PDA

View Full Version : WUMming

Letters
11-01-2013, 09:37 AM
It's getting to unacceptable levels on here from some posters.

If you're posting like an opposition fan coming on here to wind up Arsenal fans, and some of you are, then we're going to start banning you from the threads where you do that. If you persist then we'll stop you posting completely for a time 'till you get it through your thick skulls that it's not acceptable.

Same goes for the tiresome point scoring

Stop it. Seriously.

Master Splinter
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal

Wenger: 'We are still working in the transfer market but we only want exceptional players'

Wenger: 'We try to give value for money. Our attitude is to achieve that'

Wenger: 'In England you are always under pressure to buy'

Wenger: 'There's different ways to be successful in football. Money helps but is not the only way'

Letters
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
:lol: Unfortunately I have no control over Wenger's output on Arsenal.com.
If he posted here he wouldn't last 5 mimnutes.

Letters
11-01-2013, 09:45 AM
5 mimnutes.
Yes, he'd be banned so quick I had to make up a new unit of time

:doh:

Master Splinter
11-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Mimnutes :bow:.

Charlie's Cousin unmasked :bow:.

KSE Comedy Club
11-01-2013, 09:56 AM
The proclamation has been revealed.

From now on the only measurement of time on goonersweb will be mimnutes!

Letters :bow:

Mimnutes :bow:

Kano
11-01-2013, 09:57 AM
what happened to charles?

not another one pissed off and left?

Master Splinter
11-01-2013, 10:00 AM
what happened to charles?

not another one pissed off and left?

He never said he was pissed off.

GP
11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Letters :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 11:46 AM
He never said he was pissed off.

he never said he said he was pissed off.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 11:47 AM
:lol: wumming

awful bumming.

GP
11-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Özil's Panoramic View
11-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Saw thread title and immediatelty thought that it was another Wenger bashing thread.

A prank taken too far, and by an Admin at that :sulk:

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Impressive. I haven't been on the WUM recently but others have stood up to the cause.

What about when the mods WUM?

Boss
11-01-2013, 01:44 PM
:popcorn:

Marc Overmars
11-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Been spending most our lives living in the WUMsters paradise.

Letters
11-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I haven't been on the WUM recently
:haha:

What about when the mods WUM?

If you feel we are then you're free to report the posts :good:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 01:51 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/JVD_me/Untitled-2.gif

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 02:28 PM

If you feel we are then you're free to report the posts :good:How do I report the mods deleting my posts for no reason?

Why am I removed from the Man City match thread? I don't remember wumming on that

LDG
11-01-2013, 02:32 PM
How do I report the mods deleting my posts for no reason?

Why am I removed from the Man City match thread? I don't remember wumming on that

You wum on everything, so you remembering or not, is niether here, nor there :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
11-01-2013, 02:33 PM

You could always report that to mods on another forum while you're checking out how long your posting style is tolerated there.

LDG
11-01-2013, 02:35 PM

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 02:39 PM
If you don't like my posting style, I suggest you leave :good:

Letters
11-01-2013, 02:42 PM
We don't do that.

You might not agree with the reason but that's not the same thing.

Letters
11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
You could always report that to mods on another forum while you're checking out how long your posting style is tolerated there.BAM! :lol:

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 02:47 PM
We don't do that.

You might not agree with the reason but that's not the same thing.Well I've been given no reason thus I think there is no reason.

For example, my post on the Henry thread Ollie made said something like "I'm happy he scored but not more so than any other player scoring"

Wtf is wrong with that? So being happy our player is scored is worthy of having a post deleted but racism, serious or otherwise by certain posters is allowed.

Yeah new mods needed.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Cripps, stop being all...Cripps and send me your quiz answers.

Özim
11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
There is some ridiculous stuff that is deleted at times.

I made a lighthearted comment as a joke a few days back, it got deleted.

Letters
11-01-2013, 03:03 PM
For example, my post on the Henry thread Ollie made said something like "I'm happy he scored but not more so than any other player scoring"

Wtf is wrong with that?The Henry goal was special, every Gooner could feel that. It doesn't need explaining why.
That post was just your typical style of saying the opposite of what most everyone else thinks just to get a reaction and a bit of attention.

It's really boring. Stop it.

The post I deleted from the City match thread was about hoping Giroud is injured. Again, no Gooner would actively wish one of our players injured (well OK, Gervinho maybe but Giroud, while no RvP, has been one of our top scorers). Even if you don't think he should start he's a better option to have on the bench than others. It was more attention seeking nonsense. And I've deleted other posts when you've acted like an opposition fan coming on here to wind up Gooners.

Stop it.

racism, serious or otherwise by certain posters is allowed.

Obviously serious racism isn't allowed, jokes are within reason and as before you're welcome to report posts you feel offensive.
Spurious reporting for the sake of it will be ignored though.

Yeah new mods needed.

As GB has indicated, you're welcome to find another board if you don't like this one. :good:

LDG
11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
There is some ridiculous stuff that is deleted at times.

I made a lighthearted comment as a joke a few days back, it got deleted.

It wasn't your bottlebank one again was it?

If it was, it might just have been deleted for overuse :sulk:

Özim
11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
It wasn't your bottlebank one again was it?

If it was, it might just have been deleted for overuse :sulk:
No I bottled it that time.

Letters
11-01-2013, 03:13 PM
He called Wenger a bumbling idiot. I will NOT put up with that sort of thing :sulk:

More seriously, it's always tricky to know where the line is

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 03:13 PM
The Henry goal was special, every Gooner could feel that. It doesn't need explaining why.
That post was just your typical style of saying the opposite of what most everyone else thinks just to get a reaction and a bit of attention.

It's really boring. Stop it.

The post I deleted from the City match thread was about hoping Giroud is injured. Again, no Gooner would actively wish one of our players injured (well OK, Gervinho maybe but Giroud, while no RvP, has been one of our top scorers). Even if you don't think he should start he's a better option to have on the bench than others. It was more attention seeking nonsense. And I've deleted other posts when you've acted like an opposition fan coming on here to wind up Gooners.

Stop it.

Obviously serious racism isn't allowed, jokes are within reason and as before you're welcome to report posts you feel offensive.
Spurious reporting for the sake of it will be ignored though.

As GB has indicated, you're welcome to find another board if you don't like this one. :good:
So now you're telling me how I should feel about players scoring?

I remember the Giroud post. I recall asking how the fuck he got injured but did I say I hope he is injured or that he doesn't play.

Letters
11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
but did I say I hope he is injured or that he doesn't play.
Yes.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
when you've acted like an opposition fan coming on here to wind up Gooners.

Ironically I'm probably the most die hard Arsenal fan on here. :ninja:

Özim
11-01-2013, 04:04 PM
More seriously, it's always tricky to know where the line is
Since you asked so nicely I'll let you know.

It's basically just below me. :lol:

server too busy!
11-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Tbh it gets to be like groundhog day on here, the same people are spouting the same shit regardless of results. Its coming to the stage that if we went on to win the league people would still complain about it not being justified. People are even hoping we get relegated or finished just off the drop zone just so that they're proved right, its ridiculous. What kind of a fan would want that truthfully?!

On top of that you've got Cripps just trying to irritate people to the point where no replies to him because everyone's blocked him.

LDG
11-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Tbh it gets to be like groundhog day on here, the same people are spouting the same shit regardless of results. Its coming to the stage that if we went on to win the league people would still complain about it not being justified. People are even hoping we get relegated or finished just off the drop zone just so that they're proved right, its ridiculous. What kind of a fan would want that truthfully?!

On top of that you've got Cripps just trying to irritate people to the point where no replies to him because everyone's blocked him.

:lol:

You're completely correct, tbf.

Power n Glory
11-01-2013, 05:04 PM
As GB has indicated, you're welcome to find another board if you don't like this one.

Any recommendations?

Maestro
11-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Wummersweb is going back to being Goonersweb

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Maybe they spout the same shit cos Arsenal produce the same shit all the time?

People have blocked me? Oh. Their loss

Joker
11-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Cripps is hardly the only one who WUMs. The anti Walcott brigade are the biggest WUMs around tbh.

In any case his Henry post wasn't a WUM attempt, I must admit that goal didn't lift me as much as it did for others, perhaps because we were in such dire form at the time.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Cripps is hardly the only one who WUMs. The anti Walcott brigade are the biggest WUMs around tbh.

In any case his Henry post wasn't a WUM attempt, I must admit that goal didn't lift me as much as it fid for others, perhaps because we were in such dire form at the time.Stop speaking sense.

Master Splinter
11-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Stop speaking sense.

You have to start something to stop it tbf.

Letters
11-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Cripps is hardly the only one who WUMs.
No he isn't and this thread isn't aimed solely at him.

fakeyank
11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Nazi Mods at GW :bow:

Letters
11-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Nazi Mods at GW :bow:
Your name vill also go on the list. Vot is it?

fakeyank
11-01-2013, 08:00 PM

Letters

PGFC
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Don't tell him fakeyank!

Letters
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
:patrice:

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 08:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PCxTGZynpo

Özim
11-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Regardless of results? Trouble is a few half decent results really don't change anything, we've had 7 years of this and what's actually improved/changed....absolutely nothing, if anything it's got worse.

We need a major change now and most people aren't fooled by a few results because in the end the same thing that happens every season will happen, so in effect a few results don't really make anyone happy anymore as they amount to another false dawn.

I'm not really enjoying watching us anymore, the club and team have no identity and everything is so predictable and when something is that predictable it just becomes boring, there no surprises, no excitement, no unexpected anymore it the same old same old all the time. In that sense I don't really care about the results anymore as I know they don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Injury Time
11-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Regardless of results? Trouble is a few half decent results really don't change anything, we've had 7 years of this and what's actually improved/changed....absolutely nothing, if anything it's got worse.

We need a major change now and most people aren't fooled by a few results because in the end the same thing that happens every season will happen, so in effect a few results don't really make anyone happy anymore as they amount to another false dawn.

I'm not really enjoying watching us anymore, the club and team have no identity and everything is so predictable and when something is that predictable it just becomes boring, there no surprises, no excitement, no unexpected anymore it the same old same old all the time. In that sense I don't really care about the results anymore as I know they don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
So to summarise wumming is all we have left.
FACT

-Xs-
11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
That, and calling wenger a ****

Injury Time
11-01-2013, 10:17 PM
That, and calling wenger a ****
That's Mr WUMger to you!!!!! Bloody wum <_<

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM

to be fair we dont have much else to talk about.

we never sign any major players in the transfer window.
we dont win any trophies.
we see the same mistakes for 7 years.

there is no progression at this club so what do we talk about?

we have a limited scope of topics to talk about and even when we do, its about the same thing year on year because we see the same mistakes, year on year, being made. so we either debate these points seriously every week which lets face it, is just unrealistic because it gets tedious after a while, or we debate them like we did for the first couple of seasons, and then begin adding some humour/banter/wit into it.

the team is letting us down so badly we have nothing to smile or talk about, so lets at least be banterous between ourselves.

i go on united/chelsea/even liverpool forums and they have new threads about new players, trophies, tactics etc. we have nothing because we arent moving forward. hence why we degenerate to witty remarks in every thread. in fact we even see the same threads made that were created years ago, 'will wenger change', 'why dont we spend money' etc, its all just being churned after a few seasons. most of it has been done to death. on top of that there's probably not going to be much change for the foreseeable future so people are probably thinking fuck it i cant be arsed to debate. whats the point.

if we stuck to serious debate this forum would quickly die out.

Dicks and chicks
11-01-2013, 10:42 PM
ok letters i know you are mad about the wumming but come on what do you expect, its been a farce the last 7 years, selling our best players and whenever we get a half decent team together we are one or two players away from getting a trophy wenger refused to bring in the players and as a result we have faced a trophy less 7 years. We have been utterly wummed by the board, refusing to invest and just collecting cash, we are one of the most expensive teams in the world to watch and for what? we are awful and we will never receive adequate investment with silent stan running things. Wenger has become a muppet, here to economise and collect his wage bill without giving a fuck of what the fans actually want. And you know the worse thing? we could have improved our squad massively this window by signing ba and Sneijder which would have cost 15 million combined, but no wenger was far too stubborn.

We've been wummed so badly the last few years and nothing will change while wenger is still manager, we have an awful team with no hunger or desire and a boardroom full of crooks, no wonder people are WUMming on here because there is no reason to be optimistic or believe that things will change. RVP leaving last summer for man utd was the last kick in the teeth for me.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
i should really read threads before posting in them.

people above me made the same points. what a waste of 5 minutes :angry:

Dicks and chicks
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
i should really read threads before posting in them.

people above me made the same points. what a waste of 5 minutes :angry:

your points were very good though, Letters blaming us for wumming when in actual fact theres nothing you can do when we've all been anal fucked so hard by the Arsenal board we can only joke around and try and look on the bright side.

milla
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
your points were very good though, Letters blaming us for wumming when in actual fact theres nothing you can do when we've all been anal fucked so hard by the Arsenal board we can only joke around and try and look on the bright side.

You lot just loving it.. :coffee:

Letters
11-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I do think the groundhog day nature of Arsenal these days has contributed to the decline of this board - what else is there to talk about when it's clear nothing is going to change in the short term. But that doesn't excuse the point scoring and WUMming from some. I'm not talking about a bit of joking around, I think most people know the sort of thing I'm getting at.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Am I going to be allowed on the Man City match thread?

It's important in terms of on of the GW quiz tbh

Xhaka Can’t
12-01-2013, 08:00 AM
If anyone is planning a post on the City thread, make it a good one.

Its getting closed after 114 posts.

Letters
12-01-2013, 09:05 AM

:lol:

Cripps, I don't know who is going to be around on Sunday. I'll be at the game (:ilt:). I don't trust you not to WUM so I'm not going to let you back on the thread. If Maccy or GB will be around and are happy to give you a chance then that's up to them, they'll probably block you again though if you start WUMming up the thread.

Dicks and chicks
12-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I do think the groundhog day nature of Arsenal these days has contributed to the decline of this board - what else is there to talk about when it's clear nothing is going to change in the short term. But that doesn't excuse the point scoring and WUMming from some. I'm not talking about a bit of joking around, I think most people know the sort of thing I'm getting at.

£60 for a ticket to see man city when we are 7 years without a trophy, thats the sort of WUMming this forum can never reach.

Dicks and chicks
12-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I'll be at the game (:ilt:)

you like burning money?

Letters
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM
you like burning money?
Dad and me got season tickets anyway so might as well go to the games.
Sometimes (Spurs, for example) it's still quite enjoyable.
Other times not so much.

Meh.

I don't plan to renew.

Injury Time
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Dad and me got season tickets anyway so might as well go to the games.
Sometimes (Spurs, for example) it's still quite enjoyable.
Other times not so much.

Meh.

I don't plan to renew.

:yikes:

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2013, 12:05 PM

I guess I'll mainly post a few comments about RvP (to wind Maccy up) and not much else. Maybe a few Theo :doh: a comment on 72 minutes about how shit the sub choices are, something about desperately needing a DM, maybe a brief attack on Ramsey, some boilerplate stuff on how laughable our defence is (still)

In fact there's no need to really post at all now, I'll just copy/ paste this.