Fuck.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Awful :(

Yea, ref and Ramires definitely were.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:25 PM
two dodgy goals

BUT no reaction in the first half, far too slow AGAIN and the game was gone before we woke up. AGAIN.

who's doing the Giroud shoeing thread?

liverpool breathing down our necks :lol:

Marc Overmars
20-01-2013, 03:26 PM
It was like the game earlier in the season, we gifted them some goals and then huffed and puffed our way into it but to no avail.

Awful first half, much better 2nd.

Another damaging result though, 4th place is going to be a real struggle this year.

Özim
Another defeat, Benitez gets one over Wenger.

Awful 1st half much better 2nd half.

Not good, need a quality striker and some quality defenders.

Özil's Panoramic View
Nothing to be ashamed of, especially in that 2nd half. We were well and truly hard done here. Plus we had Diaby.

GP
20-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of, especially in that 2nd half. We were well and truly hard done here. Plus we had Diaby.

Agreed. We didn't deserve to lose today.

Despite having more of the play 1st falf, chelsea didn't create that much and it took 2 horrible refereeing decisions to gift them the goals.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Another defeat, Benitez gets one over Wenger.

Awful 1st half much better 2nd half.

Not good, need a quality striker and some quality defenders.
cavani :lol:

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:29 PM
two dodgy goals

BUT no reaction in the first half, far too slow AGAIN and the game was gone before we woke up. AGAIN.

who's doing the Giroud shoeing thread?

liverpool breathing down our necks :lol:

I did Chamakh so somebody else pick this up will they?

RomfordPele
Yay, we won the second half.

Some consolation that is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
we assumed because southampton, swansea and qpr got results there that we would as well, difference is all three of those sides have more fight in them than us.

Marc Overmars
It's time for Sagan to be dropped and GHELkinson given a run.

It was no coincidence we started to look more menacing with Gibbs playing past the halfway line instead of Sagan.

Gooner23
20-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Frustrating loss, again. Think we're really going to struggle for 4th.

If Wenger thinks we don't need a striker he should be sacked on the spot.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Dirty Ramirez filth getting MOTM was possibly comedy moment of the season so far. How could the fake NQ be that incompetent?

Power n Glory
20-01-2013, 03:32 PM
If a coach needs a lifeline, come to Arsenal...we're generous with the points. Chelsea have been terrible at home and we just made things easy by giving away two early goals and easing their nerves a bit. Sagna has to get dropped. That was a lazy performance. Merts had a bad day. A better game for Verms for once. Gibbs saw a lot ore of the ball in the 2nd half and was good going forwards. Cazorla took a half off and the decided to have a go in the 2nd half. Diaby lacks match practice and was sloppy at times, Coquelin was good, slow start for Jack as well...Giroud shit...Theo...good goal, too many offsides but worked hard.

Shit overall.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
why is it always our players that limp about after a 50/50 challenge?

why is it always our players that take a knock from a challenge?

why is it always our players that moan, groan and play the victim role on the pitch?

our centre midfield was so open it was embarrassing. we sold song and didn't replace him- its logical to think that when you sell the most defensive minded midfielder in your team you become even more open. why cant wenger see that?

we went to the bridge last year with a stronger team. we went this year with a weaker team. it was obvious we were always going to lose. we had coquelin in song's place and giroud in the place of van persie. neither are fit to clean the other's shoes. coquelin had an alright game but the problem is that even on his good day, he is nothing more than alex song on a poor day. the midfield was so lightweight it was a disgrace.

Ernesto
I thought the ref done us a favour by not sending off Sczezney tbh. He missed Ramires' dirty b*st*rd challenge on Coquelin in the build-up to the first goal, but to be fair, in real time, it looked inoccuous. It was only the slow-mo replay that showed just how bad it actually was.

But, in true Arsenal fashion, we wallowed in our own self-pity, let the feeling of injustice take over, and allowed Chelsea to plow on the pressure.

Only plusses were Wilshere and Gibbs. The rest of this turgid lot need to develop a winning mentality, and f***ing fast.

Master Splinter
Good second half mini-comeback, but overall Atkinson had too much experience and know-how to contain us.

At least we have one consistent player in Gibbs. Until he breaks again.

Why GHELkinson has been snubbed so badly by WUMger is a great mystery. He can't even get a game when Sagan is having the worst period of his career.

RomfordPele
Dirty Ramirez filth getting MOTM was possibly comedy moment of the season so far. How could the fake NQ be that incompetent?

Fouled for the first goal, dived for second, therefore the most influential player on the pitch. Take a bow son.

Ollie the Optimist
first half, chelsea were better side but didnt create much. it was two horrific decisions that got them their two goals. second half we were much better but its still not good enough. we are too slow, we dont have strikers. we dont have strikers who know how to stay on fucking side. if we dont sign a striker and a midfielder. wenger should be sacked on february 1st

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:33 PM
So Suarez admits to cheating and gets slated, Ramirez doesn't admit to it and gets MOTM. There's a lesson in that I think.

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Poor refereeing in the first half cost us, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we were pretty awful in the first 45 minutes. We improved in the 2nd, but still didn't create many chances.

Walcott was excellent in the 2nd half and scored a great goal, and shows why he thoroughly deserves his new contract. Despite some people saying he doesn't deliver in big games, he's the player I'd want 1 on 1 in a big game like this.

Our record in the big games is poor this season, so getting 4th is going to depend on us not screwing up against the lesser lights.

Ernesto
20-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Frustrating loss, again. Think we're really going to struggle for 4th.

If Wenger thinks we don't need a striker he should be sacked on the spot.

I'm not so sure it's about the striker, mate. The chance that Giroud had in the fourth minute and that headed opportunity that he totally ballsed-up in the second half could quite easily have been finished off by another attacker on our books- Podolski.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 03:35 PM
So Suarez admits to cheating and gets slated, Ramirez doesn't admit to it and gets MOTM. There's a lesson in that I think.

next time one of these ****s takes a dive to win a penalty against us. send in vermaelen to kick them in the face. fucking cheating ****s

BlindFaith_8
The boys played well in the 2nd and deserved a point. We need a strker who can score an important goal in games like today. Have to mention that Sagna is pants. All said and done, I was not expecting us to win so doesnt feel so bad, I just new we would be the team that the Chavs would break their home duck against.

Özil's Panoramic View
This is one time I refuse to slate the team and Wenger. Yea, we were slow out the blocks the 1st 45 mins, but it should have ended 0-0 at best. 2nd half, we fought to the end but just couldn't manage to pull level. Giroud is definitely not what we need if top 4 is our aim. Trouble is, Wenger hardly sees the obvious or is just a defiant ****.

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:36 PM
first half, chelsea were better side but didnt create much. it was two horrific decisions that got them their two goals. second half we were much better but its still not good enough. we are too slow, we dont have strikers. we dont have strikers who know how to stay on fucking side. if we dont sign a striker and a midfielder. wenger should be sacked on february 1st

What did you think of Walcott's goal?

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 03:37 PM

a very good finish.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:39 PM

Walcotts goal was great but his overall performance was very poor. Not that Sagna lifted a hair braid to help him. We desperately need to get that fucking cheque book out and splash cash on a proper striker. And we need someone a lot (lot) better than Diaby in the middle. Plus theo should start diving. It's all the rage and our lack of fashion sense is costing us.

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Walcotts goal was great but his overall performance was very poor. Not that Sagna lifted a hair braid to help him. We desperately need to get that fucking cheque book out and splash cash on a proper striker. And we need someone a lot (lot) better than Diaby in the middle. Plus theo should start diving. It's all the rage and our lack of fashion sense is costing us.

Walcott was very good in the 2nd half, and was our best player on the pitch. It seems that he has to play like Messi before he gets recognition on this board.

Gooner23
20-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not so sure it's about the striker, mate. The chance that Giroud had in the fourth minute and that headed opportunity that he totally ballsed-up in the second half could quite easily have been finished off by another attacker on our books- Podolski.

I was talking more generally speaking as opposed to any specific incident in the game today. Podolski was injured, therefore we had no viable option on the bench. That just isn't good enough in my opinion.

Niall_Quinn
34 from 22 and now listening to an interview from RvP. That's why we have 34 from 22. Simple.

Ollie the Optimist
Walcott was very good in the 2nd half, and was our best player on the pitch. It seems that he has to play like Messi before he gets recognition on this board.

ironic given everytime van persie scored vital gaols you never praised him.

Marc Overmars
20-01-2013, 03:42 PM
No qualms about the performance in general and I think we at least deserved a point but we have a terrible habit of starting games slowly, that's where the damage is always done.

3 home games on the spin now and we really need to pick up 9 points.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Offside too much, poor passing, didn't use his best asset, his pace. The goal doesn't hide these facts.

BlindFaith_8
Walcott took his goal well, but we can't expect him to do what RVP did for us last season and carry us, we need a replcement for Giroud and it doesnt need slly money to do that, why didnt we go in for Loic Remy? At 8 mill and 70K a week with have been well within our budget.

Kano
No qualms about the performance in general and I think we at least deserved a point but we have a terrible habit of starting games slowly, that's where the damage is always done.

3 home games on the spin now and we really need to pick up 9 points.
west ham, liverpool and stoke. on paper 9 points. on grass, get the bong out. we'll need it.

Niall_Quinn

RvP is a pretender, Walcott is the real deal. Even you must admit it.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Payback. :lol:

Alwful tagline.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:44 PM
it's sad that any fan should feel the need to keep on the back of our top scorer, whoever it is.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Alwful tagline.

Probably a financial reference. Maybe they owed us a few quid and we collected.

GP

Alwful tagline.

Payback? :lol:

For what?

Özil's Panoramic View
Thought I heard an analyst saying just now that this is the most points the Mancs have ever had at this stage in the Prem. I wasn't really paying attention or absorbing what was being said, so I'm not sure I heard correctly.

Letters
20-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Good 2nd half and probably deserved a point but the damage was done by a poor first half. Giroud had a 'mare, had he scored early then it would have been a different game and IMO we wouldn't have lost. Was impressed by Gibbs, he looked dangerous going forward. Walcott finished well although overall not a great performance.

*sigh*

Believe our next 3 league games are at home. 9 points are a must get.

Gooner23
20-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone else left sky sports on and happened to catch RVP interview by accident. Hearing him talk about his new mates Giggsy and Scholsey makes me little bit sick. I understand his decision to leave, but doesnt stop me thinking he's a complete ****.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Anyone else left sky sports on and happened to catch RVP interview by accident. Hearing him talk about his new mates Giggsy and Scholsey makes me little bit sick. I understand his decision to leave, but doesnt stop me thinking he's a complete ****.
he is an absolute ****. worse than a rapist. i don't want to hear him called anything else but a ****.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:50 PM
When I see and hear RvP it reminds me of how much I hate Kroenke.

Ollie the Optimist

he needs to go play in traffic. the judas ****

Marc Overmars
Wenget really needs to buy 1 or 2 to freshen things up, the team lacks so much quality it's scary.

Ollie the Optimist
@kickarseHD Van Persie feels like a kid in a sweet shop, the one time you want Jimmy Saville to turn up.

:haha:

RomfordPele
20-01-2013, 03:51 PM

There were a few more digs at arsenal and wenger in that interview - I.e. stuff about now seeing quality in training that he hasn't seen since days of Bergkamp. Ok, not unfounded but completely unnecessary. He's basically shitting on his old teammates.

Hope he hits a hat trick today then does his hammy in the 89th.

GP
20-01-2013, 03:52 PM
There were a few more digs at arsenal and wenger in that interview - I.e. stuff about now seeing quality in training that he hasn't seen since days of Bergkamp. Ok, not unfounded but completely unnecessary. He's basically shitting on his old teammates.

I hope he suffers massive heart failure.

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:52 PM
he needs to go play in traffic. the judas ****

We sound like jealous ex girlfriends everytime we call him a ****, wish him injury/death etc etc. Let's just move on. The problem wasn't necessarily losing RVP, but not replacing him with top quality like Llorente.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 03:53 PM

for a guy who is supposdly a childhood fan and respects wenger hes a fucking ****. digs everywehre. judas ****. someone break him and soon

RomfordPele
I hope he suffers massive heart failure.

Yikes :haha:

Niall_Quinn

Good call on the hat trick but hope its a spinal injury.

Newguy
20-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Better 2nd half performance.

We actually started OK in the first half, we got the first chance with Giroud, but the guy is shit. I have tried to be positive about the kid, but he hasn't got the quality. He cant finish, he cant dribble, he's first touch is poor except when doing flicks (which he is good at to be fair) but ultimately he's no better than Bendtner.
We got countered after his miss due Sagna (another shocker form the frenchman) This guy just doesn't give a fuck. Why he's not been dropped for Jenkinson is unbelievable in my opinion. His crosses don't beat the first man and he cant even be arsed to get back into his position...disgrace.

Cazorla took the 1st half off, was better in the 2nd.

Coquelin was one of few actually putting a shift in in the first half and was IMO our best player in the first half.

Theo with a classy finish, needs to be a bit braver though, should have had an assist and a goal.

One thing is for sure, if Sagna plays at RB, Mertz has to be benched. Mertersacker is so slow its unbelievable. It's like he takes an age to turn his body (it's so hard to explain lol) so he's got his eye on the ball, but if he attempts to look to his left to check on his CB partner when defending a break or just a basic attack, it's like he's goes into slow motion and the attackers are past him before he gets the chance to get his eyes back on the ball again. NQ said he should be a snooker player LOL I agree.

Verm was OK, Gibbs was decent also.

We lost the midfield with Cazrorla and Diaby just being off the pace. Diaby is looking timid, slow to react, slow to move, slow to pass, weak in the tackle. He's playing too many games, but when your only option is Ramsey, who just simply didnt deserve a contract extension then what can you do???

Maybe buy some players LOL.....

On to West Ham

Niall_Quinn
We sound like jealous ex girlfriends everytime we call him a ****, wish him injury/death etc etc. Let's just move on. The problem wasn't necessarily losing RVP, but not replacing him with top quality like Llorente.

Which is why we can't move on, he hasn't been replaced.

Joker
We sound like Stoke fans wishing death on other players

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:56 PM
the difference being none of our players have actually attempted it.

Ollie the Optimist

its easy for you to move cos you hate him. however its not that easy seeing that **** spend 7 years on the injury trophy taking our money and doing fuck all for us, then deciding that we are shit and he is too good for us as soon as he gets fit. ****

Marc Overmars
RVC is going to win the title with United on April 27th, at the Emirates. You heard it here first.

Power n Glory
Pisses off to see him score and play in that Man Utd shirt but don't wish injury on him. It's our own doing.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:57 PM
RVC is going to win the title with United on April 27th, at the Emirates. You heard it here first.
please don't ruin my week.

Master Splinter
20-01-2013, 03:59 PM
please don't ruin my week.

Jenkinson will sign a pre-contract with United the same day while Sagna lumbers around again and is destroyed by a recalled Bebe.

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:59 PM
its easy for you to move cos you hate him. however its not that easy seeing that **** spend 7 years on the injury trophy taking our money and doing fuck all for us, then deciding that we are shit and he is too good for us as soon as he gets fit. ****

Why does it hurt so much given that he did sweet FA for 7 out of his 8 years? He's a no mark player, he's just another Adebayor who did well for a period of time as you admit, but then buggered off. It's not like we lost a top quality player who gave us consistent service throughout his time here, that would hurt (like Tottenham losing Sol Campbell)

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 04:00 PM

We should form an ethics committee and lay down a clear set of guidelines for controlling the response of passionate fans. We'd need an impartial chair. Are you busy on Sundays?

BlindFaith_8
:good:
A player of his quality derserves to have winners medals. I don't hate the guy or wish him any harm, he performed superbly when he wore the shirt.

Kano
Jenkinson will sign a pre-contract with United the same day while Sagna lumbers around again and is destroyed by a recalled Bebe.
you're an awful human being. i can only wish you a savile in return.

Power n Glory
20-01-2013, 04:04 PM
We should form an ethics committee and lay down a clear set of guidelines for controlling the response of passionate fans. We'd need an impartial chair. Are you busy on Sundays?

:lol:

But you have to admit this is the sort of shit people will blast Stoke fans for. We could have kept him if we wanted to.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 04:05 PM
wenger - we are not close to signing someone tonight or tomorrow morning

we have a new signing coming tomorrow afternoon :dance:

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 04:06 PM

But you have to admit this is the sort of shit people will blast Stoke fans for. We could have kept him if we wanted to.

To be fair, we don't want to break everyone's legs. We lack ambition.

Grebbo
20-01-2013, 04:06 PM
If we had a striker we'd be a decent team.

Terrible first half, better second. A familiar story.

Arsenal Fan
20-01-2013, 04:07 PM
fuck sake

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 04:07 PM
we have a new signing coming tomorrow afternoon :dance:

No, it will be some other afternoon he hasn't mentioned. And it will be a child signing.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Payback? :lol:

For what?

Chelsea's win earlier in the season.

Sky. :haha:

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 04:19 PM
are we not allowed to post pictures anymore then?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Not stuff like that, no.

selassie
20-01-2013, 04:53 PM
This team has "Uefa Cup" written all over it. I've no idea how we're going to finish top 4 with the current squad, it's plainly not good enough.

On todays game...I honestly thought we were going to lose 4 or 5 nil after that horror show in the first half. We looked good in patches in the 2nd half but we have no Striker or Defensive organisation so we're pretty much handicapped in that respect.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Not stuff like that, no.

It's a twitter joke that's funny.i don't understand what's wrong with it

Özim
20-01-2013, 05:49 PM
This team has "Uefa Cup" written all over it. I've no idea how we're going to finish top 4 with the current squad, it's plainly not good enough.

On todays game...I honestly thought we were going to lose 4 or 5 nil after that horror show in the first half. We looked good in patches in the 2nd half but we have no Striker or Defensive organisation so we're pretty much handicapped in that respect.
Wenger and co seem to have made the defence worse since last season and I didn't think that was possible.

No doubt someone will pull out some stat stating the opposite but if you watch us we really are awful....it's almost like we don't have a defence at times.

Letters
20-01-2013, 05:54 PM
No doubt someone will pull out some stat stating the opposite
We've conceded 26 goals in the league
At this stage last year we'd conceeded 33

:pal:

:patrice:

:cool:

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 05:55 PM
34 points from 22 games. No way to spin that shit in a positive light.

Özim
20-01-2013, 05:55 PM

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 05:56 PM

Fantastic timing by me to get that post in and steal Letter's laugh. Me :bow:

RomfordPele
20-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Depressing stuff. Could have done without spuds nicking a point too.

Kano
20-01-2013, 05:58 PM
34 points from 22 games. No way to spin that shit in a positive light.

68 from 44 games. fourth place secured.

102 from 66. title coming home.

Dennis Bendtner
20-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Chelsea fans are a right bunch of knuckledragging gits. All they do is abuse their own players and manager and start having scraps with each other in the stands! Don't think I'll be on an undercover mission to their place again.

It was a good response in the second half. Common theme was, once again, the lack of real quality to make the difference up front.

Globalgunner
20-01-2013, 06:34 PM
If we had a proper manager we'd be a decent team.

Terrible first half, better second. A familiar story.

Fixed

Lord Nelson
20-01-2013, 07:04 PM
It was like the game earlier in the season, we gifted them some goals and then huffed and puffed our way into it but to no avail.

Awful first half, much better 2nd.

Another damaging result though, 4th place is going to be a real struggle this year.
So what! If we finish 4th this shit will continue! Wenger out! Maureen in! Spuds miles ahead in quality now! Fucking joke!

Kano
20-01-2013, 07:06 PM
i want wenger out but i'll be fucked if maureen struts round the place with his off field bollocks.

couldn't care less about his 'winning attitude' that selfish knobhead is bad news in the end.

Xhaka Can’t
20-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I thought the ref done us a favour by not sending off Sczezney tbh. He missed Ramires' dirty b*st*rd challenge on Coquelin in the build-up to the first goal, but to be fair, in real time, it looked inoccuous. It was only the slow-mo replay that showed just how bad it actually was.

But, in true Arsenal fashion, we wallowed in our own self-pity, let the feeling of injustice take over, and allowed Chelsea to plow on the pressure.

Only plusses were Wilshere and Gibbs. The rest of this turgid lot need to develop a winning mentality, and f***ing fast.

Why do you think the ref did us a favour? It was not a penalty.

Lord Nelson
20-01-2013, 07:43 PM
i want wenger out but i'll be fucked if maureen struts round the place with his off field bollocks.

couldn't care less about his 'winning attitude' that selfish knobhead is bad news in the end.
Partially agree but at least we would regain the winning mentality again. And Maureen would play

Lord Nelson
20-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Partially agree but at least we would regain the winning mentality again. And Maureen would play
Sorry! As I was saying, Maureen would play players in the right position!

Xhaka Can’t
20-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Can I be responsible for maintaining the risk register?

Kryptonite
20-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Sorry! As I was saying, Maureen would play players in the right position!

Mourinho managing an expensive but less talented Chelsea team to a record points title when we were at our peak is probably the best managing achievement I have ever seen. Even though the prices were high, glen johnsons and joe Coles shouldve been no match for our squad at the time! Amazing manager!

GP
20-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Mourinho managing an expensive but less talented Chelsea team to a record points title when we were at our peak is probably the best managing achievement I have ever seen. Even though the prices were high, glen johnsons and joe Coles shouldve been no match for our squad at the time! Amazing manager!

Chequebook manager.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-01-2013, 08:16 PM

how old are you? 12?

dalglish's blackburn triumph pisses all over mourinho's. and while we're at it, so does wengers 97-98 league triumph.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Please stop typing and step away from the keyboard, sir. We'll have no voice of reason on here. Thank you.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Can I be responsible for maintaining the risk register?

We'd have to form another committee to decide that.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 09:44 PM

so spending 200 million and winning the league is a better acheivement the winning hte league unbeaten?

KSE Comedy Club
20-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I honestly think the penalty was right.

Diaby stuck his leg in front of Ramirez and had his arm round him, same as kos last week.

Just more evidence of the clueless defending that the team gets taught.

Fucking sick of it all tbh.

We're so shit Liverpool look like they're going to finish above us this season.

Xhaka Can’t
20-01-2013, 11:08 PM

You're honestly wrong.

We have a lot of problems and that first half was a disgraceful performance. There is no need to make shit up to further emphasise the point. It was not a penalty.

Kano
20-01-2013, 11:13 PM

he had the ball under control of his right foot with the keeper next to his left, but his right foot ended up closer to the keeper to go down? dive or a slip but not a penalty.

KSE Comedy Club
20-01-2013, 11:21 PM
It was the diaby tackle that went just inside the box wasn't it?

I'm not sure if I've seen the right incident or not now :shrug:

Edit: ahh shit, no it wasn't.

Having watched it again, it wasn't a penalty.

I wasn't fully concentrating on the game when it was on, and I saw the incident which I mentioned above and thought that was when the penalty was given.

My bad.

Cripps_orig
21-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Theo is awesome

Giroud is terrible

Lost the game as expected

On we go

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 12:18 AM
The holding in the box earlier was probably a pen, but not the dive by that horrendous cheat Ramirez.

GP
21-01-2013, 12:26 AM
The holding in the box earlier was probably a pen, but not the dive by that horrendous cheat Ramirez.

You mean when Cahill was holding Giroud?

I agree, definite pen.

Grebbo
21-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Diaby moaning at the players in front of him and then dawdling on the ball and giving it away was the highlight for me. Ramsey almost did the exact same thing in the second half. Such stupid players.

We're a world class striker away from challenging for the top four.

This is the season we're not going to make it. No chance. RVP carried us to top four last season. No RVP = no top 4.

As for the Chavs, they were impressive in the first half especially their midfield. I guess spending £60million in the summer on midfielders helps. Second half they were pretty crap.

Cripps_orig
21-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Mata is awesome. We got Cazorla :haha:

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Diaby moaning at the players in front of him and then dawdling on the ball and giving it away was the highlight for me. Ramsey almost did the exact same thing in the second half. Such stupid players.

We're a world class striker away from challenging for the top four.

This is the season we're not going to make it. No chance. RVP carried us to top four last season. No RVP = no top 4.

As for the Chavs, they were impressive in the first half especially their midfield. I guess spending £60million in the summer on midfielders helps. Second half they were pretty crap.

Possibly Wenger (or Bould in secret when Wenger was busy with his coat) reminded the players at half time they needed to run and press the opposition to compete in a professional football match. Once we started doing that and started denying the chav imps all the time and space in the world their £60mill (plus billion trillion in wages) superstars weren't as effective. It makes me think we should try the running and pressing tactic in future matches. If that's okay with the players of course.

Cripps_orig
21-01-2013, 01:39 PM
The bit on MOTD showing Jack being the only one trying to press highlighted the problem we have. No one gives a fuck bar Jack

Marc Overmars
21-01-2013, 01:41 PM
We're always like that, it takes going a goal down for us to wake up and start playing. We don't really have the discipline to control a game, hence why the nervous kittens always make an appearance when we're leading.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Mata is awesome. We got Cazorla :haha:

Mata looked good in the first half, vanished in the second. Cazorla was invisible in the first half, looked good in the second. Whatever people think about him he can control a ball, has awareness, can pass, is intelligent, he can be trusted when he gets the ball unlike just about every other player in the team. And he often considers playing it forward which is a big plus. I can't understand how Diaby is considered a good player but Cazorla gets panned. Diaby is a negative influence on the team, like Ramsey most of the time. Slow, ponderous, unaware of what's going on around him, negative, always looking to slow the play, takes too many touches, easily dispossessed, always ready to play it backwards or sideways. Mata would be just as disadvantaged if he had players like Diaby around him.

Cripps_orig
21-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Mata looked good in the first half, vanished in the second. Cazorla was invisible in the first half, looked good in the second. Whatever people think about him he can control a ball, has awareness, can pass, is intelligent, he can be trusted when he gets the ball unlike just about every other player in the team. And he often considers playing it forward which is a big plus. I can't understand how Diaby is considered a good player but Cazorla gets panned. Diaby is a negative influence on the team, like Ramsey most of the time. Slow, ponderous, unaware of what's going on around him, negative, always looking to slow the play, takes too many touches, easily dispossessed, always ready to play it backwards or sideways. Mata would be just as disadvantaged if he had players like Diaby around him.
I don't think Diaby is a good player. He's one of the worst IMO. Of all time. Sure, partnering him doesn't help but Cazorla disappears too often in games. It's sad that in this day and age where Spanish midgets are awesome in midfield, we got the 2 worst ones. Thanks Wenger.

Injury Time
21-01-2013, 01:47 PM
We're always like that, it takes going a goal down for us to wake up and start playing. We don't really have the discipline to control a game, hence why the nervous kittens always make an appearance when we're leading.
This. Infuriating grr.

Power n Glory
21-01-2013, 01:55 PM

Cazorla has taken a month or so off. I wouldn't hold him up as a great example just yet. He can go into hiding, be just as wasteful and get caught in possession like the rest of them. He can go long stretches through the game where he won't even touch the ball and for a player of his quality it's not enough. His shooting is pretty bad as well. He's a good player but he needs to step it up because he's done very little since scoring that hat trick and hasn't put in a proper shift since. He can be just as lazy when pressing the opposition as well.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't think Diaby is a good player. He's one of the worst IMO. Of all time. Sure, partnering him doesn't help but Cazorla disappears too often in games. It's sad that in this day and age where Spanish midgets are awesome in midfield, we got the 2 worst ones. Thanks Wenger.

Cazorla requires the rest of the team to be firing, he can't drag the game along by himself. Arteta and Cazorla may not be the most expensive options (which is why Mata and Silva are at the chavs and the gypos respectively) but our "worse" alternatives are not bad players by any stretch of the imagination. We've got much bigger problems that these two.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Cazorla has taken a month or so off. I wouldn't hold him up as a great example just yet. He can go into hiding, be just as wasteful and get caught in possession like the rest of them. He can go long stretches through the game where he won't even touch the ball and for a player of his quality it's not enough. His shooting is pretty bad as well. He's a good player but he needs to step it up because he's done very little since scoring that hat trick and hasn't put in a proper shift since. He can be just as lazy when pressing the opposition as well.

He's playing in a system that inexplicably performs when we are up against it but relaxes when we gain the merest advantage. It can't be all eleven deciding to play this way simultaneously. It must be some sort of fucked up tactic that fails to work season after season. The players get instructions before they go out on the pitch. The instructions are faulty, or at least they don't maximise the potential of the team. I suppose Wenger would claim over the course of a season his tactics do work because we keep hold of that 4th spot. But it must be confusing for certain players when the tempo is shifting all the time and there's no opportunity to get a steady rhythm going and build control of the game.

Marc Overmars
21-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Crippszola is by far the most technically gifted player we have and always likely to produce at least one moment of quality a game, but considering his ability I expected him to be our go to guy and he's not really lived up to that billing. He's just as likely to go hiding as the rest.

Although I was thinking if you took any Spanish midget out of their national set up and put them in a pub team environment, they'd blow hot and cold.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Crippszola is by far the most technically gifted player we have and always likely to produce at least one moment of quality a game, but considering his ability I expected him to be our go to guy and he's not really lived up to that billing. He's just as likely to go hiding as the rest.

Although I was thinking if you took any Spanish midget out of their national set up and put them in a pub team environment, they'd blow hot and cold.

Exactly. Barca press when they are winning, they press when they are losing, they even press when they are drawing. Their aim is to get the ball and control it. I'm not sure what our tactics are. Looking from the outside without being party to the actual instructions being issued it seems to be start slow, allow the other team into the game, apply pressure at the end if things aren't going our way or sit back and invite pressure if they are. We all know by now how the team will react in any given circumstance. We've seen it for years. Doesn't matter who comes in they all fall into the same system. It's like we set out to disrupt our own momentum. I suspect it has something to do with conservation of energy based on some crazy statistical model.

Injury Time
21-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Exactly. Barca press when they are winning, they press when they are losing, they even press when they are drawing. Their aim is to get the ball and control it. I'm not sure what our tactics are. Looking from the outside without being party to the actual instructions being issued it seems to be start slow, allow the other team into the game, apply pressure at the end if things aren't going our way or sit back and invite pressure if they are. We all know by now how the team will react in any given circumstance. We've seen it for years. Doesn't matter who comes in they all fall into the same system. It's like we set out to disrupt our own momentum. I suspect it has something to do with conservation of energy based on some crazy statistical model.
Any other manager would give Theo* a rocket from the "jog" track back when we are under pressure/ being hit on the counter, the scary thing is I think you could be right :ilt:

Eta *not just Theo, other lazy players are available.

Power n Glory
21-01-2013, 02:28 PM
He's playing in a system that inexplicably performs when we are up against it but relaxes when we gain the merest advantage. It can't be all eleven deciding to play this way simultaneously. It must be some sort of fucked up tactic that fails to work season after season. The players get instructions before they go out on the pitch. The instructions are faulty, or at least they don't maximise the potential of the team. I suppose Wenger would claim over the course of a season his tactics do work because we keep hold of that 4th spot. But it must be confusing for certain players when the tempo is shifting all the time and there's no opportunity to get a steady rhythm going and build control of the game.

In regards to defending and off the ball pressing, I think that it’s maybe down to Wenger and his tactics. But the way I see Jack charging around, pointing and getting frustrated with others that aren’t doing the same…it just looks as if there is no organisation and people do what they want when it comes to defending. It doesn’t make sense to see Jack pressing hard while everyone else just jogs.

But there is still no excuse for why a player of Cazorla’s ability can go missing for so long. He’s probably knackered but a central midfield player can’t hide like this. He needs to keep things ticking and we shouldn’t be looking to Wilshere or Diaby to carry the load.

Cripps_orig
21-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Cazorla requires the rest of the team to be firing, he can't drag the game along by himself. Arteta and Cazorla may not be the most expensive options (which is why Mata and Silva are at the chavs and the gypos respectively) but our "worse" alternatives are not bad players by any stretch of the imagination. We've got much bigger problems that these two.
Arteta is

Japan Shaking All Over
21-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I have only seen the last five mins+added on and the goals at the end.
Why the hell cant we play with the same kind of energy that we did for the parts I watched........
By the sounds of it we did our usual Sunday stroll first half and only came to life in the second.......I dont want to hear any more excuses that we were good in the second half......we lost over two halves plain and simple and as the old cliche goes it is two halves that a game is over.

bignev
21-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Arteta is

English muthafucker. Do you speak it?

Japan Shaking All Over
21-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Can feel a Cripps moment coming on :popcorn:

Newguy
21-01-2013, 03:16 PM
English muthafucker. Do you speak it?
w-w-w-what???