PDA

View Full Version : Andre Santos- The Muppet

fakeyank
26-01-2013, 04:56 PM
What is this guy doing in a football ground, let alone starting games for us?!

Maestro
26-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Ask Wenget why, not us.

Boss
26-01-2013, 04:59 PM
He is the defensive version of Gervinho.

I fear the day both of them start for us.

fakeyank
26-01-2013, 05:01 PM
He is the defensive version of Gervinho.

I fear the day both of them start for us.

I do believe Gervinho has everything it takes to improve... he just needs some right bollocking before he changes. As for Santos, I see no hope at all. He is right up there among the worst Arsenal players ever to have worn the shirt.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I hope he is killed.

Globalgunner
26-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Let him be, he won the lottery joining Arsenal, just like Squillaci, Djourou and before that Sylvestre, Swiss Tony, Eboue....Its the Wenger way, buy lots of shit defenders, train them badly, let the balls fall as they may, Shit happens.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Every time he p,as he proves he's the worst defender in football. Not sure why this isn't sinking in for Wenger. We start with 10 vs 12 when the fat, useless, uncommitted bastard steps on the pitch. Maybe that's it, Wenger likes a challenge. That would explain silvestre and squillaci too.

fakeyank
26-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Let him be, he won the lottery joining Arsenal, just like Squillaci, Djourou and before that Sylvestre, Swiss Tony, Eboue....Its the Wenger way, buy lots of shit defenders, train them badly, let the balls fall as they may, Shit happens.

None of them in that list was this bad. I'll put Santos on par with Cygan in terms of scaring the shit out of Arsenal fans.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Head shot and be done with it, please.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:16 PM
None of them in that list was this bad. I'll put Santos on par with Cygan in terms of scaring the shit out of Arsenal fans.

Cygan got raped by some of the best in the business. Santos would be in the pocket of a typical kid who kicks cans around the street. Worst I ever saw.

fakeyank
26-01-2013, 05:18 PM
:haha:

Thats true as well.. He is just shocking. Doesnt even try. I remember him being pretty decent last season. In fact, he had a very good game against Chelsea in our famous 3-5 win... WTF has happened since then? I wouldnt even pick him as a sub in my indoor games!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-01-2013, 11:54 PM
the most hated player at arsenal surely

an absolute wanker. swapping shirts with someone who is an absolute villain here, not even having the decency to wait until full time. that was the last straw.

i genuinely hope he gets knee capped and his career gets ended. never will i support this wanker while he wears our red and white.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Only we could dump a player like Eboue and end up with an even bigger clown.

GP
26-01-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll never criticise someone as long as they try hard, but he can't even do that.

I wouldn't say he's the worst player we've had, but he's certainly the least professional.

Grebbo
27-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Terrible. Don't look at his Twitter or Instagram.... Piss boiling stuff. He's a bell end.

Marc Overmars
27-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Terrible. Don't look at his Twitter or Instagram.... Piss boiling stuff. He's a bell end.

I stopped following him a while ago after my feed just became clogged with his shite every day. If phones were allowed on the bench I'm sure he'd spend all game on it. It takes a lot to be unanimously disliked by GW but this guy fits the bill.

Hopefully he is sold in the summer (or better yet, this week) and we buy that kid from Southampton as back up for Gibbs.

fakeyank
27-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Whats his twitter? :lol:

Grebbo
27-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Whats his twitter? :lol:

I'm not on Twitter but sometimes look at the player tweets page on arse.com. Santos consistently tweets drivel and shit pictures, usually of him messing around pretending to train. Although the latest one of his gf is ok!

Grebbo
27-01-2013, 12:42 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/player-tweets

Grebbo
27-01-2013, 12:48 AM
We deserve some decent defenders at this club. It's pathetic that we have to put up with shit defenders year after year. Santos takes the biscuit. Even Sagna who was a beast a couple of years ago has lost it. Merts has the turning speed of a double decker bus and Verm consistently gets too tight to his man and dives in.

Pathetic.

We hardly ever keep a clean sheet and that's why we're struggling.

Özim
27-01-2013, 01:04 AM
It's the manager that's signs this sh*te to be fair, the guy you've been defending recently by saying he's the best we can get.

Cripps_orig
27-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Not sure what he did wrong today and nowhere near as bad as made out to be but not good enough

Dennis Bendtner
27-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't know why he isn't frozen out like Squillaci. Everyone would have picked him as the outstanding weak link before the game even started yesterday. Surely there are reserves available? I'd rather see Miquel (where is he?) or Yennaris. Even Meade. Why not?

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Work permit thing? We could end up having to pay the bastard to go home and lounge on the beach if he doesn't ever play. Which would be a better option than letting him play.

selassie
28-01-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't know why he isn't frozen out like Squillaci. Everyone would have picked him as the outstanding weak link before the game even started yesterday. Surely there are reserves available? I'd rather see Miquel (where is he?) or Yennaris. Even Meade. Why not?

Well considering we paid 6million for him and he takes home 50k per week I don't think Arsene could bring himself to write off a player so quickly. Andre Santos is a horrible Football player, he's nothing more than a panic buy, one that was brought in to paper over the cracks after Arsene "wrecked the team" 2 summers ago.

It's all very well selling players but if you don't have anybody of a decent standard lined up then well..........

Özim
28-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Well considering we paid 6million for him and he takes home 50k per week I don't think Arsene could bring himself to write off a player so quickly. Andre Santos is a horrible Football player, he's nothing more than a panic buy, one that was brought in to paper over the cracks after Arsene "wrecked the team" 2 summers ago.

It's all very well selling players but if you don't have anybody of a decent standard lined up then well..........
That was panic buy summer after us getting thrashed 8-2, we weren't going to buy anyone if not for that, but that result put the pressure on (just like the Bradford result before we got a few wins).

Arteta - Not been that great, but then played out of position so harsh to judge him
Mertersacker - Slow and not great in the air, not convinced with him
Santos - Can't defend, work rate questionnable, really a winger not a full back though
Ox Chamberlain - Young talent who cost a lot, one for the future really
Bennayoun - Bit part player who offered little

Add to that:
Park - Didn't play, waste of money
Gervinho - Don't need to say much about him, the opinion on this board speaks for itself
Jenkinson - Done Ok, could be a decent player

That's a pretty horrendous summer for a manager with "no money" 4 panic buys at least and a list of signings that haven't impressed, all this to replace two top class players.

Dennis Bendtner
28-01-2013, 08:27 PM

He wrote off Squillaci, as I said.

Xhaka Can’t
28-01-2013, 08:32 PM
It's all too easy to write off Santos as shit, lazy, uninterested, fat and an embarrassment to the Club.

fari
28-01-2013, 10:53 PM
It's all too easy to write off Santos as shit, lazy, uninterested, fat and an embarrassment to the Club.

i remember seeing the guy in confederations cup several years ago and i thought who is this guy that dares to play in the spot vacated by the great roberto carlos. he had a decent tournament i won't lie so when i saw we signed him i was like ahhh...

but i don't know what the heck has happened...on saturday he looked terrible, he seemed winded midway through the first half...yes he didn't have the worst of games but i just expect better for a player of his pedigree. dude STARTED for a winning brazil side for god's sake. he must have learned something playing against those guys in training and stuff.

GP
28-01-2013, 10:54 PM
He isn't a bad player at all, he just has a very unprofessional attitude to the game. He was tweeting at 4am before the match ffs.

Özim
28-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Early start for training, dedication that's what I like to see.

selassie
28-01-2013, 11:02 PM

I don't think he's an embarrassment. I just don't rate him and never understood why we bought him. He's a defender and there is no denying he can't defend, he's never been known to be a solid defender either.

For a club that is so prudent, why gamble in the market on players?

Özim
28-01-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't think he's an embarrassment. I just don't rate him and never understood why we bought him. He's a defender and there is no denying he can't defend, he's never been known to be a solid defender either.

What Wenger knows about defending you could write on a stamp, just look at the dogshite he has signed in recent years, the current defence is just awful.

selassie
28-01-2013, 11:09 PM
What Wenger knows about defending you could write on a stamp, just look at the dogshite he has signed in recent years, the current defence is just awful.

Oh I agree. If I were Arsene I would have thrown as much money at the defence as possible, it's clearly an area he's not keen on working with so get in top class players who can organise themselves.

Özim
28-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Oh I agree. If I were Arsene I would have thrown as much money at the defence as possible, it's clearly an area he's not keen on working with so get in top class players who can organise themselves.
When asked about Hummel he just said we're not looking at him and that Dortmund wouldn't sell, if you don't try you don't get.

It seems to me he makes an judgment rather than bidding for a player when other clubs try their luck and sometimes get top players cut price.

Dennis Bendtner
28-01-2013, 11:13 PM

He was a stop-gap signing at perhaps the only time under Wenger that we've been so badly understaffed with so little time to do anything. See also the rest of the guys who came in at the end of the same window. Santos obviously wasn't near the top of the scout recommendation list - like Mertesacker, like Benayoun - with probably the only attribute going in his favour being his tekkers. But tekkers can't cure obesity. There's no doubt they were stuck for options.

Syn
28-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Lucky that Gibbs is starting to look the real deal. Improved defensively and in any case nobody in this league can defend. Attacking wise he's right up there. Building a nice little partnership and as a result Podolski's starting to look better now too.

An injury to Gibbs is never far away though. And when it comes, it's going to be absolutely hilarious because Santos will get abused every game. BOOOOOOOOOOO they'll say.

selassie
28-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Lucky that Gibbs is starting to look the real deal. Improved defensively and in any case nobody in this league can defend. Attacking wise he's right up there. Building a nice little partnership and as a result Podolski's starting to look better now too.

An injury to Gibbs is never far away though. And when it comes, it's going to be absolutely hilarious because Santos will get abused every game. BOOOOOOOOOOO they'll say.

Yeah I really rate Gibbs too. He's really come on this season, starting to look like a very good talent. Once he sorts out his positioning and develops a bit more he'll be a class player.

GP
28-01-2013, 11:29 PM

Do not forget, Vermaelen can also play there.

selassie
28-01-2013, 11:37 PM
He was a stop-gap signing at perhaps the only time under Wenger that we've been so badly understaffed with so little time to do anything. See also the rest of the guys who came in at the end of the same window. Santos obviously wasn't near the top of the scout recommendation list - like Mertesacker, like Benayoun - with probably the only attribute going in his favour being his tekkers. But tekkers can't cure obesity. There's no doubt they were stuck for options.

Yeah, Wenger was responsible for the mess, he spent the summer tearing apart the team and dithering in the market. We should have had all of the departing players replacements lined up way before the old trafford debacle.

GP
30-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I heard he went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-01-2013, 12:40 AM
He must have well eaten a lot?

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2013, 01:47 AM
It was a very small restaurant run by ants.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-01-2013, 02:30 AM
In that case. . .here's to hoping he picked up on them little guys' work ethics. . .the fat fook

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Ants my mate, you muppet! Not fucking insects.

Fist of Lehmann
30-01-2013, 03:15 PM
He isn't a bad player at all, he just has a very unprofessional attitude to the game. He was tweeting at 4am before the match ffs.

Fine him. And there should be fines for allowing yourself to get out of shape as well.

Dos Santos like Arshavin isn't a naturally fit guy, he's a bloater, guys like this need to be playing regularly to stay in condition.

Problem is, the manager tends to play his favourites continually, sometimes into the ground.
The knock-on for Santos is that it becomes a vicious circle:

Doesn't play -> Gets demotivated -> Doesn't train properly -> Unfit when finally called upon -> Plays shit -> Makes himself harder to pick

He can break the cycle by staying motivated, but like you say, it depends on his professionalism and attitude.
And that seems suspect.

Grebbo
30-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I knew he was shit but....dang he's fucking shit.

If Gibbs is out for any length of time we are fucked.

Marc Overmars
30-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Funny thing is, this idiot wasn't doing too badly tonight, kept things simple for a while until then deciding to become a retard for the final 10 mins. I'm sure he's possessed by the spirit of WUMger everytime he takes the field.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I knew he was shit but....dang he's fucking shit.

If Gibbs is out for any length of time we are fucked.

3-4 weeks apparently
As much as I rate gibbs - we need a left back who is super super quality and isn't made of glass.

milla
30-01-2013, 11:26 PM
3-4 weeks apparently
As much as I rate gibbs - we need a left back who is super super quality and isn't made of glass.

Well time to play 3 CBs at the back. :lol:

Joker
30-01-2013, 11:28 PM
That pass at the end almost lost us the match

Marc Overmars
30-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Santos vs Bayern could be horrific.

Hoping Gibbs recovers in time, he's a GHEL so lets be positive.

Marc Overmars
30-01-2013, 11:30 PM
That pass at the end almost lost us the match

Then to fall over while chasing back. What a dud.

Newguy
31-01-2013, 01:41 AM
What killed me about Santos was at the end of the game...the camera caught him looking absolutely knackered at the final whistle...looked like he was having an asthma attack LOL It's not like he played the full 90 and put in the shift of his life, the guy is so out of shape its a disgrace...all the players around him looked fine, he should be ashamed of himself.

I_Killed_Kenny
31-01-2013, 07:55 AM
With gibbs out we are pretty screwed if we have to rely on him. I wud rather play sagan there and play jenks at rb than have santos near the squad. Even the kid meade would be a better bet imo

Dogshite player that santos

fakeyank
31-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Against Liverpool, he was exactly the wrong player at the wrong time at the wrong club. He was so hell bent on 'not making a mistake' that all he did was thwart our move forward.. he wouldnt dare pass it in front if there was even a 5% chance that a pool player would take it. Fair enough, he was trying to build his confidence up but a game against pool is not the right time to do it! He almost got a 5 on 10 from me till he decided to make the suicide pass...
We bought Vermaelen and Sagna because they can play all across the back line, so cant they play there? Or why not play Miguel or Yennaris there? Heck, play Pat rice there and he'd do 10 times the job Santos will do this entire season!

People who complain AW doesnt have money and points that as the reason we are not challenging for any trophies. Stop that BS... Santos, Ramsey, Denilshit, Squillaci, Sylvester, Chakma ever coming close to playing for AFC is reason enough for AW to be hanged!

selassie
31-01-2013, 10:28 AM
This boy has so many flaws in his game it's unbelievable. Can't pass, can't tackle, lacks stamina, what does he offers us?

I'm absolutely livid that he's still at the club and totally perplexed to why he was even purchased in the first place.

He's one of a number of recent dud buys. What does Arsene see in him that everybody else doesn't?!!!

Marc Overmars
31-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Do not forget he is super, super quality.

selassie
31-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Do not forget he is super, super quality.

:lol:

People in England think to fix your problems you should buy, buying is not the way forward, we have internal solutions. I believe in zee quality of this team, zee desire, zee mentality.

They are a little bit nervous, they play a little bit with the handbrake on.

In Santos's case the handbrake is broken. :sulk:

Grebbo
31-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Santos on twitter, look at the replies to his tweet :lol:

Tweets
11h André Santos!!! ‏@Andre_Santos27
Thank you very much to the fans that support me , slowly I'll reach my the ideal form!!! xx

Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS

@onearsenewenger@Andre_Santos27 slowly? You got that right pal

Eustace Giggs ‏@eusy_giggs @Andre_Santos27 When will that be? 2022?

@edforever@Andre_Santos27 never give up Andre!

‏@darryljking@Andre_Santos27 Andre its not your fault, we love you. But you're awful. Please hand in your resignation & join us in the stands for a conga
Expand

Grebbo
31-01-2013, 11:29 AM
What killed me about Santos was at the end of the game...the camera caught him looking absolutely knackered at the final whistle...looked like he was having an asthma attack LOL It's not like he played the full 90 and put in the shift of his life, the guy is so out of shape its a disgrace...all the players around him looked fine, he should be ashamed of himself.

This.

I was actually laughing hysterically about how bad he was. That fuck up with a minute to go had me in stitches.

He is an utter disgrace. Eboue was shit but at least he was in shape - that's the very least you can expect from a pro footballer.

Letters
31-01-2013, 11:36 AM
‏@darryljking@Andre_Santos27 Andre its not your fault, we love you. But you're awful. Please hand in your resignation & join us in the stands for a conga
:haha:

Brilliant.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Worst defender we have ever had and we've had some horror stories. Defence has been a running joke for too long now. Get some proper fucking players in. Or buy a yacht. One or the other.

fakeyank
01-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Wonder who our first choice LB will be.. Hopefully it wont be Mentos against Bayern if Gibbs is still injured. May be we can shift captain headless chicken there!

selassie
01-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Wonder who our first choice LB will be.. Hopefully it wont be Mentos against Bayern if Gibbs is still injured. May be we can shift captain headless chicken there!

Yeah I think Tommy V will play there and Kos will partner Merts assuming they are all fit. We'll get murdered regardless of who plays in Defence.

Cripps_orig
15-06-2013, 10:28 PM
ANDRE SANTOS admits he is gutted at having to return to Arsenal.
The Brazilian full-back was shipped out on loan to Gremio in February.
And Santos, 30, was desperate to seal a permanent switch back home.
But the Gunners flop revealed: “My loan deal is over. It was six months long and now I am returning.
“Gremio had an agreement with Arsenal and I have to return.
“I wanted to stay. Gremio were fair regarding everything.
“I felt well there and I wanted to win a title before leaving.
“Unfortunately there is no deal and I had to return to Arsenal.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4970151/Andre-Santos-disappointed-at-returning-to-Arsenal.html#ixzz2WKJOnRQx

Even our shit players don't want to play for us

Ollie the Optimist
15-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Even our shit players don't want to play for us

Or more likely, he realised he wasn't wanted, that he is now 3rd choice, was enjoying his football in brazil amd didn't want to come back to us as he wouldn't play.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-06-2013, 12:08 AM
how many years has this tanned pikey got left on his contract?

Cripps_orig
16-06-2013, 12:23 AM