PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction - Arsenal vs Scrote City

GP
02-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Great result, but it wasn't pretty.

Hope they get relegated soon. They don't belong here.

Nacho :scarf:

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Fuck you pulls.

Master Splinter
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Podolski :bow:.

Owen :haha:.

Surely some retrospective action for his limp bitch lunge on Arteta?

crashley
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
I was kinda hoping Ramsey was brought on just to cut Shawcunnt in half, shame he didn't get a chance.
Decent result considering.

Master Splinter
BBC think Stoke had 53% possession:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21209193

BBC :haha:.

Özil's Panoramic View
Didn't see the game compounded by wasn't able to follow match thread.

Heard it was scrappy but a win against those anti-football scrotes is always cause for wild celebration.

Fuck off u utter bag of non-football playing turds :haha:

Us :bow:

Awesomeness :bow:

fakeyank
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
We got 4th place in the bag :scarf:

GP
02-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I hear Stoke don't employ a nutritionist, Pulis just feeds them his own shit.

topgun
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I hear Stoke don't employ a nutritionist, Pulis just feeds them his own shit.

For what they do for football they deserve to be fed shit.:oldboy:

Marc Overmars
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Got the slice of luck we deserved.

On we go.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
That charming gent Shawcross was in with his studs again today. Lovely chap, much misunderstood. And Owen has been skipping his manhood classes again by the look of it.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Nice to have a FK taker who you think he has a chance when he steps up.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Great win.

Stoke. :haha:

I love seeing teams parking the bus lose 1-0.

GP
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Wenger :bow:

As usual his subs have a positive impact.

Syn
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Referee was right there - poor old Benchwarmer did punch Arteta but so weakly it doesn't count. @themichaelowen

Come on Benchwarmer @themichaelowen - you made more of a contribution sitting down.

So @themichaelowen will now get a retro 3-match ban after 6ms of play in which his one action was punching Arteta. #BackToTheBenchwarmer

Still the second best WUM in the business.

LDG
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Fuck Stoke. Fuck Pulis. And fuck all of their inbred fans.

One nil to the football team.

Don't give a fuck about anything else.

:dance:

Syn
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Fail.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Still the second best WUM in the business.

His WUMming in the States might get him killed. Hopefully.

Joker
02-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Awful game great win.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Awful game great win.

Pretty much.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Threads merged.

Oatcake anyone?

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Fail.

Failed fail :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
02-02-2013, 05:35 PM
His WUMming in the States might get him killed. Hopefully.

He's planning a trip Texas so you just might get your wish. If not there, it will be somewhere in the Carolinas (South most likely) where someone will likely shoot him for impersonating a security guard because he was attired in a suit.

Syn
02-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Failed fail :haha:

:lol:

Maccy just wilkinson'd me there for no reason.

GP
02-02-2013, 05:36 PM
He's Maccy and he don't complain :bow:

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
He's planning a trip Texas so you just might get your wish. If not there, it will be somewhere in the Carolinas (South most likely) where someone will likely shoot him for impersonating a security guard because he was attired in a suit.

I'm sure everyone over there really appreciates his lectures on their affairs.

Özil's Panoramic View
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm sure everyone over there really appreciates his lectures on their affairs.

Yup. The love is strong to the point where they gave him prime time slot and pay him a bucket load for said lectures.

Alpha
02-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Not a great game but more positives than negatives :
1) Clean sheet good for the defense confidence

2) Not a bad game for a debutant Monreal .

3) Some improvement in Walcott decision making

4) Sagna begins to find his form

5) Diaby fitness improving .

6) Defense did not panic even in set-pieces :bow:

Kano
02-02-2013, 05:55 PM
BlindFaith_8 once went there on a business trip, horrible place, full of guys with big hats and stetsons fucking each other after oil deals.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Yup. The love is strong to the point where they gave him prime time slot and pay him a bucket load for said lectures.

You can't take it with you. Roll on Texas, they'll know what to do.

Xhaka Can’t
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM
BlindFaith_8 once went there on a business trip,

Yeah, with Stacey's mom.

Özil's Panoramic View
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
BlindFaith_8 once went there on a business trip, horrible place, full of guys with big hats and stetsons fucking each other after oil deals.

Blind_faith 8

Alwful irony :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
02-02-2013, 06:07 PM

win yay - Shawcu*t deserves to be put down

welcome Nacho - thank god -could have been different if Santos was on the field

Owen :doh:

Injury Time
02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Linesman-slap head cheating ****
Shawcross- "you know what you are!!!
Pulis-"he wears the club shop, he wears the club shop, Tony Pulis he wears the club shop"
Theo-toys out of pram at said lino :haha:
Nacho- not a bad debut 1 day in
Sagna- hmm
Overall bit tappy tappy so take 3 points and :run:

Master Splinter
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.stokecityfc.com/cms_images/news/pulis-2226-241282.jpg

Errrrrrrrrrrrsnal.

Master Splinter
02-02-2013, 06:23 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/09/article-1310470-0AD7DB9F000005DC-130_306x423.jpg

I hate Errrrrrrsin Wenger.

Master Splinter
02-02-2013, 06:24 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/1/22/1264164692378/Tony-Pulis-Stoke-manager-001.jpg

No complaints from me.

Özim
02-02-2013, 06:32 PM
We huffed and puffed without ever really looking that dangerous and then a deflected shot saved our blushes.

Decent win in the end.

Xhaka Can’t
02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I haven't seen it, but I'd be even happier if our goal was offside, just so I could listen to Baloney Pubelice not complain about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM

Maccy just wilkinson'd me there for no reason.

I'm not that kind of lad.

Özim
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
6) Defense did not panic even in set-pieces :bow:
Doesn't count if the oppostion don't attack tbf

Letters
02-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Ug. How I hate Stoke. They add nothing to the Premiership. Nothing.
All they did today was time waste, cheat, kick and punt long balls up to Crouch.

Dear Jim, Please can you fix it for Stoke to get relegated from the Premiership. Thanks, Letters (aged 38)

Shawcross has no ability. At all. All he does it receive a pass when in space and hoof it forward. OK, he kicks someone occasionally too. As a footballer though he offers nothing.

We made hard work of it but deserved our slice of luck.

Ve Vill Vin The 4th Place Trophy :scarf:

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Ug. How I hate Stoke. They add nothing to the Premiership. Nothing.
All they did today was time waste, cheat, kick and punt long balls up to Crouch.

Dear Jim, Please can you fix it for Stoke to get relegated from the Premiership. Thanks, Letters (aged 38)

Shawcross has no ability. At all. All he does it receive a pass when in space and hoof it forward. OK, he kicks someone occasionally too. As a footballer though he offers nothing.

We made hard work of it but deserved our slice of luck.

Ve Vill Vin The 4th Place Trophy :scarf:

You look a lot older than 38.

Letters
02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
You look a lot older than 38.
Oh

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Oh

Besides, I don't think Jim would fix it for anyone over 12, so if you are going to lie about your age you'll need to go a lt lower than your thirties.

Joker
02-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Pubis irate:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8466002/Stoke-City-manager-Tony-Pulis-criticises-Arsenal-players-after-1-0-defeat

LDG
02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Pubis irate:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8466002/Stoke-City-manager-Tony-Pulis-criticises-Arsenal-players-after-1-0-defeat

Utter ****.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

You lost. We won. Fuck off.

Marc Overmars
02-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Not seen any of the game but I understand the goal was legit. So why is this knuckledragger crying?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2013, 08:00 PM
"We have done what we have come to do: frustrated Arsenal. If you compare the two clubs in terms of resources, it's not a level playing field, so you really have to dig in[...]

Utter rubbish. You have to 'dig in' and 'frustrate' because you routinely purchase the dregs of the universe.

Joker
02-02-2013, 08:03 PM
The goal was fine, and tbh some Stoke players were also surrounding the referee so he's being deliberately obtuse.

GP
02-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I thought we deserved to get something out of the game

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/wsg/image/1340/25/1340255138572.gif

Syn
02-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I haven't got a clue what offside is now.

It wasn't offside. Deal with it.

And tbh Walcott had a proper hissy fit at the linesman and we were moaning to the ref but it was deserved. Wilkinson could've had about 4 yellows on Theo alone.

Master Splinter
02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Pulis is an absolute Pulis.

Letters
02-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Utter rubbish. You have to 'dig in' and 'frustrate' because you routinely purchase the dregs of the universe.

Yep, utter bollox. Swansea don't have our resources but they played us off the park at the Emirates in the league.
'Cos they buy footballers, not thugs.

Fuck you, Pulis. Fuck you very much. :tiphat:

Power n Glory
02-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Yep, utter bollox. Swansea don't have our resources but they played us off the park at the Emirates in the league.
'Cos they buy footballers, not thugs.

Fuck you, Pulis. Fuck you very much. :tiphat:

That argument right there just kills a lot of what Wenger says about us being unable to compete with the other top clubs with more resources.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2013, 09:32 PM
That argument right there just kills a lot of what Wenger says about us being unable to compete with the other top clubs with more resources.

Nope, it doesn't. City can buy several teams of internationals so they don't have to worry about injuries, suspensions or busy schedules. It's a massive advantage. Not the same as clubs like Swansea and Arsenal.

Power n Glory
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Nope, it doesn't. City can buy several teams of internationals so they don't have to worry about injuries, suspensions or busy schedules. It's a massive advantage. Not the same as clubs like Swansea and Arsenal.

Here we go. Double standards. :coffee:

Letters
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
That argument right there just kills a lot of what Wenger says about us being unable to compete with the other top clubs with more resources.What NQ says.

Swansealona aren't winning the league or anywhere near, but they still survive in the PL playing good football. It shows you don't need to go down the Stoke route to survive even if you don't have the resources of the big boys.

GP
02-02-2013, 09:46 PM
What NQ says.

Swansealona aren't winning the league or anywhere near, but they still survive in the PL playing good football. It shows you don't need to go down the Stoke route to survive even if you don't have the resources of the big boys.

Hey, don't you DARE let facts get in the way of a good Wenger bash :angry:

Power n Glory
02-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I agree. Good football is the key and we're not playing it so resources can't be used as an excuse I'm afraid.

Letters
02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Here we go. Double standards. :coffee:

Well no because it's different arguements.

If Wenger says we can't compete with City then he's right.

If Pulis says Stoke can't compete with Arsenal then he's right.

But Pulis is saying that because they can't compete with Arsenal they have to play Rugby against us. He's wrong. Swansea can't compete with Arsenal either but they still aim to play good football and survive in the PL doing so.

Power n Glory
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM

But Pulis is saying that because they can't compete with Arsenal they have to play Rugby against us. He's wrong. Swansea can't compete with Arsenal either but they still aim to play good football and survive in the PL doing so.

He knows he doesn't have the players to play us off the park so he goes with the strength of his team to try and take point off us. It's not pretty but it works.

We can't compete with Chelsea and City's resources but we could at least employ tactics that make it hard for them to beat us. Besides, we're not in 6th place because we've played teams with more resources than us all season.

Injury Time
02-02-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.stokecityfc.com/cms_images/news/pulis-2226-241282.jpg

Errrrrrrrrrrrsnal.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/09/article-1310470-0AD7DB9F000005DC-130_306x423.jpg

I hate Errrrrrrsin Wenger.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/1/22/1264164692378/Tony-Pulis-Stoke-manager-001.jpg

No complaints from me.
He wears the club shop!
He wears the club shop!
Tony Pulis he wears the club shop!

Also little bit ****.

Anyone know the net spend of Stoke & Arsenal on transfers since Pukeface has joined Stoke RFC?

Also Micheal Own :handbags:

Özil's Panoramic View
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
This ridiculous argument again about City and Chavs resources in a bid to commisserate for Wenger. City and Chavs are not exactly running away with the league, are they? Look at the shitte squad the Mancs have been using to keep pace, even being ahead of them both. Really doesn't augur well for our manager that another manager can use an equally average squad and be so bloody competitive whilst at it, right?

And I'll take the liberty of pre-empting those who will inenvitably say SAF is greatest manager ever, by asking what has changed since the times when he and Wenger used to be considered of the same ilk?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Wish I hadn't quoted Pulis now.

Power n Glory
02-02-2013, 10:45 PM
This ridiculous argument again about City and Chavs resources in a bid to commisserate for Wenger. City and Chavs are not exactly running away with the league, are they? Look at the shitte squad the Mancs have been using to keep pace, even being ahead of them both. Really doesn't augur well for our manager that another manager can use an equally average squad and be so bloody competitive whilst at it, right?

And I'll take the liberty of pre-empting those who will inenvitably say SAF is greatest manager ever, by asking what has changed since the times when he and Wenger used to be considered of the same ilk?

It's a double standard. Our bench is probably worth more than the majority of mid level lower league teams and we have quite a few internationals on the bench as well. We were able to bring to International players off the bench to win the game for us today and had a player making his debut to cover an injury. It's not a level playing field for most of the lower league teams when they face us but we still struggle because we fail to do the basics.

Joker
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
We should be closer to the top teams IMO, regardless of the difference in resources. A lot of the points we drop is due to individual mistakes or tactical failings against sides with much inferior resources. This has nothing to with City or Chelsea's wealth.

Özim
02-02-2013, 10:50 PM

His job is to do as well as he can with Stoke, his style isn't passing football but it is effective and keeps them in the PL every year and they get a few scalps every season as well, they're never in the relegation mix.

It's up to him how he does his job but as long as the fans are happy and the club is happy I don't see why he'd change or risk playing passing football and possibly getting relegated.

I wouldn't say we were that entertaining today (or in general either), we don't hoof it but the pass pass football is hard work I have to say.

Letters
02-02-2013, 11:40 PM
His job is to do as well as he can with Stoke, his style isn't passing football but it is effective and keeps them in the PL every year and they get a few scalps every season as well, they're never in the relegation mix.

It's up to him how he does his job but as long as the fans are happy and the club is happy I don't see why he'd change or risk playing passing football and possibly getting relegated.
Fine. But he's saying it's his only option. It isn't. Having less resources doesn't mean you're forced to play hoofball. Swansea don't.

GP
02-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Also, from what I can tell, the Stoke fans are NOT happy and largely want him replaced.

Letters
02-02-2013, 11:46 PM
The new stadium (which did initially restrict spending, even if Wenger now chooses not to spend money he has)
The billionaire owners fuelling the ridiculous spiralling transfer fees and wages.
Other clubs catching up with Wenger's training methods and diet.
Other clubs having global scouting networks which means Wenger can't pick up players as cheap as he once could before they were on other clubs' radars.

Plenty has changed in football since Wenger started with us. Wenger hasn't. Fergie IS the best manager of all time IMO, I don't believe their current squad under any other manager would be where they are.

Cripps_orig
02-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Just saw the Owen incident. It was nothing

Cripps_orig
02-02-2013, 11:59 PM
on the performance…
They made it difficult for us, they were well organised, defended very deeply and we didn't find the space but kept going. We were a bit lucky on the goal but overall we deserve this win. We had chances, their keeper made some saves. We played in one half in the second half especially and overall we deserved to win the game.

on the linesman flagging for the goal…
I haven't seen it. Honestly, from the bench I couldn't see what had happened. I thought the linesman gave offside, or maybe one of our players handled the ball - that is all I could think of. In fact, I heard Walcott was offside but not interfering with the game, so it was a goal.

on some flashpoints at the end…
There were some heated moments, I don't think there was anything exceptional in the tackles. Theo Walcott got good treatment today, but I am very happy because the way he responded to it was with full commitment and desire to impose himself. That is where you see that Walcott has become a different player recently.

on Shawcross' tackle on Koscielny…
I have to look at it again. I am not completely objective when it comes to Ryan Shawcross! That is why I am bit cautious with my statement.

on bad blood between the clubs…
They know that we try to play a game based on movement and technique and they oppose us with a very strong defence. You have to give them credit for the way they defended today, but overall I don't think too much happened. Apart from Theo Walcott, he got a few bad tackles that maybe deserved a yellow. Overall it was a physical game with a team who tries to get some points and we expected that. We prepared mentally for that.

on grinding out a win…
We are a team who can create chances, and score goals. Today it was not the case - we created chances but could not get the goals. But still I am happy that for a long time now, we didn't concecede and the defence looked solid. The satisfaction is that Nacho Monreal had a good start for a player who just arrived yesterday and is in the team today. He did not have time to think about it, but he got stronger and stronger during the game.

on Monreal's thoughts on English football…
There is no better culture shock than Stoke when you come from Spain! They had a very physical game and I think he dealt well with it.

on the race for the top four…
I said before the West Ham game and the Liverpool game that we are in a position where we can't drop points. We dropped points against Liverpool but we couldn't do it again today. What is more important is the quality of our performances is there, the spirit is there and the target to be in the top four is very important now because we have strengthened our belief and confidence.

theo is awesome

Syn
03-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Having more money than others helps you a lot in terms of finishing above them. And in the extreme cases you're bound to win if you spend enough. There are other factors but football has increasingly become about which owners have deeper pockets. It is not impossible to out-perform someone richer than you because there's no law which says you can't. It seems ridiculous for me to feel the need to explain all that before getting to my point, but given the number of poor quality 'debates' you idiots have about them, I think it's a good move.

About Stoke, they are unlikely to out-perform us because they're not as rich as us. I remember watching a 2nd division play-off between Stoke and Cardiff in 2002 - they weren't, then, particularly known for being a rough side, but they became known as one as soon as they were in the PL. Part of the reason they have survived us that they're tough to beat and they want to keep this 'us against the rich twats' attitute and it's gets them into a battle. Teams don't particularly like playing them and that's fair enough - mission accomplished, this is their 5th season in the league and it's a massive achievement to get from the second division to 5 successive seasons in the premier league in 11 years. But with these sorts of attitudes and tactics, you can only go so far. If you keep playing for draws against the top 10, you're limiting the number of points you can get to around 60 (which you're not going to reach anyway).

Given that Stoke have the team they have, I think it's fair enough to go to Arsenal or teams much better than you and get into a rugby match and hope to come out with a 0-0 draw. I don't blame them for that. If I was Pulis, I'd send my team out to do exactly that. But looking at the longer term - given that it is now 5 seasons in the premier league, I think the club should be looking to do better than their usual 10th place cap. And in order to do that, they need to try to win some of the games they currently play for draws in. And in order to do that, they need to take more chances in the transfer market and playing style. They won't attract big names, but they can try to attract some promising youngsters. Some of them will turn out rubbish, so you play the numbers game and long term it should pay off.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Pubis irate:

It was the correct decision given that Walcott was inactive, but Stoke boss Pulis was nevertheless irate.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I agree. Good football is the key and we're not playing it so resources can't be used as an excuse I'm afraid.

We're pretty much 4/5th in terms of resources and we pretty much finish...4th. But that isn't an argument for here, be a football fan and celebrate a win over an utter scrote and bunch of thugs.

The bigger picture will always be there, but moments don't last forever - enjoy the moment.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:21 AM
He knows he doesn't have the players to play us off the park so he goes with the strength of his team to try and take point off us. It's not pretty but it works.

We can't compete with Chelsea and City's resources but we could at least employ tactics that make it hard for them to beat us. Besides, we're not in 6th place because we've played teams with more resources than us all season.

Yeah, because we NEVER beat Chelsea or City.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:24 AM

I wouldn't say we were that entertaining today (or in general either), we don't hoof it but the pass pass football is hard work I have to say.

You're wrong. Their fans are far from happy.

Özim
03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Fine. But he's saying it's his only option. It isn't. Having less resources doesn't mean you're forced to play hoofball. Swansea don't.
Yes that's true, but I'd say playing open football is much riskier, look at the likes of Reading who are getting carved open. It's not impossible for smaller clubs to play football but it's much harder to compete because ultimately they usually have inferior players.

In our case we clearly don't have the players of some of the other top sides (though IMO we could spend a bit more and get closer to them and certainly pick up some top players on the way) but at the same time we never adjust the way we play, we got out and try and pass it around them and 9 times out of 10 these days we get beaten.

It would be cleverer to adjust you're style or tactics according to the opposition, at least to try and nullify their game a little to give yourself the best chance of winning....the lack of a defence really hinders us particularly against top teams.

Özim
03-02-2013, 12:30 AM
You're wrong. Their fans are far from happy.
I don't follow the Stoke forums but I assumed they'd be happy to be in the PL for x amount of seasons. Would they rather play nice football and get relegated, which is highly likely?

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't follow the Stoke forums but I assumed they'd be happy to be in the PL for x amount of seasons. Would they rather play nice football and get relegated, which is highly likely?

And a lot of people would assume we'd be happy with CL football for 16 seasons...

Syn
03-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Motherfucking BOOM.

:popcorn:

GP
03-02-2013, 12:38 AM

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Wish I hadn't quoted Pulis now.

Wenger out!

Özim
03-02-2013, 12:40 AM
And a lot of people would assume we'd be happy with CL football for 16 seasons...
It's not really the Champions league though is it, it's a tournament for a fair amount of losers as well (mostly losers in fact).

In addition it's a slightly different case, we're a big club, historically one of the biggest in England and should really have a chance of winning it at some point, all we do is make up the numbers until a decent teams shows up to give us a pasting.

I'd be prouder of our record if something different happened from time to time, not just the predictable stuff we see every season. The fact we sit there and change nothing and hope things change really isn't very satisfying at all.

Neither is watching every other English side pick up the trophy instead of us. I actually enjoyed the CL more pre 2005 when although we didn't do that well you just believed we had a chance and the result was less predictable, it's not all about winning, it's also about unpredictability and having the belief that there's an outside chance it could happen.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Also, from what I can tell, the Stoke fans are NOT happy and largely want him replaced.

That's because they went a whole season without breaking legs. He set the bar too high and is paying the price.

milla
03-02-2013, 12:42 AM

And getting ass whipped by Barcelona year in and year out. :Coffee:

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Just saw the Owen incident. It was nothing

Except a red for Owen. The old argument about not lifting a hand to the opponent. Just because he's a limp wrist doesn't mean he's exempt. Shawcross should have gone as well for leaving his studs in on Kos. No doubt about that one either.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM

Barca and the ref, tbf.

Özim
03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Except a red for Owen. The old argument about not lifting a hand to the opponent. Just because he's a limp wrist doesn't mean he's exempt. Shawcross should have gone as well for leaving his studs in on Kos. No doubt about that one either.
The challenge wasn't the best by Arteta either to be fair, was it two footed (didn't get a proper look but it was a poor challenge from what I saw)?

Cripps_orig
03-02-2013, 12:48 AM

Arteta did the same thing in retaliation. Nothing incident.

Didn't see the Shawcross one. But he's a **** so he had to go.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:48 AM

It probably wouldn't feel as bad if Barcelona ass whipped other teams too.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Barca and the ref, tbf.

Pretty much

GP
03-02-2013, 12:50 AM

Exactly. Great, clean tackle from Arteta and Owen lashed out. He should have walked.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:51 AM
It's not really the Champions league though is it, it's a tournament for a fair amount of losers as well (mostly losers in fact).

In addition it's a slightly different case, we're a big club, historically one of the biggest in England and should really have a chance of winning it at some point, all we do is make up the numbers until a decent teams shows up to give us a pasting.

I'd be prouder of our record if something different happened from time to time, not just the predictable stuff we see every season. The fact we sit there and change nothing and hope things change really isn't very satisfying at all.

Neither is watching every other English side pick up the trophy instead of us. I actually enjoyed the CL more pre 2005 when although we didn't do that well you just believed we had a chance and the result was less predictable, it's not all about winning, it's also about unpredictability and having the belief that there's an outside chance it could happen.

Yeah, like that outside chance Stoke have of winning the league.

Makes you wonder wtf is wrong with their fans.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2013, 12:51 AM
The challenge wasn't the best by Arteta either to be fair, was it two footed (didn't get a proper look but it was a poor challenge from what I saw)?

Possibly, but it would have been a harsh red. Owen's was a definite red, not because of any challenge but because he lifted his hands to an opponent, and as we well know from commentators gloating at our players getting sent off over the year, you can't do that. But the ref ignored it. At least he had the balls to give a legitimate goal and not listed to that crappy linesman. So break even.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Exactly. Great, clean tackle from Arteta and Owen lashed out. He should have walked.

Haven't seen it yet, have recorded MOTD and will watch our bit and delete the rest during the first period intermission in the Bruins/Leafs game.

Then I will report back my findings.

Syn
03-02-2013, 12:56 AM
I still don't know what that linesman was thinking, because it wasn't even marginal. Theo couldn't have been complicating things because he was standing well offside. The only defence I can make is that he couldn't see, from his angle, whether or not Theo was in line with the goalkeeper's view and so wanted to ask the referee. But either way it was very weak.

In hindsight I don't think you'd want to see Owen being sent off for something like that. It was handbags and players should be laughed at. A proper punch would be different, but I suspect Arteta would've been rolling on the floor like footballers do if there was actually a hint of pain. Looking at the replay, Arteta's challenge was absolutely fine, and clean.

Özim
03-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah, like that outside chance Stoke have of winning the league.

Makes you wonder wtf is wrong with their fans.
Like I said different case, they're a small club, we're one of the biggest in the world and in the top 5-6 richest.

Syn
03-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Jack finally decided to pick on someone his own size.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCH9INdCcAE4KHQ.jpg:large

GP
03-02-2013, 01:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0dOZ5mo.gif

Syn
03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
That's why the handshake tradition in football is stupid. What's the point of that? They clearly hate eachother.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Like I said different case, they're a small club, we're one of the biggest in the world and in the top 5-6 richest.

Nah, it is about you thinking they're happy with their lot, me telling you they aren't, and you saying you'd think they would be. Which is pretty much how outsiders view us.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
That's why the handshake tradition in football is stupid. What's the point of that? They clearly hate eachother.

I bet he wouldn't complain if Wenger hadn't bothered.

GP
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM

Yep, it's such a token gesture from pulis, he doesn't even look at Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM
I have now watched and these are my findings:

I still don't know what that linesman was thinking, because it wasn't even marginal. Theo couldn't have been complicating things because he was standing well offside. The only defence I can make is that he couldn't see, from his angle, whether or not Theo was in line with the goalkeeper's view and so wanted to ask the referee. But either way it was very weak.

In hindsight I don't think you'd want to see Owen being sent off for something like that. It was handbags and players should be laughed at. A proper punch would be different, but I suspect Arteta would've been rolling on the floor like footballers do if there was actually a hint of pain. Looking at the replay, Arteta's challenge was absolutely fine, and clean.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Yep, it's such a token gesture from pulis, he doesn't even look at Wenger.

If it is possible to say 'go fuck yourself you foreign piece of shit' via a handshake, that would be the handshake.

GP
03-02-2013, 01:23 AM
I have now watched and these are my findings:

Good points, well made.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Thank-you.

GP
03-02-2013, 01:28 AM
That's alright.

Syn
03-02-2013, 01:48 AM
I hate you all.

Syn
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM

Also, why is Wenger slapping him on the arse?

LDG
03-02-2013, 01:56 AM

Boss
03-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Wilshere :bow: :bow:

Podolski :bow: :bow:

Stoke :pal: :pal:

Didn't watch the game, good to see us get a win, heard Monreal played well which is another bonus.

On to the next one.

Letters
03-02-2013, 08:55 AM

:awlsomepost:

Injury Time
03-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Is Arsene saying "****"?
Hope so.

Alpha
03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Jack finally decided to pick on someone his own size.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCH9INdCcAE4KHQ.jpg:large

This could be the funniest post . Now , what about Metersacker picking on Peter Crouch ? LOL .

Alpha
03-02-2013, 09:50 AM
They only shook hands because we won the game . Had we lost it , I wouldn't think Wenger could have shook Pulis's hand .

Alpha
03-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Also, why is Wenger slapping him on the arse?

Any gay suspicion ?

Power n Glory
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
The new stadium (which did initially restrict spending, even if Wenger now chooses not to spend money he has)
The billionaire owners fuelling the ridiculous spiralling transfer fees and wages.
Other clubs catching up with Wenger's training methods and diet.
Other clubs having global scouting networks which means Wenger can't pick up players as cheap as he once could before they were on other clubs' radars.

Plenty has changed in football since Wenger started with us. Wenger hasn't. Fergie IS the best manager of all time IMO, I don't believe their current squad under any other manager would be where they are.

We've never been a club that has been able to compete with the big elite clubs when it came to spending and have always steered clear of a bidding war. If a player starts to make a name for himself with a smaller club and manages to get on the elite clubs radar, we've never thrown our hat into the ring. That's how it's always been under Wenger. During the Highbury years under Wenger, we were never battling it out with United to sign players and competing for the marque players. We weren't involved when they were making bids for internationals like Rio, Veron and Ronaldinho. We were never involved in the big money moves back then so it's wrong to suggest we would have been had not Chelsea arrived. World record bids were being made way back then when guys like Crespo, Veri, Figo and Zidane were on the scene and Real Madrid were spending silly money. We supposedly built the stadium to be able to compete with those clubs.

Prices have been inflated but even if they weren't I doubt we'd get involved in a bidding war for players because that's never been our style. This bring me to the second part of the argument and the bit highlighted in bold. There are plenty of cheap players out there that aren't on the top clubs radars and are within our price range but we don't make a move for them. We've seen what Pardrew is doing with Newcastle and it's like he's pulling a Wenger with some of his buys. How has he got the inside lane on Wenger's on territory and where he should be the expert? There have been plenty of cheap players that we could have moved for but we haven't over the years. Now it looks like we're slowly getting back to our old ways with the signing of Podolski, Cazorla, Merts, Moreal, Giroud but we're still way to cautious in the transfer window and have missed out on players that could have helped us years ago and maybe wrapped up some silverware or at least convince some of our wantaway stars to commit to the club. There are some real gems playing for some of the mid level teams and they'd have done a much better job than some the players we have currently so we can't keep blaming our transfer inactivity on Chelsea and co. Look how quickly we snapped up Moreal because of the Gibbs injury. It was the same for our deadline day deals last summer. We know players are out there but Wenger is too indecisive and what call time on a players career quick enough or adapt when we're in bad shape.

Özim
03-02-2013, 11:54 AM

:awlsomepost:
I guess it would be truer if the CL wasn't a load of money spinning shite.

PGFC
03-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Pukeis is a deluded shitbag, great result.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2013, 12:54 PM
1. what was giroud thinking when he tried heading it across goal?

2. the media are quick to point out our players surrounding the ref but if you look closely you'll see mertesacker was there first, the ref said go away, and per followed the instructions. he was nowhere to be seen after.

3. i can watch jack pushing owen over and over again. love this guy.

4. i like the fact arteta fought back too. a bit of aggression is good.

5. unreal was unreal.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Just seen hardman Owen's little outburst. :haha:

What a chump. Just retire, you're not fooling anybody.

Kano
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
I guess it would be truer if the CL wasn't a load of money spinning shite.
It also was pre 2005 when you enjoyed it.

Özim
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
It also was pre 2005 when you enjoyed it.
No it was sh*te then as well, but at least you felt we had a chance as we had a decent team in those days.

Preferred it when it was the European Cup though, it felt much more special and a real achievement getting into it.

Grebbo
03-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I love Stoke when we beat them. There's something extra special when you beat a team full of chebs managed by a douche bag.

Very nice feeling. For this reason I like that they don't/can't play football.

Obviously losing to them is ten times worse than losing to any other team in the bottom half of the table.

I had a quick look on their forum and it seems the majority of their fans want Pulis out. They can see he's spent a fuck load of cash on a load of junk that can't play football.

Kano
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
No it was sh*te then as well, but at least you felt we had a chance as we had a decent team in those days.
you said you liked it back then, so make your mind up.

Kano
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
good to see stoke way above this sort of thing too

http://www.7amkickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/48821882_stoke.jpg

Özim
03-02-2013, 10:01 PM
you said you liked it back then, so make your mind up.
I liked it because it was unpredictable for us, it wasn't scripted like it is now....we always had hope that we could do it.

Now I know we'll get knocked out the moment we meet a decent side, I wouldn't give a toss if we didn't qualify which might actually happen this season. The Europa Cup might be a bit more our level and a bit of a change in fact.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
How the hell do you discuss anything with someone who has such bizarre and inconsistent logic?

Spock's head would explode.

GP
03-02-2013, 10:15 PM
How the hell do you discuss anything with someone who has such bizarre and inconsistent logic?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0cnXYhlBk1k/SkAl3cgKkaI/AAAAAAAADJ4/yG84UlsX0U4/s400/i'm+with+illogical.jpg

Özim
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM

What are on about?

There's no inconsistency, I've always said the unpredictability is what made it enjoyable in my earlier post and there's no unpredictability nowadays.

You guys should learn to read.

Letters
03-02-2013, 10:24 PM
There's no inconsistency, I've always said the unpredictability is what made it enjoyable in my earlier post and there's no unpredictability nowadays.
You knew we'd lose to Bradford?

The bookies must hate you.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 10:30 PM
What are on about?

You guys should learn to read.

Thats right, it can't be you.

So it must be everyone else.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2013, 10:33 PM

I did tbh hence I said they were favourites in the match thread

Özim
03-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Thats right, it can't be you.

So it must be everyone else.
Clearly it is with those people who can't read posts and come out with stuff like you just did.

Özim
03-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Yeah cos Bradford are in the CL :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM

Kano
03-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I liked it because it was unpredictable for us, it wasn't scripted like it is now....we always had hope that we could do it.

Now I know we'll get knocked out the moment we meet a decent side, I wouldn't give a toss if we didn't qualify which might actually happen this season. The Europa Cup might be a bit more our level and a bit of a change in fact.
but you said it was shite. would you care if we did qualify?

Letters
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
How much did you win?

#moneywhereyourmouthis.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Clearly it is with those people who can't read posts and come out with stuff like you just did.

You'll never admit when you've got it wrong - just like the debacle over your view on what Stoke fans think, then what you figured they ought to think.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
How much did you win?

#moneywhereyourmouthis.

Really, what is the point.

I say this as a pot who calls kettles...

GP
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Really, what is the point.

I say this as a pot who calls kettles...

How dare you?!

:PnG:

Letters
03-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah cos Bradford are in the CL :lol:
Oh I see what you mean.

Well. It's predictable in the sense that we're not going to win it. I still enjoyed the group stage this year as it was against decent teams and I'm looking forward to the Bayern game. Yeah, we're distant 2nd favourites but for me being in the CL was never about winning it, although obviously that's the aim and would be nice, it's about the excitement of seeing some of the best players around. I guess if you're just a glory-hunter it's not that interesting, not that you are one of course.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh I see what you mean.

Well. It's predictable in the sense that we're not going to win it. I still enjoyed the group stage this year as it was against decent teams and I'm looking forward to the Bayern game. Yeah, we're distant 2nd favourites but for me being in the CL was never about winning it, although obviously that's the aim and would be nice, it's about the excitement of seeing some of the best players around. I guess if you're just a glory-hunter it's not that interesting, not that you are one of course.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
How much did you win?#moneywhereyourmouthis.I never bet

Özim
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
but you said it was shite. would you care if we did qualify?
I think it's sh*te due to stupidly having 4 teams from one country and protecting most of the top teams throughout the competition, it's the big clubs protecting their interests.

No I don't really care, don't really enjoy it, it's dull and repetitive for us so if we don't qualify I won't care much, plus it'll hopefully be another nail in Wenger's coffin.

Özim
03-02-2013, 11:37 PM
You'll never admit when you've got it wrong - just like the debacle over your view on what Stoke fans think, then what you figured they ought to think.
I never said I was right about the Stoke fans I don't follow them but I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that as a small club staying in the PL was like winning the CL for them, maybe they should get a manager who gets them to play pretty football and get them relegated to see if they feel better.

Özim
03-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh I see what you mean.

That's the problem for me, I'd like to feel like we have an outside chance (however small) of winning it, pre 2005 I enjoyed it a lot more as I always thought that if things come together we could always do it, now I just feel we're making up the numbers and waiting to meet a decent side in the knockout stages where we invariably get knocked out.

Who genuinely feels we have a chance when we play one of the big teams? I certainly don't, I could never see us doing a Chelsea or Liverpool and knocking out a superior side.

You just know we neither have the mentality, discipline or hunger to knockout the better sides, we can only play one way and when that doesn't work we're out of ideas.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
I never said I was right about the Stoke fans I don't follow them but I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that as a small club staying in the PL was like winning the CL for them, maybe they should get a manager who gets them to play pretty football and get them relegated to see if they feel better.

I don't give a toss who their manager is, the point is, many of them don't want to watch the shit they serve up. And it isn't an either or situation where you either have thugs that keep you in the PL or you actually try to play football resulting in relegation.

That is the problem with you - you take extreme positions all the time. There is never room for analysis or thought.

Özim
03-02-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't give a toss who their manager is, the point is, many of them don't want to watch the shit they serve up. And it isn't an either or situation where you either have thugs that keep you in the PL or you actually try to play football resulting in relegation.

That is the problem with you - you take extreme positions all the time. There is never room for analysis or thought.
That's up to them, but whatever you say it's very hard for small clubs to come into the PL and play football and survive, there are exceptions but most end up being relegated, if not in the 1st season then not long afterwards.

Generally only the clubs with the resources to buy better quality players will survive in the PL playing football.

Incidentally there's nothing wrong with a bit of physicality in football sometimes, it's not a non contact sport, in the days of Adams and co players weren't scared to put in the odd hard tackle (nor in the Vieira days).

Xhaka Can’t
04-02-2013, 12:07 AM
No one has stated that there is anything wrong with a bit of physicality.

Syn
04-02-2013, 12:39 AM
No one has stated that there is anything wrong with a bit of physicality.

Someone should tell that to Michael Owen.*

You see that's funny for two reasons.
1. Arteta munched him.
2. Owen punched like a girl.

Cripps_orig
04-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Shawcross's challenge on Calamity was highlighted on MOTD2 with both Savage and Shearer agreeing that yellow was sufficient. Can't say I disagree. Yes Shawcross is a despicable **** of a human being but red would have been harsh although funny

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Shawcross's challenge on Calamity was highlighted on MOTD2 with both Savage and Shearer agreeing that yellow was sufficient. Can't say I disagree. Yes Shawcross is a despicable **** of a human being but red would have been harsh although funny

Shearer and Savage weren't "hard" players, they were dirty thugs. Who can ever forget the cowardly kick Shearer took at a player's head? And Savage had to be thuggish because he was one of the least talented pieces of shit to ever play the game. Hardly surprising they think thuggery is an acceptable and even desirable part of the game.

Shawcross' challenge undoubtedly warranted a red. There are no grey areas. He left his studs up and leg extended and went for the groin. It's a shame he didn't hit the turf instead and have is leg stick resulting in a knee dislocation, ankle break and shattered shin. That would have been a fair reward for an assault like that. As it stands, he didn't even get a red card.

Owen's was a 100% red too, despite the fact he punches like a particularly timid homosexual. The rules are the rules. Not sure why they apply to us but not teams like Stoke.

fakeyank
04-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Owen's was a 100% red too, despite the fact he punches like a particularly timid homosexual. The rules are the rules. Not sure why they apply to us but not teams like Stoke.

Injury Time
04-02-2013, 03:49 PM
He wears the club shop!
He wears the club shop!
Tony Pulis he wears the club shop!

Also little bit ****.

Anyone know the net spend of Stoke & Arsenal on transfers since Pukeface has joined Stoke RFC?

Also Micheal Own :handbags:

We can't compete with the resources Stoke have:

the net spend at each club since Tony Pulis took over at Stoke City and he's right, there's a huge gap between the two clubs. Stoke City have spent, on net spend, £120m more than Arsenal since the start of the 2006/07 season.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/stoke-city-have-spent-120m-more-than-arsenal-since-tony-pulis-too

Fist of Lehmann
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
We can't compete with the resources Stoke have:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/stoke-city-have-spent-120m-more-than-arsenal-since-tony-pulis-too

And...

Why Stoke City's pockets are deeper than many Premier League rivals (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/21/stoke-city-finances-caborn-ferguson)

See, it's like this.

Pulis is a guy who likes to wear the underdog tag.

But it's deflection for this own lack of nous.
In reality the guy is a throwback, a dinosaur. Even in the tactical backwater of English football his brand of football was dying out 20 years ago.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
And...

Why Stoke City's pockets are deeper than many Premier League rivals (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/21/stoke-city-finances-caborn-ferguson)

See, it's like this.

In reality the guy is a throwback, a dinosaur. Even in the tactical backwater of English football his brand of football was dying out 20 years ago.

It's not even a new claim, looking on the skysports clips, tony pulis' reaction to the last three league meetings at the emirates has been the same....look at their resources compared to ours. And the best thing he comes out with is "teams like them don't like it when we try and stop them playing!".....what he means of course is that teams like us don't like it when their thugs go out to deliberately harm other players. I wouldn't mind if they can take what they give out, but the Stoke players were whining like little girls or lashing out petulantly whenever we got physical with them.

It's not a resource issue, i doubt Swansea are any better off financially than Stoke but they play football in a way that's to be admired and they defend well and don't lose too many games.....they don't feel the need to do that by putting the boot in.

Kano
04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
It's not even a new claim, looking on the skysports clips, tony pulis' reaction to the last three league meetings at the emirates has been the same....look at their resources compared to ours. And the best thing he comes out with is "teams like them don't like it when we try and stop them playing!".....what he means of course is that teams like us don't like it when their thugs go out to deliberately harm other players. I wouldn't mind if they can take what they give out, but the Stoke players were whining like little girls or lashing out petulantly whenever we got physical with them.

It's not a resource issue, i doubt Swansea are any better off financially than Stoke but they play football in a way that's to be admired and they defend well and don't lose too many games.....they don't feel the need to do that by putting the boot in.
and quite frankly it is just the lazy way to play football. sure, you come into the country's top tier and you have to tough it out for a season or two but then you have to develop something a bit different, evolve your team instead of just going out to buy the biggest 7ft bastards available to keep doing the same old thing you always have. no one is even saying they have to play like swansea but look at everton, who have consistently overachieved on their limited resources, always tough to beat and whilst not the prettiest in the league, certainly far from the worst. fulham come into that category as do west brom. pullis has nothing else on offer apart from this one style, outdated way of archaic football.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Most promoted sides these days are getting the ball down and playing, Stoke are pretty much the last of a dying breed. Even Fat Sam is not as militant as he was at Bolton.

They've done well to consolidate their position but after reading Oatcake it seems like their fans are a little bit tired and want to shake off their thugball reputation as well.

I hope it all ends in tears, Pulis is an odious prick with an inferiority complex.

Power n Glory
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
How dare you?!

:PnG:

This obsession of yours is a bit disturbing.

Power n Glory
04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
And...

See, it's like this.

Sounds like another manager I know :lol:

fakeyank
04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Sounds like another manager I know :lol:

So true

LDG
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
And...

Pulis is a guy who likes to wear a cap.

:good:

Power n Glory
04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Most promoted sides these days are getting the ball down and playing, Stoke are pretty much the last of a dying breed. Even Fat Sam is not as militant as he was at Bolton.

They've done well to consolidate their position but after reading Oatcake it seems like their fans are a little bit tired and want to shake off their thugball reputation as well.

I hope it all ends in tears, Pulis is an odious prick with an inferiority complex.

It's good to see teams like Swansea, Southampton and West Brom come in and try to play football. It's the only way to develop young British talent and managers like Pulis and Fat Sam need to hit the road. There needs to be more managers investing in training grounds and developing young players. I give Wenger a lot of stick for the way he runs things but in truth, it's the way a lot of smaller clubs should be run. Set up the academy, develop young players and when they're ready to move on, sell for a hefty fee. QPR isn't the way to go and they'll end up like Pompey if not careful. We have a sound philosophy but it's as if nobody has told Wenger and co that we've arrived but there still acting as if we're a small club. They need to start the transition.

GP
04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
This obsession of yours is a bit disturbing.

Fight the power.

Power n Glory
04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Fight the power.

Mods...clear example of a guy on the wum. Have a word with him.

GP
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle an appliance of colour.

Power n Glory
05-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Fuck off GP. There is plenty of other things for you discuss in here that are Arsenal related. But as usual you're just taking the piss.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-02-2013, 12:10 AM
:lol: match threads.

what a mess.

GP
05-02-2013, 12:16 AM
:lol: brilliant

Injury Time
05-02-2013, 08:34 AM
I think you two just need to hump and work out that tension tbh.