PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Liverpool.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-01-2013, 09:46 PM
A point fair.

:ninja:

KSE Comedy Club
30-01-2013, 09:47 PM
We let ourselves down with fucking shit defending again.

When is wenger going to fucking wake up!

Joker
30-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Good 2nd half performance but frustrating that we seem to only play well for 45 minutes recently. Given the terrible start and the fact we had Santos playing for the 2nd half it's a decent point. However, the defending abysmal and if we keep giving teams leads we're going to suffer.

bilko22
30-01-2013, 09:50 PM
missing midfield defensively
no subs/freshen up in the second half by wenger was odd

Özim
30-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Draw was fair result, defence was shocking, Mertersacker is dogshite...awful signing.

More dropped points, it's been a horrible season.

selassie
30-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Defensively for me that was an all time low, honestly it's like watching little children running around the park chasing shadows. We have 2 problems with the defence, the main problem is the personnel, ask yourself this, who out of our defence would get into any of our 'supposed' rivals first XI's? which first XI would our keeper get in? Most of our defence wouldn't make Spurs or Everton's team, let alone any of the top 3.

The whole team sucked first half, it was absolutely awful, why do we only play well in the 2nd half?

It frustrates the hell out of me watching this team self destruct every single week.

Yes we did well to come back from 2 down and you could argue we should have taken 3 points but we should never ever have gotten ourselves into that horrible mess in the first place.

Joker
30-01-2013, 09:53 PM
If we defend like that against Bayern they'll murder us.

Özil's Panoramic View
30-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Shocking defensively and woefully wasteful in attacking final 3rd.

Fair point as it could have swung either way based on the foregoing.

Newguy
Once again the defending is abysmal...we need better cb's.

Mertz is too fucking slow for this league. The guy is moving in slow motion at times. Verm

thinks he's fucking Rambo, needs to compose himself.

Ramsey is a disaster, i don't know if he feels he's good enough for this level but i ho pe Wenger has not adopted this kid as his new project...

Good goals from Theo and Giroud, they both should have scored more.

selassie

I've written off that game already, they'll beat us comfortably home and away IMHO.

fakeyank
30-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Bayern munich will score 15 goals each leg with the defense we have in place :lol:

Master Splinter
Enough chances to win five games.

Enough mistakes to get relegated.

Nearly every Liverpool chance came directly from one of our players doing something incredibly stupid and amateurish. Just criminal really.

Giroud played well again, but he has to score that chance at the end. Or one of the headers, considering he's the French Holt.

Podolski, Giroud, Wilshere were excellent. Cazorla, Walcott, Ramsey not so good, but came alive when we were on top.

Arsenal :doh:.

Özil's Panoramic View

Foregone conclusion that we'll be murdered then.

Joker
30-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I've written off that game already, they'll beat us comfortably home and away IMHO.

True, can't see how we're going to get through against them. The best we can do is keep the score down.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm annoyed we didn't target Santos at all in the second half. Sterling would have been perfect for that, alas this was the one game he doesn't get brought on!

We defended far too deep and invited you on, and you duly suckerpunched us with two quick goals.

Your defence was shocking but we couldn't take enough of an advantage. It was actually a surprise we went 2 up which says a lot.

Joker
30-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Nearly every Liverpool chance came directly from one of our players doing something incredibly stupid and amateurish. Just criminal really.

Giroud played well again, but he has to score that chance at the end. Or one of the headers, considering he's the French Holt.

Podolski, Giroud, Wilshere were excellent. Cazorla, Walcott, Ramsey not so good, but came alive when we were on top.

Arsenal :doh:.

The fact we keep making mistakes indicates that our defenders aren't very good, despite the promising early season defending.

Özim
30-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Once again the defending is abysmal...we need better cb's.

Mertz is too fucking slow for this league. The guy is moving in slow motion at times. Verm

thinks he's fucking Rambo, needs to compose himself.

Ramsey is a disaster, i don't know if he feels he's good enough for this level but i ho pe Wenger has not adopted this kid as his new project...

Good goals from Theo and Giroud, they both should have scored more.
Mertersacker has always been as slow as a barge, that's why I never wanted us to sign him, he was a panic buy of course.

Power n Glory
30-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Why isn't Wenger embarrassed by the display of this team? It took 2-0 goals down for us to step our game up!

Awful defending and we really need to get some new blood in this squad. We should have scored more but we shouldn't have been two goals down. A lazy performance from Merts and Verms was his usual shitty self. The armband needs to be stripped from him. He's no leader.

Gooner23
30-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Turns out Ramsey isn't our defensive midfield saviour. I like the kid, trys hard, but ultimately just not good enough.

Awful, awful defensive performance. Just shocking. And no chance of this being rectified under Wenger unfortunately.

Power n Glory
30-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Turns out Ramsey isn't our defensive midfield saviour. I like the kid, trys hard, but ultimately just not good enough.

Awful, awful defensive performance. Just shocking. And no chance of this being rectified under Wenger unfortunately.

He was shit! Couldn't even pass the ball to a red shirt by the end of the game. When under pressure he panics.

Gooner23
30-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm annoyed we didn't target Santos at all in the second half. Sterling would have been perfect for that, alas this was the one game he doesn't get brought on!

We defended far too deep and invited you on, and you duly suckerpunched us with two quick goals.

Your defence was shocking but we couldn't take enough of an advantage. It was actually a surprise we went 2 up which says a lot.

Fortunately for us, you had Sturridge up front and Suarez in a deeper left wing role. Other way round and we'd have been in real trouble.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Wow - Ramsey put in a very decent shift tonight - not his fault he gets to play with Santos!
He absolutely allowed wilshere to take hold of the midfield. Some people on here are so blinded. Give credit where it's due and Ramsey is doing better with each game.

Xhaka Can’t
30-01-2013, 10:06 PM
We should have won and probably would have if we turned up for the first half.

Marc Overmars
The game panned out pretty much how I expected it to. An absolute disgrace at the back, I'm sure some of the former defenders we've had are wincing at the shit this lot serve up every game. As usual we rallied in the 2nd half and got a deserved point, but again, the chance of winning the game was made so much harder by shooting ourselves in the foot as usual.

Nice of Santos to almost lose it for us at the end, he's the gift that just keeps on giving. Merts has suddenly forgotten how to read the game which is very worrying seeing as that's his main strength.

The midfield were average, Wilshere deserves so much better, the only fucking player willing to be direct. Cazorla is neat and tidy but hardly seems to find a killer ball. Ramsey was his usual self, having zero impact on the game, what does Rosicky have to do to get a run?

Podolski, Giroud and Theo were the brighter players, it's just a shame they don't have a defence behind them to ensure their work and goals are rewarded.

On the bright side, there is no one out there good enough to improve this team apparently, so we must be on to a winner.

Shaqiri Is Boss
Fortunately for us, you had Sturridge up front and Suarez in a deeper left wing role. Other way round and we'd have been in real trouble.

I was quite annoyed at that as well. Get Enrique on for Wisdom (who I felt you pressurised quite well and always looked backward), get Johnson back to right back and keep Suarez and Sturridge (and later maybe Sterling) closer together and we would have had a proper outball, rather than Vermertesaker bringing it down and laying it forward for you to come again.

Fortunately you seemed to run out of steam with 10/15 left and we could commit more forward. Unfortunately for us, by that time everyone was knackered.

Master Splinter
30-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Gibbs out for three weeks. :rose:

Kano
30-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Verms was his usual shitty self. The armband needs to be stripped from him. He's no leader.
he's no defender. at least benitez had the sense to realise the same with luiz and do something with it. kos makes mistakes but i would take him over our captain every time.

slammed giroud for that miss near the end but the replay shows a touch by the defender took the ball too close to his body, so he missed.

i quite liked that game - i've know we're not making fourth so the pressure is off tbf.

Power n Glory
30-01-2013, 10:12 PM
The game panned out pretty much how I expected it to. An absolute disgrace at the back, I'm sure some of the former defenders we've had are wincing at the shit this lot serve up every game. As usual we rallied in the 2nd half and got a deserved point, but again, the chance of winning the game was made so much harder by shooting ourselves in the foot as usual.

Nice of Santos to almost lose it for us at the end, he's the gift that just keeps on giving. Merts has suddenly forgotten how to read the game which is very worrying seeing as that's his main strength.

The midfield were average, Wilshere deserves so much better, the only fucking player willing to be direct. Cazorla is neat and tidy but hardly seems to find a killer ball. Ramsey was his usual self, having zero impact on the game, what does Rosicky have to do to get a run?

Podolski, Giroud and Theo were the brighter players, it's just a shame they don't have a defence behind them to ensure their work and goals are rewarded.

On the bright side, there is no one out there good enough to improve this team apparently, so we must be on to a winner.

I thought Cazorla and Wilshere were off as well. For large parts of the game they left that jittery Welsh kid on his own in a panic. The midfield trio play too far apart from each other. I saw occasions where Ramsey had the ball with a row of Liverpool players in front while Wilshere and Cazorla were pushed too far forward and not even looking to drop back and play a quick one two to keep the ball moving. Ramsey is shit but we'd have the same problem without him when it comes to moving the ball forward.

fakeyank
30-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Why isnt Diaby starting instead of Ramsey? Or is he injured again? :lol:

Kano
30-01-2013, 10:18 PM
he might be but either way he's played a lot recently and it makes sense to give him a game or two off - especially before france pick him and fuck him over again

Marc Overmars
30-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I wasn't sure about Diame but I think we need to get that **** in tomorrow. The defence need a bit of protection in midfield, they're getting slaughtered by any half decent team we face. I lost count of the amount of times Liverpool picked up the ball unopposed in the centre circle.

God knows what Bayern will do to us at this rate.

BlindFaith_8
30-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I was listening on the wireless and just before half time, talkshite's commentators were reporting a scuffle between gooner fans, did anyone hear or see what happened? What's happening to the gooners when we cant even sit and watch a game together. I came to blows with a fellow goon back at Highbury in the north stand, we scored a late winner and the crwod behind me surged upwards and fowards pushing me with my cup of tea to a couple of wankers in front of me, my tea had spitl on their shit Nokia crappy phone, so I apologised but they had the cheek to say they wanted 50 squid and not my apology for the damage to the phone. Of course being a middle eastern alpha male hot blooded with a quick temper, I told them both go and fcuk themeslves and wacked the mouthy one in the face, before I could smack him again, his mate was calling stewardas and I was kicked out and banned. Still managed to get in the games as I knew a few of the stewards from work.

Kano
30-01-2013, 10:22 PM
that definitely never happened.

BlindFaith_8
30-01-2013, 10:25 PM
It seemed like there was a punch up, I am sure SSN or BBC will have further reports within the next 24 hours.

Master Splinter
30-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Asked about the transfer window, Wenger added: "We will look until the last minute but at the moment nothing."

"We are looking, yes."

:haha:

GP
30-01-2013, 10:28 PM
that definitely never happened.

:lol:

BlindFaith_8
30-01-2013, 10:29 PM
It takes an embarssing defeat like 8-2 for Wenger to react, he is deluded and seriously believes he doesn't need any new blood. But then again we did finish quite remarkably 3rd and we are on a few points behind the spuds so in a weird way I can see the logic.

Gooner23
30-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Wow - Ramsey put in a very decent shift tonight - not his fault he gets to play with Santos!
He absolutely allowed wilshere to take hold of the midfield. Some people on here are so blinded. Give credit where it's due and Ramsey is doing better with each game.

I'm not faulting his work rate, but positionally he's a disaster. Combined with the fact he can't tackle and gives the ball away cheaply, pretty much has none of the ingredients needed to play this role. The defence were continuously exposed tonight which made the shambolic performance even worse.

Arteta is no worldie, but far better than Rambo in holding mid.

Xhaka Can’t
30-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I was listening on the wireless and just before half time, talkshite's commentators were reporting a scuffle between gooner fans, did anyone hear or see what happened? What's happening to the gooners when we cant even sit and watch a game together. I came to blows with a fellow goon back at Highbury in the north stand, we scored a late winner and the crwod behind me surged upwards and fowards pushing me with my cup of tea to a couple of wankers in front of me, my tea had spitl on their shit Nokia crappy phone, so I apologised but they had the cheek to say they wanted 50 squid and not my apology for the damage to the phone. Of course being a middle eastern alpha male hot blooded with a quick temper, I told them both go and fcuk themeslves and wacked the mouthy one in the face, before I could smack him again, his mate was calling stewardas and I was kicked out and banned. Still managed to get in the games as I knew a few of the stewards from work.

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2008/11/20/128716758098176122.jpg

milla
30-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Why isnt Diaby starting instead of Ramsey? Or is he injured again? :lol:

He was on the bench with Rosicky. :coffee:

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm not faulting his work rate, but positionally he's a disaster. Combined with the fact he can't tackle and gives the ball away cheaply, pretty much has none of the ingredients needed to play this role. The defence were continuously exposed tonight which made the shambolic performance even worse.

Arteta is no worldie, but far better than Rambo in holding mid.

Agree with Arteta being better, but his positioning was pretty good today. Didn't stop running. Closing space and tracked back.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-01-2013, 10:38 PM
time for chesney to go

he's regressing and any player who has regressed under wenger has never recovered. its a shame because he showed so much promise but a combination of being all talk and little substance, alongside a big pair of bollocks dangling between his scrawny legs, means he is now a liability.

he'll just cost us points, further stress and humiliation. for someone who admittedly understands the fragility of the arsenal defence - i saw him today speak about how the defence is rattled with uncertainty - then to go and do some of the stupid things he does is just pure stupidity. the last thing this defence needs is someone behind them that makes them feel even more nervous, shaky and uncertain, but this mong decides to play with fire.

the lack of DM is killing us. completely overpowered through the middle. i hate to do an ach but i told you so. people said they were happy to 'give coquelin a go', well it hasnt worked. you need a beast in the middle to reassure the defence and protect them. we are so open because we are so lightweight. teams just overpower us, get a couple of goals then the best we can do is get a draw.

and as for santos, well dont even get me started. santos vs robben? :haha:

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 10:38 PM
DId anyone understand Wenger post match - great interviewer!!! 'YOu have a defence that has no confidence and a keeper with too much confidence, what do you do about that?'
Wenger: mumble mumble mumble

Grebbo
30-01-2013, 10:45 PM
If we had some half decent centre backs we'd have a decent team. Vermaelen for their first goal was a joke. Our entire defence is a joke.

Gooner23
30-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I was going to ask what did he say? I can't bear to listen to his interviews anymore.

I'm assuming he trotted out the spirit and quality line?

Marc Overmars
30-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I was going to ask what did he say? I can't bear to listen to his interviews anymore.

Same crap about needing to believe in our quality. How can you believe in something that isn't there?

Kano
30-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Same crap about needing to believe in our quality. How can you believe in something that isn't there?
never troubled those catholics.

Syn
30-01-2013, 10:54 PM

Ask Letters.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 10:55 PM

He did indeed. The interviewer was brilliant today....worded the questions in such a way as not to piss arsene off and just get sarcasm, and when asked about the defence and their mistakes - I swear Arsene tried to stop giggling and put his hand over his mouth to help.
Then he came out with a classic that I haven't heard before - you have to try 'NOT to think too much about the consequence of your mistake' WTF? No wonder we are a shambles with that attitude...am sure Fergie employs the same philosophy :ilt:
Interviewer: Why are you always so bad at the start of games and so bad defensively?
Arsene: We are fragile because of what has happened here in the past games. OMG
Seriously someone find that interview and post it - I have to hear again to believe it.

milla
30-01-2013, 10:59 PM
DId anyone understand Wenger post match - great interviewer!!! 'YOu have a defence that has no confidence and a keeper with too much confidence, what do you do about that?'
Wenger: mumble mumble mumble

Wenger must choose which CBs should start and change our system accordingly. You can't start Mert and force him to play high line, it is madness.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Wenger must choose which CBs should start and change our system accordingly. You can't start Mert and force him to play high line, it is madness.

Well it would be nice if we had a choice of CBs. Verm and Kos are virtually same player and don't really work in our favor together. So Mert is the only other option.
How we haven't brought in a CB is just madness. Now a LB is a must too.

Syn
30-01-2013, 11:08 PM

It wasn't the high line that did Mertesacker. Just the fact that he's clumsy, weak and slow. Fuck knows how he let Henderson shrug past him. Also that suicide pass in the first half that nearly ended up in the net - just the kind of thing you expect from a German with 85 caps.

Sagna, who used to be a physical beast, has turned really weak, slow and careless. Don't know what you do with that. Desperately need buy a LB, RB, CB, CM and a new manager.

The brits did well as usual - or, at least, they did their jobs to win us the game. We created the chances and would've won the game for sure if not for Vermaelen, Sagna and Mertesacker making schoolboy errors.

milla
30-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Well it would be nice if we had a choice of CBs. Verm and Kos are virtually same player and don't really work in our favor together. So Mert is the only other option.
How we haven't brought in a CB is just madness. Now a LB is a must too.

It will work, just need then to learn how to play next to each other. Verm attack the ball, Kos play as the last man (better marker, better tackler). Or play deeper with Mert, he will a beast in this setup. :coffee:

Letters
30-01-2013, 11:16 PM

:lol: Pretty much.

Arsenal are so random. At times we look so good going forward, at other times we move the ball so ridiculously slowly that it's easy to defend against. At times we're dealing well with crosses and blocking the ball well, at other times we're just passing it to the opposition and inviting pressure.

There's the makings of a decent side there but we have to sort out the stupid mistakes at the back. I like Chesney but what the f*** is he doing trying a Cryff (sp) turn and almost gifting them a tap in? What are we doing passing it to their attacker when under no pressure? It's just stupid and undoes a lot of good work. After working well to equalise we had a load of chances to win it and gave them a load of chances to lose it. Draw was a fair result overall.

milla
30-01-2013, 11:17 PM
It wasn't the high line that did Mertesacker. Just the fact that he's clumsy, weak and slow. Fuck knows how he let Henderson shrug past him. Also that suicide pass in the first half that nearly ended up in the net - just the kind of thing you expect from a German with 85 caps.

Sagna, who used to be a physical beast, has turned really weak, slow and careless. Don't know what you do with that. Desperately need buy a LB, RB, CB, CM and a new manager.

The brits did well as usual - or, at least, they did their jobs to win us the game. We created the chances and would've won the game for sure if not for Vermaelen, Sagna and Mertesacker making schoolboy errors.

That I agreed but it is down to our coaching not players. Merts has always been like that, doesnt make him bad tackler though.

topgun
30-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Wengers excuse for the defence tonight was nerves,the word he should have used was incompetent bit like the guy who gets paid 7 million a year. to sort it out.:oldboy:

Özim
31-01-2013, 12:46 AM
The defence and defenders are sh*t IMO.

- Mertersacker slow and ponderous, never been particularly good and we're seeing it now.
- Vermaelen, he's got no positional sense and wants to go forward all the time.
- Koscielny, a calamity, a goal (for the opposition) a game man.
- Gibbs, a crock, will never stay fit for more than a handful of games
- Santos a winger who can't defend for his life.
- Sagna, a player who's realised what a sh*t club he's at and wants to move on to better things.

- Wenger, know nothing about defence and makes up new excuses for the poor defending every week, today's was another classic

Get rid of them and start again, has there ever been a worse group of defenders at top club?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Wengers excuse for the defence tonight was nerves,the word he should have used was incompetent bit like the guy who gets paid 7 million a year. to sort it out.:oldboy:

:lol: nerves.

he's running out of excuses. next he'll be making words up.

Globalgunner
31-01-2013, 01:11 AM
A Crap manager who used to be a crap defender, recruits crap defenders and coaches them crappily, I think I see a trend here. Wenger has been winging it with Arsenal for the last 16 years. In the past he always had at least 1 WC player to bail his badly assembled coterie of clumsy oafs out each season. This is the first season he has no such world class player. I fear for us come May.

hobson's choice
31-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Watching highlights(was at work during the game), basically we are average, and so are Liverpool. Only difference is, their management know, they are average.

Newguy
31-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Not sure if it was just me, but towards the end of the game (specifically the last 5 mins or so) it seemed as if the defence had a breakdown...Maybe my rage had taken over:d but I'm sure the lot of em were resigned to giving up, i honestly thought Liverpool would grab a late win.

Defensively I dont understand how we can be so bad. What the fuck has Bould got to say for himself??

fakeyank
31-01-2013, 04:01 AM
After the countless windows where we dont spend (net spend) any money, we should at least have 50 million quid. Take that money and buy Stokes backline... If buying Shawcross brings bad memories for Ramsey, shoot Ramsey and tell him to join his friend Santos in the 'dressed up as a football player for Halloween' group.

I do not trust Wenger to do a thing right with regards to the defense... not that he is covering himself in glory in any other department, but defense is as open as a nasty whores legs at a truck stop. C*NT!

Oh btw, Podolski, Giroud, Wally :cloud9:

Cripps_orig
31-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Mert was unusually poor. Hope it's just a one off. Theo is a little bit awesome. Giroud continues on his scoring streak which is a plus. Draw is fair but considering they were outplayed by Oldham, it's a little embarrassing.

Letters
31-01-2013, 11:13 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21271093

'Fantastic' :lol:

Not the word I'd have used.

Letters
31-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Draw is fair but considering they were outplayed by Oldham, it's a little embarrassing.
'they'?

Only 4 of the starting 11 last night started against Oldham.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Fantastic?

I guess with the current Arsenal you either get with the program and immerse yourself fully in the fantasy, or else you fuck football and go and watch tennis.

Just a quick note about last night's performance. It was total shit. Most of the players were total shit. Those are the games we need to be winning to stand any chance of a top 4 spot and it's shit to even have that as the objective for a club that has banked a rumoured £197mill in player sales and fan fleecing operations since the start of this steady decline.

Last day of the transfer window and we won't be signing anyone to replace these wasters: Chesney, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos (FFS), Ramsey, Diaby, Koscielny, Walcott, and the rest. None of these bastards should be anywhere near Arsenal football club.

Özil's Panoramic View
31-01-2013, 12:28 PM
^^slightly harsh on Wally there. Not my favourite player either, but at least he's doing what is expected of him.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 12:31 PM
^^slightly harsh on Wally there. Not my favourite player either, but at least he's doing what is expected of him.

He was total shit last night and then masked it with a great finish. He knows how to grab a headline for the minimal investment, I'll give him that. Kid can't pass, can't cross, has no clue where he is on the pitch. But he's fast and he can finish brilliantly 1 in 10 and that's his whole game. Is it enough for a "top,top,top" club like Arsenal?

Yeah, we're pretty shit. He can stay.

Özil's Panoramic View
31-01-2013, 12:40 PM
He was total shit last night and then masked it with a great finish. He knows how to grab a headline for the minimal investment, I'll give him that. Kid can't pass, can't cross, has no clue where he is on the pitch. But he's fast and he can finish brilliantly 1 in 10 and that's his whole game. Is it enough for a "top,top,top" club like Arsenal?

Yeah, we're pretty shit. He can stay.

Not disagreeing with you for a moment, just think he does have some worth unlike the others you rightly called for the shit they are.

I could see Theo as a 'fantastic' sub in any of our great teams of the glory days, coming on to the despair of defenders and scoring a few decent goals.

Kryptonite
31-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Mert was unusually poor. Hope it's just a one off. Theo is a little bit awesome. Giroud continues on his scoring streak which is a plus. Draw is fair but considering they were outplayed by Oldham, it's a little embarrassing.

merts a great defender but if you play him with rubbish defenders like Vermaelen and kos what can you expect?? theos on 18 gls now. If he gets 30 gls for a season are ppl still going to be saying hes rubbish!

Marc Overmars
31-01-2013, 01:01 PM
The front line is the least of our worries at the moment. Poldi, Bif Sexy and Feo are all pulling their weight.

Agendas. :rolleyes:

GP
31-01-2013, 01:05 PM
The front line is the least of our worries at the moment. Poldi, Bif Sexy and Feo are all pulling their weight.

People with multiple accounts :lol:

It's been done :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Like I said, Walcott has just enough to distract from the typical 80 minutes of garbage he puts in. He's also responsible for putting pressure on our dodgy defence by constantly turning attack into panicked rearguard action. Game's on Football First right now. Anyone who is confused about Walcott should watch it.

Özim
31-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Wenger seems pretty pleased as well proud of the performance and players, he calls goals we concede "recent accidents".

We're not defending badly at all, it's all accidental, we're just unlucky :coffee:

He mentions the recent history being a problem, our defence has been sh*t for years, was he an Ostrich in a former life or something?

Alpha
31-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Whilst I agree with what you are saying .It is also fair to state that Walcott refusal to pass the ball to Giroud , most of times , costs us victories . He did it against Brighton and Yesterday Against Liverpool . Giroud was a few yards in front of goal and unmarked , Walcott was put through with Reina closing his tight angle , the muppet preferred to shoot even though he knew he couldn't score from that position . Giroud could have buried it and won the game for us . I like Theo pace and finishing but his judgment is comical and frustrating for the fans .

Özil's Panoramic View
31-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Whilst I agree with what you are saying .It is also fair to state that Walcott refusal to pass the ball to Giroud , most of times , costs us victories . He did it against Brighton and Yesterday Against Liverpool . Giroud was a few yards in front of goal and unmarked , Walcott was put through with Reina closing his tight angle , the muppet preferred to shoot even though he knew he couldn't score from that position . Giroud could have buried it and won the game for us . I like Theo pace and finishing but his judgment is comical and frustrating for the fans .

Missed his true calling tbh. This has caused Great Britain to miss out on a couple of silver medals at the Olympics and World Championship sprint events.

Ollie the Optimist
31-01-2013, 01:47 PM

You summed up theo perfectly there

Kano
31-01-2013, 01:53 PM
yep, we lose and draw most games because of a couple of passes. please get a grip of yourselves people. yet he is our leading assister as well as scorer. fuck me.

Power n Glory
31-01-2013, 01:58 PM
yep, we lose and draw most games because of a couple of passes. please get a grip of yourselves people. yet he is our leading assister as well as scorer. fuck me.

It's getting silly now. We have bigger problems. The defence and midfield just aren't working together as a unit. There is no cohesion or communication.

selassie
31-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Theo is the least of our problems. You take him away from the team and we'd be halfway down the table.

What has ultimately cost us victories is calamity defending. I've come to the conclusion that Arsene must actively refuse to coach the defence, we've been seeing the same mistakes for around 5 years now, it really has gone beyond a joke.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2013, 02:20 PM

Pretty much.

People need to stop crying about the contract situation and move on.

Alpha
31-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Theo is the least of our problems. You take him away from the team and we'd be halfway down the table.

What has ultimately cost us victories is calamity defending. I've come to the conclusion that Arsene must actively refuse to coach the defence, we've been seeing the same mistakes for around 5 years now, it really has gone beyond a joke.
It is true our defending and not our defense is a liability . I believe the lack of of proper defensive midfielder is exposing our defense . We make mistakes at the back like any other team but Wenger likes part-timer defensive midfielders who can not do the job . Before it was Arteta who struggled there and now it is Ramsey .
Regardless of how many goals we concede , if we can score just one more than the other team we will win the game . That is where Theo is guilty for refusing to give us that chance .

Kano
31-01-2013, 02:30 PM
our see-through keeper, clown captain, lazy right back, fat retard left back replacement, bug fuck face german, fake cesc, sometish cesc, broken vieira, plastic rambo have little to do with us losing games.

if feo had taken less money on his contract then they'd all be better players and we'd play a full 90 minutes of football.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 02:37 PM
The problem with the contract was not the money in isolation, it is the money for such a limited player. Typical Arsenal settling for second best. Plus we can't build anything long term with him in the team because he's just here to shop window himself as can be seen in the selfish play that has been mentioned. We have a shit defence and rely on the front men and Jack to dig us out of holes of our own making. So we need quality up top. Giroud is barely good enough but he plays for the team. Walcott plays for himself. So much breaks down around him. Which in turn puts pressure on a defence that collapses at the slightest hint of pressure. Same with Diaby. Shit player. And they are big problems because there's only so much shit that any team can carry.

Kano
31-01-2013, 02:42 PM
who isn't here for a shop window? this is all about the contract and his money and it just looks and sounds pretty pathetic that there appears to be a section of fans on the back of a player producing an actual end product. how many others are doing that most weeks? i'd be scared to see where we would be without him right now because there would be no actual useful replacement, we should know that much. the front men are doing the job needed, including theo and his assists show his key part in the team. it's a selfish rotten game at the moment but as long as those selfish rotten sons of bitches actually do something worthwhile, then great, thanks a lot. those fuckers that wear an armband for fun, break down every other game or can't be fucked to run back into position deserve a proper booting before anyone else.

Power n Glory
31-01-2013, 02:43 PM
The problem with the contract was not the money in isolation, it is the money for such a limited player. Typical Arsenal settling for second best. Plus we can't build anything long term with him in the team because he's just here to shop window himself as can be seen in the selfish play that has been mentioned. We have a shit defence and rely on the front men and Jack to dig us out of holes of our own making. So we need quality up top. Giroud is barely good enough but he plays for the team. Walcott plays for himself. So much breaks down around him. Which in turn puts pressure on a defence that collapses at the slightest hint of pressure. Same with Diaby. Shit player. And they are big problems because there's only so much shit that any team can carry.

Which front men do we rely on to dig us out of holes? Absolute nonsense from some of you.

Alpha
31-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Giroud has done better than what Henry and RVP did in their first season . I think it is too quick to say he is not good enough . He will certainly score more than 20 goals this season . Not bad for a new player . Very fews have done it .

Kano
31-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Giroud has done better than what Henry in his first season
there should be a hall of shame section for some posts.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Which front men do we rely on to dig us out of holes? Absolute nonsense from some of you.

Nonsense comprehension from you tbf. I didn't say they actually dig us out, I said we rely on them to do it. What else can we do when the defence gives away so many goals and Wenger doesn't want to do anything about it? That's why a 1 in 10 "striker" is no use for us.

Power n Glory
31-01-2013, 02:50 PM
The defence and our attitude to defending has always been the problem. Even during the Highbury years when Adams and co were getting on we had some horrible moments. If Wenger hadn't bought Sol we'd have gone a long time without silverware. Let's not forget the importance of Lehman as well during the invincible season. Wenger needs to spend some money on quality players with real experience and know how to command a backline. Someone that can do half of his job for him in essence.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 02:51 PM
who isn't here for a shop window? this is all about the contract and his money and it just looks and sounds pretty pathetic that there appears to be a section of fans on the back of a player producing an actual end product. how many others are doing that most weeks? i'd be scared to see where we would be without him right now because there would be no actual useful replacement, we should know that much. the front men are doing the job needed, including theo and his assists show his key part in the team. it's a selfish rotten game at the moment but as long as those selfish rotten sons of bitches actually do something worthwhile, then great, thanks a lot. those fuckers that wear an armband for fun, break down every other game or can't be fucked to run back into position deserve a proper booting before anyone else.

We needed the selfish rotten SOBs to get a third goal last night, that's the bottom line. Average won't get us the coveted 4th place trophy this year.

Power n Glory
31-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Nonsense comprehension from you tbf. I didn't say they actually dig us out, I said we rely on them to do it. What else can we do when the defence gives away so many goals and Wenger doesn't want to do anything about it? That's why a 1 in 10 "striker" is no use for us.

:lol: No point in arguing with you. If that's your view you're welcome to it. But I say bullshit. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 02:52 PM
The defence and our attitude to defending has always been the problem. Even during the Highbury years when Adams and co were getting on we had some horrible moments. If Wenger hadn't bought Sol we'd have gone a long time without silverware. Let's not forget the importance of Lehman as well during the invincible season. Wenger needs to spend some money on quality players with real experience and know how to command a backline. Someone that can do half of his job for him in essence.

He needs to hand over all defensive responsibilities to somebody else because plainly it doesn't figure in his own plan.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 02:53 PM
:lol: No point in arguing with you. If that's your view you're welcome to it. But I say bullshit. :coffee:

The clubs beating down the door for Walcott's signature gave the game away surely? Why do you think he's still here?

Kano
31-01-2013, 02:58 PM
to keep you away from the transfer thread.

mission failed.

Cripps_orig
31-01-2013, 08:48 PM
People are actually criticising Theo? :haha:

Özim
31-01-2013, 08:52 PM
there should be a hall of shame section for some posts.
There is, why do you think this appears on GW?

Xhaka Can’t
31-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Giroud has done better than what Henry and RVP did in their first season . I think it is too quick to say he is not good enough . He will certainly score more than 20 goals this season . Not bad for a new player . Very fews have done it .

What Terry said.

Alpha
31-01-2013, 09:14 PM
People are actually criticising Theo? :haha:

No one can be spared of criticism . Better players than Theo have been criticized . People reckon his progress but they can still highlight his dark side .

Cripps_orig
31-01-2013, 09:38 PM
No one can be spared of criticism . Better players than Theo have been criticized . People reckon his progress but they can still highlight his dark side .
If it's just, then fair enough. If its made up BS as this thread is then it deserves to be laughed at.

Alpha
31-01-2013, 09:42 PM
If it's just, then fair enough. If its made up BS as this thread is then it deserves to be laughed at.

Theo has made significant progress . No one is unimpressed unless they are really blind . But he can still frustrate fans with is decision making . Especially when we are chasing a game .

selassie
31-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Theo has made significant progress . No one is unimpressed unless they are really blind . But he can still frustrate fans with is decision making . Especially when we are chasing a game .

At least he contributes and brings positives to the team. Sure he has his flaws but he's now one of our best players. I could pick at least 6 players in the team who have bigger faults that cost us games. The entire back 5 is a start.

Injury Time
31-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Said:
+ great stadium
+ easy to get too/ from

-limited repertoire of songs
-corporate dickheads in suits that wouldn't sit down in front of them

Not wrong about the songs though...until we see Nacho man that is :scarf:

Alpha
31-01-2013, 11:55 PM
At least he contributes and brings positives to the team. Sure he has his flaws but he's now one of our best players. I could pick at least 6 players in the team who have bigger faults that cost us games. The entire back 5 is a start.
Our comical back four has been in the front page of all papers that's why we don't talk about them anymore .We just want our best players to avoid costly mistakes . Our only chance of winning a game is a good performance from our attacking players . Our defenders don't count anymore even though they should . If we can score more goals we can win any game . That 's why any player who prevent us from scoring is committing a " crime' for the team .

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Said:
+ great stadium
+ easy to get too/ from

-limited repertoire of songs
-corporate dickheads in suits that wouldn't sit down in front of them

Not wrong about the songs though...until we see Nacho man that is :scarf:
That's a point I've been meaning to ask, what club songs do you have?

Apart from generic ones like "by far the greatest team the world blah blah" I don't think I've heard any. That doesn't just go for you obviously, since the only ones I can really recall for United and Spurs are "glory glory..." and that horrible slow "spurs go marching in".

Letters
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Traditionally it was Good Old Arsenal (written by Jimmy Hill, no less!) but that doesn't get sung much these days.

GP
01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Traditionally it was Good Old Arsenal (written by Jimmy Hill, no less!) but that doesn't get sung much these days.

Because it's shit.

Letters
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Because it's shit.
Unlike:

Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-nal.
Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-naa-aal.
Arse-er-na-all, Arse-er-nal.

Of course which is a work of lyrical genius only matched by "2 Unlimited"

:sarcy:

GP
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Unlike:

Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-nal, Arse-er-naa-aal.
Arse-er-na-all, Arse-er-nal.

Of course which is a work of lyrical genius only matched by "2 Unlimited"

:sarcy:

You've obviously forgotten...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5FYx4Hn5E

GP
01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrslYxYyS_A

Letters
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
He makes you look like a duck?!

:haha:

I like his new direction, moving into rap.

Ollie :bow: