PDA

View Full Version : Gervinho " I want to redeem myself in South Africa"

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Gervinho (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures) will seek redemption at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Arsenal forward has been called up to the Ivory Coast squad for this year's tournament in South Africa and he is determined to make amends for the 2012 final, when he missed the decisive penalty as the Elephants lost to Zambia.

That 8-7 shoot-out defeat took some getting over but it has given Gervinho (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures) an added incentive to help Ivory Coast ended their 21-year wait for the African title.

"I am very excited and I am even more motivated than last year where we lost in the final and got denied that trophy that we have been waiting for so long," he told Arsenal.com.

"We have the chance to redeem ourselves. We are determined to win it this year and free us from that spell which has been on us for a long time.

"It [the penalty miss last year] was very tough. I tried not to think about it. It should have been a great moment and it turned into a nightmare. It was frustrating. My aim is to redeem myself this time and I know I will do it.

"I missed my penalty last year but this time I will score the winner to offer the trophy to Ivory Coast. I have faith in myself and my team-mates. This year will be the one for us."

Ivory Coast begin their Cup of Nations campaign against Togo on January 22 and also face Tunisia and Algeria in Group D. The Elephants, finalists in two of the last four tournaments, are among the favourites again.

"We will aim to win every game until the end," said Gervinho (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures). "We are not getting carried away and thinking of the final yet but we want to stay focused for each game, and not panic.

"We learnt a lot from the defeat last season. We know we need to avoid the penalty kicks as we don’t have good takers, especially me!

"This is our European Championship. It’s the competition of the Africans. It’s the only competition that the African fans are really passionate about even if they love the domestic European leagues, the Champions League or the World Cup.

"This is their competition and they all want to win it. Each country and each president wants this trophy. It’s very special for us."

Source:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-want-to-redeem-myself-in-south-africa-

GP
09-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Good luck to him. Hopefully he can come back with a bit more confidence.

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Good luck to him. Hopefully he can come back with a bit more confidence.

when was the last time Arsenal had only 1 player at an African cup of nations?

cricketsi
09-01-2013, 05:45 PM
I assumed the title referred to him wanting to redeem himself for his poor form for Arsenal. That's what he should be feeling bad about!

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I assumed the title referred to him wanting to redeem himself for his poor form for Arsenal. That's what he should be feeling bad about!

same tbh

Gervinho :rose:

Özil's Panoramic View
09-01-2013, 05:49 PM

This^^

We pay the useless toad after all.

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
This^^

We pay the useless n word toad after all.
racist

Gervinho's Forehead
09-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I hope he's bought a one way ticket.

GP
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
racist

There's only one racist on gw.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-01-2013, 06:09 PM
racist

:o toads are black?

Boss
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Hope he doesn't come back.

Grebbo
09-01-2013, 06:15 PM
I hope he comes back as a footballer.

GP
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
:o toads are black?

No.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Toad_3D_Land.jpg

Marc Overmars
09-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Hope he doesn't come back.

:haha:

Agreed.

Kano
09-01-2013, 06:59 PM
hopefully he can come back and remember how to be a footballer for starters.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Never heard it called redeem before.

PGFC
09-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Good, He's going to shoot Adebayourdonkey.

LDG
09-01-2013, 07:35 PM
When he falls over, it makes me laugh.

Özim
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Same, who gives a sh*t what he does in the ACON.

Master Splinter
09-01-2013, 08:12 PM
A redeem FOR ALL OF AFRICA?

cricketsi
09-01-2013, 09:57 PM
hopefully he can come back and learn how to be a footballer for starters.

Just corrected your little mistake for you there.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-01-2013, 11:18 PM
redeem yourself by finding kony.

and losing your legs in the search.

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Talk is cheap. When was the last time he had a half decent game for the Arse? And now he wants to prove himself to who? Another dud signing in long list of *******s fuck ups, it's no wonder the board are refusing to give him any money, they dont trust his signings.

GP
13-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Talk is cheap. When was the last time he had a half decent game for the Arse? And now he wants to prove himself to who? Another dud signing in long list of *******s fuck ups, it's no wonder the board are refusing to give him any money, they dont trust his signings.

That doesn't even make sense.

Injury Time
13-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Talk is cheap. When was the last time he had a half decent game for the Arse? And now he wants to prove himself to who? Another dud signing in long list of *******s fuck ups, it's no wonder the board are refusing to give him any money, they dont trust his signings.I see we have signed Ashburtons replacement for GW