probably have to be developed by another manager.

Cesc was indeed a lot sharper in the final third and still managed to be the best passer in the league.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
A lot hated Gilberto too.

Gilberto was a much better player than Arteta tbf.

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 10:17 PM
yeah sagna was shit last week and is out of form, but taht still doesnt take away the fact theo didnt help today at all. just because sagna played badly in another match doesnt mean it absolves theo of the blame for not doing his job and playing right wing. its not rocket science.

Yeah a good argument. But how comes you can't see all the other dodgy performances besides Theo's?

In my opinion, Cazorla, Arteta and Wilshere need to sort their games out. It's the biggest worry because none of them are playing well in the engine room and it's key we get it going. No team that likes to play pretty passing like ours can function without a core midfield distributing the ball properly and creating chances.

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah a good argument. But how comes you can't see all the other dodgy performances besides Theo's?

In my opinion, Cazorla, Arteta and Wilshere need to sort their games out. It's the biggest worry because none of them are playing well in the engine room and it's key we get it going. No team that likes to play pretty passing like ours can function without a core midfield distributing the ball properly and creating chances.

its quite easy to forgive bad performances from players who dont make wage demands, demand where htey are to be played and fuck about signing a contract.

with cazorla and jack, i think its more tiredness then anything. if we had someone else to help out, might be easier, which begs question why rosicky isnt playing

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
its quite easy to forgive bad performances from players who dont make wage demands, demand where htey are to be played and fuck about signing a contract.

with cazorla and jack, i think its more tiredness then anything. if we had someone else to help out, might be easier, which begs question why rosicky isnt playing

You need to put that stuff aside to be honest because he's our top performer and I would have thought points on the board and results count for something as well. If he wasn't good on the flanks, all the more reason to play him up top, right?

It's more important that we get the midfield working. The right side is an easy fix. Play Ox there with Theo down the centre or just dropping the under performing player (Sagna) for Jenkinson. Jenks was doing well before he was dropped for Sagna. Has the ability to cross, he's more nimble and able to beat players or at least get a yard or so away from markets to cross. Sagna's crosses hardly beat the first man. It's an easy fix and considering the noise coming from Sagna, he might not be committed to the cause either...so

fakeyank
06-01-2013, 10:34 PM
It's sad the levels we have come down to as a club, when we look at a draw away to Swansea as a good game!

I'll just watch the invincibles DVD and live in denial.. :getcoat:

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 10:39 PM
It's sad the levels we have come down to as a club, when we look at a draw away to Swansea as a good game!

I'll just watch the invincibles DVD and live in denial.. :getcoat:Tbf, Swansea are a far better side than us and have outplayed us the last 3 times. It's no fluke. We are Swanseas bitches

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 10:54 PM
You need to put that stuff aside to be honest because he's our top performer and I would have thought points on the board and results count for something as well. If he wasn't good on the flanks, all the more reason to play him up top, right?

It's more important that we get the midfield working. The right side is an easy fix. Play Ox there with Theo down the centre or just dropping the under performing player (Sagna) for Jenkinson. Jenks was doing well before he was dropped for Sagna. Has the ability to cross, he's more nimble and able to beat players or at least get a yard or so away from markets to cross. Sagna's crosses hardly beat the first man. It's an easy fix and considering the noise coming from Sagna, he might not be committed to the cause either...so

theo can play up top as well as on the right, he was brilliant on the right wing when we played spurs etc. however, he was picked to play right wing today (rightly so, we needed giroud presence up front imo) problem is, he wanted to play up top so decided he would to the detriement of the team instead of playing where he was picked and asked too leaving the right flank exposed.

i agree sagna needs to be dropped, think a rest would do him good, and if jenks plays well it means sagna has to step up his game to get back. one of my biggest problems today was sagnas failure to put a decent cross in, (same for ramsey and gibbs too) but sagna had to keep doing it because theo never offered him an option to pass and let theo cross as a right winger should.

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I think Wenger needs to get off the touchline and start giving orders if a player's performance is a detriment to the team. Don't you think?

Ollie the Optimist
06-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I think Wenger needs to get off the touchline and start giving orders if a player's performance is a detriment to the team. Don't you think?

i totally agree. however you can shout all you want, you can tell a player what to do, but if htey dont want to do it, they won't

yorkshire-gooner
06-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Does anybody else think that Coquelin should be given more of a chance? He has showed real potential when he has been given a chance off of the bench, a lot more that Ramsey has!

Power n Glory
06-01-2013, 11:26 PM
But Wenger doesn't shout instructions and hardly ever leaves his box these days. He's more vocal with the officials than his players. Also, Theo isn't a disobedient player either. Wenger always praises his professional attitude and mentions how he listens and takes things in. Even Wenger wanted Theo to curb his attack and play deeper he could have sorted it with a simple instruction from the touchline or during halftime. Also, he's our higest goal scorer and has had a lot of success this season by playing off the shoulder of attacks. Maybe Wenger didn't want to curb that threat and see if he could be as dangerous from wide. Wenger did recently say Theo is happy to play anywhere recently.

But this is Wenger. Pod has games where he won't track back and Ramsey won't hug the touchline when playing wide and can often drift deep into the centre when wide. It's not just Theo. He gives a lot of players a free reign to interpret how they should function in the squad.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Strachan says Theo and Gibbs were fantastic. Can't disagree.

fakeyank
07-01-2013, 01:58 AM
i totally agree. however you can shout all you want, you can tell a player what to do, but if htey dont want to do it, they won't

:lol:

You really think Theo disobeyed AW and went to play in the middle?! You think he will challenge AW and win? TH14, Vieira, RVP all lost.. whats a midget like him going to do?

What do you think SAF or Mancini or Mourinho would have done if say RVP or Aguero or Ronaldo were told to play on the wing and strayed down the middle? Dont answer, its a rhetorical question... their asses would be subbed within 10 minutes!

Your statement implies that AW has no authority and players run rings around him and get away with him. While I think AW is a bumbling idiot as a football manager, I do know that he will not let a player tell or show him what to do! So that leaves us with the only plausible thing... Pushing him down the center was AW's master tactics! Dont go up in arms and say "AW would never do that!"... think about Ramsey and where he plays, think about his multitude of bizzare and stupid decisions over more than half a decade and you will know who is the culprit.

Joker
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM
There were people on this board who were saying that Theo should start from the right, given that he has freedom to roam around the pitch anyway. Yesterday, he did exactly that and is slated for it. He can't win really.

This isn't to say he played well yesterday btw.

Marc Overmars
07-01-2013, 10:16 AM
There were people on this board who were saying that Theo should start from the right, given that he has freedom to roam around the pitch anyway. Yesterday, he did exactly that and is slated for it. He can't win really.

This isn't to say he played well yesterday btw.

Of course but don't forget Ollie's first observation after Theo's Newcastle hatty was that they were "wingers goals". :lol:

If you want Theo to fuck off just say so, rather than make up thinly veiled critique.

LDG
07-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Theo was shit yesterday.

He was shit against Southampton.

He was very good against Newcastle.

Shit against Wigan.

Very good against Reading.

Consistency :bow:

Gooner23
07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Theo was shit yesterday.

Shit against Wigan.

Agreed. But he's certainly not the only one. Cazorla has had more poor games than good recently. Jack has struggled as well.

Doesn't help when you have no viable options in squad to rotate, or are unwilling to use the ones that could actually do a job i.e. Rosicky

Marc Overmars
07-01-2013, 11:09 AM
The only thing consistent about Feo and Arsenal is that they're inconsistent.

Power n Glory
07-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Of course but don't forget Ollie's first observation after Theo's Newcastle hatty was that they were "wingers goals". :lol:

If you want Theo to fuck off just say so, rather than make up thinly veiled critique.

LDG
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Agreed. But he's certainly not the only one. Cazorla has had more poor games than good recently. Jack has struggled as well.

Doesn't help when you have no viable options in squad to rotate, or are unwilling to use the ones that could actually do a job i.e. Rosicky

Quite right.

They are all woefully inconsistent. As a team, and as individuals. Can't think of one player this year who has been consistently good.

The whole set up stinks. It's tired. It lack imagination. It lacks spark. It lacks hard work. It lacks quality. Makes you wonder why the manager thinks it has spirit, desire and quality.

Gooner23
07-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Quite right.

They are all woefully inconsistent. As a team, and as individuals. Can't think of one player this year who has been consistently good.

The whole set up stinks. It's tired. It lack imagination. It lacks spark. It lacks hard work. It lacks quality. Makes you wonder why the manager thinks it has spirit, desire and quality.

I've just tried to think of one.. it's difficult. Jenkinson up until Sagna came back was pretty decent. But yeah, I got nothing.

I've been one of Wengers biggest supporters over the years, at times defending the indefensible. But I want him to leave now. I don't think he has it in him to turn the club around again, regardless of any new signings that are made. It's not going to happen anytime soon though, which I fear will make the split more acrimonious than it should be. Sad really.

LDG
07-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Yep. Same. I will always be thankful, but right now, he's driving a wedge between the club and its fans.

This crusade has gone on long enough, and it is now laughable. I always thought he could turn it around, but for whatever reason (stubborness, money, board, inability to adapt, etc etc...so many ways you can look at it) I don't believe he is capable of doing the job froma football point of view. He's a clever man, but his obsession is turning everything sour.

Gutted, tbf.

selassie
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Slightly off topic but I find it very strange that Rosicky isn't being given any game time. He was great last season and looked pretty good against Olympiakos earlier on in the season, he's not been given a single minute since.

Look I know the likes of "Ramsey" and "Coquelin" are Wengers's priorities/projects at the moment but it does baffle me that Rosicky gets no game time.

Power n Glory
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Slightly off topic but I find it very strange that Rosicky isn't being given any game time. He was great last season and looked pretty good against Olympiakos earlier on in the season, he's not been given a single minute since.

Look I know the likes of "Ramsey" and "Coquelin" are Wengers's priorities/projects at the moment but it does baffle me that Rosicky gets no game time.

As mentioned earlier by another poster, he turned our season around last year. But had Ramsey not been injured, it's very likely he'd have stayed on the bench like we're seeing now. Maybe Wenger is being cautious but yesterday was the sort of game he should have started. We've had a pile up of fixtures and Cazorla and Arteta look like they need a rest. Wilshere has only just got back from injury after a year out. Wenger has to use his resources better.

Fist of Lehmann
07-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Theo was shit yesterday.

Shit against Wigan.

Appropos of this: I put together a short analysis for the last 11 league games, using 4 players Theo & Pod, Wiltshire & Tets.

Theo had a highest variance in his performances (distance from the mean) than the other 3. In other words, he was the least consistent.

However, it should be noted that Pod showed a very similar pattern to Theo, compared to a much steadier output from the 2 CMs.

Maybe it's just part and parcel of being a forward, you're somewhat reliant on your teammates and you generally touch the ball less and lose possession more. If you don't score or assist you can end up looking ineffectual.

If Theo is going to stay and play CF, he needs to learn how to come short and link play when required. Clever teams will sit on Cazorla and starve him of supply.

fakeyank
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Quite right.

Just remember who our manager is..