PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction: Arsenal v Man City

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 05:54 PM
At last, the Club responds to all those accusations that we're handing the title to Man United.

GP
13-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Result flattered City. We were the better side, especially 2nd half despite it being 10v12.

GP
13-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Ramsey did really well and Jack was great again, despite being kicked literally 11 hundred times.

KSE Comedy Club
13-01-2013, 05:58 PM
We lost.

Again.

Yay.

Joker
13-01-2013, 05:59 PM
City deservedly won the game, even though they don't look a great side this season. No complaints about the referee, the red card and penalty was clear (even Arseblog says so), the 2nd goal for Dzeko wasn't offside and if anything, the only major decision that was dodgy was the Kompany red card. I hope Wenger doesn't blame the referee after the match, the fault mainly lies with Koscielny's clueless defending and both goals were completely avoidable if we were switched on.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Stop mentioning Arseblog!

Anyway, though:

Fuck.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Ramsey did really well and Jack was great again, despite being kicked literally 11 hundred times.

jack was supberb today but we need a "lauren" to kick the shit out of those ****s who think he is fair game. kompany was clearly a red as a two footed challenge. jack was superb.

the rest are a waste of space.

mike dean is a fucking **** and should go play with traffic. how many times did city have to foul to then get booked? dzecko should have been sent off for about 5 yellows.

fakeyank
13-01-2013, 06:00 PM
City deservedly won the game, even though they don't look a great side this season. No complaints about the referee, the red card and penalty was clear (even Arseblog says so), the 2nd goal for Dzeko wasn't offside and if anything, the only major decision that was dodgy was the Kompany red card. I hope Wenger doesn't blame the referee after the match, the fault mainly lies with Koscielny's clueless defending and both goals were completely avoidable if we were switched on.

:gp:

Pretty much. Why Mert didnt start ahead of Kos is beyond me.. that guy is a brain fart waiting to happen!

GP
13-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Giroud had more touches of the ball today despite only playing for half an hour.

It's quite clear Theo should be back on the wing.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:01 PM
jack was supberb today but we need a "lauren" to kick the shit out of those ****s who think he is fair game. kompany was clearly a red as a two footed challenge. jack was superb.

mike dean is a fucking **** and should go play with traffic. how many times did city have to foul to then get booked? dzecko should have been sent off for about 5 yellows.

Jack was dishing it out as much as he was taking it, he can have no complaints.

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Koscielny would have been better off letting him shoot. Yeah Captain Obvious here, but you can't have a player in a bearhug. Disappointing game but at least the second half didn't just die. Good performances in bad circumstances from a few of them out there. Let's hope Diaby can survive another game or two.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:02 PM

End of the day your boys grabbed the points which is what counts.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:03 PM

No doubt about Dzeko, more fouls than could be counted but dean ignored them all.

Özim
13-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Well beaten today, rarely created anything even when it was 10 against 10.

First goal was an awful error and shocking bit of defending. Second goal was some shocking defending again, Gibbs was weak at the started of it.

It's a good thing Aguero is injured or he would have converted several of the chances Dzeko missed and made it much worse.

Master Splinter
13-01-2013, 06:05 PM
11 v 11 it was 0-0.

10 v 11 it was 0-2.

10 v 10 it was 0-0.

Arsenal :bow:.

Newguy
Dug in but quality wise we were poor. Tactically Wenger was poor. Should have pushed Theo wide right, funnily enough his best chance came when he drifted in from the right.

Kos shouldn't have started considering that they were starting dzeko, mertz was needed.

Sagna.....Hes dreadful, doesn't give a shit in defence and cannot beat the first man with a cross, please get Jenkinson back in the starting line up asap.

Wenger will obviously use the sending off as reason as to why we lost but i think we take too long to get into games and we pay the price time and time again.

Ollie the Optimist
three players get credit today. chesney jack and ramsey. all were briliant today. the rest can jsut fuck off.

Dennis Bendtner
I think a lot of people's thoughts about Sagna are probably being realised. He has lost a yard which is not unusual for full-backs around his age. Evra and Cole have had similar runs. Probably part of the reason for the reluctance to give him a longer deal. Jenkinson would not be a bad option.

Japan Shaking All Over
Didnt watch the game but sounds like Jokers found his pussu again!

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:06 PM
End of the day your boys grabbed the points which is what counts.

You can be such a boring **** when you keep going on about me being a City supporter :yawn:

That goes for all the other twats as well. Gervinho's Forehead has already been hounded out of this forum for giving his opinion but I still wish to give my opinion whether you like it or not.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2013, 06:08 PM
The sort of dire performance we've come to expect from this team.

Nothing new here.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:09 PM
You can be such a boring cunt when you keep going on about me being a City supporter :yawn:

That goes for all the other twats as well. Gervinho's Forehead has already been hounded out of this forum for giving his opinion but I still wish to give my opinion whether you like it or not.

I just assumed from your gloating you we're a city fan?

Xhaka Can’t
You can be such a boring cunt when you keep going on about me being a City supporter :yawn:

GF has not been hounded out - the rest of your post has merit.

Xhaka Can’t
I just assumed from your gloating you we're a city fan?

Cut it out.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:10 PM
three players get credit today. chesney jack and ramsey. all were briliant today. the rest can jsut fuck off.

Pods worked hard.

notwist
I think AW missed a trick today. We have 32 games to try to top the league we're in and this wasn't one of them. He should have rested half the team and took it on the chin, especially with the hectic schedule coming up. It's time to be pragmatic and keep the eye on the fourth place prize, rather than chasing these sorts of games.

GP
Cut it out.

The gloating is a bit odd, tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Gervinho's Forehead went? :lol:

One less bot in the match thread did make a difference to be fair.

crashley
Yep Mike Dean is fucking bent! Taking it in every hole from each side of Manchester. As if Dzeko was going to get to that before Szcz, goal scoring chance? Bollocks!
It's impossible to compete against a side like that a man down for so long, but a great response from us in the second half, actually thought we'd get one back, but that thing from Night Breed cleared off the line.
Confident we have enough to see off Everton pretty quickly, but it could come down to the last match again to see off the Spunts if their annual collapse doesn't show signs of appearance soon.

Özil's Panoramic View
At least we avoided an embarrassing loss. I was real nervy after their 2nd goal and it seemed as if they were going to steamroll us.

Not that Mert is much of a defender, but Wenger had no place starting an obviously worse Kos ahead of him, especially for a fixture of this magnitude.

Arsenal CL footie faces a real threat now for the 1st time in many years.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:18 PM
The gloating is a bit odd, tbh.

What gloating? All I said was City deserved to win the match and that we can't complain about the referee. Not a hint of "I told you so" or petty point scoring.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Fuck off Mancini you gypsy ****.

Özim
13-01-2013, 06:20 PM
What gloating? All I said was City deserved to win the match and that we can't complain about the referee. Not a hint of "I told you so" or petty point scoring.
Pretty much, you're entitled to have your opinion and there was nothing wrong with your post.

Özim
13-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Wonder whether Wenger will appeal against Koscielny's red card, like Mancini is with Kompany's.

I think not :lol:

If he thought it wasn't he would.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Can we just comment on the match?

This is not a 'poster reaction' thread.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Pretty much, you're entitled to have your opinion and there was nothing wrong with your post.

Agreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Oh wait.... Not everyone obviously.

Özim
13-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Agreed, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Oh wait.... Not everyone obviously.
Opinion about the match, not other posters. This is about the match after all not individual posters.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Opinion about the match, not other posters. This is about the match after all not individual posters.

Fair enough, but that gives a lot of scope to the wind up merchants.

topgun
13-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Exactly ,well said. :oldboy:

Newguy
If we manage 4th this season I'll be shocked. Chelsea next week...we'll lose that, then fat Sam's West Ham...we could lose that...followed by Liverpool...we could lose that also.

We could be 8th or 9th by Feb.

This side just don't work hard enough without the ball, until we sort this out we will struggle.

Joker
Thankfully Wenger doesn't whine about the referee.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Wenger does not think Kompany should have been sent off.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Wenger's on.

down to 10, difficult game, too timid at start, let them dictate, we were punished, in second half good response, chance to come back, we didn't, surprised by pen decision, we have to live with it, cheap goals given away, lack of concentration for first goal, should have won challenges on second goal, bit nervous at home, lack authority, we start games a bit dodgy, kompany sending off looked like both p,ayers going for ball, hack getting stronger, Diaby came through we'll, overall the team ave everything, when you don't start we'll you have to go from 1st to last minute.

GP
13-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Wenger does not think Kompany should have been sent off.

He definitely should have.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Kompany should sort out his tackling technique because those sort of tackles can always get you into trouble depending on the referee's interpretation, even though it was a harsh sending off.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Kompany should sort out his tackling technique because those sort of tackles can always get you into trouble depending on the referee's interpretation, even though it was a harsh sending off.

it really wasnt. he lunged in with studs showing and both feet off the ground. thats a straight red card

Özil's Panoramic View
13-01-2013, 06:36 PM

No disrespect intended, but your posts do have a certain tone to them.

GP
13-01-2013, 06:38 PM
it really wasnt. he lunged in with studs showing and both feet off the ground. thats a straight red card

:gp:

Kompany's red was the more blatant of the two.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:40 PM

It was very harsh. If anything the player from that team in the red kit should have been booked.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:42 PM

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-vincent-kompany-red-card-v-arsenal-angle-1/

It's not an ideal way to tackle, but still I can understand why they'd feel hard done by. It's not really a lunge, and he doesn't really make contact with Wilshere.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:43 PM
No disrespect intended, but your posts do have a certain tone to them.

What tone is that then?

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-01-2013, 06:45 PM
If we manage 4th this season I'll be shocked. Chelsea next week...we'll lose that, then fat Sam's West Ham...we could lose that...followed by Liverpool...we could lose that also.

We could be 8th or 9th by Feb.

This side just don't work hard enough without the ball, until we sort this out we will struggle.
A horrific 0-0 draw where you are terrible in the first half, and we are terrible in the second.

I'm personally hoping for another one like last (?) April. Two goals in 12 minutes of stoppage time. Us equalising obviously.

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Arteta's out for three weeks.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-vincent-kompany-red-card-v-arsenal-angle-1/

It's not an ideal way to tackle, but still I can understand why they'd feel hard done by. It's not really a lunge, and he doesn't really make contact with Wilshere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Ojnazsq0c

watch the replay from about 17 seconds, you will clearly see both feet are off the ground pointing in jacks direction. tahts not allowed. thats a two footed challenge. thats a red card.

any reason though as to why you are saying city wasnt a red yet arsenals was?

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:50 PM

True, I don't think there was any need for Dean to apply the written rules in that situation. It was unfair on the super blues. Even though lunging in with both feet off the ground in an uncontrolled manner is an automatic red card there should still be leeway for the ref to make up the rules as he goes. Mancini's blue and white army still got the result, which was a fair outcome if I put aside being a fan for the time being and instead become a neutral, but Dean's bias against the champions (champions, champio-nes, we are, we are, we) was a little bit obvious.

Boss
13-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Match reaction... early sending off distorts the game, can't really conclude anything about our long term ambitions from this game.

- Wilshere is class and will only get better.

- We missed Arteta badly today, Diaby was a noshow throughout the game.

- Walcott was shocking, hopefully this ends any talk about him playing as a central striker.

- Chesney is top notch, if not for him the score would be at least double.

- Sagna needs a break, Giroud needs to improve his heading ability.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Arteta's out for three weeks.

FFS, two weeks = the whole season so wtf does 3 weeks mean?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Arteta is a GHEL at heart, he'll be back on schedule.

Maybe WUMger could bless us with playing players that actually make up the 'two in evey position' he mentioned? Probably not though.

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:53 PM
any reason though as to why you are saying city wasnt a red yet arsenals was?

Because that's my opinion? I'm not just going to do what some people on this board do and say everything Arsenal do is correct and everything the opposition do is wrong. It's simply my opinion, if you disagree fine. IMO the second foot is not really going into the tackle, which is why I don't think it's a red.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Arteta is a GHEL at heart, he'll be back on schedule.

Maybe WUMger could bless us with playing players that actually make up the 'two in evey position' he mentioned? Probably not though.

As long as Gibbs doesn't get injured for more than 5 minutes. He's probably our most important player now, the only thing standing between Arsenal and Santos.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 06:56 PM
was amazing to see how much mike dean wanted to make the game about him today. wearing green boots as if to say look at me. gets booed off at half time, loves it cos it means everyone looking at him, so he waits for all hte players to be on the pitch for second half, before he makes his entrance just so everyone gives him their attention. ****

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2013, 06:57 PM
As long as Gibbs doesn't get injured for more than 5 minutes. He's probably our most important player now, the only thing standing between Arsenal and Santos.

Those glass legs are gonna break soon.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 06:57 PM

is this a bad time to mention taht for our next game (i think kos is a one match ban) squallichi is our back up CB?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2013, 06:58 PM
On another note, I thought Clichy had a very good game. :sick:

Joker
13-01-2013, 06:59 PM
On another note, I thought Clichy had a very good game. :sick:

Yeah thought he was good, although he put in his customary shite crosses again.

Felt the booing (albeit somewhat half hearted) was harsh as well. He was a loyal servant, didn't make a fuss when leaving and comes across as a good professional.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 07:00 PM
clichy didnt really need to do anything to have a good game though. theres no need to mark sagna because when he puts his crosses in it just goes to the first man. if ox had played, it might have been different, but thanks to dean/kos we wont know

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Match reaction... early sending off distorts the game, can't really conclude anything about our long term ambitions from this game.

- Walcott was shocking, hopefully this ends any talk about him playing as a central striker.

While technically you aren't wrong, your assessment of Diaby is a bit harsh given he has just come back. Hopefully he'll improve to levels he is more capable of - assuming he doesn't fall apart for another 6 months.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah thought he was good, although he put in his customary shite crosses again.

Felt the booing (albeit somewhat half hearted) was harsh as well. He was a loyal servant, didn't make a fuss when leaving and comes across as a good professional.

We need to get this tribal rivalry bullshit out of football. There's no place for it in team competition.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:04 PM
is this a bad time to mention taht for our next game (i think kos is a one match ban) squallichi is our back up CB?

Are you implying there's a good time to mention squillaci still being on the roster?

Özim
13-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Arteta has gone missing recently, not sure we missed him that much. We don't have a quality defensively minded midfielder.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:05 PM
was amazing to see how much mike dean wanted to make the game about him today. wearing green boots as if to say look at me. gets booed off at half time, loves it cos it means everyone looking at him, so he waits for all hte players to be on the pitch for second half, before he makes his entrance just so everyone gives him their attention. ****

? Well if footballs not about mike dean then what the fuck is it about?

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 07:05 PM
While technically you aren't wrong, your assessment of Diaby is a bit harsh given he has just come back. Hopefully he'll improve to levels he is more capable of - assuming he doesn't fall apart for another 6 months.

The unfortunate part - worsened by Arteta's injury - is the need for him to begin performing as soon as possible. He is very capable of it but that pressure allied with his injury record makes it difficult. In a good run he can provide unique qualities, even compared with others in the league.

Özim
13-01-2013, 07:06 PM

We would have got beaten and we will get beaten next week. The outcome will be much the same, Koscielny has been pretty poor this season and is liable to make an error like he did today.

Granted Squillaci is sh*t, won't affect the outcome of the game though.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 07:07 PM
? Well if footballs not about mike dean then what the fuck is it about?

It's about living within our means while paying Chamakh £60k a week.

Kano
13-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Funnily enough we actually showed 'character, grit and determination' the problem was by then we were a man short and did not have the strength to break through city's strong midfield and defence.

Koscienly was rash but could have got away with that any other week but I have more of problem (again) with vermaelen and gibbs who made terrible decisions in the first half, which is where the game was lost.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:08 PM
It's about living within our means while paying Chamakh £60k a week.

Damn, first time I've ever been unhappy about football not being all about mike dean.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Funnily enough we actually showed 'character, grit and determination' the problem was by then we were a man short and did not have the strength to break through city's strong midfield and defence.

Koscienly was rash but could have got away with that any other week but I have more of problem (again) with vermaelen and gibbs who made terrible decisions in the first half, which is where the game was lost.

Yep, I enjoyed the second half in a kind if resigned, bloody minded way. I thought we showed a bit more fight than usual, albeit against a poor side. But there were times in the (now distant) past I would ave given us a prayer in that situation. Not now though, we were never getting ack into that game.

Kano
13-01-2013, 07:11 PM
no all you ever do is complain (even after victory) about arsenal and set up threads defending man city and their approach to the game.

it is no surprise that some people (mostly me) can get wound up by someone who offers NO support to their team and praises others. no surprise you have that tag and also the mods have to understand that too.

anyway, that's all i'm saying on the matter and my opinion of you as a city supporter won't change - because you are one.

also, you cannot 'hound' someone off an internet forum. this isn't syria.

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Yep, I enjoyed the second half in a kind if resigned, bloody minded way.

Likewise. It was messy but it wasn't a total letdown. A few of them played well. Particularly happy to see Ramsey have a good time of it. You can tell as much by the lack of internet heroes bemoaning his existence after a defeat. He's got class.

Özim
13-01-2013, 07:24 PM
After the match Sky pointed out our stadium wasn't full and that ticket prices are a problem, this is the 1st time this has actually come up anywhere (well first time due to the City supporters not turning up).

This problem is likely to become an issue for the board now due to this incident.

Souness also reckons we're one of the great clubs that do things the right way and that we've decided we won't spend big and won't pay big salaries and that basically that's the way it is and the fans will have to live with it.

He's right of course, but it's the first time someone on Sky or TV has ever said something like that, he also thought that we just don't have the quality to get us out of jail like last season and that we really need someone to put the ball in the net, not rocket science of course but Wenger doesn't seem to see it.

Redknapp though losing Walcott now is only a problem as we no longer have the likes of RVP about, if we did then we'd be able to play hard ball and not give in to his demands, but now effectively we have little choice as we have no other players to rely on for goals.

Souness also thought we shouldn't allow Walcott to dictate where he should play.

Özim
13-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Yep, I enjoyed the second half in a kind if resigned, bloody minded way. I thought we showed a bit more fight than usual, albeit against a poor side. But there were times in the (now distant) past I would ave given us a prayer in that situation. Not now though, we were never getting ack into that game.
We were OK in the 2nd half, we huffed and puffed and in all honesty we never were going to get back into it, but we were much better than in the 1st. City lacked urgency today, at 2-0 they seem to take their foot of the gas, I wonder whether the lack of Aguero's pace up front made them less efficient going forward, his skills and ability to finish always seems to make them a threat everytime they come forward.

Even if it had been 11 vs 11 we wouldn't have won IMO, we largely struggled to get through City's organised defence.

Kano
13-01-2013, 07:33 PM
even with eleven men on the pitch I agree - mainly down to the lack of strength and of course our ability to royally fuck it up in defence. we were ok, nothing more than that and that is really the standard of where we stand as a club right now. Just ok.

GP
13-01-2013, 07:36 PM
If we don't sign some players in the next 7 days I'll begin to think the manager might not be the man for the job.

Kano
13-01-2013, 07:38 PM
If we don't sign some players in the next 7 days I'll begin to think the manager might not be the man for the job.
but if he does do you really think he is the man to get the most out of them to change where the season is heading?

Letters
13-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Even if it had been 11 vs 11 we wouldn't have won IMO, we largely struggled to get through City's organised defence.I reckon we'd have got a point, agree we'd probably not have won but we'll never know.

Just looked it up and seen a replay of the incident, definite penalty (although how often do we see players get away with that sort of thing). Sending off? I dunno, he was 'last man' but the way the ball bounced Chesney had a decent chance of getting there first. The ref could have used a bit of common sense - the penalty was a better 'goal scoring chance' than they would have had anyway. At least with 11 on 11 we've got a game. But no, Dean couldn't get his red card out quick enough and soon as he did that we had next to no chance.

No complaints about our performance today, especially 2nd half we gave it a real go against a better side when we were down a man and the ref was giving us nothing.

GP
13-01-2013, 07:40 PM
but if he does do you really think he is the man to get the most out of them to change where the season is heading?

Don't change the subject.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2013, 07:46 PM
I am still amazed at how shit Sagans crossing ability is. What a waster.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I am still amazed at how shit Sagans crossing ability is. What a waster.

it does beg the question, is he worth the new contract?

GP
13-01-2013, 07:48 PM
He's not been at his best lately, granted, but he's still a class act.

Power n Glory
13-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Can't take much away from that game. It was over as soon as Kos had his usual mental lapse. Complete idiot. Seemed harsh to send him off but can't excuse awful defending either.

On to the next game. We have a hard run coming up.

Also, this place is becoming way too bitchy. Sort it out lads!

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2013, 07:52 PM
His crossing has been awful for a long time as evidenced by the stats. That's not new, it's more that he looks to have lost a yard of pace and as a full-back you will always be vulnerable when that happens. Perhaps associated with the injuries he's had? He is nearly thirty though. I've suspected for a while that the one-year extension offer has a lot to do with that. Wenger's stats and all that.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 07:53 PM
He's not been at his best lately, granted, but he's still a class act.

i accept its his first real drop in form while he has been here, but its been quite a while since he had a great game. the last one i can think of was spurs at home. i hope he improves because he is a class act, but if he doesnt, not sure its owrth the risk. esp as full backs have to be able to cross and he cant do that

Özim
13-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I reckon we'd have got a point, agree we'd probably not have won but we'll never know.

Just looked it up and seen a replay of the incident, definite penalty (although how often do we see players get away with that sort of thing). Sending off? I dunno, he was 'last man' but the way the ball bounced Chesney had a decent chance of getting there first. The ref could have used a bit of common sense - the penalty was a better 'goal scoring chance' than they would have had anyway. At least with 11 on 11 we've got a game. But no, Dean couldn't get his red card out quick enough and soon as he did that we had next to no chance.

No complaints about our performance today, especially 2nd half we gave it a real go against a better side when we were down a man and the ref was giving us nothing.
I agree we might have got a draw, but at the same time City might have played with more urgency to try and get the win. At 2-0 they seem to pretty much settle for the scoreline rather than trying to get more goals.

I still think it warranted a red as I thought Dzeko was close enough to get it, penalties are down to luck as well, keeper dives one way and if he goes the right way he has a great chance....saving from open play is harder as you're reacting to what's happening around you as well. He did send off Dzeko, they were debating this on Sky as Mancini is going to appeal, one angle looked bad the other didn't....warranted a red but could have easily got away with it.

Man City were missing Aguero who I think makes a huge difference to them, he's a real livewire but yes they're a better side and we did have a go, albeit without offering much of a threat.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I still think Sagan is a solid RB but as an outlet he is garbage.

For some reason we tend to bring him into the game all the time but rarely seem to use Gibbs who is far more restricted.

notwist
13-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Looking on the bright side, after next week's defeat, we have 15 games to fight for fourth place. I don't count the United game and hope Wenger has the good sense to put out the reserves and save the players for games in which we are competitive.

The distraction of the CL will soon be over.

The FA Cup must be 50/50 whether we can progress.

If Wenger focuses on those 15 games we could yet be champions (by which I mean of the league we're playing in).

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 08:11 PM
apparently theres a video going round of the linesman telling city players to go to their fans as they paid 62 quid. not sure what the fuck our ticketing policy has got to do with him I wonder if he made any decisions with that attitude?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2013, 08:13 PM
He meant their fans payed him 62 quid. :ninja:

Injury Time
13-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I still think Sagan is a solid RB but as an outlet he is garbage.

For some reason we tend to bring him into the game all the time but rarely seem to use Gibbs who is far more restricted.
Sircheesyknee can only kick out to the right hand side even if there are 84 players and the ref marking 1 of ours.

I don't understand why our defence go so narrow, it happens every match withe the ball sailing into empty space (well empty other than two of the opposing players having a picnic...

Verm can fcuk off,.

Midfield all chugging around the centre post Ox sub to be expected I suppose.

Theo can jog on like the lazy **** did for most of the match think he sprinted twice max 90k per week my arse.

Diaby made some good play win the ball then give the ball away :crying:

Jack will no doubt get injured soon, even he looked a little bit jaded.

Ramsay...the depth of bench was Ramsay...and Santos :ilt:

Sagna was poor but was our rb and right wing so no wonder he's knackered.

De Silva is a dirty little **** and Dzeko a big one and Milner ought to be chinned for that give back to us the jumped up shitstain

Sign Lescott he's got more fucking brain than our back a bit back a bit back a bit...oh shit they scored approach to defence

So to summarise my response as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck offfffffffffffffffffff!

Letters
13-01-2013, 08:17 PM
penalties are down to luck as well, keeper dives one way and if he goes the right way he has a great chance....saving from open play is harder as you're reacting to what's happening around you as well.
:blink:

GP
13-01-2013, 08:17 PM

:lol:

Boss
13-01-2013, 08:24 PM

Pretty much.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 08:31 PM
apparently theres a video going round of the linesman telling city players to go to their fans as they paid 62 quid. not sure what the fuck our ticketing policy has got to do with him I wonder if he made any decisions with that attitude?

You regularly seem to post about bizarre outlandish events about which I never hear of again.

Özim
13-01-2013, 08:32 PM
You regularly seem to post about bizarre outlandish events about which I never hear of again.
He's right, I heard it on Sky...didn't hear everything but did hear 62 quid mentioned to the Man City players by one of the officials at the end.

He was probably saying it in jest though, probably telling them to thank the away fans as they paid £62.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I also heard the linesman tell the City players to go and thank their fans because they paid £62.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 08:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21006202

video on the link. he did say it. i think there is something wrong with that, it shouldnt cross a referees mind about how much any fan pays. it shouldnt concern them whatsoever.

IBK
13-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Late, but I thought Citeh played well. Their movement in the final third is very good, and they get back to defend. Their defence is very good - you can always tell when a team seems to have twice as many players when we go forward.

We showed some heart, but no equivalent quality going forward in the second half. And who is surprised that we self-destructed defensively?

Overall, though, its a measure of how AFC (board and manager) have diminished our enjoyment of our team that I am able to feel a bit neutral about this.

Joker
13-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Not sure what the problem is, you need to realise most of City's fans are working class Northerners in a City with high levels of poverty. Spending £60 odd quid (plus travel expenses) during an economic slump is showing real dedication which is probably why he said their players should show their appreciation.

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 08:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21006202

video on the link. he did say it. i think there is something wrong with that, it shouldnt cross a referees mind about how much any fan pays. it shouldnt concern them whatsoever.

:lol: I would like to be the first on this forum to ever admit that I stand corrected on this one.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Not sure what the problem is, you need to realise most of City's fans are working class Northerners in a City with high levels of poverty. Spending £60 odd quid (plus travel expenses) during an economic slump is showing real dedication which is probably why he said their players should show their appreciation.

because its not a referees job to concern himself with it in any way shape or form. he shouldnt give a fuck if they paid 100 quid or a fiver. its none of his concern. and if he is thinking about things like that, then you ahve to wonder if he was completely neutral

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 08:41 PM

He really had no business saying that.

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 08:49 PM
also i hate this sympathy for city fans having to pay 62 quid for the game today. chelsea tickets next saturday are 61 quid, united charged us 58 quid. fuck all in it, yet everyon is going, poor city having to pay that money. its bullshit. they were part of the reason why prices so high anyway. they can fuck off

Xhaka Can’t
13-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah City!

Take your 3 points and FUCK OFF! :angry:

IBK
13-01-2013, 08:52 PM
also i hate this sympathy for city fans having to pay 62 quid for the game today. chelsea tickets next saturday are 61 quid, united charged us 58 quid. fuck all in it, yet everyon is going, poor city having to pay that money. its bullshit. they were part of the reason why prices so high anyway. they can fuck off

All this ticket mania is bollox. Clubs should charge what they can get. As any business has to. If this repeats itself a lot, ticket prices will fall. Wrong argument for me.

Lord Nelson
13-01-2013, 09:01 PM
At least we avoided an embarrassing loss. I was real nervy after their 2nd goal and it seemed as if they were going to steamroll us.

Not that Mert is much of a defender, but Wenger had no place starting an obviously worse Kos ahead of him, especially for a fixture of this magnitude.

Arsenal CL footie faces a real threat now for the 1st time in many years.
Good!! If we finish outside the top 4, the board and Wenger might fuck off! This club is a fucking soft touch! Boycott the next home match and they might start to listen.

Lord Nelson
13-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Oh really! We have Sherlock Homes on the board! :)

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 09:28 PM
All this ticket mania is bollox. Clubs should charge what they can get. As any business has to. If this repeats itself a lot, ticket prices will fall. Wrong argument for me.

Unfortunately this is the reality. Plus the fact the purchase of a ticket guarantees you admittance and a seat, no guarantees on quality, no guarantee Santos won't play, you pay your money and take what you are given. Even so, it's surprising ALL PL teams don't at least issue the odd apology for providing astoundingly poor value for money. The quality in this league is very, very low by comparison to the ludicrous prices. The fans are certainly being fleeced. But in the end they choose to be fleeced.

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 09:29 PM
My thoughts about todays game. I thought we played well in patches but with no real end product or conviction, ie no goalscorer with a predatory instinct like RVP or even Demba Ba, I thought the red card was warranted and the penalty, lets be frank, kosceilny was making love to Edin Djecko and was all over him when he was in a goal scoring situation so lets start on Mike dean, the only mistake the ref made was sending off company as that was a great tackle and he won the ball. It was no way a 2 footed tackle, it was an easy option for the ref to even things up. We lacked leadership, quality and more worrying we didn't look like scoring even if we'd still be playing. I think Wanker eat humble pie and stop being stubborn and buy a fucking goal scorer instead of giving them away to our rivals. John Cross from the mirrorr asked Wanker if he would be going into the market and That madmans reply was, I invite you to go and find us the quality players?? Are you for fucking real, what the fuck do your scouts do all year!1 It just gets more depressing and the sooner he fucks off the better.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2013, 09:32 PM
My thoughts about todays game. I thought we played well but with no real end product, ie no goalscorer with a predatory instinct like RVP or even Demba Ba, I thought the red was warranted and the penalty, lets be fran, kosceilny was making love to Edin Djecko and was all over him when he was in a goal scoring situation so lets start on Mike dean, the only mistake the ref made was sending off company as that was a great tackle and he won the ball. It was no way a 2 footed tackle, it was an easy option for the ref to even things up. We lacked leadership, quality and more worrying we didn't look like scoring even if we'd still be playing. I think Wanker eat humble pie and stop being stubborn and buy a fucking goal scorer instead of giving them away to our rivals. John Cross from the mirrorr asked Wanker if he would be going into the market and That madmans reply was, I invite you to go and find us the quality players?? Are you for fucking real, what the fuck do your scouts do all year!1 It just gets more depressing and the sooner he fucks off the better.

Don't suppose John Cross took him up on the offer? Doesn't bother me who finds the talent as long as we get some in.

GP
13-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh really! We have Sherlock Homes on the board! :)

no u

Kano
13-01-2013, 09:37 PM
It was a def penalty today but after seeing it again, was it really a clear cut scoring opportunity where dzeko had the ball under his control? not sure it deserved a red but kos pretty much helped make up that **** dean's mind for him.

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 09:40 PM
John Cross‏@johncrossmirror

Wenger says #afc performance was 'timid.' Says they are 'trying very hard' in the market. 'To find players of quality I wish you good luck.'

Ollie the Optimist
13-01-2013, 09:48 PM
John Cross‏@johncrossmirror

Wenger says #afc performance was 'timid.' Says they are 'trying very hard' in the market. 'To find players of quality I wish you good luck.'

except that isnt his real quote.

Marc Overmars
13-01-2013, 09:51 PM
He can try as hard as he likes but he won't manage to bring in anyone of note.

He's done.

Get rid.

GP
13-01-2013, 09:52 PM

He's done.

Get rid.

no u

Özim
13-01-2013, 09:59 PM

He's done.

Get rid.
There's no hope of that happening that's the sad thing, so no quality new signings and no new manager either. Not great times.

-Xs-
13-01-2013, 10:07 PM
except that isnt his real quote.

No, he real quote is

n Mikel Arteta...
He has a scan on Monday, [he will be out for] approximately three weeks. It is a strain on his calf. Of course [it's a blow]. In midfield he gives us stability, experience and tactical knowledge. We will miss that.

on making signings...
We are in the market. To find players of a calibre of Arteta, available in January, I wish you good luck. We try very hard, believe me. We have a team around me who analyse everything. We select targets, I watch them... But it's difficult to speak about any names.

I don't even know what that means. He needs better players than that of the calibre of Arteta. And is he only saying this because Arteta is injured? I.e so he is only looking for cover for Arteta..

If anything, this is the admission that we are not looking for anyone.

Özim
13-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Calibre of Arteta :lol: no thanks, I think he's been average at best.....although he is being played out of position.

Was decent at Everton but maybe the injuries have taken their toll and he's past it.

Sounds to me like we won't be buying anyone, you can already see the excuses...it's not easy....calibre of Arteta.....we have so and so coming back......it will kill Diaby etc etc what a bore.

Injury Time
13-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Can we ban WUMger quotes, he's the ultimate WUM :ilt:

BlindFaith_8
13-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Arteta was a panic buy so was Metersacker as was that idiotic fool from brazil who can't defend and has now stamina. Why woudl Wanker be looking for players with the cailbre of Arteta? He's hardly been a great player, average at best, now I know why we get average players turning up at the club. The man is a complete bafoon to be benchmarking players against an average ex Evertonian ex Rangers player, if his stock was that high, I guarantee you he would have been at Man Ure or Citeh or even the Chavs.

bignev
14-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Arteta was a panic buy so was Metersacker as was that idiotic fool from brazil who can't defend and has now stamina. Why woudl Wanker be looking for players with the cailbre of Arteta? He's hardly been a great player, average at best, now I know why we get average players turning up at the club. The man is a complete bafoon to be benchmarking players against an average ex Evertonian ex Rangers player, if his stock was that high, I guarantee you he would have been at Man Ure or Citeh or even the Chavs.

Spellcheck please!

selassie
14-01-2013, 11:43 AM
No, he real quote is

I don't even know what that means. He needs better players than that of the calibre of Arteta. And is he only saying this because Arteta is injured? I.e so he is only looking for cover for Arteta..

If anything, this is the admission that we are not looking for anyone.

Yep, I almost feel as if he (Arsene) sees the transfer market as a hassle/a hindrance. He has this "Why do I need to improve my team" houlier than thou attitude.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Arsene because I really don't understand what crusade he is on.

cheesy bites
14-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Everyone bitching and moaning at the performance need to see that we spent practically the entire bulk of the match one man down to the league champions. The players didn't give up, they ran and tried all game and were all collectively shat on by Koscielny being a twat.

I have nothing bad to say about our performance (besides Bart Simpson's hug)

Grebbo
14-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I thought Jack looked like his "little burst" is now back. The trouble is he can't do it on his own. I almost look forward to the day Jack moves to a top team - it would be great to see how good he is surrounded by good players. He's got amazing composure and technique for his age.

The two goals were very soft (as usual). Us defending like anuses had nothing to do with the fact that we were down to ten men, our team is just shit at defending.

Marc Overmars
14-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Cheatzola is still in hibernation for the winter.

Out of all the talented Spanish midgets trust us to pick the fraud.

KSE Comedy Club
14-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Everyone bitching and moaning at the performance need to see that we spent practically the entire bulk of the match one man down to the league champions. The players didn't give up, they ran and tried all game and were all collectively shat on by Koscielny being a twat.

I agree with this.

The fault lies with wenger and his stupid selection (Mertz on the bench, no giroud), poor tactics and lack of any kind of defensive training.

I'm done with him, I want him out, he's taking us down the shitter.

bignev
14-01-2013, 04:14 PM

You don't get it.

Even if we had eleven players on the pitch the result would have been the same.

We never looked in the game. Funnily enough that is a familiar feeling because we never look like we're going to win the majority of our games.

We're a team full of losers with a board and manager who just don't seem to want to do anything about it.

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 06:13 PM
You don't get it.

Even if we had eleven players on the pitch the result would have been the same.

We never looked in the game. Funnily enough that is a familiar feeling because we never look like we're going to win the majority of our games.

We're a team full of losers with a board and manager who just don't seem to want to do anything about it.

Exactly! the position we occupy in the table is no misrepresentation. We are a team full of averageness. With a myopic delusionist at the helm. Even if we win our game in hand we have never looked like consolidating 4th position. Wenger has year on year gambled with the quality of this team, drawing it down to rank mediocrity. Unless he does something this transfer window we are likely to end up where we are now 6th.

For too long we have depended on the Spuds impoding and Evertons perennial early season catastrophe. This doesnt look like happenning again. I hope at the end of this season he is hounded out the door. Socialist dreamer. Hah!

Maestro
14-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Yep, I almost feel as if he (Arsene) sees the transfer market as a hassle/a hindrance. He has this "Why do I need to improve my team" houlier than thou attitude.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Arsene because he really doesn't understand what crusade he is on.

True

Maestro
14-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Cheatzola is still in hibernation for the winter.

Out of all the talented Spanish midgets trust us to pick the fraud.

Of all the hobbits they have we get Arteta and Carzola

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-01-2013, 06:45 PM
we couldn't beat them when they were without their star players aguero and yaya. what hope do we have?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Kos turned up forgetting what sport we play, tbf. Bit worried he'll come on with a caddy against Chelsea.

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Kos turned up forgetting what sport we play, tbf. Bit worried he'll come on with a caddy against Chelsea.

Fortunately he cant play against Chelsea. I actually rate him as a player but he has had the misfortune of ending up in the handa of a club where players usually get worse year on year.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2013, 06:59 PM
He'll only be suspended for Swansea, back on the weekend. With his racquet.

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2013, 07:06 PM
He'll only be suspended for Swansea, back on the weekend. With his racquet.

Or wearing a leotard and sporting a silly name like Kos the Destroyer.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Silly but accurate!

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 07:18 PM

I thought it was a straight red=3 games

Ok, maybe he will think the next match ia a tables ladders and chairs affair and come well stocked.

GP
14-01-2013, 07:28 PM
I thought it was a straight red=3 games

Ok, maybe he will think the next match ia a tables ladders and chairs affair and come well stocked.

It's only 3 games for violent conduct, I believe.

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 07:33 PM
It's only 3 games for violent conduct, I believe.

thx for clearing that up. Best part of it is that it keeps Squillaci off the team. Anything is better than that.

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Exactly! the position we occupy in the table is no misrepresentation. We are a team full of averageness. With a myopic delusionist at the helm.

Will Self?

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2013, 08:24 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/skohayes/Funny%20pics%20for%20posting/mittens-the-destroyer.jpg

IBK
14-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Fortunately he cant play against Chelsea. I actually rate him as a player but he has had the misfortune of ending up in the handa of a club where players usually get worse year on year.

Seconded.

Ollie the Optimist
14-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Arsenal’s clash with Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday may have been as good as over when the hosts, already down to 10 men, went 2-0 behind after 32 minutes.
But the Gunners only needed to check the referee before the game to know luck wasn’t likely to be on their side.
Mike Dean made a controversial, but correct, call to send off Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny after nine minutes, but the north London side’s record under the match official is be woeful since 2009-10, compared with their rivals.

Marching orders: Mike Dean sends off Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny (left)
Stats from Opta show that in the 15 Premier League games Arsenal have played when Dean is officiating, they have triumphed just once, making it a winning average of just seven per cent.
It represents a massive contrast with the Premier League’s current top four. Both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Tottenham have recorded significantly better results under Dean’s watch.
Enlarge
The title winners from the past three years recorded winning averages between 63 and 67 per cent, while even Spurs can claim a 50 per cent success record when the Wirral-born referee has been in charge across a similar amount of games.
Arsenal’s only victory under Dean’s officiating in the last four seasons came earlier last year, a 5-2 win over Tottenham at the Emirates.
But he has been present for some of Arsenal’s most painful recent defeats too including the 2-1 loss at White Hart Lane in the reverse fixture.

Rare result: Arsenal's only victory in a game under Dean's stewardship was the 5-2 win over Spurs
More recently he oversaw Arsenal’s League Cup exit at Bradford and was also in charge of the competition’s final in 2011 when Birmingham caused an upset to defeat the Gunners at Wembley.
Dean’s decision to send off Koscielny yesterday comes just over a year after a similar incident in a Premier League match between Chelsea and Newcastle.
The December 2011 clash between the two at St James’ Park came to life in the fourth minute when David Luiz denied Demba Ba a clear goal scoring opportunity but was punished with only a yellow card.

Woeful return: The Gunners have struggled for results with Dean in charge
Chelsea went on to win 3-0 in a result that left Newcastle boss Alan Pardew fuming after the game when he claimed Dean had told him Ba did not have 'control of the ball' so it was not a red-card offence.
Pardew revealed later on Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday that Dean had initially stood by his decision but changed his opinion after reviewing the incident.
‘He said, 'I made a mistake, he should have been sent off',’ said Pardew.

We've been here before: Mike Dean only cautioned David Luiz (blue top nearest penalty area) for denying Demba Ba a goal scoring chance last season

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262230/Arsenal-win-seven-cent-games-Mike-Dean-referees.html#ixzz2Hz9QKJy1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

a win percengate of 7% with that **** as ref since 2008. im sorry, but thats fuckin dodgy.. can we just refuse to have him now? we all know he will make a decision against us every game.

Özim
14-01-2013, 08:58 PM
a win percengate of 7% with that **** as ref since 2008.
We are pretty sh*t to be honest....

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 09:13 PM
There aint no referee worse than Phil Dowd. the pot-bellied, self loving, SAF arse licking toady. No matter what the stats say. I just get pissed off at the sight of him. Best referee i can think of was the ginger guy who looked liked Paul scholes dad. He was also called Paul too incidentally, but his last name escapes me. Now retired.....Oh i forget the pencil-necked dushebag Who runs the referees commitee......Whats his name?

Özim
14-01-2013, 09:20 PM
There aint no referee worse than Phil Dowd. the pot-bellied, self loving, SAF arse licking toady. No matter what the stats say. I just get pissed off at the sight of him. Best referee i can think of was the ginger guy who looked liked Paul scholes dad. He was also called Paul too incidentally, but his last name escapes me. Now retired.....Oh i forget the pencil-necked dushebag Who runs the referees commitee......Whats his name?
Do you mean Paul Scholes dad, Paul Scholes?

Globalgunner
14-01-2013, 09:33 PM
The guy was short squat and had ginger hair. I swear his first name was Paul too. Likeness does not come closer than that. He was a very fair ref tho

just checked. His name was Paul Durkin, and yes he could have been Scholes dad

Kano
14-01-2013, 09:34 PM
The guy was short squat and had ginger hair. I swear his first name was Paul too. Likeness does not come closer than that. He was a very fair ref tho
you mean paul 'durka' durkin.

Cripps_orig
14-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Haven't seen any of the game. Goals or sending offs. Got the loss as expected. On we go

LDG
14-01-2013, 10:26 PM

just checked. His name was Paul Durkin, and yes he could have been Scholes dad

Ah yes. Durkin who sent off Van Bronckhorst for doing...well....nothing?

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Ah yes. Durkin who sent off Van Bronckhorst for doing...well....nothing?

If aall our players who did nothing got sent off, we'd have to forfeit our matches.

Joker
14-01-2013, 10:31 PM
a win percengate of 7% with that **** as ref since 2008. im sorry, but thats fuckin dodgy.. can we just refuse to have him now? we all know he will make a decision against us every game.

He's a crap ref but just because we don't win a lot of our games with him in charge doesn't mean he's bent. Maybe it's just coincidence.

LDG
14-01-2013, 10:33 PM
If aall our players who did nothing got sent off, we'd have to forfeit our matches.

Bring back Durkin I say!

Xhaka Can’t
14-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Maybe it's just coincidence.

Coincidence that he is shit and so are we?

Its a possibility.

Fist of Lehmann
15-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Anyone who's worked with data will know that oddities like this can occur.

However, when you consider that over the last 5 seasons we've posted a wining average of around 56%, 7% does seem freakishly low.

It is my belief that someone within the FA, in conjunction with the Referees Association, needs to take a closer look at this.
To ascertain whether there is a bias, either conscious or unconscious on referee Mike Dean's part and if so, take the necessary steps to ensure that he is killed wih fire.

Letters
15-01-2013, 10:55 AM
It's weird isn't it? We've hardly ever won games with him in charge since 2008 (games which have almost all been against the top clubs who we've been struggling to compete with)

Before that we almost always won when he was in charge (when we were a far better side and they were generally games against worse sides as he wasn't then being put in charge of bigger games)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/arsenal-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_11_379.html

Funny that.

Grebbo
15-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Why all the talk about the ref?? He got every decision right!

GP
15-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Coincidence that he is shit and so are we?

Its a possibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XI37SVVYI

Özim
15-01-2013, 11:12 AM
It's weird isn't it? We've hardly ever won games with him in charge since 2008 (games which have almost all been against the top clubs who we've been struggling to compete with)

Before that we almost always won when he was in charge (when we were a far better side and they were generally games against worse sides as he wasn't then being put in charge of bigger games)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/arsenal-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_11_379.html

Funny that.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Our record of winning with Alan Parry commentating is far more pertinent I feel.

Letters
15-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I have forgive Arsenal and Wenger many things but making Zimm and me agree with each other. :fury:

Fun you, Arsene. Fun you to Heck :angry:

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Refs are incompetent, cowardly and stupid, that's the main problem. Our lads aren't as good at conning the ref and cheating - not because we're moral but because we aren't that good at anything really. At home the crowd is too busy munching on prawn sandwiches to generate the atmosphere required to sway the ref. Away, as good as they are, the fans are outnumbered, usually against clubs that know how to play the home rules. We don't do anything with conviction at this club, not even cheating. Take a look at Utd. They practise defending, surely they must practise cheating (they are that good at it). We practise neither. I guess the refs think if we aren't prepared to put in the effort then nor are they.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Are there any highlights going around anywhere? Not often I want to watch highlights of Arsenal getting their asses handed to them but having read this thread, I'm intrigued. Need to see for myself if Kos was a deserved red or was he just his usual shit self

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Are there any highlights going around anywhere? Not often I want to watch highlights of Arsenal getting their asses handed to them but having read this thread, I'm intrigued. Need to see for myself if Kos was a deserved red or was he just his usual shit self

He was shit AND he deserved the red. Amazingly our defence fucked up and left the last man desperately exposed. Incredibly, Kos was badly out of position and had let the man in behind him. Astoundingly Kos reacted by doing something stupid.

So if you can't find a clip just watch any other one of our games to see the same shit happening.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Managed to find the MOTD 2 highlights. Fucking hell we were a bit shit. City looked dominate. We couldn't handle them. Our midfield is powder puff. Didn't realise Arteta wasn't playing but to bring n someone even worse in Diaby :lol:

As for the red cards, Kos is deserved. Kompanys was a brilliant challenge. Mike Dean had a shocker there. So much for him being against Arsenal

Özil's Panoramic View
15-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Managed to find the MOTD 2 highlights. Fucking hell we were a bit shit. City looked dominate. We couldn't handle them. Our midfield is powder puff. Didn't realise Arteta wasn't playing but to bring n someone even worse in Diaby :lol:

As for the red cards, Kos is deserved. Kompanys was a brilliant challenge. Mike Dean had a shocker there. So much for him being against Arsenal

You know you're well and truly shit when your midfield gets dominated by a midfield comprising both Milner and Barry.

selassie
15-01-2013, 02:52 PM
You know you're well and truly shit when your midfield gets dominated by a midfield comprising both Milner and Barry.

Yep, our Midfield is very immobile, the slowest one we've had since Wenger has been here IMHO.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 03:06 PM

That is also fucking annoying. Shit players having good games v us all the fucking time.

Özil's Panoramic View
15-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Just saw on twitter that Kompany has won his red card appeal. If true then: Mike Dean :pal:

I still think it was an excellent tackle from one of the better defenders around atm. We could use defenders of his ilk around these parts sometimes.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2013, 06:15 PM
if jack was half a second quicker or hadnt slipped then that tackle could have done serious damage. its not a good tackle at all. feet first, two feet off the ground. tahts a straight red.

also, why did the fa reject his appeal for his sending off v united in fa cup last year for similar tackle, and then recind this one? pathetic.

GP
15-01-2013, 06:17 PM
It was the most blatant red card of the day. Baffling decision to rescind it.

Marc Overmars
15-01-2013, 06:18 PM
His trailing leg was tucked back wasn't it? The one against United was more of a drop kick.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2013, 06:28 PM
http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1358098627491.gif

this clearly shows, two feet off the ground lunging in. thats a red. i cant believe the fa recinded it. if jack doesnt slip or was half a second quicker, he could have an injury now or even worse a broken bone

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Come back Maldini, teach these morans how to defend.

Joker
15-01-2013, 06:36 PM
There's nothing in the rules that say 2 footed tackles automatically mean the player should be sent off. It was a 50-50 decision that could have gone either way.

Marc Overmars
15-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I can understand why it was given but I'd personally be annoyed if one of our players was sent off for that.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 06:53 PM
As a raving City fan who would go to any lengths to defend the Blues and trash Arsenal (albeit using a stream of underhand comments because I lack the guts to just come out and admit my loyalties), even I think it's a red card. Two footed lunge, out of control, dangerous, reckless. Does this mean tackles like this are now okay? Because there will be many broken legs over the remainder of the season. Let me think now, if it had been Kos send off for a challenge like that would the FA have rescinded the card? Simple answer is fuck no. This is just a city thing. Money buys influence.

Özim
15-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Doesn't look that bad to me, doesn't seem to be going in with his weight behind it...50/50 for me.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 08:31 PM
If this tackle is okay or "50/50" (doesn't the other guy need to tackle to for it too be 50/50? Rather than dive out of the way to avoid serious injury?) then I finally see a way we can compete again. Just tell our eleven to go in like that for the whole game and eventaully every player on the opposition will end up in hospital. Even with Kos' own goals and Giroud's finishing we could still snatch a win if it was 11 vs none.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 08:33 PM
One foot on the ground which was behind the other, brilliant challenge. If our player had been sent off for that, we'd be pissed

Özim
15-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Do me a favour it's not a leg breaker, he's not thrusting his whole weight behind the tackle....debateable whether it's a red, I can see why the FA rescinded it.

It's a man's sport.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Then just kick the opposition in the balls and be done with it.

Özim
15-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Well no because that's a foul and the tackle is clearly a foul and a yellow, but a red card....debateable.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Do me a favour it's not a leg breaker, he's not thrusting his whole weight behind the tackle....debateable whether it's a red, I can see why the FA rescinded it.

It's a man's sport.
Exactly. Not every single hard challenge is a red card. I'd love it, absolutely love it if our players produced challenges like that

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Exactly. Not every single hard challenge is a red card. I'd love it, absolutely love it if our players produced challenges like that

So would I, especially on Adebayor or Nasri. But they'd get sent off.

Özim
15-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Is this the conspiracy theory against Arsenal again? You don't think we drop points because we're sh*t rather than because of the referee?

Why would anyone give a sh*t about us, we're not exactly flying high and winning anything. Sometimes we have a real persecution complex.

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Then just kick the opposition in the balls and be done with it.

OK, but where do we kick Nasri?

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 08:44 PM
So would I, especially on Adebayor or Nasri. But they'd get sent off.

I'd love it on any player be it Ade or Nasri or ****s such as Cesc or RVC

Cripps_orig
15-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Is this the conspiracy theory against Arsenal again? You don't think we drop points because we're sh*t rather than because of the referee?

Why would anyone give a sh*t about us, we're not exaclty flying high and winning anything.
Considering the big decision in the game went for us and against Man City, don't see how anyone can say the ref cost us

Özim
15-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Considering the big decision in the game went for us and against Man City, don't see how anyone can say the ref cost us
I don't get it either, people seem to point at the referee in almost every match we lose....don't think it happened when we were winning.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't think anyone is saying the ref cost us are they? Just it was a sure red and the FA have overturned it for whatever reasons they have.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't get it either, people seem to point at the referee in almost every match we lose....don't think it happened when we were winning.

To be fair, I point at the referee in matches we win and draw too. In fact I point at the ref in games we aren't even playing in and have even been known to point at the ref when he's not reffing a game.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Well no because that's a foul and the tackle is clearly a foul and a yellow, but a red card....debateable.

if it is debatable then it proves the fa were wrong to recind it. the fa can recind or charge people if there are obvious errors. however, if there is debate about it then its not a clear obvious error therefore they cant recind it

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 09:08 PM
if it is debatable then it proves the fa were wrong to recind it. the fa can recind or charge people if there are obvious errors. however, if there is debate about it then its not a clear obvious error therefore they cant recind it

Well they can rescind it (as we have just seen), but they have to break their own rules to do so.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2013, 09:19 PM
also, leading on from my question, why can the FA recind debatable red cards yet cant do anything with yellow cards unless mistaken identity? surely it should be, you can recind/charge anything or not at all

fakeyank
15-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Why would anyone give a sh*t about us, we're not exactly flying high and winning anything. Sometimes we have a real persecution complex.

Every club does tbh.. I hear Chavs saying they are targeted. Ditto for Utd, City or the small clubs.

Bottom line, like you said, is that we are shit. We didnt deserve anything out of the City game. We are where we are in the table because of our manager and players. To blame it on FA, Fifa, the queen etc is just nonsense.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I wonder if we'll be punished for our fans trying to chat Lesbo up? Anyway, I'm not so sure they weren't having a pop at Chamakh. In fact I think that was me in the video.

Kano
15-01-2013, 09:51 PM
http://cadfael.tv/image/src/1358098627491.gif

this clearly shows, two feet off the ground lunging in. thats a red. i cant believe the fa recinded it. if jack doesnt slip or was half a second quicker, he could have an injury now or even worse a broken bone

ollie 'ave a word with yourself. there is no lunge there. his other leg comes up and heads straight into the floor to support his other leg, nowhere near jack and there was no chance of him breaking any bone. the ref was under pressure and being the prick that he is, decided to even things up, hoping it would get the crowd off his back. rescinding was the right decision.

Power n Glory
15-01-2013, 10:22 PM
ollie 'ave a word with yourself. there is no lunge there. his other leg comes up and heads straight into the floor to support his other leg, nowhere near jack and there was no chance of him breaking any bone. the ref was under pressure and being the prick that he is, decided to even things up, hoping it would get the crowd off his back. rescinding was the right decision.

You City supporting scumbag! It was a clear red card and anyone that disagrees with that can't be an Arsenal supporter. :coffee:

Özil's Panoramic View
15-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Wonder what folks on here would have been saying were it Vermaelen and not Kompany?

I still maintain that it was an excellent challenge; no lunge, no mal-intent, no follow through with the trailing leg, he got all ball and caused no harm. Our dross would do well to emulate this top quality defender.

Futhermore, I'm glad the FA made a mug of Mike Dean, even though the Shiek's money was the influencing factor.

GP
15-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Blatant red all day and night.

Kano
15-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Wonder what folks on here would have been saying were it Vermaelen and not Kompany?

I still maintain that it was an excellent challenge; no lunge, no mal-intent, no follow through with the trailing leg, he got all ball and caused no harm. Our dross would do well to emulate this top quality defender.

Futhermore, I'm glad the FA made a mug of Mike Dean, even though the Shiek's money was the influencing factor.
vermaelen could never make a challenge like that.

he'd be way out of position somewhere near the opposition goal.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 10:49 PM

If it had been TV I would say it was an excellent challenge, and quite rightly too because it would have been. But this is Kompany, so it was a red. Not sure why people are defending him, including the poxy FA.

Kano
15-01-2013, 10:55 PM
i wouldn't call it a defence, more that some people want to completely eradicate any hint, any modicum of a suggestion that the ref influenced us losing the game. of course most of us know it was our fault and realise it but that motherfucker dean didn't help by muddying the waters with his flouncing about at the emirates.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2013, 11:00 PM
i wouldn't call it a defence, more that some people want to completely eradicate any hint, any modicum of a suggestion that the ref influenced us losing the game. of course most of us know it was our fault and realise it but that motherfucker dean didn't help by muddying the waters with his flouncing about at the emirates.

Fair point, but I'll tell you one thing for sure. That fucking ref cost us the game.

BlindFaith_8
15-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm glad Kompany's red was cancelled, he made a brilliant tackle on Wilshire, if only we had a leader and defender half as good as this guy! Even if we had bought him all those years ago, chances are he would have gone to Citeh or Madrid soon after, well we are a selling club and selling our best players is how we roll here at Arsenal, sad but true.

Özim
15-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Wenger would have never signed Kompany. He can defend.

BlindFaith_8
15-01-2013, 11:23 PM
:bow::haha: True
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/407/309/Igors-Stepanovs-Arsenal-300x161_display_image.jpg?1318236402

Özil's Panoramic View
16-01-2013, 12:20 AM

Nothing to disagree with here, tbh.