PDA

View Full Version : Will Wenger change?

Dicks and chicks
11-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Will he?

GP
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes.

In fact I saw him buying a nice new suit yesterday.

Dicks and chicks
11-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes.

i disagree. Because its been 7 years and no change.

GP
11-01-2013, 10:56 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2306/skust.gif

Özil's Panoramic View
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes.

That didn't belong to him, I'm afraid.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
No.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 11:23 PM
He is still the same manager he always was tbh and always will be

Letters
11-01-2013, 11:26 PM
He is still the same manager he always was tbh and always will be
People keep saying how Wenger has changed. IMO the problem is he hasn't.

When he came to England his ideas were revolutionary, you didn't have billionaires throwing silly money around.
Football has moved on, Wenger hasn't.

And no, he won't change.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-01-2013, 11:27 PM
change what? that space jacket he wears on the touchline? doubt it.

Özim
12-01-2013, 12:17 AM
People keep saying how Wenger has changed. IMO the problem is he hasn't.

When he came to England his ideas were revolutionary, you didn't have billionaires throwing silly money around.
Football has moved on, Wenger hasn't.

And no, he won't change.
To be honest, even without Billionaires I don't think he'd compete, it's his principles and methods that are flawed these days...not just the fact other clubs have money.

fakeyank
12-01-2013, 12:32 AM
No

selassie
12-01-2013, 01:24 AM
No

I don't think he can change, what he is doing here he did at Monaco, they got shot of him when they finished 11th.

He's "deep in it" and I don't think he knows how to get out.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Yes.

Primark 6 pack in the January sales - reduced from £49 to £19 plus he had a voucher.

Ollie the Optimist
12-01-2013, 02:29 AM
To be honest, even without Billionaires I don't think he'd compete, it's his principles and methods that are flawed these days...not just the fact other clubs have money.

yeah apart from the unbeatables season, two other league titles, four fa cups, otherwise yeah he cant compete

fakeyank
12-01-2013, 03:24 AM
yeah apart from the unbeatables season, two other league titles, four fa cups, otherwise yeah he cant compete

Not challenging for any trophy of note in the last gazillion years, playing players out of position, brain fart tactics & substitution, imaginary domination, wasting money on useless players, putting faith in useless and injured players, losing the faith of pretty much every top player that has played... yeah he cant compete.

FYI, this is 2012 not 2004...

Globalgunner
12-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Highest paid manager in the PL. Wots to change?. Besides he can dine for free for at least 50 yrs in Ollies restuarant for the stuff he won a decade ago

Letters
12-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Not challenging for any trophy of note in the last gazillion years
To say we've not challenged at all in the last 7 years is plainly not true.

Letters
12-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Agree to an extent but the billionaires have changed the game and made it harder.

Özim
12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
That was 7 years ago, in the modern day he can't we've seen that...from the CC final, the collapses in the league to the regular defeats by much smaller clubs.

Özim
12-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Agree to an extent but the billionaires have changed the game and made it harder.
No doubt they have, but we're not short of a few bob ourselves and had he invested the money more wisely on the right players and replaced players who left adequately we'd be in a much better position. He always chosen the cheap cut price options and now the team reflects that.

Marc Overmars
12-01-2013, 11:38 AM
He's pretty much trapped in his own little dreamland now.

Everyone in England thinks the answer is to spend, the comment about Messi last week etc. He's totally lost sight of what the fans are actually concerned about.

All we seem to do now is fuel his tirade. He needs to go before he alienates everyone and is remembered more for the psycho he became and not the visionary he was.

Letters
12-01-2013, 11:42 AM
No doubt they have, but we're not short of a few bob ourselves and had he invested the money more wisely on the right players and replaced players who left adequately we'd be in a much better position. He always chosen the cheap cut price options and now the team reflects that.

Agree.

Whatever you may think, Wenger has done well at times over the last 7 years to keep us competitive despite not splashing out. That 'Eduardo' year we weren't far off the title, had we kept that side together and signed a couple of top players to push us on then we'd have been in a much stronger position. Instead year on year we've sold our best players and not replaced them. We got away with it last year because we still had one outstanding player who could make the difference, then we went and sold him and now we look like a very ordinary side. Still an above average side, we'll still be in the race for top 4, but we're depressingly ordinary compared with our best sides under Wenger. It's massively frustrating when a couple of top players which wouldn't have bankrupted us could have made a lot of difference :(

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Wenger, the board, everyone at Arsenal lost me when RvP was sold. Comments in the media, is there cash, isn't there cash, who controls policy - these are all up for debate, hyped, misreported, there are grey areas. But selling the most influential player in a team short of talent and selling him to the competition to transform them into a title winning side and us into guaranteed also-rans, that spoke louder than any interview or shareholders meeting. It stated we have zero ambition and our plan is to have zero ambition. And it confirmed all of them to be grade A liars.

It doesn't matter who changes, who comes, who goes. With the people we have in charge now and the intent they have shouted loud and clear we know that nothing will be done in their tenure to move this club in a positive direction. It's a waiting game, as a fan I am waiting for all of them to fuck off so I can recover a passion for the club. This isn't about sticking through thick and thin because even in the lean times a sporting outfit should be striving to be better. Motivation comes from the top. Hence nobody is motivated at Arsenal, from the gay yank at the top right down to many of even the most diehard fans. We know there's nothing worth getting excited about at this club because those who control the direction (including Wenger) have shouted it loud and clear.

I can never recall being so meh about a major game. I'll watch it out of habit but really, if they don't care how can I?

fakeyank
12-01-2013, 04:59 PM
To say we've not challenged at all in the last 7 years is plainly not true.

Barring our CL run to the final, which was incidentally 7 years back, we have reached two CC finals. Thats why I mentioned 'trophy of any note' coz CC is not a trophy of any note. Not that we won them anyway, our second CC final loss was so disastrous, I feel ashamed of the way the team played!
As for PL, we challenged till February, March may be in some seasons and then pissed off our chances. Sorry, thats not challenging in my book. Especially when you are talking about the great AW who went unbeaten a whole season, won 4 FA cups and 2 league titles.

The only thing AW has challenged in the last 7 years is the fans patience.. Man's a joke tbh!

Dicks and chicks
12-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Agree.

Whatever you may think, Wenger has done well at times over the last 7 years to keep us competitive despite not splashing out. That 'Eduardo' year we weren't far off the title, had we kept that side together and signed a couple of top players to push us on then we'd have been in a much stronger position. Instead year on year we've sold our best players and not replaced them. We got away with it last year because we still had one outstanding player who could make the difference, then we went and sold him and now we look like a very ordinary side. Still an above average side, we'll still be in the race for top 4, but we're depressingly ordinary compared with our best sides under Wenger. It's massively frustrating when a couple of top players which wouldn't have bankrupted us could have made a lot of difference :(

:gp: we were 2 quality signings away from winning the title in the eduardo year.

Dicks and chicks
12-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Wenger, the board, everyone at Arsenal lost me when RvP was sold. Comments in the media, is there cash, isn't there cash, who controls policy - these are all up for debate, hyped, misreported, there are grey areas. But selling the most influential player in a team short of talent and selling him to the competition to transform them into a title winning side and us into guaranteed also-rans, that spoke louder than any interview or shareholders meeting. It stated we have zero ambition and our plan is to have zero ambition. And it confirmed all of them to be grade A liars.

this is truer than a 1+1=2

Maestro
12-01-2013, 09:05 PM

It doesn't matter who changes, who comes, who goes. With the people we have in charge now and the intent they have shouted loud and clear we know that nothing will be done in their tenure to move this club in a positive direction. It's a waiting game, as a fan I am waiting for all of them to fuck off so I can recover a passion for the club. This isn't about sticking through thick and thin because even in the lean times a sporting outfit should be striving to be better. Motivation comes from the top. Hence nobody is motivated at Arsenal, from the gay yank at the top right down to many of even the most diehard fans. We know there's nothing worth getting excited about at this club because those who control the direction (including Wenger) have shouted it loud and clear.

I can never recall being so meh about a major game. I'll watch it out of habit but really, if they don't care how can I?

I too gave up at that point, and am still very enraged about selling the best player in the league to Utd, and for a pittance. Nothing they will say or do will change how I feel. They are all arseholes, the lot of them ...only us the fans actually know what it means to love this club, and it's hurting bad right now.

-Xs-
12-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Yep. The RVP transfer was the biggest insult I think the club have done in my lifetime, as far as I can remember offhand.

It would have been much more palatable to the fans if we'd sold him abroad for half, a third, or whatever the amount we sold him to utd for. You don't sell your best players to your supposed rivals! Completely unnaceptable and makes my blood boil every time I think about it.

GP
12-01-2013, 11:56 PM
He didn't want to go abroad.

-Xs-
13-01-2013, 12:08 AM
I thought the rumours at the time was that Juve only offered 10 mil or some shit like that? Do you think the club had absolutely no choice than to sell to one of the Manchester clubs?

GP
13-01-2013, 12:13 AM
No. I think we had absolutely no choice but to sell to Utd.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 12:17 AM
He didn't want to go abroad.

They should have let him go for free then and forced him to pick Utd without our consent. That transfer was an unambiguous broadcast from the club to the fans that read "Fuck you, you just don't matter, not even a bit!" Okay, no fan matters to the ****s in charge of football these days, but some of them are at least wary of crossing certain boundaries. Not our lot.

GP
13-01-2013, 12:18 AM
They should have flushed £25m down the toilet

A noble gesture I'm sure, but not really a realistic scenario.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 12:23 AM

We'll lose the value of the transfer fee, at the very least, if we don't grab 4th spot this year. And who knows what might have changed if he'd been forced to see out his contract? We did have a choice. They made the money choice as always. Let's hope Walcott is as good as he thinks he is otherwise the net result of the RvP saga will be a big fat zero.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 12:23 AM

We'll lose the value of the transfer fee, at the very least, if we don't grab 4th spot this year. And who knows what might have changed if he'd been forced to see out his contract? We did have a choice. They made the money choice as always. Let's hope Walcott is as good as he thinks he is otherwise the net result of the RvP saga will be a big fat zero.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 12:26 AM
A noble gesture I'm sure, but not really a realistic scenario.

They have no problem flushing £25mill and then some down the toilet on the likes of Ramsey, Chamakh, Bendtner, Santos. I don't think you are taking into account the fact we were in possession of far and away the best striker in world football. Now the club that had already opened a big gap on us have moved onto another level. This board has actually done more for Man Utd than it has ever done for Arsenal.

GP
13-01-2013, 12:28 AM
We were never in possession of Falcao.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 12:30 AM
We were never in possession of Falcao.

Great goal scorer, half the player RvP is.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-01-2013, 01:05 AM
is the sky red?

Maestro
13-01-2013, 09:54 AM
The fact that we found ourselves in that situation regards RVP's contract and others such as Nasri and now Theo, is all down to Stan, Gazdick and Wenget. Total fuck up from start to finish.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Yep. The RVP transfer was the biggest insult I think the club have done in my lifetime, as far as I can remember offhand.

It would have been much more palatable to the fans if we'd sold him abroad for half, a third, or whatever the amount we sold him to utd for. You don't sell your best players to your supposed rivals! Completely unnaceptable and makes my blood boil every time I think about it.

were you here when wenger sold wright?

still cannot believe wenger did that. a man who was our top goalscorer for 6 season's in a row and had plenty more to offer.

still to this day maintain that had we not sold wright united wouldn't have gone onto win the treble the following year. his goals would have made a huge difference.

Letters
13-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Course we did.

We could have kept him and better yet we could have tried to show RvP we were actually going to sign some headline players to help him out, show a bit of ambition and push us on to make us more competitive. RvP's statement about the direction of the club said what every Gooner is thinking but somehow he's a **** for saying it. We're Arsenal fans, we don't have a choice about who we follow (although we can choose not to keep funding them as I'm planning on doing), the players do have a choice and whatever posters they had on their wall when they were kids if they see the club they're playing for as a sinking ship and a club with more ambition and more chance of trophies offer them a lifeline then I don't blame them for taking it.

Arsenal had a choice, they chose to take the money.

GP
13-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Course we did.

We could have kept him and better yet we could have tried to show RvP we were actually going to sign some headline players to help him out, show a bit of ambition and push us on to make us more competitive. RvP's statement about the direction of the club said what every Gooner is thinking but somehow he's a **** for saying it. We're Arsenal fans, we don't have a choice about who we follow (although we can choose not to keep funding them as I'm planning on doing), the players do have a choice and whatever posters they had on their wall when they were kids if they see the club they're playing for as a sinking ship and a club with more ambition and more chance of trophies offer them a lifeline then I don't blame them for taking it.

You absolutely cannot hold on to a player who has publicly said 'The management are idiots and all my colleagues are shit'

His statement Was a massive 'fuck you'. There's no way he could have stayed, he made sure of that.

milla
13-01-2013, 11:05 AM
You absolutely cannot hold on to a player who has publicly said 'The management are idiots and all my colleagues are shit'

His statement Was a massive 'fuck you'. There's no way he could have stayed, he made sure of that.

The same message Wumger and the board sent to Arsenal fans every fekin week for the past few years. The same reason why Henry, Nasri, Cesc, Clichy, Adeisawhore etc left. Most who left made the right decision, at least the like of Eboue and Denilson could show off their medals to their kids and family. :coffee:

GP
13-01-2013, 11:06 AM
The same message Wumger and the board sent to Arsenal fans

No

Letters
13-01-2013, 12:44 PM
The same message Wumger and the board sent to Arsenal fans every fekin week for the past few years. The same reason why Henry, Nasri, Cesc, Clichy, Adeisawhore etc left.
That's not why any of those left.

Özim
13-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Course we did.

Great post totally agree, we had our chance to convince him, we failed and he decided to leave and then released the statement about his and the clubs ideas not being aligned.....it's wasn't a massive f*ck you to the club and fans, he'd decided to leave by then and we'd had our chance to convince him to stay.

He basically said what we already knew as you said.

Boss
13-01-2013, 01:28 PM
That's not why any of those left.

It's pretty much is tbf, albeit slightly exaggerated. All of them left us to win stuff.

Letters
13-01-2013, 01:35 PM
It's pretty much is tbf, albeit slightly exaggerated. All of them left us to win stuff.
Nah. They might have won stuff after they left but that's not why most of them left.
Henry had family issues. Nasri and Adebayor are greedy *****. Cesc went back to his boyhood club as we always knew he would.
Clichy maybe, not the rest though.

Dicks and chicks
13-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Nah. They might have won stuff after they left but that's not why most of them left.
Henry had family issues. Nasri and Adebayor are greedy *****. Cesc went back to his boyhood club as we always knew he would.
Clichy maybe, not the rest though.

Now you're the one Wumming us.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 02:32 PM
The fact that we found ourselves in that situation regards RVP's contract and others such as Nasri and now Theo, is all down to Stan, Gazdick and Wenget. Total fuck up from start to finish.

You'd almost think they were doing it on purpose so they could play the "no choice but to cash in" card.