PDA

View Full Version : sagna

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 03:46 PM
what is wrong with him? he looks like he doesnt give a shit anymore, hasnt got the energy he used to have and seems to moan more then try and get the ball back. its almost like he thinks he is off in the summer and therefore doesnt give a shit. today he just went down holding his leg leaving the ball for chelsea to take off him, ok the ref called a free kick, but he might not have done and then we would have been fucked.

do we offer him a two year deal? i dont think so. i think he is off. id sell him now because he looks like he cant be arced

Joker
20-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe he knows he's off in the summer and can't be arsed anymore.

Power n Glory
20-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Who gives a shit. He just needs to be dropped.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:49 PM
He's not good enough right now even to be playing for us. Jenks the better bet if only for the possibility of getting a decent cross in. Sell him yes. Buy a proper replacement? Doubtful.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Again Wenger either not seeing or refusing to address the obvious. Sagna has been doing fuck all in a most uncaring manner for a few games now, yet he's still being played week in, week out. And to think we have capable back up in jenkinson. Would never happen under SAF.

Marc Overmars
20-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Time for GHELkinson to come home.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Again Wenger either not seeing or refusing to address the obvious. Sagna has been doing fuck all in a most uncaring manner for a few games now, yet he's still being played week in, week out. And to think we have capable back up in jenkinson. Would never happen under SAF.

No because Sagna and Jenks don't play for him. Well maybe Sagna does.

Kano
20-01-2013, 03:51 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8113102640_2e51db0970_z.jpg

i've no idea what's on his mind

Master Splinter
20-01-2013, 03:52 PM
His first few games back, he was the same old Sagna.

In the last few weeks, he's been nothing short of dreadful. And somehow, his crossing has inexplicably become worse.

It's a mixture of perhaps playing every match after various injury lay-offs and natural deterioration.

Why WUMger plays him in every match after so much time out when we have a perfectly capable replacement who was one of our best players in the early part of the season is completely baffling. A long sentence that may be, but it's probably further evidence of Wenget the psychopath.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 03:52 PM

Trying to get paddy back at AFC?

Marc Overmars
20-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Who has taught Sagan to wrap his foot around the ball the way he does? I can't explain it but the technique for when he shapes up to cross just looks fucked.

BlindFaith_8
20-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Have never rated Lasagna, looks to bulky and slow for right wing back, and that fucking hair do makes him look ike a trannny.

GP
20-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Have never rated Lasagna,

Then you're a fucking idiot.

Grebbo
20-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Been awful of late. We must upgrade.

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2013, 04:11 PM

Delete, delete...

McNamara That Ghost...
20-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Braids.

Ollie the Optimist
20-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Have never rated Lasagna, looks to bulky and slow for right wing back, and that fucking hair do makes him look ike a trannny.

up until last year, sagna has been one of the top three right backs in every year.

Newguy
20-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Sagna has been a disgrace imo. Jenks should be in, he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Today should be the last straw.

alexander
20-01-2013, 06:13 PM

Applies to most of the fecking team.

Globalgunner
20-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Dont see why Sagna is the object of this tirade, When Diaby, Wenger`s muse, was the reason we lost this game. He has been getting worse i agree, but only 2 seasons ago evryone agreed that Jenkinson was low grade. Now he is top notch all of a sudden. Jenks is younger and probably faster, but overall he is not that much better and still below the quality we used to have ie before Eboue darkend our eyesight with his unparalleled crapness

Marc Overmars
20-01-2013, 06:21 PM
We can only hope Wenget's performance software tells him Sagan's form has dropped dramatically.

At least there's a chance we'll see GHELkinson at some point this week, maybe at Brighton.

Dennis Bendtner
20-01-2013, 06:36 PM
He is gone. Poor body language for a long time. In my expert opinion he is moping because the club haven't given him a long deal. You can't have that obvious negative mentality in the team. Why did he crumple to the ground when he had the ball? That's Denilson's game.

Fats
20-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Don't rate him that highly and never has. He is a good player on his day but never going to sweat blood for our club. He is just another one of the average French mercenaries.

Non plussed if he goes, his average ability is easily replaced. Won't care one bit, the guy is no goner and never will be, happy to collect his wages for no effort.

Newguy
20-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Dont see why Sagna is the object of this tirade, When Diaby, Wenger`s muse, was the reason we lost this game. He has been getting worse i agree, but only 2 seasons ago evryone agreed that Jenkinson was low grade. Now he is top notch all of a sudden. Jenks is younger and probably faster, but overall he is not that much better and still below the quality we used to have ie before Eboue darkend our eyesight with his unparalleled crapness

How is it diabys fault we lost the game?

Whatever you think of jenks, we're in a fight for 4th. Players need to work harder and cover more ground quicker. Sagna is putting in half arse cross attempts which fail to beat the first man time and time again. He's not overlapping the wide midfielders players and if he does it's again half hearted. Worse of all his positional sense has gone out the window.

He's being beaten for pace all the time and the fact he just allows the cross (something jenkinson fights tooth and nail to prevent) with zero pressure is disgusting.

Why hasn't he been dropped is my question.

This guy gives a fuck about getting back into his position after bombing forward to waste an attack with his shocking cross attempts.

He can't best his man, the guy was a disgrace today.

-Xs-
21-01-2013, 05:57 AM
He is gone. Poor body language for a long time. In my expert opinion he is moping because the club haven't given him a long deal. You can't have that obvious negative mentality in the team. Why did he crumple to the ground when he had the ball? That's Denilson's game.

He started the season bemoaning the fact that we once again sold our top performer(s)

He was quite right, and he is probably now completely disillusioned with the way the club is being run, like many of us.

However, he can't cross a ball for shit. Decent defender and would be yet another loss, but not irreplaceable.

Globalgunner
21-01-2013, 06:07 AM
How is it diabys fault we lost the game?

Whatever you think of jenks, we're in a fight for 4th. Players need to work harder and cover more ground quicker. Sagna is putting in half arse cross attempts which fail to beat the first man time and time again. He's not overlapping the wide midfielders players and if he does it's again half hearted. Worse of all his positional sense has gone out the window.

He's being beaten for pace all the time and the fact he just allows the cross (something jenkinson fights tooth and nail to prevent) with zero pressure is disgusting.

Why hasn't he been dropped is my question.

This guy gives a fuck about getting back into his position after bombing forward to waste an attack with his shocking cross attempts.

He can't best his man, the guy was a disgrace today.

How did we concede the second goal.

GP
21-01-2013, 07:57 AM
How did we concede the second goal.

Ramires dived in the box, ref fell for it.

Newguy
21-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Ramires dived in the box, ref fell for it.
That's what i thought...

What i do remember is Sagna jogging back to get to the rb position (occupied by ramirez) with zero urgency. Even if he didn't make it in time, look at the footage again and watch this disgrace just jog back in cruise mode. It's shocking.

Marc Overmars
21-01-2013, 02:24 PM
The whole defence just stood ball watching as Chesney came out.

No one gives a fuck and it shows on the pitch every week.

selassie
21-01-2013, 02:24 PM

Yep, his body language suggests to me he's not particularly bothered anymore due to contract wrangle.

I'd personally give him (Sagna) at least 2 years, don't get me wrong I like Jenko but he's not ready to displace Sagna yet and play at the level Sagna has been for the past 3 or 4 years.

Newguy
21-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Yep, his body language suggests to me he's not particularly bothered anymore due to contract wrangle.

I'd personally give him (Sagna) at least 2 years, don't get me wrong I like Jenko but he's not ready to displace Sagna yet and play at the level Sagna has been for the past 3 or 4 years.
I don't think sagna's current level is anything to rave about. I'd be happy for players to be picked on merit and dropped due to bad form. I think Sagna should be dropped after that performance.

Syn
21-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Disgusting behaviour from him in this last month. He has mentally checked out of Arsenal. There's no way a player of his ability could play this badly if he was focused.

selassie
21-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't think sagna's current level is anything to rave about. I'd be happy for players to be picked on merit and dropped due to bad form. I think Sagna should be dropped after that performance.

Yup, I kind of agree, he has had a few stinkers recently, I mean real stinkers but...he's served us well.

If his head has gone and then he should most definitely be dropped for the "good" of the team, whether this happens remains to be seen.

Letters
21-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Disgusting behaviour from him in this last month. He has mentally checked out of Arsenal. There's no way a player of his ability could play this badly if he was focused.
It is pretty shoddy, even if he wants out he's still getting paid £SHITLOADS a week and effort is the minimum we should expect.

Özil's Panoramic View
21-01-2013, 04:36 PM
It is pretty shoddy, even if he wants out he's still getting paid £SHITLOADS a week and effort is the minimum we should expect.

Exactly. Do what you signed up and is paid handsomely to do regardless of whatever petty grouse you might have.

But then, this is probably a type of player protest that Wenger has failed to pick up on. Wenger is not known to tolerate protest from players, so I can't fathom why he has yet to freeze out Sagna for turning into a little **** over the last month or so.

Some listless, dull, lacklustre and carefree performances from Sagna, which has cost us dearly by way of goals being conceded, yet he inexplicably continues to get the nod ahead of Jenkinson. Some might argue that goals will always be conceded - true, but those conceded because of a player's apparent indifference must not go by unchecked.

Power n Glory
21-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Awful attitude from the guy. He's taking the absolute piss and should be benched.

Marc Overmars
21-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I would personally try and get him tied down for at least 2 more years, he's nowhere near as shit as recent matches suggest. He's always been consistent and regarded as one of best in the business for his position. However I think he knows the club are unlikely to budge with their 1 year extension and probably have a lot of faith in GHELkinson after he signed his new deal.

Sagan. :wave:

Newguy
21-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Just saw the jog back from sagna again for the second goal and i just can't believe it.

IBK
21-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Strange, but Sagna almost seems to have the last season Adebayor about him.

Özim
21-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I can remember when Eboue was considered on of the best full backs around after that Real game, things soon changed for him and they're starting to change for Sagna too.

He's been awful this season, shocking defensively and a waste of space offensively. Maybe he spends more time beading his hair than practicing playing football.

Ollie the Optimist
21-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Just saw the jog back from sagna again for the second goal and i just can't believe it.

it was shocking. at least when ox plays right wing he runs back to try and get the ball back. theo was very guilty of it yesterday. sagna was shocking for it. cazorla, diary too. only ones who did were jack and coq

Power n Glory
21-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I've always had a problem with his attitude when the chips are down. He doesn't rally, encourage or guide the players, in most cases you'll see him pointing or gesturing with his arms as if someone else has fucked up but it's never him.

If he's having a sulk because of his contract talks then he needs to hit the bench. It's unprofessional. Theo was dropped at the start of the season and was made to play his way back into the team. Despite it being public and bit messy, he never made comments about past players leaving in the press or anything negative and never pulled in half hearted performances. Van Persie knew it was unlikely he'd sign with us at the end of the season but he put in a shift every game and played to the best of his ability regardless of his contract talks. Cesc wasn't even this bad. Shit...Nasri, despite his snipes at the fans and club, still was professional enough to turn up and play his last game for us knowing he was off to City, knowing he was going to get booed by the fans but he still put in a very good performance for us on his last day and you just had to take your hat off to him for that. We had players out injured and the little shit still put in performance and didn't go hiding even though he could have with fans singing the **** version of his song.

What the heck is Sagna's problem? Wenger needs to haul him off this continues and I'm against us selling key players every year but nobody should be allowed to take the piss. He needs to shape up and get his head back into the game. It's out of order.

GP
21-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Sagan will be off very soon. I've said it before, but I think the club are quite happy to see him leave and quite frankly, on this season's showing, so am I.

Ollie the Optimist
21-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Sagan will be off very soon. I've said it before, but I think the club are quite happy to see him leave and quite frankly, on this season's showing, so am I.

i can only think off one good game this year, that was spurs. ok he missed the beginging of teh season but just has been awful. though my biggest problem is not him playing badly, its the lack of effort. the giving up chasing the abll down, the jogging instead of sprinting.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-01-2013, 09:55 PM
i can only think off one good game this year, that was spurs. ok he missed the beginging of teh season but just has been awful. though my biggest problem is not him playing badly, its the lack of effort. the giving up chasing the abll down, the jogging instead of sprinting.

beginging :bow:

teh :bow:

abll :bow:

Cripps_orig
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is in talks with the club over a new deal - but has once again intimated that he could to quit the Emirates.
The France full-back is facing increasing competition from emerging talent Carl Jenkinson for a starting berth in Arsene Wenger's side.
And, with the 2014 World Cup in Brazil edging ever closer, Sagna has revealed he may have to consider his future with Paris St-Germain and Monaco interested.
"There are [talks], but I still haven't extended my contract. I'm talking. I'm not at a bad club either," Sagna told L'Equipe.
When asked if he could return to France he replied: "Yes. It's possible. We'd have to see in which conditions and, in sporting terms, what they propose. I won't go just anywhere.
"If I stay at Arsenal, I'll try to have a good season, there's the World Cup at the end of it. If I'm to leave, it'll be a new challenge."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130604/france-return-option-arsenal-defender-198929#ixzz2VH3AkZfa
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter

With Kos gone, can we afford to let Sagna go as well?

Syn
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I think his troubles this season were in part due to his contract situation. It was a mental issue rather than physical - although he has slowed a touch on that front too.

We can't get much money for him. I think the club would want him to see out his contract and let Jenkinson and an impressive youngster bellerin have another season to get ready.

Sagna has been the best RB in the league for nearly 5 seasons. He's a phenomenal player when he is focused. If there is any chance we can get his mind back on track, we should keep him and offer an extension. Jenkinson is not quite ready yet IMO.

Marc Overmars
04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he went to PSG or Monaco.

selassie
06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he went to PSG or Monaco.

Yep, I really wouldn't be that against him leaving. He's done his time, was playing at a high level for 3, maybe 4 seasons. His level has dropped now but he can still do a job for us.

If he does go, I'd like to see the club replace him properly, Jenks isn't quite ready yet IMHO.

Thierrymon
07-06-2013, 01:03 AM
There is something rotten with our club. Why do our best players consistently become unhappy and try to engineer a move. I think our wage structure probably has a lot to do with it. We should stop paying our shiters such massive wages, and use the money to keep our top quality players.

I really rate Sagna but you could tell there were times last season where he just didnt look up for it. I think we are worse off without him tbh.

Penguin
08-06-2013, 04:06 PM
There is something rotten with our club. Why do our best players consistently become unhappy and try to engineer a move. I think our wage structure probably has a lot to do with it. We should stop paying our shiters such massive wages, and use the money to keep our top quality players.

I really rate Sagna but you could tell there were times last season where he just didnt look up for it. I think we are worse off without him tbh.

The problem is more to do with the lack of trophies, or at least the lack of progression. There's no difference between Arsenal football club now and how we were 5 years ago. It's just an endless cycle of scraping top 4, getting nowhere near trophies, selling off our best players and then spending next to nothing on replacements. It's only natural that a player with about 10 years of top level football in him, would want a change of scenery to a club with real ambition.

Niall_Quinn
08-06-2013, 08:05 PM
The problem is more to do with the lack of trophies, or at least the lack of progression. There's no difference between Arsenal football club now and how we were 5 years ago. It's just an endless cycle of scraping top 4, getting nowhere near trophies, selling off our best players and then spending next to nothing on replacements. It's only natural that a player with about 10 years of top level football in him, would want a change of scenery to a club with real ambition.

Though let's not forget the fact it's the ~£60K per week players who fuck up trying to win trophies and end up scraping 4th place. They are not blameless.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-06-2013, 11:58 AM
sagna signing a new contract apparently

good news. cant keep having a go at the club for selling players then get annoyed an experienced pro is staying. form has dropped but with us spending big this summer hopefully it lifts the whole team. he has been a great servant for the club during our tough times.

have the board assured him we are spending big? he was pretty set on leaving with some of his earlier quotes.

was hoping the theo contract talks were going to be a new direction for the club and it seems it will be. more of the same please.

Syn
20-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I was hoping he'd get offered a new contract too. Don't want him to leave.

He was mostly awful last season but I think he was unsettled. He was losing a bit of pace and strength but in terms of reading the game and general defending ability, he is exceptional. And he put in the performance of the season of any Arsenal player in our win away to Sunderland...filled in at CB after Jenkinson nearly cost us the game by getting sent off. Jenks not ready. Ideally we'd sign a top RB but other areas need attention first.

LDG
20-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I was hoping he'd get offered a new contract too. Don't want him to leave.

He was mostly awful last season but I think he was unsettled. He was losing a bit of pace and strength but in terms of reading the game and general defending ability, he is exceptional. And he put in the performance of the season of any Arsenal player in our win away to Sunderland...filled in at CB after Jenkinson nearly cost us the game by getting sent off. Jenks not ready. Ideally we'd sign a top RB but other areas need attention first.

Can't argue with that.

Sagan :bow:

Gooner23
20-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Im happy with this also. Has been my favorouite player over the last few seasons. Up until last season his consistency was immense.

Grebbo
20-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd have liked us to have replaced him. He's pretty shit now tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-06-2013, 02:07 PM
he's got 2 years left in him.

next season is realistically his last big one. the following year he will start being benched more.

that year cafu will start to phase in while sagna phases out.

works out perfectly.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2013, 02:08 PM
He's got 1 year left on his contract hasn't he? And he's decided to see it out. Not a terrible back-up provided he gives a bit more than the 3% return he offered towards the end of last season.

selassie
21-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I do like him as a player, he was horrible last season but up until then had been very good for us. I'm hoping he regains his form this season.