PDA

View Full Version : match reaction v brighton

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:04 PM
heat failure galore, but we fucking did it. fifth round. great game, grioud is a sexy frenchman.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Little bit dodgy at times and needed a slice of luck to win it, but overall I don't care too much about cup performances as long as we get through.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Grioud had a great game indeed. :bow:

Kryptonite
26-01-2013, 05:10 PM
18 goals and 11 assists for Theo from 27 games and not all was him starting. He shuld have more assists because like today he should pass to geroud but thats great records!! 15 league games 2 cl and 1 fa games to go maybe more. Maybe can he get 30 goals??

Özil's Panoramic View
26-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Giroud, our best striker by a mile (still doesn't mean he's top, top quality but I will concede and agree that he appears on his way there)..

Santos, can someone shoot him please - not fatally, but at least blow out his knee cap.

Brighton proved to be the decent side I heard them being touted to be and rightly made us work hard for the victory.

On to the 5th round lads.

Arsenal :bow:

Master Splinter
26-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Giroud :bow:.

The defence :doh:.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Humiliating performance apart from a couple of moments from Giroud and Podolski. Brighton must be kicking themselves for not being able to capitalise on the easiest draw in the round. And again, why were we so shit! Because we are arrogant ****s, based on nothing except ongoing failure. Fucking horrible performance and another two fingers stuck up at the fans who travelled. Santos is a mystery that can't possibly have a reasonable explanation. The jury is out on ches too, he's had long enough and he is shit. Our defence, we've already said it all. Worst defenders in the business. Apart from the Brazilian disaster zone, Merts, hopeless. You can't have a player like him at the top level without having messi up front to compensate.

I hate this team. They tease you on the Wednesday and you thing maybe, maybe. Like a fool. Then they kick you in the bollocks on the Saturday and steal our wallet.

Hopefully Kroenke will die soon so something n change at this club.

Joker
26-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Dodgy performance but at least we got the win. Walcott again the man for the big occasion, and his haters say he doesn't score important goals :lol: He's clearly our most productive player these days, which is a testament to how hard he's worked to improve as a player. He misses chances and makes the wrong choice at times, but so does everyone. It's time people started supporting him rather than hoping he fails.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Dodgy performance but at least we got the win. Walcott again the man for the big occasion, and his haters say he doesn't score important goals :lol: He's clearly our most productive player these days, which is a testament to how hard he's worked to improve as a player. He misses chances and makes the wrong choice at times, but so does everyone. It's time people started supporting him rather than hoping he fails.

He's already failed as a footballer. But he's a big hit as a businessman and con artist. But keep ignoring the obvious, keep telling yourself the policy of hyping inferior goods and scratching our heads when nothing is delivered is the way to go. We had the best, although you didn't see that either. Now we have Walcott. If you can't see what's happening here you must be a drug addict.

fakeyank
26-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Giroud is amazing... you give him good service and he is easily at least a 20 goal a season striker!

The difference on the left side once Gibbs came on was night and day... lets sign a petition to have Santos knee cap blown

Özil's Panoramic View
26-01-2013, 05:22 PM
He's already failed as a footballer. But he's a big hit as a businessman and con artist. But keep ignoring the obvious, keep telling yourself the policy of hyping inferior goods and scratching our heads when nothing is delivered is the way to go. We had the best, although you didn't see that either. Now we have Walcott. If you can't see what's happening here you must be a drug addict.

Top post. Nothing more to be said.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Giroud is amazing... you give him good service and he is easily at least a 20 goal a season striker!

The difference on the left side once Gibbs came on was night and day... lets sign a petition to have Santos knee cap blown

Fuck that, he'd be a better player with a blown knee cap. Lets try to sell him to city instead.

Alpha
26-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Giroud not a good striker . We should recall Chamakh or maybe Park , anyone ? Walcott has a very good decision making . He refused to pass to Giroud for a tap-in and went for a goal himself when the keeper has shut completely his angle . Santos is a very confident fullback and should keep Gibbs out .
Santos :clap: Walcott :haha: Our dodgy defense :satan: Giving the ball away . Wenger not buying any player even though he should have done so :dance:

Joker
26-01-2013, 05:26 PM

Over the last 2 seasons he's scored or assisted 50 goals in 72 appearances. This season alone he has 18 goals and 11 assists 28 starts. How can you call him a fraud? He's done amazingly well over the last 2 years. I don't understand the hate for Walcott from some people. He tried to get the best deal possible for himself like every other footballer (and don't act as if someone like Jack didn't also have representatives doing the same thing for him).

In the match thread today, you could see the reserved reactions from some people when Walcott scored and the glee with which they pointed out his mistake when he should have cut the ball back (the very same people who don't point out the mistakes of players like Giroud). What has he done to deserve so much hatred? He's one of our top players and we should support him.

Joker
26-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Top post. Nothing more to be said.

Failed as a footballer at the age of 23? He's an England international, playing for (still) one of the top teams in Europe and in the last 2 seasons has probably been one of the most productive wingers in World Football. If he's a failure, what does that make most wingers in the world?

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Over the last 2 seasons he's scored or assisted 50 goals in 72 appearances. This season alone he has 18 goals and 11 assists 28 starts. How can you call him a fraud? He's done amazingly well over the last 2 years. I don't understand the hate for Walcott from some people. He tried to get the best deal possible for himself like every other footballer (and don't act as if someone like Jack didn't also have representatives doing the same thing for him).

In the match thread today, you could see the reserved reactions from some people when Walcott scored and the glee with which they pointed out his mistake when he should have cut the ball back (the very same people who don't point out the mistakes of players like Giroud). What has he done to deserve so much hatred? He's one of our top players and we should support him.

They do point out the mistakes of Giroud but they also appreciate his heart and his obvious engagement with the game. Walcott is an aloof fuck who thinks he arrived, for whatever reason. The fucker can't even pass a ball. You can thank Cesc Fabregas and jack Wilshere and the other genuine players at this club for hot and cold theo Walcott numbers. But put a proper player in there and you have twice as much again. Like I said he's fast, very fast. When he can be bothered. I watched him in the hammers game give up on a ball that was heading for the touch line. I though about Suarez the week before who had busted a gut to get an impossible pass. Walcott is just a **** who's all about the money. True, our **** so I hope he grabs a few goals. But he doesn't fool me for a minute. He has no heart for this game.

Marc Overmars
I wish people would stop being so precious.

We won the fucking game, who cares how well their favourites played?

fakeyank
Theo is a good player... he is getting more consistent and has just signed a new contract. Mad props to him :good:

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Failed as a footballer at the age of 23? He's an England international, playing for (still) one of the top teams in Europe and in the last 2 seasons has probably been one of the most productive wingers in World Football. If he's a failure, what does that make most wingers in the world?

Just shows how powerful hype an be. Anyway, hopefully this silly theo as a striker issues has been put to bed now that Giroud ha shown himself to be ten times the player. And Giroud is average.

Joker
26-01-2013, 05:42 PM
They do point out the mistakes of Giroud but they also appreciate his heart and his obvious engagement with the game. Walcott is an aloof fuck who thinks he arrived, for whatever reason. The fucker can't even pass a ball. You can thank Cesc Fabregas and jack Wilshere and the other genuine players at this club for hot and cold theo Walcott numbers. But put a proper player in there and you have twice as much again. Like I said he's fast, very fast. When he can be bothered. I watched him in the hammers game give up on a ball that was heading for the touch line. I though about Suarez the week before who had busted a gut to get an impossible pass. Walcott is just a **** who's all about the money. True, our **** so I hope he grabs a few goals. But he doesn't fool me for a minute. He has no heart for this game.

Those are all subjective "feelings", there's no way you can substantiate them. What evidence is there that Theo is aloof or arrogant? In interviews he comes across as a humble chap. On the pitch I haven't seen much evidence that he thinks he's better than everyone else. In the past he was defensively naive yes and didn't track back, but that was due to inexperience rather than laziness. You say he has no heart for the game, and yet he delivers in most big games (Liverpool in the UCL, Tottenham, Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona etc etc).

Some of the criticisms of Giroud have been well OTT, but the Walcott criticisms are even worse IMO, the sort of comments you'd expect from Spurs fans.

milla
I hope Rozza, Diaby and Podolski are all OK, need them to be fit and fresh to face merseyside muppet this Wed. :coffee:

Özim
Good win but let's remember who we were playing though eh.

KSE Comedy Club
26-01-2013, 05:43 PM
poldi yes.

diaby and sicky, not so much.

KSE Comedy Club
26-01-2013, 05:44 PM
are there highlights on tv tonight?

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Good win but let's remember who we were playing though eh.

you can never just enjoy a win can you?

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:45 PM
are there highlights on tv tonight?

itv ususally do a highlights show around half ten or something on fa cup days

Mr. Lahey
26-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Theo is a good player... he is getting more consistent and has just signed a new contract. Mad props to him :good:

agreed, he is playing well these days but this is something that should be expected of a player who has been here for how long now?

overall it was a poor game by us...im happy that we won even though it will be used to strengthen Wenger's position regarding transfers. I dont think our striking options are as bad as people think they are. I think the immediate concern should be our midfield. Diaby cannot be relied upon in the middle, nor can Ramsey, nor can Arteta, Rosicky lol lets not even go there. If anything this is where we need help most along with a decent CB IMO.

Cripps_orig
26-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Would just like to say, thank god for Theo. Produces yet again.

Giroud has had a good couple of games. Hopefully he keeps it going when he comes off the bench as our Plan B in future games.

Özim
26-01-2013, 05:48 PM
you can never just enjoy a win can you?
A 3-2 win against a mickey mouse side? Yeah it's good but hardly top of my list of things to get excited about, we won just as we should do so job done.

Letters
26-01-2013, 05:49 PM
A 3-2 win against a mickey mouse side? Yeah it's good but hardly top of my list of things to get excited about, we won just as we should do so job done.
Then stop following football, you obviously don't enjoy it any more so stop inflicting it on yourself and on us by proxy.

My reaction: hurrah! Looking forward to seeing the highlights later, sounds like a proper cup tie.

Cripps_orig
26-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Dodgy performance but at least we got the win. Walcott again the man for the big occasion, and his haters say he doesn't score important goals :lol: He's clearly our most productive player these days, which is a testament to how hard he's worked to improve as a player. He misses chances and makes the wrong choice at times, but so does everyone. It's time people started supporting him rather than hoping he fails.Pretty much. Can't believe some on here still get on his back despite the utter humiliation he puts them through. Its funny tbh

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Then stop following football, you obviously don't enjoy it any more so stop inflicting it on yourself and on us by proxy.

My reaction: hurrah! Looking forward to seeing the highlights later, sounds like a proper cup tie.

it just shows what a stupid decision it was for itv to show stoke city. end to end football, mistakes, goals, tense finish. great football from both teams. love it. what cup football is all about. (as long as we win :lol: )

Kryptonite
26-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Can't believe some on here still get on his back despite the utter humiliation he puts them through. Its funny tbh

lol pretty much

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Would just like to say, thank god for Theo. Produces yet again.

Giroud has had a good couple of games. Hopefully he keeps it going when he comes off the bench as our Plan B in future games.

is it even his goal given it took a massive deflection?

Özim
26-01-2013, 05:53 PM

I'm not really enjoying us at the moment simply because I know it leads to nowhere, so we win a few games but we all know the outcome, sooner or later we're getting knocked out. It's a shame but alas that's life under Wenger these days.

One day when Wenger is gone, I can look forward to football again.

Nice trip to the seaside for the players though, maybe they can bring back a few sticks of Rock.

Kryptonite
think it was on target so should be!

Özim
it just shows what a stupid decision it was for itv to show stoke city. end to end football, mistakes, goals, tense finish. great football from both teams. love it. what cup football is all about. (as long as we win :lol: )
They showed that game because it's a bigger game, it's common sense.

Cripps_orig
26-01-2013, 05:54 PM

No idea. Haven't seen it. Only know the scorers and the result. Bottom line is Theo got us out of a replay we didn't need whether its his goal or not.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 05:55 PM
They showed that game because it's a bigger game, it's common sense.

is it a bigger game? its not a big game in the league nor is fulham united. the fa cup is about non premiership sides trying to beat premiership sides. thats what it is about, yet they show these games which most people wouldnt watch out of choice if it was on in the league. if you have arsenal man united, or manchester derby etc then yes thats a big game so show it, however the games they picked are big games in any way shape or form.

Cripps_orig
26-01-2013, 05:55 PM
lol pretty much

Our best striker by a mile however I'm sure all gooners will agree that it's good seeing Giroud step up a little.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 05:57 PM
My sole source of information on this game gas been the match thread. Sounded to be a bit of a calamity, hopefully Santos will play no further part in the season.

Great that both main strikers scored.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-01-2013, 06:00 PM
think it was on target so should be!

There isn't a dubious goals panel in operation for the FA Cup anyway, so definitely Theo's goal.

KSE Comedy Club
26-01-2013, 06:00 PM
itv ususally do a highlights show around half ten or something on fa cup days

Ta :good:

Kryptonite
26-01-2013, 06:06 PM
My sole source of information on this game gas been the match thread. Sounded to be a bit of a calamity, hopefully Santos will play no further part in the season.

if you cant wait till motd http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/england/live-video-updates-brighton-v-arsenal/
gerouds goals were great like van persies usual goals especially the first one!. Theos was a fluke bcos it was deflected but it was on target so his goal.
Wasnt a good performance, but ramsay, gibbs, jack, podolski and geroud were decent.

Letters
26-01-2013, 06:09 PM

Santos might be OK as a winger, he's not a left back though.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:13 PM
is it a bigger game? its not a big game in the league nor is fulham united. the fa cup is about non premiership sides trying to beat premiership sides. thats what it is about, yet they show these games which most people wouldnt watch out of choice if it was on in the league. if you have arsenal man united, or manchester derby etc then yes thats a big game so show it, however the games they picked are big games in any way shape or form.
Yes it's a bigger game, two PL sides much more chance of a shock.

Our game was only ever going one way, we just made it hard.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes it's a bigger game, two PL sides much more chance of a shock.

Our game was only ever going one way, we just made it hard.

sorry what? more chance of a shock between stoke city and man city? what shock is that? the shock that they might produce a decent game of football?

Letters
26-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Why is everyone having a go at Santos? Just seen the goals, neither Brighton goal was his fault far as I can see.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:18 PM
sorry what? more chance of a shock between stoke city and man city? what shock is that? the shock that they might produce a decent game of football?
Stoke had a chance of beating City.

That would be a shock, they're Champions of the land.

The only way Brighton would beat us is if we were sh*t like we were against Bradford, we weren't far off by the sounds of it.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Why is everyone having a go at Santos? Just seen the goals, neither Brighton goal was his fault far as I can see.

the goal disallowed was entirely his fault for letting them have the chance through sheer stupidity. the second goal he didnt get there quick enough to close down on of the players. two wasteful 40 yard shots, allowed his man to get behind several times.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Stoke had a chance of beating City.

That would be a shock, they're Champions of the land.

The only way Brighton would beat us is if we were sh*t like we were against Bradford, we weren't far off by the sounds of it.

city have a shit record at teh britania, before today i dont think they had won there for ages. so hardly a shock if stoke won.

Kryptonite
26-01-2013, 06:20 PM

so he cant have had a poor game if he weren't involved in there goals? he maybe could stop the cross for second goal and him and jenkinson made a lot of mistakes through the match. Lucky we wasn't made to pay!

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:21 PM
and by half time you could tell he had no fitness as was compeltely fucked. then it came out that about 4am this morning he was liking pictures on instagram. hardly a professional attidue there

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:23 PM
city have a shit record at teh britania, before today i dont think they had won there for ages. so hardly a shock if stoke won.
Well they're still the Champions and don't lose many games. If Stoke beats Man City it's a shock for sure, just like when we lose to some bottom of the table team, though I admit less so these days.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Well they're still the Champions and don't lose many games. If Stoke beats Man City it's a shock for sure, just like when we lose to some bottom of the table team, though I admit less so these days.

so lets not give a shit about the lower league opposistion taking on the premiership, lets just show more premiership matches, that wont really be a shock if either side win, and are shit matches anyway.

the magic of cup

Master Splinter
26-01-2013, 06:26 PM
on if he needs a new striker…
Quality-wise no, number-wise, we could be a bit short maybe. Gervinho is not here at the moment.

:haha: :haha:

on if he’ll try to sign a new striker…
You do not find them in the street, the strikers that can play for us and strengthen our team.

:haha:

on if he’s confident of signing a midfielder…
I cannot tell you that. In this kind of job it is realism that is important. Realistically I cannot tell you I will sign anyone tomorrow, or Tuesday, as we are not close to doing it.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-did-our-job-but-had-to-fight-to-the-end-

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:32 PM
so lets not give a shit about the lower league opposistion taking on the premiership, lets just show more premiership matches, that wont really be a shock if either side win, and are shit matches anyway.

the magic of cup
You show games that have real potential of a shock or the games with the best teams playing against each other, the pick of the matches from the round, ours just wasn't one of those.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Stoke v Man City was never going to be a tie worth watching. Nothing against City in this instance, but Stoke v (insert name of team) is never worth watching.

The only reason to ever broadcast Stoke live is to fulfill contractual obligations.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I disagree, Stoke have the potential to upset sides with their style, they're a tough side to beat away from home. People may not like they're still but the fact is they stay in the PL every year and upset a few decent sides along the way....no easy feat for such a small club.

KSE Comedy Club
26-01-2013, 06:39 PM
:haha: :haha:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-did-our-job-but-had-to-fight-to-the-end-I wish he would just get Bould to do the interviews.

Im genuinely sick to death of his bullshit.

Grebbo
26-01-2013, 06:41 PM
How did Ox and Rosicky play?

I'm glad our big guns got a rest.

Master Splinter
26-01-2013, 06:45 PM

Ox was quite poor. One decent cross maybe.

Rosicky looked understandably rusty, but played a great ball for Giroud to almost complete his hat-trick.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Rosicky looked understandably rusty, but played a great ball for Giroud to almost complete his hat-trick.
Yeah, he scuffed it.

Maestro
26-01-2013, 06:50 PM
I've read some shite and I've some real shite in my life. I've known some miserable bastards and I've known some miserable ****z ......but this place tops it!

We won for fucks sake, have a spliff be happy! How hard can that be?

There is a clinical illness on here that needs curing, a demon that needs excorcising. You lot need a fuckin' Shaman to sort you out. Les Miserables Bastards

We won, through to next round. Yes we're shit and we know it, roll on next game.

Ollie the Optimist
I disagree, Stoke have the potential to upset sides with their style, they're a tough side to beat away from home. People may not like they're still but the fact is they stay in the PL every year and upset a few decent sides along the way....no easy feat for such a small club.

if they are doing it most games in the season then it cant really be considered an upset can it? therefore shouldnt be shown when you ahve games like luton v norwich, milwall v aston villa etc

Grebbo
Ox needs to start kicking on. I don't know why people think he's any good.

Xhaka Can’t
That is not my point. My point is that they play unwatchable dirge all the time. Make a joke about Arsenal at this point if you want, but any match involving Stoke is almost guaranteed to be unwatchable and full of stoppages. There is simply no joy to be got out of watching them.

Kryptonite
26-01-2013, 06:51 PM
another decent game from ramsey! Pass of the match was him playing in Theo from 50 yds. Something you expect from Fabregas deep position suiting him well. Hope arteta doesnt get back in.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:52 PM
That is not my point. My point is that they play unwatchable dirge all the time. Make a joke about Arsenal at this point if you want, but any match involving Stoke is almost guaranteed to be unwatchable and full of stoppages. There is simply no joy to be got out of watching them.

and there is never a justifiable reason to let british public see that baseball cap wearing **** on our tv screens

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I've read some shite and I've some real shite in my life. I've known some miserable bastards and I've known some miserable ****z ......but this place tops it!

We won for fucks sake, have a spliff be happy! How hard can that be?

There is a clinical illness on here that needs curing, a demon that needs excorcising. You lot need a fuckin' Shaman to sort you out. Les Miserables Bastards

We won, through to next round. Yes we're shit and we know it, roll on next game.

Best and most accurate post on this thread. It also would not be out of place on threads where we have murdered the opposition. Some people here should consider never watching football again.

Maestro
26-01-2013, 06:53 PM

We may be shit, but I for one get real comfort knowing Oatcakes are shitter.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:55 PM
if they are doing it most games in the season then it cant really be considered an upset can it? therefore shouldnt be shown when you ahve games like luton v norwich, milwall v aston villa etc
Noone is going to watch Luton vs Norwich to be honest, people want to see games against the top sides Man U, Man City and Chelsea are top billing, we're not anymore.

Özim
26-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Harsh, I don't think they're that bad to be honest, they play with a lot of commitment.

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Noone is going to watch Luton vs Norwich to be honest, people want to see games against the top sides Man U, Man City and Chelsea are top billing, we're not anymore.

if barely any people bar stoke and city fans watch that game when its on in the league, why woudl they watch it because its the cup? when the fa cup is annoucned, most people love seeing the lower leagues v the premier league. thats what the beauty of the cup is. not watching stoke hoof the ball for 90 minutes and have a couple of late 2 footed challenges in there.

if you compare the viewing figures between newcastle brighton in the last round to stoke city today, im sure you will see a massive drop because no one gives a shit about stoke playing city yet they want to see an upset from the championship.

Özim
26-01-2013, 07:01 PM
if barely any people bar stoke and city fans watch that game when its on in the league, why woudl they watch it because its the cup? when the fa cup is annoucned, most people love seeing the lower leagues v the premier league. thats what the beauty of the cup is. not watching stoke hoof the ball for 90 minutes and have a couple of late 2 footed challenges in there.

if you compare the viewing figures between newcastle brighton in the last round to stoke city today, im sure you will see a massive drop because no one gives a shit about stoke playing city yet they want to see an upset from the championship.
I don't want to watch top teams against lower sides they're going to dismiss easily to be honest, it's no enjoyable. When there's a match on if it doesn't look like it's a decent side with a chance of giving the top side a game I don't watch it.

I want to see the top teams knocked out.

The beauty of the cup is shocks, I never thought Brighton were going to shock us, had we played Stoke I would have thought they could, likewise if we'd played a lower league team on form or at the top of their own league.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Harsh, I don't think they're that bad to be honest, they play with a lot of commitment.

You are in a small minority. It is dirge and I'd hazard a guess that when comes to match attendances, Stoke must be amongst the worst draws in EPL history

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 07:04 PM
You are in a small minority. It is dirge and I'd hazard a guess that when comes to match attendances, Stoke must be amongst the worst draws in EPL history

just looking at the amount of empty seats today, i reckon half the stadium was empty so not even their own fans like it

Özim
26-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That's subjective, they're organised, efficient, hard working and committed all desirable qualities in football and that's why the do so well. Team like Reading that try to play pretty football with sub standard players get thumped regularly and shown up for what they are, not good enough.

Not every club has the players to play expansive football, you play using the method most suitable to achieve relative success at your club.

Özim
26-01-2013, 07:07 PM
just looking at the amount of empty seats today, i reckon half the stadium was empty so not even their own fans like it
I wasn't watching it to be honest, the sun came out and I was washing my car :lol:

Maestro
26-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I want to see the top teams knocked out.

....and they were, and they so were knocked out by the likes of Bradford, Swansea and a Ball Boy/Man in the League Cup.

You can't beat that tbh

Ollie the Optimist
26-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I wasn't watching it to be honest, the sun came out and I was washing my car :lol:

so you are arguing that you would rather watch the big teams in the fa cup like stoke v city then arsenal v brighton because there is more chance of an upset, yet then admit you didnt watch it because you washed your car? so therefore showing it wasnt a big enough game for you, therefore completely destroying your own argument

Özim
26-01-2013, 07:12 PM
....and they were, and they so were knocked out by the likes of Bradford, Swansea and a Ball Boy/Man in the League Cup.

You can't beat that tbh
Swansea have shown they can beat top sides, they're one of the few sides who have good enough technical players to play football and beat better sides (they also have a man who can score goals at a drop of a hat).

Bradford had gained a lot of belief from victory over weakened teams from a higher league in earlier rounds, sometimes this belief helps them go on a run in a cup. I think the fourth round is a bit early for a team to have that, they've only realistically won one game against higher placed opposition.

Özim
26-01-2013, 07:13 PM
so you are arguing that you would rather watch the big teams in the fa cup like stoke v city then arsenal v brighton because there is more chance of an upset, yet then admit you didnt watch it because you washed your car? so therefore showing it wasnt a big enough game for you, therefore completely destroying your own argument
No I'm arguing that Stoke vs Man City is a bigger game than Brighton vs Arsenal.

I didn't watch it as I don't support those clubs and thus if I have something else to do I'll do it.

Maestro
26-01-2013, 07:14 PM

Ollie, I could have sworn Zimm is WUMming you ...he must have a satisfied grin on his face right now

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 07:30 PM
That's subjective, they're organised, efficient, hard working and committed all desirable qualities in football and that's why the do so well. Team like Reading that try to play pretty football with sub standard players get thumped regularly and shown up for what they are, not good enough.

Not every club has the players to play expansive football, you play using the method most suitable to achieve relative success at your club.

And nobody wants to see that dirge.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Fucking crap. They were anonymous.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 07:59 PM

Are you serious or are you WUMming?

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Fucking crap. They were anonymous.

That is the type of one liner that should be in the newspaper ratings. I reckon that works out at a pair of 3s.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 08:02 PM

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 08:04 PM
and by half time you could tell he had no fitness as was compeltely fucked. then it came out that about 4am this morning he was liking pictures on instagram. hardly a professional attidue there

I can't understand how things have got so fucked up in football so we can't sack somebody so obviously negligent as this Santos bloke. He couldn't give a flying fuck what's going on on the pitch. He's out of shape, has an attitude problem a mile wide and plainly doesn't want to be here. Or at least he doesn't want to be on the pitch. In any other profession those would be grounds for sacking. But we have to put up with this guy and who's ever going to buy him having seen him playing? If Wenger hadn't made such classics blunders as Chamakh and Park it would be easy to say this our worst signing ever.

The rest of them bar Podolski, Giroud and the subs should be fined two weeks wages for today's performance, the waster bastards.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 08:12 PM

GP
26-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Calling him shit would be an insult to shit.

I'd rather watch Stoke play than him.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I'd rather watch Stoke play with him in the team.

GP
26-01-2013, 09:32 PM
That would be acceptable.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd rather watch Stoke play with him in the team.

You;re assuming there would be two clubs in the world dumb enough to buy the useless bastard.

Letters
26-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think he's pond scum. Just generally people on here focus on the goals we concede and from the little I saw of today's game (basically just the goals) he wasn't particularly at fault for either. He's no good as a left back, just wondering what in particular he did (or didn't do) today.

Grebbo
26-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Merts is proper gash. We need a beast of a CB and that lanky German isn't it. Terrible second goal. We conceded from a corner and a cross, we basically cannot defend crosses even with a 6ft4 CB! Ridiculous

Marc Overmars
26-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Great goals from Bif Sexy. We don't score enough combers tbh.

Bit of luck at the end but it's about time we pubbed one in. Arsenal GHELs. :bow:

GP
26-01-2013, 11:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBjYO-wCEAE8yvg.jpg:large

Marc Overmars
26-01-2013, 11:51 PM
That was a nice touch.

Jealous of those fans who got to touch the sexy bastard. :(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-01-2013, 11:52 PM
:lol: match threads.

what a mess.

GP
26-01-2013, 11:53 PM
That was a nice touch.

I'd like to touch him.

We'll tell you where after a message from our sponsors.

Newguy
27-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Didn't see Girouds first goal until tonight....that was an excellent finish tbf.

Cripps_orig
27-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Definitely Theo's goal.

Girouds first was awesome and his control for the 2nd was great

Cripps_orig
27-01-2013, 01:32 AM
on the game…
Brighton are a good team. They made it very difficult for us. We had a little bit of a slow start. They were sharper than us in the first half. In the second half, we were much more in the game and created chances. They [Brighton] play a game that is a very positive, technical game and they had a great spirit today. On their right flank, they gave us many problems. In the end, we’ve got that extra bit of quality that got us through. It’s a cup game - you need to go through and that’s what we did. We did our job but we needed to fight until the end.

on the team’s character…
We needed to score a third goal but they twice came back and you have to give them credit for that. They play great football and played a great game today. You could see why they knocked Newcastle out.

on Giroud…
It’s good for his confidence [that he scored twice]. He’s scored four goals this week and he had a few more chances today. He gets there. He has a presence in the box, he’s dangerous and his physical presence was very important today.

on if he needs a new striker…
Quality-wise no, number-wise, we could be a bit short maybe. Gervinho is not here at the moment. We have Walcott, who can play through the middle and then of course Giroud.

on if he’ll try to sign a new striker…
You do not find them in the street, the strikers that can play for us and strengthen our team. It’s difficult in January.

on if he’s made an offer or enquiry for Stevan Jovetic…
No.

on how concerned he was at having rotated his team with half an hour to go…
Yes because that’s a gamble you take. You know it can backfire. I left a few out, for example Cazorla, but it was for medical reasons. He couldn’t play and it was very risky to play him. Jack [was left on the bench] a little bit to protect his ankle.

on if rotating was a game…
Yes, it was. But with the number of games we play, you cannot only play the same 11 in every single game. We play against Liverpool on Wednesday, Stoke on Saturday and then the players go away for international games. You have to rotate knowing that if it doesn’t work, you will be accused of having made the wrong decision.

on if he’s confident of signing a midfielder…
I cannot tell you that. In this kind of job it is realism that is important. Realistically I cannot tell you I will sign anyone tomorrow, or Tuesday, as we are not close to doing it.

Jovetic would be awesome.

Ollie the Optimist
27-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Jovetic would be awesome.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBjugkkCUAAE-3M.jpg

this was apparenlty wenger's smile when he said no about signing jovetic.

its a done deal then :dance:

Cripps_orig
27-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Wenger smokescreens :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2013, 02:09 AM
That was a nice touch.

Especially the guy with the Sagna wig licking his boots.

Letters
27-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Bif
That is my favourite Tom Hanks film tbf

Alpha
27-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Having watching Brentford vs Chelsea ( 2-2) , Chelsea with all his big guns and Leeds vs Tottenham (2-1) ( Tottenham out ) , I came to realize that our result Yesterday was not too bad . Those small teams are not walk-over .

Cripps_orig
28-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Arsenal's FA Cup win over Brighton was overshadowed by a fight among Gunners supporters after a fan unfurled a banner calling for Wenger to leave the club.
Full story: Daily Mail

The fans defending Wenger :doh:

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2013, 12:41 AM
The fans defending Wenger :doh:

Had nothing to do with Wenger, they just don't like you.