PDA

View Full Version : Another Match Reaction Thread: Arsenal vs Swansea

Maestro
16-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Give Jack the captaincy & £110K a week

Ollie the Optimist
16-01-2013, 09:25 PM
theo wants to be paid more then jack? :haha: behave.

jack is a fucking beast. skill, determination and passion. and the scary thing is, he is only 21. he is going to get so much better

fakeyank
VE VILL VIN FA Cup 2013!

McNamara That Ghost...
Wilshere. :bow:

And we're back to missing sitters again. I can't work out if that's a bad thing or just the Arsenal I used to know.

GP
16-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Really good performance. Bossed it from start to finish.

Jack is great :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
16-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Good win.

Think Giroud will score in Brighton.

Özim
16-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Got the win that's what counts, Wilshere outstanding

Marc Overmars
All over them in the 2nd half but Theo and Giroud were typically wasteful.

Thank fuck for Super Jack, if only everyone in the team had his drive and enthusiasm.

Boss
Send Theo on the quickest plane to Russia pls.

Give Jack the captaincy.

Great performance, should have been 4-0 up easily by the last ten minutes. Easy tie next round, we all know how the last one against this kind of opponent went...

We're winning this filth :good:

Grebbo
16-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Played well.

Put RVP in this team and it might win something.

topgun
16-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Terrible first half much much better second half like the gunners of old.

Maestro
16-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Hand it over Thomas, you know it's the right thing to do

Newguy
16-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Coquelin had an impressive game, his work rate was excellent and with Jack's MOTM performance it was needed as Cazorla was still on winter break...

Jack was on another level tonight, if he can now realise that he can take shots at goal and make the difference and not always look to make the assist, this kid will be something great.

Giroud tried as always, his physical presence was needed.

Theo had a poor game, needs to sign the contract as his stock has dropped since the newcastle game.

Gibbs was excellent

Joker
16-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Crap first half but a good second. Apart from Wilshere no one really stood out. His dribbling with the ball through midfield at pace is exactly what we've needed for a long time. Before, in these sorts of games we've struggled to get the goal and it's meandered along to a 0-0 or even a 1-0 loss, but thankfully we had someone in midfield willing to inject some energy which forced Swansea further and further back.

Marc Overmars
16-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Wheelchair can be our Honest Frank if he keeps growing in confidence with his shooting.

Gooner23
16-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Wilshere superb

Giroud tried hard, but finishing bad

Walnut had a poor one

Gibbs was excellent going forward. If Bould can coach him the art of defending faster than Wenger can coach it out of hIm, we might have a top player on our hands.

Overall one of our better performances for a while. Should really haven been comfortable.

Kano
16-01-2013, 09:36 PM
not good enough from theo or giroud but jack bossed it and it was more a relief than anything we won that. it had a 1-0 to swansea on a breakaway on 89 minutes written all over that.

when we won this last time in 05 we had great draws all the way to the final and could do with that luck again thanks. at least wenger seems to be taking the cup seriously again.

Grebbo
16-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I hope someone tells Jack not to jump on his knees like that when celebrating. Made me wince.

fakeyank
How many rounds in FA cups?

Dennis Bendtner
Wheelchair can be our Honest Frank if he keeps growing in confidence with his shooting.

He is Spanish, we can't turn him into a potshot merchant. His technique is good though, even if we don't see it much.

Joker
I liked Wenger's team selection. In the past we've been knocked out against teams like Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland, etc having fielded weakened teams. Hopefully he fields a strong team again in the next round.

Kano
16-01-2013, 09:40 PM
12 more to go.

Newguy
16-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Coquelin's performance, I thought he played really well

Marc Overmars
16-01-2013, 09:42 PM
He is Spanish, we can't turn him into a potshot merchant. His technique is good though, even if we don't see it much.

He's Spanish but with a GHEL brain. It's a rare commodity.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Laudrup is awesome.

Kano
16-01-2013, 09:44 PM
you're a blatant denmark fan.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Bacon. :bow:

milla
16-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Coquelin's performance, I thought he played really well

The 3 in midfield was good. It is no surprise they are all mobile players (Arteta and Cazorla are not that good at covering the pitch) which suit our style of play. If they are all fit, I would prefer to play Cazorla wide, let Podolski and Giroud fight for CF role. :coffee:

Kano
16-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Bacon. :bow:
he's looking pretty good in those adds tbf.

Power n Glory
16-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Wilshere was immense and he smashed that one in. I hope he starts getting more goals. Unleashed another bullet shot before he got that goal so good to see him finally putting his foot through. On to the next round and relieved. We created chances and it wasn't a dull game so I won't complain too much.

Power n Glory
16-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Jack has found his little burst! lol

Cripps_orig
16-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Good win. I stopped watching after 15 odd minutes cos I had more important stuff to do. Good to see Jack actually produce some end product. Was Giroud still as shit as he was in the first 15 minutes or did he improve?

Xhaka Can’t
16-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Crap first half but a good second. Apart from Wilshere no one really stood out.

That is bullshit.

Excellent second half performance after a slow and unimaginative first half.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-01-2013, 11:20 PM
walcott tried his hardest to imitate gervinho all night.

jack was good, still tries his hardest to set up an assist when he can just lash it but he got the winner so fuck it.

chezza's been good when called upon in the past few weeks, hopefully that wont mean he's due a major cock up against chelsea this weekend.

giroud getting in the right positions, just needs to be more clinical. decent first season though.

sagna playing like his heart is elsewhere. been bad lately. stick cafu in.

Özim
16-01-2013, 11:21 PM
How ever many more we have before we meet a decent side.

Xhaka Can’t
16-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought Diaby looked good, especially considering this is his second match back in such a short space of time after another long lay off.

Cripps_orig
16-01-2013, 11:29 PM
on the performance…
We had a better team balance tonight and created chance after chance, especially in the second half but even in the first half we created chances. It was unbelievable that we couldn't score, but we got it in the end. We persevered and were rewarded and we had a good performance. It gives you a lot of regrets that we played with 10 men on Sunday when you see our second half and our game tonight. It is important that we continue to develop like that as a team.

on Jack Wilshere…
Yes, he was outstanding tonight. I felt many players played well. As a team we played well and he was in a different position, he was high up and it suits him well. I have no experience of player being out for 17 months in my whole career, but honestly I always said that if we got Jack on January 1, then we would have done well. But he is ahead of what I could imagine.

on whether he considered taking him off…
No, I did not envisage that at all. I would love to have done it, but I was never in a position to do it because you could feel he was a threat. Even as a left winger he was a threat. We combined well, Gibbs had a great second half on the left side, also on the right side - we were dangerous everywhere.

on whether No 10 is his true position…
He is at the complete midfielder, he can play anywhere. He is a guy who can dribble and give a final ball, so the closer he is to goal, the better it is. He has quality and enthusiasm, and love for the game. That is the most important thing to me.

on Coquelin and Diaby…
We try to put a but more power in to defend better and it looked tonight like it worked well. Diaby responded well, I should maybe have taken him off a bit earlier but he looked alright.

on missing many chances…
That is the negative of the night.

on whether he needs a striker…
I believe in Giroud. He is a threat and he creates chances. Let's first try to finish the deal with Walcott and then we see what we can do from there.

on when the Walcott deal could be signed…
I hope it will be soon, very, very soon now. I cannot tell you much more.

on Guardiola going to Bayern Munich…
He has chosen Bayern, it came as a surprise to me as well.Only he can answer that question. So you see we need a good performance because we playa against two managers when we play against Bayern!

on the FA Cup's importance…
I would not like to think the Premier League is less important, we have to fight very hard to get back into a better position there. But we are in a position where you lose at home to Manchester City your confidence drops very quickly. So no matter what competition it was tonight, we just wanted to win the game. We go to Brighton now, and we will play with full power but there was more at stake tonight than just the FA Cup. [The priority] was to win again after losing such a big game on Sunday it was important to come back and win straight away.

on staying in more than one competition…
Yes, that is important as well. Yes, it's one of the reasons [why he fields stronger teams in the cups now]. We have tried to stay in as many competitions as possible. I took seriously as well, even if it didn't work, at Bradford. The fact that you play difficult games in the Champions League against Bayern Munich, they are fantastic games in front of us but it is important to stay in as many competitions as possible.

No striker then

Xhaka Can’t
16-01-2013, 11:41 PM
It was a good performance and a merited result - take a day off from all the misery

Cripps_orig
16-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Fair enough.

on Guardiola going to Bayern Munich…
He has chosen Bayern, it came as a surprise to me as well.Only he can answer that question. So you see we need a good performance because we playa against two managers when we play against Bayern!

Wingers Italian impression :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
16-01-2013, 11:55 PM
http://images.teamtalk.com/13/01/402x210/Arsenal-v-Swansea-Jack-Wilshere-pa_2887060.jpg

just look what it means to him. what a man.

Arsenal captain in but name, and imo will be captain by next season.

Jack :bow:

AKBapologist
17-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Didn't we play 442?

LDG
17-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Arsenal :bow:

GP
17-01-2013, 09:26 AM
http://images.teamtalk.com/13/01/402x210/Arsenal-v-Swansea-Jack-Wilshere-pa_2887060.jpg

Not if Vermaelen is still around.

Give it time.

Letters
17-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd prefer Jack as captain tbh, I think he 'gets it' - gets what playing for The Arsenal is about.
I thought Verminator would be a good captain but he hasn't been really.

Match reaction: Game of two halves, Brian. First half we were uninspiring, endless passing but never really threatening.
Second half we were loads better and should have been out of sight before Jack won it.
Overall quite happy with the performance.

Boss
17-01-2013, 09:56 AM

While I think Jack is actually a fan, can't really use a goal celebration to show this.

http://images.planetf1.com/10/10/496x259/Manchester-City-v-Arsenal-Samir-Nasri-celeb_2518909.jpg

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/UCL/81/75/86/817586_w2.jpg

etc. On the other hand it's good to have a player we can still probably rate as world class. Wouldn't look out of place at Barcelona, this lad :bow: :bow:

Kano
17-01-2013, 10:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47879000/jpg/_47879775_004683863-1.jpg

Joker
17-01-2013, 10:06 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02028/robin-van-persie_2028331c.jpg

LDG
17-01-2013, 10:20 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2011/2/24/1298561528560/Ars-ne-Wenger-007.jpg

Niall_Quinn
17-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Jack Wilshere is actually going to deliver on the potential, which is huge, a proper football player from the old school of talent. When he grabs the ball and runs through the whole midfield like he was doing last night he looks like Brady. I have to remember to enjoy every moment of brilliance, as with Cesc, RvP and the others departed, because we won't be able to keep jack here. No way. He's bound for the top.

Theo Walcott, not so much.

Gibbs should be converted to a left winger, he's pretty talented in that position and great with the all at his feet, can cross and has pace. Give him the money and tell theo to puss off.

If Giroud gets a pair of glasses he could be dangerous and even sexier. A real trier and you are willing him to score but if there's a way to miss he will find it.

TV showed much commitment last night, mainly because Merts couldn't get out of his shell fast enough to be of assistance.

Swanselona were poor and offered nothing. Strange display for them and we took advantage for a change. We stopped Michu scoring, which might be a first.

Silly first half, enjoyed the second half. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Walcott Negotiation Suite this morning. That's three of the most dire striking performances you will ever see (when Chanakh is not playing) strung back to back. The guy is a striker in the same way Nasri is a heterosexual.

Marc Overmars
17-01-2013, 11:50 AM
I thought we overrun Swansealona's midfield which was key, I'm hoping Coq takes his chance because I think he's far more vibrant than Arteta and covers more ground.

Diaby on his day is brilliant, I'd hate to mark someone like him. He could potentially boss the midfield but we all know there's no point in pinning any hopes on him, we should just enjoy his little 5 game bursts at various points in the season.

I've decided Giroud is not French. He's too much of a GHEL with the way he throws his weight around. Seems to work though because he creates a lot of space for any willing runners.

Özil's Panoramic View
17-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I think we should sell Theo now. One less overpaid dross we'll be stuck with for however long.

Alpha
17-01-2013, 07:53 PM
not good enough from theo or giroud but jack bossed it and it was more a relief than anything we won that. it had a 1-0 to swansea on a breakaway on 89 minutes written all over that.

when we won this last time in 05 we had great draws all the way to the final and could do with that luck again thanks. at least wenger seems to be taking the cup seriously again.
Lets not forget that it was Giroud's pass that led to Jack's goal . Had the last score stayed 0-0 , all these reactions could have changed as well . Giroud didn't have his best game but his physical ability and his assist were very important .

Özim
17-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I think Giroud is basically a good squad player, I don't think we should be relying on him as a regular 1st teamer though as he's nothing special.

Master Splinter
17-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Sir Jack :bow:. What a midget.

Showed up Cyrupzola for the fraudulent Spaniard he is.

No surprise that once again, when Giroud plays we click in the final third and put in a consistently good attacking display. WUMger will definitely drop him for the Chelsea game just as he's putting a good run of games together again.

He and Theo should have had at least three goals each though.

-Xs-
17-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I think Giroud will come good

Unlike other players to make the move from abroad to Arsenal, he doesn't, in my opinion, look like a complete fish out of water. It's his first season and he looks like he's got a bit about him and will grow. I don't think he would be as prolific as say an RVP is, but can see him getting 15+ goals next season. Him, Theo and Wilshere could make an interesting dynamic if WUM plays them together enough rather than f'cking around with the squad and preventing anything from clicking.

IBK
17-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I think Giroud will come good

Unlike other players to make the move from abroad to Arsenal, he doesn't, in my opinion, look like a complete fish out of water. It's his first season and he looks like he's got a bit about him and will grow. I don't think he would be as prolific as say an RVP is, but can see him getting 15+ goals next season. Him, Theo and Wilshere could make an interesting dynamic if WUM plays them together enough rather than f'cking around with the squad and preventing anything from clicking.

Not all players are recognisable individually. IMO Giroud has already proved himself very useful to the team.

LDG
17-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Not all players are recognisable individually. IMO Giroud has already proved himself very useful to the team.

:gp:

That touch last night for Wilshere was qual-i'ee.

Ollie the Optimist
18-01-2013, 01:15 PM
:gp:

That touch last night for Wilshere was qual-i'ee.

not sure which was better. his assist for podolski v montpellier, the one for gibbs against swansea (i think it was him) or that one for jack.

Özim
18-01-2013, 01:53 PM
not sure which was better. his assist for podolski v montpellier, the one for gibbs against swansea (i think it was him) or that one for jack.
Maybe we should play him in midfield if he's creating so much.

We lack a little bit in there.

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Maybe we should play him in midfield if he's creating so much.

We lack a little bit in there.

And use Theo to hold the ball up and distribute it.

Or not.