PDA

View Full Version : Wenger handed the titel to Man Ure and left us even further behind selling them RVP!

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 02:32 PM
How the hell did the Wenger allow RVP to go to Man Ure so easily. A short call from Taggart and he simply laid down and allowed them to take our prize asset and worst of all strenghten then 1000 times over? I just don't get, we could have sold him to Juve, Real or Barcelona, but no, the fucking **** sells them to our rivals and now they are so much stronger and we are so much further behind. I cannot imagine any other top 6 premier league teams allowing their best player to go to a rival and make them so much more powerful then they already were previously. It makes my blood boil that this bastard is fucking allowed to make these decisions. It sickens me seeing RVP scoring for fun and Man Ure running away with the title. Just wanted to vent my anger and fustration.:angry:

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 02:38 PM
And then begs Taggart to sign nani who is absolute pants and gets a NO. We either make Citeh better or Man Ure, it's as if we are so shit which we are, that he doesnt have the ambition to win the league, rather challenge Cheslki and Spuds and Everton for 3 or 4th place, what a loser and a fucking muppet of manager.

LDG
13-01-2013, 02:39 PM
:yawn:

Joker
13-01-2013, 02:40 PM
RVP will bottle it at the tail end of the season. Remember how many chances he missed from March onwards last season?

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Please at least mention the American ****s at the club too. I think it's fair to say they are somewhat involved in the pillage at least. A bunch of fucking maggots hollowing the club from the inside out.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 02:43 PM
RVP will bottle it at the tail end of the season. Remember how many chances he missed from March onwards last season?

Yep, very true. Once he gets past the 30-40 goal mark he's shit.

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I know's it old news, but it still pisses me off to have allowed this sale to go through, we are the only club who sell our best players to our rivals, it's a farce and quite frankly I blame ******* more than the board and he has full control of contracts and he is the one who let RVP's contract run out to the end, he should have made him sign an improved contract with a sell out clause of £50 mill and not to be sold to any premiership top 4 sides.

Kano
13-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Yep, very true. Once he gets past the 30-40 goal mark he's shit.
although still streets ahead of falcao

:merse:

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I have to say if RvP had chosen City over Utd he could suddenly have become the best striker in the world. But when he went to Old Trafford it confirmed he's just a two season wonder who has conned everyone with his 100 game purple patch.

IBK
13-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Shows you how much Wenger has been infected by the second best mentality that our club has. I'm afraid that I don't share this shacked by the board mentality. Wenger is part and parcel of our 'small time' mentality.

selassie
14-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Sigh, this transfer really has damaged us a club IMHO. It's set a precedence to, that we will happily sell our best players to Man United/top 4 club/more ambitious domestic rival.

The sad thing is it wasn't even a drawn out saga, we just sold him to them pretty easily.

Grebbo
14-01-2013, 12:37 PM
RVP is the best striker in the league by a mile.

If we'd made him stay this season we'd have got one more season out of him then he'd of left for free. This season/next season, doesn't make much difference. Either way we're left trying to replace the irreplaceable.

There is not a striker in the world that could replace RVP for less than £40m.

selassie
14-01-2013, 01:04 PM

If we'd made him stay this season we'd have got one more season out of him then he'd of left for free. This season/next season, doesn't make much difference. Either way we're left trying to replace the irreplaceable.

Replacing RVP is even harder if you are a club that pretty much refuses to spend or spend adequately.

We have issues all over the team, sure losing RVP is one of them but we have other problems too...but I suppose that should be discussed in another thread.

Grebbo
14-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Replacing RVP is even harder if you are a club that pretty much refuses to spend or spend adequately.

We have issues all over the team, sure losing RVP is one of them but we have other problems too...but I suppose that should be discussed in another thread.

Oh I agree. I can safely predict that we'll never have a striker as good as him until this cycle of billionaire penis extensions ends. He's that good and we're that reluctant to invest.

RVP solves many team issues though. You can have an average defence and midfield but with him up front you'll always be near the top of the league.

selassie
14-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Oh I agree. I can safely predict that we'll never have a striker as good as him until this cycle of billionaire penis extensions ends. He's that good and we're that reluctant to invest.

RVP solves many team issues though. You can have an average defence and midfield but with him up front you'll always be near the top of the league.

Yep, last season proved that. He pretty much single handedly got us 3rd place.

-Xs-
15-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Yep, and with him in the team, Fergie will win the league at a cantor.

That's what good managers do; identify a weakness in the team, fix it. Not make excuses and come out with bizarre strawmans about signing messi. Wenger is such a ****.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm starting to think we shouldn't have sold all our best players and replaced them with crap.

LDG
15-01-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-has-chosen-secret-honour-1472689#comments

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-has-chosen-secret-honour-1472689#comments

:haha:

Agree 100% with the bit about more heat needed on the yank.

I'll start.

Kroenke the Clown - what a ****!

selassie
15-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Yep, and with him in the team, Fergie will win the league at a cantor.

That's what good managers do; identify a weakness in the team, fix it. Not make excuses and come out with bizarre strawmans about signing messi. Wenger is such a ****.

For sure, Fergie is pragmatic, Wenger isn't.

It's sad it's come to this, Wenger is pretty much on a crusade to prove everybody wrong. What other manager in the League comes out with statements such as "everybody in england thinks you solve problems by buying". Well if you don't address these problems internally then Buying is the only way we can solve the problem.

We need to buy better quality players, if it means over-spending then so be it, what are we waiting for?

It doesn't matter if it's January or August, go buy some players to improve the f*cking team cos as it stands we're not going to reach 4th place so no trophy this season!

Bergkampwonderland10
23-01-2013, 08:41 AM

Spot on, and the cost to us for not gaining CL qualification this season? Prob 40million in TV rights and the rest. Should have kept him for another season and allowed him to walk up to Manchester for free. At least we wouldn't have been gift-wrapping him to them. That, for me was the moment I think I knew there'd be no way back for Arsene Wenger - and to hug him at half time in front of the cameras was just as bad as Santos swapping shirts with him. Arsene you were once great, but I have not sung your name this season and probably wont ever again. Now David Dein, come and call me a fickle fan to my face...you slime bucket, power hungry, sell-out.

Kano
23-01-2013, 11:33 AM
i wouldn't say a mile at all - suarez is definitely up there and is great fun to watch as a neutral. a different type of player, granted, but proving to be just as effective and even more so for a team with far less ability. even if the little diver doesn't score, you can be sure he'll give maximum effort and do enough to keep his team mates on their toes.

for rvp's contract, once he decided not to sign, we were fucked either way. there is absolutely no way in this world that wenger and co would've been patted on the back for letting him go for free - after a season where there was every danger rvp could've 'invented' more injuries to keep out of the action, or just not given his all.

the club fucked up not getting rid of him with two years left on his contract. that also wouldn't of meant that we didn't make top four after his last season with us, because the world doesn't turn like that. you don't just pluck someone out of a situation and the space left behind just remains as it was - the dynamics would've changed, we could've got in other strikers/AM's whatever - the point being we wouldn't have been fucked over by the s**** and could've controlled WHERE we sold him - ie, abroad.

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2013, 12:09 PM
If we got rid of Van Persie with two years remaining on his contract, we most likely would not have qualified for the CL this season, nor would we have received as much money.

Had he seen out his contract it would likely have been cost neutral as the foregone transfer fee would have been recovered via CL qualification next season.

Letters
23-01-2013, 12:20 PM
How can we control where we sell someone? Players do have a choice where they sign.

Kano
23-01-2013, 12:27 PM
it would've given us more options that's for sure, instead of being backed into a corner where one team - our biggest rivals in the league - take him and reap the benefits.

@GB - the point i'm making is you don't look back on history and remove someone or something and everything plays out exactly the same, minus that person. the dynamics change, quite dramatically. maybe we wouldn't have made CL football but given this seasons likely outcome, what would be the difference. it may also have stopped this theo situation or anything similar taking place again as we sent out the right message.

i don't really care how much money we get back from him, as that money is never properly invested anyway, so it makes no difference to me. especially as i cancelled my season ticket, from a completely selfish point of view, the money means nothing anymore. what does grind me and seemingly a large majority of fans is selling him to the best team in England and making them even better, seeing him run about scoring every week and gloating his big dutch face in celebration.

there is no ideal outcome to the situation - either sold with two years, one year or for free - either way whatever i am saying is easy with hindsight, i know that. but looking back i would much prefer the club gave itself more options than the singular one it was left with in the summer.

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I agree with your sentiment, but I disagree that they had one option during the summer. It would also have sent a message had he been made to fully honour the contract. Additionally, where he subsequently signed would have been his business alone and would not have involved the club sending out the message it did by selling him to a rival.

I would certainly have preferred having him see out his contract.

GP
23-01-2013, 01:10 PM
I agree with your sentiment, but I disagree that they had one option during the summer. It would also have sent a message had he been made to fully honour the contract. Additionally, where he subsequently signed would have been his business alone and would not have involved the club sending out the message it did by selling him to a rival.

I would certainly have preferred having him see out his contract.

So would I, but realistically, that could never happen.

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Why not?

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Additionally, where he subsequently signed would have been his business alone and would not have involved the club sending out the message it did by selling him to a rival.

This is a key point (aside from the fact I think keeping him could have been the difference between CL footie this year and Thu nights on C5)

The club made a statement. Money is everything. There is nothing else, just money. The fans, rivalry, tradition, the message we sent to every other team in the league, our ambitions, name any aspect of football and they said fuck it, it's just about the money. 100% about the money and fuck all else. Their talk about not being able to afford to let him go on a free will be bullshit if we don't scrape 4th this year and even if we do it will hardly be the case of them making the best plans to ensure it. It'll be a fluke or a case of our closest (also-ran) rivals being even shittier. Guarantee their profits and gamble with the football, that's what they do. ****s.

Arsenal finally proved that old cliché wrong. One man can be bigger than the team. The board made this team very, very small when they sold RvP to Utd.

GP
23-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Why not?

If he'd privately gone the manager and asked to leave, and the manager said no, fine.

But the way he went about it, he knew he was making his position untenable.

So yeah, fuck him.

Letters
23-01-2013, 01:24 PM
He said what he to engineer a move but if we'd told him to STFU and play then I think he would have and not sulked round the place.
We'd have got CL football and after a few boos the moment he scored a goal or two everyone would have been singing his name again.

Marc Overmars
23-01-2013, 01:31 PM
We would have sold him statement or no statement.

GP
23-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Maybe, but the statement removed all doubt and literally left us no choice.

Which also left us no choice in where he went.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 01:36 PM

For footballing reasons. Fabregas, Song, Nasri, anyone who starts to make a serious impact. Sold. That's their game and every single time they play it they tell us they had no choice. You'd think if they were genuinely reluctant to sell and had been getting fucked over like this for several years they might change their policies. But no, and that's because they are working with the policy that suits them best. Open the shop, put the good stuf out front, sell, sell, sell.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe, but the statement removed all doubt and literally left us no choice.

Which also left us no choice in where he went.

The contract gave us the choice. Not ideal choices wither way but they had to make the decision to sell to Utd and that's the choice they took.

Power n Glory
23-01-2013, 01:41 PM
He said what he to engineer a move but if we'd told him to STFU and play then I think he would have and not sulked round the place.
We'd have got CL football and after a few boos the moment he scored a goal or two everyone would have been singing his name again.

He said what he said because we tried to suggest he was moving for money and linked him to Man City. Follow the chain of events and you'll see that the decision to sell was made very early and before the Euros when he had his talks with Wenger and Gazidis. Months later, Wenger confirms that he didn't want to go to City so you have to question what the heck that City leak from PHW was about in the first place.

Alos, let's not ignore Wenger's comments about player peak and massive contracts. The club knew they weren't going to keep RVP which is why we moved for Podolski and Giroud so early. They were his replacements.

We should have kept in for the year but this has all been a domino effect. If we'd have strengthend the squad when we had Nasri and Cesc, they'd have been happy to see out another season and if they'd have stayed contract negotiations would have gone done well with RVP.

Power n Glory
23-01-2013, 01:44 PM

:gp: It was decided before the statement. Talks were held before the Euros.

Bergkampwonderland10
23-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Also,let's not ignore Wenger's comments about player peak and massive contracts. The club knew they weren't going to keep RVP which is why we moved for Podolski and Giroud so early. They were his replacements.

We should have kept in for the year but this has all been a domino effect. If we'd have strengthend the squad when we had Nasri and Cesc, they'd have been happy to see out another season and if they'd have stayed contract negotiations would have gone done well with RVP.

Not sure Wenger is the best judge of player peak to be fair, at least not in recent years. And while a player may have peaked on the pitch, his off the pitch influence and playing the odd game here and there can far outweigh selling him off on the cheap...at least until we have blooded the replacement. I can imagine the scenario of Van Persie spending 7 seasons on the Arsenal treatment table and playing for a good 4 years injury free as a striker at Utd...22million transfer fee looks pittance then, doesn't it? Fergie was desperate for Van Persie, Wenger must have known that - if we were going to sell, it should have been for over 30million at least, closer to 40 imo. 22m or what's more likely going turn into 24m when they lift the premiership was pathetic, when you think Milner, Barry, Lescott, Adebayor, Nasri all went for similar fees to City. Despite that, he still should have been made to see out his contract and that will be even more telling if we fail to get CL football this season, which looks increasingly unlikely. He would have had no where to hide, had he walked up to Manchester on his own free will come June this year...but now he can claim that we 'sold out' just as we did with the whin ger Fabregas. I agree with your domino effect analogy...dismantling the old guys in the manner it was done - before blooding replacements was where it all went wrong.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 02:00 PM
He said what he said because we tried to suggest he was moving for money and linked him to Man City. Follow the chain of events and you'll see that the decision to sell was made very early and before the Euros when he had his talks with Wenger and Gazidis. Months later, Wenger confirms that he didn't want to go to City so you have to question what the heck that City leak from PHW was about in the first place.

Alos, let's not ignore Wenger's comments about player peak and massive contracts. The club knew they weren't going to keep RVP which is why we moved for Podolski and Giroud so early. They were his replacements.

That's right too. Our crappy selling policy has heaped one problem on top of another. Inevitability has become their convenience. They made the problem and then they wring their hands and say they are powerless.

RvP, Wenger, the board, none of them respect or even consider the fans. If they want to fight then instead of slinging shit at each other in public in an internal argument they should stop for a second and look out the double glazing from their leather chairs and maybe they'll see 60K odd people out there who pay the bills. Wonder when they last noticed?

Özim
23-01-2013, 02:26 PM
This is such nonsense, he made the statement after it had been decided he'd be leaving, by then he'd already talked it through with the board and clearly they'd agreed to let him go.

Had they not, then he wouldn't have said anything.

Power n Glory
23-01-2013, 03:03 PM
It was a dodgy move. He was banned from talking to the press and then PHW tried to make out that we couldn't afford his wages and he'd been lured away by City.

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2013, 03:13 PM
How is PHW these days?